To Save The World!

IC: (Tragedy) Tragedy was just about to walk in we he thought he saw someone flying to the league base. maybe it's one of the league members coming back from a mission. Tragedy decide to wait for the person to land, and hoped they were with the league.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC [Kyle Tanaka | Omega Prime][League of Salvation Headquarters, New York City]:Kyle descended onto the ground, looking around for any of the general members within the area. Looking down at the entrance, he took notice of a pale white-skinned male, black jacket draped over his body like some kind of cape.Vampire. Not the most optimal of informants, but with no name and no recognition, you take what you get.

Edited by Kahinuva

IC: (Tragedy)"Hey, are you with the league? im lookingto join, and i don't know who to talk to..."

War...war never changes.

Scorcher’s flames also have a special magical property
Eeeeeyyyaaaaa, no. I'm trying to keep magic out the RPG because there are generally too few limitations on it. Include someone like Doctor Fate or Doctor Strange into a story and either they solve everything in moments in a deus ex machina, you're left wondering why they didn't solve everything in moments being nigh-omnipotent and all or they're nerfed down to just throwing energy blasts around. So no magicAlso, how many pyrokinetics have we had here now?Throwing fire around seems to be a really popular powerIC: Madness was shocked as his psychic screams just echoed right back at him. He'd been expecting resistance but Romulus had a different kind of defence. He'd just let his mind go completely blank. There was nothing to strike at, nothing to try and push through. Just an endless psychic silence. Madness could feel his own attacks just revolving round back at him as they bounced from the void, the screaming and anger filling his own mind

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: I'm going to be gone for a while, so if the group moves out of the jet feel free to either 1) come up with some excuse for Gadgeteer to stay where he is or 2) quietly shuffle him along with the group, so I can leap back into the action when I return. Rumpelstiltskin will be taking command of the plot involving X-Calibur and the others in the forest. Bye!
OOC: Yes folks, you read that right, Rumpelstiltskin has reappeared from yet another unannounced absence. I ended up taking a class this last month that ate up all of my free time; while I'm at it I really need lessons in motivation and time management. :P@HD - I actually had that message pop up for me a few times, but it never lasted more than a day or two. I'd be interested in learning what exactly the glitch is, when you get everything straightened out on your end.I realize Loadstone's been a bit unresponsive to the plot, so let me recap everything here:IC: (Loadstone)"Sure thing, boss," Loadstone said, waiting for X-Calibur to climb onto the magnaboard. "You might want to hold on, though; this could be a little bumpy." And without further warning, the magnaboard shot forward into the forest, leveling off at a height that seemed to be clear of the shorter brush and just shy of the taller tree's branches. There were a fair number of twists and spins as Loadstone maneuvered them around what obstacles were in their way, but they quickly made up the distance between the jet and the others.Loadstone slowed them down as they approached the others, lowering the magnaboard enough for X-Calibur to hop off and then landing himself, propping the metal surfboard against a tree while he listened to the others recount what had happened and determine what to do next.Without waiting for Skyra to blast down the wall, Loadstone climbed back onto the magnaboard and offered to carry Magneta with him. The two flew up over the wall as the others filed through Skyra's gap, surveying the scene from a bird's eye view. Speaking of birds, from his higher vantage point Loadstone had noticed that the birds in this forest were much more restless than usual. He'd fought Villains who could manipulate birds before, so he was suspicious of foul play (or fowl play, if you will), but figured he was just being paranoid and ignored them.When the animals started going haywire, Loadstone released a magnetic pulse into the flock of birds. An interesting note about birds is that their impeccable sense of direction comes from the ability to read the Earth's magnetic field - a direct blast like that ought to scatter them and disorient them long enough to buy the others some time.Meanwhile, on the ground, Sugar Rush helped fend off some of the other animals, yellow auras of energy surrounding her hands as she launched miniscule energy bolts at a group of squirrels that didn't seem to understand the concept of 'personal space.'OOC: My apologies if I missed replying to anyone else.~ Rumpelstiltskin

IC:With a cry, Madness gave up the assault. Blank minds..., he mused are a method he had never thought of. He himself liked to keep the mind busy.But what if he forced the werewolf to think? To keep his mind busy? He drew out his gun and pistol whipped the werewolf. Hard.Then as he pistol whipped, he did the screaming thing again, on a smaller scale. This time, he also erected a barrier in his mind to neutralize another rebound.

"Wer Traumt?"

IC(Whistler): As the Scottish businessman watched the psychic newcomer trying to interrogate the captured mercenary, he cleared his throat a good deal louder than was probably necessary."While I'm sure this is all very good stress relief for you, it's plainly not accomplishing the purpose the rest of us actually care about. Frankly, I think you'll get more out of him with a checkbook than with torture."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:"I don't have a checkbook handy." Madness stopped hitting the werewolf. " But if you can..." he smiled, not sarcastically.Back to my roots then, mused Madness. This guy was a rather tough nut to crack. Madness began to focus on the moon, a symbol of the subconscious. He glared into the werewolf's eyes, with the aim of dragging him out. Really hard. This time, with the right concentration, he might be able to do it.

"Wer Traumt?"

IC: The businessman smiled blandly, pulling a rather nice pen - some parts were gold, though the majority of the casing might have been obsidian - out of his suit pocket, and holding it ready over a checkbook. It wasn't entirely clear when he'd gotten it out and ready, but there it was."I'm sure if you'll give the man a moment to think, I may be able to work out a business arrangement."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Saosin (League Jet, North America)Tilian remained silent, watching the proceedings with some boredom as he flicked autopilot on and told it to fly west, towards California. Here's hoping Whistler got something out of this guy with the checkbook, or that whole little scene in the Sinful Saloon just might have gone for nothing...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC [Kyle Tanaka | Omega Prime][League of Salvation Headquarters, New York City]:Yes, just as he feared. Another League candidate, not someone who could provide him with information."I'm looking for the League myself, actually. Anyone inside?"

IC: (Tragedy)"I don't know. i just got here a moment ago. we can go and check." normal, Tragedy didn't talk to others, besides Lord Death, but he needed the interaction with others.(Lone)Lone had been looking for a med kit for a while now, seeing as no one told him were one was.

War...war never changes.

OOC: So after about, what, two weeks of that message popping up every time I open a browser to BZP? The darn thing is finally gone!... for now, anywho. Might come back. Here's hoping I'm wrong. But allowing for the optimistic assumption that it's gone for good or at least for a long time, what'd I miss? H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: So after about, what, two weeks of that message popping up every time I open a browser to BZP? The darn thing is finally gone!... for now, anywho. Might come back. Here's hoping I'm wrong. But allowing for the optimistic assumption that it's gone for good or at least for a long time, what'd I miss? H-D
Not much really. still trying to get info out of Romulus, and shenigans in the forest.

War...war never changes.

IC: "I can hear loud and clear rookie," Romulus said to Madness. He'd only been letting his mind go blank, he hadn't turned himself into a vegetable. "I give you two out of ten, and thats only for the beating. Most psychics don't think to try physical violence. Keep practicing and maybe you'll be a real superhero one day."He turned to Whistler, "So, a business arrangement you say?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Welp, my internet has been very angry with me as of late, so there's my excuse. So, I replaced the modem/router. We'll see if that helps.IC: In the ensuing chaos surrounding Romulus, Ember had dragged himself to his feet and limped towards the cockpit. He sat in the copilots chair and slammed his head on the console in front of him, taking care not to press any buttons with his face. He groaned in pain and sat back up straight. "He's got steel-toed boots... Oh lordy, that hurt..." OOC: I have no idea what to do with Magneta at the moment...

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC [Kyle Tanaka | Omega Prime][League of Salvation Headquarters, New York City]:"Er...sure. I guess we'll go check."OOC: Aaaand I'm back to not knowing where to go from here. Anyone playing anybody who would be at the League HQ?

