The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

-==IC: Kairan==-"We could take turns guarding each other." Kairan suggested, with a slight shrug."Other than that, I'm not sure exactly where we should go... With our luck, we might stumble into a cave that has Suicavel and have him attack... Again..." However, at Irriane's yelling, he blinked, and turned his head to Irriane."Irriane, would you stop ye-" Kairan started to say, and then noticed the new guy, and raised an eyebrow."What do you know. She was right." Kairan mused, as he started to walk over toward the newcomer."Hello over there!" Kairan called over to the new arrival.

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

IC: Irriane / Parched Wastes Irriane looked at the newcomer quizzically. "I'm a mirage?" she asked, slumping over. "Huh... I wonder what that means. I've never been different than other toa. Maybe we're all mirages." "It's a big happy mirage party!" she shouted out. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Telmerk laughed, then started coughing. "I guess you're not a mirage then," he said. "No mirage would admit to being a mirage. So, if we're both real Toa, do you have any water. I'm dying here. And I have a feeling I'll be saying that a lot." He smiled, again.

Solaris: Electric Sentinel: Fluidic Master Nuva. It's... ALL ADJECTIVES!

IC: Irriane / Parched Wastes Irriane shrugged, and pointed to Kairan. "He knows things. I don't know things. I don't do water. I burn stuff. Then heal stuff. Like burns. And he talks a lot more than I do." -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Amalia: Parched Wastes: Amalia screamed. Her chance at killing this Patronage was over, but not the new one. Amalia lifted Vertan in the air, and flung him to the ground. IC: Orssa: Parched Wastes: " If you need water, none of us really have it, unless you are suggesting going to the ruins?" Orssa told Telmerk.

Edited by Rakata

IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: Primarily as a way to show that she was still around and not dead due to her player's absence, Nostala was busy ignoring the conversation and observing the area for anything useful -- particularly something that might point them in the direction of water, as that was the group's biggest concern. She stared at the ground, raising an eyebrow. "Be right back," she called, using her mask to transform into a coyote-like Rahi and running eastward.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: The sand screamers were supposed to throw the bolts off track. But oh well. Nicely done, Greel. Though, how did Amalia not pay any attention to the fact that her back is being snapped in half (or at least the sand screamers are trying to break it)?

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes\IC: The sand tarakava was dead, but Felix's claw still caught the head and tore it off. Of course, he didn't realize that it had been broken only moments before then. Thus, the muaka grabbed the body (with the head) from Amalia's clutches and tried to escape with it before either the skakdi or toa could take it. Trian, exhausted and also believing they had won, collapsed on her steed's back.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

OOC: @ ToD: Thanks. :) IC: Parched Wastes Rocky looked hungrily at Telmerk, and moved into pounce position to tackle the newcomer. However, a tug from his makeshift reins told him to stop. The master obviously didn't want this one dead. He instead lowered himself to the ground, somewhat upset. Greel looked at the Toa - definately a new one here. Water and other resources were on his mind, and they probably weren't a bad thing to be looking for now. Turning, he looked at the spanning desert. There was water out there somewhere, he knew it. ''I'll be back, too.'' Greel said, directing his pet towards the dunes to his right. He wasn't worrid about getting lost from the others; he could simply use Rocky to track them down. IC: Parched Wastes ''Hey, wait! I'm not done with you!'' Vertan yelled as Trian and Felix tried to escape. He began to pursue them, but noticed something on the ground - that Toa of Stone's weapon. Being dead, Kuy'saz'ra would've dropped it, and now the Skakdi snatched it. Then he blasted force bolts at the head in Felix's mouth, succeeding in knocking the mask off. He dove for it, grabbing it in his claws. True, he couldn't used its power, but it would make a great decoration on his armor to display his triumph over his enemy.

IC: "Well," Telmerk said, standing. "I guess I can go without a drink for a little while longer." He looked around. "What things does he know? How to get off this hole of an island? Or where I can get a drink? Or how about the layout of this place?" The Toa of Electricity looked around. "Or what enemies are here?"

Felix/Parched Wastes\IC: Felix whipped around, swatting the mask back out of Vertan's hands. He snatched it between his teeth then made a beeline for anywhere but here. Of course, he stumbled one or twice, giving the opportunity for the skakdi to attack. However, he would be out of sight in only moments. OOC: If you really want it, feel free to knock it out of his jaws, which can't have the tightest grip at the moment.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC: Parched Wastes Immediately after the Muaka took the mask, Vertan shot his eyebeams at him, freeing the Kanohi from his teeth. He leapt at his prize and grabbed it, and held it firmly in his claw. ''Go ahead, cat. Run away, take the body, then. I have more than proved that I am mightier than the strongest Toa!'' Vertan took off, running farther into the Wastes.

IC (Parched Wastes - Starkad): Stupid, stupid. Why go to the desert? Where the dusty sand hissed and spat at you before whispering away in the wind? Where there was nary a drop of water to drink? Because nothing would willingly live here, of course. Starkad was a being of steel and flesh - he did not need to drink much for long, nor did he need to hunt and eat. These... Shepherds could play their game. Starkad would stay out of it. Or so the Toa thought. Sitting on a dune, he was... marginally surprised to see a Skakdi appear over the horizon, and less than pleased to see the lout waving a Mask around like it was a little toy. A Great Mask was a Toa's identity, his face. Even in these times, when so many had fallen to petty greed and cruelty, it was still an icon, a symbol. And he would not see it get sullied by some Skakdi's filthy hands. Starkad rose, materializing an ice spear and shield in his hands. The crystalline weapons formed, immediately thrumming with power beyond its base materials, power that would allow it to sustain itself in combat. OOC: That's you, Greel. :)

IC: Irriane / Parched Wastes Irriane shrugged. "Everyone else." she said. It was, truly, the most accurate thing she could have. Displaying insight out of character to what she had just been doing - more like during the bridge negotiation - she said, "The dome that surrounds the island is impenetrable to standard attack forms, perhaps even ones we haven't been capable of attaining. Unless we find an unknown way out, we're trapped here." She then smiled, and reverting back, said, "But at least we're all together! And it's night time! So we can count grains of dust." She looked down then, apparently counting the little grains of sand below them. IC: Levacius / Eastern Sea (120 Bio off the coast) Levacius squinted. He saw, just on the coastline, what appeared to be a Muaka running. On its back was a Vortixx, lying exhausted. He could also see Rahi... lots of Rahi. And also another figure that was further away, and he couldn't make out the image of. Whoever they were, they appeared to be fighting Sand Screamers. Disgusting things. Dropping anchor, he decided to watch how this combat played out. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Parched Wastes Vertan dashed through the Wastes, holding his prizes up high; a Kanohi and some sort of metal broom-thing. He had never expected to claim so much in the time he was here - a new trophy, a new weapon, and a victory over perhaps the strongest Toa on the island... well maybe two. He wasn't so sure about that Lightning Toa. Toa, he spat the title in his head. So proud and believing they are above everyone. They, who think they can escape any kind of situation - be the victors of the day. But I will show them the errors of their ways - no Toa will leave my presence triumphant, unharmed, or not corrected. The Skakdi smirked, attaching the Mask of Slowness to his left shoulder armor. He was happy, and those others would be dealt with at some later time. Although, the fate of that Toa of Lightning stilled nagged at him. Perhaps it would be best to check Ashring for his remains... or tracks. Too occupied with his thoughts, Vertan was oblivious to the presence of Starkad... IC: Parched Wastes Greel and Rocky moved through the sands and dunes of the desert. Sand grains flew around in the air as the wind picked up, obscuring visibility somewhat. Though after passing over several dunes and through the winds, Greel thought he saw a several buildings, a good distance away. The Rock Lion dashed forward, bringing the sight more into view. Ruins - was there water in them, perhaps? Maybe even some supplies. This information had to be brought back to the group immediately. Turning back, Rocky ran back in the direction of the others with Greel.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC (PW): Didn't even take notice of his surroundings. Stupid. Starkad clearly stood out from the sand. He hefted the spear, reversing his grip on it. It changed shape minutely, until it more resembled a javelin, built more for throwing than stabbing, and took careful aim. The Toa threw. The javelin streaked through the air.

