The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

OOC: I think the Avsa only drains one at a time. IC: Irriane / Parched Wastes Irriane came over a large dune, and saw that an odd sand creature and some green person were both standing below. Seeing the needles, she waved her hand, causing the flames on Rockys mane to whip over and incinerate the lot. Turning to both attacking figures, she began hurling small bolts of fire. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Telmerk looked at the battle below, and drew his copper dagger. The edge wasn't sharp enough to his liking, so he pulled out a whetstone and began sharpening. Once he was done, energy lanced up the blade.Telmerk turned to Irriane and asked, "Which one are we aiming for?"

Solaris: Electric Sentinel: Fluidic Master Nuva. It's... ALL ADJECTIVES!

-==IC: Kairan==- "Both; since they're attacking our allies." Kairan stated, as he gripped his sword, moving faster toward the battle. Kairan then noticed someone who wasn't on their side or the needle thrower.Who's he? Kairan thought with slightly narrowed eyes, as he had a bad feeling about this,but held his sword to the side, as lightning energy gathered around the blade.

IC: Levacius / Ashring Well, without a doubt, the jetpack... pack... worked. It was, of course, faster than he had expected. Though he usually expected these things to be slow. Landing on ashring, he began walking around. Taking off again, he began flying in the direction of the Parched Wastes. Time to test it in combat... -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

"Whgh-" Without warning, Starkad was bowled over by the tiger, sent skidding across the sand. He swore furiously as he forced himself up. "Bloody heart o' Makuta, what do you think you're doing!?" He snarled, forming a sword to go with his shield. It, too, was similarly reinforced.

IC: Plagia Plagia was one of the first to see it. The two massive pillars of sand descending on Greel and Rocky. There was no way they could survive that, and all of them were too far away. Why does it always have to be me?, she thought sadly. She reached over and snatched Rynekk's Calix, before running towards Greel, shouting, 'Sorry brother.' She placed it over her Hau, feeling it's power seep into her. She kept running, using the mask to make her faster than the approaching pillars. She leaped up behind Greel, simultaneously switching her Kanohi and activating her Hau, creating a barrier between them and the approaching pillars. Normally, she would have made a rye, witty response, but right now she was focusing all her energy on keeping the shields up. OOC: Happy to edit this if need be. -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Parched WastesVertan's hands shot up to his neck as he felt it being strangled. Did this Toa wear a Mask of Telekinesis? His mask didn't seem to be glowing.Thrashing around, the Skakdi fired his eyebeams at full power at Starkad, and kept them constant. He contined to try and twist his neck, causing his head and impact vision to turn in different directions. And although he didn't notice at first, Vertan's beams were heading right toward Amalia.OOC: @ ToD: Previous post edited. But you'll also have to consider that the needles would have to penetrate through his clothes and his armor. His armor alone should be able to deflect most of them anyway.IC: Parched WastesMore sharp pains, though most of the damage prevented by metal plating. Greel began to feel weak, and say the pillars coming... only to be transformed to solid glass columns by Rocky's mane, and also began to melt. ''Thanks for the help,'' said the weakening Greel to Plagia, still woth that slight smile. ''Now we have another problem.'' he pointed to the forming sand walls, which we blasted outward with his telekinesis at sections of it.

IC: As Starkad scrambled to his feet, he saw the Skakdi's eyes flash. Always a sign of something nasty from them. Was it some sort of mental blast? If so, then his defensive options were painfully limited. Regardless, he lifted his shield anyways, feeling a pair of dull, blunted thud-thuds smacking against the bulwark - followed by several more. The shield would hold. Holding his weapon at the ready, Starkad turtled behind his shield, dashing at the Skakdi.

Edited by Undying Light of the Lake

IC: Levacius / Parched Wastes "Perfect..." thought Levacius. By mere chance, it so happened what his first thing to come across was the Skakdi from the cache fighting a toa of ice. He shrugged. He had been forced to run away before to make sure the cache was safe. This time, however, he was coming down as a combatant. As he could see Vertan before Vertan could see him, it was only Starkad who saw him land behind the skakdi, lightning channeling through his hands. As Vertan released his eye beams, so to did Levacius release two beams of lightning. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Next time, I'd like to write my own stuff shattering. It's specifically reinforced by his own mask power to be better than a chunk of ice. IC: Starkad, sensing the cracks in his shield, dropped and rolled the moment before it shattered, hurling what remained of the normal chunk of ice at the Skakdi's feet, releasing his control over it. With his other hand, he was already forming another buckler on his forearm. Less rounded and more angular in shape, Starkad stopped his rolling as he stuck the shield in the sand, reinforcing it with his mask, turning it into a barrier against the Skakdi's force blasts.

OOC: @ Undying Light of the Lake: Sorry, I wasn't aware the shield was under the power of his mask. IC: Parched WastesAs Vertan kept twisting his head around to free himself, his eyebeams came around to Levacius. At that time he caught a glimpse - just a tiny glance of his former adversary, and so did his impact vision...The red-armored Skakdi was thrown back by the two lightning bolts, breaking the ice at his feet and flying through the air, and also freed of Amalia's telekinetic strangle.If he wasn't too dazed at the moment, foul words would be escaping Vertan's mouth, cursing that Toa who survived...

IC: Amalia and Orssa: Parched Wastes: Amalia saw the laser beam headed straight towards her, she deactivated her Kadin, and rolled softly to the ground. She could still see Vertan, and swung at his body. Orssa on the other hand, got over the dune and saw the others being attacked. He brought out his broadsword, and released a maelstrom of shadow energy at Rastaque.

IC: Levacius / Parched Wastes Levacius turned to the side, and the impact vision bolt went past him. (In a way similar to Tahnok-Kal on Mata-Nui), He raised his hand and directed electricity to surround Vertan in a field of electricity, to keep him right where he was. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Amalia: Parched Wastes: Amalia growled at the sight of Levacius. She got up on her feet, and took out her staff. Maybe a couple shots could take the Toa out. She aimed and fired her Rhotuka at Levacius and told telepathically,'Stop what you are doing, you don't want to do it. Go back where you came from.' she said, using her inner mind control power.

IC: Rynekk Rynekk stumbled forward blindly. With his mask gone, he could feel his power seeping away. He would have to have a serious talk with Plagia once this was over. Assuming they were both alive after this. He drew his sword, charging towards the massive sandstorm, with his friends inside, honestly, without a real plan. -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Parched Wastes Vertan slowly got back to his feet, now completely over the stunning effect. The sight of an electrical force field did not make him very happy, nor did seeing Levacius alive. He fired his eyebeams at the cage, and even a few force bolts, but nothing seemed to penetrate it. ''You - Toa of Lightning. You saved my life with those electrical blasts, and thus I should thank you.'' the Skakdi said. ''However, being a highly destructive entity of power,'' Vertan boasted, ''you should know that I'd like nothing more than to toss you into the lava that courses through Ashring. And you should also know that this little trap won't hold me for long.'' Vertan pointed to Kuy'saz'ra's Kanohi and gestured to his batte-broom. ''You see these? I defeated the most strongest Toa on this island, and took his possessions from his dead body. Therefore, no weak, little Toa of Sparks can contain me - or kill me.'' Then, noticing the jet pack Levacius wore, he said, ''Ah, that's new equipment. Didn't have it with you before, so did you get it from my cache?'' Vertan's hand began to glow, a force bolt charging within it. It probably wasn't very useful here, but the more power he gave it, perhaps it could do some damage to something.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Levacius / Parched Wastse Levacius was not mentally shielded, but he had been alive for tens of thousands of years, and killed off countless toa of psionics or with a mask of mind control. Her greatest mistake was opening up to such a powerful mind - far stronger than Sledge, despite all of his determination. A normal toa cannot use psionics, but when one is using telepathy, they are opening themselves up for a little something special. Levacius grinned, and through his mind raced hundreds of the dead he had seen, and multiple toa of psionics amongst them - at least one was an entity Amalia knew at some point, no doubt. The shocking psychic feedback would be stunning. Then, looking back at the Skakdi, he said, "Foolish Skakdi. I was a killer before Spiriah even messed with your species. A pathetic race turning into a killing machine. But not a perfect one. The toa is the perfect killing machine." He laughed. "And what of Team Patronage? They are of no consequence. If I had wanted to kill Patronage, I would have pursued Laelius when the Shepherds put him up on the screen. But I don't play the Shepherds games, little Skakdi. My goal is the big picture - escape from the island. You see, I already know the Shepherds plan. I watched their ship leave. This trinket here is a work of great engineering, but it is merely a means to an end. So is every cache." He stopped, and looked around. "A toa of ice... a skakdi with a chip on his shoulder... and a toa of psionics? Ooh, the last one is the one that makes me laugh the most. Psionics aren't just controlling another, it's using your own mind. That's why you're mentally shielded, because your minds are trained. But even non-psionicists can become trained to best you; even those not trained can develop their own techniques. Learn that one." His mind flashed with the images of dozens of white flags at his will; the general of an army, an enemy pirate captain. What was shown accepting their surrender was him, though not him as now. His armor was that of a lord, and not damaged by battle. His weapons were fine, not like the rusty ones he now had. Likely taken from him by the Shepherds. He turned back to Vertann. "If your words are truth, and your Piraka of a race rarely speaks with ones as such, then you realize you're only heightening my desire to put you out of your misery by claiming kill Patronage? After all, you do realize what that makes you, right?" Breaking the wall of speech, Levacius waved his hand to increase the power in Vertanns cage. Small bolts of lightning started streaking out at him. "Seal it off." he said to the toa of ice. Then, looking over to Amalia again, he said, "So, are you going to accept my offer to surrender?" he asked. Lightning went through his hand. "Or not?" -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Amalia: Parched Wastes: Unbeknownst to Levacius, Amalia has seen this kind of dead before. It was very common for her, down at the southern islands to see this carnage of bodies. It didn't sway her at all. "And by surrender, you mean allies? Unless you are that condesending kind of person....um... Levacius, is it?" Amalia said, knowing Levacius' name by searching his memory. She, in return, brought her own images of death and dispair. She wacked Vertan to the ground telekinetically.

