To Save The World!

IC - Gadgeteer @ League JetBefore Gadgeteer could stop him Madness had already gone and called up his friend. Great, Viktor thought, more interlopers. More people to disobey his orders. He shut off his armoured battle suit's audio emitters and let out a stressful sigh...

OOC: Huzzah, we've hit page 100 (once again, I believe? XD)! Party hats for all!IC: Four assaults from four different angles, each with varying effects... this would've been quite a challenge for any ordinary psychic. Mastermind, however, was clearly anything but ordinary. Even in his rampant state his mental powers could sense Fellwyd's rapid approach from above and the danger swooping in from behind: the ice-sword weilding woman in front of him stuck out like a sore thumb. Reacting to all of them was the bigger challenge, especially with his shield in it's weakest state yet.Fellwyd collided first, Mastermind shifting all of his shields strength to block the blow: at the cost of the entire shield shattering into non-existance and leaving him without any kind of protection at all. The mutant's tail was quick to react by smashing the alien across the face like a club, strong enough to send Fellwyd sprawling. Robbed of his only real defence, Abyss's sword strike became a grave threat if left unchecked, forcing Mastermind's total attention. Her heavy-water blade found itself suddenly jerked upwards as Mastermind took telekinetic control, trying to rip it from her and send it swinging against her or outright toss her and the blade aside if she held onto it. That just left the twin ice daggers which he could easily handle with a simp-*THUNK*Mastermind let out an ear-peircing screech of pain as one of the ice daggers grazed his abdomen, while the other he had considered dodged had embedded itself deeply within the top of his tail: his psychic abilities had conviently chosen to only consider a blow to his main body parts important enough to warn him about. A thick trail of blood was already beginning to pour from the wound, and the mutant fell to his knees in pain as the glow about him climaxed into a solid dome, which fell apart around the edges into a pillar as the nova misfired. The bright burst of aura that followed was almost blinding, the psychic semi-nova surging upwards and into the roof of the arena: and completely oblitering it, and the level above, and above that. It continued onwards until it destroyed the ground level of the facility itself and surged into the desert air before starting to fade, but the damage was done: every level between the underground arena and the deserts surface had a gaping section blown apart.When the sand that had been thrown about in the spectacle began to settle, the crater where Mastermind had once been was empty but it was too much to hope he'd obliterated himself in the process. A few drops of blood dropping from the sky quickly drew the heroes attention to the ceiling, where the wounded Mastermind hovered by his handiwork before hissing at the pair below and starting to fly upwards into his newly-made exit route. It had become clear he wasn't able to best the pair, so now he would try his luck at fleeing: something that was very counter-productive to Sluice's original goal for this sidetrip. Fate was cruel to reward their near-fatal fight with a race to the surface...

