World Record Lego Mosaic Attempt

The folks over at LEGO Show in Manchester, UK are going to attempt to break the world record for largest Lego Mosaic. Their mosaic, which will depict various LEGO Sports minifigures, will have an area of 143 square meters and will contain approximately 550,000 LEGO bricks. But in order to break the record, they're going to need help from the public, who can build mosaic squares to be added to the overall project. So if you're in the area, you should certainly check it out. The event is scheduled for May 5-7, 2012 at the Manchester Trafford Center. You can get more information about the event <a href='http://www.thelegoshow.com/_blog/Lego_Show/post/World_Record_mosaic_attempt/' target='offsite'>here.</a>

View the full article

Five hundred and fifty thousand bricks? This is getting to the point of utter ridiculousness.I can't wait to see what the final product looks like. I remember seeing a picture of some LEGO Star Wars mosaic that looked incredible from what I believe was a balcony.Unlike other records, I think this one will keep getting broken as long as LEGO bricks are in existence.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg