Bionicle Concept Video

A third possibility is to go to one of the other planets Mata Nui visited. I consider that or future Spherus Magna to be the two best choices. A reboot could work too though; been done by other franchises of course. :) And BTW, this is the second topic recently to discuss Bionicle's likelihood of return where it's not quite on-topic. There is a topic open now in LEGO Discussion that's directly on this; I'd recommend going there to discuss that; this is about the video the news linked to. (And BTW, the "first book" mentioned there does indeed refer to only 2001-2008; it is NOT implying a Bionicle return is likely.) It's that "a plausible rumor" topic (although the rumor in it isn't really plausible lol).

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Where did you see the things about other planets, bonesiii? Or were you just referring to the "Bara Nui" thing on the one robot art?Also of note, on that same image, part of the text mentions making the Bara Magna robot a tenth of the size of the one Mata Nui lost to Makuta for the sake of a more interesting final battle. I dunno how early this is, since the sketch of the robot is much closer in design to the final one we saw than other sketches, but neat to see that Makuta's takeover and the robot-on-robot fight was planned earlier on than we thought (or at least me).I also second the idea of an art book or something. I love seeing how things develop, especially when there's such long-term planning done.

rahkshi_symbol.png

One of them mentioned the robot flying between planets. I think it was the one where it would turn into a ball form, but I don't have time to check right now. It doesn't really prove planets were planned from the beginning, but it makes sense, otherwise why have a giant robot.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Is Metru Nui so tiny compared to the island of Mata Nui? :P Interesting to see the final battle between Makuta and Mata Nui was planned at least since 2008 if not earlier. Anyway, great video, I thoroughly enjoyed the great concept art (although we already knew most of it) and the great, fitting music in the background. The entire concept of BIONICLE was just brilliant. :)-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Wow.That was excellent. I would have liked it to go through 2010, but what we got was pretty good too.Seeing that makes me wonder if there are any animations that never saw the light of day.

I doubt it, since animations cost much more to make than simple concept art images. Except for some possible "test animations", I don't think it's likely any finished animations would have been created but not used to advertise the theme when it was still around.

Wow.That was excellent. I would have liked it to go through 2010, but what we got was pretty good too.Seeing that makes me wonder if there are any animations that never saw the light of day.

I doubt it, since animations cost much more to make than simple concept art images. Except for some possible "test animations", I don't think it's likely any finished animations would have been created but not used to advertise the theme when it was still around.
I know it's expensive, but you never know...

So, Bionicle's was premeditated all the way back in 1999-2000?That's a ton of story to write ahead.And what was with the "first book has been concluded" thing? Another chapter, perhaps?

The movie was most likely made in 2008 or early 2009, referring to the story from 2001 to 2008 as the first book.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Well, that was a fun little nostalgia trip. It was interesting to see some of the stuff on how the MU robot was planned all along, and the implementation of some of that stuff.However, it was a bit disconcerting to see how many people in the comments were talking about crying uncontrollably after viewing it. Quite an exaggerated reaction, IMO.~B~

It was pretty cool to see all the different concept art. I love seeing those and comparing it the the final "thing".

So, Bionicle's was premeditated all the way back in 1999-2000?That's a ton of story to write ahead.And what was with the "first book has been concluded" thing? Another chapter, perhaps?

I believe I read somewhere that there were three books planned in the entire Bionicle "story bible", all of which were going to be 8 years long. And please, don't quote me on that, I don't remember exactly where I read it, it was a while ago. If that is true, then it is quite a shame Bionicle was only able to have one book told, the others (hopefully temporarily) discarded due to toy sales.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

It was pretty cool to see all the different concept art. I love seeing those and comparing it the the final "thing".

I believe I read somewhere that there were three books planned in the entire Bionicle "story bible", all of which were going to be 8 years long. And please, don't quote me on that, I don't remember exactly where I read it, it was a while ago. If that is true, then it is quite a shame Bionicle was only able to have one book told, the others (hopefully temporarily) discarded due to toy sales.
I have doubts about that, simply because originally the BIONICLE years in the "first book" were going to be different anyway. 2008 was originally going to be a third year for Jaller's team (Inika/Mahri/whatever), and would simply bring Mata Nui back to life, while 2009-2012 would be three years of Toa Nuva vs. Makuta to properly awaken Mata Nui. Obviously this changed, though, as Mata Nui was brought back to life in 2007 and awakened in 2008, after which the story moved outside the Matoran Universe.It could be that there were plans for a "three book" story after that change was made and it was decided that the story would continue outside the Matoran Universe. But I think expecting three eight-year books at that point when they had already decided to speed things along would be a bit much. Even if TLG had hoped for BIONICLE to last longer than it did, I think by the end of 2008 they recognized that an early end to BIONICLE was a very real possibility, and they had to be prepared for that if it should be required.

this actually made me really sad. i loved bionicle as a story much more than i enjoyed the sets, and was a diehard fan long after the sets stopped.TLG's banning of greg from bzp and his having to give up bioniclestory.com due to personal reasons meant that the story was never able to be finished. facing the facts, this means that we will never know who the hidden great being was, what marendar actually IS, and many more unanswered questions that were lined up to be major plot points that we will never know. I firmly believe Bionicle is one of the best stories ever written, and i do hope one day, at the very least greg will be able to wrap it up. it deserves that much. and while i've written off bionicle's return as a pipe dream, and i've most.y moved on, i still keep my 4 most precious bionicle MOCs on a shelf in my room. every time i look at them, my vorox chief, my toa of lightining, my tesera glatorian, and my OoMN soldier, a weak hope goes through my mind that best story ive ever read can someday resume. bionicle was one of the biggest parts of my life since the day i got my first set, sidorak. it will always be a part of me, and i simply wish TLG would give it the respect it deserves, instead of writing it off as a improfitable buisness venture.

