Please, please, please tell me I'm not the only member here that knows what this is.Princess Tutu is an anime/manga about a duck who falls in love with a prince, a girl in ballet class who isn't very good at dancing and a ballerina princess who has a mission to restore the fragments of a prince's heart. Oh, and those are all the same person (Before you write it off as "girly" and "lame" just keep in mind the nickname of this show is "Guitar Ninjas")... Guys can like girly stuff, okay?! >>Anyway, I'm a huge fan of fairy tales, and the anime version especially was all about that genre (as well as ballet themes). When I first learned about this series, my expectations were pretty low, but after I finished the anime, I had fallen in love with a cast of characters (all of them which is pretty rare for me) and the story itself.Anyone else a fan?

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

i have never seen or heard of it but now you have me interested so i may have to find and watch some of it.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I know about it from my older sister and this girl I have a crush on. I've looked at the tropes page, but nothing beyond that. It does look interesting, though. But discussion of this might be better posted in the general anime thread.

Edited by Cobui

fjRqLk4.jpg

I'm not ashamed to say I watch MLP, so I don't see why I can't say that I love Princess Tutu. =3 I've watched the anime, and that was excellent. Been told the manga isn't as good, probably not gonna read it. Instead, I'll watch epic music videos using the anime.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

But discussion of this might be better posted in the general anime thread.

Eh heh... Funny thing; my brain actually gave me that suggestion right after I posted the topicThough, I wanted to talk more about the story as opposed to just the anime in general (manga included). Both variations of this story are similar, but very different, and I actually was hoping to hear more about others' opinions of that if they had viewed both. Also there's a lot of references to fairy tale themes as well as ballet themes (such as mimes, settings, even the character's outfits, etc), This story strikes me as something few people know about/bother to watch, and in my experience discussion gets ignored in general threads. Though, I do admit, I should have asked about this topic before posting. >< I did search anime in this thread and I saw results such as Yu-Gi-Oh, Neon Genesis Evangelian, Gundam, and Pokemon topics (which then occurred to me that two of those subjects were also games). I guess I figured there was a lot to both of the stories of this series and that was part of what I wanted to discuss with other fans. Though, if the staff decides this topic would be better discussed in the General Anime thread, I'd understand, and sorry I was a bit too hasty. ><That aside, I'd recommend the anime for anyone interested in this story (the manga, in my opinion, is better to read after watching because a lot of things are different and I don't think the story is written anywhere near as well as the show). @ Toa of Dancing: I actually liked a few aspects of the manga. The prince seemed to be more interesting towards the end, and Ahiru and Rue seemed to act a little more like friends at certain points (especially when Rue discovers that Ahiru is Tutu. I didn't really like the way the show handled that).

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing