Island Monitoring Service

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Umaroth: Shimmering Maze:Umaroth peeked at Rastaque battling Blinding White. When Rastaque was about to slam his fist into Blinding White's face, Umaroth made the field of gravity around Rastaque drop.

Not quite sure what you mean here. Did you mean that Umaroth made the gravity reverse again, thus causing Rastaque pretty much no harm? Or did you mean that Umaroth made gravity normal (which it already was), which Rastaque is using his air to defy? Or did you mean that he made it zero gravity, which would just let Rastaque hit harder?

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Well, in either case, I left it so that he could or couldn't have been pushed. He grabbed onto something to keep himself from falling, thus implying normal or enhanced gravity. Anyways, past that now.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

Rastaque/Shimmering Maze, Fighting Blinding WhiteIC:

This didn't change the fact that Rastaque had swung his now exceedingly heavy satchel like a club towards his opponent's face. Thus, it hit its target, being projectile-like in its trajectory. Blinding White had a brick slam into the back of his head and the added bonus of then having his forehead slammed into the toa od air's own. Of course, that hurt both of them.What was really important about the bag was that they were now spinning around at a high velocity during they're descent. What was Rastaque to do? Escape, of course. When he had what he assumed was a clear shot, he tore his body from Blinding White's own, painfully moving his frozen joints, and threw his own bag as a projectile upwards. Why this was important was the fact that the assassin clung to it, thus pulling him with it. While in mid-air, he aimed at where Blinding White was - or at least where his somewhat distorted vision led him to believe the toa was - and slung his satchel with immense power downwards so that it would crush its target. Of course, with pain and dizziness blurring his senses slightly, it'd be more likely to crush a limb than his actually body. Still, the Sanok would do its job and make the thing hit very close to its intended target: Blinding White's chest or back.There was also the added fact that he was now falling again, right towards Blinding White.

Umm, gravity is back to normal, has been for a while. So the whole flying upwards by throwing your satchel thing isn't going to work. Ice or not, you're still way too heavy for something like that to happen. And I'm kind of doubtful they'd go into a corkscrew just through you swinging something a bit

7AOYGDJ.jpg

a.) I assume turning something into a projectile means being able to swing/throw/whatever it at a higher velocity than would normally be possible. b.) The satchel is heavy. As they were released from any bonds, the swing of the satchel would, when it hit Blinding White, transfer its momentum into him. Or so I would think.

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

A.) No, the Sanok just allows you to throw things accurately. It doesn't add speed or strength, because those are separate masks. You seriously overestimate the Sanok at timesB.) Heavy yes, but not enough to send them into 'high velocity' spins. You also seem to have ignored my point that there is no anti-gravity, so the satchel wouldn't somehow send you flying upwards, then downwards. You'd just fall. It also limits the time you'd have to do all that stuff, as I made it clear before that this was just a corridor, not much distance between ceiling and floor.That whole post is just...physically impossible

7AOYGDJ.jpg

A.) Indeed... However, the official definition implies that it can break physics. For example, it says that with it the user can hit almost anything for which he aims - Rastaque was aiming for higher in the air/the ceiling. So...B.) Sure. Just spinning, not high velocity. I'll edit that. Yet I don't see how I'm implying zero gravity. They were falling. Rastaque launched himself higher before they hit the ground, flung the satchel, and then fell. Took a few moments.

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

Look at how you launched yourself upwards. You're throwing the satchel like its some kind of anchor and will pull you wherever you want to go. Physics does not work that way. You are still heavier than the satchel so it can't pull you upwards, gravity will still be pulling you and the satchel down. Couple in that your reactions and movement speeds should be severely slowed by frozen joints, and there's no way you can pull something off that fast without anti-gravity

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Hmm... well, I could use the "Bionicle physics aren't the same" argument here, but then that would just make me an idiotic-sounding #####. So, I edited the whole thing. Better?If not, I'll go with your newest post.As an added note, the satchel would have hit Blinding White, as it wasn't prevented from hitting, as far a I can tell. So he would at least have a severe headache and a bump on the back of his head.

Hmm... well, I could use the "Bionicle physics aren't the same" argument here, but then that would just make me an idiotic-sounding #####.

