• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Best Deal You've Gotten For Lego

Lego Bionicle market price deal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Cratak

Cratak
  • Members
  • Toa

• 106 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 22 2012 - 11:05 AM

What's the best deal you've gotten with a Lego set? I bought a brand new, unopened Von Nebula on Amazon in September for $25, plus shipping.

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

#2 Offline Jinkmeister

Jinkmeister
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 919 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 22 2012 - 12:11 PM

I got Gold Leader's Y-wing for $30, including shipping, on Amazon about three weeks ago. It didn't have figures, but I didn't mind, I actually needed a ship for Jek Porkins and his astro droid that I got in the X-Wing, so I was very pleased.

#3 Offline Peach 00

Peach 00
  • Banned Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,195 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 22 2012 - 01:50 PM

$7 for Gali Mata about a year ago, without canister. Although I was trying to search for her with canister and instructions, the cheapest price for her with both was $30. She's in great condition, so I consider it a good deal, honestly, considering she was 10-years-old when I got her.
On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground
And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground
Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained
And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away
And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands
Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in
I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

#4 Offline Liopleurodon

Liopleurodon
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 619 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 22 2012 - 07:43 PM

Anything from garage sales. :PI once got a 99% complete Toy Story Trash Compactor for $2 at a garage sale (98% off since it normally sells for $50! :lol:)Other random garage sale finds: Vhisola and Ahkmou for $2 each, random Bohrok for $4 each, this set for $6 (no box but with all pieces and instructions), and this set for $8.Oh, and I also got a Ninjago Fire Temple (but minus minifigs and dragon) for $50 on eBay. :)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

#5 Offline Mad Scientist BioBeast

Mad Scientist BioBeast
  • Members
  • Toa of Light Rising

• 6,128 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 22 2012 - 08:18 PM

I got the Axalaria for twenty bucks, in perfect condition. I'd say that was the best deal I've ever gotten/ever will get.

"I'll do it...  If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

#6 Offline TahnokVa123

TahnokVa123
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 20 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 24 2012 - 08:50 PM

$3 for a Lehrak at KB toys. Considering that it came with canister and wasn't from a garage sale, I would say that that was a pretty good deal, especially at retail.

#7 Offline Zorrakh

Zorrakh
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,003 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 26 2012 - 11:52 AM

I got a Bionicle lot off of Craigslist a couple of years ago; forty-five sets for $25 ( :biggrin:). One of the sets was a complete (most of the sets were complete) Exo-Toa, which equals to $1.80 for the Exo-Toa. It can't get much better than that, and it's probably the best deal I've gotten, possibly except for the fifty-plus pounds of parts I bought over the last couple weeks. :P

Edited by Zorrakh, Mar 26 2012 - 11:53 AM.

sands_banner_small.jpg

^ A New Epic Written by my Good Friend Ballom ^

Core Hunter Revamp

#8 Offline RadicalTropicon

RadicalTropicon
  • Members
  • Toa

• 122 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 26 2012 - 01:37 PM

Well, back in the day when the Bohrok were waning, my local Wal-Mart at the time had a $2 per Bohrok sale, which I think is awesome.More recently, I bought all 6 original Toa Nuva, complete with everything, for $15.

#9 Offline T.B.O.C

T.B.O.C
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 05:30 PM

One of the large, BIONICLE parts bins from TRU for $6 each. Wasn't a marked sale, it was just there. Pretty good, to me.I also got my Axalara for $60, rather than $80, which was awesome.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
Hey look, a Brickshelf Happened: My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Multiple Victini + Mew + Arceus for trade! PM me if interested

(Looking for Genesect, Shiny Darkrai, and most Shiny legendaries!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

#10 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Great Disks Recovered

• 9,435 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 07:42 PM

I got a $50 set for $12 once because the price tag said that by mistake and the cashier was a very kind person and decided to charge me that. ^_^~B~

Posted Image

#11 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,833 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 07:49 PM

Brand new unopened Vorahk for $10, even though I bought it JUST YESTERDAY.

#12 Offline ToaofIron

ToaofIron
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 26 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2012 - 03:01 PM

I got Jaller Mahri. And I found inside...An extra Power SwordAnother Cordak BlasterNuparu's ShieldAnd Poisoned Hau NuvaINCREDIBLE!
Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

#13 Offline The Swimming Beard

The Swimming Beard
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,209 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 06 2012 - 07:50 PM

I found Emperor Palpatines Shuttle for $30 one day at walmart, while it normally sold for $60.

14429550443_81164861ed_m.jpg                                                   14283430456_547b585d15_m.jpg

BBCC 68 entry: SCM-541: The White Viper                               July flickr Contest Entry: Tyrak, Toa of Light

#14 Offline Tech Warrior

Tech Warrior
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 53 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 06:11 PM

Almost every Bionicle set I order off eBay are great deals. It's like a process: :P- I find a set/sets I begin to want/grail- I watch and watch for great deals.- I usually end up waiting at least a few months before getting it/them, and at a great deal too.That's the process for most sets I get. Here are some of the great deals I've gotten:- $15 all six Turaga, with everything (boxes, pieces, instructions, etc.)- $50 for all 6 Toa, all 6 Nuva, and all 6 Bohrok. All had pieces and canisters; only Toa Nuva had instructions.- $15 all Tohunga- $35 Bahrag (everything)- $10 Boxor (complete)And more. :P...But 2006 sets? That's another story. :P EDIT: But the best deal, I must say, is the Skopio XV-1 that was on clearance at my local Wal-Mart for $60!

Edited by Tech Warrior, Apr 08 2012 - 06:16 PM.

I AM A TOA OF SOUND. I CAN IDENTIFY DRUM N BASS BY THE VIBRATION OF THE GROUND. I CAN HEAR MAKUTA ROAR FROM MILES AWAY. I AM JUST THAT FREAKING AWESOME.

#15 Offline The Swimming Beard

The Swimming Beard
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,209 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2012 - 10:52 AM

Also, in November, I got the Bahrag, used but in great condition, for $60.

14429550443_81164861ed_m.jpg                                                   14283430456_547b585d15_m.jpg

BBCC 68 entry: SCM-541: The White Viper                               July flickr Contest Entry: Tyrak, Toa of Light

#16 Offline Ehlekdude

Ehlekdude
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 761 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2012 - 12:40 PM

About a year and a half ago, in late 2010, I got Lewa Mata, Panrahk, Tahu Nuva (with canister), Onua Nuva (with canister) and Gali Nuva for aprox. 5$ each. They were on display at a local toy store that has tons of old, overpriced Lego stuff and in good condition except Gali was missing her propellors and Onua had a slightly damaged foot.

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

#17 Offline Tommy_

Tommy_
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 40 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 27 2012 - 08:27 AM

Not a set, but all of these masks just arrived in the mail for only €4.50 (price for sending included).

Words cannot describe D:

Posted Image

I turned out to be exactly the grown-up I wanted to be.
A child - but with a credit card.

wsjf4.png

Kanohi upside down = epic beard.

We've all tried it, don't deny it.

#18 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,045 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Dec 27 2012 - 08:48 AM