The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

OOC: On BS01, the best description it gives is "a desert creature". Thus, again, I take creative license. Also, I was kinda implying that they just kind of swallowed what was in the way. XD However, now that I realize that sand worms are a creature of Bara-Magna anyways, I shall, indeed, say trollers. Sounds exactly like something the Shepherds would use. For God-modding's sake (plus size), though, they would have to be smaller ones. And why not? Seeing as the pillar erupted directly beneath him, I see no reason why Felix wouldn't come back down in only a slightly different spot.

Trian/Parched Wastes\IC: That... did not go as planned. Thankfully, Trian still had a two trollers left alive. She directed them to attack again, this time making sure they ate anything in their way into of killing themselves on it. Thus, the two worms attacked.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC Kono - Parched Waste Ruins - Traveling: It had been long enough, he was now officially of this degraded style of living. He would have no more of these ruins, he had lived there for far too long. "And... now... explosion." Kono absorbed the shadow surrounding him within the dark ruins, blasting it all out at once with enough force to crush stone. The result was the destruction of the ruin, all that was left of the area was a large scattered field of stone, with a crater in the middle of it. With his job done, and one more ruin destroyed, he grabbed his weapons, and left, heading for Stoney Leap, which, unbeknownst to him, was a shadowy battle field. OOC: Any interaction across the Wastes? -Kono

OOC: The idea of the pillar was to throw him away. No point in trying to do that if they're just going to land right where they started ;) IC: Regrettably one of the baby trollers was in the way of the other, and got torn apart as the second followed Trian's orders to eat anything in its path. It then went on to squirm towards Kuy'saz'ra, who didn't like the slimy creature and grabbed its jaws. The mighty Toa's strength was equal to that of the juvenile worm and he managed to keep it engaged in a grappling match.A Caretaker with decals on its armour of pale metallic yellow and deep crimson teleported into the midst of the battle, trying to find a safe way to get to Sledge

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Irriane / Stony Leap Irriane jumped up and clapped. "Yay! Liking my idea!" Turning at the gate - which Arillan had locked - she came near and released her fire powers. Klax had made a great fort, and his gate was secure.The walls, however, were of inferior make, and by aiming her flames at one of the points she knew was thinner, she created a hole just big enough to move through. IC: Sledge / Parched Wastes Sledges eyes flickered open. "No..." he muttered weakly. It was all he could do. He couldn't do anything without his mask. IC: Arillan / Parched Wastes Arillan saw the caretakers appear. That was his queue to leave. Or was it?Laelius was still on the ground. He pulled out his tomahawk, and began waiting for the right moment... IC: Levacius / Parched Wastes Kono was close enough to where Levacius was that the toa of lightning saw the explosion. He shook his head. What an unnecessary display of power. But he needed a crew, and thus turned east, to where the explosion had occured. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Rynekk - Stony Leap Rynekk gulped. He honestly wasn't sure if he could do it. He had never tried to do anything that big. But he looked at the looks in the faces of his companions, worn and weary, with little left to hope for, but possible escape. He gave the only response he could, 'I'll do it.' Rynekk walked up to the chasm, branching out with his mind, searching. If he could find the remnants of the old bridge, that make it easier. He probed around, trying to grasp something. Almost...yes! A chunk of bridge, small, but possibly next to more. Soon he found more and more pieces, almost enough for a bridge. Now, came the tricky part. Rynekk focused, pooled his energy into this maneuver. He raised his arms, and one by one, massive chunks of iron rose into the air. 'Plagia, Kairan! Fuse them, now!' he cried. OOC: <insert epic music>. -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Klax - Fortress - Fighting: Klax had had enough of this, with Frag gone, he was on no one's side, which meant everyone was fair game(sadist). The shadow wasn't helping, and there was no way to remove it... except with light. Sadly, light was not his element, but he could direct it with polished metal. Standing just outside the thick shadow, he created a large disk of bright, polished metal, letting it hover next to him as he angled it to cut through the immense cloud of shadow and darkness. -- OOC: Now comes the problem, Suicavel is obviously controlling the shadow, otherwise it would have been eliminated by the daylight already. I'm just wondering if Klax would have any better chance by reflecting the light into the shadow. -Klax

OOC: Suicavel isn't focusing on the darkness. The shadow is still kind of there, and fading. The sky castle, however, is pitch black in darkness. Nobody can see anything around it. Also, Irriane already put a hole in the fort... You can just use stony leap. :P IC: Levacius / Parched Wastes Levacius came within sight of Kono... well, sight for him, thanks to the Mask of Sensory Aptitude. The other being, however, couldn't see him from where he was. Moving closer, he came within the range he expected this odd, black and gold toa would be able to hear him. "Impressive display of your powers!" he shouted. "But I've seen better." -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Parched Wastes Hexxon materialized somewhere very close to the Yawning Sunder. He grinned; he was so far away from the others and violence. He would be much more safe than them, who would all probably kill themselves in combat. The Toa stopped, detecting the mind of another nearby. Out of the corner of his blue eye, he spotted a slave moving through the sand. He carried a brown sachel, strapped across his shoulder. Looking at the objects he held, Hexxon decided he needed a bag to carry them around in. Switching off the ability to hide his presence, he teleported behind the slave. While trudging through the sand, the slave noticed a looming shadow before him. He turned, only to see a very tall being swing a staff. It happened too fast for him to move; Qayzaf's weapon hit him hard on his head. The slave fell to the ground, unconscious. Hexxon smirked and removed the satchel from the poor being, along with a piece of his shoulder armor, which might come in handy later. He turned the bag upside down, emptying it of useless items. Then he turned it back over and dropped Qayzaf's and Sledge's masks inside. Strapping the bag's sling onto his shoulder, Hexxon surveyed the area. Beyond the canyon was a great forest, and a large mountain in it. That would be a wonderul place to stay for now; I could get a good view the island, he thought, and teleported there. IC: Shadowtangle Greel and Rocky watched as Rynekk began reassembling the broken bridge. It would be good to get to the other side soon. Also, to keep out for Suicavel, he had Rocky try to sniff out the Shadow Toa. There would be no mayhem this time.

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan raised an eyebrow, but concentrated, and then attempted to send a lightning bolt through the bridge pieces.Even if we don't need it, it's always nice to have a second bridge...

IC Kono - Parched Wastes - Talking to Levacius: Kono looked towards the Toa who came seemingly out of nowhere, "People don't come out of nowhere around here, and they don't wander-- if they're smart, that is. What's your business in the Wastes?" he asked, walking steadily closer towards this new arrival. Normally, one would question the appearance of a Toa, and also want to determine whether they were friend or foe. Kono, however, didn't care, if we wanted to fight, he would fight, but if he only wished to talk, then he would talk. IC Klax - Fortress - Ready to Fight: Klax used the metal mirror he had created to see into the mass of shadow before him, he held the mirror disk outside the cloud while he traveled into it, keeping the beam of light near him but never directly on him. Of course, some beings in the cloud could sense him through other means, but having everyone know where you are in a dark place--especially when they all are willing to kill you--is never a good idea. However, the cloud of shadow was now fading, and rapidly as well, he could now see more clearly as light from the sun penetrated the mass of shadow. In minutes, it was easy to see in the cloud, enough to a point where it was similar to dawn, so Klax brought the disk to himself, and absorbed it. He noticed that a Toa of his element was attempting to put his old bridge back together, he smirked at this, and grabbed hold of one part of the bridge, ripping it from the elemental grip of the Toa with all the force he could muster. With his half of the bridge in 'hand', he lifted it higher, and sent it flying downward towards the Toa of iron, Rynekk. He waited to see the Toa either die/go unconscious from impact, or attempt to avoid it. -Klax

IC: Levacius / Parched Wastes Levacius smirked. Whilst most toa would be going for their weapons and backing away, he simply crossed his arms and said, "You may call me... Levacius. Perhaps you've heard the name? A warlord on the Northern Continent who died twice. Well, here I am. Stuck on this miserable island."He smiled. "Or, should I say, off the island. I commandeer a vessel capable of sea travel known as the Griffon II. Yes, you may have heard of the Griffon, and it's captain. That was me before I died my second time in a crash. Called myself the Griffon. Silly name, now that I think about it. What would that be? A rock lion and a kohu fused together?" "And why do you think I came out of nowhere? I came form somewhere. From the west, to be specific. I saw your little explosion as I headed back to my vessel. Perhaps you would like to be the first of my crew?" IC: Suicavel / Sky Castle Suicavel used his shadow powers to warp right next to Sacoran as he started his strangle and thrust his spear at the other beings chest. His darkness became deeper. He was used to it, and could sense his opponents location. However, his enemy, not accustomed to the dark, did not have that advantage and could see nothing. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

IC Kono - Parched Wastes - Talking to Levacius: Kono immediately noticed that this guy was full of questions, and pride of his past, apparently. "Everybody comes from somewhere, its just that you weren't here, and then you were, hence why I said nowhere. And you can call me Kono, by the way. Hm... a ship, one that could take us away? Haha, I don't think so, nobody leaves this place," the Toa of shadow said. "I have had enough of this sand, is your vessel is on the way to the Stoney Leap?" he asked. He wished very much to get to the jungle, even if it was full of Rahi and other dangers, it was more survivable than just sand and Rahi. -Kono

IC: Levacius / Parched Wastes Levacius shook his head. "I doubt we can leave the island on boat alone. But with enough crew members, we will have a force large enough to find a way to hit the shepherds where it hurts. Oh, and of course I'll be the leader. I've led an army before, more than most of the common slaves of this island say." "And as far as Stony Leap, no, it is due west of here. Why would you want to go there? We can just dock off of Shadowtangle. Plus, walking isn't that comfortable for anyone." He turned, walking off and indicating that Kono should follow. Now was the test to see if he could trust this toa or not. He was walking away, and very vulnerable. Of course, one such as he was never vulnerable. IC: Irriane / Stony Leap Irriane turned to see Klax. "TRAITOR!" she shouted, pointing her hands and firing multiple bolts of fire. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan inhaled sharply, as he saw the bridge piece go up into the air, and figured that that wasn't Rynekk's idea. Growling at the constant attacks, he attempted to push Rynekk to the ground, even as he dove out of the way of the rogue bridge attack himself, though he had no clue where this attacker might be.It's gotta be someone with control over iron though... otherwise, how could whoever did this have pulled that off? Kairan thought with another growl. However, he did looked up as Irriane shouted out, and frowned for a moment, before things clicked.He must be the one. Kairan thought, as he stood up and slowly drew his sword."You messed with the wrong people, whoever you are." Kairan shouted toward Klax calmly.OOC: That might seem like a contradiction, but in this case, shouting is more the act of carrying his voice across the plains. =P

OOC: What plains? IC Klax - Fortress - Fighting Kairan: "Wrong people? You're right, you are the wrong people," he said, sprouting a metal spike from his hand, and flinging it at Kairan's throat, guiding the sharp metal spike toward its destination. He also created a sort of sharp disk the size of his hand from scrap metal lying near him, which he flung towards Rynekk's head. He then created a metal shield for himself, blocking the fire bolts that came his way, "Call me what you want," he said, sending a blast of razor sharp metal shards at Irriane, similar to how a shotgun works. OOC: Fighting is fun again. :3 -Klax

IC: Plagia - Stony Leap Plagia rolled in front of Rynekk and Kairan, activating her Hau, blocking the incoming projectiles. Then, she turned to Irriane, shouting, 'Irriane, look out!' She ran into a standing position, and suddenly performed one of the most daring (and possibly stupidest) maneuvers ever attempted. She leaped into the air, notching an arrow in one clean movement, and letting it loose on Klax before hitting the ground in a roll, shifting towards the left of him. OOC: Awesome! -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Irriane / Stony Leap Fortress near Shadowtangle Irriane created a wall of fire that melted the smallest of the shards. She rolled to the left, avoiding the rest and dropping the wall. Raising her hands up, she created thirteen balls of fire up in the sky. All began falling down towards Klax, exploding. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Whoa, buddy. Whoa, buddy. IC Klax - Fortress - Fighting... everyone: Klax zipped away from all the attacks, the arrow, the fireballs, anything they threw at him. He then stopped for a moment to fling more dangerous metal towards his new foes, then running to a new position before they could even get a lock on him. He then focused on the fortress, he could use that against them, since they were so close to it. IC Kono - Parched Wastes - Talking to Levacius: Kono looked toward Stoney leap, he felt a strong urge to go there, but had no logical reason to travel to the bridge. He decided traveling with this Levacius character wouldn't be bad as long as no back-stabbing happened between them. Slightly reluctantly, he turned away from the direction of the bridge, and walked after Levacius, following the Toa as he led him to wherever his vessel was. OOC: Sorry Klax, you're on your own for now. -Kono

IC: Irriane / Stony Leap Thanks to a toa of fires ability to detect heat sources, Irriane knew exactly where Klax was. Based on his speed, she created a wall of fire right in his path, and two more on the side. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC Klax - Fortress - Fighting: Thanks to the visual que the bright flames gave, Klax covered his upper body in thick metal, and flashed through the flames virtually unharmed. However, he had received a burn to his right leg, but it didn't affect his movement by much. Klax was hit in the shoulder by an attack, one of shadow, and it had taken off some of his armor. He replaced it quickly, and then created a small wall of metal to protect against these blasts of shadow. Zipping out into open view for only seconds, he sent bars of metal speeding towards his enemies, each only an inch in diameter. He then flashed back behind his protective wall, awaiting the next move. -Klax

Edited by Skarloth

OOC: Whoa, lotsa posts.-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan blinked as a shield first appeared around him, and then he turned intangible."Thanks." Kairan said, as he gripped his sword, and then attempted to teleported to another vantage spot, and also attempted to get a lock on where Klax was, as he sent a bolt of lightning toward him from his sword.

