The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC:Susik

Susik told her tale of how she was attacked by the Shepherds and ended up in the crate. "So how did you end up chained to the wall?" She asked.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: Mataik-Haven Cove

He listened to, the now apparent female, as she told her story.

"I too was captured by the Shepherds, and they took my mask and chained me here." He answered. "By the way would you mined helping me down."

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="sonyaxe" data-cid="488228" data-time="1357692061"><p>OOC: My bad, I forgot to say that my last post here was @ Ketru. :P<br /> <br />IC: "That depends on your perspective. To the shepherds, I am the most annoying prisoner they had ever captured. Here though, I am just a person fighting for survival. My name is Zaak, Toa of Plasma." Zaak said. Suddenly, there was a loud *CRASH*. I couldn't tell what it was, so I turned to the Toa I was talking to. "So who are you, and do you know what the heck that was?" </p></blockquote>IC Ketru"My name is Ketru and I am too a prisoner of this island. And no, I don't no what that was." Cautiously approaching the site of the crash, he activated his mask. Instantly, his view of the world changed and a visor like reticule appeared in his field of vision. Activating his mask, he started to scan the... thing.

IC: Zaak

"What the Karzani is that? I've never seen one before... No! I have seen one, long ago. One was terrorizing a village near me, but it was much larger, and shot fire, and it had masks... all... over it... Karz. That is an adolescent Kanohi Dragon!" Zaak shouted in fear, backpedaling rapidly.

OOC: Just go with it. I flipped through a book of Rahi with my eyes closed, landed on Kanohi dragon. Sue me.

IC: Susik

'Make sure not to give his mask yet, you don't know if you can trust him.' The Biohesive told Susik. "I'll get you down but I hope you understand I'm not letting you have your mask back yet." She told the being hanging on the wall as she grabbed his mask and put it on, she then made a sword of biohesive and crystalized it. Using her new strength and sword she easily cut through his bonds. "I'm Susik."

IC: Monik

Monik was getting tired of being ignored "HELLO!" He screamed mentally into Wullus and Jilsud's heads.

Edited by Takanuvainika

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

Mataik dropped to the floor. "Yes I understand." He said. He had watched her make a sword, and use a mask, giving him some insight of what she could do. Also she did not stab him while he was on the wall, and acted politely, that could be a good sign.

"But I think it would be a good idea to try and escape before the guards come back, which means, I would appreciate a weapon to fight back with." He said than glancing as at her sword.

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

lhikan_banner.png

Monik was impressed that these two could ignore him so well, so he telekinetically picked up and launched a heap of small stones at Wullus and Jilsud. "Are you alive?" He asked.

IC: Susik

'Should I give him a weapon?' Susik thought. 'Yes, if he tries anything we could turn it into liquid of use it against him.' The Biohesive answered. To Mataik it would look like she hesitated for a second before making a nearly identical sword to the one she already had and tossing it to him. "Good idea." She said, walking to the hatch, if Mataik was paying close attention he would see the eyes of the snake patterns on her shoulders open slightly to watch him. Susik held her hand near the hatch and forced a thin stream of biohesive through the cracks, on deck the biohesive formed into a tiny snake which serveyed the deck before retreating through the cracks. 'There is one being on deck with a sword and a sickle. I can't tell if he is a Shepherd or not.' The Biohesive told her. "There's one being on deck with a sword and a sickle." She relayed to Mataik.

IC: Inta and pets

As his modification was complete; Inta released his power onto the stone rats.'Now they will be more then a match for those robots.' He thought. "Lets get them." He said, with that the rats fell upon the wall and within seconds they had broken through. As Inta stepped out into the light he spotted a caretaker firing lightning at the battle below, he pointed at it and the modified rats snuck up on it from behind and attacked.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

OOC: Gah, sorry Takanuvainka, I didn't see your earlier posts.

IC: Jilsud, Yawning Sunder

As a stone bounced off the side of Jilsud's head, he finally turned to Monik, his insane grin slowly returning. "Alive? Yes, I think I am. But then again, who am I to decide? It's all realitve, you know. Subjective reality."

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Kairan hit the Makuta with a sickening crunch. It was not, however, anything of his. The momentum behind his protosteel weapon had been enough to skewer one of the Makuta's joints. Small wisps of antidermis were leaking out from the edges of the slice. Kairan had no time to celebrate his victory though, as the Makuta used the physical contact to channel his poison powers, a pulse of eerie green energy flashing up the sword and engulfing Kairan.

