The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Levacius / Toothy Bane Cove Levacius climbed up aboard the ship. Looking back at Isiz and Kinika, he grinned. The two were sleeping off ship, their last time on land. "Land lovers." he thought, chuckling. The ship was moving forward silently now, leaving the other two behind. "It's not night. Not until that escaped toa is captured." he thought. "But this will have to do." IC: Suicavel / Toothy Bane Suicavel couldn't rest in this little cave. Leaving, he put up a dome of shadows and began stalking down into the Shadowtangle, where the shadows were deeper. He was fully strengthened again, thanks to his mask. But until the day was over, he would be unable to attack the bridges inhabitants in earnest. He couldn't capture the toa who had escaped the slavers. He would have seen him crossing over, which meant he was on the north side of the island. Besides, capturing wasn't his thing. Killing was his thing. IC: Irriane / Stony Leap Irriane rushed over to the bridge. Gingerly, she began walking down, then hopping. Looking over, she gave a thumbs up, shouting (despite being less than five Kio away) "Seems secure!" IC: Arillan / Parched WastesArillan had finished his climb of stony leap. Where to now? He never captured anyone before; not to mention the fact he was already likely surrounded. However, he kept walking - it was the only way to go. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC - Nostala - Stony Leap: As the others emerged from Shadowtangle and headed towards the bridge, Nostala looked at the other group one last time. "Thank you again," she said. "To be honest we were expecting a less peaceful reaction; I'm just glad to see that we were wrong. Maybe we'll cross paths again someday." She nodded at the group and headed towards the bridge, beginning across it.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

I would argue the one with control over Rahi is the most dangerous outdoors. O_O

OOC: Probably not in the Wastes, where there are fewer Rahi than Shadowtangle IC: The rock Aderyn had flung struck the shield and bounced off. "Take the shot again," Jaxenia ordered. This time Adery aimed high, so his rock bullet would go over the shield

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Well, I was meaning that he was heading in the direction of the fortress, since the bridge was nearby. =P Though, right now, he's still disguised as a wolf.-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan nodded, and 'howled' in acknowledgement, as he walked toward, and subsequently crossed onto, the bridge.... Say... How DO you undo this mask...? Kairan thought, as that thought suddenly occurred to him, while he walked.

OOC: And Team Patronage isn't reacting to being mauled by a bunch of raptor-like creatures? Also, Skarloth... Rastaque throws these needles so that they'll penetrate armor. He uses his element to induce greater power and accuracy so that they practically become hand-thrown bullets.

Jontan/Sea\IC: Jontan realized that he was just about to get hit by a bullet and was very glad when his instincts caused sand to block it. Realizing that this moment of distraction let Reya escape, he cursed and caused the sand to flow after her in a wave. In front of her, a ten bio wide sandbar rose above the surface. An idea suddenly struck Jontan. This Toa had given him more trouble than any other he had ever met. If they teamed up they would be an unstoppable force. Quicksand, thunderstorms, the possibilities were endless! Thus, to stop her, he did the first thing that popped into his head. The sand on the other side of the sandbar rose up to spell the words, "STOP. I WANT TO TALK." In his twisted mind, she would stop and accept instantly.

