The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Void Void laughed, 'Number one: They got the message, those Observers work on a live wire system. The Shepherds saw and heard everything as it was happening. Thay might as well have been here. Number two: Either way, we don't know what will happen. We don't know if they'll come, when they'll come etc.'He paused for a second, 'You would make a fine Vortixx, you know, that Nostala.'-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Myr: It's okay. =P Just wanted to mention that everyone's already split up, so Lev's group is already carrying him away. =PLev: The one with Kairan, Plagia, Desiana and Orssa. =) Kairan snuck into that group, though. =P-==IC: Kairan//Walking, Walking, Always Walking==-Kairan thought of everything, and then nodded, seemingly randomly, to himself."Let's do this." Kairan muttered, as he was actually getting himself ready for the fight against that Makuta.

IC - Nostala - Yawning Sunder: "Is that a compliment?" the Artanian asked as they began to cross the bridge to Shadowtangle. "Anyway, that's precisely why destroying it was a bad idea. What if they had planned on telling us to meet them at a different coast?" She stepped off of the bridge, looking at the vast jungle for a moment before heading in. "Regardless, I suppose you have a point: We won't know until we get there."She pushed against a cluster of branches...IC - Okena - Shadowtangle: Okena stopped. He narrowed his eyes, looking to his right."Interesting," he said. "I've jsut detected... two Toa. One of them carrying the other." He placed a hand on a tree, as if trying to reach out even further with his powers. "Wonder what that could be about..." He looked at Hexxon. "Not Arillan, surely?"

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Trian and Felix/Walking with Their GroupIC:

Was freedom too much of a hope? Were they scrounging for straws to try and keep their sanity? How would they ever win a battle against the Caretakers and a makuta - and, for that matter, probably at least half of Patronage? Trian sighed, shaking her head.

Jontan and Rastaque/Following Levacious's groupIC:

Jontan was rather miffed that nobody had apparently died in their attack. But still, they seemed to be doing something now - and, even better, splitting into different groups. For some reason, that stupid toa with the jetpack had a chain, and they had spoken to an observer... Was that a blacklisted guy? Yes, the hybrid-toa believed that he was... Jontan smiled, planning to steal the capture. He motioned to Rastaque, and they followed at a fair distance, staying stealthy and out of sight.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

OOC: :o>=)Jontan is about to make a huge mistake...IC - Nostala - Shadowtangle: Nostala nodded and continued walking, pushing her way through the jungle as she and Void headed toward Haven Cove, unaware of the two Toa following after them. though she did note that there was something... different about the place now. Was it the fact that Suicavel was dead, and no longer bore an overbearing presence in the place?She didn't know. But as long as she could get through without losing anything -- such as Levacius or her weapons (or an arm) -- she didn't particularly care.IC - Okena - Shadowtangle: "And now there's a Vortixx with them," Okena added, noting the new being that had entered the jungle and, as a result, touched the trees and grass in some way. He pointed to his left. "They seem to be going toward Haven Cove. Why, however? That is... unusual..." He began walking toward the trio, using his powers to silently create a path for himself and Hexxon; at the same time he activated his mask, turning vrtually unseeable in the complex surroundings around him; little more than an Arthron or some other sort of sonar would notice his presence."Come," he said to Hexxon.He hadn't felt their presence through the thousands of plants yet, but when Rastaque and Jontan entered Shadowtangle after Nostala and her group, Okena would know, as his area of influence still spanned for quite a ways around himself...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Parched WastesGreel continued to march with his group into the distance. Once they had gotten far enough, they would turn around and head for the mountains. Or we could just turn around now..."To the Cove," he announced to his group, already moving in that direction.IC: AshringBack in Ashring, Vertan had amussed himself by humming a tune and thinking of the many was he could break his enemies. Reptak had took to planning out some of his own ideas, etching into the volcanic rock some notes, and sometimes rubbing the words out with his hand.Several times throughout the seemingly eternal night, the red Skakdi glanced up at the map to check up on the black marker, making sure it was where it was. Now he looked again, and his eyes seemed to bulge in anger, nearly popping out of his skull."My prey! Levacius! The Demon Toa -- his marker is gone!" Vertan roared, a large claw pointed at the image overhead.The marker's dissapearance meant only one thing: someone had captured the Toa.They have robbed me of my chance to obliterate my enemy! That means they must be off to the beach -- the pick up point!Not about to let someone walk away with his Toa, Vertan sped off south, to the Sunder, using the intense heat from all around to levitate above the ground. Reptak crumbled to his cloud form and followed.IC: ShadowtangleHexxon slowed down the new path and closed his eyes. His mind probed the area, searching out for the ones Okena had found. To conserve energy, he performed a quick, effective mental search of one of the beings' minds. The Toa of Psionics smiled, opening his eyes. "Not the Patronage Toa, but others,'' he said to his partner. "You were right -- something big is about to happen. I'll elaborate on that as we go... "He saw Okena disappear, but still felt his mind next to him. So he felt the need to hide in this place? Well, maybe that was for some reason. Hexxon activaded his powers again, cloaking his presence to all watching, allowing him to move around unnoticed by others.

