The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC:"An unfortunate dilemma." Myr briefly finalized a design that would, in theory, allow the wearer to run faster and jump higher. A pair of stilts with specialized springs. Myr began to hastily construct them, creating the metal components as he worked.OOC:Yes my friends, powerbocks, the stilts that let you run faster and jump several feet into the air.

-==IC: Kairan//Oasis Ruins==-"I haven't actually been anything like that in title, however, I've been effectively the leader of my Toa Team before getting here." Kairan said, as he walked up to Levacius.OOC: If I disappear before Desiana and whoever goes, then just say that she went along, and I'll respond tomorrow. xD

IC: Levacius / WoL Base"That'll do. Not as big as I'd like, but it'll do. Anyone who applies to my specifiactions, meat me in the main room."He headed back out, moving towards the main building (since this whole thing was in the smaller one Greel brought them into, if I remember right...) and towards the meeting room there.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC - Nostala - WoLves' Base: Nostala nodded, approaching Levacius with Kairan. She kept her disguise up, however; at the moment she didn't feel like investing energy in creating another one.IC - Okena - Parched Wastes: At the exact same time, Okena nodded. "Once we get to Shadowtangle I can use my powers to find him."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Saylt - Parched WastesHe walked the desert in no obvious direction, his companion over his shoulder. Why am I doing this? He thought. She's not part of the Pack. I could just leave her for dead right now, and that'd be the end of it. A pause in his thought. But I don't. I won't. I can't. I'd probably be dead if it weren't for her. A single tear from what remaining moisture could be taken from his body. Danave, he thought, even though she couldn't hear him. We're going to get off this Island. I give you my word.Soon he was completely dehydrated, starving, and out of strength. On the brink of death. He fell to his knees, his vision blurred, and looked into the distance. And in the distance, a ruin stood on the horizon. He summoned what elemental energy he had left, and created a localised snowstorm, to cool him down. He was in his element now, somewhat. As the snow whirled around him, he gathered it off the ground, and consumed it, re-hydrating himself. His strength somewhat revitalised, Saylt stood up, grabbed Danave, put her over his shoulder, and walked on slowly towards the ruin, and hopefully, towards salvation.

Edited by Toa Zealokan

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: Parched Wastes, Pukena and Turano.As they walked East further into the desert, both beings heard the psionic cry for help. With nothing better to do, they followed the directions contained within the message. When they neared the source, however, they saw an ice storm swirling around. It could easily be a trap. In light of this, they proceeded with causion, Pukena as a puff a sand mingled with the dunes and Turano using his mask to camoflage. They would scout out the area, and then offer any help, if it was deserved.

ppg2.png

-==IC: Desiana//Oasis Ruins==-Desiana raised an eyebrow, as she saw the icestorm, and then shook her head, as they weren't getting anywhere, and just ran off in the direction of the icestorm, on nothing but a feeling that the ones who created the icestorm were the ones who called out for help. She kept running, even as she neared the icestorm, and then covered her ears at the loudness of the whirling winds."Hello?! Are you the ones who called out for help!?" Desiana yelled out, barely able to hear herself with the ringing in her ears from the snowstorm's winds, even though she had activated her power to increase the volume of her voice. She did notice that there were two people, however, one on the one who seemed to be a Toa of Ice's back, and one being the Toa of Ice himself. She then motioned to switch off the snowstorm, and tapped her ears to indicate why, hoping they could see her.

OOC:I'm going to assume Myr followed Desiana.IC:Myr caught up to Desiana after a few minutes. He left shortly Desiana, and had stopped to make a few adjustments to his stilts so that the treads wouldn't sink into the sand. He skidded to a stop and looked at the miniature blizzard. He chuckled. "A storm in the desert is rare enough as it is, but a personal blizzard?"

-==IC: Desiana//Parched Wastes==-Desiana nodded, with a smile."Yes. It was actually very helpful that you created that snowstorm; it gave me a place to look first." Desiana said, and frowned as she looked at Denave."Come on, let's get her back to our base quickly; it'll help to get her help there." Desiana said, and hoped that the others hadn't left just yet, or that there was at least some still at the base.

-==IC: Desiana//Parched Wastes==-"I believe so. We may want to hurry, too, especially if you two are as bad off as you seem to imply." Desiana said with a smile, and started to walk back toward the base, but paused."Would you like me to carry your companion, or can you handle walking a little further with her?" Desiana asked, curiously.

-==IC: Desiana//Parched Wastes==-Desiana nodded with a slight chuckle, as she walked over to where the Toa of Ice was, and picked up his companion off his back."Alright then." Desiana said with a smile, as she then started to walk toward the base, Denave now on her back.

OOC:Curse you, Blade, you beat me to it.IC:In one fluid motion, Myr, who was kneeling at the top of a dune, rolled downhill, and sprung up onto his feet. He built up speed and ran in Desiana's direction. "I think time is of the essence," He jumped over Desiana. "And that it would be prudent to get her to the base as soon as possible. If you would like, you can borrow these stilts."

-==IC: Desiana//Parched Wastes==-Desiana nodded at the Toa of Ice."Yes, we're a part of the group named the Wolves of Liberty." Desiana said with a smile, as she simply walked forward."I don't need the stilts right now." Desiana said to Myr, as she figured it'd take more time to put them on and get used to them than just simply running back.

OOC:I hate being ninja'd. Excuse me while I go and sulk. :sarcastic:IC:"We are of the Wolves of Liberty. This is...someone whom I am not yet acquainted with. I am Myr, master weapon-smith and one third of the Iron-users amongst the Wolves." Without breaking stride, Myr bowed politely. "If I might inquire, who are you and your companion? And what of your past?"

Edited by Killer_myr

IC: Saylt'I'm Saylt, and my companion here is Danave. As for my past, I used to be part of a team of Ice Toa, the Blizzard Pack, hence the wolf-styled armour. Anyway, one day the Shepherds, darn them to Karzahni, attacked my village in an attempt to capture us to sell off to some army or whatever. The other six in my Pack would sooner have died than become slaves. After seeing what the death of my team-mates did to my mind, they declared me mentally unfit for work or combat, and here I am.' He chuckled. 'It's fitting that I just happened to find the Wolves of Liberty, right?'

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Parched WastesGreel stepped out from the archway of the large building. Seeing Rynekk and Nostala follow Levacius into the meeting room, he decided to go in. Maybe the Toa of Lightning had something important to say. IC: Parched Wastes"Excellent. Let's get going," Hexxon replied.

IC: Levacius / Main Meeting Hall in WoL BaseFiguring he had gathered everbody who would be coming, Levacius took a deep breath. He hadn't even dreamed that such a large force could be thrown together so quickly. He imagined months of planning. In reality, it looked more like it would be only a few cycles of the dome before they had finished their final mission of escaping the island once and for all."Each of you has some experience with a leader. Battle tactics, plans, strategies that let you win. It's time we put it all together. Currently, everybody is feeling good with the thought they'll be off the island soon. But all of us know that's not the end of this. Escaping the island and taking out a Shepherd is only the beginning; a taste of what comes afterwards. We don't know what could happen once we leave. There is one thing for certain - the Shepherds will still have the numbers. There are still a lot of them left. Ones besides just this - at least one more besides him. And Mata-Nui knows how many Caretakers!""Once we escape, we can't stop then. We have to keep fighting. Only once all of the Shepherds are gone can we stop. Otherwise, we'll simply be slowly picked off, one by one, one at a time, until either we're back on the island or dead. And no more easy ways out either. It'll be for life. We have to take the initiative we have now and act on it, because there are no second chances.""We need to think up our plans now about what happens next. Who are the most trustworthy? Who is the most powerful against groups? Who can take out the Caretakers the easiest? Who is the one most likely to sell us out for their own personal desires."He looked around. "This needs to be cleared up before we leave. Because once we do, it's nothing but fighting until the end."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

-==IC: Desiana//Oasis Ruins==-Desiana nodded, and went to go grab some food quickly, so that the two new recruits wouldn't starve.They should be helpful. Desiana thought with a smile, as he grabbed the food, and headed back to where the two were.

IC: Saylt - Oasis RuinsHe took a cautious bite of the food, then proceeded to gorge himself on it. 'Mmm, not exactly what we used to have in the village, but good none the less. Thank you.' Feeling much better than he did three minutes ago, he stood up and stretched a bit. 'Ok, we need to revive Danave. Have you got smelling salts or something to that effect?' He clicked his fingers. 'I have an idea! Do you guys have a Psionicist around here?'

BZPRPG Profiles

-==IC: Desiana//Oasis Ruins==-Desiana paused, and looked around."Yes, one moment." Desiana said with a nod, and frowned."Amalia! Where are you?" Desiana called out, altering the volume of her voice a bit so that she could reach the Psionics Toa, wherever she was.