Yeah, I could see your argument steadily working towards "Because Sanok" again :rolleyes:No, see, you still see to be thinking there's a huge amount of time between falling and landing. You wouldn't have time to do half that stuff before hitting the ground. Lets just go with my version, especially since others have responded to it now

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Here's a question regarding masks -In canon, the Toa Mata wore multiple masks and switched between them at will. But all of their masks were in the Toa Suva. Since none of our characters have toa suvas, can they do that? Or do they have to manually remove, and then place a new one on? I always thought it was the latter, but it would be nice to have a confirmation on how that will work in this RPG. I keep switching masks with Arillan, but having an insta-switch would be a significant boost in power.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I always thought it was the suva that did that. Good to know, though. No more carrying my best tools in an easily stolen pack...Lets see, Garai, Hau, Crast... three more and a magic statue is all I need for a golden kanohi.Don't know where the Magic Statue is though.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I tend to lean towards instantaneous switching. Way I always saw it was the Toa could put masks over masks and sort of blend them. I think it comes from the comics when Kopaka gets his Hau and it warps into his face

That's what Hexxon's been doing, I think. Putting one underneath his current mask while using the one on top, and pulling off the one on the top when he wants to use the one underneath - like what Vakama did with the Mask of Time over his Huna. Is that the same thing, or are they able to use the Kanohi underneath without taking off the top one(s)?

Where did you get five? O_o(Looks at post)Blast. Shouldn't have let you take the mask and gauntlet. >_<Arillan was nearby, and a bow made out of that would be epic to have.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I wouldn't worry about it too much, he's likely to move sometime soon anyway; I'm sure the map could be 'updated' in the game universe to reflect Lev's position without needing the map image updated. =P

Alright, no I haven't been on here in the last few days. Life and a little bit of TF2.Now then, I assume nothing has been done since this post? If not, then I have a few things to say. First, Arillan is smarter, but Jontan has more sheer power with which to deal. So maybe he isn't taking the smartest route. But he can still fight. Look at all the people that were fighting Rastaque, for example. It took minutes for them to collapse. Yes, they still had a small amount of oxygen to use. So Jontan has only about a minute or two. But he is in a life-or-death situation, unwilling to give in to Arillan, ans he is going to use all of his power to live. The oxygen in his lungs is gone, but he still has it in his bloodstream. He can still go for another minute or two.Also, TPtI, where we left in the Rastaque/Blinding White/everyone else fight, I was thinking that Rastaque was behind them, just directing the needles from the front. But either way, what's happening in that fight?

If you stuck a vacuum cleaner (that's the only thing I can think of to suck gas out of somebody) on someones face, they couldn't keep going for one to two minutes. I gave you a choice of defeat, which would lose you a piece of equipment - which wasn't what your starting character had anyways, and Arillan had claimed before you took it from him without giving him a chance to keep it.Close your eyes. Let out all the breath you can. Clench your nose and close your mouth. Within about ten seconds, counted out properly, more or less dependent upon your body, you'll start to feel the straining in the lungs. I would stop there, personally.Just because you could live for a minute doesn't mean you could focus and say, "Wall of sand! Fist of sand! Storm of sand! Little flying bats made of sand! Sand sand sand!" when you're doing it.Jontan is in a much worse situation than the others - they had some oxygen to work with, because Ratasque was only creating a vacuum, not emptying a vacuum. Arillan created a vacuum, much smaller and easier to manage, and then began pulling oxygen out of Jontan and sending it out of the vacuum into the outside.If you can think up some way to escape that seems feasible in the circumstance, go right ahead. But if you can't, I gave you a way to accept defeat.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Can I get a recap on the RPG?The last thing I remember was that the 'Wolves or Liberty' were debating (or had decided to) destroy the hordika venom. And Amalia and Kono were trying to get the Parched Wastes Cache, and Levacius had stumbled upon Stony Leap with a few other people.Those are really the only three things I need updating about.-Skar

1. Pretty much unanimous to destroy the venom, though the debate was interrupted by Terizov 'attacking'. =P2. Amalia would like some help defeating Dust Darters. =P3. That group of people is actually just meeting with the Wolves of Liberty now. =)

1. Pretty much unanimous to destroy the venom, though the debate was interrupted by Terizov 'attacking'. =P2. Amalia would like some help defeating Dust Darters. =P3. That group of people is actually just meeting with the Wolves of Liberty now. =)

I still wish we did not destroy it. Guess I'm actually immoral. :P