Edited by Undying Light of the Lake

IC: Parched Wastes Vertan turned back, heading in the direction of Ashring. He would make sure that Toa was dead, and see if the cache he stole survived. The sound of something being planted into sand reached his audio receptors. Whirling, he saw a javelin of ice, its blades stuck in the sand. His eyes shifted up, and caught the being in sight. A white-armored individual, hefting what looked like an ice shield... ''Toa!'' Vertan roared into the air. His colors marked his as a wielder of Ice, even if his tools had revealed that. Ice, cold. Two things to which the Fire Skakdi was weak against, direct opposition to the flames he commanded. This Toa was definately a dangerous foe. Vertan's eyes lit up, and twin beams of power lanced from them, shattering the ice javelin into crystalline dust. They flared again, glaring directly at Starkad, and shot out.

Felix/Parched Wastes, En Route to Eastern Ashring\IC: Starkad would also notice a muaka with a vortixx upon its back streak by him. Trying to dodge the toa, Felix tripped, rolled for a few bio, and got up again, darting off towards the east. He had likely knocked into the toa, unwittingly throwing him out of harm's way.

OOC: Note to self. Ashring surrounds the shore of the Parched Wastes... My minds been addled. IC: Levacius / Eastern Sea "Better now than never..." thought Levacius, now wearing the jetpack."Here goes nothing." he muttered, launching off to see how well it would work. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Jontan and Rastaque/Parched Wastes, Attacking Greel and Rocky\IC: The sands spoke of nearby slaves. A rahi, likely with a rider, and then a group that these were speeding towards. Jontan, deciding that he should keep the reunion from happen, reached out with his power and caused a thick wall of sand to suddenly shoot up in front of the two. This was likely going to hurt. Rastaque, noticing that Jontan was walking away - likely towards nearby prey - got up and followed. He figured that enough of his energy would be back to make a few shots. As he walked to the top of a dune, he saw a wall of sand fly up, likely to block the prey. Smiling the toa of air took aim and tossed a handful of needles which would make a fan.

IC: Telmerk blinked at disbelief at this person. But, since it was the only real thing to do, he looked down and began counting. And thinking. He had a friend some time back named Solaris who was as crazy as this Toa, but he disappeared some time ago. He probably wasn't on this island. Probably in hiding somewhere.At about 7893 grains of dust he began to feel sleepy. So, he knelt down and shut his eyes."G'night... hm, I never learned you name," he said, just beginning to drift off.

-==IC: Kairan==- Kairan simply raised an eyebrow when Irriane had said he knew everything, but didn't comment."I'm Kairan." The Toa of Lightning said, as he scanned the surrounding, pretty much taking first watch, as he noticed Rocky had disappeared.But where did he go...?

OOC: So does the jetpack just work, or does it have a power source apparent, or what? Perhaps you could clarify that. Also things like, is it easily controlled, or is it hard to control like a Kadin. IC: Irriane / Parched Wastes "Well I'm Irriane!" said Irriane. She looked over at Kairan, and a look of seriousness spread out across her mask. "So why are we here?" she asked, dead serious. "And why are we concerned about water? We're all of fifty Bio off from the largest waterfall ever. You've battled this Suicavel person twice just to get over here, and now you're stressing over how you'll survive here. It's pretty sad." She smiled, and looked over at the newcomer. "Would you like to know how to cook Rock Rat?" she asked. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: "Well, I've never had Rock Rat before," Telmerk said, slowly. "I guess the knowledge would come in handy the next time..." He paused. Judging by how many people got off this island, there wasn't going to be a next time he was stranded on an island in a sick survival contest. "Sure, you just go ahead there."

Edited by Solaris: Toa of Insanity

IC: Orssa: Parched Wastes: "I'm Orssa, a mistake to all makuta. Who are you and why come to us?" Orssa asked Telmerk, obviously not listening to the earlier conversation. IC: Lijsk: Haven Cove: Although it took some time, Lijsk made it. He was anxious to kill that shadow being, whoever it was. He crept cautiously around the hill, seeing the mass over dose of Caretakers.