IC - Nostala - Stony Leap: Nostala, unable to get near enough to attack due to her lack of powers, was forced to watch as her friends attempted to subdue Klax. Opting to make herself useful, she took a defensive position among the group, using her agility and staff to knock away the metal spikes being launched at the group.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Irriane / Stony Leap Irriane moved forward, Klax being unable to see her behind his own defensive barrier. And then, his barrier was gone in a flash as it slagged down, and a burst of fire moved through, ready to incinerate him. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC Klax - Fortress - Fighting everyone: Klax was able to see the bolt of lightning coming at him at a decent speed, and was able to move out of the way before it hit him. He then zipped forward, and drew both his swords, slashing both at Kairan with Kakama speed. While doing this, he had also avoided Irriane's blast of fire, which melted his metal wall. -Klax

Edited by Skarloth

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan noted the sudden movement of Klax, and was only barely able to block the two blows by holding his sword directly upwards, however, the blast knocked him off balance, and frowned, as he then attempted to follow that up with a stab at Klax. Would it work? He doubted it, but he had to try.

IC Klax - Fortress - Fighting Everyone: Klax zipped to the side, avoiding the stab, and slashed upwards, knocking Kairan's blade from his hands. However, the sudden cloud of shadow around him prevented the Toa of Iron from further attacking Kairan. He zipped out of it, avoiding the +800 temperature, he then flung more sharp pieces of metal towards Orssa and Irriane. Further, he threw up a wall of metal to protect himself from any oncoming attacks. -Klax

Edited by Skarloth

IC: Irriane / Stony Leap Irriane hit the ground, letting the metal shards go over her, and rolled forward. She again created a superheated area around where Klax stood, and began firing balls of fire past the wall and at it. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Shadowtangle Greel watched as the others fought against Klax, and decided to join. Reaching out with his hand, the strange being focused his telekinetic powers on the Iron Toa, creating various attacks, such as telekinetic punches, kicks, and pushes. IC: Shadowtangle Hexxon appeared standing upon the rocky slopes of the mountain. The first the he did was searching the area via telepathy; he didn't want to run into any enemies up here. At first, he sensed only a few minds, with the number increasing beyond the jungle's edge on the mountain, all of which were unintelligent Rahi. Though this he didn't worry about this. The Rahi didn't seem to be a problem up here; it was down there. Up ahead a little was a cave, which he could use as a ''home'' for now. This place was indeed going to be a fine home: he could see most of the island fom here since it was situated near the middle of the island. If there were any more of those caches he heard about, he could easily teleport down to their locations before any other slaves could snatch them. Some places were a little too far to see clearly, and Shadowtangle would only be a problem because he really couldn't see the forest floor. But teleporting to the treetops and then heading to the bottom would work. Other than that, only Haven Cove was hidden from view by Toothy Bane. Hexxon then placed the piece of armor on the ground; he was eager to test the abilities of his prizes.

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan was lucky. His blade was indeed knocked from his hands, and subsequently buried in the ground not far from where he was; and only the luck that he had allies saved him from being killed right then and there. However, Kairan then teleported away from the shadow cloud, leaving his sword where it was for that particular moment, and fired a quick blast of lightning at the metal barrier, hoping it'd just pass right through or otherwise affect Klax somehow, as he then teleported back to where his sword was, and drew it quickly, ready for the next set of attacks.

IC Klax - Fortress - Fighting everyone: Pain was the que here, the heat was just too much for the Toa to bear, and he zipped through a gap in the fireballs that Irriane was firing at him, leaving the wall to melt slowly. He absorbed the metal around him, including part of the Fortress, and sent several metal shards towards his enemies, and pulling up yet another metal wall to protect him from oncoming attacks. -Klax

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan sighed, as he saw the Toa of Iron running back and forth once again, and decided on a different plan, as he waited for a moment, and then attempted to fire two small bolts of lightning from each hand toward the side of the wall that he hoped Klax would travel toward, at a moment that he hoped his teammates were attacking... Cooperation would be key, here.

OOC: 1. Klax isn't going back and forth, he's stationary at his most recently created wall. 2. he's at least 20 yards away from any of you. IC Klax - Fortress - Fighting everyone: Klax pulled more metal from the Fort, flinging large pieces of it at Irriane and Kairan. He 'beefed up' his wall, by placing more metal from the Fort in front of it, creating a barrier more than a wall. Klax knew the odds were most definitely against him, three on one, nope, he was going to lose this unless he got out. And wouldn't you know it, there was a huge open exit just behind him, all he had to do was run, and he wold make it out alive. He would wait, though, to see what these fools really had in them. If he had no other option, he would run. OOC: So basically, the Fort is left of Klax, and Shadowtangle to his right, with all of you in front of him, with his wall protecting him. Behind him is the length of the island that is in between the Sunder, and Shadowtangle, he could escape and never see any of you again if he wanted. -Klax

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan ran to the side, and noticed the empty space behind Klax, and nodded to the others, as he teleported ahead on the right side, in an attempt to block off the potential exit.If only there were a plantlife user... Kairan thought, as he continued to use his Kualsi to get further along, ready to send out a lightning bolt if he really needed to, but that might just encourage Klax to run.