OOC: Kumata decided to take a leave of absence and left me in charge of the Michigan forest plot. Skyra blew a hole through the wall and we started making our way toward where the base should be. Nil sensed a signal eminating from the bases' vicinity, and suddenly swarms of animals started attacking us.Speaking of which, can I get a head count of who's still around for that plot/waiting on something to do? I have characters belonging to Kumata, myself, Half-Dragon, Ymper Trymon, Toa Korkoa, Chronicler of Ko-Koro, Legolover-361, Zyke the destroyer, Tyler Durden, and King Snelly.
IC [Kyle Tanaka | Omega Prime][League of Salvation Headquarters, New York City]:"Er...sure. I guess we'll go check."OOC: Aaaand I'm back to not knowing where to go from here. Anyone playing anybody who would be at the League HQ?
I'd be more than happy to toss an NPC your way. Give me a moment...IC: (NPC - Doctor Om)As the two Heroes turned toward the mansion, the doorway opened and a middle-aged man with graying brown hair and a thick, neatly-trimmed beard stepped out. He wore an extravagant royal purple suit with a golden cape, vest, and gloves. His gloves, boots, and utility belt were all embroidered with silver thread. He wore reflective black sunglasses and a small smile."Do you two plan on standing out here for the rest of the day?" the man asked. "Allsight's been waiting by the door for twenty minutes, grumbling about how late you are. He seems to have a hard time reconciling what should be with what is, but you're here now, and that's what matters. I believe you're both looking for the League?"~ Rumpelstiltskin Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

Speaking of which, can I get a head count of who's still around for that plot/waiting on something to do? I have characters belonging to Kumata, myself, Half-Dragon, Ymper Trymon, Toa Korkoa, Chronicler of Ko-Koro, Legolover-361, Zyke the destroyer, Tyler Durden, and King Snelly.
OOC: I'll admit, I've quite lost the thread on what, if anything, I ought to be doing. This RPG has a habit of occasionally getting muddled up from time to time, and I haven't had nearly quite as much time to make sense of what's going on as I used to.At the very least, I can try and move Fade's plot along a bit more...[iC - NPCS & Fade] The winding ice tunnels seemed to stretch on forever, twisting paths of white and blue that snaked like a labyrinth through the underbelly of Frigid's fortress. But the tunnel grew wider, ever so slight at first, before finallly opening up into a massive chamber, stretching up and crisscrossing through the ice towards the top of the tower. What had been a persistent, ever worrisome rumbling had grown to a roar as it echoed off the walls like some enormous amphitheater. Massive cracks cut through the walls like open wounds, and up above large chunks of ice, some the size of buildings, were breaking loose and crashing downwards. They smashed against the walls of the icy crevice and against themselves over and over on the miles-high descent earthwards, and by the time they reached Longshot and Plasmafire's team there was little left than a shower of frost-covered debris, the largest chunks no larger than a person. Still, the group wasn't about to take any chances, and stuck close to walls to avoid falling the falling rubble.But high up above, a tiny gray dot could be seen darting back and forth amongst the avalanche. It whipped about like a leaf caught in a thunderstorm, occasionally vanishing between crashing chunks of ice, but each time it appeared to have been snuffed out by some collision of rubble, it reappeared in view mere moments later. As it sped further down towards the floor of the chamber, the team could see just what, or more accurately, who was coming down towards them. Fade hurtled down towards them at breakneck speeds, glider cape unfurled behind him as he weaved through the deadly obstacle course crashing against the walls. He darted suddenly from one side to another, just barely squeezing the gap as two chunks crashed together in a shower of ice.A massive chunk blocked his path, wedged dangerously against the walls of the chamber. Fade let himself turn intangible and plummet, passing unharmed through the fallen chunk of ice. As he dropped his glider cape spread once more like a pair of wings, slowing his descent. Fade flung off his grappler, catching it on another falling bit of rubble. It swung him around as it fell, propelling him like a slingshot down towards the bottom. Fade hit the walls of the chamber feet first, and dug a wristblade into the wall to turn his plunge into a controlled slide, coming to a stop just next to the waiting team. He brushed a few chunks of ice off his cape, and marched over to the others."Everybody made it in alright? All in one piece, yeah?" he asked. "Good. Let's get moving, people! I don't want to be down here when all that catches up to me..."[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC: (Tragedy,League HQ)"well, you sure know how to make an entrance. Yeah, I'm looking for the league."

