• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

RPG Contest #23 Final Poll

RPG Contest RPGC23 Poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
171 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite entries (86 member(s) have cast votes)

You may select up to THREE entries!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#121 Offline Kal the Guardian

Kal the Guardian
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,311 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 06:16 PM

This poll I really a rollercoaster. Given that I've only really followed the polls a lot for the last couple times, are they always this hectic and close? There can't really be any predictions for the winners, aside for Techna(Again. =P), and BaR.Even still... Go Day Run!

Yes, they are. Many people here don't have nails after the contest is over. :P

-----------------------------

Under Reconstruction

#122 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

• 7,971 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 06:28 PM

This poll I really a rollercoaster. Given that I've only really followed the polls a lot for the last couple times, are they always this hectic and close? There can't really be any predictions for the winners, aside for Techna(Again. =P), and BaR.Even still... Go Day Run!

Yes, they are. Many people here don't have nails after the contest is over. :P

What are you talking about? *hides bleeding fingers*

KHrIaSF.jpg

The League of Draaaaaven is too stronk.

#123 Offline Grantaire

Grantaire
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,048 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 07:21 PM

Tied for fifth. Looks like it's a last minute comeback or death for CotD.My visorak are getting annoyed now.

#124 Offline Lloyd: the White Wolf

Lloyd: the White Wolf
  • Members
  • Toa Metru United

• 8,522 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 07:22 PM

Blarg, need four more votes. Why do I always get good reviews and then suffer in the polls? <_< How am I supposed to improve if people say "I love it!" and vote for something else? :w:

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf, Mar 30 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#125 Offline Grantaire

Grantaire
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,048 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 07:27 PM

:/(Totally ignore the fact that CotD is currently tied with THooL.)

#126 Offline Colette Llyan

Colette Llyan
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 6,991 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 07:28 PM

Well, honestly, in this situation, there's really nothing you can do... With eight great choices, and only three winners, no matter how many good entries there are, there will be disappointment at the end. For the record, I like Horde out of Limbo; I like Trapped in a Map, and while I mainly skimmed the rest that aren't currently winning, they are pretty formidable too, and I'm willing to bet that they are excellent as well(And in fact I voted for City of the Dead, which goes to show something. =P). But, there's just not enough spots for all the good entries to get through. =/ Especially since I'd say that all eight are excellent, especially this contest.

#127 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 07:37 PM

Blarg, need four more votes. Why do I always get good reviews and then suffer in the polls? <_< How am I supposed to improve if people say "I love it!" and vote for something else? :w:

Must...resist...urge to say..."I told you so"...must...quash smugness...can only type in...fragment sentences:D

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#128 Offline Lloyd: the White Wolf

• Members
  • Toa Metru United

• 8,522 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 07:39 PM

Remind me what you told me? It's foggy.:w:

#129 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 07:45 PM

I mentioned that in the reviews you'd gotten a lot said they liked it, but none said exactly why (apart from one that said they liked the banner, a purely aesthetic thing). I was making the point that you were being offered platitudes rather than advice and support. I wasn't entirely accurate as THooL did get into finals, but I was apparently onto something

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#130 Offline Pears Nivans

Pears Nivans
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 3,591 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 07:46 PM

I think it was something about people not stating why they actually liked the RPG. Assuming I'm remembering that conversation correctly. *shrug* Ninja'd. X3Anyway, I'm glad to see that Day Run is semi-securely in third place. Hopefully that'll last until 9 P.M. tomorrow. ^-^

Edited by Parugi, Mar 30 2012 - 07:48 PM.

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020 - 021 - 022 - 023 - 024 - 025 - 026

- Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven- ??? - ??? -

#131 Offline Grantaire

Grantaire
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,048 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 08:03 PM

Unless CotD cuts you out.:evilgrin:

#132 Offline Lloyd: the White Wolf

• Members
  • Toa Metru United

• 8,522 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 08:05 PM

That's a little rude, Zarayna.@ Power: True. Although I don't think "platitudes" is the right word, that would mean they thought my RPG wasn't so good and were just saying that to make me feel better.:w:

#133 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 09:55 PM

I for one can say that I voted for the RPGs I said I liked best in my review topic post (I noticed in Poll Blue I accidentally said 2, 5, and 5 instead of 2, 4, and 5 though, but you all knew I meant 4 :P). I never put Techna in my list, but if I had, I would have put it in spot 7 as per the ones I wanted to play.As per THooL, I voted for it after putting it up in my list. And I thought I gave it a good enough review... (On that note, I do apologize to the people who I gave short reviews to. I should have reviewed your RPG instead of wasting my time torturing the CotD staff.[/joke])And on that note, I am surprised that City of the Dead and Horde out of Limbo aren't doing better. Same with Trapped in a Map, considering how many people seemed like they liked it. Just goes to show how good my prediction making ability is, doesn't it?Finally, if ToD refuses to make somebody who plays a grand piano, then I'm gonna do it.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#134 Offline Shyyrn

Shyyrn
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,172 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 10:36 PM

Finally, if ToD refuses to make somebody who plays a grand piano, then I'm gonna do it.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

But how?? None of the tribes can use string instruments. :/-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve." 