teachandroid.jpg

whenlifegivesyoulemons.jpg

this actually made me really sad. i loved bionicle as a story much more than i enjoyed the sets, and was a diehard fan long after the sets stopped.TLG's banning of greg from bzp and his having to give up bioniclestory.com due to personal reasons meant that the story was never able to be finished. facing the facts, this means that we will never know who the hidden great being was, what marendar actually IS, and many more unanswered questions that were lined up to be major plot points that we will never know. I firmly believe Bionicle is one of the best stories ever written, and i do hope one day, at the very least greg will be able to wrap it up. it deserves that much. and while i've written off bionicle's return as a pipe dream, and i've most.y moved on, i still keep my 4 most precious bionicle MOCs on a shelf in my room. every time i look at them, my vorox chief, my toa of lightining, my tesera glatorian, and my OoMN soldier, a weak hope goes through my mind that best story ive ever read can someday resume. bionicle was one of the biggest parts of my life since the day i got my first set, sidorak. it will always be a part of me, and i simply wish TLG would give it the respect it deserves, instead of writing it off as a improfitable buisness venture.

How much respect does it deserve, that it hasn't already gotten? LEGO is at its heart a business, and no sane business would continue running something like that which will never pay for itself. I was satisfied that the story closed with only a few loose ends, and those who weren't were very lucky that Greg offered to finish the in-progress story serials without pay. Greg's disappearance from BZP was not a ban by TLG; it was a precautionary measure because until Greg finished the special training and whatnot he could be breaking the law by interacting with younger BZPers. I assume the reason Greg hasn't shown his face since he was in that training has to do more with his own personal issues than with some edict from TLG.No one seems to realize that BIONICLE's end was supposed to be before the Stars and the Mata Nui saga. It was only because of the efforts of some faithful LEGO employees who insisted on wrapping things up respectfully that we ever found out how the main part of the story, the fight between Mata Nui and Makuta, truly ended. Yes, BIONICLE's conclusion wasn't perfect, but LEGO already went out of their way to give us what conclusion we got, and all I ever see are fans demanding more and maligning LEGO as some evil corporate entity that took BIONICLE away from us, rather than a relatively benevolent business which gave us as much BIONICLE as they could in the first place.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The way it turned out, IMO it is much like how Tolkien wrote Lord of the Rings. He was very detailed at first, but later on, as many have noticed, things that would have taken a chapter to tell in the first book took a sentence in the third. Probably not entirely intentionally either. I see the same basic things as happening in Bionicle. So the "first book" that this video is mentioning took several years, and then most likely the other two books (if that number is correct) were simply much-shortened and probably were featured before the end. :)Although with modification, as Aanchir mentioned. :) Edited by bonesiii

Well that was some nice nostalgia. :)I agree the tone of the video didn't feel very professional, but it still summed up things beautifully.It also really has pushed me firmly into the support camp for an artbook, just to get better looks at all of that concept art. It's nice to know it's out there, but to sit down and be able to see it and even read a little on it would really help you appreciate all of the hard work even more. To me it seems that way, anyways.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

This video is amazing. I will never listen to bye bye babylon the same way again. it's also awesome to get the instrumental version of the song.

It is just epic. It made me think about the countless hours spent playing with the so loved robots which fought each other to rule the universe, the many Christmas's, when I stood on a chair waiting to find out who, hero or villain, was waiting for me under the shining tree, the long days I spent on the official site, trying to get part of the meaning of the words using a dictionary.BIONICLE hasn't been just part of my life. It has been my life. And I won't forget it.Thanks to AdvanceCopenaghen for bringing us an interesting picture showing the intense work behind LEGO's line we liked, like and always will like.----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

You took the words right out of my mouth.

However, it was a bit disconcerting to see how many people in the comments were talking about crying uncontrollably after viewing it. Quite an exaggerated reaction, IMO.~B~

I don't know about them, but to me, no exaggerations or sarcasm apply to that situation.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

This video is amazing. I will never listen to bye bye babylon the same way again. it's also awesome to get the instrumental version of the song.

Actually, the instrumental version of the song was the first we ever got even before the one with lyrics. :P It could be heard on Cryoshell´s website from summer 2009 to sometime in 2010. If you want, I can upload it to a file sharing website for you. ;)-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Actually, the instrumental version of the song was the first we ever got even before the one with lyrics. :P It could be heard on Cryoshell´s website from summer 2009 to sometime in 2010. If you want, I can upload it to a file sharing website for you. ;)-Gata signoff.jpg
No, thanks though. I'm pretty sure there is a way to copy the music from the video site it's on. Edited by Hippopotomonstrosesquipeda

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

• 3 weeks later...

This vid was pretty fitting for summing up the first 8 yrs, i must admit. And, the idea that Mata Nui was a giant robot came up in the very beginning has made me watch the movies again for any sort of hints. Apparently, in the Mask of Light, when Hahli tells the villagers that Mata Nui will be awakened, you can hearing in the murmuring, "He's a big machine!" What a hint.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, what can't be fixed with a dollop of nostalgia, eh? This video really packs a lot in, but I'm surprised how much of it was just common videos we have seen before. And confirmation of the Mata Nui robot concept from the beginning? Sweet. Nothing else.

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.