• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Island Monitoring Service

For Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
872 replies to this topic

#841 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 09:18 PM

OOC: Ok, edit time for me. My bad about plasma blast, changing hordika back, but it is true about the Kanohi Dragon aura of heat. Bionicle Legends #4: "The heat generated by the now fully thawed creature melted most of the city's guardians. Pg. 56. Took four toa of Ice to knock it unconscious. I think something would have happened to his hand. Also- Pg. 60-61: "While the fate of the dragon was being debated, Nidhiki took it upon himself to try and kill it. But the armored scales that had deflected so many blows during the fighting prevented him from ending the creature's life." Its scales are extremely hard. If you could prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that the dragon would be dead, list your reasons. And do not just say, "because the GM said so." If the everyone ignored basic rules/bionicle lore (read the books/ do research on it if you don't know), it detracts from the experience of the RPG, and also makes it unfair for others, even if it is an NPC dragon. I still admit it is dead, but I think it is unfair that it died like that. *cough*godmodding*cough* (I think it is, at least)

IC: Zaak

Zaak hit the Makuta, and was rewarded with a small stumble. He yelled and, making his sword turn white hot with the plasma running down it, channeled all of his strength into a devastating over- head strike that would hit the Makuta in the shoulder. (how tall is the Makuta?)

OOC: "He seemed to recover just in time to see the oncoming Zaak, hitting him with enough confusion power to stop him remembering which way was up." Confusion power? I"M confused about this.

This could get a bit long so I'm bringing it here

1. You think maybe that heat generated by a dragon would be the fiery breath? Not some aura of heat that I can't see referenced anywhere?

2. As to killing it: you said yourself this is a junior dragon so its not as tough. You had your character successfully pull one of those scales off so they're clearly not something to be shouting about. And Kopraga had just boosted his strength massively by absorbing a whole load of shadow energy. I don't think killing it is going to be too hard

3. If you're going to complain about other people godmodding it helps if you aren't the one also complaining your NPCs just aren't invincible enough

4. Makuta, unless there are extenuating circumstances, have all 42 Rahkshi powers. Confusion is one of those powers. And since this Rahkshi is neither blind nor mutated, he has that power. Which he just used on you

5. Speaking of which, since Zaak just got hit with a confusion blast he's not exactly going to be able to land a hit on the Makuta, or make some leaping overhead strike

6. The Makuta is tall. And heavy

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#842 Online Colette Llyan

Colette Llyan
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 6,991 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 10:24 AM

Quick question; was Tahu's cure simply because of Gali being a Toa Nuva; or could anyone theoretically cure the Poison powers? I doubt there'd be any time to with a rampaging Makuta, but...

#843 Offline Pears Nivans

Pears Nivans
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 3,591 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 10:43 AM

[color=#000080;]If I remember corretly, anyone can use Toa Power to heal an ailment--the Metru did it at least once to heal a Rahi--so it's not a Nuva-exclusive power. I'd imagine, though, that depending on the seriousness of the poison that you might need several 'doses' from a couple of different Toa, but that's Power's call.[/color]

Edited by Parugi, Jan 15 2013 - 10:44 AM.

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020 - 021 - 022 - 023 - 024 - 025 - 026

- Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven- ??? - ??? -

#844 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 12:47 PM

Pretty sure it's just anyone with Toa power. The Nuva used Gali probably because she was the best at healing. Given that the stasis field around Elynirus should wearing off about now given how many other plates the Makuta is spinning, she could do it as healing via Toa power is one of her skills

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#845 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 07:19 PM

OOC: Ok, edit time for me. My bad about plasma blast, changing hordika back, but it is true about the Kanohi Dragon aura of heat. Bionicle Legends #4: "The heat generated by the now fully thawed creature melted most of the city's guardians. Pg. 56. Took four toa of Ice to knock it unconscious. I think something would have happened to his hand. Also- Pg. 60-61: "While the fate of the dragon was being debated, Nidhiki took it upon himself to try and kill it. But the armored scales that had deflected so many blows during the fighting prevented him from ending the creature's life." Its scales are extremely hard. If you could prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that the dragon would be dead, list your reasons. And do not just say, "because the GM said so." If the everyone ignored basic rules/bionicle lore (read the books/ do research on it if you don't know), it detracts from the experience of the RPG, and also makes it unfair for others, even if it is an NPC dragon. I still admit it is dead, but I think it is unfair that it died like that. *cough*godmodding*cough* (I think it is, at least)

IC: Zaak

Zaak hit the Makuta, and was rewarded with a small stumble. He yelled and, making his sword turn white hot with the plasma running down it, channeled all of his strength into a devastating over- head strike that would hit the Makuta in the shoulder. (how tall is the Makuta?)

