Of Matoran Spheres And Stasis Tubes...

On Matoran Spheres: 1. Do we know what happened to the Matoran Spheres that ended up on Mata Nui? Did the Matoran recover them? Bohrok smash them? Would I be able to find some on an Aqua Magna Scuba diving trip? 2. What happened to Dume's malfunctioning sphere? Would someone be able to recover it from Metru Nui?On stasis tubes: 1. Would these work on inhabitants of Spherus Magna? 2. Since people in said tubes are said to be in "suspended animation", would that mean that their body moves inside said tube, albeit in a predictable regular pattern? 3. These tubes suspend all life processes including thought. What would such a suspension be caused by (i.e. what is the effect of the gas on the being involved that would cause life processes to slow/stop)?

1. They were probably taken apart by the Matoran and Turaga and used for something. 2. It was probably dealt with when the Nuva returned to Metru Nui. As for what exactly happened to it, I have no idea. I don't really think it was important enough to be mentioned in the story. 1. Probably. I don't see why they wouldn't. 2. It means that they are still alive, but their life has been suspended. I think. I'd image that they move at least a bit in there, but not consciously. 3. If we knew, we would have made one by now, wouldn't we have? XPI always pictured it to be a sort of liquid. But now that I think of it, it might be a gas and whatever is in the tube would be suspended by Magnetism. (In fact, I think that the one Nuju was in in The Darkness Below was described as that)Please correct me if I'm wrong.

3. If we knew, we would have made one by now, wouldn't we have? XPI always pictured it to be a sort of liquid. But now that I think of it, it might be a gas and whatever is in the tube would be suspended by Magnetism. (In fact, I think that the one Nuju was in in The Darkness Below was described as that)Please correct me if I'm wrong.
It is confirmed as a gas.
After being subdued' date=' often through the use of Vahki before the Great Cataclysm, the subject is placed inside the tube and the tube is filled with some form of gas (a diluted version of the Kraahu stun gas is used on Metru Nui).[/quote']Also, I don't recall Nuju being in a stasis tube in The Darkness Below, rather a stasis field.

I like to imagine that those Kraata statis things were made from the Matoran Spheres, though as far as I know that's not canon. But yes, the spheres and the airships were all taken apart and used to build the Koro.Dume's sphere is probably still laying wherever it was (I forget where that is lol, but I think it was some out-of-the-way place).We've seen previously that powers work whether on protodermis or real-world materials, so yes.As for how it works, I've always seen it as a sub-power of time, similar to Bitil's mask or that guy who stole the Vahi (mind blank lol). Voporak? Anyways, basically freezing time in the area. But that might not be canon; it might also be more like cryogenics, but without the cold, so motion simply stops. The difference between the two is that with time-freezing, even the atoms stop spinning, but with the other, the atoms spin, but all other motion is stopped, as if it was frozen due to cold or just locked in place.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

As for how it works, I've always seen it as a sub-power of time, similar to Bitil's mask or that guy who stole the Vahi (mind blank lol). Voporak? Anyways, basically freezing time in the area. But that might not be canon; it might also be more like cryogenics, but without the cold, so motion simply stops. The difference between the two is that with time-freezing, even the atoms stop spinning, but with the other, the atoms spin, but all other motion is stopped, as if it was frozen due to cold or just locked in place.

If the inner layer of the tube is cracked, however, the subsequent rush of air will wake the imprisoned creature.

I really doubt that a "rush of air" is going to magically restart time.

The gas slows the life functions of the subject to such a degree that they can survive inside the tube for tens of thousands of years with no food or air.

I guess that's like cyrogenics...I should have clarified my question better. I was wondering how the slowing of life processes worked...like there was something that stopped beings' programming in there or something. And yes, it is Voporak...

Also, I don't recall Nuju being in a stasis tube in The Darkness Below, rather a stasis field.

Same concept.
Not really. A stasis field uses energy to suspend a subject in air and hold them, whereas a stasis tube uses gas to put you out and uses some unknown means of suspending you. (Magnetism?)

Also, I don't recall Nuju being in a stasis tube in The Darkness Below, rather a stasis field.

Same concept.
Not really. A stasis field uses energy to suspend a subject in air and hold them, whereas a stasis tube uses gas to put you out and uses some unknown means of suspending you. (Magnetism?)
Well, the same gas is used in stasis fields. Hence the "stasis". The only difference is that one is one is "man-made" (ish) and the other is "natural" (ish). Edited by knuckles chaotix

As for how it works, I've always seen it as a sub-power of time, similar to Bitil's mask or that guy who stole the Vahi (mind blank lol). Voporak? Anyways, basically freezing time in the area. But that might not be canon; it might also be more like cryogenics, but without the cold, so motion simply stops. The difference between the two is that with time-freezing, even the atoms stop spinning, but with the other, the atoms spin, but all other motion is stopped, as if it was frozen due to cold or just locked in place.

If the inner layer of the tube is cracked, however, the subsequent rush of air will wake the imprisoned creature.

I really doubt that a "rush of air" is going to magically restart time.
If the presence of the gas is what keeps them in this state, it makes sense that a disruption of that gas by air would reduce its effects, leading to the being awakening.~B~