Toa Pohatu Mata Drawing

SolitaryHyena

Hey guys, so...i finally finished this Pohatu drawing i've been working on in the week. Anyways, i took all of your advices and I INKED IT! And i gotta say, i really thank you for the advice of inking it with black pen, it was REALLY fun to ink the drawing, like i mean it really was fun, plus it turns out much much neater than others. I started to change the parts a little, not really making my own style of drawing it yet, but starting to form ideas of drawing bionicles my own style, so i kinda got rid of the holes in their legs and stuff and made them just solid really. I also used gimp to make the lines and overall image darker, since the scanner turned it out a bit bright, but still it showed up much better in the scanner than it does with pencil drawings, i think im gonna ink all of my drawing now. :)Anyways, here it is, much neater than my previous two.I'm also thinking of using GIMP to color the picture later on, when i get in the mood to do it, i'll post that here whenever i get to it.So, i hope you like it, still i think im having trouble with perspective and shading, those are like my two main weak points in art. But i'll soon hopefully master those. :) So leave your comments below, and tell me what you like and what you think i need to improve on.Edit:Thanks, the arms are a bit too small if i look at it now. :/ But yeah, i think i should've done better on the terrain a bit, like the sand texture doesn't seem very detailic compated to the road, and I don't really know how to draw detailic clouds either, but still, I impressed myself with how clean this came up because i inked it. :)@Akuna of Stones, yes, the Rocky name "Pohatu" was intentional.

Edited by Kv195

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

I think you did a great job with this. Pohatu himself looks great; the proportions are good and the pose is as well.The setting of this picture is fitting of Pohatu's element of stone. But the clouds look like floating rocks.And his name in the background looks like a bunch of rocks put together. Was that intentional?

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

This is some of the very best art. It's exactly true to the set, and has that emotion/feeling to it anyway. It doesn't look like something out of a Lego catalog, however it did not devolve into humanlike features with Bionicle armor slapped on it, which I despise. The best art, in my opinion, brings the sets to life, which this does. 10/10.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

:kaukau: I like the background, even though the perspective is off. The way it goes on and on really reminds me of Po-Wahi in MNOG I&II. Keep working on the style, by the way, and I hope you get your own distinct effect sometime.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Yes, i actually did use MNOG 1 to get draw this backround from po-Wahi. So yeah, thats where my background came from. but thanks for the comment. :)

I think you did a great job with this. Pohatu himself looks great; the proportions are good and the pose is as well.The setting of this picture is fitting of Pohatu's element of stone. But the clouds look like floating rocks.And his name in the background looks like a bunch of rocks put together. Was that intentional?

Yes, his rocky name was intentional, but the clouds looking like rocks wern't. >.< Edited by Kv195

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

Love the picture. Especially the feet and the face. They're so detailed. (:

Ta-Qath
W hen I was little, I played with the figures and the games.
I love all the old Bionicle stuff, but the new is.. pretty bad, I think.
One day, I looked back. Remembered the games. The sounds. The feelings and fun..
I missed the memories, and I wish, that I could go back in time.

The Mata Nui game is awesome. I wish, that the second was more like that.
I only like year 1 and 2.. There, I said it.