Without Trian prodding, Felix followed directly behind Rocky and Greel. He wasn't stupid. The vortixx seemed lost in thought anyways.

Jontan and Rastaque/Following Levacious's Group at a DistanceIC:

Jontan activated his x-ray vision, following the group with ease. As soon as they set foot at Haven Cove, they'd be consumed by sand... then they'd be his. He had no idea of Okena's sensing Rastaque and him.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC - Nostala - Shadowtangle: Nostala continued to walked. Not far now...IC - Okena - Shadowtangle: Okena raised an eyebrow as he felt something else brush against the trees. He waited a moment, coming to a halt, as the newcomers touched more leaves...He frowned as the leaves brushed against Jontan's jar of dirt, and immediately unlatched his slingshot. Now that was an unmistakable object."Looks like Jontan has finally left his safe haven," the Toa of Plant Life said quietly, shifting the direction he was walking in. "Feel free to establish a mental connection now, Hexxon..." What a fool, he thought. He's following the same path as those other three... Probably expects to take the reward for himself. He clenched his hand around one of his metal marbles. This, however, is my domain; I'm not about to let him get through it...He didn't attack yet; once he was sure that Hexxon was prepared for a fight, he would lash out with as much force as he could muster -- which wouldn't be hard, given the sheer amount of plants around. Yes; a distraction was all he needed, something to keep the sand Toa's senses off of the surrounding area. Then he would shoot...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Plagia SimulPlagia grinned, before running towards the dark jungles of Shadowtangle, 'Good luck Greel!''Alright, let's get this show on the road,' she shouted at the rest of the group.IC: Rynekk SimulRynekk smiled at his sister. She was so cheerful and carefree, he truly wished her safe passage out of here.At that point, he swore to himself, that no matter what happened, Plagia would be free, and away from this island.'Good luck sister,' he whispered.IC: VoidVoid watched Nostala navigate the jungle. He was impressed with her. Anyone who could threaten him while looking him in the eye was someone to watch out for.'You would make a good Vortixx: That's a compliment and an insult, depending on how you look at it,' he said, much less rougher than usual.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

What Okena didn't know was who exactly was with Jontan. The hybrid-toa could hold his own anywhere due to his jar and his ability to grind things into sand, of course. But who really shined at forest combat?Rastaque, of course. The assassin was a toa of air, naturally agile and at home in the trees. He could duck, dodge, weave and fly through the trees like nobody's business. They truly were a perfect team for the island, one at home in the forest, and the other in the desert.

-==IC: Kairan//Shadowtangle==-Kairan nodded with a smile, as he ran after Plagia quickly.I won't let anyone get killed... Everyone will get off this island, in one piece. Kairan thought, even as he moved through the jungle as quickly as he could.

IC: ShadowtangleHexxon sensed the minds of Rastaque and Jontan enter the area. Well, looks like it's time for 'Kill a Toa Patronage' for us. Using his Kualsi, he vanished from the spot, leaving Okena alone. Hexxon changed his position, going up and behind their prey, far enough so that neither noticed. He was close enough to still detect the minds of Jontan, Rastaque, and Okena. Once he stopped, he reached out to a cluster of foliage, lightly brushing against a single leaf with his finger. So gentle was his touch that it barely quivered. This allowed Okena to sense his position, so that he knew his partner wasn't next to him anymore, and that he was ready. Stirring up his powers, the telepathic being prepared for the fight, ready to focus it on one of the moving enemies ahead. IC: Parched WastesThe Yawning Sunder lay ahead of the group. Greel had Rocky increase speed to get there faster, fast enough for the others to follow. The metallic weaponry of Myr seemed to be racing the Rahi and rider, gliding telekinetically alongside them. IC: Yawning SunderBoth Skakdi had made it to Yawning Sunder. Leaving the eastern tip of Ashring meant Vertan could no longer use its heat to create a thermal updraft, so that left him running on foot while Reptak flew overhead. He rushed across a bride, so fast it shook dangerously under his weight as he moved hastily on it. The forest was up ahead; just a little more hurrying would take them there...

IC - Okena - Shadowtangle: And what Rastaque and Jontan did not realize was that Okena had a mind-bending Toa on his side who, for all intents and purposes, could trick their senses and make them assume that there was absolutely nothing going on around them once the attack beganSo it all worked out. Okena was the master of the jungle; unlike Jontan or Rastaque, it was his very element, and he knew how to use it to his advantage better than they could ever hope to.As soon as Hexxon had made his location known, Okena set to work. There was no latent period where Rastaque or Jontan would guess what was going to happen; Okena knew not to allow that to happen. As such, he forced a large amount of energy into this first attack, aiming to cripple them early.In a matter of seconds, a tight, multi-layered circle of trees erupted from the ground around the two Toa, too thick for Jontan to be able to immediately cut through them all; it would take at least half a minute, if not more, for him to get through all three layers through his sand grinding technique; Okena had learned from their last fight. At the same time, dozens of volatile Madu Cabolo fruit fell from the trees above them. Whatever they hit would cause them to explode on contact, on top of the Patronage member and his lackey.Finally, Okena sunk into the foliage behind and around himself, tightening the plants in a wide circle around the makeshift arena so as to hide himself from detection. Air-detection, a sonic bump, anything of the sort would simply make him appear as another part of the plants around him...IC - Nostala - Shadowtangle/Haven Cove: At long last, the Artanian stepped foot on Haven Cove. Her 'capture' still draped over her shoulder, her disguise still active, she moved to the edge of the beach, focusing on the ocean and choosing not to reply to Void -- at least for now.She narrowed her eyes slightly as she searched for the Shepherds ship. Probably won't be here for a little while, she assumed. Still... I need to figure out how to keep them occupied if they get here before the others do...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan//Shadowtangle==-Kairan continued to run through Shadowtangle, as he hoped that they would reach Haven Cove soon.How ironic... The place where it all started in terms of the rebellion, is the place where it shall end. Kairan thought with a little chuckle, as he continued to run there.OOC: Good game, and I hope it returns next contest. =)

An assassin never let his guard fall, and Jontan had a knack for seeing things through a secondary pair of eyes. The hybrid-toa immediately set to work grinding the trees, only to realize that the madu cabolo were coming upon them. He quickly crouched with Rastaque, his sand covering the two while simultaneous gouging a hole underneath them. This protected them from all but the heat wave of the massive explosion that ensued.This heat wave, however, was buffered by Rastaque, who used an air current to keep it and the glass now in existence from hitting them. He leaped from, the hole and crouched a bio or so from the hole, feeling for any other attack.Jontan's supply of sand had greatly diminished, of course, but he was quickly grinding more from the charred earth. That was a lot of fruit, and the now vaporized trees had only partly stopped it. They were now in a clearing of ash; smoke, sky, and raining debris were above and around them, though his x-ray vision would help with that.The question was, who just tried that? They would have been successful in blowing either of the two alone into karzahni... and they hadn't noticed the attack until it happened. So where were they, who were they, and how many were there?