IC: Parched Wastes Vertan tried despartely to avoid being shocked by the lightning bolts, which was even harder to do while confined in a small space by electricity. ''What - now you start speaking in riddles? What's this 'Team Patronage' you mumble about, Toa?'' Vertan said, dodging a blast that would likely daze him. ''Also,'' the Skakdi said, ''watch what you say about my kind. We are far more powerful than yours. Sure not many of us can use Kanohi, or tap into our Elements as easy as you all. But we have far superior strength, toughness, and lack of morals... and our own unique powers and eyebeams. Together, the Skakdi could dominate all Toa.'' Pausing, Vertan checked his force bolt. No, not quite ready. ''And, I've never seen a Toa brag so much as you - or such a show off.'' Before being smacked by Amalia, he said, ''Calling me little, too? Believe me, I am much bigger, stronger, and ready to tear you in half.'' Falling to the ground and getting hit in the leg by a small bolt, Vertan growled at Amalia, and continued to dodge blasts. She would die soon if she kept this up.

IC: Parched Wastes The mask detatched... only to be grabbed by Vertan before it could be destroyed by the lightning field. He placed it back onto his armor, and strapped it down more tightly. Had Amalia been the one who tried to take it before? Same force to take it, same move to do it. It was definately her. ''Why so interested in my mask, Toa of Thoughts? It's mine now.'' Vertan said as he moved out of the way of a bolt. That had been her last chance. He had almost lost his trophy... and she was becoming a bigger nuisance. OOC: Possibly my last post for today.

IC: Parched WastesThe images thrust into his head didn't effect Vertan. Being a warrior - and a highly destructive one at that - he had seen his fair share of sights like these.Amalia was only encouraging him to kill her, especially with that giggling she mocked him with.OOC: Yeah, last post now.