OOC: "He seemed to recover just in time to see the oncoming Zaak, hitting him with enough confusion power to stop him remembering which way was up." Confusion power? I"M confused about this.

This could get a bit long so I'm bringing it here

1. You think maybe that heat generated by a dragon would be the fiery breath? Not some aura of heat that I can't see referenced anywhere?

2. As to killing it: you said yourself this is a junior dragon so its not as tough. You had your character successfully pull one of those scales off so they're clearly not something to be shouting about. And Kopraga had just boosted his strength massively by absorbing a whole load of shadow energy. I don't think killing it is going to be too hard

3. If you're going to complain about other people godmodding it helps if you aren't the one also complaining your NPCs just aren't invincible enough

4. Makuta, unless there are extenuating circumstances, have all 42 Rahkshi powers. Confusion is one of those powers. And since this Rahkshi is neither blind nor mutated, he has that power. Which he just used on you

5. Speaking of which, since Zaak just got hit with a confusion blast he's not exactly going to be able to land a hit on the Makuta, or make some leaping overhead strike

6. The Makuta is tall. And heavy

1-3. All true. And since it never specified how the dragon produced heat, I guess it is open for interpretation.

4-5: I thought that you said Zaak hit the makuta, not the other way around. My bad.

6: Got it.

Edited the post in the RPG topic so it would make sense.

Edited by sonyaxe, Jan 15 2013 - 07:37 PM.

#846 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 18 2013 - 11:34 PM

Hmm... I wonder if we have enough Toa of different elements to Toa Seal him?

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor, Jan 18 2013 - 11:35 PM.

#847 Offline Pears Nivans

Pears Nivans

• 3,591 posts

Posted Jan 18 2013 - 11:40 PM

[color=#000080;]Well,  let's see... Counting those who aren't actually WoLs, we've got Air (Arillan,) Lightning (Kairan/Levacius,) Plant Life (Okena,) Psionics (Hexxon,) Iron (Myr/Rynekk,) Gravity (Ketru,) and Plasma (Zaak.) And that's just off the top of my head.[/color]

[color=#000080;]So, surprisingly, we do. :o[/color]

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020 - 021 - 022 - 023 - 024 - 025 - 026

- Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven- ??? - ??? -

#848 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 18 2013 - 11:50 PM

I actually laid the groundwork for a seal. I surrounded the Makuta with a sphere of plasma.

#849 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 12:08 AM

Well,  let's see... Counting those who aren't actually WoLs, we've got Air (Arillan,) Lightning (Kairan/Levacius,) Plant Life (Okena,) Psionics (Hexxon,) Iron (Myr/Rynekk,) Gravity (Ketru,) and Plasma (Zaak.) And that's just off the top of my head.

Also Saylt and Danave, I believe. So Ice and Psionics.

Well, we can't count on Levacius at the moment. Arillan and Rynekk are both occupied. That leaves Kairan, Okena, Hexxon, Myr, Ketru, and Zaak with six unique elements. Zaak and Ketru are both using their powers at the moment. Hopefully Kairan will be. That just leaves three others and the powers will start to form the seal. Then bam. When we leave on the Pale Burnak, we have something awesome to hook onto the front.

That scene in Titanic? Leonardo DiCaprio got nothing on a petrified Makuta.

#850 Offline light Laser

light Laser
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 83 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 02:17 AM

No it's not the same room, it's the makutas room, I don't know where Arillen found the swords so it might be possible, but I don't think so.

There could be viruses, or makutas weapons, or other cache goods or something.

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.
Wait that doesn't seem right.

Posted Image

#851 Online Colette Llyan

Colette Llyan
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 6,991 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 12:25 PM

Kairan's most certainly using his powers. xD I tried to have a speech more like an angry Toa(Who typically still manages to keep some control) would have; annoyed, and being subtle, but allowing you to know what they actually mean. =POh; wait; I could have that one guy you all keep forgetting about(Remember Sarkan?) and Desiana could help too. =O That's Iron and Sonics right there. Okena's not using his element, so he's out./EDIT: That's about 5/6 elements in play. Gravity, Plasma, Iron, Sonics, Lightning... We just need one more! If Greel got online, then we'd have all 6 with a Psionics attack.

Edited by BZP Blade, Jan 19 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#852 Offline Magnus Greel

Magnus Greel
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,198 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2013 - 12:58 PM

So, we're going to attempt to imprison the Shepherd in a Toa Seal? I'm game for that.

I'll just go whip out a multi-character post...

#853 Offline Just Norik

Just Norik
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,874 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2013 - 04:49 AM

Fightning a Shepherd... wow, cool.

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.

#854 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,023 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 01:58 PM

Anyone open for interaction in the Parched Wastes?

citd_small.jpg

#855 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 889 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 02:55 PM

Someone's going to have to stay and keep the inhabitants in line.

When you get right down to it, we're all just shades on the spectrum of Humanity.
What matters most in life is not what you are, or what group you belong to, but who you are.
Fight hate with understanding.
Fight ignorance with knowledge.
Fight cruelty with compassion.
Don't be the poison, be the antidote.

#856 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 02:56 PM

Zaak could maybe do it. He may be a Turaga after using that much power, though. I was going to flip a coin to decide.

#857 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 03:15 PM

Zaak could maybe do it. He may be a Turaga after using that much power, though. I was going to flip a coin to decide.

That's not how it works, dude. Toa become Turaga when they expend all of their Toa Power. It's the energy that Elynirus uses, and it's different from your elemental powers. Plus, you have to complete your destiny - whatever that is. So even without your Toa Power, you might remain a Toa until then.

Otherwise, when Gali used a Nova Blast to wipe out Karzahni, she would have become a Turaga. That expends all elemental power at once, after all.

#858 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 03:34 PM

Ooohhhh, I see. NVM about Turaga, but Zaak could still stay.

#859 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 03:36 PM

I see very little reason for anyone to stay. Or how the inhabitants would be kept in line by one person. Or why you'd want to keep them in line.

#860 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 03:41 PM

Well then I won't stay. But are we still putting the sealed Makuta on the front of the ship? :P

#861 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members

• 889 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 03:52 PM

To keep the plot alive, of course.

When you get right down to it, we're all just shades on the spectrum of Humanity.
What matters most in life is not what you are, or what group you belong to, but who you are.

#862 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 04:28 PM

To keep the plot alive, of course.

If you're referring to my statement, I see how it matters. I'm sure TPTI will have something for us to do once we leave the island. As Levacius said before, we've still got a group of highly powerful, well trained beings with the Wolves - and they're all being pointed at one enemy. And we know there's at least one other Shepherd left besides the first one who's out there somewhere (the one who talked with the Makuta in their projection on Haven Cove earlier, when the Power Scream Kraata popped out of the one cache.

I think there might be two. It would be metagaming to say so in person, but I recall TPTI making a post where three indiviudals were speaking to each other somewhere beyond the confines of the island. But like I said - metagaming, if we knew that.

The plot isn't completed until the entire Shepherds of Flesh organization has been toppled - it's time to take the fight to them.

#863 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members

• 889 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 04:32 PM

That is an overwhelmingly strong point.

#864 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 04:52 PM

Oh don't worry, I have plenty of ideas for what happens if you figure out the trick of getting past the dome. The real purpose behind the Island, for one. 

And yes, there are more Shepherds than just the Makuta. At least five more

#865 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members

• 889 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hm... I may need a new character.

#866 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 05:38 PM

Wolves of Liberty don't seem to be moving much. I thought you'd be making a move to get out by now, you just waiting on me to do something?

#867 Offline Pears Nivans

Pears Nivans

• 3,591 posts

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 06:01 PM

I think people are just busy with finals and such right now--that's why I haven't posted recently. There's been a similar lack of posts in both of my RPGs, at any rate, so it's a reasonable assumption.

rotrbanner.png

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

#868 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 07:27 PM

I've been waiting for the description of the interior of the Pale Burnak hold. And everyone else. Elynirus is just going on with what she does, and Levacius can't do much. Kopraga is waiting for a queue. Sledge... well, we may actually see him now, somewhere along the way.

#869 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members

• 889 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 11:59 PM

I'm waiting for someone to do something that could conceivably involve Myr.

#870 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members

• 889 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 01:53 PM

Seriously? Nobody's doing anything?

#871 Online Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,206 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 02:28 PM

I don't really know what happened, but for some reason, everybody's stopped posting.

#872 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members

• 889 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 05:20 PM

TPtI, or whatever your name is now, start posting stuff!

#873 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 25 2013 - 07:15 AM

Post what? Most active players were bound up in the escape plan and you haven't been doing anything. Start escaping so I can keep the story going!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users