Rastaque/Shadowtangle\IC: Rastaque, while wondering how his needles simply bounced off of Oura, quickly moved into position so that he could leap upon his opponent and break his neck. When he had silently reached the optimum position above said toa, the assassin went for it.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Sea Reya splashed back into the water and kicked forward. At the sight of Jontan's sand bar, she began manipulating the water for an attack. She slowed her pace, however, as she noticed that the sand had an odd design to it. Stop. I want to talk. she made the words out in her head. Her instincts of a thief told not to stop, not to listen. A good thief trusts no one, and an even better one never stops at the request of her enemy. But she did stop, not for the reason he wanted her to though. The Water Toa saw an opportunity: she could strike him down while he talked, end his threat to her once in for all. She did not turn around until she had her attack prepared. IC: Shadowtangle Greel and Rocky followed their team across the newly crafted bridge. IC: Parched Wastes Hexxon grew impatient; he was wasting time and energy standing there waiting and hidden. This time he would take the gauntlet (and maybe the bounty, if there was time) with less sutble force. As for Team Patronage, he would let them fight the Rahi, and let the Vortixx and her pet deal with them. He focused on the charging Sledge, summoning a strong telekinetic force that would send him flying backwards away from the battle with great force.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Sledge / Parched Wastes Sledge saw the enemy raising their arms for the strike - just a glint of their armor against the light - and instinctively raised the gauntlet created shield. The sling bullet slammed into it, but no severe harm resulted. He continued his forward charge, hammer out - knowing that even if even two enemies were there, he was likely doomed. IC: Suicavel / Shadowtangle Suicavel waited at the edge of the shadowtangle just within line of sight of the bridge. His elemental energy was fully charged, and whilst he waited in his own darkness, large tendrils formed in his hands. Watching as the group began traveling, he grinned. Once they were at the halfway point... they were finished. IC: Irriane / Stony Leap Irriane ran back towards Klax. "Seems secure!" she said. "Though we should put a limit. I mean, that thing isn't gonna carry all those people. Or will it? I dunno!" She looked up. Pointing, she said, "Yay for the sky castle!" IC: Levacius / Southern Waters The winds were good. Levacius was currently circling around the island, and indeed, it was much faster whilst on a ship than on your feet. Not significantly faster with only one person, but he didn't care. He had a ship. Now all a ship needs... is a crew. He would make a loop around the island and go around the west coast. He might find someone eventually. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

OOC: I did. Felix smelled/heard them. Then he relayed the information to Trian. Furthermore, she could see the direction from which the stone came.

Jontan/Sea\IC: Jontan landed beside Reya and slid about another bio, ready in case she did happen to attack. "I would say that you are the strongest being that I have ever met. If we joined forces, we could go to unprecedented distances, possibly even obtain three slots on Team Patronage. I only accept those strong enough to put up a fight to me, and you are, indeed a formidable foe. So what do you say? Would you be interested in joining Rastaque and I?"

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC Klax - Fortress - Talking: Klax chuckled at Sacoran, "And you would know the original purpose, wouldn't you?" he said, turning to a hyper Irriane, he only facepalmed when she spoke to him. "I wonder where Frag did run off too, he was just here a few minutes ago..." the Toa said aloud, looking around for his partner in speed. IC Oura - Shadowtangle - Fighting: Oura rolled to the side as his opponent came down upon him, slashing at the being's side as he got back onto his feet, and ran further into denser foliage. He was in no state to fight the Toa, seeing as how he was only a Matoran; but he had beaten Toa before. OOC: Yep, Oura's a Matoran, not a Toa. And I have no clue what I was thinking when I put him into this RPG. >_< -Oura

IC: Rynekk - Stony Leap For once in his life, Rynekk wished he couldn't hear Plagia. She was still in shock over the whole bridge-appearing-out-of-thin-air thing, and kept babbling on about. 'Itwasincredibledon'tyouthinkdon'tyadonchathoughitwaskindagodmoddinginmyopinionunlesshehadspecialpermissionorsomething...' Rynekk sighed, and wished he hadn't disposed of his cloak earlier. Then he could stuff something her mouth, at least. -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

-==IC: Kairan/Stoney Lea==- Kairan smirked while still in the wolf form about what was going on, but continued to keep walking, even if he had a very bad feeling something was going to happen.Maybe I should've dropped the disguise BEFORE heading out of the forest...

OOC: Oh. Also: ASSASSINATION FAILED. XD

Rastaque/Shadowtangle\IC: Rastaque aimed a handful of needles perfectly to deflect the blade, then leaped after the matoran. How had he thought that it was a toa? Oh well, it wouldn't take long to dispose of him. The assassin flung five more needles at various points in rapid succession.

IC: Levacius / Coming around to the west coast The Griffon II was nearing the end of the south coast, and would soon be coming along the west coast. IC: Suicavel / Near Stony Leap Suicavel used almost all of his power to shroud a massive area around him - about 50 Bio away from Irriane, Klax, and the others. A huge, 150 Bio by 150 Bio area was suddenly encompassed with darkness, with him at the epicenter. Pulling upon the preexsiting shadows, he formed a wall of solid darkness that blocked the bridge. Using the remaining power he had left, he caused huge tendrils of shadow to wrap around the bridge across most of its beginning. The metal was strong, but couldn't hold up against the toa of shadows will. The bridge was snapped. Elemental energy brought almost to a minimum - though he was hidden from the sun - Suicavel focused on Klax with all of his willpower. The Avsa would rapidly begin draining him of his energy. And the energy would, of course, empower him. He would probably have to flee. But at least he would have struck terror into this group, and destroyed hope of the bridge. OOC: Considering that all of you construction workers are almost empty on elemental energy.... well, I guess it sucks for you. Muahahhaa. (Considering that a Nova blast would destroy an entire island, that's a rather liberal use of all but a small fraction of elemental energy. Mostly it was unharmful... except for, you know, the people on the iron bridge. Which also solves the problem anyone has with the bridge.) IC: Irriane / Stony Leap Irriane yelled out in fear as the darkness suddenly enveloped the area. Instincts kicked in, and her hand caught flame, illuminating the area around the group. The wall of darkness on the bridge still blocked light, being solid darkness. She rushed forward to the edge as the bridge snapped apart, reaching her hand out - not the burning one - and hoping to catch one of the last people going across. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC Oura - Shadowtangle - Fighting: Oura held his shield up in defense, blocking the needles effectively. He then turned and slashed at his opponent once again, this time aiming for his legs. OOC: lol, Oura can't fight. Maybe I should just kill him off. IC Klax - Fortress - Running: The moment Klax felt his elemental powers being drained, he leaped into action, activating his mask, and zipping out of sight, off towards the other end of the island. (Or Shadowtangle) -Klax

Edited by Skarloth

OOC: Need him dead? Rastaque would be happy to oblige.

Rastaque/Shadowtangle\IC: Predictable. With a flip, Rastaque was over the Matoran and aiming a needled punch to his face.

-==IC: Kairan/Stoney Leap==- Kairan inhaled sharply when the darkness settled, and turned around fully, and ran off back where the group had come from, which was made easier by the flame. However, once he reached the cliff once more, he turned around, and tried to help some of the others who had still yet to get back however he could. Though, how that would happen was anyone's guess, given that he still hadn't changed back.

OOC: Meh... sye. Go ahead, I have no use for him anymore. IC Oura - Shadowtangle - Dying: Oura was hit in the face by the needles, all of them puncturing his facial bones, and causing massive pain for the Matoran, and blindness. He went right to his knees, covering his bleeding face with now bloody hands, and screaming out in pain as Rastaque was probably behind him already, ready to finish him off. OOC: Yo, Oura, it was nice knowing you, but you're the weakest character in IoP. Cya. -Oura

OOC: @ Levacius: Did you see my previous post where Hexxon used telekinesis on Sledge? IC: Sea Reya listened carefully to Jontan's words, and then answered. ''No. I couldn't turn my back on both of you without finding a dozen needles in it, or see myself drowning in sand. Neither could you walk ahead without being suffocated by water.You expect partnership after nearly killing me at least five times?'' Before the sand Toa could react, a shell of compacted water formed around her, the liquid so well joined that no sand could penetrate. It shot away from Jontan in a rapid motion, cutting through the sand bar and vanishing under the water beyond it. OOC: This is where I'd like to have Reya leave. IC: Stony Leap/Shadowtangle Immediately at the sign of trouble, Rocky (still carrying Greel on his back) sped off the collapsing bridge. With a jump, he leapt back onto the Shadowtangle side of the island. OOC: @ Skarloth: It's sad to see Oura go. :(

IC: Irriane / Stony Leap "Where are you going?" shouted Irriane as Klax ran off. "What... why are you leaving us?" Noone had a chance to grab for her by the time she moved forward, staring off. Stunned expression went to rage, and flames licked around her body as she screamed the word, "Deserter!" IC: Suicavel / Stony Leap Too late... Suicavel had already taken what he needed. The life force of Klax was definitely positive. The burning toa of fire in distance was unsettling, using a portion of his elemental power, he swatted her down to the ground. Moving forward, spear in hand, he prepared to begin a hunt to pick off those who were still there. OOC: EDIT: I thought you were preparing the attack. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Well, it was worth a try.

Jontan/Sea\IC: The moment before Reya blasted off, Jontan yelled, "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer! That's my philosophy!" Shrugging, he turned back toward the island and began traveling on a wave of sand. He barely paid heed to a Rahi that tried to eat him, ripping its head off from its body with a casual wave.

Rastaque/Shadowtangle\IC:With a powerful upward kick, Oura's head broke cleanly off of the rest of his body. "That was a waste of my time," Rastaque muttered to himself, taking the sword, shield, and lighter armor that could be modified for his body. Strapping both weapons to his back and dropping the armor into his bag, the toa started jogging in the path of destruction Jontan left.

OOC: Zehvor... I hate you. :P IC - Nostala - Stony Leap: "Wait - Rynekk and Plagia!" Nostala yelled, noticing that out of the group, no one seemed to have grabbed either of the two Toa, who were only slightly further along the bridge than she and Orssa had been. She would give them half a second to see if they could get to safety; if they didn't she would have to try to get to them using Kairan's Kualsi. Still, she was extremely irritated at this point; if this was Suicavel again, she was going to make sure that he didn't escape the scene intact like he had on the previous two occasions.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Delighted to torment. The character was only created to randomly show up and begin attacking. Gets people active. :P IC: Sledge / Parched Wastes The telekinetic blast slammed into Sledge, knocking him back. However, it wasn't enough to stop him. Continuing his forward charge, he created a wall of iron behind him and to his sides. Using his powers to cause metal spikes to jut from his armor and the head of his hammer. Two horns formed from his helmet, and he formed an extra plating from it to help protect his forehead. That would secure him from any more surprises directed towards his skull. Now, he continued his charge across the wastes towards the enemies beyond. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Sea Reya freed herself from the water cocoon once she felt enough distance had been made between her and Jontan. She kicked back up to the surface, warily watching for any dangerous sea Rahi. Her head broke through the surface, and she turned it to see if anyone was around. No one that she could see. With a faint grin, she formed waves to carry her back to a different region of the island. Reya figured she would have to find Petra and Oura, but she would take her time. Along she way, she absorbed surrounding water to regenerate her element faster. IC: Parched Wastes Seeing as Sledge was a little too determined to be stopped at the moment, Hexxon decided to wait again. He would just stay and watch until Patronage defeated them all. And once Sledge fell to the team, he would step in and take the Nynrah Gauntlet. It only seemed fair, to Hexxon at least. He knew that when Sledge was recaptured, the Shepherds of Flesh wouldn't let him keep that weapon; he could just escape again using it. So, to keep it from being lost for good, the Psionics Toa would claim it as his. OOC: Last post today.

OOC: I did. Felix smelled/heard them. Then he relayed the information to Trian. Furthermore, she could see the direction from which the stone came.

Go back and read the post again. They're far away, and hidden in ruins. All he'd smell is dust, and if he could hear them over the sounds of a pre-existing battle, then I have to wonder why his ears aren't bleeding IC: Jaxenia raised her hands. With the advantage of surprise gone, there was no point in being subtle. An orb of bluish energy appeared between her upward stretching hands, and from that orb came a mighty flood, the force of a tempest unleashed in one fell blast. The wide wave swept towards Sledge, whose ability to dodge it was much decreased thanks to the walls he himself had erected around him. Even if the force of the tsunami didn't knock him unconscious, the ground was now reduced to mud and his charge would be ruined

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Gotcha. My point on the rock still stands, though. And now Trian and Felix can see where Sledge is running off to. It would stand to reason that Trian would assume their enemies are hiding in ruins.