Danave's attack was rebounded upon her yet again. She was against a being of higher power and infinitely more experience than she, trying to brute force her way past the Makuta's mental defences simply wasn't going to work.

Greel had kore success, his telekinetic blow striking like an uppercut, knocking the Makuta's Kanohi askew but not quite off his body. Straightening it with a free hand, he nodded at Vertan, signalling the Skakdi to deal with Levacius.

Nostala's whole body felt like it was aflame. Armour screamed and organics squelched as they warped and buckled under the venom's grip. Her right arm and, oddly, left leg, started to swell and bulge, armour folding into jagged spikes. She heard her spine snap as it cracked into the hunched pose of a Hordika and sprouted a rhotuka launcher. It became harder to breathe as her Kanohi fused with her face and her thinning waist put strain on her lungs. The tail of her back started to stretch out into a thick but prehensile tail. Contrasting with this expansion was a constriction in her feet, which were becoming cloven hooves. Her bulging right arm sprouted a tangle of claws. The transformations started to taper off, but as the pain began to recede white-hot fury took its place...

Inta's stone rat ambush lasted a few moment's before the Caretaker just blasted the rodents. The chain lightning bounced from rat to rat, and with enough voltage to give a Skakdi serious trouble, the rats had no chance. They all dropped, some outright dead, the tougher ones just unconscious

7AOYGDJ.jpg

-==IC: Kairan==-"Aah!" Kairan yelled out, as the poison flared into him. Growling, Kairan staggered back, and panted, wincing from the poison."Yeah, bad idea." Kairan said, as he raised his arm, and fired off a bolt of lightning at the Makuta quickly.I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this up now...OOC: Just a random type of poison?

IC: As Myr dispatched a Caretaker with an explosive bolt, he briefly glanced at Vertan. The Skakdi, apparently, wished to direct his attention on Levacius. The Toa of Iron would have none of it. He picked up two of the explosive bolts and hurled them end over end at the Makuta. He looked around and sprinted along the fringes of the battle, meaning to keep the Leader of the wolves out of enemy hands.

OOC: Greel, explosive bolt, my last post?

OOC: I need to be a bit more thorough about my reading.

Edited by Killer_Myr

IC: Haven Cove

The Skakdi, upon recieving consent from the Shepherd, raised his lustrous sword and roared at Levacius. Noting the water splashed across the Toa's body from the waves, Vertan increased the temperature of this moisture significantly, causing it to boil to a scalding degree. It was a sure way to make each movement painful with burns.

"Finally, I will end your arrogant life," Vertan sneered, his yellow eyes flaring with determination and energy. "Right here, at the climax of your grand attempt at escape."

IC: Haven Cove

Greel frowned when he found his attack had only succeeded in forcing the Makuta's Kanohi into a crooked position. Already he began preparing another assault of telekinetic nature, but became distracted by the sudden metamorphisis that occured nearby.

"Nostala... ?" Greel breathed in both surprise and fright.

Nostala's whole body felt like it was aflame. Armour screamed and organics squelched as they warped and buckled under the venom's grip. Her right arm and, oddly, left leg, started to swell and bulge, armour folding into jagged spikes. She heard her spine snap as it cracked into the hunched pose of a Hordika and sprouted a rhotuka launcher. It became harder to breathe as her Kanohi fused with her face and her thinning waist put strain on her lungs. The tail of her back started to stretch out into a thick but prehensile tail. Contrasting with this expansion was a constriction in her feet, which were becoming cloven hooves. Her bulging right arm sprouted a tangle of claws. The transformations started to taper off, but as the pain began to recede white-hot fury took its place...

I.... am.... beastly. >=)

(Literally)

IC - Okena - Shadowtangle: "I suppose it's a possibility," Okena replied. "A fight of this magnitude, however, may provide us with an opportunity to gather a bit more equipment." He held his mechanical arm to the side, the slingshot within extending from it and into the palm of his hand. "We may even be able to finish off whoever survives... It's up to you, though..."

IC - Nostala - Haven Cove: Pounding of blood like the beat of a drum filled Nostala's ears as she lay, panting, in the sand, fingers and claws clenching and releasing fistfuls of the stuff with each breath. Every inch of the Artanian Hordika's body burned, pain mixing with utter confusion and detachment of body as he mind began to rework itself, connecting the dots with what had happened, attempting to familiarize herself with the changes to her body--the loss of her mask, which had fused to her face and morphed her features so that they bore similarities to those of a for, and the tail that momentarily lay limp behind her, before lashing up and down, creating thick grooves in the sand.