"What the karzahni was that?" Trian asked, staring at the mushroom cloud that had suddenly appeared over the Shadowtangle. "I hope that didn't have to do with our group..."

IC - Okena - Shadowtangle: So they had survived. That wasn't surprising.Okena wasn't done yet, however. He summoned vines -- lots and lots of vines, all around Rastaque and Jontan, growing rapidly in the outer circle of where they stood. Then the vines began to whip and twitch madly, as more and more Madu Cabolo appeared in the trees around them. The vines acted as makeshift launchers, dozens of them picking the fruit from the trees and hurling them at the two Toa, one after another after another after another, from every direction but up and down.It was a tiring effort, but it was bound to have an effect sooner or later. Primarily, they were aimed to keep Jontan too busy to create more sand, at the same time getting rid of his current supply. And with an eventual attack from Hexxon, it wouldn't take long...

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: ShadowtangleHexxon didn't need to worry about Air detection where he was. For one, it would be difficult to find someone in such a crowded place with all the trees and plants. Another reason, he was almost tall enough to be a small tree, and he was standing close to one anyway, so he might as well felt like a part of it. He was far enough from the explosives, and the trees had protected him somewhat. Even if he was standing near the pair, the smoke did not keep him from acting or sensing them. His mental powers guided him, letting him know the exact positions of Jontan and Rastaque. Instead of a mental attack, however, Hexxon turned his Avsa on Jontan, draining his energy and strength slowly, so not as make the absorption noticeable. It was a weaker type, so that must have helped to some degree. He would refrain from using his powers further until the time was right. He didn't want to give away the element of surprise yet. IC: Yawning Sunder"Whoever it was is gone now, Myr," Greel said, seeing no one up ahead. He continued to rush to the jungle. The bridge across the canyon was strong enough to last their journey over it.IC: ShadowtangleThe two Skakdi hurried through the jungle, moving along its eatern side to the beach.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Plagia SimulPlagia looked out over Haven Cove, smiling. It was so beautiful at this time of day. This was it. The end. This was the final chapter of her story in the Island of Pain.'Alright then mates, let's make this a fight to remember!'OOC: I hand off control of my characters for the battle to anyone who will take them. Use them well, and fight on. :lol:-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: ShadowtangleAs Rocky ran through the twilight of Shadowtangle, Greel reflected on his time here. Before arriving, he had been a lone wanderer, traveling from place to place just watching the world work. His journeys were halted when the Shepherds of Flesh entered his life and herded him into the rest of their flocks of slaves. That was where the fun began. So unlike the outside Universe as he had told Nostala and Kairan, Greel had found delight in these games; the rush of battle, the victory over enemies by outsmarting them. But over time, the stress the island seemed to radiate had worn down these feelings, resulting in fights being too dangerous to see as fun. Ever since the annoyance of Suicavel, the appearance of Jontan and his needle-wielding friend, and other threats he felt the fear the place projected. He wasn't liking it. But still, if he didn't come here, if he didn't survive those conflicts, he would never have met all his comrades -- his friends. Not many of those prior to his arrival here. Greel wouldn't have discovered Rocky, whose mane he delicately petted. He was such a good pet, a good friend. With one swift hand motion, he tore off the reins of plant matter from Rocky's mouth. He didn't deserve these anymore. Greel could trust his cat to act nice without pain. After each day on this isle, he had always reminded himself that he was still alive, and that the progress of survival was successful. Won't be needing to say that much longer. Indeed, for the path and mission ahead was either life or death, which was coming close. One that he would share with all his friends. He wished all those who didn't make it were here with them, to fight for their freedom. This isn't the end. We made it this far and can surely finish off the threat of the slavers. One day we may become legends in history, our names carved into stone with all the other heros. Or we might end up as whispers and myths of the mad if we fail. But that won't happen. We fight to the end, succeed where others lost. We won't fail, I know it. Together, united we stand, we rush onto the battlefield to win.

IC: Kopraga / Toothy Bane"Something..." Kopraga hissed. "Is about to happen. Something I cannot explain."He looked out over the blackness of Toothy Bane. "But what?"IC: Levacius / Haven CoveLevacius was still out, but not yet down. He was muttering incoherently it seemed.IC: Elynirus / ShadowtangleElynirus stopped as the group came upon the wreckage of a wooden hut."I remember this place..." she said. "This is where I lived before... meeting you. Whenever I met you. It was destroyed; that's why I left and sought out others, or a new home."She stopped, then looked down bitterly. "I remember it all again. And one memory is stronger than all...""The Shepherds cannot win. We need to move quicker!"IC: Arillan / Shoreline of Toothy Bane; in Mountain CaveArillan looked out into the waters off the coast. They were still, calm. Not revealing what the problems of the island were.He sat, hovering in a meditative stance now. Currents of wind combined with a lowering of gravity allowed him to hover there in place, thinking.An observer hovered down. Rather than shoo it away, he allowed it to stay there, watching him with its eye."Tell me, Shepherds." he said calmly. "What is your plan? For us to stay here forever, hunting your captives for you? Not a very impressive goal, to say the very least possible..."The Observer continued to float there. He doubt the Shepherds heard - it was there only to watch him."I'm a more efficient killer outside, you know. Yet you hold me here, in this prison island. For enjoyment? No, more... I don't know what yet, but something."The Observer floated away. This time, he created a powerful gust of wind that pulled it in, then slammed it down with gravity. Leaving his stance of meditation, he walked over and picked it up, relieving the gravity effects. He stared into its eye."Know this, Shepherds. You do poorly in choosing servants from your list of enemies."Turning the robot around, he pushed it out, and watched it hover away.OOC: B6 will be closing this down soon. :|-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OOC: Well, it's still alive, so I may as well end it with a bang.

Jontan and Rastaque/ShadowtangleIC:

More plants, more fruit... Jontan seemed to completely ignore that, grinding the rocks and the plants into sand and dust quickly racking up a good amount of the stuff.Rastaque took the job of dealing with the plants. He created a powerful wind all around them, sweeping the madu cabolo into its current. More wind, more wind, to keep the explosives flying. Soon, there was a rather large amount of the fruit, and the strain of keeping them all flying around them was great.Jontan scanned the area, looking for telltale signs of an attacker of plantlife. A larger tree, denser growth, extremely dense growth, in which was something that was either a somewhat oddly-shaped bush or a living being... Yes, he had to be there. The hybrid-toa raised sand into a line providing a direct path of fire for Rastaque.The assassin's mask glowed as he smiled. Then, he changed the wind, creating a strong gust that would blow the madu cabolo in a straight line toward their target. The first explosion tore through the foliage, then the next, and the next, more and more, until The area where Okena happened to be was another clearing of ash and smoke, the rapid explosions creating even more fire, which spread through the forest rapidly. By the end of this, half the forest would be burned to ash.A wonderful prospect... thought Jontan with a grin.

