Bionicle Theme Song

Cederak

Either Taking the Hobbits To Isengard or Dragostea Din Tei.The latter preferably with misheard lyrics.-Dovydas

Nuva Nuva Yay~!I think Murky works well for the whole series, as well as Trigger.Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne, too.Sing by MCR for the Marhi/Inika and the Mata/Nuva.Actually, most of The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys works too, especially Summertime, Planetary GO, S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W, And Bulletproof Heart. The Kids From Yesterday sort of describe us as a fandom.Vocaloid now! Kokoro by Toratobuta reminds me of Bionicle, though it might just be a fanfic I read. Also, Paradise of Light and Shadow. Starduster makes me feel about the same as when Bionicle ended. The Benzene series is just so descriptive of the series and the dark, mind-bending parts. And, just a thought, Meltdown/Roshiin Yuukai. Just saying. I can imagine a lot of Toa diving into a nuclear reactor. Hahli in paticular, since I can imagine the whole PV with her.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

I personally feel that Hero by All-Insane Kids fits Bionicle's heroism really well. Also, I Will Not Bow by Breaking Benjamin I think is fairly good. I've always liked Cryoshell's stuff, too.But, here's something that I think us fans could do.Write and produce a fan-made Bionicle theme song.I mean come on guys, surely, with how many of us there are, and I've seen how talented you guys are, the lot of Bionicle fans could make something amazing. Now, of course, if this idea goes through, any genre of music chosen would get someone who doesn't like it. But that would only prompt more music, different ideas, to be made, right?See, there are some amazing songs (particularly rap songs) about video game series like Mass Effect or Halo, and Bionicle is, in my personal opinion, right up there with some of the most amazing stories I have ever had the honor to know about. I think we could pull it off, guys. I don't have a bit of musical talent, but I know it's totally possible to do.- Morakaze

Edited by -Windrider-

nn8pio.jpg

I run a Bukkit MineCraft server. If you want to come and play. Website: Vasili's MineCraft Server. Connection Address: vasilicraft.us.to

^ We need to do this. I'm going to get a microphone soon, so I'll sing and help write the lyrics.

Personally I don't think this is relevant to the discussion of the topic, but if I may say, something with lyrics just doesn't seem like it'd fit with the story. Something with plenty of classical instruments (for instance, violins, cellos, et cetera) that can make a dramatic, hard-hitting sound would fit more perfectly, in my opinion. I can see a fan-made theme song for BIONICLE being a great idea, but it depends on how you go about it. I just don't see modern music or anything with lyrics seeming to fit BIONICLE's theme, but I guess it's just a difference of opinion. Edited by Peach 00

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

^ We need to do this. I'm going to get a microphone soon, so I'll sing and help write the lyrics.

Personally I don't think this is relevant to the discussion of the topic, but if I may say, something with lyrics just doesn't seem like it'd fit with the story. Something with plenty of classical instruments (for instance, violins, cellos, et cetera) that can make a dramatic, hard-hitting sound would fit more perfectly, in my opinion. I can see a fan-made theme song for BIONICLE being a great idea, but it depends on how you go about it. I just don't see modern music or anything with lyrics seeming to fit BIONICLE's theme, but I guess it's just a difference of opinion.
^Agreed.

WIP

well i was on a video site and found a song called Headstrong by Trapt. when i found the song someone had made a bionicle version of the song using scenes from the four bionicle movies. the person actually had the timing of the song and the scenes work together really good. and the moral of the song which i feel is to never give up and keep on going even when things seem impossible.with that moral i think that is the whole meaning of bionicle: Even when the toa nuva lost their elemental powers they did not give up, When the toa metru were branded traitors and even when they were made half-rahi/half-toa they still did not give up. And need i even mention the multiple times when the toa inika/mahri could have given up.Here are the lyricsCircling your head contemplating everything you ever saidNow I see the truth I got a doubtA different motive in your eyes and now I'm outSee you laterI see your fantasiesYou wanna make it a reality baby paved in goldSee inside, inside of our heads yeahWell now that's overI see your motives insideDecisions to hideBack off I'll take you onHeadstrong to take on anyoneI know that you are wrongHeadstrong we're HeadstrongBack off I'll take you onHeadstrong to take on anyoneI know that you are wrongThis is not where you belongI can't give everything awayI won't give everything awayConclusions manifest your first impressions got to be your very bestI see [ ] is not so rightThat's how you play I guess you get through every nightNow that's overI see your fantasiesYou wanna make it a realityPaved in goldSee inside, inside of our headsWell now that's overI see your motives insideAnd your decisions to hideBack off I'll take you onHeadstrong to take on any oneI know that you are wrongHeadstrong, we're headstrongBack off I'll take you onHeadstrong to take on anyoneI know that you are wrongAnd this is not where you belongWhere you belongI can't give everything awayThis is not where you belongI won't give everything awayI know I know all aboutI know I know all aboutI know I know all aboutI know I know all aboutYour motives insideAnd your decision to hideBack off I'll take you onHeadstrong to take on anyoneI know that you are wrongHeadstrong,we're headstrongBack off I'll take you onHeadstrong to take on anyoneI know that you are wrongAnd this is not where you belongWhere you belongThis is not where you belongI can't give everything awayThis is not where you belongI won't give everything awayWhere you belongThis is not where you belongEdit: There is a word in the lyrics that is censored on BZPower. It's censored in the song, but not very well; it's easy to make it out.So, just to be safe, I have to take the link out. -Wind-

