Island Monitoring Service

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Oh, Jontan (who recently secured a place for himself) is very anti-Shepherd. However, as they shall provide him with more people to kill and food, he'll be a least slightly content. As content as he can be. =P

Arillan just wants new equipment. Easier killing. Of course, should the Shepherds show up in person.... It's not a perfect, idea, but it makes some sense. The Shepherds, we know nothing about them. But they have a highly evil plan, you see. It works like this - They pick up six warriors, and make them their Team Patronage. They place them on the island with a bunch of slaves. They slaves fight Patronage and themselves, until in the end, only six members of Team Patronage are left. This continues on, until eventually the Shepherds have the best six warriors they possibly can. Then, they send those warriors to do... something. Considering just how good our characters are assumed to be, we're the last wave. Whilst the 'don't kill another persons character without their permission' jig stops it from working, it's still their plan. Or at least, that's why I would do...How they get the current patronage to work with them is easy. They're all scumbags who like killing. How they would get their last group would be another question... And if any of my characters survive to be in the finale, it would be either Levacius or Arillan. Sledge will probably never be seen again, Irriane will probably be killed as horribly as possible, and I'll eventually let one of you guys kill Suicavel... -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

That... is an amazing theory. Why do I have a feeling this is going to end something like that? If it comes down to having only one character, I'd definitely say Jontan is my strongest.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Oh, it's a good theory, but TPTI has been doing this longer than I have. It's probably much more elaborate than that. As far as strength? Irriane could beat Arillan if she expected him, but otherwise would go down. Sledge would be slain by her elemental powers. Levacius is fast enough to avoid her until he closed in, and once in melee could devastate her. Suicavel could kill her without a moments notice. Levacius could beat Sledge with no difficulty, and he would probably be able to beat Arillan if he was in the open or expected him. He could also take Suicavel, though the toa of shadow would probably flee - though Suicavel could incapacitate him with the Avsa, so might win. Suicavel could crush Sledge like a tin can, and could put Arillan down in a heartbeat. And Sledge would be armored enough for the arrow to not be lethal, and could beat him in a fight. So overall? Suicavel is the most powerful, Levacius is the best fighter in combat, Arillan can dispatch an enemy before they leave, Sledge could get you the best equipment (for whatever that's worth), and Irriane could heal you.... Heal. Yeah... Wonder what's in that cache? -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

If he managed to be part of the team, Suicavel would definitely be the crazy kill everyone dude. Jontan would be a slightly more strategic kill everyone dude. XP As things are currently going, I don't see Jaxenia dying. All the rest... who knows?

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

Or WILL they. (DUN DUN DUN) Suicavel wouldn't do well as Patronage. He would never listen to the Shepherds, and he's chaotic enough to kill their Caretakers if he sees them. Having him as their servant wouldn't be beneficial. And Jaxenia will eventually die... all of Patronage will. No matter how well you're armored, no matter how well equipped you are... There's always Zerg Rush. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: So does the jetpack just work, or does it have a power source apparent, or what? Perhaps you could clarify that. Also things like, is it easily controlled, or is it hard to control like a Kadin.

Its based off the gear the Nuva wore in Karda Nui, so the jetpack is of the 'just works' variety.And given that you have to use the two shoulder-packs to steer, I'd say it was about as hard to steer as a Kadin

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: So does the jetpack just work, or does it have a power source apparent, or what? Perhaps you could clarify that. Also things like, is it easily controlled, or is it hard to control like a Kadin.

Its based off the gear the Nuva wore in Karda Nui, so the jetpack is of the 'just works' variety.And given that you have to use the two shoulder-packs to steer, I'd say it was about as hard to steer as a Kadin
Thanks for clearing that up. I wanted to know if it was going to spontaneously stop working and send the user crashing to the earth below.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Rakata: I don't understand how Vertan got himself stuck in the problem if he was suddenly attacked by two others and imprisoned before he knew they were there, but whether it's his fault or not, he can't really handle the situation. He's being choked be an unseen force with its source outside his prison, and zapped by lightning in a restricted space. He can't stop what's going on because his attacks are blocked by the electrical field, and he's losing air.

Sorry that I didn't warn you guys, I had a camp out over the weekend. I've read everything, so expect a post soon. Again, sorry to keep you waiting. Also, Parugi... What?

That made me chuckle, even more when I realized it wasn't a new character. xD Also, Kairan's serious, and will likely go on an Avsa hunt while on the island still. xD Better hope none are in the caches. =P

ToD -- your last attack on Nostala kind of couldn't have happened at this point. She was behind Rastaque the entire time they were talking, after running forward and swinging at his foot -- which you sort of missed. Not to mention she never slid under him; she slid under the needle wall.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

That distraction, combined with Kairan - how he got down here,

Actually, that's a good question... Both how did he get down there, and how did Jontan? 0_o I was assuming Jontan was merely a little ways away(I see my error now, of course. =P); but how'd he get down to the bottom so fast, without Kairan interfering? I mean, Jontan went from falling into an aerial slash, to being at the bottom of a pit. xD

I apologize for my recent activity. A few days ago I lost internet connection while still online, and I haven't been able to connect since then. I'm lucky to be using the internet here, and I can bet I'm not going to be on BZPower for several more days. So, I'll try and make use of the time I'm on right now. And since I probably won't be active for some time, my characters won't be active either. Reya can pretty much stay where she is now, wherever she is. Hexxon is with no one, so that's okay - he'll just stay were he is. As for Greel - he'll need to be lent to someone else until I return. Whoever is closest to him - Plagia and Rynekk, I believe - should control him. So, Emissary, you can control him for now. And Vertan... I'm not sure. I'll see what I can do today with him today. I don't want to keep others' characters waiting for him to react. So we'll see...

I reacted, but can keep waiting. Irrianes enough for me to work on, and if I get desperate I can take Arillan out on a hunt for people who want their characters dead. Though actually, I think one of Darkons characters wasn't in Suicavels massacre, so if I get bored I can just do that.... Sledge is out, perhaps permanently - though I'll try to see what I can do for everyone outside of the island. Suicavel, well...

Also, Kairan's serious, and will likely go on an Avsa hunt while on the island still. xD Better hope none are in the caches. =P

I think the meanest thing I could do to you is let someone else end Suicavel. :P

Actually, that's a good question... Both how did he get down there, and how did Jontan? 0_o I was assuming Jontan was merely a little ways away(I see my error now, of course. =P); but how'd he get down to the bottom so fast, without Kairan interfering? I mean, Jontan went from falling into an aerial slash, to being at the bottom of a pit. xD

Quoting 'Big Trouble in Little China' - "It wasn't easy!" -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Jontan can move through sand like it's water, due to it being his element. He also opened a rift in the desert directly underneath Irriane, causing her to fall for a few bio (not bottomless =P). On that note, i won't be able to respond 'til tomorrow, sorry.

Around Rastaque: Rastaque is trying very hard not to die, barely managing to keep off Nostala, Orssa, Rocky, and Greel. Of course, he's fighting dirty. Anyways, he left Nostala, Rocky and Greel about to slam into each other, while darkness was just about to destroy them. This darkness was subverted by its creator Orssa, however. So that leaves them there. Rastaque and Orssa had a very short fight, leaving them on top of a dune a short distance from the others. Rastaque currently has a deathtrap swirling around the intangible Orssa. As far as I know, at least, as teleportation needs to be explained.Around Jontan: Kairan is currently stuck underground by a few bio, sand and glass pressing in around him. Not sure how Blade is going to handle that. Irriane Is currently dueling with Jontan. The former appears to be running low on sand, and the latter has a rather large supply with which to sustain himself.

