Translated Quote In Signature

Infrared

Hi. Sorry if a similar question has been posed before, I did some searching but I didn't find any.Anyways, I was planning on possibly translating a BIONICLE quote into Latin and using it in my signature, but the guidelines seem to be a bit fuzzy when talking about such things. The Language Use Guidelines state that the "occasional use of non-English languages or leet is allowed to add flavor or emphasis to your text," and then it provides some examples such as "sayonara," while the signature guidelines mention that signatures should be treated as if they are posts guideline-wise. In addition, the Compendium only mentions the term "language" in the "Leet" section. So, is it allowed to translate a BIONICLE quote into a foreign language to put it into my signature? If so, should I provide a translation as well (in my particular case, the quotes that I have translated thus far come out in gibberish when put into Google Translate because there's a difference between human and machine translation and the Latin Google Translate is in its Alpha build anyways)?Thanks!

I feel that it should be fine, as it is a quote in your signature. If it's a long quote it could be questionable, but still is most likely okay. Also, as long as there are no alternate meanings to the words used in it that could translate into something derogatory or offensive, there shouldn't be any reasoning for it to cause a problem for others.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I think it'd be okay, as long as you don't start posting everything in Latin.

I feel that it should be fine, as it is a quote in your signature. If it's a long quote it could be questionable, but still is most likely okay. Also, as long as there are no alternate meanings to the words used in it that could translate into something derogatory or offensive, there shouldn't be any reasoning for it to cause a problem for others.

Thanks for the replies!Okay, for what it's worth, this is the quote (it's kind of long):"The end is coming, Hydraxon, even as we stand here talking, and everything that lives can sense it. And now everything comes down to one mask and one Toa — me — and maybe I'm just not up to being a hero. So you take it. You save the universe."Latin overall is a more condensed language (words [particularly verbs] mean more than their English counterparts [like pugnabam means I was fighting]), so it'd probably take up less space.The only real thing that might be a problem with the translated quote is that the Latin word for "man" (vir) is also the word for "hero."