The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Zepora

Zepora moved closer to them, each movement quick, jerky, like it was struggling to move. It's twisted, broken limbs clicked as they reached outwards, like a spider closing in on its prey. Its face began to glow, and it knew that one look at it and they would all be paralyzed. Zepora would feed today, and it would eat well.

IC: Arillan / Pale Burnak

Arillan used his available hand to shove open the door to the Pale Burnak and said, "This should be the wheelhouse." as he did so. He checked around to see if this was the room he declared it to be.

He wondered how the battle was going - it seemed to be quieting down out there. He turned to Rynekk and asked, "Does your team happen to have a psionics user? I'm sure they could figure out how to get this Karzahni-blasted sword off my arm if they could get into the Makuta's mind, somehow. Not that I have any idea how you would do that, but I figure one would be too arrogant to take the time and learn real mental shielding."

The door finished swinging open from the push, fully revealing the room behind him.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OOC: Bionicle Slenderman?

IC: Wullus

Wullus turned and saw the lanky creature jerkily walking in huis direction. Jilsud was behind the two of them.

Wullus felt irrational panic building inside of him. He tried pushing it aside.

The creature, it's doing this to me, Wullus realised.

Wullus turned to Monik.

"I'll distract it. Run quickly," and withouit waiting for a response, Wullus turned to the creature.

He used his Iron powers to "grasb hold" of Zephora's armour and pushed it over the stony leap bridge.

OOC: Believe it or not, I didn't notice that connection until after I posted the profile.

Zepora was falling. It didn't know why it was falling, but one of its prey had made it fall. The metal armor on its body was pulled over the edge, and it took Zepora with it. Using his claws, Zepora grabbed onto the rock, slowing his fall. He then proceeded to systematically remove every bit of metal from its body, at least the stuff that wasn't necessary for life. When it was finished it began climbing back up, determined to feet.

OOC: Yes I should have static that’s a mistake on my part. And if you can make someone feel pain then you can make someone feel tired, both are just signals that your body sends to your brain and therefore can be replicated by Psionics, sure if you were trained in mental discipline you could push through it and keep going because you aren’t really tired, but Jilsud has had no such training and should be affected.

IC: Monik

“I’ll distract it. Run quickly.”

Monik focused off in the distance and teleported well out of range of both Jilsud’s and Zepora’s powers, since the Hunger power didn’t drain his mental strength as much as physical strength Monik was able to get some focus back after several deep breaths. He reached into Wullus’s mind and, finding the feeling of terror, started blocking them off, making it much easier for Wullus to resist Zepora’s power.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

OOC: Determined to feet...I meant feed...anyway. I don't really care who I'm reaching for, or even if I actually get anybody.

Zepora finally reached the top, its fleshy bits now exposed from the loss of armor. It began moving forward again, this time far more quickly, reaching for one of the beings with claws ready to tear them apart.

"Ze...por...a..." it hissed again.

Edited by Ace of Skulls

IC: [Mirax – Haven Cove/Toothy Bane]

The rebels had won their battle, but Mirax had done nothing to aid them. He had merely observed from his high point. He felt like somewhat of a coward for not aiding them in their battle. It was over now and there was nothing he could do to change the fact that he hadn’t acted. These feelings only worsened when Vinathli suggested that they should try to board the vessel; a boat not far off from the beach. He turned around and looked at her, a dark expression on his face, “We’ve done nothing to help them. I desire my freedom, but all we did was watch. There’s no real honor in that.” He told her, seemingly against the idea. He then started to walk towards the ice slide that he had created. “But I am no longer the warrior I once was. I’m a slave. I don’t have any honor.” He said sadly and then he slid down the ice slide, his feet pushing through the ice that he had created until he was eventually down on the shores of the beach.

“Warriors! Do you require anymore assistance?” He shouted out to them, walking over to the spot where a fierce battle had just been taking place. He then looked up at the cave where Vinathli still stood, her eyes scanning below. He then beckoned for her to come down. It was her idea after all.

character_37075_f.jpg

OOC: A blast of Psionic energy isn't replicating the pain of being stabbed or damaged; It's a blast of mental energy, the feeling that comes with a severe headache. Psionics doesn't control the neural system, it controls "the mind", something very different than the brain. Also, I doubt that one could simply teleport out of Jilsud's Hunger power range, and then easily access someone equally far away's mind and remove a certain feeling, especially while severely weakened.

IC: Jilsud

His original target of energy drainage gone, Jilsud selected a new one, Wullus. As he slowly retreated, watching the combat between Wullus and Zepora, Jilsud focused harder and harder on Wullus, speeding up the energy drain as much as possible. When the Toa of Iron disappeared, Jilsud continued to feed on his energy, due to the enhanced mental connection.

