Island Monitoring Service

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

OOC: Both are made of protosteel, therefore they damage each other, and looking at physics, a half-inch steel bar is harder to bend than a quarter-inch steel bar, the whole comparison is like blocking a mace with the edge of a sword.

I stand by my statements on OOC only posting. The fact you continue to do it is really getting on my nerves.Exactly! It's a tiny spike of protosteel created spontaneously being forced against a well forged sword.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

So you're going to get down to the physical specifications of a small spike of metal, made on the spot, with no actual work put into it?So the next time I hit somebody with a lightning bolt I just need to say, "It was a magical lightning bolt that targets the nerves on your right leg so you can't walk", after firing what was simply stated as "a lightning bolt"Since you force my hand I shall talk nerdy. It's like a Metamagic feat in 3rd Edition D&D. You're casting a spell - the more stuff you apply to it, the more powerful it is, and the harder to cast. Unless this is Quickened Maximized Super Spiky Metal Armor Tumor then it probably would take a little more effort to make it specialized.And by effort I mean type another sentence.Once more, I cannot assume you grew some kind of super spike. Heck, I thought the same did ToD did the first time I read your post that way it was worded.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

On the subject of OOC only posts, TPtI doesn't actually have a rule on that. However (and yes, I realized this after that whole, drawn-out argument about Jontan), there is a rule stating that if you're going to argue, do it through PM. So yeah, after one or two post and it isn't resolved, please go to PM. Unless it involves more than two people. Anyways...So dat cache. That's been found. Yay. XD Though, I did say earlier that they were pretty darn close to the center at one point. Ah well, probably wasn't clear.Hey Ihu, I edited the post. That good? Also, wouldn't Hatak jump at the opportunity to leave one or both of the others behind and follow Kopraga?

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

So dat cache. That's been found. Yay. XD Though, I did say earlier that they were pretty darn close to the center at one point. Ah well, probably wasn't clear.

I think I saw that, but you'd posted it while I was offline, and by the time I came back you'd moved on elsewhere

OOC: Well then, iron should technically be outlawed as a power, seeing as technically any iron user could insta-kill anyone that isn't another iron user or a zyglak... Also, your wording was a bit confusing there, sorry. I thought you said he wasn't using his vision powers. Come to think of it, I should go read the profiles, shouldn't I... I'll edit it in just a minute.

If I outlawed Iron because you could just rip someone apart, then where would it end? I'd have to ban magnetism for the same reason, fire/plasma because you could instantly incinerate someone, air because you could explode someone with a vacuum, ice because you freeze someone solid, stone because you could make a rock appear to impale someone...You can insta-kill with any power

Uh, did TPTI reply to Ajax digging out the Cache? I can't seem to find if he did...

No, I haven't had time Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Or, we have enough Toa of Iron, couldn't we simply do what the Makuta killed the Toa of Iron to prevent, and destroy the Makuta's armour? Would be slightly easier, though obviously if it was needed, Toa Seal it.Now, question about that... Do you need 6 different elements; or, say, could two Toa of Lightning work together with that seal?

@TFL; Wanna bet?

Uh, yeah.Let's look at the facts:1. Grotir's commanded, including herself, are on averager smarter than the WoL's members. Kinika's a scientist who hacked into Shepherd tech with relative ease; Grotir's a sociopath who has proven herself to be just as capable at leading as fighting (her only real weakness in the intellectual field being her love of combat); Ajax is a scholar; and Bonnae is highly learned and an excellent leader.2. Grotir's group would be the defenders in such a scenario. Add their height advantage to the fact that they're defenders and that's one heck of an easier fight for their side from the start.3. The group of Grotir contains two guys with extremely powerful elements and powers-skakdi, no less, and ones who don't clash at that-plus one distraction and one who is nigh-impossible to kill by conventional and most elemental means. Oh, and that last one is relatively comfortable in volcanic environments.4. Grotir's group is very well-armed. While they can't claim to have their weapons forged by a weaponsmith who has suddenly revealed his godlike skill at essentially any smithing, everyone in it wields at least two weapons-typically three of varying ranges, plus some flexible armor. They have many options.5. To compound the aforementioned defensive advantage, the team has two conventional methods of detection in their self-preserving Observer and a guy with telescopic x-ray vision. Add to that the elements of Iron and Gravity being able to see most any being in the Bionicle world and they have relatively plenty of time to prepare for a confrontation, as well as the advantage in being able to hide before they are spotted for ambushes and in knowledge of their foes.That isn't to say that the WoL aren't well-armed, smart, and powerful; some of them certainly are. And that also isn't to say that they aren't led well. But I doubt any parties they send to the area to retrieve caches/recruit/etc. could win against Grotir's group when said parties would probably be around or below their size. -The Fearless Leader Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Perhaps one day Grotir and Levacius may clash on the field of battle, and I shall prove that speed and elegance are the best match for sheer toughness and brute strength.(That, and limited invulnerability only defends against physical means and temperatures, not a sudden blast of electricity)I will give you that the group Grotir leads could crush a smaller or roughly equal group, but a well made group that works well together, and of proper size, could best them. Especially since Amalia, the psionicist, is likely to be out on that team, along with a number of extremely fast beings who can take advantage of the battle field better.It is truly a measure of ambition and determination - Grotirs group is motivated by survival, feeding and killing, whilst the Wolves are motivated by the desire for freedom and survival at any cost. We have a better carrot.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Prove what you will. I, for one, am not trying to make a statement about whether one is supreme or not, or whether one fighting style is better than the other-I'm just trying to say that the WoL can't really affect Grotir's gorup without sending out a large force (highly unlikely, as I will go on to prove). And Grotir is just as fast, if not faster, than Levacius in any case.A sudden blast of electricity doesn't work all that well against wood and obsidian...Or teleportation.Of proper size? I doubt it. There would be no reason for a group above 4-5 to be poking around in that area. And assuming so, Grotir's group probably works together better-they're more used to each other, because 'each other' is all they have. In half their cases, all they've ever known on the island.Speed does absolutely nothing to counter Gravity and Iron. Or teleportation, really. And Psionics can't stop both; nor can it, as you proved with Arillan, work particularly well against a sociopath.And I disagree with the last one very strongly. Kinika is motivated by kindness; Bonnae is motivated by a willingness to stop people from leaving the island at all costs; and Grotir is motivated by LOVE. How can mere escape measure up to the Launcher of a Thousand Ships? =P-The Fearless Leader

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Only thing I'd launch at Grotir is a guided missile. Probably get back up from it.And considering we're splitting the group in three, you're looking at about 6 WoL members out hunting for the caches. Splitting the group so one goes after each cache isn't a plan Levacius would ever be comfortable with.And yes, you are correct about such a force with your powers. But gravity cannot harm lightning, nor the vacuum.And I doubt Grotir is as agile as Levacius, even if she can run faster. Be climbing on your back.As far as lightning, I still haven't figured out how anyone can dodge a lightning bolt. Maybe I should go out one night and see how well that works for me.No, wait. Somebody else should try it.But no! Talking will not do. Comparing stats on paper monitor does nothing; we shall determine strength and skill on the field of virtual battle!-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

So yeah, I think i just need to take a break from BZP, maybe even the internet entirely. So I'ma do just that.I'm leaving my three characters in the capable hands of the Wolves of Liberty, feel free to use them in battle, Cache hunting, anything the group needs. No killing, or seriously injuring (if avoidable), I want them alive and well when I get back. ;)I probably won't come around asking for recaps (at least not huge ones), hopefully I'll be able to hop back into the game when I'm done with my hiatus without any problems.-Skar

Only thing I'd launch at Grotir is a guided missile. Probably get back up from it.

Had to laugh at that. I was referencing the Trojan War, though.

And considering we're splitting the group in three, you're looking at about 6 WoL members out hunting for the caches. Splitting the group so one goes after each cache isn't a plan Levacius would ever be comfortable with.

I don't remember when I said it would be one.

And yes, you are correct about such a force with your powers. But gravity cannot harm lightning, nor the vacuum.

'Vacuum'.Did Lev go Arillan on all of us? I feel I missed something here.Lightning may be redirected by Iron as well. It covers Gravity's weaknesses there.

And I doubt Grotir is as agile as Levacius, even if she can run faster. Be climbing on your back.

Climbing.On the back.Of a highly trained and skilled martial artist who practices for several hours a day....I'll get back to you on that one when we see Grotir pick up a bigger Dolt Ball than that.