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC - Abyss @ Superbeing Smackdown!The crowd had become frenzied; many of the villains were scrambling over each other, attempting to flee. Other, more opportunistic villains were taking advantage of the chaos to ambush others and steal whatever valuables they had on them. Showtime's panicked voice resonated from the still-functioning speakers, trying to settle the spectators down, but he was barely heard over the yelling and arguing.Abyss stood a few feet away from the crater. Her shoulders were throbbing from where her weapon had been telekinetically yanked upwards too fast, and she coughed and spat from the dust that filled the air. Doing her best to ready her mind for another attack (though she was still a little drained from the variety of maneuvers she'd performed all at once just now) she walked to the edge of the crater and prepared to descend, and confront her injured foe.The sand that had been cast into the air cleared. She saw droplets of red fall onto the ground before her; she looked up to see Mastermind hovering far above the arena. With an angry hiss he began to ascend"Oh no you don't," muttered Abyss. She glanced around, quickly taking stock of the situation, and focusing on how to pursue Mastermind. If Sluice's consciousness were still present, she would have gone for the simple option of contacting Esp and telling her to block the exit from above. But Abyss was not privy to the same memories as Sluice; she had no idea that her new supersuit was capable of contacting Esp, or even that Esp was close by.On top of that, Sluice might have taken the time to find Fellwyd and check that he was okay, perhaps suggest that they pursue Mastermind together. Not Abyss. Her personality was formed of all the repressed thoughts and desires of Sarah Winters, including selfishness and revenge. Her reptilian ally was completely forgotten to her now; her only aim was to catch up with Mastermind and make him suffer.She clenched her fists. This was going to be a big maneuver, but it wasn't too complex for her to concentrate on, and she was confident that she could do it. The facility used to host Superbeing Smackdown provided accommodation and catering for its guests and, however lackluster they were, they both utilised water. Hence the spiderweb of water pipes running through the walls of the facility. Abyss could reach her will out to the water in these - the concrete and steel standing between them dulled her senses a bit, but it was enough for her to have a vague idea of where the water was.For the first few moments nothing happened. The rest of the dust settled around Abyss and Mastermind continued to soar upwards. Then several spots upon the sandy battlefield bulged and cracked. There was a muffled rumbling, and then four geysers burst out of the ground. They didn't spray for long though; almost instantly they began to curl towards Abyss, swirling around her body, submerging it from the shoulders down. The liquid around her expanded - and then suddenly extended, forcing her upwards like an upside-down waterfall. Abyss rocketed through the hole in the ceiling after Mastermind, water continuously adding to her swirling pillar as it streamed from the pipes...OOC: Visual aid if you're confused by what Abyss is doing:

Korra.png

One of the best things about the two Avatar series is that I can steal all of the waterbending techniques for use by Sluice :P

Edited by Kumata

OOC: I love Avatar. :DIC: Skyra - Forrest -Without another word, I got to work, I reached out at the wall and began to 'feel' the rotting wood with some air, finding the weakest spot. Then made a powerful blast of wind directly at that weakest point. The wall of rotting wood splintered into pieces, leaving a huge gaping whole. "Done."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

So what does that harvesting power entail exactly? The way I understand it he can leech energy out of people (and things?) to increase his telekinetic powers, but can absorb superhuman powers if they're relatively minor. When he absorbs them, does he get the power as well as the originator, or does it cancel theirs out for a bit? Does it just weaken their version of it?
He can only harvest powers from people that are dead, not objects or living people. A relatively smaller version of the superhuman power can be absorbed if the target is superhuman, but doesn't really last for that long depending on how long he spent harvesting and how "fresh" the dead body is.
Ah, so what we have is the Mask of Scavenging, essentially? Yeah that works. Approved

7AOYGDJ.jpg

So what does that harvesting power entail exactly? The way I understand it he can leech energy out of people (and things?) to increase his telekinetic powers, but can absorb superhuman powers if they're relatively minor. When he absorbs them, does he get the power as well as the originator, or does it cancel theirs out for a bit? Does it just weaken their version of it?
He can only harvest powers from people that are dead, not objects or living people. A relatively smaller version of the superhuman power can be absorbed if the target is superhuman, but doesn't really last for that long depending on how long he spent harvesting and how "fresh" the dead body is.
Ah, so what we have is the Mask of Scavenging, essentially? Yeah that works. Approved
Awesome. Where should I start?

OOC: Where's everyone else from the group in the forest?IC - Gadgeteer @ League Jet"No - No. Do not contact anyone else," said Gadgeteer sternly. "Me and my allies are engaged in an important mission, The less people that know about our activities the better." He paused, then: "We are working to stop a supervillain called Lady Hexas. If you wish to help us stop her, then I will fill you in on what we know. If you have other engagements then we will drop you off where you need to go." Viktor wouldn't normally have given Madness the option to join them, but he was being careful not to rub this psychic the wrong way. Besides, a guy with mind-reading powers dropping into their lap just as they were planning on carrying out an interrogation was a happy coincidence...

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Mr. No-One is off looking for a gap in the wall, with no active communication equipment, because he heard something about "stealth" and thought it might be a good idea.This whole operation got weird fast.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: I meant more the members behind the characters. It's starting to feel like everyone's standing there waiting for me to say "alright, do this, now do this". Or is everyone just confused as to what's going on?

RECAP TIME

The League of Salvation has reason to believe that the Coalition of Corruption has built a base in a forest (located in the Upper Peninusla of Michigan). A group of heroes travelled there to investigate. Nil and Magneta confirmed the presence of a large metal underground facility that is broadcasting radio signals. The group were attempting to send Ultionis and Mr. No-One towards it stealthily, but one or two misunderstandings put an end to that. Also E30 briefly attacked the group before running off. Right now the group is heading towards the site where they believe the base to be (or at the very least the spot of ground which it is under). The group consists of X-Calibur, Ultionis, Mr. No-One, Loadstone, Sugar Rush, Magneta, Mystic, Nil, Epsilon, Siren and Skyra.

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Let's try to get this moving then, not sure why no one is posting so I will I guess. IC: Skyra - Forrest -With the hole in the wall, they could now all pass through...the Coalition would most likely be upon them soon. Skyra wasted no time and entered through the hole first, Lonestone and Magneta probably right behind him, since they were suppose to go in first. Skyra was ready to repel any attacks with his air powers, and hopefully Lonestone and Magneta could take care of any metal projectiles. Skyra would take care of anything else thrown at them.

IC: [Kyle Tanaka | Omega Prime]:In the hours that passed since the "Operation Lockdown Threat", things had already escalated. Already the means for the threat had been neutralized and Lady Hexas had long since gone. The internet had been aflamed with rumors about the files; some saying that they didn't even exist in the first place.Kyle had followed each of the threads, looking through conspiracy websites and following news feeds. Many said that the files were evidence of some ancient extraterrestrial infiltrators that were seeded into the UN, posing as humans. Others said that they were pointing to rigged elections, using superhumans to alter people's thoughts or manipulate voting data. Still others proposed that it was a backdoor project to "lock down" the world under the guise of superhuman terrorism. Those were all useless. They weren't the data he needed.But the last prominent theory proved to be what he was searching for. Metasoldier genetic engineering. Something pointing him towards the direction of the people that bred him in an underground laberatory.Ever since he had discovered his powers, flashes of memories kept coming back to him. There were things that had been erased from his mind that were beginning to resurface. Honestly speaking, he couldn't really pinpoint any of them. But there was something about Operation: Lockdown that interested him. Even if they weren't files about him, having former untraceable files might at least help in finding other "untraceable" files.He had been waiting to expand his powers before going anywhere. But over the past several months he had gotten over his phobia of being found out. At first, he snuck around, hiding in the shadows and alleyways, slamming would-be muggers into the pavement and harvesting their bodies. He found out that he stopped caring about them after the seventh time. Being threatened always provided a backdoor for a guilty conscience.Before, flying was a stranious endeavor, the act of lifting himself into the air taking full concentration. After a few months, it became more of an instinct than anything else. Whether it was because of the energy he was harvesting or the fact that he was using his power more often, he now felt fully confident that he could get around with ease. He even had conditioned himself to levitate while unconcious, often falling asleep suspended inches above the surface of his bed matress.Custom clothing, what with the world being obsessed with the new superhumans, was extremely easy to find. Whatever is popular generally dictates the fashion of the era and speciaty shops were becoming a common site. Nothing as revealing as spandex, of course, but enough to make him both blend in with a crowd and to give him just the right amount of iconism.He grabbed a small pack by his bed and then his smartphone, darting his head out of the window for a brief second before climbing up to the ledge and forcing himself off of the surface. He climbed higher in the air until he reached several stories above ground, furrowed his brow, then pushed himself off into the sky.

IC: (Tragedy)Tragedy climbed out of the subway tunnel, confused as to what had happened in there. regardless, he moved on, exploring the rest of NYC. eventually he came across the League HQ building, and though of joining. whats the worst that happens? i get rejected by them?or they lock both of us up, and we never see the light of day again because of dangerous we are. NO! you are the dangerous one, i'm the one that tries to do the right thing, but you just kill everything you see. And whats wrong with that? they made you angry, and they have to pay a price, and i'm the collector.Alex decide that it was best to at lest try and sign up, no matter what Lord Death said.OOC: Playing as a slightly mentally unstable person is so much fun.

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC - Gadgeteer @ League Jet"Your help is appreciated, and your abilities may be of use at once," said Gadgeteer thoughtfully. He gestured towards Romulus, who was at the other end of the craft with Negafire and Saosin. "That villain; we need to extract certain information from him. If you are psychic, then perhaps you might be best suited to do so."IC - X-Calibur @ ForestAs the others moved forwards so did X-Calibur, drawing a black machete as he did so. At the press of a switch the blade become surrounded in crackling red energy. He stayed in the middle of the group, casting glances in every direction and studying the environment. Aside from the group having to walk single-file to get past tight clusters of trees, the terrain didn't prove an obstacle. A couple of birds fluttered out of their nests. Then a few more. After a few moments Nil paused, looking to the sky with a curious expression. X-Calibur noticed this."What is it?" He asked, moving to Nil's side."Shh... there's something in the air, a signal..." murmured Nil."What kind? Where's it coming from?""From the direction of that Coalition base. It's... not really a computer signal, it's electronic though, there's - there's a weird pattern to it..."The popping sound of twigs being crushed underfoot resounded from the right of the group; there was a low growl and two black bears lumbered into view. Before the appearance could be properly acknowledged by the group several chittering squirrels and racoons emerged from hiding spots beneath or within the surrounding trees... then came the rats and mice from the leafy undergrowth... then the snakes, then the forest (already quite dark) grew darker still as what could be seen of the sky became blotted out by a dark mass of birds... and all the while movement could be heard echoing from the depths of the forest around them as the Coalition's signal drew yet more animals to the scene...OOC: Fired off a few PMs to inactive players. In the meantime, have fun battling North American wildlife!

Edited by Kumata

IC:"Well..." Madness stood up and walked to the werewolf, rubbing his temples and allowing himself to relax. He looked into the werewolf's eyes. They had a contemptuous look in them. "I suppose we could do this the easy way, or the hard way." Madness said in a cold tone. "The hard way involves me driving you insane. The easy way is that I read your mind. If you struggle," here Madness gave a cold smile, "I'll make it as painful as I can."

"Wer Traumt?"

IC: NilForest, near Coalition BaseNil muttered what sounded like an anathema under his breath as he drew his pistol. "I don't like our predicament," he told X-Calibur; "the animals didn't start coming till the signal began, and if the Coalition is bothering to send anything out here in the first place, we must have been detected. Either our presence is known in the base and our mission is about compromised, or -- the extremely lucky scenario -- we're dealing with an automated defense system that doesn't send data to any sentient operators, only reacts. I can't say which, and either way, we're screwed if we stay here."

OCC: @ kahinuva: you could meet up with my character in NYC at the League base there.

War...war never changes.

IC: Skyra - Near Coalition Base -Skyra gritted his teeth. "We need to get as close the base as possible..." Skyra's idea of getting to safety was to push on through...well maybe not safe...but safe from the animals anyway. Skyra began to channel his powers to blow massive amounts of air in front of them, causing any animals in front of them to either be pushed back or blow away to the side. "We've got to keep moving forward..."

IC - X-Calibur @ ForestNone of the animals appeared to have reacted to Epsilon's growl. They were approaching the group in a maddened state; nothing else save attacking humans seemed to occupy their minds. Skyra's air blasts did a good job of keeping some animals away, but other continued to approach from the sides. X-Calibur swung his Energy Machete; a bear backed off from the sharp fizzle it made as it sliced through the air."Forward it is, but stay on guard! There may still be other defenses." He kicked off a pair of snakes that were trying to coil up his legs and began marching with the others, keeping his gaze backwards so as to keep an eye on the animals that continued to come after the group...

IC: NilForest, near Coalition BaseDuring times like these, Nil wished he had been granted powers more suitable to fighting. His reflexes would afford him some advantage, but a power like super strength, super speed, telekinesis -- the list went on -- would have been preferable.Hefting his pistol, he moved forward behind Skyra, his gaze darting back and forth to each approaching rank of animals and his weapon following his eyes.

So now would be a good time to explain my hitherto unexplained absence. Thing is, I really don't get it myself.When I try to access BZPower from home I get some kind of CloudFlare message telling me the site is unavailable and it can't find a cached version. I've tried this with three computers at the same IP address, same result. It only recently occurred to me to check from a different IP and find out that, as I'd kind of suspected, this is not a problem affecting the site, but my IP. Hence why I haven't been on at all. I'm planning to contact tech support now I know it's a local problem, but... Yeah, in case anyone was wondering why I've been gone for so long, now you know. Sorry to those interacting with my characters. It's kind of out of my hands. :(

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: "Oh wow a psychic, because I've never met one of those before," said Romulus archly. If only they could find a way to tie up his sarcasm, "Nice tough guy act rookie, but I remain unimpressed. You're just trying to hard, with the mask and the costume. I've met mind-benders who were scary because of what they could do, not because they'd read too much Miller."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC:Real Name: Kane JohnsonAlias: ScorcherAppearance: Kane has long messy black hair; that is shaved in a military high-and-tight crew cut. Kane has a prickly unshaven face and a haunted appearance. His eyes give away all the pain and suffering he has witnessed. Kane when not costumed usually wears a colored T-shirt or tank-top, faded jeans, or shorts, and a pair of Vans sneakers, different colors depending on what outfit he’s wearing.http://i700.photobuc...ewestScorch.jpg (His costume)Power: Scorcher has the power over the molecular control and creation of fire, Scorcher’s body can create flames from within him, to do so Scorcher must summon the flames within them, and they appear inside his hands, where he can shape the flames, or throw them as fireballs and so on. Scorcher also has a flame aura, which is when he covers his entire body with flames. The flames do not hurt him in anyway, or even singe his hair etc, he feels nothing. Scorcher’s can summon his flame aura at any time; he can cover his hands, or his entire body. Though usually when fighting his flame aura activates on its own. Also the flame aura changes Kane’s skin from flesh-tone to a bright red beneath the flames.Scorcher’s flame aura gives him the power of flight, by projecting the flames off of any surface, and raising him into the air. Scorcher’s flames also have a special magical property, if he created wings out of his flames then they could keep him aloft in the air, they become almost physical, if he created a blade out of flames it could slice through things from the heat etc. He has been known to shape or manipulate fire into walls of flames, a sword made of flames, wings of flames, and even the face of a dragon made of flames. Kane is also naturally resistant to all types of fire.Allegiance: LeagueArea: New York CityBio: Kane was born as Jacob Walker, though he doesn’t remember any of his early life, nor his real family. Jacob was born two years after his older brother Tom. Jacob’s parents were lawyers, who were fighting for the protection of a certain Indian reservation they lived on called Hawk Burrow. Apparently they got the attention of the organization known as DARK. DARK sent in their first agent, Incinerator, to kill the two lawyers.Incinerator set fire to Jacob’s home one night. Jacob awoke from a dream during the flames, when he was only four years old. His parents rushed into his room, as flames began to consume the hallway beyond his room. Soon the whole room was on fire. Jacob watches as his parents caught fire, and began to carry him towards the door. They fell from pain, and let go of Jacob. Scared out of his mind he ran the rest of the way through the house, through the flames, yet he was strangely unaffected. Jacob sprinted outside into the night, alone and afraid. He was met by the figure of Incinerator. The armored villain examined Jacob with his cold skull shaped mask. Incinerator had seen how the child had run through the hot flames, he should have been charred to death by them, but instead he was perfectly fine.Incinerator grabbed the two year old kid, and took him back with him to the DARK base. Incinerator’s real name was Jake Johnson, and he was a high ranking DARK Agent. Jake had DARK erase the boy’s earliest memories and replaced them with fake memory implants using Novocain’s special technology. Jake decided to adopt Jacob, and he brought him home to his wife Karen, and their son Caden. Incinerator grew to love Jacob like his own son, and renamed him Kane Johnson. Jacob grew up under the name Kane, never remembering his old life or parents. As Kane grew up Jake taught him how to master his power of flame, and Kane always thought that he was like his father, who had the same power, never knowing that really Jake’s power had come from the scientist Novocain and not natural means.When Kane was ten years old, Jake knocked him out and then took him away from home and sent him to DARK to be trained to become just like him. Kane was a true fire elemental; he would become a powerful weapon in the eyes of DARK. He was implemented into the Elemental program, along with: Red Storm, Icitine, Calx, and Tidal Surge; a team of highly trained assassins, who worked with Product One often.They designed Kane a special fireproof suit; that helped him control his elemental power. The suit came equipped with special openings where the flames could protrude, and be used as weapons. DARK quickly rebuilt Jake’s suit, this time adding more improvements. Kane spent many years killing targets for DARK; working with his own father, and the other elementals. Eventually when Kane was eighteen he recieved a letter from his older brother Caden asking him to return home that he needed to see him after eight years. Kane returned home to find his brother changed, his hair was gone, his skin was now snow white, and his eyes were now bright yellow instead of blue. As Kane badgered his brother with questions inside the house Caden had a breakdown, and suddenly he created a massive explosion that destroyed the house, and killed Karen, their mother. The brother’s were appalled at their death, but Caden was a superhuman now to Kane’s astonishment. Caden was then brought into DARK from the orders of their father Incinerator, and he called himself Destruction, and he became even more lethal than Kane.A year ago, Kane decided to leave DARK behind, and went out on his own. Eventually he joined the League so he could use his powers for good instead of evil.(Not sure if it's too late to join this or not, but I'll try anyway)

Edited by Flex Nard

IC - Gadgeteer @ League JetGadgeteer leaned back in his chair with another sigh. The exhaustion of the day's activities was catching up to him, throbbing in his aching muscles... now that he was sat down, he was starting to become aware of just how much energy he'd used in the various battles the group had been involved with. He'd have liked to join Madness at Romulus' side and offer tips for the interrogation, but it was too much for him to do just now. Viktor was the sort of man who pushed himself to the limit, but at the same time he understood the danger of overexertion. He needed to take advantage of this brief respite and rest while he could... OOC: I'm going to be gone for a while, so if the group moves out of the jet feel free to either 1) come up with some excuse for Gadgeteer to stay where he is or 2) quietly shuffle him along with the group, so I can leap back into the action when I return. Rumpelstiltskin will be taking command of the plot involving X-Calibur and the others in the forest. Bye!

OCC:

OCC: @ kahinuva:you could meet up with my character in NYC at the League base there.
i did answer, but i guessed you missed it then...

War...war never changes.

OCC:
OCC: @ kahinuva:you could meet up with my character in NYC at the League base there.
i did answer, but i guessed you missed it then...
OOC: Ah, sorry about that. I only get notifications when people quote me; I must have missed this.IC: [Kyle Tanaka | Omega Prime]:The League Headquarters was the logical place to start, and Kyle headed over to there in hopes of catching someone that could provide him with information. Edited by Kahinuva