Mr. Fluffy

Bolin.Because Bolin. He's hilarious and a cool fighter. I mean, that match in Spirit of Competition? (Not the last one with the angst, the other one in which Bolin was awesome) That was awesome.I really like Lin and Korra and everyone though.

AXKP5KC.png

So, if you guys could choose an element, which would it be?I'd like to be an airbender myself. The philosophy seems pretty interesting, and with the airbending re-population it looks like the benders have a bit of a different lifestyle from before (the airbending kids being attached to their families, calling Tenzin "daddy" and such. I'm pretty sure it was brushed upon in the previous series that Aang was raised by Kiatso and didn't have a conventional family). I just think it's interesting. Plus I like the idea of flying around and spinning in circles (an activity which I may or may not currently partake in). Not to mention every airbender can bend. (Seriously, if Amon wants equality he should be giving non-benders bending ability instead of taking it away. It would be far more awesome and destructive that way. XD ... Actually, that ability sounds interesting. Giving bending to non-benders... I imagine it wouldn't be good).

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

every airbender can bend

So can every waterbender, earthbender, and firebender. Benders, shockingly, can bend. :PAs for practical considerations, earth and fire would be the best elements. Earth is omnipresent (I know I'm not really using this word right, but whatever) as well as forceful, and the products of such bending are basically permanent; similarly, fire needs no source and be sustained when provided with sufficient air and organic matter. Air fails the test of actual combat (and industrial) use in that it's impermanent and not particularly forceful (especially due to the associated philosophy).Meanwhile, water's nice and all, but a desert renders bending impossible and the water itself can be melted or made to evaporate. If it weren't for the simple matters of practicality, I'd chose water in a heartbeat: It's just so cool.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

CURSE YOU BIOGIO AND YOUR EYE FOR DETAILS!You know what I mean, though. XD Every person within the airbender population is a bender (which is the only element with that trait). And not every waterbender can bend thanks to Amon. So, technically because every airbender has been spared the wrath of Amon's evil thumb my statement remains logical (even though I'm grasping at straws and the straws don't yield much chocolate milk because of the shortage of chocolate syrup... And my metaphore breakes apart like a cookie that soaks in said milk).

Lin is my favorite. Bolin is probably second.As for element, I'd pick earth. More usable than fire, more universal than water, and more solid than air. Plus the perks of metalbending.e:

CURSE YOU BIOGIO AND YOUR EYE FOR DETAILS!You know what I mean, though. XD Every person within the airbender population is a bender (which is the only element with that trait). And not every waterbender can bend thanks to Amon. So, technically because every airbender has been spared the wrath of Amon's evil thumb my statement remains logical (even though I'm grasping at straws and the straws don't yield much chocolate milk because of the shortage of chocolate syrup... And my metaphore breakes apart like a cookie that soaks in said milk).

If you're referring to the fact that everyone who lived in the air temples is an airbender, that's because their society is structured that way. That's where they raise airbender children. Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

It's confirmed that all of the Air Nomads had (before genocide) the gene that allowed for bending. Living in the Temples was just the way that they became sufficiently spiritual to access the ability. So the bending is not entirely a product of their society (unless of course you mean the nearly universal xenophobia of every pre-war Avatar culture).~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

For me, the element is a toss-up between air, water, earth, and fire.. . . But honestly, I would probably choose earth. I also like air for the ability to fly, but just as well to raise myself on a giant pillar and tower look down at the little ants below who are actually people that look like ants because objects shrink when they are farther away and grow when they are closer up and therefore they would be small because they are far away beneath me and then I would laugh insanely.Ahem. I would also love to learn Toph's trick of seeing through dirt; to hear people approach from afar, to see in the darkness, to hear and see what's below the ground. Although, I wonder if that sense might be disrupted in a world filled with cars. Moreover, I've been told I would suit the element best. And Boomie, my favorite character and to whom I feel I relate the most, is an earthbender.

Plus I like the idea of flying around and spinning in circles (an activity which I may or may not currently partake in). Not to mention every airbender can bend. (Seriously, if Amon wants equality he should be giving non-benders bending ability instead of taking it away. It would be far more awesome and destructive that way. XD ... Actually, that ability sounds interesting. Giving bending to non-benders... I imagine it wouldn't be good).

That's an interesting thought. What if Amon could steal people's bending into himself . . . and not only that . . . but give it to others? Such as non-benders? Of course, that would be gruesomely twisted. It would be an illogical strategem indeed to gain equality by taking the benders' power and giving it to non-benders. Then it would just be the same . . . but the people who were "oppressing" would be "opppresed" and the previously "oppressed" would now be "oppressing."

From the desk of Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith

:smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Here's something I noticed: In And The Winner Is…, Korra and Lin have a good long fight with Amon's lieutenant on the top of the arena, whereas Asami was able to take him out quickly in The Aftermath. I'd pegged that as Asami having surprise and the electric gauntlet (instant stun) on her side, and while those are probably major factors, I think it also has to do with the style of fighting. After watching the Korra/Lin/Equalist fight scene again (and again and again, I love that entire sequence), I noticed the only good hits Korra landed on him were non-bending attacks. Initially she blasts him away from Lin with some fire, but that was because he wasn't paying attention to her. Then after a bunch of dodged fire blasts, she grabs him and flips him down onto the glass. Then she tries a fire kick, which I think actually gave him time to get back up, followed by some more fire, which he dodges. Then comes the elbow to the face (best part), which knocks him off balance and lets her blast him off the roof.I don't know about how Equalists train their chi-blockers and other mooks, but I think it might only focus on combat against bender opponents while leaving normal combat relatively weak. If so, this has (or had) potential to be an interesting plot point: the Avatar has to master the elements while simultaneously having to fight without them.Whatever, just a thought.Also as I was re-watching And The Winner Is… I kept noticing animation errors and inconsistencies and it bothered me because normally they seem pretty good about that.

OpAXNpl.jpg

That is a good point. After all, Asami was trained in self-defense for a good portion of her life. Korra was trained in bending which is more of a general style of fighting where there is distance between the opponent. Asami was right next to Mean-Person Mc-Shocky-Sparks and took him down pretty nicely. The different style probably did play a role in taking him down (he was probably used to fighting benders and evasion of elements is a huge part of their strategy it seems).New episode tomorrow. Can't wait to see what happens with the ROMANTIC SUB-PLOTS TM.

Poor air benders. While fire benders have lightning, water benders have plants and other living things, and earth benders have metal, they don't have anything.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

I figure the "special" air attack has something to do with stagnating the air in someone's lungs and suffocating them.My theory is that the elder monks kept the information hidden from the rest of the airbenders, and raised them as pacifists so they wouldn't try it. That's actually my idea for why the air society was pacifist in the first place; the airbenders who knew of the technique realized how brutal it was, so they changed their society to be opposed to such force.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Could take the whole suffocating thing to another level and make vacuums. Dying in a vacuum is a pretty nasty way to go; it'd definitely qualify as a dark past secret.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Poor air benders. While fire benders have lightning, water benders have plants and other living things, and earth benders have metal, they don't have anything.

There are a lot of special air techniques. In fact, Airbenders only get their tattoos once they have originated their own technique. From Aang, we saw the air scooter, along with that cool thing he did in "The Crossroads of Destiny" where he projected a wall of air from his body. I doubt there's any "dangerous, forbidden techniques" that were banned by the monks. Rather, these techniques probably never arose, since the Air Nomads were peaceful and had no need for such things. It's silly to think that because the other bending styles had these sorts of variations that Airbending had to have some sort of equivalent.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Mind if I cut in? Now, just because we haven't seen any bending specializations from the airbenders don't have any (air scooters and such don't count, their just variations of the core element). However, I also doubt the suffocation theory. I think such a maneuver could be easy accessible to any skilled airbender, and even if it isn't, it wouldn't be that hard to kill, just as it easy to kill with any other element. It is within my suspicions that their pacifist nature is simply derived from the nature of their element, similar to how the water tribes' society revolves around the relationship between moon and tides. Even then, they don't need any specialization. The elements balance each other out, which is a key motif of the series. Airbenders may seem inherently weak due to their peaceful nature and fact that they were easily destroyed by genocide (remember that the fire nation attacked during Sozin's comet) but they can be ridiculously powerful. I wouldn't mess with anybody that could generate a tornado in mere seconds (like Aang did in the Western Air Temple), so their natural potential balances out with metalbending and lightning bending and the such.However, bloodbending would make waterbending prodigies such as Hama and Katara completely OP if it weren't for the fact that it's only possivle during the full moon. >.>

Edited by Leada

27823982019_d53174fab1_b.jpg

I thought they could bloodbend at anytime, like Katara did during "The Southern Raiders".