OOC: Amalia may/may not (your choice) recognize the name. Levacius was (Bio) a warrior who rose to power in the Northern Continent over a large area of land. The Makuta didn't like it, so they tried to kill him. He stopped their Rahkshi, they sent more. His fortress was destroyed and his forces scattered - though it was rigged to explode, and destroyed a massive number of the creatures - and he was never heard or seen from again until his corpse washed up all the way down in the Southern Continent. IC: Levacius / Parched Wastes "Perhaps," said Levacius. "Though do not ask me to stand down again." As Amalia searched his memories, she found that he was purposefully keeping most of it locked away, though the surface thoughts were apparent. He moved closer to Vertan. "You seem to think being a toa makes you a moral person. Am I evil? No. But I will do anything I must to ensure that I survive. The difference between you and me is small, and that's that you kill for no reason, and I kill for a reason - good reason or not, it's one that benefits me. The point is, you have never seen a true battle, have you? On Zakaz it's skirmishes of mighty Skakdi riding Tahtorahk." "Perhaps it's those disgusting parasites on your spines. Or just the disgusting spines. But you lack one thing - the discipline to fight in formation. Which is why your race will never leave Zakaz to conquer. Just watch your own island! You kill instead of conquer. As a marquis, I did not lead my troops into battle simply to kill. We negotiated if possible. We took in new lands. We killed warriors, not citizens. Of course, it doesn't help you have nothing but warriors in your race. Likely going to kill each other off." "You mistake me for cocky. You would be wrong. I am merely experienced. And I know that I'm the best. If I doubted myself, you would be dead, because I would have something to prove. The reason you're alive is because I realize that I might find something useful from you." The cage flared up, and bolts of lightning lashed out at Vertan from every direction. "I just want you to realize how hopeless it would be. Option 1 - I wait here, toying with you until you die. Option 2 - I wait here, letting the Psionics toa toy with you until you die. Option 3 - I wait here, letting the Ice toa toy with you until you die. Option 4 - I let you lose to see if you can beat them. If you can, I either kill your or recruit you. Your choice. Option 5- I ask all three of you to stop fighting and listen to an offer I have. Option 6, nobody would enjoy. Not even me." -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC Parched Wastes Vertan struggled as Amalia choked him, and if he could talk, he would be saying, ''All Toa stand by their morals, and do not kill. You are evil, a murderer - a disgrace to your kind. You are one of us. And all wars on my homeland are true battles - to kill and conquer.'' he would have grinned if he could. The Skakdi would continue. ''Experience is not someting to brag about. And, you - the best? Oh, yes, you are the best... at making enemies, at incurring my wrath. The more you hurt me, the more painful your death will be. This cage cannot hold forever, and I will pursue you around this island until you die. ''I survive, because the strong do that. You have not died because you run from a fight, you block off your enemy because you know you cannot defeat him. ''You think you can decide my fate, little Toa? Well, you are so wrong. I will crush you!'' he would say. Struggling to breath, Vertan couldn't stop the lightning bolts. They hit him, stunning the Skakdi. OOC: I'm starting to find this a little unfair. My character is stuck in a confined space, unable to touch the walls without getting badly hurt. Lightning bolts lash out at him, with not much room to dodge them, and he's been beaten and strangled using telekinesis. He has no real way to defend himself, while Amalia and Levacius stand, able to easily kill him - or killing him now, with electricity eveywhere and no air to get to his head or lungs - and he cannot touch or even catch them off balance.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Plagia - Parched Wastes Plagia saw Rocky's mane heat the sand to glass, sparking (pun intended) an idea in her mind. Despite the logical side of her brain screaming not to do it, Plagia let her shield down, re-focusing her energy into launching bolts of lightning at the pillars of sand, both transforming them to glass, and melting them to slag. -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: I dunno what to say, your character got himself into this predicament and therefore should handle it. But you could consult TPTI if you want. IC: Amalia: Parched Wastes: "I've heard of legends, but, you-you were the almighty conqueror in the north. Me being in the south and all, only was told rumors about you. I'm honored to be with you, unless that is, you kill me." Amalia said to Levacius.