As far as lightning, I still haven't figured out how anyone can dodge a lightning bolt. Maybe I should go out one night and see how well that works for me.

Bionicle is of the Science Fantasy genre. What else can I say?-The Fearless Leader Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

I knew you were. I wasn't.You did imply an equal number, not greater.We have an air user, Klastio.I never said he would be on her back. I just implied you wouldn't be able to get him off if he tried that dumb of a move. No, right now he could just hover around and create orbs of lightning in your stomach.Truth. Guess that's how Jontan didn't die after hanging in a vacuum for 30 seconds.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Character Name: KlastioSpecies: ToaGender: MaleAppearance: A normal Toa, only his shoulders, arms, and legs have spikes running down them. He wears a cloak, and is all shades of green from head to toe, with some sand and mud stains always visible.Powers: The GreenWeapons/Equipment: A wears a Kanohi Kadin, the mask of flight, he wields a shields covered in thorns, and a sword that allows him to channel his powers through it.Bio: Klastio is new to the island, but that did not change his personality, he is not afraid of the island and its threats to his life. He lived a normal life, making a living as a guardian for some old Turaga. His life was boring, he only stood beside the old fool as he made stupid choices for his island. One day, he killed said Turaga for allowing Skakdi onto the island, and The Shadowed one admired his spirit for doing so, so he gave him a job as a Dark Hunter.He was an active member of the Dark Hunters until he was captured by the Shepherds, and put on the island of pain. Of course, The Shadowed One believed he had been killed in action, for that was the reports that came back, reports that were intercepted by the Shepherds, and changed to make it look like Klastio had died. Now he roams the island, surviving, he wishes to get off the island, so he can go back to his leader, and continue his duty once more. -Skar

Actually, we don't. Which means Klastio's FUS RO DAH moment never really happened. XD-Skar

We have an air user, Klastio.

Who happens to specialize in creating vacuums and sucking oxygen out of one's blood as well, I presume xPEDIT: Lol, right. Klastio can't even use that.

I never said he would be on her back. I just implied you wouldn't be able to get him off if he tried that dumb of a move. No, right now he could just hover around and create orbs of lightning in your stomach.

1. Hover around and get bisected due to teleportation and subsequent slicing, more like it =PBut why are we restricting ourselves to Grotir V. Levacius? That'd never happen. She'd realize he's got Lightning and order Bonnae to fight him while she fought Fire/Ice/Stone/Earth/etc....Now THAT'd be a much better matchup.2. Don't use the second person when talking to me in ref. to Grotir. Because I detest that much attachment to my chars...And it's pretty darn creepy to think of me being her.

Truth. Guess that's how Jontan didn't die after hanging in a vacuum for 30 seconds.

I've read several articles (Wikipedia admittedly having one of them) on this subject. They all agree that exposure to a vacuum for up to thirty seconds typically doesn't kill.Although I do admit Jontan would probably have a harder time than he did. Vacuums are still no laughing matter.But in any case, that's not really comparable. Lightning is usually treated a lot different than writers than vacuums in any Fantasy...Probably because, well, a blitzschlag at actual speed is far too quick and easy of a kill. Vacuums at least take a bit more time and thus are treated more realistically...Except when the writer doesn't do research.-The Fearless Leader Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Uh, cool. And that stops Ajax and Bonnae from gravitating towards fighting certain people and/or from stopping her because...XPPsionics can't do much else when it focuses on one person. So a long-range (assuming she'd hang back) usage of powers/weapons by Ajax or Bonnae could at the very least provide a real threat to Amalia.And besides, I doubt anyone would want to be inside Grotir's mind. Seeing that it's a bit like Arillan's, that is.-The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Air user discussion: ... We could have one! ... Anyone have a free character spot? No? Hmm. Maybe I should make one. ... Maybe Sarkan's outlived his usefulness. =P(Take note: I have another free spot, but I was going to make a Toa of another element, so that multiple people could forge stuff at the same time. Free up some workload for Myr. =P)

Catapult scorpion fling magma into the base, everyone burns and dies, the end. =PBut nah.Oh, BTW guys, get ready to have a few seconds of fun. Jontan and Rastaque, having no idea who is inside there, are going to essentially fling a lightning bomb into the WoL Base. XD

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*