IC: Vinathli

Unfurling her crystalline wings, Vinathli gracefully descended from her perch, to land next to Mirax. Taking no action, and saying nothing, she waited for a response to Mirax's words, still smirking amusedly.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: WullusWullus felt his energy weakening.he turned and saw the mad Votixx concentrating.Wullus focused and a long spike appeared below Jilsud, shopoting up.He turned back to Zephora. He dodged one appendage, and as the second came to rst, he leapt onto it and unleashed a blast of Iron powder on Zephora, while hacking the appendage.

OOC: According to BSO1, one of the powers of a toa of psionics is: “Creating illusions that can fool all five senses.” That includes touch and if you can make someone think they are touching a sword, you can make them think they are being stabbed by a sword. I’m not sure what the range of an Avsa is but if you can teleport to break a mental connection then you can teleport to break an energy drain. And Monik didn’t remove the terror he just helped block it. Also, what mental connection does Jilsud have with Wullus and how does that help him drain energy?

Through their mental connection Monik could feel Jilsud start draining Wullus and so he fiddled with Jilsud’s mind, it wasn’t much because he was so weak but it would probably make him pause for half a second which should be long enough for Wullus’s spike to hit.

IC: Inta

Inta got up and shook off his headache. “So, what happens now?” He asked the assembled Wolves.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

OOC: A quick talk with TPTI resolved the issue of the Hunger-drain duplicate; It makes sense. I think Jilsud's going to be moving around a bit less, if it happens again. On a different topic; Norik Astartes, I'd like to point out that you had your character completely turn around, create an elemental attack, and then turn back around to fight with an opponent who had, all the while, been attacking. I have no problem with the elemental spike attack, its just the way that Wullus seemed to pause time that seems a bit strange.

IC: Jilsud

As Jilsud turned away, half side-stepping, half back-peddling from the iron spike, he felt someone attempting to confuse him, attempting to muddle with his mind. The mental distraction served its purpose, the spike slashed the skin on Jilsud's knee as he paused. A superficial wound at best, but still, blood was drawn. Growling, Jilsud changed his energy drain from Wullus to Monik once more, utilizing the mental connection established between him and the Toa of Psionics. He also utilized the connection to teleport, appearing a couple meters behind the Toa.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Mataik: Pale Burnak

Mataik quickly tried to get the sword off as soon as it started to move, but it was to late, the sword had attached itself to his arm. After a few tugs and trying a couple of different ways to get it off, including trying to mentally will it off. He headed through the boat until once again he met Susik, or what he thought was Susik, and two other beings.

Mataik walked up on the right side of Rynekk, holding the crystal sword perpendicular to him, and hanging his right hand slightly behind his leg to block it from view to those who weren't paying attention (It would probably be blocked completely from Rynekk anyways).

He had walked up softly and Rynekk might not even have noticed him. "Susik" He addressed her "I would like my mask back please." He asked nicely, unaware of what her reaction would be.

OOC: Mutran took a sentient rock to Xia, of course not all Makuta are like Mutran.

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

Zepora tilted its head, the iron powder floating around it. With barely a glance at the being attacking it, Zepora spun, twirling its blades appendages around in an attempt to clear the metal dust around it. With any luck, the spinning would catch its opponent by surprise.

OOC: Not sure what the iron powder was meant to do. If it was meant to blind him, he has no eyes. Or face, for that matter.

OOC: This is what it's supposed to do.

IC: Wullus

Wullus willed the powder to grow heavier and get caught by the downdraft. It settled over Zephora's body.

He jumped off, dodging the whirling spinners, and activated his trick.

He willed the Iron Powder to clump and grow into spikes, suddenly impaling Zephora with many stakes. The spikes grew into Zephora's flesh, cutting into its flesh in multiple areas. The pain was, to say the least, excruciating, coupled with the fact that Zephora was unarmoured.

OOC: I've had this done on me by JL in the BZPRPG. Credit goes to him for this trick. So basically suddenly there are spikes tearing into its flesh.

OOC: Wow...that is incredibly dark. Very well done, kudos to you.

Zepora howled louder than it ever had before. It unleashed a scream so powerful that its own aura of terror expanded, encasing everything around it, filling everyone present with the pain and fear it felt right now. Then, when its voice gave out, it stopped, fell to the ground, and did not stand up. It twitched for a few minutes, then began to shrink, the iron spikes tearing through the flesh. Its limbs retracted, and its face peeled back into place.

It became Sepora again, and then he died.

OOC: Sepora/Zepora is dead.

Monik had recovered a bit from the drain and when Jilsud started on him again he turned and fired a wave of psionic energy at Jilsud, half telekinetic, half telepathic in nature. It would send him flying back and boggle his mind enough that he couldn’t use his powers for a little while.