OOC: Sand is made of tiny rocks; plants are not. You can't grind plants into sand. ;3IC - Okena - Shadowtangle: Perhaps that was what would have happened -- had Okena not reacted. Immediately upon contact with the plants that hid him (which, thanks to his mask, made him impossible to physically see, especially through the extremely thick foliage that he had created all around the battlefield specifically to assist in that -- not just where he was) the Madu Cabolo disappeared, being reabsorbed and turned back into elemental energy.Elemental energy that, in excess, made the next move possible.As one, the surrounding jungle closed in on the two opposing Toa -- trees, vines, bushes, grass, everything that Okena could put his influence into, moving forward, pressing, pressing harder and harder. Jontan could grind at them all day, Rastaque could use his wind to try and stop them, but their sheer force and numbers would distract the Toa regardless; there was no conceivable way for them to get out of the mess of plant matter without at least a scratch or two on their armor.Meanwhile, as they seemed to have somehow located him despite his precautions, Okena slunk back into the foliage and moved into a different position, his control over the surrounding plants and his Mask of Chameleon allowing him to make it seem as if there was nothing moving within them at all. Nothing short of a mental detection or a being with enhanced hearing would notice his movement -- especially if, say, the two Toa he was fighting would have to also overcome the loudness of the moving forest and their own attacks, on top of the obscuring branches and other such things of the plants in question.Okena might as well have teleported.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Caretakers began popping into place around Haven Cove, the bulk of their bodies in navy blue with splashes of silver and green on their limbs.With no way of telling the group when to arrive the Shepherds were apparently setting out an envoy as soon as they could. The Pale Burnak breached the Dome, sailing through it as though it didn't even exist. He had got here remarkably fast. Suspiciously fast even...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Plagia Simul - Shadowtangle/Haven CovePlagia jerked her head, 'C'mon guys, we've got a schedule to keep her!'She notched an arrow, aiming it at the ship.IC: Void - Shadowtangle/Haven CoveVoid narrowed his gaze as he saw the ship, and said to Nostala, 'He's early. Your diagnosis, doctor?'-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: This is still open? Odd... but great!IC: ShadowtangleHexxon continued siphoning strength and energy slowly from the Patronage Toa. From here, the battle sounded as if it was intensifying. Perhaps he could subtly affect the minds of their opponents....Deciding to add to the din the forest was creating from Okena's attack, Hexxon reached out mentally to the mind of Rastaque, and projected noise identical to the snapping and bending and creaking the plant matter all around them was making. Not only was it a stealthy attack, but it would also greatly distract the Toa of Air from acting against the compressing foliage. IC: Shadowtangle/Toothy BaneDue to Greel's cautiousness, none of the equipment of Myr was harmed. And at the speed they moved at, the group arrived at a forrested section of Toothy Bane. The ground was more even here, and the beach was not too far -- if they hurried."Get ready, Myr, to use your powers. You'll need to crush Caretakers as fast as you can," he said. Then he had Rocky push forward. They would be arriving at a spot good near the beach soon. Hopefully Rynekk's group is in place under the sea, because we're about to begin the liberation.IC: Toothy Bane/Haven Cove Vertan and Reptak stood among the grey rocks of the area east of the mountains. It was the same place they passed when he delievered Reya to his masters.Already the Skakdi could see Caretakers roaming the Cove. His enemy was going to be delievered!No, he's mine! Vertan thought, quietly creeping to the white sands, but hidden by boulders.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Toothy Bane Traveling a little closer allowed them to see below. He was right -- Caretaker were certainly present on Haven Cove. Looking over at the sea, Greel saw the clipper sailing toward the island. Good, at this height, Klax and Myr could incapacitate the robots with ease and without notice. And while that happened, Rynekk and Sarkan and the rest of his group could take care of the crew. "Our prey is coming," he whispered. "Just wait for the Shepherd to emerge and after he speaks. Then, once the Vortixx and Nostala act, destroy the machines."

IC - Nostala - Haven Cove: Nostala didn't let her surprise at the sudden appearance of the Caretakers show. Instead, she merely diverted her vision -- for a fleeting moment, one at a time -- to Levacius, and then the likely spots where the other groups would be setting up, playing it off as if she were checking for more Caretakers or competitors.Finally, she looked at the ship -- and frowned."You know," she said simply, her tone unnervingly calm as she leaned on her first staff. "I think there's a strong possibility that we may very well have just walked into their hands."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png