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

ToD, mind linking me to the post where the shadow that you just used to basically nullify all of those attacks came from? I'm not seeing it in any of the posts between your last one and the one before that.EDIT: Never mind, found it. How does that stop the 8 or so needles + six-foot-long metal pole that Nostala just threw at Rastaque, though, which he wouldn't see coming through the shadow? And why is this only now affecting Greel's ability to choke him?

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

...Someone shoot me a PM when this battle actually becomes winnable.Though I want to point something out, since the contradiction here really irritates me. Order of operations dictates that, because that shadow was already there when Greel posted, regardless of when you saw it, and he was able to attack with it there, then it shouldn't affect his ability to target you now. Denying this is a contradiction to, for example, the attack on Nostala earlier that, as I had pointed out before anyone else posted to lock it in stone, couldn't have happened, yet I ended up having to go along with it, regardless of if it made sense to actually do so or not.At this point, I'm backing out of the battle, because it seems to me that there is absolutely nothing that I can do by playing fairly, and I'm not about to resort to tricks with attack orders to get out of my situation. But I am honestly getting really tired of stuff like this happening.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Sorry, that's the downside of TBRPGs. You can't die unless you want to do so.However, I have good reasons for dodging attacks. You guys are all getting in each others' way.

That... really doesn't address anything I brought up. Not wanting to die or get seriously injured =/= not being able to lose. Just because you don't have to let your characters get killed, doesn't mean that you can win every single battle.As far as I'm aware, the only attacks that would have blocked each other were the shadow and telekinetic grip, at least going by the changed attack order. After rereading my last post, however, the needles and staff shouldn't have missed Rastaque like they did, because Nostala threw them from almost-behind him; from the sounds of it, he was only pulled forward again and back into the vacuum after not moving that far to begin with, meaning that he should at least have been in the way of the staff.Regardless, with the shadow gone now and with my final attack from Nostala, the argument is moot.EDIT: And now a correction on the response to the rock. He ducked down in the shadow. The shadow was dispersed/redirected. Nostala threw it once he was in view. Thus, she was still aiming at his head, even if he had ducked. The rock would still have hit his body if nothing else.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

In Gangs of Metru-Nui, Flynn had an AI program that made it so he could see all directions, and never be surprised. He could use his mask of shielding and never be hit. Jontan has some magic demon that allows him to see everything and immediately put up a shield.Let me put things this way -Jontan and Ratasque put a lot of elemental energy into their fight with Team Patronage. Arillan left to recover, they never stopped to regain elemental power. Kairan and the others never used elemental energy except small amounts to drive off Suicavel when he attacked them. They came here at full power, with Irriane being the only person in the group not at maximum - which is why she's weakening.You can't possibly win, Toa of Dancing, except by us giving up because you're getting ridiculous. Yeah, the rule "You can't kill another persons character without their permission" is in effect.

having your character do something impossible

But so is this. One toa cannot beat four other beings of equal power. Take advice from the Levacius rulebook -

Rule #43: It doesn't matter if you have the Mask of Time and swords forged by Mata-Nui, no matter how good you are, you're not better than four other beings of the same skill you are. A toa can beat two toa, but a toa can't beat three toa. One vs. One is a fight. Two vs. One is close. Three vs. One you will die, Four vs. One there will be nothing left of your body.

Also, I doubt Ratasque can hold as much oxygen as the others.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Well, there were small amounts in the Klax vs. Everyone battle in between Suicavel attacks, and I doubt Rynekk's at absolute full strength after the bridge remake, however, for the most part, that point technically does stand... Kairan, while he's been throwing lightning like there's no tomorrow once he turned insane, isn't using a lot of power for those arcs, as most of them he was throwing were circular arcs of lightning that weren't exactly large in size, and the circular motion was more or less achieved by it spinning around on it's way to it's target. So, while he is weakening(considerably, after his trick to get out of that hole), he's been effectively conserving his elemental energy with his method of reducing the energy requirements for the arcs.I can guarantee you he'll be out cold after the fight, however, but for now, it's a mix of feral instincts and adrenaline that's keeping him going. =P