IC: Susik

Susik was a bit worried at Mataik’s request since her clone didn’t really have the mask so she simply had the clone say; “Umm, I need to go get it.” and rush off before he could reply. The real Susik took off the mask of strength and created a small snake of Biohesive, placing the mask on the snake, Susik sent it off to her clone which picked it up and had the copy of the mask on its face dissolve. “Here it is.” The clone said as it walked up to Mataik and handed him the mask, just then she spotted the sword on his hand. “Picked up one of those swords I see.”

Edited by Takanuvainika

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

OOC: ...Wait, what? I don't think I tried to kill anyone in my post... Also, is Wullus that close? I thought Monik and Jilsud were "In the distance", which is presumably quite far away. I don't think that shuriken have a very long range... Also, a half-telekentic and half-telepathic attack? I'm sorry, but I don't think that sounds very easy to preform. Focusing on controlling a being with your mind, to move them, while using your mind to transport mental static, or whatever it is being used to boggle the mind of a being, seems like something you would have to be focusing quite hard to do, sort of like playing the piano with your feet, while using your hands to play a game of chess. Also, I don't think Monik would be that recovered from only a few moments of safety, after being energy-drained to mere seconds away from unconsciousness.

IC: Sothriaem

The flames of Dragon's Roost spiralled around the strange being known as Sothriaem, as it calmly navigated the dangerous terrain of the gigantic volcano. Its eyes were apathetic and dispassionate as it scaled a rocky cliff, and continued to be so as it swung itself onto the top of a gigantic spire of dark grey rock, jagged and primordial.

OOC: Sothriaem open for interaction/violence.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Shadowtangle-Haven Cove Border

"I was never one for negotiations, you know," Hexxon answered, eyes fixed on the Wolves scurrying around on the beach. Indeed, he would much rather lay low during events such as these, hiding behind the scenes where it was safe. "Though I suppose we could give it a try..."

Hesitating for a moment, an air of confidence suddenly about him, he emerged from the treeline and onto the sands of Haven Cove, without a psionic cloak or illusion concealing his impressive, deep red frame as he strode toward the assembled warriors.

IC: Toothy Bane-Haven Cove Border

The hardening sphere of magma launched by Inta's Catapult Scorpian crashed into the crags where Reptak had concealed himself, shattering the rocky outcropping to reveal only rubble. No one was present where the arrow had been shot from, for the assailant had already abandoned his position.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC (Shadowtangle): Joltan’s lightning was successful in that it bought him a few seconds before the Skakdi could react to his unexpected move. The bolts lit more fires around the battlefield, which was starting to burn in earnest now, but did little damage to Malok and Keevak, with one having a body made of stone and the other standing behind a shield, but a couple did hit Krokk. He fell to his knees from the shock. The only thing that saved him from much worse injury was that he had earlier copied Joltan’s lightning powers for himself, so he had the natural resistance to electricity that came with that element. It wasn’t long before he too was up and in pursuit of the toa along with the other two, though some of his armour was distorted and he was breathing more heavily.

Malok and Keevak were well ahead of him, running after Joltan, intent on their prey. Their wide Skakdi grins glinted in the gloomy forest like tiny flashes of lightning. This toa was putting up an impressive fight. Few toa they had known would have been able to survive so long against their onslaught, and yet this one was still up and fighting, even with his body screaming in pain, his powers stolen, and blows and elements falling all around him. They were beginning to understand why this one had given the other Hunters so much trouble.

Quickly, all three Skakdi were running after Joltan in hot pursuit, like a pack of wild animals chasing down their kill. The toa reached out and hacked at a tree with his sword, barely pausing in his bid to escape. The tree was a thick kauri, tall and robust, but not yet reaching quite to the canopy of Shadowtangle. The toa's sword didn't quite shear it through, but it toppled none the less, falling towards the path Joltan had taken. It could have served as an obstacle to the Skakdi, but the ex-Dark Hunters were nothing if not resourceful (except warlike, brutal, traitorous and violent, and those are their nicer qualities). As the tree fell, Krokk used his powers over plantlife to alter its fall, nudging it to land on top of Joltan, rather and himself or his teammates.

At the same time, Keevak finally stopped filling Joltan's mind with the sensation of agony (it didn't seem to be having much effect anyway), and instead exerted his mind-controlling abilities against the toa. He invaded Joltan's mind with his own will, attempting to replace the toa's volition with his own. "STAY STILL!" he commanded, he mental shout echoing inside Joltan's head.

Finally, Malok also exerted his element to keep Joltan in the path of the falling tree. He used his control of metal to take hold of the armour on Joltan's legs and pulled on it, halting the toa's forward movement, and (if he was unlucky) tripping him.

