Humans Vs. Zombies

Bfahome

scumbag_hvzer.pngSo has anyone else played it before, and what were your experiences?(press enter"hooray your topic has been posted"AUGH ABANDON SHIPhang on this post isn't done yet)(OKAY I think we're good now)So Humans vs. Zombies is like this giant game of tag played on college campuses and other such places. For about a week, usually, two teams (humans and zombies) run around trying to catch or avoid each other.The humans get to use Nerf guns and socks to defend themselves against the zombies. If they hit one, the zombie is stunned for ~15 minutes. If they get tagged by a zombie, they become a zombie for the rest of the game.It starts out with one or two "alpha zombies", but soon enough a bunch of humans get tagged and the zombie team steadily grows as the human team shrinks.The game ends when all the humans become zombies or all the zombies are "dead" (a zombie must tag someone every 48 hours or they "starve" and are out of the game completely).Rule variations abound, but that's the general sense of it.I've played one game so far, last semester, and this semester's game starts on Monday (oh god oh man).I kind of failed last time because I missed some of the opening meeting and I didn't know the alpha zombies would be unmarked for the first hour (humans wear yellow caution tape bands, zombies wear red caution tape bands). So I was zombified within the first hour of play and spent the remaining week chasing after people. It was embarrassing but it was oh so fun.I even joined a large group in staking out one of the dining facilities' late-night meals, and it was awesome. Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

So our game started about half an hour ago. One of the OZs is a friend of mine, and I started off right next to her. She almost got me but I hit her with a Magstrike blast.And I dropped a couple of my clips while I was running, so I went back to the meeting room to get them and survived.Already I'm doing better than I did last year, haha.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I got to play this when I was visting my sister's campus.We had over 800 people playing it, so things got intense.I did, however, make it to the top 50, thanks to my Nerf M60 and a backpackful of Under Armor socks.I think the winner held out on a balcony with a Longshot/Magstrike combo and about a bajillion rounds. :P

Edited by Darcsyde

Oh yeah this topic.So I got zombied during the first mission on Tuesday.There was another mission today that the humans won. Though I dart-swept afterward and got a bunch of good whistlers and streamlines.Had a lot of almost-kills earlier in the day, and assisted in one. Considering the closest to tagging I/we got was against two guys, one with two Swarmfires and one with a Rapid Fire 20, I'd say I make a decent zombie. Strategy is key.

Bfahome...do you go to hood college frederick md? I swear that looks exactly like one of the buildings. I tried to join up this semester but got too busy with other things

That's not a picture of me, it's just a meme. I don't know who that kid is or where he goes.

OpAXNpl.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I heard about this from my sibling's friend. Sounds EPIC. I think I could survive a while, cause once I sniped my friend with my Longshot CS-6 when he was right next to me. :biggrin:

[center][size=8][color=#000080]ACTIVATE AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!![/color][/size][/center]