#135 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 11:06 PM

Finally, if ToD refuses to make somebody who plays a grand piano, then I'm gonna do it.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

But how?? None of the tribes can use string instruments. :/-Shyyrn

Not for long.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#136 Offline Shyyrn

Shyyrn
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,172 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2012 - 11:37 PM

Ah, another one of your 'if there's a limit, push it' instances. :PWell, expect a cellist from me once you lay the groundwork!-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

#137 Offline Al the Chicken Man

Al the Chicken Man
  • Members
  • Anger Pacified

• 6,571 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 12:58 AM

Bassoons will rock the house down in their unexpectedness.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

#138 Offline Shyyrn

Shyyrn
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,172 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 01:38 AM

I read somewhere that the bassoonists in every orchestra are paranoid that someone is trying to kill them. Will yours conform to type? :P-Shyyrn

#139 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

• 7,971 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 07:48 AM

Take note that no matter what tribe you join, you can have whatever instrument. Just know that you'll stick out like a sore thumb against the majority. =3Also, should I change the Koros mains to Le being any woodwind or brass and Po to strings?

KHrIaSF.jpg

#140 Offline Shyyrn

Shyyrn
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,172 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 01:41 PM

Take note that no matter what tribe you join, you can have whatever instrument. Just know that you'll stick out like a sore thumb against the majority. =3Also, should I change the Koros mains to Le being any woodwind or brass and Po to strings?

I'm in favor of that! -Shyyrn

#141 Offline TX Wade

TX Wade
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,115 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 02:11 PM

I'm in favor of that!-Shyyrn

Yeah, that would be a lot better.

#142 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

• 7,971 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 03:48 PM

Kk, will do.Don't you all make Po-Koronans, though, I want variety.

KHrIaSF.jpg

#143 Offline Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 11,225 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 03:49 PM

I call dibs on a Po-Koronan character.-Teezy

~who is this sassy delight getting reported so much~

#144 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

• 7,971 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 04:05 PM

*facepalm*Of course, there is a reason why I have no character limit. =P

KHrIaSF.jpg

#145 Offline Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11,225 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 04:09 PM

Sorry, just had to stake my claim before the overcrowding came.-Teezy

#146 Offline Pears Nivans

Pears Nivans

• 3,591 posts

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 04:38 PM

Six and a half hours left... only one vote between me and a tie...eep.

Edited by Parugi, Mar 31 2012 - 04:39 PM.

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020 - 021 - 022 - 023 - 024 - 025 - 026

- Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven- ??? - ??? -

#147 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

• 7,971 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 04:47 PM

YAY DAY RUN HAS TWO VOTE LEADAnd BaR is one vote behind first. D=Eh, can't be greedy.

KHrIaSF.jpg

#148 Offline Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11,225 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 04:49 PM

Did anyone else hear that?It almost sounded like a tie being broken.-Teezy

#149 Offline Pears Nivans

Pears Nivans

• 3,591 posts

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 04:49 PM

how the who whaaa...Well... that changes things...

rotrbanner.png

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

#150 Offline Kal the Guardian

Kal the Guardian
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,311 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 04:51 PM

My favorite of the six main elements is stone, so I think I'm entitled to make a Po-Kororan character. :PI sure hope there isn't some great big upset at the end. Like B6 suddenly says there is a theme. That would be weird. Or, you know, Day Run losing. That would just be wrong.

Under Reconstruction

#151 Offline Pears Nivans

Pears Nivans

• 3,591 posts

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 04:53 PM

Kal, you may well have just stumbled upon the April Fools joke... :PBut I agree. That would be... *sunglasses* ...a running daymare.

rotrbanner.png

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

#152 Offline Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11,225 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 05:00 PM

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!-Teezy

#153 Offline Lloyd: the White Wolf

• Members
  • Toa Metru United

• 8,522 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 05:03 PM

Yeah, I've pretty much given up by now.:w:

#154 Offline Toa Kovolta

Toa Kovolta
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 750 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 05:42 PM

Come on guys, three more votes for TiaM?

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger

#155 Offline Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11,225 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 07:34 PM

LL and I have already started plans to form a warrior band in BaR.Instrumental Banda. Get ready, BZP.-Teezy

#156 Offline Al the Chicken Man

Al the Chicken Man
  • Members
  • Anger Pacified

• 6,571 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 07:49 PM

I came up with that name.Just saying.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

#157 Offline Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11,225 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 07:50 PM

We renamed it to Day Man, actually. Long story.-Teezy

#158 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 09:29 PM

No Trapped in a Map makes me sad, but at least there's always next contest...Maybe the theme will be, "make an awesome map", and it will be set to go. http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/cool.pngAnyways, I believe I have dibs to a character with a grand piano since I suggested it. None of y'all better take my grand piano.None of y'all.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#159 Offline Kal the Guardian

Kal the Guardian
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,311 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 09:31 PM

How you gonna lug that thing around? 'Cuz I have dibs on the mask of personal pocket dimensions. Pocket being literal. :P

Under Reconstruction

#160 Offline Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11,225 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2012 - 10:02 PM

One hour.-Teezy