The tree fell towards Joltan...

ppg2.png

IC: JoltanJoltan saw the shadow of the trunk. He let the impulse pause him and trip him. He looked and activated his Hau. The tree smashed on it and the mental strain almost knocked Joltan unconscious. He lifted the sword to chop apart a piece of falling wood.He got up and willed lightning to strike the two Skakdi behind the stone one. the shield warded off most of the mental strain, but not all, coming from the Skakdi trying contrl him.

IC (Shadowtangle): Keevak created a shield in front of the Skakdi, and the lightning bounced off harmlessly. The pack of Skakdi rolled on, quickly closing the gap between themselves and the toa. They seemed to have no problems moving through the thick jungle. No tangle of vines slowed them nor fallen branch trip them, almost as if the plants were eager to let the three Skakdi through.

Or was it three Skakdi? If Joltan looked closely, he would see only two. Keevak seemed to have dropped off the pace, and could no longer be seen with Krokk and Malok. The pressure from the attempt at mind control faded with distance until it stopped all together. Krokk, however, was still present and kept up the assault. The kauri tree that now lay in two halves behind Joltan exploded outwards in a hail of sharp splinters and flying chunks. Malok added to the maelstrom of projectlies by shooting metal shrapnel from the end of his sword in a straight line towards the toa.

Keevak stepped out of the underbrush behind Joltan and swung his staff towards the back of his neck in a powerful two-handed blow. In fact, he had never left the fight, but had cast an psionic illusion to give the impression that he had. After that, he had been masking his presence by screening out impressions of himself from the toa's mind. It was as of he were standing in a moving blind spot - he was there, but the sights and sounds just didn't register. All going well it would give the toa quite a surprise.

ppg2.png

IC: JoltanKreevak had forgotten one of Joltan's senses: His ability to sense electricity.As the blade descended, he caught a 'whiff' of enrgy. He whirled and parried the invisible sword by luck. The projectiles shot through the air at breakneck speed.Joltan used his spinning parry's momentum to push the Skakdi into the projectiles' flight path, while shifting to the side.. He activated his hull in case anything got past the body.

IC:

Character's Name: Baslilk

Species: Skakdi

Apperance: Looks like Thok, but has some green armor, and clawed feet.

Powers: Ice powers (in conjunction with another skakdi)

- Laser Vision

- Can create bolts of energy which can be come bigger, depending on how long he holds his hands together

Weapons/Attachments

- Chain

- Spiked club

- Claws

Bio: He was once the guard of a leader Skakdi, he made sure he didn't get hurt. He also acted as his adviser, so he won't make dumb decisions. When on a scouting mission, he was ambushed. His whole team fell, but not him. He took out three of the strongest men that came for him. But he later overpowered, and they saw the potential in him. They later took him to the Island of Pain. He is a bit arrogant, but has a profound honor to those with leadership. His goal is to escape from the island so he can return to his land, protecting his leader. If he can survive.

OOC: Another character will come soon.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Arillan had indeed found the wheelhouse. It looked fairly primitive, not what you might expect from the clearly resourceful Shepherds. There was an actual wheel and a few simple tools for determining speed, wind direction, water depth, anything you might want while sailing.

The whole place was crawling with what appeared to be vines though. They were running into the floor, the walls, the equipment, the wheel...They probably were actual vines, a means for the Makuta to operate the boat via his plant control power even if he was elsewhere. Would work while he was in his protodermis prison though

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Lopik/Shadowtangle:

The Skakdi could clearly catch the constant noise of battle nearby. Unlike most of the inhabitants of the island, she had remained isolated from the rest of any sentient beings, reserving her power for those she preyed on. And from what could be heard, it would definitely be her prey. Lopik began a running start, and jumped from trunk to trunk, slicing through the dense vines as she neared the combatants. Collecting her energy, she fired her laser vision onto the unsuspecting adversaries, hoping to strike one of them.

OOC: Keevak and Joltan.

• 4 weeks later...

OOC: I suppose I will start this off again.

IC: Zaak

Zaak surveyed the carnage that had been strewn around the beach after the battle, and sighed. The Toa Seal was a sight to behold, but it still contained a powerful, evil, and hyper-intelligent creature. I'll have to find someone with a mask of telekinesis to keep him in check, so he doesn't pull another stunt like he did on the beach. he thought, thinking about the illusion the Makuta had tried to trap them in. Oh well, there was still an island to get off of, so Zaak went to the ship and swung onto the deck over the rail.

OOC: Open for interaction.

IC: Rynekk - The Pale Burnak

Somehow, I though the wheelhouse of the Shepherds of Flesh would look... better, or something like that. More like a sophisticated piece of machinery than the storage room in the back of that abandoned building every town seems to have.

But, still, I had spent too much time on the Island of Pain, with all its tricks and traps, to take the plants lining the room lightly. Pushing past Arillan, I began walking over to the ship's controls, my Calix activated and my senses tuned for the slightest movement.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]