IC: Levacius / Parched Wastes "Not anymore," he said. "That was another life. Though I think that with the power base I had, I could have had control over the entire continent. Please stop strangling the Skakdi, I want him to be able to respond." The electrical field faded. "Perhaps, Skakdi, you may be useful. You see, the Shepherds support a team called Team Patronage - six toa, though perhaps that has changed. Killing a member means you replace them. If what you say is untrue, and the stone toa died by anothers hands, you have demonstrated uncanny tenacity. Some would have died from the cage alone by this point, and most would have been out cold. The fact you're standing, albeit wounded, means something." "Now if what you say, that you killed the stone toa, is true, you serve another use. Eventually, the Shepherds will come. Perhaps in person, perhaps an observer. Whoever comes, they're a being I need to know more about. And, of course, we could still make an alliance - an ally amongst the Shepherds servants would be... useful." He stood straight. "You see, all three of you, I know the Shepherds plans. This island is not a prison, or a simple game - it's a boot camp. The most elite. And only six will make it out of here, and they will leave as the Shepherds elite guard. But we do not need to play by the sergeants rules." He clenched his hand into a fist, and held it out. "There is a way off the island! We need do only one thing - capture the Shepherds ship!" -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Rynekk Rynekk was really regretting this plan. He had severely underestimated the force of the sandstorm, and now found himself flying through the air, sand and dirt and grit pummelling him, cutting off his breathing. KarzKarzKarz, he screamed in his head, right before being shot into the sky, only being able to look forward to a particularly painful reunion with the ground. OOC: If anyone wants to save him, feel free. -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: @ Emissary: Have no fear, Greel is here! :P IC: Parched Wastes Telekinetic energy surrounded Rynekk, gently pulling him up into the air, and sending floating through the storm under Greel's mental guidance. Rocky had alerted Greel about the presence of a familar being using his heightened senses. The golden-skinned being didn't know exactly who it was, but he figured any help was needed here, and then he sent mental energy in the direction Rocky was looking. IC: Parched Wastes The moment Levacius finished speaking, twin beams of impact power at full intensity lanced from Vertan's eyes. They were aimed at the ground beneath the two Toa's feet, and would also send sand clouds flying into the air. In addition, the deadly, charged force bolt flew in the direction Levacius was standing in. When Vertan had sensed the electrical field's diappearance, he waited until the Lightning Toa had stopped speaking so he could recover a little. And whether he was being strangled or not, the Skakdi wasn't going to lose an opportunity to attack his tormentors. Determination - that was where he drew his strength from.

Edited by Magnus Greel

-==IC: Kairan==- Kairan frowned, as he continued to walk toward who he was now assuming was possibly controlling the sandstorm. Either no-one else had seen him, or were too preoccupied with the other person, it didn't matter. All that mattered, was the fact that the Toa of Lightning was heading toward the sand wielder, a sparking sword in his hand, and a determined look on his face.

IC: Parched Wastes When the sand finally cleared around Amalia, Vertan was no longer laying where he was before. He appeared beside her, using both the cloud and her surprise as cover. The Skakdi swung his spiked club even as several force bolts shot from his free, open hand, both aimed at Amalia. ''Who's ignorant now?'' he hissed. He would deal with her first, then Levacius, who might be facing his own problems from the sand, eyebeams, and charged force bolt.

OOC: I'm still in the air, Magnus. IC: Amalia: Parched Wastes: But the club wasn't even close to Amalia, who was in the air. She pushed Vertan back to the ground. "Just listen, you brakas monkey! The Sheperds are using us! Beconing a Patronage is becomig a pawn. I know for sure you don't like being played around with. I can see it. You, like any other inhabitant, wants to be let loose. Staying with the Sheperds with gain you nothing. Join us!" Amalia said sharply.

IC: Levacius / Parched Wastes Levacius, however, was already there. With his hypersensitive senses - thanks in no small part to a certain mask - his first action was to close his eyes and move to the side. He turned where he heard sounds and opened his eye to see the Skakdi. Moving quickly, he had positioned himself just in time to come behind the Skakdi as he raised his club, attempting to knock him in the neck with the hilt of his shortsword. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: So I see that all of you ignored the giant wall of sand blocking you from reaching Greel. Oh well.

Jontan and Rastaque/Parched Wastes, Biting off Far More Than They Can Chew\IC: It seemed all (sans Kairan) had rushed to save their teammate instead of attacking their opponent. Perfect. It brought them all far closer together. The massive wall of sand quickly wrapped itself around the group and smothered them in its massive weight, pressing down upon them all. The hybrid-toa then focused upon the one who showed intelligence, the one than was coming nearer. As he had seen many attempt to defeat him with the equipment, he had a very good idea of how to use his sword and shield. Thus, keeping enough focus upon the sand to keep it attacking, he charged Kairan, Avsa draining. Rastaque had another few needles and was about to throw them when he heard the sand shift behind him. The toa flipped forward, flinging the needles at Nostala as he did so.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*