Edited by Mr. Fluffy

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

Watch the episode again, she only bloodbended on the current leader of the Southern Raiders, which was done at night, during the full moon. The man who killed her mother, they attacked during the day, and she didn't use it. Besides, there are multiple points in The Puppetmaster where Hama mentions that bloodbending is only possible with the strength of the full moon present.

Uh, guys... Air benders can fly, glide, ride on air spheres, dodge, get some sweet ink, cloud bend (which would come in handy with fog and cover), create tornados, launch themselves several feet in the air over a sneeze, and have ye forgotten Aang's marble trick? The marbles, good sirs, THE MARBLES! -insert foamy-mouth-guy here-Plus they have domesticated giant bison (the animal where their bending comes from. They're the only element to ever do that). I think they're pretty much covered on the awesome scale.

Plus they have domesticated giant bison (the animal where their bending comes from. They're the only element to ever do that). I think they're pretty much covered on the awesome scale.

Actually, the Fire Nation had domesticated dragons. I'm not certain to what extent, but at least Rokku and Sozin both had dragons.Speaking of sky bison, where did Tenzin's come from . . . ? Wasn't Appa the last of his kind?

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

Plus they have domesticated giant bison (the animal where their bending comes from. They're the only element to ever do that). I think they're pretty much covered on the awesome scale.

Actually, the Fire Nation had domesticated dragons. I'm not certain to what extent, but at least Rokku and Sozin both had dragons.Speaking of sky bison, where did Tenzin's come from . . . ? Wasn't Appa the last of his kind?

Fun fact: Air nomads did not kill their bison like the firebenders hunted dragons. XPAlso, I think they found a small colony of Air Bison that managed to survive. So, like the dragons, they managed to survive.

I completely agree with Tekulo; Airbenders are awesome, which is a viewpoint that for whatever reason a lot of my friends disagree with. Also I want to bring up my opinion is that almost every Avatar we've followed is terrible at their job. Roku was indecisive and subsquently allowed the war to start. Kyoshi didn't do anything about the army that had conquered her entire continent until it affected her hometown, and Kuruk pretty much surfed all day. Not to mention that Aang disappeared for a 100 years and almost ended the Avatar cycle because he was too reckless to bother to fully master the Avatar state. and to complete my rant, Korra is rash, irresponsible, and hotheaded, solving her problems in a singular and uniform fashion; hitting them over the head with a hammer (don't get me wrong, I love her for her personality flaws). Yangchen is the only good Avatar we know of, and that's really only because of her reputation for doing whatever was necessary to perserve balance. All in all, Avatars are pretty bad at their jobs. and yeah, I read somewhere that Aang found some Sky Bison who survived, so that's why there is still a few on Airbender Island. oh, and I am ridiculously excited for tomorrow's episode.

Post has been edited by TekuloYeah, so I have no idea why this post existed in the first place... Apparently I quoted myself? O.eAnyway, I AM SO PUMPED FOR TODAY'S EPISODE!I missed the first airing, but I shall catch the episode later today. Korra vs Tarlock? Heck yes! 8D Edited by Tekulo: Toa of the Breeze

oh, and I am ridiculously excited for tomorrow's episode.

Same here. It's been two weeks! And it looks like Korra's gonna deal with that sleazebag Tarrlok.

I finally finished Airbender, and promptly watched the available episodes of Korra. I can't quite put my finger on what makes this show so great, but for some reason I love it. The characters are, for the most part, relatable and dynamic, and the plot is twisty. The animation is great. But, somehow, it feels like Avatar is more than the sum of its parts.Personally, I love Korra so far, but it hasn't measured up to Airbender yet. Korra's too headstrong and impulsive for my taste. Aang struck that balance between impulsive and cautious, which was a result of the Air Nomad lifestyle, I suppose, which is very much focused on balance. Korra is simply too stubborn to be as likeable as Aang. :PRegardless, Korra is still excellent so far, and I'm very much looking forward to the next episode.As for which element I'd choose- air, I believe, or possibly earth. Fire and water are similar in that they often seem more combat-oriented than the other two elements, and they are also the two elements vulnerable to circumstances outside the bender's control (the cycles of the moon, eclipses, etc.). Air and earth are more balanced and stable, unaffected by comets or spirits, and their applications feel less combat-oriented than fire and water.

Dang... that latest episode.

Before this, I had basically viewed Tarrlok as "good guy Zhao". But this episode made him worse than Zhao, worse than Long Feng, and possibly worse than Ozai. Now more than ever he has proven himself to be an equal antagonist to Amon himself. Hopefully we'll get a showdown between the two of them before all is through.The next episode seems like it may be the one where Korra finally manages to contact Aang. Hopefully he'll have some guidance for her on how to stop not just Amon but Tarrlok as well.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Oh man. I loved this episode.

Did anyone figure out what was going on in this week's flashback vision? Or read somewhere what was... Because it seemed to me like Tarrlok or somebody was on trial... And then Aang tried to blood-bend him?? It being shown at the blood bending revelation has to have some significance. But like all the others it was just too rushed for me to make sense of.Still, Tarrlok's awesome. Definitely Amon's antithesis.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Oh man. I loved this episode.

Did anyone figure out what was going on in this week's flashback vision? Or read somewhere what was... Because it seemed to me like Tarrlok or somebody was on trial... And then Aang tried to blood-bend him?? It being shown at the blood bending revelation has to have some significance. But like all the others it was just too rushed for me to make sense of.Still, Tarrlok's awesome. Definitely Amon's antithesis.

~|ET|~

The man that looked like Tarrlok was bloodbending everyone in the courtroom. Sokka, Toph and Aang were all clearly being bended, and you could see people in the background contorting as well.Great episode overall. I hope this serves to finally dissipate the Tarrlok=Amon theory, because it is a rather dumb one.Milo is priceless. "You're pretty. Can I have some of your hair?"

Edited by Panty Anarchy

AXKP5KC.png

HOLY MOTHER OF MOMO! ... Is it next Saturday yet? XD

This episode was awesome! Looks like we're getting into some bad blood (puns, yay) and we're opening some old wounds. Something's not quite right here... I have a feeling Tarlock and Amon aren't totally unrelated. Though, I don't think they're the same person, and I don't think they're working together towards the same goal. If anything it looks like they're working towards the opposite goals.Tarlock is pro-bending (outside of sports)Amon is anti-bending.There has to be something that links these two together. I'm now seriously doubting Amon is doing everything just because he lost his family. He's acting too... rationally and calm about it. He's not like Sato who showed so much outrage when he attacked the benders. It could be his personality, but I'm just not buying into that. Glad to see we have an antagonist that isn't a firebender. Fire benders seemed to be the biggest cause of trouble for our main characters this series. Mako and Bolin's parents, Amon's family and even Sato's wife (Asami's mother) were all reportedly taken by firebenders. Though the only distinct earth benders appear to be the metal bending police force so far. Something tells me the Avatar's disappearance will only hinder Amon's overall plan. Like he said before, if he took Korra's bending away sooner then there would just be benders from all over who would rally at her defeat. Also, Amon would be the first person to blame and the most likely suspect for Korra's disappearance. Wouldn't it be interesting if the Equalists attempted to save Korra? I'm sure they would love to take out Tarlock. Bragging rights and all.

Best--episode--yet.Tarrlok is a bloodbender. Tarrlok is a bloodbender. And not just during the full moon. I feel inclined to laugh in a few faces now; but I won't because I confess I had no logical basis for my outré theory, it was just one of those random guesses I'm inclined to make that turn out to be true. :PBut I can't believe the blaring fact you're all overlooking. Everything Tarrlok is doing is exactly what Amon would want. Korra said it herself that he was playing right into Amon's hands! He actually is oppressing the non-benders! Unless Tarrlok's just an all-around cool dude, which I might have called him up until the end of this episode, he must be working with Amon. His plan did nothing but boost Equalist support. What's he really up to? Is he Amon? I don't know. But I think there's a lot more to him than there seems, even now.So the flashback. Who was that losing their bending? I thought it was that Tarrlok-looking guy, but then he bloodbent in the next scene of the flashback. I want to see something more material! What's going on here? One thing's for sure . . . we have a lot to look forward to, when Aang finally talks to Korra.Oh, and it looks like Tarrlok's taking Korra away from Republic City. Yes.Also, the Avatarmobile? Awesome.

On another note, I watched The Last Airbender the other day. You know, the live-action film. It was pretty good. I had rock-bottom expectations, having heard awful things about it; and I always have low expectations when it comes to film adaptations of anything. There were some major changes and plot-holes--for example, why in the world didn't those earthbending prisoners kick the butts of those three miserable guards?--but I didn't mind them all that much. To be honest, I thought the Ember Island Players did a better job of casting, Aang alone an exception. But there were only three things that really irked me.First, character. Primarily, Sokka was hardly funny. Okay, serious live-action movie, I get it. But they could have done a better job with him than that. But Aang was also far too somber. And as for Katara . . . again, the Ember Island Players did better. And where were her hair-loopies? DXSecond, no cabbage merchant? That would have been the movie's single saving grace. . . .Third, pronunciation. Good grief, every time they spoke Ong's name, I wanted to cry.And Ee-row? It was enough to Sokka horse (as they pronounced it!). Every time they said a name, I wished they would put a Sokka 'n it (as it's meant to be pronounced!). And they couldn't even pronounce real words . . . comm-"ahn"-der, "Yin and Yong," Ah-vatar. In those cases, it was accent; okay, I can accept that. But Ong? Is he the Avatar or a bell? I was surprised they didn't call the Fire Lord Ozzie. . . .On the plus side, there was some epic action. They skipped Zuko's awesome duel with Zhao and Aang didn't crush the Fire Nation armada, but the scene where Aang and the Blue Spirit fought Zhao's soldiers was spectacular, as was the scene when they later found one another. The bending wasn't very good, but there was some excellent hand-to-hand combat, which was always something I wanted to see more of in the series--and something that, to be gratification, we've seen a lot more of in Legend of Korra with the Equalists.So, as a film, it was okay. As an adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender . . . ugh.

Best--episode--yet.Tarrlok is a bloodbender. Tarrlok is a bloodbender. And not just during the full moon. I feel inclined to laugh in a few faces now; but I won't because I confess I had no logical basis for my outré theory, it was just one of those random guesses I'm inclined to make that turn out to be true. :P

Can it, green. You know at the time my full moon points were totally valid... until now. XD Still, theory on that:Hammah was a prisoner when she first learned the technique. Her physical state must have been pretty terrible (she looked like a wreck). Perhaps because of this she could only muster enough strength during a full moon and thus she thought it only possible for that time. Also, it may be like metalbending; something that would take special training and great concentration to master. Also, Hammah was an old woman by the time her episode came to be; perhaps her bending had become too weak over time to bloodbend during the full moon. In any case, I am glad to see bloodbending back in the series. Really, I am so freaking happy! Wished they'd done more with it in the first series, but this is better than anything they could have done with bloodbending previously. Wonderful reveal.

But I can't believe the blaring fact you're all overlooking.

Except I though it was obvious?I mean Korra pretty much called him out on it in the show.

Also it kinda killed any remaining "Tarrlok is Amon" ideas that I had. He may be doing what Amon says he's doing, but he's pretty clearly enraged by being compared to him.

OpAXNpl.jpg

What a fantastic episode. I am truly impressed at how the creator's of this show continue to top themselves and well crafted the quickly escalating plot is. I had extremely high expectations for this series, and the fact that they are being perfectly met is an achievement in itself. My only disappointment thus far has been the Big Daddy mechs, which are pretty lame and unoriginal in my own opinion. I just wish that each episode was 48 minutes long, 24 minutes just isn't enough. I'd love to see the same general plotlines, just more dialouge, longer action scenes, and just more room for explication. Seeing as this show has better writing then full length dramas such as AMC's The Walking Dead, I think the show would be capable of entertaining even young audience for such periods of times. Mainly, I need more Korra to satiate my massive Avatar cravings. I'm starting to wish everyday was a new Saturday!