IC: Irriane / Parched Wastes "Well..." she began. "First, you find a Rock Rat. Or Stone Rat. They call them Rock Rats where I come from. Except the Po-Matoran. They call them Stone Rats. You usually don't find one, though. They like swarming. So we didn't use a single Rock Rat. We found a couple hundred, then we put them in a giant pot and cooked them. Stringy, but tasty all the same..." This time the explanation, whilst longer, was much less irritating and bizarre than the one she had used before. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC Klax - Parched Wastes - Talking to Telmerk: "I don't think we should waste our time searching for them, there are plenty of Rahi above ground and willing to kill us to worry about 'finding'. I could make us a shelter of metal by that waterfall, but by sunrise, or whatever you call it here, we'd have to get out of the shelter, since it would turn into an oven," the Toa of iron said. -Klax

-==IC: Kairan/Parched Waste==-"I think there are some down there." Kairan said, as he pointed to the chasm, not really wanting the whole 'Rock Rat' conversation to go on much longer, as it was straining his concentration, as he continued to look around, and make sure nothing attempted to ambush them before they could find a base.

IC: "So lets... hunt, huh," Telmerk said, smiling weakly, not too pleased with the fact that he was going to eat Rock Rats.Food is food, and you need some right now, he reminded himself. Even if its is more disgusting than Karzahni's feet.

IC: Parched Wastes Vertan felt something moving on his left shoulder. He looked down to see his Kanohi quivering. Growling, he put it back into place on his armor. ''Who dares?'' the red Skakdi asked, glancing back at Starkad. ''Is it you, Toa?'' he said as he prepared a charging force bolt. IC: Parched Wastes Fortunately for Greel and Rocky, they had seen the sand forming before them, and came to a skidding stop. Rocky's head hit the wall just enough to get him angry, causing his mane to burst into white-hot flames. Greel moved back a little as a sand was either incinerated or transformed to glass. He held out his hand, about to destroy the wall. Then a sharp, painful sensation appeared in his shoulder, arm, and side. This seemed to affect his pet too, who was angrier. A small smile formed on Greel's face. Someone was attacking, and judging by the sand formation, they obviously controlled the stuff. He would fight whoever was around, but if it could control the sand - and the surroundings as well since it was all sand - he better get help. Under his telekinetic powers, a section of the wall crumbled, big enough for Rocky to dash through. His group was just ahead. In fact, he was sure he could see them, and Rocky's brilliant mane would definately alert the rest of their presence, as a light that bright and close would catch his attention in the dark.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Irriane / Parched Wastes Irriane perked up, turning around and letting loose a blinding burst of fire that dazed the others. When their eyesight returned, they saw that there was, indeed, a rock rat lying scorched on the ground. Or stone rat. They were the same. She frowned. "Forgot to put it in water." she said. Turning, she said, "Ooh! Bonfire!" and began running in that direction. She was, of course, running towards Greel and Rock in the distance. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: These are supposed to be needles that stab into you and hurt, not just "prickle". =/

Jontan and Rastaque/Parched Wastes, Attacking Greel\IC: As he turned, Greel found more needles flying towards his face and torso. Two pillars of sand appeared on either side of him, attempting to crush him between them. On top of this, he felt his emotions and energy begin to drain. The sand wall only a short distance from him repaired itself with the desert and grew rapidly in length and thickness, quickly making it less likely that the group would reach their friend.

-==IC: Kairan/Parched Wastes==- Kairan looked up, and frowned as he saw Rocky's flaming mane running towards them.Shouldn't he be going for stealth? Unless... Kairan thought, and stood up, as he drew his sword, lightning crackling around the blade."Let's go."

IC - Wile E. Coyote - Parched Wastes: As Rastaque was busy launching needles at Greel and Rocky, he most likely did not notice the coyote-like Rahi making its way towards him from behind -- at least until it leaped towards him, managing to gain an unusual amount of distance from its jump, fangs bared...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~