War...war never changes.

OOC: Yeah, I'm still around for the forest plot, just not sure what to have Magneta do. The animals really confused me for some reason. O.oIC: Plasmafire brightened up when Fade landed next to him, and approached his friend. "Alright, you made it out! Where do we go from here? I assume you have all this planned out."OOC: It's nice to post in that color again...

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

[iC - Fade] "Well, this universe's League HQ is buried somewhere under all this ice. Based off what buildings are still standing around the base of the tower, I can pretty accurately guess where it ought to be," he said. "Now, ordinarily we'd have to spend hours combing through a maze of tunnels to find it... but fortunately, we've got a guy with us who can walk through walls."He extended his arms, motioning for the others to grab hold."Alright, hang on tight, guys," he said. "With any luck, this'll be a straight shot to the mansion... or whatever's left of it, that it..."[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Yeah, Omega and Shard could really use something to do. Seeing as they're my actual characters. Though last I noticed Omega was supposedly helping to analyze some of KILL's component nanites that got left behind.NPC: Ultionis had by now switched back to normal ammo for both of his pistols - no sense wasting the incendiaries - and had both silenced firearms aimed outward. He was willing to bet he knew why these animals were attacking. The Coalition had some good tech, but things like this were usually the result of some super at work. Now they were officially found, there seemed no more point holding back, so he sighted down on the largest beast he could find and fired a round right at the skull.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: I'll admit, I've quite lost the thread on what, if anything, I ought to be doing. This RPG has a habit of occasionally getting muddled up from time to time, and I haven't had nearly quite as much time to make sense of what's going on as I used to.[For Science!]
OOC: Hivemind is currently in limbo, along with Gap and all the Coalition NPCs that were present at the Sinful Saloon. Negafire, Gadgeteer and co. escaped with Romulus and Madness.Mystic is part of the Michigan group, which is currently hiking through the forest, being swarmed by forest animals that have been stirred up by an electronic signal. We're fending off wildlife until I can get a better handle on present characters, at which point I'll actually get you guys to the Coalition base and some super/super action can begin. ;)
OOC: Yeah, I'm still around for the forest plot, just not sure what to have Magneta do. The animals really confused me for some reason. O.o
OOC: The way I understand what Kumata told me, the Coalition set up a device that's emitting a signal that irritates the local wildlife, and their response is to attack anybody in the vicinity. They're really just trying to hamper our progress and wear out anyone trying to sneak up on them. With Magneta's powerset, there's not really much she can do...
OOC: Yeah, Omega and Shard could really use something to do. Seeing as they're my actual characters. Though last I noticed Omega was supposedly helping to analyze some of KILL's component nanites that got left behind.(H-D)
OOC: Sure, I'm not averse to scrounging up a plot for the guys lounging around League HQ. If thelonewander and Kahinuva are interested, I'll bring them down and we can get started.IC: (Loadstone)X-Calibur ducked as a blast of electricity sailed past his head, striking a group of racoons attempting to scurry in underfoot. The smell of singed fur filled the air. "How much farther to the base?" he called up to Magneta and Loadstone.IC: (NPC - Doctor Om)"Well, you've certainly come to the right place," Doctor Om responded. "And only slightly behind schedule, whatever Allsight may think," he added under his breath, not intending for them to hear. "Right this way, please. You'll have to excuse the renovations, we recently had a bit of a conflict in the mansion proper."OOC: I'm considering dropping Soundless and replacing him with a different character. There are several candidates for the replacement, but I'll hold off until I can actually find a character I'll use. :P~ Rumpelstiltskin

IC [Kyle Tanaka | Omega Prime][League of Salvation Headquarters, New York City]:Kyle followed the two inside. The great thing about most hero names is that you could generally tell what they did, and Allsight was definitely some sort of psychic. A clairvoyant one, from the way Doctor Om was talking, but just to be sure..."From what it seems, the League has been looking for us. Is there something we don't know?"

IC: (NPC - Doctor Om)"A great many things, I'm sure," Doctor Om replied casually, only a touch of mirth bubbling through. "Are any of them pertinent? Perhaps. For example, I've been aware of your arrival for two days; I knew that you would arrive together by last night; and I became aware that I would meet with you directly early this morning. I don't believe either of you introduced yourselves; I'm Doctor Om."Doctor Om led the two into the mansion, past a grumbling Hero in a silver and white costume adorned with a crystalline pattern who held open the door. He glared at Doctor Om as he passed; though his mirrored visor shielded his eyes, the cast of his face spoke volumes.~ Rumpelstiltskin

[iC - Mystic] Mystic threw up a psychic barrier to hamper the animals, then lashed out mentally at them with thoughts of pain. She had little experience controlling the minds of animals - she wasn't even sure she could; perhaps something simple with proper concentration, but complex commands would almost certainly be wasted - but their minds had aura enough for her to sense. A simple mental bolt to the pain receptors ought to send more than a few scattering."Is this truly the best defense the Coalition can muster against us?" she asked bitterly. "Pardon me if I do not tremble before the might of these... woodland critters..."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Well, the nanite analysis nonsense was certainly taking its time. They'd confirmed the machines were in fact designed to connect with one another, but to what degree was uncertain - it could simply be a convenient method of patching up. One of the techs had suggested the actual vehicle was made of nanites. Theoretically feasible, but even with automated assembly by the thousands it would take forever to press out that many nanites. And with the constant need to repair the outer layers thanks to simple wear and tear, the nanites would have to be configured to self-replicate, which would require the exact right materials (you couldn't make nanites out of tinfoil, whatever the cartoons said) in significant amounts for long-term prospects...Omega was so wrapped in his thoughts that he didn't even notice he was on a direct collision course with Doctor Om. Being moderately invulnerable he still might not notice if they crashed right into one another, but the doctor was less likely to shake it off without a close encounter with the floor.|H-D|NPC: Ultionis had worked out a simple system for the animal attack: With one hand, shoot the ones that seem to be causing the most trouble. With the other, anything that came for him personally. So far with this he'd bagged twelve birds, three badgers and a very lean-looking bear. At this rate he ought to get into hunting. "Anyone got any thoughts on stopping this stampede? I don't have enough bullets for every animal in the forest." And then there was PETA to consider...(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC; (Tragedy, League HQ)" The names Tragedy."

War...war never changes.

OOC: Terribly sorry. Internet access has been a bit of a difficult proposition lately. Fortunately, I have helpful (read: clueless) neighbors, so I may be able to resume normal activity.IC(Whistler): The businessman inclined his head, smiling blandly."I'm not very particular regarding which numbers I write on this check. Well, actually, ten million pounds is probably an appropriate maximum value. Give a mouse a cookie and all that..." the businessman trailed off, then cleared his throat. "So. Name your price. The immediate termination of your employment with our adversary and information leading to their successful neutralization as a threat, in exchange for safe passage to a neutral destination of your choosing, and a monetary sum of your choosing."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

[iC - Mystic] "I can generate barriers to slow their advance, but that's about the best i can do," said Mystic, letting loose mental bolts to send animals scattering. "Loadstone, Magneta... working in tandem, could you create an electromagnetic field around this general area? Big enough to encompass us, and as many as the animals as you can manage. We need to create interference in the air around us, sufficient that the Coalition signal will be lost in the static. Hopefully, the animals will calm down without the signal exciting their minds. I believe Nil's abilities would also be useful in helping us drown out the signal."[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(Whistler): The check was made out within a few seconds, though the businessman frowned when he got to the point of writing who the money was actually supposed to go to."This account isn't actually in my name - special arrangement with the bank and all that - but it's rather likely that I'll still face some awkward questions about this unless you have some sort of cover identity I can use for this."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom