• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Ssc #9: Best Use Of Tolkienian Inspiration

SSC9 voting contest poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Poll: SSC #9 Poll (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Use of Tolkienian Inspiration

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Bibliophilic Littérateur & Senior Staff

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Mar 28 2012 - 01:31 AM

Posted Image

This is the voting for the "Best Use of Tolkienian Inspiration" award for Short Stories Contest #9: In the Darkness Bind Them.The polling will run until April 2 at 11:59 P.M. EST. The story with the most votes will receive a prize along with the three winners that have already been decided; the stories listed here have been nominated by the judges.-----------Before you vote, make sure you read all of the entries.Please do not vote unless you have read all the entries in the poll. This is a quality contest, not a popularity contest, and as such to make an accurate decision you must know all the options. Choose the entry that you think most accurately followed the theme of the contest.

#2 Offline Inferna Firesword

Inferna Firesword
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,257 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 28 2012 - 12:28 PM

Voted for Shadows of the Past.-Inferna

Thanks for the memories, BZP. Time for me to leave.

#3 Offline Yolanda Squarble Fried #1

Yolanda Squarble Fried #1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

• 3,818 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 28 2012 - 02:37 PM

Oops, thought I was in the Best Ending poll. XD Voted for Time and Tide, but didn't mean to. It was great, but there wasn't much Tolkienian inspiration.

<3

#4 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,282 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 29 2012 - 11:57 PM

This was a pretty hard choice, but Parellels won me over. The forging of the Avohkii and all of Takanuva's destiny was a really clever way of reusing the old "One Ring" poem. Shadows of the Past was also really good, as well as Where He Dwelleth None Can Say, just with shear, but subtile, amount. Best of luck to you all (of course I mean to my entry! :P)

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#5 Offline Grant-Sud

Grant-Sud
  • Members
  • Defender of the Page

• 490 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 09:20 AM

I voted for Where He Dwelleth None Can Say, however it was an extremely touch choice between that and Shadows of the Past.

#6 Offline Xanthorp

Xanthorp
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 36 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 03:07 PM

I loved and voted for The Shadow of the Past. Amazing story. My compliments to you, Zoma.But what I find amusing is that my story is nowhere on any of these polls. Hmm... I have a sense of foreboding (that I didn't win anything).Best of luck to everyone, and may the odds be ever in your favor.
--Posted Image--

Posted Image
The Review Topic for this project

I hope you like them!

#7 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 6,418 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 01 2012 - 07:48 PM

While many of these stories were really great, "Where He Dwelleth None Can Say" reminded me more of the LotR books / movies, so I think it's the appropriate one to give me vote to in this poll. :):music:

b-bolin-02.jpg

#8 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,728 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 01 2012 - 08:45 PM

I voted for "I will return". I feel that is the biggest and more smooth nod to Tolkien here.

#9 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 11:55 AM

^Hey, thanks, fishers64!----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

skyrim_banner.jpg

#10 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,282 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 06:54 PM

Wow. No votes for me. Sad. I thought my "Your leechcraft would have me crawling on all fours like a Rahi!" was pretty good. I guess that's competition though.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#11 Offline 55555

• Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 2,980 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 09:40 PM

Wow. No votes for me. Sad. I thought my "Your leechcraft would have me crawling on all fours like a Rahi!" was pretty good. I guess that's competition though.

Bear in mind that there re very few votes in this poll. Yeah, that was great. :)- 55555

Posted Image

#12 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Bibliophilic Littérateur & Senior Staff

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 11:02 PM

Thanks to everyone who voted. The results will be posted shortly.Poll closed.Posted Image

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

winter.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users