Island Monitoring Service

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

OOC: Ok, edit time for me. My bad about plasma blast, changing hordika back, but it is true about the Kanohi Dragon aura of heat. Bionicle Legends #4: "The heat generated by the now fully thawed creature melted most of the city's guardians. Pg. 56. Took four toa of Ice to knock it unconscious. I think something would have happened to his hand. Also- Pg. 60-61: "While the fate of the dragon was being debated, Nidhiki took it upon himself to try and kill it. But the armored scales that had deflected so many blows during the fighting prevented him from ending the creature's life." Its scales are extremely hard. If you could prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that the dragon would be dead, list your reasons. And do not just say, "because the GM said so." If the everyone ignored basic rules/bionicle lore (read the books/ do research on it if you don't know), it detracts from the experience of the RPG, and also makes it unfair for others, even if it is an NPC dragon. I still admit it is dead, but I think it is unfair that it died like that. *cough*godmodding*cough* (I think it is, at least)

IC: Zaak

Zaak hit the Makuta, and was rewarded with a small stumble. He yelled and, making his sword turn white hot with the plasma running down it, channeled all of his strength into a devastating over- head strike that would hit the Makuta in the shoulder. (how tall is the Makuta?)

OOC: "He seemed to recover just in time to see the oncoming Zaak, hitting him with enough confusion power to stop him remembering which way was up." Confusion power? I"M confused about this.

This could get a bit long so I'm bringing it here

1. You think maybe that heat generated by a dragon would be the fiery breath? Not some aura of heat that I can't see referenced anywhere?

2. As to killing it: you said yourself this is a junior dragon so its not as tough. You had your character successfully pull one of those scales off so they're clearly not something to be shouting about. And Kopraga had just boosted his strength massively by absorbing a whole load of shadow energy. I don't think killing it is going to be too hard

3. If you're going to complain about other people godmodding it helps if you aren't the one also complaining your NPCs just aren't invincible enough

4. Makuta, unless there are extenuating circumstances, have all 42 Rahkshi powers. Confusion is one of those powers. And since this Rahkshi is neither blind nor mutated, he has that power. Which he just used on you

5. Speaking of which, since Zaak just got hit with a confusion blast he's not exactly going to be able to land a hit on the Makuta, or make some leaping overhead strike

6. The Makuta is tall. And heavy

7AOYGDJ.jpg

If I remember corretly, anyone can use Toa Power to heal an ailment--the Metru did it at least once to heal a Rahi--so it's not a Nuva-exclusive power. I'd imagine, though, that depending on the seriousness of the poison that you might need several 'doses' from a couple of different Toa, but that's Power's call.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Ok, edit time for me. My bad about plasma blast, changing hordika back, but it is true about the Kanohi Dragon aura of heat. Bionicle Legends #4: "The heat generated by the now fully thawed creature melted most of the city's guardians. Pg. 56. Took four toa of Ice to knock it unconscious. I think something would have happened to his hand. Also- Pg. 60-61: "While the fate of the dragon was being debated, Nidhiki took it upon himself to try and kill it. But the armored scales that had deflected so many blows during the fighting prevented him from ending the creature's life." Its scales are extremely hard. If you could prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that the dragon would be dead, list your reasons. And do not just say, "because the GM said so." If the everyone ignored basic rules/bionicle lore (read the books/ do research on it if you don't know), it detracts from the experience of the RPG, and also makes it unfair for others, even if it is an NPC dragon. I still admit it is dead, but I think it is unfair that it died like that. *cough*godmodding*cough* (I think it is, at least)

IC: Zaak

Zaak hit the Makuta, and was rewarded with a small stumble. He yelled and, making his sword turn white hot with the plasma running down it, channeled all of his strength into a devastating over- head strike that would hit the Makuta in the shoulder. (how tall is the Makuta?)

OOC: "He seemed to recover just in time to see the oncoming Zaak, hitting him with enough confusion power to stop him remembering which way was up." Confusion power? I"M confused about this.

This could get a bit long so I'm bringing it here

1. You think maybe that heat generated by a dragon would be the fiery breath? Not some aura of heat that I can't see referenced anywhere?

