• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Humans Vs. Zombies

Humans vs. Zombies zombies nerf

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Bfahome

Bfahome
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Not currently at home

• 01-February 08
  • 6,059 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Mar 22 2012 - 07:46 PM

Posted ImageSo has anyone else played it before, and what were your experiences?(press enter"hooray your topic has been posted"AUGH ABANDON SHIPhang on this post isn't done yet)(OKAY I think we're good now)So Humans vs. Zombies is like this giant game of tag played on college campuses and other such places. For about a week, usually, two teams (humans and zombies) run around trying to catch or avoid each other.The humans get to use Nerf guns and socks to defend themselves against the zombies. If they hit one, the zombie is stunned for ~15 minutes. If they get tagged by a zombie, they become a zombie for the rest of the game.It starts out with one or two "alpha zombies", but soon enough a bunch of humans get tagged and the zombie team steadily grows as the human team shrinks.The game ends when all the humans become zombies or all the zombies are "dead" (a zombie must tag someone every 48 hours or they "starve" and are out of the game completely).Rule variations abound, but that's the general sense of it.I've played one game so far, last semester, and this semester's game starts on Monday (oh god oh man).I kind of failed last time because I missed some of the opening meeting and I didn't know the alpha zombies would be unmarked for the first hour (humans wear yellow caution tape bands, zombies wear red caution tape bands). So I was zombified within the first hour of play and spent the remaining week chasing after people. It was embarrassing but it was oh so fun.I even joined a large group in staking out one of the dining facilities' late-night meals, and it was awesome.

Edited by Bfahome, Mar 22 2012 - 07:57 PM.

Oh the hero comes I can hear the drums and the horses drawn to the kingdom come through the pale moonlight
Our hearts ignite to the call
Posted Image
Claim your prize for a crown of stars in the name of love be the sacrifice you and I will stand and fight
Our backs to the wall

#2 Offline Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 28-July 08
  • 11,978 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 22 2012 - 09:22 PM

I feel like I've been subtly trolled.They did something like this up in Norfolk last Halloween night, though. 'Twas fun. I actually survived the whole way through.-Teezy

and again, pathetic confusion.

ghostie.jpg

dorian, you aint changed.

#3 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 18-April 07
  • 12,551 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 22 2012 - 09:25 PM

I prefer old-school assassin myself, actually. Just sayin'.But HVZ is really fun too, especially when you're completely surrounded and you have a one-shot nerf blaster...I managed to make it out unscathed.

#4 Offline Kumata

Kumata
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 26-April 03
  • 3,837 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 23 2012 - 05:48 AM

This sounds like an incredibly fun game. I wish they'd played that at my college!

#5 Offline Bfahome

Bfahome
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Not currently at home

• 01-February 08
  • 6,059 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Mar 26 2012 - 05:29 PM

So our game started about half an hour ago. One of the OZs is a friend of mine, and I started off right next to her. She almost got me but I hit her with a Magstrike blast.And I dropped a couple of my clips while I was running, so I went back to the meeting room to get them and survived.Already I'm doing better than I did last year, haha.

Oh the hero comes I can hear the drums and the horses drawn to the kingdom come through the pale moonlight
Posted Image
Claim your prize for a crown of stars in the name of love be the sacrifice you and I will stand and fight
Our backs to the wall

#6 Offline ShellHead

ShellHead
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 03-February 12
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 29 2012 - 05:19 PM

Bfahome...do you go to hood college frederick md? I swear that looks exactly like one of the buildings. I tried to join up this semester but got too busy with other things

Edited by ShellHead, Mar 29 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#7 Offline Darcsyde

Darcsyde
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 06-March 05
  • 2,270 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 29 2012 - 09:35 PM

I got to play this when I was visting my sister's campus.We had over 800 people playing it, so things got intense.I did, however, make it to the top 50, thanks to my Nerf M60 and a backpackful of Under Armor socks.I think the winner held out on a balcony with a Longshot/Magstrike combo and about a bajillion rounds. :P

Edited by Darcsyde, Mar 29 2012 - 09:36 PM.

#8 Offline Bfahome

Bfahome
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Not currently at home

• 01-February 08
  • 6,059 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Mar 29 2012 - 10:01 PM

Oh yeah this topic.So I got zombied during the first mission on Tuesday.There was another mission today that the humans won. Though I dart-swept afterward and got a bunch of good whistlers and streamlines.Had a lot of almost-kills earlier in the day, and assisted in one. Considering the closest to tagging I/we got was against two guys, one with two Swarmfires and one with a Rapid Fire 20, I'd say I make a decent zombie. Strategy is key.

Bfahome...do you go to hood college frederick md? I swear that looks exactly like one of the buildings. I tried to join up this semester but got too busy with other things

That's not a picture of me, it's just a meme. I don't know who that kid is or where he goes.

Posted Image
Our backs to the wall

#9 Offline Lewa97

Lewa97
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 13-April 12
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2012 - 11:03 PM

I heard about this from my sibling's friend. Sounds EPIC. I think I could survive a while, cause once I sniped my friend with my Longshot CS-6 when he was right next to me. :biggrin:

ACTIVATE AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!

#10 Offline LostNowFound

LostNowFound
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 31-October 08
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 24 2012 - 10:02 PM

Havnt played, however I might get the opportunity sometime soon.If the place wasnt 2 hours away, that would be nice.Dose sould like fun though. Need to pick out some blasters to use...Ive lots t choose from. :D

Doah!

#11 Offline Roablin

Roablin
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 26-February 09
  • 354 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 24 2012 - 10:34 PM

Man I just hope when I get to college they do things like this. I'm not there yet.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users