All of this was beginning to come into focus, dispelling the burning, the agony of the Hordika Mutation, until Nostala felt herself returning to the conscious world. She raised her head up, her mouth opening slightly as she took in a deep, shaky breath of air that smelt of saltwater and smoke. Slowly, the Wolf opened her violet eyes, turning her beast-like head toward the battle nearby, feeling the animal fury growing hotter in her chest. Nostala lifted her enlarged arm, examining her newly-formed talons for a moment before grasping the metal bow staff embedded in the ground, pulling it toward her. The staff was surprisingly light in her hand, its weight evenly distributed throughout its structure.

"Nostala... ?"

The Hordika ignored Greel, eyes set on the Makuta further down the beach. Through the grizzly voice hissing within her mind, Nostala knew this to be the enemy. And so, with a snarl, she stood, taking a tentative step forward. Unused to the lopsidedness caused by her enlarged leg, as well as the hooves that had replaced her feet, she stumbled slightly, though managed to regain her balance as she broke into a brisk, four-footed trot, the action quickly transforming into a full-out charge. She leaped at the Makuta from behind, using her enhanced strength to her advantage, and swung her staff at his head. While the action might have looked like an attempt to dislodge his mask, she was not interested in doing so.

No; she had only one goal in mind now. And that was to kill.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Levacius / Haven Cove

Levacius aimed shook himself as the water struck him. He looked at Vertan and smiled. "Listen, ugly, I don't think you understand a thing. You are not my enemy, or my equal, or my nemesis, or anything climactic. For me, you were Tuesday."

With that, he drew one of his swords and made use of his very best and most exciting talents. Electrical energy suddenly gathered up, causing a blinding white light from the pure flash of it that would temporarily blind everyone who saw it - he closed his eyes for the blast - and possibly longer for the shadow users both aerial and on terra firma.

The lightning flash was done as soon as it happened, but not the powerful blast of electricity which emerged in forks - three bolts, one aimed at the Makuta that was so close to him, while the other two flew towards Vertan. Manipulated by his will, they did not strike the Skakdi, but instead moved away from him before suddenly coming back together and slpintering apart to form a cage of pure electrical energy around the fire Skakdi, sending the occasional shock to fly at him just to keep him from focusing enough to use any powers to specify heat sources on the field - not that he really could, considering what his prison was, but generally serving only one purpose - as long as Levacius kept it in place, it would keep Vertan from seeing the field or influencing it, as the pure power it was formed of would all directly target it when anything large - that is, Skakdi sized - tried to pass through it, sending enough pure electrical power to either stun Vertan unconscious, kill him, or ruin his nervous system bad enough to keep him out.

Possibly the ultimate insult that the lightning Toa could have left for his enemy.

He was met by some surprise to look at his sword and find... it wasn't a sword any more. The blast of power he had released was strong enough to distort his own protosteel weapon even before it was split. The hilt was still okay, but the blade... was not curved, bent, partially melted in some places, and overall too brittle to be used as a weapon. Tossing it aside, he drew forth the other and activated his jetpack, sending himself flying at the Makuta, aiming to slice off his opponents arm and take to the skies.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OOC: Gah, sorry Takanuvainka, I didn't see your earlier posts.

As a stone bounced off the side of Jilsud's head, he finally turned to Monik, his insane grin slowly returning. "Alive? Yes, I think I am. But then again, who am I to decide? It's all realitve, you know. Subjective reality."

IC: Wullus

Wullus turned to the assailant. He hefted his broadsword.

"Yes, we are alive. How does that concern you/" Wullus was wary.

Inta started to imagine the changes to make to the rahi; a thicker, more insulated hide, longer claws to ground them better, more conductive armour that led down to their longer claws to channel the electricity away from the body... By the time he was done a blast of chain lightning a little jolt.

OOC: Umm I think you missed this post about the modifications to the stone rats that Inta had made, now the bolt of chain lightning would only give them a small jolt.

"Well, I have been talking to you for the past few minutes and I wanted to make sure you weren't just ghosts or people in my imagination." Monik said with a smile. "And now that you've acknowledged me I know I'm not a ghost either.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

Zaak backpedaled furiously, trying to get out of range of the heat that would inevitably follow, when he saw a single Kanohi on the side of the young, semiconscious dragon. He blinked and stared in disbelief. There was a mask of Rahi control on the Rahi! I made a snap decision, and sprinted towards the mask, knowing that I would last slightly longer than a Toa of Fire in a pool of lava, and prepared to grab the mask and absorb the heat that was starting to emanate from the dragon's body. I dove, reaching for the mask...

OOC: Cliff hanger! also, why should the Kanohi Dragon be on the Island? should it be a Shepherd's trick, or should it be random? (Umm, Lord of Adders Black, could you please, as someone else put it, "set the stage"?

Edited by sonyaxe

“Hmm” Mataik thought for a second. “Pardon me.” He said just before he passed Susik.

He stood for a second before slowly lifting the hatch. He had his head and upper chest showing, with the his sword parallel to him. “Who are you, and what are you doing here?”

OOC: I hope Emissary to the Void shows up soon.

Edited by light Laser

lhikan_banner.png

Inta started to imagine the changes to make to the rahi; a thicker, more insulated hide, longer claws to ground them better, more conductive armour that led down to their longer claws to channel the electricity away from the body... By the time he was done a blast of chain lightning a little jolt.

OOC: Umm I think you missed this post about the modifications to the stone rats that Inta had made, now the bolt of chain lightning would only give them a small jolt.

OOC: No, I just feel those modifications just wouldn't have done anything. Making their hide insulated is useless when you make their armour (ie. about 85% of their body) more conductive. Making claws longer doesn't ground them any better or all you'd need to work in power stations was clown shoes. And conductive armour is only going to help chain lightning bounce around their entire body rather than conducting it where you want

Just a random type of poison?

Same type Lerahk used, since its the same power after all. So either its just going to slowly kill you or maybe turn you against everyone else if it gets to your brain

Cliff hanger! also, why should the Kanohi Dragon be on the Island? should it be a Shepherd's trick, or should it be random? (Umm, Lord of Adders Black, could you please, as someone else put it, "set the stage"?

Sorry, what exactly is it you're wanting me to do here? You seem to be handling this Random Encounter pretty well. I feel I should point out though that Kanohi Dragon scales merely look like Kanohi. They aren't actual Kanohi and don't function like them. In case you were trying to magic up a mask of Rahi control for yourself :P

IC: The Makuta flitted aside with near-impossible agility to avoid the explosive bolts, his dodge power in full effect. However this left him open to Nostala's attack which seemed to stagger him. Apparently he was used to using either his powers or the Caretakers over sheer brute force, and physical combat was a stranger to him. As Kairan's lightning bolt struck, some of the charge was distributed to Nostala, throwing her off. The Makuta used this opportunity to teleport away, leaving Levacius and Myr swiping at thin air. The Wolves were left unsure of where he had rematerialised as his darkness powers kicked in immediately, flooding the area with an impenetrable shadow

7AOYGDJ.jpg

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan, however, was used to this type of tactic by then, and simply shook his head, as he switching back to his Calix, and closed his eyes; attempted to use his other senses to detect the Makuta, where his vision could not help.If it's not one shadow wielder, it's another. Kairan thought with a sigh.

IC: Plagia Simul - Haven Cove

As the singularity pulled me deeper into enemy territory (and into the path of more shrapnel), I flipped myself over onto my stomach, digging the fingers of my left hand into the boulder that had fallen with me. With only a minute amount of elemental energy, I burned myself a niche to grip. With a heave, I threw my right hand over to the same spot, trying to drag myself as far away from the gravity well.

I dug the balls of my feet into the sand, pushing off with them towards the boulder; my saving angel, with determination that could only be described as "fanatical". I was a one-woman congregation of the church of Staying Alive, and this rock was the priest at the altar.

Fortunately, my quiver was still secured to my back, so none of my arrows flew away and risked poking peoples' eyes out (which was, really, the biggest danger they posed.

With one last desperate act, I pushed off of the sand with both legs, dragging myself back to the rock, swinging my body onto it, still clutching at it with white knuckles and bloody fingers. The pain was considerable, I won't deny, but at least I was safe(ish).

And that's exactly when the lights went out.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

IC: Rynekk Simul - Pale Burnak

“Who are you, and what are you doing here?”