2. As to killing it: you said yourself this is a junior dragon so its not as tough. You had your character successfully pull one of those scales off so they're clearly not something to be shouting about. And Kopraga had just boosted his strength massively by absorbing a whole load of shadow energy. I don't think killing it is going to be too hard

3. If you're going to complain about other people godmodding it helps if you aren't the one also complaining your NPCs just aren't invincible enough

4. Makuta, unless there are extenuating circumstances, have all 42 Rahkshi powers. Confusion is one of those powers. And since this Rahkshi is neither blind nor mutated, he has that power. Which he just used on you

5. Speaking of which, since Zaak just got hit with a confusion blast he's not exactly going to be able to land a hit on the Makuta, or make some leaping overhead strike

6. The Makuta is tall. And heavy

1-3. All true. And since it never specified how the dragon produced heat, I guess it is open for interpretation.

4-5: I thought that you said Zaak hit the makuta, not the other way around. My bad.

6: Got it.

Edited the post in the RPG topic so it would make sense.

Edited by sonyaxe

Well, let's see... Counting those who aren't actually WoLs, we've got Air (Arillan,) Lightning (Kairan/Levacius,) Plant Life (Okena,) Psionics (Hexxon,) Iron (Myr/Rynekk,) Gravity (Ketru,) and Plasma (Zaak.) And that's just off the top of my head.

So, surprisingly, we do. :o

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Well, let's see... Counting those who aren't actually WoLs, we've got Air (Arillan,) Lightning (Kairan/Levacius,) Plant Life (Okena,) Psionics (Hexxon,) Iron (Myr/Rynekk,) Gravity (Ketru,) and Plasma (Zaak.) And that's just off the top of my head.

Also Saylt and Danave, I believe. So Ice and Psionics.

Well, we can't count on Levacius at the moment. Arillan and Rynekk are both occupied. That leaves Kairan, Okena, Hexxon, Myr, Ketru, and Zaak with six unique elements. Zaak and Ketru are both using their powers at the moment. Hopefully Kairan will be. That just leaves three others and the powers will start to form the seal. Then bam. When we leave on the Pale Burnak, we have something awesome to hook onto the front.

That scene in Titanic? Leonardo DiCaprio got nothing on a petrified Makuta.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

No it's not the same room, it's the makutas room, I don't know where Arillen found the swords so it might be possible, but I don't think so.

There could be viruses, or makutas weapons, or other cache goods or something.

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

Kairan's most certainly using his powers. xD I tried to have a speech more like an angry Toa(Who typically still manages to keep some control) would have; annoyed, and being subtle, but allowing you to know what they actually mean. =POh; wait; I could have that one guy you all keep forgetting about(Remember Sarkan?) and Desiana could help too. =O That's Iron and Sonics right there. Okena's not using his element, so he's out./EDIT: That's about 5/6 elements in play. Gravity, Plasma, Iron, Sonics, Lightning... We just need one more! If Greel got online, then we'd have all 6 with a Psionics attack.

Edited by BZP Blade

Zaak could maybe do it. He may be a Turaga after using that much power, though. I was going to flip a coin to decide.

That's not how it works, dude. Toa become Turaga when they expend all of their Toa Power. It's the energy that Elynirus uses, and it's different from your elemental powers. Plus, you have to complete your destiny - whatever that is. So even without your Toa Power, you might remain a Toa until then.

Otherwise, when Gali used a Nova Blast to wipe out Karzahni, she would have become a Turaga. That expends all elemental power at once, after all.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

To keep the plot alive, of course.

If you're referring to my statement, I see how it matters. I'm sure TPTI will have something for us to do once we leave the island. As Levacius said before, we've still got a group of highly powerful, well trained beings with the Wolves - and they're all being pointed at one enemy. And we know there's at least one other Shepherd left besides the first one who's out there somewhere (the one who talked with the Makuta in their projection on Haven Cove earlier, when the Power Scream Kraata popped out of the one cache.

I think there might be two. It would be metagaming to say so in person, but I recall TPTI making a post where three indiviudals were speaking to each other somewhere beyond the confines of the island. But like I said - metagaming, if we knew that.

The plot isn't completed until the entire Shepherds of Flesh organization has been toppled - it's time to take the fight to them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been waiting for the description of the interior of the Pale Burnak hold. And everyone else. Elynirus is just going on with what she does, and Levacius can't do much. Kopraga is waiting for a queue. Sledge... well, we may actually see him now, somewhere along the way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...