Island Monitoring Service

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Lul, guys: Couldja please not have your chars, whether intentional or not, destroy it permanently? I'm really thinking about one of my chars obtaining that at some point. It would be a very interesting plot device to use; I'd hate to see it go to waste. :devil: -The Fearless Leader

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

So I haven't been active the past week. Sorry. I have permission to reveal that I'm a judge in SSC#8. So that's the biggest reason. Also a large reason of why I do not want to read everything that has happened. XD There's also the fact that I want to play some TF2 (which I just started playing).So, sorry, but I request yet another recap. Hopefully I won't have something like this happen again (at least in the near future).

If you stuck a vacuum cleaner (that's the only thing I can think of to suck gas out of somebody) on someones face, they couldn't keep going for one to two minutes. I gave you a choice of defeat, which would lose you a piece of equipment - which wasn't what your starting character had anyways, and Arillan had claimed before you took it from him without giving him a chance to keep it.Close your eyes. Let out all the breath you can. Clench your nose and close your mouth. Within about ten seconds, counted out properly, more or less dependent upon your body, you'll start to feel the straining in the lungs. I would stop there, personally.Just because you could live for a minute doesn't mean you could focus and say, "Wall of sand! Fist of sand! Storm of sand! Little flying bats made of sand! Sand sand sand!" when you're doing it.Jontan is in a much worse situation than the others - they had some oxygen to work with, because Ratasque was only creating a vacuum, not emptying a vacuum. Arillan created a vacuum, much smaller and easier to manage, and then began pulling oxygen out of Jontan and sending it out of the vacuum into the outside.If you can think up some way to escape that seems feasible in the circumstance, go right ahead. But if you can't, I gave you a way to accept defeat.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

So I hate to keep this argument going. But anyways: Remember that toa aren't human. Remember that toa are only about one-fourth or so organic. Also remember that toa are many, many, many times more resilient than humans. Furthermore, Jontan needs only his brain to do this, not a voice. He isn't calling out his attacks or anything. =PSo yeah, I want that Avsa pretty badly, and I think that's a pretty valid argument.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Excuse my fine sirs, but if a character were to join the RPG after his approval by the Moderator, would he simply awake on the island? Would the briefing about the caches and what not, and being captured by slavers and placed on the island be the last thing they remembered?

Largely yes. You get captured, you get knocked out, you wake up on the Island

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Toa still need oxygen. You can't use your elemental powers as well when you don't have any oxygen going to your brain. Your brain needs oxygen to work right. If you have no oxygen, it stops your brain as much as the rest of your body.And I'm not saying you're calling out attacks, but when you're using your powers you're focusing. Full oxygen, create a crashing down wave of sand. No oxygen at all in your lungs even, make a large ripple go through the sand.That Avsa will be mine, even if I must tear it from your cold, demon possessed hands! (And if we do that I get your armor and other equipment)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :Flagsua:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Excuse my fine sirs, but if a character were to join the RPG after his approval by the Moderator, would he simply awake on the island? Would the briefing about the caches and what not, and being captured by slavers and placed on the island be the last thing they remembered?

Largely yes.You get captured, you get knocked out, you wake up on the Island
I'd assume then that I would be far away form any caches, and others, to add a competitive edge? (By the way, this is what attracted me to this RPG, that being the sense of competition and survival of the fittest. Well done.)-Zee

~The City of Legends.~

metru-nui-sig.jpg

So I can't post an IC right now - but before anything else happens with the Jontan/Arillan fight, would you mind answering the question in my last IC post, Lev? About the circumstances regarding Arillan detecting Okena? I'm still confused about why he scanned so far out when Klax was only a few feet away. Especially since he didn't do that until I brought Okena to your attention again. :3

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Lul. My chars are a sociopath, worshiper of math, and pseudo-William Wallace Expy, respectively. Ah, variety (and insanity) sure 're the spice of life... x3But more importantly: How big is the island? The size of TIoP has been something I've been wondering about for a while now, and it's pretty relevant IMHO. I mean, I'd really like to know if a dude with, say, telescopic vision atop the Dragon's Roost can make out people in the ruins-and if so, 'How clearly?' is another question that comes to mind. xP-The Fearless Leader

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

I've always thought of it as about the size of Wales, though it is wider. I would say that its about 160 miles from Dragon's Roost to Haven Cove, a bit less than that from either end of the Yawning Sunder

Okay, thanks. Glad to have a reference.Dag nabbit...It looks like there is no way the hordika venom will be saved now. 'Goodbye' to all my visions of Grotir injecting Kinika or something. xP-The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

But take into account that with the flesh-to-mechanics ratio, that'd mean that at least a portion of the brain is likely to be mechanical. Thus, again, it would take longer. If a man had a vacuum cleaner on his face (the mental image of which I find hilarious) that didn't physically impede movement with its bulk, he could fight at the same strength for a good while longer. Attach it to the lungs themselves? Pain from collapsed lungs. Still oxygen and adrenalin in the blood keeping him fighting as hard as ever, if not harder because he has to save his life. A minute later, he's either unconscious or dead. Depending on if the people he imminently killed died before or after they managed to finish him. Jontan is the man (with far greater resilience, less need for oxygen, and hundreds of times great power). Arillan is his opponent (that, of course, won't get killed, but will receive some type of injury from the cornered monster trying to tear his face from its position).Honestly, if you don't want to accept that idea, let's just go with TPtI's suggestion. (Also, regarding the mask itself, that is rightfully Jontan's. He killed the owner. =P)I assume Rastaque was left in the dust concerning Blinding White?So... Everyone (myself included) have been treating the island like it's maybe twenty miles in diameter. Running back and forth and forth and back. So... Yeah. Toa and such run way faster that humans possibly could?

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

The problem I have is that you say toa have partially mechanical brains. I've never believed that - they have fully organic brain, heart, lungs, muscles, and blood system. Possibly a partially organic digestive system, considering that they do eat. Everything else is mechanical, such as the "bones", exterior armor, etc.Which, of course, thus means that we have a personal argument on what a toa is.And I am tempted by that, but considering this all is (supposed) to be a few minutes, not a few days, and Arillan made sure no Observers were nearby before attacking, it kind of ticks me off.(And I don't care who killed him, I looted his corpse. >_<)

So... Everyone (myself included) have been treating the island like it's maybe twenty miles in diameter. Running back and forth and forth and back. So... Yeah. Toa and such run way faster that humans possibly could?

This I do agree on - I thought the island was extremely small, considering as even the Southern Continent in the canon is barely larger than that (though we're not in canon anymore)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

So you think of a toa more as a glatorian was described: predominantly flesh with mechanical parts. However, according to Greg himself (and I asked him this), the Bionicle beings technically don't even have blood (no, I don't know how that works, but he said it). So RPing takes a big enough step over the line with that. Same for oxygen, most likely. Anyways, neither of those things would be the main concern either way. Essential, yes, but not of utmost importance.

@ TPTI Truth.Maybe it's the secret Southeastern Continent.EDIT:@ ToDDNeverthless, I've always considered a fully organic brain as being present.And on Glatorian, I simply imagined them a fully organic race that had lengthened their life spans by making themselves partially mechanical. Not canon, but since they weren't created by the Great Beings, I figured they had started off non-mechanical.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

There's nothing pointing towards either way, besides the fact that they are predominantly mechanical... We really can't move onwards, or so it seems, without other interaction. So I say that one of the many Observers that were in the Maze came outside the place and alerted the Shepherds/Caretakers.

Yes. As much as I want that mask, it's impossible to get you to accept defeat without being outnumbered three to one.And even then. :PStill, I do consider it bogus that the Caretakers could show up so quickly. This fight started in the middle of the massive fight against Blinding White, and has taken all of two minutes.Blame the Vahi, I guess.

We really can't move onwards, or so it seems, without other interaction.

On this subject I disagree as I gave the terms of defeat. You are posting on here; as such, it is entirely possible to move on without interaction. And, of course, if you can think of a way to escape your current confinement considering your lowered ability to use elemental abilities, you are still completely welcome.No more discussion; Either end the fight by offering the IC or make the game master end it with the given OOC.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

We can't move on because I honestly think he has more control at the moment due to the brain and such. So yeah. It wouldn't fit Jontan to give up anything. Also, as far as I can tell, Caretakers can teleport. Thus, they'd be able to get there pretty darn fast at the first sign.'Course, Parugi's idea could work.Also: No comment. :sarcastic:

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

I've always thought of it as about the size of Wales, though it is wider. I would say that its about 160 miles from Dragon's Roost to Haven Cove, a bit less than that from either end of the Yawning Sunder

Okay, thanks. Glad to have a reference.Dag nabbit...It looks like there is no way the hordika venom will be saved now. 'Goodbye' to all my visions of Grotir injecting Kinika or something. xP-The Fearless Leader
Grotir seems like a very bright person. :P

We can't move on because I honestly think he has more control at the moment due to the brain and such. So yeah. It wouldn't fit Jontan to give up anything. Also, as far as I can tell, Caretakers can teleport. Thus, they'd be able to get there pretty darn fast at the first sign.'Course, Parugi's idea could work.Also: No comment. :sarcastic:

I think it's a pretty darn good idea, tbh. Just give the word and I'll do it. A death from an attack would also be extra special awesome since you guys wouldn't see the ball coming toward you. :D

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Grotir IS bright. By doing that she could remove the weak link from the group and replace it with a stronger one, albeit one which may not like her.Of course, he'd probably see her logic behind that. He'd now be able to fire rhotuka and have increased senses and physical capabilities, plus useful mutations. In short, he'd be better able to make ends meet in combat and in survivability.-The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Frankly, with everything going on now and Levacius working on organizing the Wolves more, I wouldn't worry about the HV getting destroyed; it seems to have slipped from everyones' minds for the time being, and with the apparent trust issues between certain Wolves and members of Lev's group it's not something that's likely to be discussed again for a while.Plus, it's with Nostala right now, and I'm too busy to post. So nothing can happen to it anyway for at least another week. :P

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Yeah, mr. four of five against one. :P

It was two against one before you randomly showed up. >_<If Parugi attacks, then I call the attack on Jontan. He's more helpless. :P

We can't move on because I honestly think he has more control at the moment due to the brain and such. So yeah. It wouldn't fit Jontan to give up anything. Also, as far as I can tell, Caretakers can teleport. Thus, they'd be able to get there pretty darn fast at the first sign.

They're not omnipotent; they need an Observer to sniff something out for them, then report it to the Shepherds. At least a few minutes delay.That, and it would have to be a dual power Caretaker to be a threat.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Well, not kill them, as both are in constant motion. Jontan's being strangled in the air while playing tug-of-war with his sand. Arillan is... well, the sand around him is at least rippling violently. Strong debate there, of course. XD

Sure. But no killing. Also, Arillan is (from Lev's argument) moving far less than Jontan. An easier target. =PBetter yet, one at Arillan and one at Jontan, both of them manage to block it and drop their concentration on each other, instead focusing on killing the one that interfered with their fight? Arillan could feel it through the air, and Jontan has a demonic pair of eyes in the back of his head.