Y'know what, you're right. I actually really think Headstrong fits the Toa. Also, I Will Not Bow by Breaking Benjamin immediately makes me think of one of two things: Bleach AMVs, and Toa kicking...donkeys. Yeah, donkeys. So just any rock song about not giving up fits Toa.Also, back in '03, during the "golden age" of my Bionicle phase, I'd hear Bring Me To Life by Evanescence on the radio all the friggin' time. As much as I really don't like Evanescence (no offense meant to anyone that does), for me, the lyrics immediately brought to mind the Toa Mata/Nuva's mission to wake Mata-Nui from his slumber, and, well, bring him to life. So, as much as I half-regret to say it, I feel like it works too.

Personally I don't think this is relevant to the discussion of the topic, but if I may say, something with lyrics just doesn't seem like it'd fit with the story. Something with plenty of classical instruments (for instance, violins, cellos, et cetera) that can make a dramatic, hard-hitting sound would fit more perfectly, in my opinion. I can see a fan-made theme song for BIONICLE being a great idea, but it depends on how you go about it. I just don't see modern music or anything with lyrics seeming to fit BIONICLE's theme, but I guess it's just a difference of opinion.
Cryoshell.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

Cryoshell.
Excuse me? I recognize the band, although I haven't heard any of their music. Being averse to modern music, I don't tend to listen to Cryoshell, Linkin Park, or any other modern bands. I'm a fan of classic rock because, simply put, it's classic and it rocks. :P Edited by Peach 00

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Cryoshell.
Excuse me? I recognize the band, although I haven't heard any of their music. Being averse to modern music, I don't tend to listen to Cryoshell, Linkin Park, or any other modern bands. I'm a fan of classic rock because, simply put, it's classic and it rocks. :P
Cryoshell is the Danish band that produced all the promotional songs for BIONICLE between 2007 and 2009 (With the exception of the song Crashed by the much more well-known band Daughtry, which was used in the Toa Mahri commercials in the U.S. in place of Cryoshell's Face Me).Their songs for BIONICLE include Creeping in my Soul (used in the Barraki animations), Face Me (used in the non-US Toa Mahri animations), Gravity Hurts (used in the Phantoka animations), Closer to the Truth (used in the Mistika animations), and Bye Bye Babylon (used during the end credits of BIONICLE: The Legend Reborn and in a music video on the BIONICLE website). The MP3 section of the BIONICLE.com downloads page has all of these but Creeping in my Soul, and the Movies page in the BIONICLE.com Fun Zone has music videos and animations using all of the songs but Creeping in my Soul and Face Me. If you watched the BIONICLE Concept Video by the ad agency ADVANCE (featured in a March 2012 news article here on BZPower), you were treated to an instrumental version of Bye Bye Babylon.In terms of non-BIONICLE music, they have released one album, and most recently they wrote the song Break Out, an excerpt of which is played during the end credits of the Hero Factory TV special "Breakout". Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I just discovered a song called magenta by Nano, VocaloidP and DevilishP. It gives off the feel of Paramore, and it fits with Bionicle quite a lot.when you feel like the world is falling inand you can’t seem to find the way back indon’t cryjust hear these words and remember againThis is just the chorus. The verses are a lot more fitting.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

• 2 weeks later...

"Hero" by the All Insane Kids has always pretty much wrapped up the concept of Bionicle for me. I mean, it's a song about heroism in the face if danger, which is the central theme of Bionicle throughout it's entire existence.

-Thisisanoriginalsignature-

Eh; these are the most year appropriate songs I can think of...2001 - Faint by Linkin Park.2002/2003 - Arise by Flyleaf.2004 - Hero by Skillet.2005 - Animal I have Become by Three Days Grace. 2006 - Let the Flames begin by Paramore.2007 - Creeping in my Soul by Cryoshell.2008 - Murky by Cryoshell.2009 - Bring 'em Down by lostprophets.2010 - Like a Boss by The Lonely Island. Count your Last Blessings by Sum 41.

~Malakyr~

Either "Judo Flip" or "Jay Electronica Exhibit A: Transformations" for 2006. I don't know about Bionicle as a whole.EDIT: Maybe some daft punk would sound good for Metru Nui...

Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I don't know about all of the years, but I Viva La Vida would work perfectly for the end of 2009, for Mata-nui."I used to rule the world,seas would rise when i gave the word. - Mata-Nui was everything to the matoran, and someone came in and took all that from him.Now in the mornings I sleep alone,Sweep the streets I used to own.""I used to roll the dice,Feel the fear in my enemies eyes,Listen as the crowd would sing,'now the old king is dead, long live the king'""One minute I held the key,the next the walls weree turned on me.- In Bara Magna, he learns that he isn't as strong as he thoughtand i dscovered that my castle stands,on pillars of salt,and pillars of sand.""I hear jerulsalem bells are ringing,roman calvary choirs are singing,Be my mirror, my sword, my sheild,my missionaries in a foriegn field."

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's never really had an "official" theme song (except maybe the score for the movies), but I've always assumed the songs like Hero, Caught in a Dream, Creeping in My Soul, and Gravity Hurts were kinda theme songs. But I have always most closely associated the "theme song" with Move Along, yeah. Of course a couple of Pink Floyd songs come to mind, though... :)

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

EDIT: Maybe some daft punk would sound good for Metru Nui...
I was thinking the same thing. The TRON: Legacy soundtrack would at least work for the 2004 storyline. It fits with the utopian, alien world of Metru Nui.Several Transformers soundtracks (for the live action movies, the Armada video game, and maybe the original cartoon movie) also seem to fit well with the Bionicle universe, as some people have pointed out. Just listen to "Menu Theme 2" from the Armada video game; it sounds like music that would play when the Toa are gaining the upper hand in a battle against a dangerous foe.Also, some of the Metroid - Other M soundtrack kind of syncs with the darker or more intense aspects of the Bionicle universe, while adding an otherworldly vibe.

2005: Monster by Skillet2006: Riot by Three Days Grace or Stand Up by Fireflight or Hero by Skillet or Frontline by Pillar2007: For Matoro's death, Bring Me to Life by Evanescence, abut for the whole year, Going under by Evanescence or Crashed by Daughtry2008: Okay Gravity Hurts was perfect, I don't think there could have been better.2009: Rebirthing by Skillet2010: Holding On by Pillar and Through the Fire and the Flames by DragonforceI have a lot of ideas for theme songs for the years.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

The Bionicle theme song should be an instrument.Henceforth, the songs used in the first three movies sum up the series. I don't remember what the song in the TLR was.
TLR didn't have any very distinctive instrumental theme. I mostly liked TLR but I felt music was one area in which it was extremely lacking. Thankfully, the LEGO Ninjago TV series has some really great musical talent (both the Asian-inspired score and the pop/rock theme tune), showing that LEGO still understands how important music is to establishing the feel of a universe.In retrospect, I can't say I like the score of the first three BIONICLE movies as a theme tune, though. Nathan Furst's music is amazing in many respects, but I can't say it feels especially suited to BIONICLE. It lacks both the tribal and mechanical/electronic components of BIONICLE's earlier music, and as such it feels like it could belong to any action/adventure movie franchise, rather than to BIONICLE in particular.

In retrospect, I can't say I like the score of the first three BIONICLE movies as a theme tune, though. Nathan Furst's music is amazing in many respects, but I can't say it feels especially suited to BIONICLE. It lacks both the tribal and mechanical/electronic components of BIONICLE's earlier music, and as such it feels like it could belong to any action/adventure movie franchise, rather than to BIONICLE in particular.
Though as far as low-budget-franchise movies go, it has a ###### good theme nonetheless.

Majhost sucks

Nathan Furst. It was epic, sweeping, and had great emotional elements too. I thought it was a very good score, and fit the Bionicle movies well. It wouldn't have worked for 2001, however, but the music in the MNOLG was great for that.In my opinion, rock music never would have fit in with Bionicle as a theme score. Maybe for a few scenes in a movie or whatnot, but Bionicle is not about cool robots and tech- its about mystery and heroism and things like that.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Nathan Furst. It was epic, sweeping, and had great emotional elements too. I thought it was a very good score, and fit the Bionicle movies well. It wouldn't have worked for 2001, however, but the music in the MNOLG was great for that.In my opinion, rock music never would have fit in with Bionicle as a theme score. Maybe for a few scenes in a movie or whatnot, but Bionicle is not about cool robots and tech- its about mystery and heroism and things like that.
I'd say BIONICLE is about both. The theme has always had both sci-fi and fantasy elements. When you think about it, "cool robots and tech" were perhaps the most consistent aspect of the story, since the secret nature of the Great Spirit Mata Nui was the driving force behind the storyline from the very beginning. Rock music isn't perfectly suited to BIONICLE, I agree, but I think the music should usually have at least a few electronic/mechanical sounds, like in most of the MNOG's fight scenes or on the BIONICLE Power Pack, offset with more mystical or tribal-inspired sounds.I feel Nathan Furst's music falls somewhat short in that regard. Its orchestral nature failed to incorporate any real sounds that you couldn't find in any fantasy adventure movie. Compare that to the music in the Ninjago TV series, which mixes very Asian-sounding melodies with occasional rock/electronic elements to fully capture the inherent anachronism of the theme.Now, the MNOG's music wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination. But it did capture a lot of the imagery that defined BIONICLE. The rock/electronica influences in the fight scenes added a lot of drama, but during the regular adventure segments the music was calmer and more melodic, evoking a real sense of adventure and mystery.