Island Monitoring Service

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Both Lev and Kairan could keep it from completely murdering everyone, but it'd likely strike a few people simply because of the elements of surprise. Also not sure if TPtI said it was elemental lightning or not, so that might make a difference.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Lightning is usually treated a lot different than writers than vacuums in any Fantasy...Probably because, well, a blitzschlag at actual speed is far too quick and easy of a kill

Lightning in the real world isn't a straight on 'energy shoots down from cloud' thing though. You get streamers, pathways of ions reaching up from the soon-to-be target to the cloud, which is letting down its own streamers. The actual bolt (which is more like three or four bolts so close together they appear like one) just travels down that.In situations like Bionicle, you're throwing lightning at someone. No streamers. You're literally forcing it through the air. Thats going to slow it down, even if, in the real world, that time delay is minimal.

Also not sure if TPtI said it was elemental lightning or not, so that might make a difference.

I don't see why. Its lightning, therefore a Toa of lightning can absorb it. It doesn't need to be 'elemental water' for a Toa of water to absorb it, heck it doesn't even need to be actual water

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I still don't know what you have against the Wolves of Liberty. >_> So a Rahi was eaten; it's a fact of life. Move on, don't just go and say 'Waaaaah, this group is horrible, IMMA DESTROY IT. >=D >=D >=D'. It just makes absolutely no sense. xDAlso, Sarkan's staying behind. And he fought you to a standstill before Elynirus stopped the fight. It ain't going to be a pushover if Darkon attacks. And given that Tenu's liable to be there as well, Sarkan's definitely going to want to steal his Kanohi. So he's likely to fight against Darkon, especially since their last fight wasn't finished.

I don't hate the group. I was even considering having a character join it. My CHARACTER dislikes it intensely, not me. Darkon was always on the edge of insanity, and when his best friend died, he walked -check that, ran- over to the other side. I also think that such a large group isn't really fair. So some enemies were needed in my opinion.

pNNgXax.jpg

Rakata: Better make sure that no-one is around also to distract her, or it might be a game of 'chicken'... Who can last the longest without dying first, or running off. =PDarkon: It's only not fair to those who are evil; The WoLves are trying to escape; it's only a matter of time before the group becomes huge. =P But you have a point, I'm more meaning the fact that Tenu arrived and ate up Darkon's words like they were food he hadn't eaten in years. And yet he had been allied with Levacius not two minutes earlier. It's just funny that way. And the other part was in reference to Darkon, though that explains that. =PWhat did you mean by that other character slot, though? Are you planning on making another evil character to attack the WoLves? 0_o

I am curious to see what Darkon hopes to accomplish against Levacius. Especially outdoors.Myr didn't seem to care so much about harming everyone else, but as Levacius was worrying about killing everyone in the entire room, Suicavel was at more of an advantage than normal.It's that blasted "good" alignment.Arillan and Kopraga are really the only characters who might fight the wolves, and both are smart enough to switch sides in a heartbeat.(Secret - I want Island of Pain to continue partially because I want to know what happened to Sledge.)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I also think that such a large group isn't really fair. So some enemies were needed in my opinion.

Frankly, with how big the group is, Conservation of Ninjutsu will inevitably come into effect in every single battle against the WoLves, so... I'd say things are fine as is. ;3

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Nah, I'm busy tormenting Hexxon and Okena.Like those dragons in Skyrim. "So, is he going to attack me, or just hover around that mountain, or what?"And for once, Hexxon cannot determine what his enemies actions will be.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

It was a tunneler that got that treatment from Vakama, I think. Always thought it was weird - the tunneler is a giant lizard, the troller is a giant worm. No, wait, they didn't turn it to glass, they got it to turn itself into glass. It was the sand Vahki they did that to.And based on your bio, Darkon, it says he can control his form. However, if he was turned into glass, he would no longer be sand, and thus no longer be able to control his form. Like if you got turned to ash - you really have no say so over what your body does after that.Arillan makes me sad face. He's designed to instantly kill somebody, but you can't instantly kill somebody, which puts a damper on that. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

You have to have a conscious in order to do that, I'd think. That's basically what the Element Lords do, and if you kill an Element Lord they don't just instantly respawn in the nearest source of their element.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

1. Canon's thrown out the window gender-wise in this RPG. The multitude of Male Toa of Lightning should've been the first hint. xD2. ... That is kinda overpowered... Is it limited to a certain range? Because otherwise, you could just go 'oh lol, I transferred his mind to a grain of sand miles away on the Haven Cove beach', even after someone melted every piece of sand in the desert into glass. =P Not that that'd happen, but still. You'd think there'd have to be a range limit...Lev: Haha, that too. =P People gotta remember that this isn't based off a video game in that manner. Though it would be interesting. That'd be more for a point-based arena game, though.

Well, I still need to make a profile, but I should do that by today's end. Just need to think of a good idea for the character.But yeah. Though a Female Toa of Sonics has already been created. *Points at Desiana* =P

Levacius, I already continued on with the story. I am warning you that I am going to ignore with your last post. Feel free to edit and what-not. I will not argue about this.

The logic you use - which is bogus at best - is not even applicable to the situation. No, I am not going to go through with your little "hey look if I scream at my shadow it goes away how kewl is that"The entire idea that gravity can effect a shadow bolt is tied to the idea that if it can effect you, it has mass, and if it has mass to some extent, gravity can make it weigh too much to continue on. Even light is affected by gravity; primary example - black holes.Under the same principle your power scream can work - seeing as a canon power scream can split rock, it could therefore destroy something else made of a solid substance (or liquid, perhaps). The way I see it, you're disrupting the shadow blasts into normal shadows which dissipate due to their inability to exist.However, you cannot disrupt your own shadow with sonics - it's not made of shadow energy it's just a shadow. A source of light is shining down, and your body is blocking part of it, leaving a shadow on the other side. He wasn't even manipulating it, just moving through it like one would go through two portals in the game Portal.You can go right through, but I am not going to tell you "Gee, if you give a dumb excuse for a situation then everyone will accept it."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

First of all, I find this post completely insulting. I do not mind being critized. I do not mind being told that I'm doing something wrong. I do, however, mind how you are being very, very, very rude. Need I remind you of this rule?

treat others as you wish to be treated. You should not degrade, insult, or make fun of anyone on this site.

Notice that I used bold. "The logic you use - which is bogus at best -" "Gee, if you give a dumb excuse for a situation then everyone will accept it." and many other things you have said are quite rude, and indicate you calling me a cool dude.Please, go on with the story. Do not expect a response from my characters.

pNNgXax.jpg

If you ignore an attack then you're violating a rule of the RPG, Darkon.I have nothing offensive to say about you, but the things you're implying are incorrect and yet you stand by them. If you choose to view them as an insult and not what they are - facts - then that is not any fault of my own.The whole shadow thing has been settled on the subject that wasn't your goal; I apologize for misreading what you stated, though you did not give a purpose for your actions. I also apologize for the statement "Gee, if you give a dumb excuse for a situation then everyone will accept it", as I was under a false impression. That is the last thing I will apologize for, however. If I call your logic or statements bogus it is because they are, not because of you.That concludes my statement.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Well for Arillan, I really have no other choice - he's an assassin, he makes attacks that are likely to be lethal. That's what makes the assassin hard to play, because you can't actually just kill somebody right out, which is what you would do considering the RP part of the equation.For the thing with Kopraga, something other then power screaming at where Kopraga would arrive from would have been better. If he moved away from his shadow at Kakama speeds, the shadow would follow, but when Kopraga came out, he would narrowly miss him. Something along those lines.Though, considering it gets us nowhere, I can stop with the diving attack.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

As far as I know, there isn't even a battle going on; Jontan and Rastaque sent the wave of sand toward the base and then left. With the exception of a few people who are looking for J and R but don't realize that they're gone, everyone is focusing on stopping the sand before it crushes the WoLves.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~