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes\IC: The sand screamers popped out at the wrong ruin, thus slightly maiming the element of surprise. Still, the fact that they were rather vicious creatures was to be reckoned. Thus, as she began jogging after Sledge, the creatures burrowed again and moved to the correct ruin. At that point, they again burst from the ground and started attacking Team Patronage. Felix was running beside Sledge's wall, ready to help his mistress's friend if need be. If these piraka laid a hand on him, they'd have more than sand screamers with which to deal. Then the muaka saw water. Lots of it. Thinking fast, he leaped over the wall, snatched Sledge by the back of his armor, and attempted to leap back out before the wave hit.

Jontan and Rastaque/Shadowtangle\IC: Jontan quickly reached the cliffs and began traveling upwards on a column of sand. When he reached the top he wasn't surprised to see Rastaque running up. Said toa raised a brow questioningly, but a shake of Jontan's head told him that their prey had gotten away. "Well," said Rastaque, "that Matoran put up next to no fight without his friends. Want his sword and shield?" Jontan checked both weapons and, finding that they were above average quality, took them. "These should suffice. Now, I'm hungry for sand and blood. Let us move back into the Wastes. Maybe we could capture that toa that's on the loose."

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

-==IC: Kairan/Stoney Leap==- Kairan turned in the direction of Shadowtangle, and growled slowly, as he tried to shift back to his Toa form, but for some reason, it just wouldn't work at that moment, and Kairan growled once more in frustration, as he looked around quickly, looking for where the one responsible for this could be... He knew exactly who it was; and there was no way that he was letting him just get away with it... Not this time.

IC: Sledge / Parched Wastes After Felix grabbed him, Sledge began to conjure a globe of iron once they hit solid ground.There was only a small space left for one to go to, facing Trian. Metal bars stretched from it into the ground, making it slightly more secure. Hopefully this would protect against the water. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Shadowtangle Upon hearing Nostala's shouts, Greel turned in the direction of the destroyed bridge. He streched out his arms, sending a strong telekinetic force concentrated on Ryenkk and Plagia. The two floated in the air, and then flew towards the Shadowtangle side of the island to the rest of the group.

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes\IC: Trian had just stopped at the closest distance she believed she could safely get when an orb of metal formed around her. Silently thanking Sledge for the protection, she sat down and put forth her entire mind into controlling the rahi. Felix set Sledge down and lowered his body, signifying for the toa to ride him. He would be able to better protect his mistress's friend if they were together.

Jontan and Rastaque/Southwestern Border of Ashring and Parched Wastes\IC: "Looks like there's a big fight over on the bridge," murmured Rastaque as he and Jontan floated over the chasm on a platform of sand. When they reached the other side, said sand poured back into the jar upon Jontan's back. Jontan led the way to a cave on the border of the Parched Wastes and the Ashring. Rastaque lay down in a corner of the cave and lightly dozed to regain his strength. The hybrid-toa, in the meantime, sat outside, absorbing as much of the sand around him as he could.

IC Klax - Edge of Shadowtangle - Hiding: Klax slumped to the ground, drained of his energy, he could just barely move now, and he wouldn't be up and running for a while. Using his mask hadn't helped either, and he thought he heard Irriane shouting the word deserter while he rushed away. With his fortress taken over by a flying maniac with shadow powers and a friggin' Avsa(sp), his day had gone from mildly boring to extremely deadly. He covered his body in a metal cocoon, with small holes to provide him air, he would let himself recover before trying to go back to the Fortress. -Klax

IC: The rocky ground of the ruins meant the burrowing creatures couldn't simply emerge right next to their prey. They had to pop up at a small distance and approach over land. And with their whooping, screeching cries, they weren't exactly subtle. A wall of fire summoned by Laelius sprang up between them and Team Patronage, immolating those who couldn't stop fast enough. The raptors froze in place as Trian's control over them weakened, slowly being eroded by their instinctual hatred and fear of fire. Meanwhile the mud created by water meeting sand rose up in the shape of a giant hand. It grabbed hold of the iron orb, beginning to rip it up from its position so it could be thrown away like a kohlii ball

7AOYGDJ.jpg