Alva Christo's Downtime Mocs

christo1096

I made a bunch of MOCs when BZP was offline.

I will share all of them

:)

Abracadabra

01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Decepticon Crankcase

01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Eundur

01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Faleeon

01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Gali Mistika

01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Radium

01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Obscurum Time Paradox Version

01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Vearl

01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Tantibus V

01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Tortuga

01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Takkamega 01

01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Sanguine Noctis

01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Royal Hard Suit

01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Critics and Comments are allowed!

Edited by christo1096

These are brilliant, but unfortunately there's too many to review fully! I think my favorite is Gali. I like how you combined different aspects from all three versions of Gali and made something awesome out of one of the worst Bionicle sets ever. I don't really see anything that could be improved here, the build and color scheme are both spot-on. I also like Vearl, due in no small part to the awesome color scheme. Black, orange, and teal doesn't sound great on paper, but you made it work, and work amazingly well. One small thing, though - the legs, particularly the upper legs, look disproportionate. If that were fixed, this MOC would be nearly perfect. And Obscurum Time Paradox just looks extremely cool. That's the kind of MOC we all want to build, but so few of us have the patience and ingenuity to pull it off. :t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

These are brilliant, but unfortunately there's too many to review fully! I think my favorite is Gali. I like how you combined different aspects from all three versions of Gali and made something awesome out of one of the worst Bionicle sets ever. I don't really see anything that could be improved here, the build and color scheme are both spot-on. I also like Vearl, due in no small part to the awesome color scheme. Black, orange, and teal doesn't sound great on paper, but you made it work, and work amazingly well. One small thing, though - the legs, particularly the upper legs, look disproportionate. If that were fixed, this MOC would be nearly perfect. And Obscurum Time Paradox just looks extremely cool. That's the kind of MOC we all want to build, but so few of us have the patience and ingenuity to pull it off. :t: :b: :3:

right, :D for gali, I want to make gali on her original nuva color scheme, with modern shape.for vearl, I've do that, so you're right, his legs are look disproportionate.Obscurum is my self MOC BTW Thanks for your critics and comments bro :)

Jesu Christo, thirteen MOCs in one topic is a bit much, don't you think? Makes critique difficult, so what I will do is a blitzkritique, just zeroing in on what seems the weakest in each of these MOCs, or any improvements that could have been made (don't know if they're already cannibalized or what.)Abracadabra - This is almost too weird of a piece to comment on. The gears on the shins do nothing for me, nor do the inverted studs on the crotch. Clip on the hat could stand to be black, mouth could stand to be an actual flat 1x2 plate, and the back of the head could use some depth. Maybe some corrugated tube around the staff handle. Also, what's up with the head of that staff?Crankcase - Do you know how sad I am that this doesn't even attempt to transform? I realize though that that would be very difficult while maintaining movie aesthetic and using non-System parts. The head's the best part, hands down, looks movie style. The Bohrok legs on the thighs look pathetic; they need to be better integrated. Add some junk to the trunk, his thighs lack any bulk, and the thigh and forearm plates are too smooth for movie style, put some greeblies on them. And maybe add more fingers. And maybe add a bumper across the back of the shoulders to further indicate a vehicle mode.Eunder - The skull with the Takanuva masks is nice, very pleasing to the eye. the rest of the MOC doesn't do it justice. Legs are nothing special, and the claws on them don't seem to flow with the rest of the aesthetic, and I'm rarely a fan of tentacle spamming. I'd almost like to see this hanging down inside a rib cage of some sort of monster, using an evil skull as a heart kind of thing.Faleeon - Well, the System pieces here certainly seem like a "fale"iure, very blocky and the domes look slapped on. The head is obviously the centerpiece, and it's well done, evokes a fly or a chameleon. The rest of the MOC doesn't deliver on that, though, and goes against the head's smooth aesthetic. The tentacle legs feel far too cartoony, like a joke. It's like Eunder, really, it looks slapped together except for one really interesting part. Consider maybe reusing it on an actual fly or chameleon MOC, or modify this one to have a smoother, more-plate based design, perhaps with a black skeleton underneath.Gali - Torso seems like she's doubled over in pain. Someone broke this poor girl's back, possibly when they were giving her a monobreast. The shoulders aren't too wide for a female MOC, but giver the girl some hips, and some thighs. The big stompy shins don't say "Gali" to me. Nor do they say feet. Put some flippers on there, or some turbines or rockets or something – something serious, not those wimpy boosters on the sides of the shins. Also, while you're at it, the HF symbol on the back of her head and its connector could stand to go. They looked tacked on and don't really add anything.Radium - I'll just come out and say that I hate the look of the System plates here. You've got some fairly smooth curves in the legs and chest and head, and then you've got these sharp, angular, stud-covered intrusions into that aesthetic. Angular plates over a smooth skeleton can work. Smooth plates over an angular skeleton really can't. Also, hate the elastic covering the chest. I know they're useful at times, but it's important to tuck them out of the way, maybe near the bottom of that chest plate. Consider also giving him an actual hand and filling in some open ball sockets.Obscuruum - Let’s cut to the chase here, what's up with the Piraka spine and head sitting on the back there? Is that the actual head and the thing in front is a mask, or is it just a blob that's sitting there, because it is ugly as all get-out. The back of the front head is, too, with those little horns and the exposed axles. In either case, none of them are over where the neck should be, so it's pretty ghastly from the side view. Move the front head back and remove the Piraka bit or stretch it down so the neck join comes out of its mouth. The big gears on the sides of the arms don't seem to add anything, and the Bohrok arms don't really align with them, so they're even more obtrusive.Vearl - The teal here really lacks any integration, it just looks tacked on. At least the orange is somewhat structural. The back of the head is woefully exposed, and it could use an eye in a non-orange color to provide contrast there. The teal L plates on the shoulder ruin any visual cohesion they could have, and the plates on the sides of the shins are an eyesore. They don't even run the length of the shin; they just jut out back there. Maybe keep the shoulders, head, and torso, add some more panelling and try again?Tantabus V - This is nifty. I hate the Hau there, though, I wish it had a proper, smooth, cockpit-esque piece there instead that wasn't so stub-nosed – something that would line up with the tip of the throwbot foot in front. The undercarriage is a mess, so I wouldn't suggest showing it off when on display; too much black down there especially. Biggest gripe is the 2x2 round plates near the read ends of the blue panels. They don't seem to add anything; they're a visual detractor from the smooth inner surfaces. I gather they fill a hole, but consider filling it with a 2x2 round dish on each side flush against it with a short segment of tube to hold them together.Tortuga - Again, I like this. The 2x2 round transparent floater on the top could stand to be on the bottom, though, as this MOC strikes me a lot more as a submersible ROV than a space ship. On the whole, it's a solid piece, my main gripe are those big wings on the back. The launcher arms don't line up with the top edge of the panels, and that really disturbs the flow they have. Also, the exposed pins are nobody's friends.Takkamega 01 - I'm not a fan of gear spam, especially where it prevents your limbs from having any articulation. The backpack and gun are pretty good on greebling, as is the head, but I'd try those legs again, give them some range of motion beyond the hip, maybe integrating the gears into an actual joint instead of impeding one. Oh, and I'd stick to a single dark grey shade here if at all able, and if not, than with another colour entirely.Sanguine Noctis - I'm not sure what the weapon thing here is, but I have no confidence in the ability of those hands to grasp it. Forearms suffer from blocky system; upper arms suffer from skeletal technic and gaping holes in the tops of the shoulders. HF head is woefully small behind that KK helmet, seems a mistake to use it here at all. The shoulder octagons really want another pair of red Bohrok eyes, three more pairs if possible – with black friction pins. The feet certainly seem good and big, could use a better transition between the cylinders and the sides of the roborider heads. Some System slopes, maybe. Legs remind me too much of Makuta - kneeless arcs with nothing to recommend them. Consider putting pistons in the open sockets at the backs of the thighs to provide some extra detail and support. Consider also dropping the flat plates on the back, the diamond configuration o those liftarms, and the hunchback. Give it some actual trapezius and latissimus dorsi muscle forms.Royal Hard Suit - I think I need a KK set with one of those helmets, because I hate having to cheat to make a connection with a KK visor. Love the basic idea; enjoy seeing mobile suits for these figures. Wish both his control tubes were black, to give actual contrast with the rest of the MOC. The drill arm suffers again from blocky System use, while the other forearm is very flat, really needs more bulk – especially where it's carrying that sword. Legs are nothing special, fronts of the feet are interesting, but the liftarms on the backs of them are way too blocky. The back pack arms could use some rocket boosters on the ends or something; make them a bit more practical. Turbines on the sides of the hips don't make any sense to me, and the back is too flat – could use some plating back there to give some textural contrast.There, 1500 words. That’s too much writing to have to do for one topic.

• Upvote 1
bannerelzy.jpg

WHOA! There are so many Mocs here, and all are awesometacular!! I love every one of them! Especially Crankcase! That dude rocks, man! Brilliantly designed, and I love even more that you added some HF parts to him. I kind of miss the dreads though :) Excellent work!

nytronepic2_copy.png

Oh my gosh! Gali Mistika has a massive gun thing (sniper?)! The revamp of her is actually really good. I like how you gave her a hook like from her Mata form. All of the Mocs are great. I don't really have any complaints or anything. Also, could you post building instructions of Radium's head? Toa Moo (soon to be Radioactive Moo)

toanuvapohatu.png

@ Elzy : Thank you so much for the review, critics and comments! I've fix some problems there, some MOCs are very "weak", once again, thanks bro!@ Teal Armada : Glad you like it! I'm gonna change it, any ideas?@ Aedai Rivin : Comical model, his legs, head, and other parts. Thanks!@ Nytrone : Not very accurate , though, but I think that's ok. Glad you like it :)@ Radioactive Moo : Gun thing, to replace her launcher. I will post the instructions of Radium's head soon. Thanks!

Well, because you've posted 12 billion awesome mocs here, I'm just going to say that I love your building style. Some standouts to me are Gali Mistika, Obscurum Time Paradox Version, and Sanguine Noctis. I found all of these on Brickshelf, and they all look very cool. Gali looks feminine and very much like herself, (more so than any official model did) and the rings on Sanguine Noctis' shoulders look really cool. All vehicles look great, and Abracadabra conveys a crazy alchemist/sorcerer very nicely. Crankcase looks very true to the movie. Great job on all of them!

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

Well, because you've posted 12 billion awesome mocs here, I'm just going to say that I love your building style. Some standouts to me are Gali Mistika, Obscurum Time Paradox Version, and Sanguine Noctis. I found all of these on Brickshelf, and they all look very cool. Gali looks feminine and very much like herself, (more so than any official model did) and the rings on Sanguine Noctis' shoulders look really cool. All vehicles look great, and Abracadabra conveys a crazy alchemist/sorcerer very nicely. Crankcase looks very true to the movie. Great job on all of them!

Thanks bro, glad you like it :)Gali's legs are based of a robot, so the legs are bulky and not looks like a natural legs.