Now to discuss 'When Extremes Meet'. I think this might be my favorite episode thus far, simply because of the way it notches up the intensity even further. I loved how the new Team Avatar went about crushing Equalist activity, and the dynamic Asami adds to the group. She's balances out Korra's irrational behavior, showing herself to be resourceful, thoughtful and pragmatic while chasing the Equalist, character traits I doubt anybody was expecting when she was first introduced. Not to mention it was a very nice fight scene, Mako's lightning bending in particular amused me. I think that the New Team Avatar is beginning to shape up rather well.oh, and that reveal was fantastic. I'm anticipating finding out how Tarrlock is bloodbending without the full moon, and where he learned the method. Also, how many people are aware of bloodbending? It's possible that Katara taught Korra of the method and that's how she was able to recognize it, although I have my doubts about that granted her reservations towards actually performing it. I suspect that Tarrlock's abilities derive from greater then him simply being a powerful bender, as that would put him beyond bending prodigies such as Katara and Hama, perhaps some spiritual aid? It's also worth noting that old age pretty much makes you more powerful in the Avatar universe (mainly because of The White Lotus) and that Katara was more powerful then Hama anyways, and she couldn't do it without the full moon either. As for the flashback, I don't think that was Tarrlock on trail, but rather a relative simply because of the age of Aang and Sokka. I'd guess that flashback was roughly thirty or forty years ago as they both appeared to be only somewhat middle aged, which would make Tarrlock a very young man. It also makes it more likely that he was doing the bloodbending behind the scenes, as I don't see how one can bend like that without moving one's limbs. I also question how bloodbending would acquit a person on trial, especially with people present who are aware of the technic. All in all, a very interesting reveal, but one that requires a lot of answers. Is Tarrlock working with Amon? Plausible, but I doubt it. I view him mainly as a Long Fei type character, a person who is acting mainly in the interests of their own power. I think that if Tarrlock was working with Amon, he would have initially supported keeping the pro-bending arena open as Amon needed to make a demonstration for the citizens of Republic City. Although it is unquestionable that Tarrlock's rash actions are going to make the Equalist movement more powerful, it is entirely possible that he has own motivations. I think he is trying to increase the threat of the Equalist movement, so that he can take even more credit for bringing it down and perhaps ascend above the council in power and make Republic City a complete dictatorship rather then the tyrannical oligarchy it is know. I think it's an interesting idea really, two separate antagonists, opposed to each other as well as Team Avatar, each with their separate aims, motives and methods but both equally horrible for the balance of te world.As for the identity of Amon, I highly doubt its anybody we've met. I actually buy into his backstory, as it makes him the most sympathetic and interesting antagonist in Avatar lore. I don't think that his lack of visible emotion in his speech towards the matter makes it untrue, as you want to appear calm, rational, and pragmatic if you want to sway people towards your cause, rather then extreme, unhinged, and blinded by rage. and you know, starting a revolution is a sign of anger. However, it would be a pretty lame plot twist if he turned out to be Tarrlock, but not half as lame as some theories I've heard. ( eg Aang=Amon) >>

anyways here is the plot description for episode 9, 'Out Of The Past'. I'm pretty excited.

"Korra tries to understand her visions; Tenzin and Beifong search for Equalist hostages."

Edited by Leada

I don't get why people ever even need to form a connection between Amon and Tarrlok. They're both just radical extremists in completely opposite ends of the spectrum. They're both manipulative threats, but what they do simply doesn't work, at all, in tandem. @Leada:

Pretty sure the visions take place before Tarrlok was even born. He's 37. Yakone's trial was 40+ years ago.

Edited by Panty Anarchy

AXKP5KC.png

Yeah. Just because Amon and Tarrlock are both extremists does not mean they're together. Villains don't need to work with each other to be proper villains; Amon is a man out to seek vengance on the benders, or whatever his actual motives are. Tarrlock is a dirty politician who uses extreme measures to get his ideas done. Saying these two are connected basically rests on 'well Tarrlock is playing into Amon's hands.' While Tarrlock does seem to be reinforcing Amon's ideas, this doesn't mean they're connected. It could just mean that Amon has a point.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

oh, silly me. I completely forgot about Yakone. However, that makes the bloodbending during the trial even more interesting. I really need to go and look at the clip again. Might as well watch the whole episode again, because it was that fantastic.

Guys, guys.

Split personality *insert Discovery Channel "Alien" guy here*

No but seriously this episode was great. The last episode was pretty good, but didn't get nearly as much done in comparison. This just jammed every conceivable plot point into one episode and it was STILL fantastic. And those Airbender kids are the funniest thing ever.