Apocalypse

Dralcax

The year is 2020. Mankind has almost destroyed itself. The seas are so polluted that only primitive bacteria can live. The polar ice caps are gone. The dirty air has drastically increased extinction rates. A Great War has torn apart civilization. Now, a community of refugees is confined to a shining silver climate-controlled tower overlooking the remains of their former city.dscn2859.jpg_thumb.jpg dscn2860.jpg_thumb.jpg dscn2865.jpg_thumb.jpg dscn2869.jpg_thumb.jpg dscn2871.jpg_thumb.jpgGallery with some more pics

Edited by Chaos Dralcax

aouROFb.png

Optimistic much, Dralcax? :PStill, this is quite the interesting little microscale creation. The greebling of the black city section looks very industrial, as I'm sure you were going for, although I'm a bit purplexed as to what the askew Exo-Force scope piece represents. Regardless, the tower is also nice, although the silver clashes a bit. I'd also suggest adding a few pieces on the otherwise barren grey surrounding area.Overall, this is a nice little MOC, for a genre I don't see too often. Props to you for that.~B~

Optimistic much, Dralcax? :PStill, this is quite the interesting little microscale creation. The greebling of the black city section looks very industrial, as I'm sure you were going for, although I'm a bit purplexed as to what the askew Exo-Force scope piece represents.~B~

That askew part is the burnt-out remains of a wrecked tower. Also, it's meant to be barren. The part shown is supposed to be all that's left. Edited by Chaos Dralcax

aouROFb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I really like looking at microscale models, and this one is a very nice one at that. I love the askew tower and how you were easily able to attach it. I also love the amount of small details confined into this tiny little thing. It's very nice how you were able to do all of that.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I really like looking at microscale models, and this one is a very nice one at that. I love the askew tower and how you were easily able to attach it. I also love the amount of small details confined into this tiny little thing. It's very nice how you were able to do all of that.

Thanks! I built the silver/light grey tower, and thought it would look cool in a whole microscale scene. I then made the base, put on the tower, then stuck on all the oddly-shaped small black bits I could find. I thought the Exo-Force bit looked like a burned-out tower, but it was almost as high as the other tower, so I decided to make it askew. I actually had the idea of askew parts from the beginning, but everything else was so short, it wasn't necessary until then.

aouROFb.png

Thanks! I built the silver/light grey tower, and thought it would look cool in a whole microscale scene. I then made the base, put on the tower, then stuck on all the oddly-shaped small black bits I could find. I thought the Exo-Force bit looked like a burned-out tower, but it was almost as high as the other tower, so I decided to make it askew. I actually had the idea of askew parts from the beginning, but everything else was so short, it wasn't necessary until then.
That's cool. The slanted tower is amazing. Does the thing use all "legal connections"? If it does, it should be buildable in LEGO Digital Designer. You could probably modify it, and add some more cool expansions to it.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

That's cool. The slanted tower is amazing. Does the thing use all "legal connections"? If it does, it should be buildable in LEGO Digital Designer. You could probably modify it, and add some more cool expansions to it.
Well, assuming technic hole + stud is a legal connection.

aouROFb.png

I'm fairly certain it is. I might be wrong though. That's awesome that you didn't have to "cheat" or anything. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I'm fairly certain it is. I might be wrong though. That's awesome that you didn't have to "cheat" or anything. :P
Yeah, I didn't really have "cheating" in mind, more blocky just makes it more industrial, so I decided that illegal connections weren't really necessary.

aouROFb.png