I spun around at that, weapons ready to fight whatever was talking to me, should it be a threat. The Island was getting to me -- I was already thinking that every being, every word, every fleeting shadow, was a threat to me or Plagia.

As it turned out, the speaker was a black Pakari and a sword poking out of a hatch. Threat? Possibly. Fellow slave? Also possible.

"Friend or foe?" I asked quickly and bluntly, keeping my sword trained on the newcomer.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: No, I just feel those modifications just wouldn't have done anything. Making their hide insulated is useless when you make their armour (ie. about 85% of their body) more conductive. Making claws longer doesn't ground them any better or all you'd need to work in power stations was clown shoes. And conductive armour is only going to help chain lightning bounce around their entire body rather than conducting it where you want.

OOC: Good point, I should have explaned that better. I meant just their outer armour not all the metal on them and I should have said he built conducters onto their armour to channel the electricity away from the body. And if the conducters are attached to their claws which dig into the ground, it means that the electricity has a direct route to travel rather then going through the rest of the body. Sorry for the confusion.

IC: Inta's rahi

The ice Vermin eventually found a pack of five other Ice vermin, it chittered with them for a little while and convinced them to follow him.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

OOC: My bad, NVM

Zaak grabbed the Kanohi off the dragon, and watched in disbelief as it melted in his hands. He sprinted away from the dragon, suddenly remembering the legends of the FAKE masks on the dragons. But why was one here, and how would it be stopped? Zaak wondered. The dragon, though now fully awake, turned and rose majestically off the ground, gave an earth-shattering roar, and flew towards the sounds of battle that Zaak could hear now that he was focused. After recovering from the wave of heat, Zaak said to Ketru, "Should we follow it?"

"Oh I wouldn't say that." Jilsud said slowly, as he stood up. The movement was bizarre, his gangling frame contorting as he stood, possibly even looking more crooked and sharp-angled than while sitting down. "Who are we to say that none here is a spirit? What proof do we have?"

pNNgXax.jpg

"There is no prove." Monik said with a grin."But then again how do we know if anything really exists, how do we know this universe isn't really a dream."

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC (Shadowtangle): In the dark of Shadowtangle, the earth was moving. Soil was pushing up through the roots of an old dead tree, strangled by hundreds of vines but still standing. Its roots writhed like snakes, pushing out more dirt as they did so. At last, a sound like a gunshot rang out through the forest as a huge crack appeared in the trunk, nearly splitting the tree in two. The split revealed the entrance to a small hollow among the roots. It was hardly even a cave, but three Skakdi emerged from it. They had found the cracked tree the previous evening, and, with a bit of expansion and camouflage using plantlife powers, they had decided it was a good enough spot to grab a few hour rest, safe from marauding rahi and the other dangers of the forest.

Once they had all scrambled out of the hole, one of the three, a tall one with dark green armour, bent down and put his hand on the trunk of a nearby tree. Quickly, a new branch grew out and began sprouting fruit. His companions, however, didn’t look that interested in breakfast – they had had a few too many of Krokk’s apples lately to get very excited. A shorter Skakdi in grey armour turned back towards the split tree and slammed his armoured fist into it. The tree shuddered with the impact but did not fall.

“Really, Malok, do you have to smash everything?” the final member of their party asked in exasperated tones. He was a thin, blue Skakdi who looked even more on edge than the other two.

“Shut ya mouth” the grey Skakdi snapped back, “or you’re next”.

“Ooh, touchy this morning, aren’t we?” Keevak replied with mock concern as he sat down on a rock. “You know, I think this island might be...” he paused to flash derisive grin at Malok “...getting to you”

Malok was about to respond to the taunt when Krokk sighed and tossed an apple at each of them. Those two had been fighting more and more, and Krokk if even half of the stories Krokk had heard about the Island of Pain during his time as a Dark Hunter, they would be needing the energy for other things.

“Save your breath” he told them “And let’s get going. We’re low on water, so we’ll need to find a stream and refill.” He stalked off through the forest and Malok was soon behind him. Finally, Keevak got up of his rock and followed as well.

OOC: Three Skakdi open for interaction.

ppg2.png

IC: Mataik-Pale Burnak

Mataik placed his right hand on the deck of the ship and brought his feet up behind him and up to the deck. When he was finished he was five feet from the hole.

“That depends on who you are.”

OOC: Susik is wearing Mataik's kanohi. And is the darkness covering the boat too?

lhikan_banner.png

IC: Wullus

Wullus shook his head. he considered running off from these two but he stopped himself.

"No matter, I have proof that we aren't dreaming. First off, I remember struggling with my captors, so that should be enough proof. So, how about we wait off the night in a camp?"

OOC: The first page says it's night.

IC: Levacius + Kopraga + Arillan / Battle at Haven Cove

Levacius shot out of the darkness area and stopped in the skies hovering just above it, before turning back and remaining in suspension, hovering over the field. He could see the occasional flash of light from where his electrical prison of the Skakdi remained in place. He charted a mental map of the battlefield, and began generating orbs of lightning, which he threw at random to areas that he could be sure were unoccupied by allies. Bonus points if they had Caretaker occupation.

~~~

The waters stirred slightly near the Pale Burnak as a green armored hand grabbed onto the edge, and a green armored Toa through themselves up onto it. Bow in hand, Arillan moved quickly to shadows of the ship, completely invisible as he searched for a doorway into the ships interior. This was a ship of the Shepherds, and undoubtedly would be guarded. But also, it would likely have a few goodies for him.

~~~

Kopraga, too, had entered the water, though further away. Now, he was moving up to the shore in the shallow waters, his wings covering him like a shield as he moved on all fours. Any attacks would be fruitless if someone were to detect him. He felt the sudden expanse of shadow energy, and a grin broke across his face. This meant only pure benefit to him.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Joltan-ShadowtangleJoltan stepped away from the observer. It was crushed and had wires sticking out and sparking about all over the place.Joltan sheathed his longsword and continued trekkkng.OOC: Open for interaction</span><br />

OOC: I see Joltan has some history with the Dark Hunters. Mind if my guys recognise him?

IC (Shadowtangle): It was still a short time before dawn when Krokk began to notice signs that he and his companions were not alone in the jungle. A trail of bent boughs, snapped twigs and trampled undergrowth indicated that another being had been this way recently, pushing their way through the thick foliage. He motioned to the others to follow him quietly. Meeting another slave or slaves could be dangerous, but it was also an opportunity to gain information and supplies.

They soon discovered that the trail belonged to a thin toa who wore blue armour and a white mask. That itself wasn't unusual, but when the toa turned towards them slightly, Keevak's sharp eyes caught a glimpse of red on the toa's knee. He remembered hearing about a toa of that description back when he had been a Dark Hunter. Joltan was his name, if he recalled correctly, and he had made considerable trouble for the Hunters. None of the Skakdi had ever met Joltan personally, of course, but there had been stories told among the mercenaries. Those stories weren't complementary.

"Malok" he whispered, dropping into a crouch. "It looks like you'll be able to smash something after all. I remember Annihilator telling me stories about a toa who looked just like that. Told me to kill him if I ever got the chance. He cost us a few good Hunters on Nynrah."

Malok nodded in agreement, as did Krokk. This wasn't a being who could be of any use to them alive, but he might have some equipment to loot, and few Skakdi would pass up the chance to take revenge on an old enemy. They each turned and followed the toa again, closing the distance between them with stealth and skill. Krokk and Malok moved off to the left and right, while Keevak kept following the trail. Soon, each of them could see their quarry up ahead, still moving through the forest.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

IC: JoltanJoltan was absorbed in his own thoughts. He heard a rustling sound in the bush.He instinctively rolled to the side. He was proven right. A skakdi was sneaking in the trees on his right, one in gunmetal grey and black. His weapon was drawn and his eyed started to light up.He didn't look like he wanted to have a chat.Joltan instinctively actovited his Hau and charged his Longsword with Electricity. He fired a blst of lightning at the Skakdi, enough to scare and hurt him. Joltan got ready to charge.

OOC: Surprise attack!

It was so fast, so insanely and unexpectedly sudden, that Monik would more than likely be dumbfounded when a metallic dart attempted to pierce his forehead. This was followed by another attack, a slash with the dart across the face, and then the barrage stopped.

Where Jilsud once stood, there was nothing but air. "That is the proof. Pain. Pain is all, pain consumes all. Pain is what formed the ground we stand on now. This is island is pain." Grinning manically, Jilsud spoke his the source of his voice seemingly the air around Wullus and Monik. As the disembodied voice spoke, Monik would feel his energy seeping out of his body, courtesy of Jilsud's hunger powers.

pNNgXax.jpg