Heather is Missing

This is serious, guys. About a week ago, <b>Heather "LEGOGirl" Braaten</b> was reported by her mother to be missing. She was a well-known member of the Lego community on several fansites, an active member of SEALUG and regular BrickCon attendee and a good friend of mine. You can read the official missing person report <a href='http://www.waspc.org/mp/missing.php?wac=12M0004558' target='offsite'>here</a>. If you have any information on her location or have seen her recently, you're encouraged to contact the <a href='http://www.seattle.gov/police/' target='offsite'>Seattle Police Department</a>, leave a comment in the talkback topic (which I will send to Lino directly) or on Lino's photo of Heather <a href=' Heather Braaten is Missing target='offsite'>here</a>. You're also encouraged to send him an email at linotopia(AT)hotmail(DOT)com. He is in contact with Heather's Mom and will be passing along any information. Please keep Heather in your prayers. Thanks for your concern, everyone.

View the full article

Wow, I think this is the first time we´ve had news like this on the front page. This is very serious indeed. There is barely anything I can do living on another continent but I wish you and the police the best of luck for finding her. Let´s hope she turns out to be alright.-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Not a whole lot to go by as far as the description goes...

There's also a link to a picture of her in the news post.I hope that Heather is found soon, and that wherever she is, she's okay. I'm pretty far from Seattle, but I'll have my eye open anyway.-:t::n:

sigbanner.gif

To the mother of Heather: I hope your daughter is found okay soon. My thoughts are with you and her.-Zehvor Brenmac :)

Please visit My Comedy Library! (Also check out The Bionicles Try To Run A House,BZP's longest known Comedy,with over 300 chapters!) TBTTRAH Wiki Almost There Aftermath 2 Almost There: The Continuation

If you are a Zehvor or TBTTRAH Series GS and want to enter the Spring/Summer 2012 tournament, please PM me!

Thanks for posting this here, Micah! I've been sharing and reposting this everywhere I can. Her deleting of her social network and sharing accounts seemed odd; hopefully the disappearance isn't connected to this. I hope she's safe.

Edited by Hahli Husky

This is horrible, I hope shes found safe :(My heart goes out to those who are close to her. Its never a good experience when you think you're about to lose someone close to you.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Thanks for posting this here, Micah! I've been sharing and reposting this everywhere I can. Her deleting of her social network and sharing accounts seemed odd; hopefully the disappearance isn't connected to this. I hope she's safe.

Not a problem. I'm really worried about her and just trying to do my part to make sure she's found.I'd encourage everyone to follow HH's example. Get the word out to everyone you know, involved in the community or not. Every bit helps.Thanks guys!

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

I found out about her disappearance when an Administrator on a Brickfilming forum said that he actually knew her in real life.I hope she is found alive and well. My prayers to you,Heather.-CDP

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

Not a whole lot to go by as far as the description goes...

There's also a link to a picture of her in the news post.I hope that Heather is found soon, and that wherever she is, she's okay. I'm pretty far from Seattle, but I'll have my eye open anyway.- :t: :n:
Same. I'll pray that she turns out well and alive, keep an open eye, and spread this news. :(

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Just wanted to give you all an update, though it's not something that I'd like to do.Heather's body has been found.I'm really not sure what to say here. She was a great friend and always fun to talk to, though I regret that my only opportunity to do so was at BrickCon. I wish I could have seen her at least one more time.Rest in peace, Heather. The Lego community (and indeed, the rest of the world) won't be quite the same without you. I'll be praying for you and your family.

hey it's Studio Comic

Just wanted to give you all an update, though it's not something that I'd like to do.Heather's body has been found.I'm really not sure what to say here. She was a great friend and always fun to talk to, though I regret that my only opportunity to do so was at BrickCon. I wish I could have seen her at least one more time.Rest in peace, Heather. The Lego community (and indeed, the rest of the world) won't be quite the same without you. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Oh my,this is very sad.

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

Things like this happen way too often. Actually, they shouldn´t happen a single time. It´s hard to find fitting words and no words could make up for this loss anyway, so I´ll just give my condolences to her family and to you and all her other friends. I hope whoever did this can be brought to justice. May I suggest that you post this on the front page?-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

This is truly saddening, disheartening, awful news. While I never met her, I know that her presence in the LEGO community and in the world will be missed.My thoughts, prayers, and condolences go out to her family. My fervent hope is that whoever perpetrated this heinous crime will be arrested and that justice will prevail.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Oh, no. Rest her soul. My heart goes out to her friends and family; I never knew her, but like Gata said, this sort of thing should never happen in the first place.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Although this is indeed horrible, I guess in a sense we got lucky in terms of the finding of the body. Lots of missing people's bodies are found months or years after the disappearance.As Sumiki said - I hope the person who did this will be punished severely.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

Things like this happen way too often. Actually, they shouldn´t happen a single time. It´s hard to find fitting words and no words could make up for this loss anyway, so I´ll just give my condolences to her family and to you and all her other friends. I hope whoever did this can be brought to justice. May I suggest that you post this on the front page?-Gata signoff.jpg
Doing so now, thanks. I was trying to find a way to add an update to the original entry but I figured it would be safer to just post here. (And just to clarify, guys, there are no details yet on how or why she died. This may not have been a murder, unfortunately.)

hey it's Studio Comic

I've never heard of her. But man, that's sad.Heavy Metal Salute goes out to her.*Starts playing Cemetary Gates by, of course, Pantera*RIP. I really don't know what to say. With other people, I would be a total ##### about stuff like this.But yeah, I never heard of or knew of her. I hope her family won't dread on the worst. I remember how I was like that. R.I.P.

Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

I don't know really know what to say. When things like this come around all I can really do is pray for the family. Rest in peace, Heather.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg