I Have Returned... Oh And Here's Some Music.

I have returned from not being on here for a long time.So anyway, here is my music on this site http://soundcloud.com/trueshadowx01.Most are based on Bionicle characters and locations, while a few are simply have nothing to do with it at all, but check them out too.Here is a list of most of them and what they are meant for:His Quest (Has been posted in a previous post as a slide show)The Hero's Theme (A theme for the Chronicle. There's two versons: piano solo and orcestra)Dark Theme (A theme for Makuta's lair. There's two versons: piano solo and orcestra)Peaceful Jungle (A theme for the jungles of Le-koro)Journey (A theme for Under Ga-Koro)Earth and Stone (A theme for a battle in Onu-koro)Shadowed (A prototype theme for the Shadowed One)Chaotic Winds (A battle theme I once considered to use for B:NG, but I changed my mind)Lonely Curiosity (A theme for Takua)Endless Winter (A theme for the Place of Far Seeing)Encouragement (A theme for Unity)Feelings of Uncertanty (A theme for Destiny)Final Choice (A theme of Duty)Insanity (A prototype theme for Vezon the insane)P.S. I will attempt to update my epic "His quest" sometime this week.P.S.S. Oh and things are slowly moving along with my "project" for Bzp, but still going. (Just look at my avatar.... guess who.)Also, I will try to post something on it soon, but in the meanwhile enjoy my music.

Edited by TrueshadowX01

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

09972482fe0243bdf1778f84fd5d61d1.gif

I just checked these out, and they're good -- especially the orchestral ones. I'm not a big fan of piano-only music, and that held true for me here too, although I liked that Earth one. But those are decent too.I especially like the orchestral Dark Theme, that gave me chills. :DWhat'dja make 'em with?

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I have listened to "Insanity", "Encouragement", "Endless Winter", "His Quest", "The Hero's Quest" (both the piano and orchestral versions), "Chaotic Winds", and both versions of "Dark Theme". My thoughts:"Insanity": Well-composed, but kind of loud and jarring."Encouragement": Beautiful. I love well-composed piano music, and this piece definitely does the piano justice."Endless Winter": It starts out creepy but then adopts a bit of heroism, and that shift makes a lot of difference. Another great theme."His Quest": Another fantastic piano piece. I love it."The Hero's Quest (Piano Solo)": It has a very adventure-y feel; while it sounds very good as a piano solo, I think it could be filled out more. Which brings me to below:"The Hero's Quest (Orchestral)": Some background piano or brass would compliment the strings well and better round out the piece, but otherwise, it sounds great."Chaotic Winds": This theme definitely has a chaotic feel. Perhaps it could be used for a suspenseful or action-packed scene in the sky. This theme doesn't need any more instruments added."Dark Theme (Piano Solo)": The deep piano notes carry a hint of menace throughout the piece; while it doesn't sound evil, per se, it's definitely foreboding."Dark Theme (Orchestral)": This is fantastic. I may only be echoing Bonesiii here, but it needs be said: I felt chills listening to this theme.My conclusion: You're really good at composing. Keep making music -- maybe you'll be able to do something with it someday. Great job with these themes, and I look forward to listening to your other music.

Thank you both.Also, all of my compositions (and that one arrangement) were made with Finale 2011.Oh yeah, if you click on each song some have some brief mention of them.I am actually a little surprised you guys like "Dark Theme", I personally didn't like it that much. I may revise it.I will also note that most of the piano solos will be translated into orchestrated versions, except for songs like "Lonely Curiosity, Encouragement, and Temporal Peace"."Earth and Stone" is supposed to be a rock song, but the electric guitars generated in Finale don't sound very good and I haven't mastered the drum sets, I may experiment with it a little more with different instruments. (Also, I actually forgot about this song and was surprise to hear it after a few months later…)"Encouragement", is one of the few songs posted that is fully completed, along with "Lonely Curiosity" and "Temporal Peace". Anyway, it was a personal favorite and I glad you like.I encourage all of you to listen to all of my music, for I wish to know the best and the worse of my pieces.Again thanks.

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

I supose you could, but you'll have to pm me the details and examples of what your working on.Although, there are some songs revealed that I was might to use for my own secret project, (now all I need is a small crew of minions and a promotional announcement... *Slow evil laugh, like Kira*).Anyway, I will tell you which ones I would allow in the pm if you're interested.Also, I could always compose new music too, just discribe a theme or feel for whatever you're working on.-TrueshadowX01 (Hahahaha... it's 1:00 am...ish where I live.)

Edited by TrueshadowX01

Wow. I know next to nothing about music, so these really impress me. They're all really great to listen to. They fit the themes almost perfectly. I imagine alot of BZPers would love to have to provide a soundtrack for their videos and such.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

I know you'll be disappointed, but for some reason I thought of sunshine and flowers when I heard the Dark Theme. I'm not kidding.But it's all really very good. You use Garageband I assume?

I'm sorry to disappoint you on being disappointed, but I'm more intrigued then disappointed... :sly: Anyway, no I didn't use Garageband I used Finale 2011, it's a lot easier to use in my opinion and the quality and sound is also better quality for most of the instruments. The only thing is, it is a lot more expensive. Edited by TrueshadowX01

Enjoyed listening to all of these, including the ones not mentioned in the list. A real talent for composition, some really nice themes. Lonely Curiosity reminded me of something, but I don't know. Anyway, I like this sorta minimalist piano composing (which reminds me I really need to research some Philip Glass and such), though not that minimalist in this case. Very emotive pieces, I like these a lot.The piano sound was great (this was all VST, wasn't it? if it was live piano, I'm even more impressed). On the other hand, though, I felt that the orchestral tracks (excluding Peaceful Jungle) didn't seem to have enough weight, like wasn't a really full sound, something missing that I can't quite place. I don't mean added instruments btw. Doesn't take away from the great composing though. I need to keep an eye on your compositions, I feel. I like these a lot.signoff.png

Edited by Phyoohrii

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk