Ssc #9: Best Use Of Tolkienian Inspiration

SSC #9 Poll  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

noweretalking.png

This is the voting for the "Best Use of Tolkienian Inspiration" award for Short Stories Contest #9: In the Darkness Bind Them.The polling will run until April 2 at 11:59 P.M. EST. The story with the most votes will receive a prize along with the three winners that have already been decided; the stories listed here have been nominated by the judges.-----------Before you vote, make sure you read all of the entries.Please do not vote unless you have read all the entries in the poll. This is a quality contest, not a popularity contest, and as such to make an accurate decision you must know all the options. Choose the entry that you think most accurately followed the theme of the contest.

• [*]
Where He Dwelleth None Can Say [*]Parallels [*]Kingdoms [*]I will return [*]Time And Tide [*]The Shadow of the Past

Edited by Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

This was a pretty hard choice, but Parellels won me over. The forging of the Avohkii and all of Takanuva's destiny was a really clever way of reusing the old "One Ring" poem. Shadows of the Past was also really good, as well as Where He Dwelleth None Can Say, just with shear, but subtile, amount. Best of luck to you all (of course I mean to my entry! :P)

I loved and voted for The Shadow of the Past. Amazing story. My compliments to you, Zoma.But what I find amusing is that my story is nowhere on any of these polls. Hmm... I have a sense of foreboding (that I didn't win anything).Best of luck to everyone, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

--xanthorp_sig.jpg--

01-01the_chronology_of_enigma.png

The Review Topic for this project

I hope you like them!