• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

News And Proto Boosts

News Boosts Proto

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Offline Stryker055

Stryker055
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 4,356 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 05 2012 - 09:29 PM

Sadly, no. I don't keep up with things relevant to this site quick enough. :P

#42 Offline Taka Nuvia

Taka Nuvia
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,053 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 06 2012 - 06:32 AM

I only find out about stuff because of the front page, so no, I've never submitted news :DBut I guess it's really cool if your tips/news reports get featured and you get a reward ^^

22_rise_f.jpg

#43 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Repulsion

• 19,288 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 06 2012 - 08:11 AM

I've submitted one. It was that one with the guy proposing to his girlfriend via a LEGO stop motion animation. Then I got a boost.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#44 Offline Kakaru

Kakaru
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Fish

• 1,753 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 07:21 PM

I've submitted one. It was that one with the guy proposing to his girlfriend via a LEGO stop motion animation. Then I got a boost.

Woah hey I remember thatI've submitted dozens of reports, got two on the front page and a single proto boost. And then I was a reporter.All I can say is that reports rarely go unnoticed. For the most part I read all that were sent within the past three to four days when it comes time to write an article. Anything older is usually irrelevant (or outdated), though occasionally there's some fantastic things that don't become useless with time -as do new set announcements, sales, lego.com updates, etc- that we can still use. (Sometimes it can go back a couple weeks, where it was accidentally skipped for whatever reason.) And trust me, we don't discriminate based on member name or anything like that. If it's news, it's news. If it doesn't get used it's because it's either not front-page-worthy or something better (or more important) was sent in that takes priority.

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達

#45 Offline Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,227 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 09:52 AM

I never knew that reporting news could give you a proto boost. I will have to look for some news stories now.How do I report a news story? Please answer or pm me if you can help.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#46 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 11,020 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 09:55 AM

Woah hey I remember thatI've submitted dozens of reports, got two on the front page and a single proto boost. And then I was a reporter.All I can say is that reports rarely go unnoticed. For the most part I read all that were sent within the past three to four days when it comes time to write an article. Anything older is usually irrelevant (or outdated), though occasionally there's some fantastic things that don't become useless with time -as do new set announcements, sales, lego.com updates, etc- that we can still use. (Sometimes it can go back a couple weeks, where it was accidentally skipped for whatever reason.) And trust me, we don't discriminate based on member name or anything like that. If it's news, it's news. If it doesn't get used it's because it's either not front-page-worthy or something better (or more important) was sent in that takes priority.

Unfortunately, I have already had a few reports missed and then featured on the front page later with someone else as the source. :P

I never knew that reporting news could give you a proto boost. I will have to look for some news stories now.How do I report a news story? Please answer or pm me if you can help.

Check this post of The New Q&A Compendium for a great deal of information regarding news, written by yours truly. :P-Gata Posted Image

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#47 Offline Kakaru

Kakaru
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Fish

• 1,753 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 11:36 PM

Unfortunately, I have already had a few reports missed and then featured on the front page later with someone else as the source. :P

Whderp, that's odd. I suppose if you sent the story in quite a bit earlier with a subject different than that of the report used it could get overlooked. Hope it wasn't my fault. ><

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達

#48 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 11,020 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 06:38 AM

Whderp, that's odd. I suppose if you sent the story in quite a bit earlier with a subject different than that of the report used it could get overlooked. Hope it wasn't my fault. ><

No worries, that was before you joined the news team. :P It´s quite a while ago already, perhaps two years.-Gata Posted Image

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users