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes, With Desiana and SuchIC:

Trian and Felix had, of course, gone with the others. Why not? Felix could easily carry whoever it was. So they were there, with the vortixx saying, "Desiana! Let them ride Felix. He can easily carry their weight."Or they were then. Because time had progressed while ToD was busy. So now the two were with the others, with the vortixx knelt beside Danave. "Hmm... I have some herbs that could probably help in my pack. Just give me a minute."OOC: Gah, why do I have a life?Edited to be consistent

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Saylt - Oasis Ruins'Thanks, but I think in her state she needs someone to go into her mind and wake her from there. She's not responding to any external stimuli whatsoever. Only a Psionicist can help, which reminds me, where the heck is this Amalia you called for?'

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Void - Parched Wastes/Oasis Ruins/WoL BaseVoid crouched down, inspecting the shattered corpse of Suicavel. The bounty hunter wasn't sure whether to smile or howl. The demon that had plagued him was finally dead, but at another's hand.The Vortixx snorted his resentment, then stood up and moved on. No point dwelling on the past, when there was future fights to look to.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

-==IC: Desiana//Oasis Ruins==-Desiana frowned."I don't honestly know." Desiana said, with a shrug. She thought for a moment."I assume that a cold bucket of water won't work?" Desiana said, but then paused."... Wait, nevermind, we need to save that for now." She said, and frowned again, not sure what to do.

Trian and Felix/WoL Base, With Desiana and SuchIC:

"Well, no matter what, we need to get moving. We can revive this chick on the way. Amalia will be somewhere in the group she decided, unless she left because the RPG is ending," said Trian waving some strong medicinal herbs under Danave's nose just in case. "Felix can carry her with us."

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Saylt, Danave - Oasis RuinsThe herbs had awoken her, but only her mind. Her body remained unconscious. She reached out to the mind closest to hers, one that she understood. Saylt.He began slowly sinking to the ground. 'Hey guys, I think I'm fainting......' He fell, his skull bouncing off the floor.His eyes snapped open, and he found himself surrounded by white. He stood, and looked around in horror. 'What the.... oh no. Oh, Mata Nui, NO!!' This was where the Shepherds of Flesh had lead their assault on his village. This was where the Blizzard Pack was slayed. This was where Saylt was captured. He immediately drew his Wolf-Fang Sword, and created his favourite shape of Ice Blade upon its hilt, a two-metre long serrated blade, its crystalline structure, gleaming with what light shone through the snowstorm. 'Danave!!!' He turned just in time to see a sword get run through her chest. Then time seemed to rewind. In fact, it did. Up until 5 minutes before the battle. 'Danave, what the heck is going on? Why are we here?!'She sighed. 'We're not here. We're still in the Oasis Ruins. This is a mindscape, inside my head. I took you into it because I thought you could help me out of it.' He looked around, as if to confirm their location. 'But why here, of all places?!' She drew her Talon Dagger in anger. 'Because I was curious! One night in Shadowtangle, when we were with Isjir in the treetops, before I woke you for your shift on watch, I went into your mind, and found this!' She started sobbing. 'You were so valiant, so brave in your battle against these Makutaspawn! I've tried everything to get out of this, every single variable solution to this battle, so it can end and I can wake up. I've won, I've died, over and over! NOTHING WORKS!!!' He grabbed her by the collar of her armor and lifted her into the air. 'Except one thing! How do you think I ended up on the Island?!' The distant sound of the footsteps of an army slowly approached. 'Here they come. Let's finish this.'The clash of blade against blade, and blade against armour rung in the air. 'How are you holding up?' Saylt yelled, whilst parrying then slaying a soldier. 'I'm fine, let's just hope this ends-AHHHHHHHH!!!!!' Saylt spun around, to find Danave on the ground, a sword embedded in her shoulder. 'No!' He looked around to the Shepherds' Soldiers, and snarled. He flew into a berserker rage, effortlessly smiting scores upon scores of soldiers, his animalistic roars heard every-so-often. But they kept coming. There seemed to be no end. Then his eyes flickered in realisation. 'This isn't how it's supposed to be.' He sheathed his sword... and stood. His arms out to his sides, he yelled at the soldiers 'Take me! This is how it ends, TAKE ME!!!' A blow to the back of the head, and he was being dragged to a waiting transport. Danave looked up at him, still wounded on the ground. 'Saylt? What's happen-' He interrupted her. 'This is how it ends. I gave up. I'm not valiant or brave, I'm none of those. I'm a coward. And this is all I deserve.' They shoved him into the transport, and slammed the doors shut.Danave and Saylt both gasped awake at the same time. Saylt immediately curled into a ball, and wept.

BZPRPG Profiles