To Save The World!

IC(Fellwyd): The alien had no idea what was being said, but he had a good enough idea regarding the tone, so after a couple more muffled thuds, he reappeared from around the corner, Darkness' (now badly misshapen) head still clutched in one hand, and, after a quick look-around to figure out what was going on, he followed the other two back to the (sociopathic?) spaceship. As the enemy's body was still being brought along, he decided not to dispose of the unpleasant, now rather slimy, thing.OOC: I find that it is good to periodically remind everyone that Fellwyd is about four and a half feet tall, and has the mouth of this thing. Not exactly tall, dark and handsome.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: "Miss Sarcophagus," came a cocky voice from behind Apep, accompanied by a shimmering clamp like a giant handcuff moving to encircle her body, "you've been naughtier." Floating outside the shattered window, one hand extended with the manacle connected by a trail of orange light, was the same black, glowy superhero Apep had utterly failed to notice the last dozen or so times. It was breaking the window that had tipped the scales. Omega had been around for longer than a lot of heroes (interesting, since he was in college) and knew by personal, embarrassing experience that someone crawling up a building into a window could just as easily be entering their own apartment, and by even-more-embarrassing experience that villains could make the same claims as heroes without proof to the contrary. But you don't break the window to your own apartment, and especially not to a hotel room. Now they had criminal charges they could act decisively.|H-D|

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC; (Lone, At the Sub)"Sure" Lone gripped the other side, ready to pull it open when Victor started to.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: "Oh you think the superheroes will care about a place locking away all their worst enemies? How very naive. Its almost sweet. No, my way brings attention to the matter. He cannot dodge this by legal or political wrangling. He gives me the files or I cause carnage until he does. Its almost honest, at least as far as blackmail can be."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Saosin (Hexas' Sub, Pacific Trash Vortex)"It's also called terrorism," Tilian pointed out. "Watched the news lately? That sort of thing doesn't end well for people. There's an easier way to do this without risking so many lives. You just have to open your mind up to it."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC - Apep @ Glass Pillar HotelThe bandaged villainess whirled round and sent a stream of paper upwards to wrap around the ceiling light, yanking herself out of the closing grip of the energy clamp just in time. She landed with a bounce upon the bed."How unprofessional of me, in the bedroom with a tall dark stranger when I'm supposed to be working," she rasped. Paper tendrils weaved above her shoulders like swaying cobras. "I'm guessing you'll want to keep the 'tall and dark' aspect so let's eliminate the 'stranger'. What's your handle? Mine's Apep, not sarcophagus."IC - Gadgeteer @ SubmarineWith the last of the screws removed, Gadgeteer got a good grip upon the metal panel and, with Lone's aid, yanked it away from the underside of the submarine. The resultant hole was large enough for them to swim through one after the other, taking them into a large box-shaped tank with a rapidly shrinking cushion of air at the top. Gadgeteer repositioned the metal panel beneath them, and realised that there was no way he could safely reattach it from inside the sub. He pondered for a moment, then released a diamond-tipped drill from his wrist-ring and carefully adjusted the head. Then he drilled four new holes into the corners of the panel and, taking some screws back from Lone, fastened it in place. It was much more loose now, but unless the sub came under heavy turbulence then it should stay.Next they had to escape from the tank. Gadgeteer drifted around, studying the walls until he found a line of rivets, and using a wrench he removed the bolts, again passing them to Lone while he worked."Store these and the other screws someplace safe. We will need them later," he instructed,The last of the rivets came off, the wall panel gave way and suddenly a current dragged Gadgeteer and Lone out into a previously-dry room, as the water splashed and streamed outwards. The change in buoyancy caused a very noticeable ##### and shudder throughout the sub. The water soon settled into a knee-deep puddle that filled the room, which sported several more box-shaped tanks.Gadgeteer straightened up. The Omega Radiation source was situated a level above them, at the bow of the sub. He gestured for Lone to follow, then began to climb a set of metal stairs.IC - Sluice @ Epsilon"Oh, er - Esp I think you'd better take that and store it with, um, the rest of him," said Sluice looking queasily at the misshapen head of Darkness in Fellwyd's grip. But she was a bit thankful, for it was a nice opportunity to interrupt the argument Silver had been having with Esp. She turned to the mutant, and gently gripping his arm tried to lead him over to the metal bench that served as Esp's seating. "Maybe you should sit down, catch your breath a bit... Esp if you've got any bandages then now's the time. Ice isn't a very helpful dressing, in the long term..."

IC(Fellwyd): The alien, hearing talking and seeing Sluice looking at Darkness' head, looked at it himself for a little bit, and then went back to just sort of standing there, supremely confused.His translator chose that moment to start letting off significant quantities of smoke. Not like comically excessive quantities, but about what you'd expect from a wrecked piece of alien technology the size of a sandwich.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: "Noted, with apologies," Omega replied with a little bow. Okay, that sounded maybe a bit sarcastic, but he tried to make up for it. "I go by Omega. My partner-" He glanced sideways to... a Prime-shaped hole in the scenery. He sighed. "My partner will be joining us soon. On a related note, I really need to stop jumping ahead all the time." He shook his head and focused on Apep again. As he did, he extended his arm toward the woman who apparently was staying in this room and called a wall of energy into being between her and Apep, which conveniently left the door out of the room on her side."I hate to ruin the mood, but hostage situations aren't my thing. No chance you'll tell me why you were in here in the first place?" He put on a charming smile for good measure. Hey, maybe it would help, you never knew.|H-D|

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: (Lone,in the sub.)"Got it." Lone then opened a compartment in his armor to put the nuts and blots in. He followed Gadgeteer's lead, not knowing where to go on this sub.

War...war never changes.

IC: The Phantom (Gone):Drona watched as the, um, mummy, swung through a widow of the building next to it. Then came, well who ever it was, floating outside the broken widow. Drona was curious to find what was going on, he looked to the widow of the room next to it and appeared behind the glass. Apparently there was no one staying in this room. Drona went to the the hall and knocked on the door to the room that so much seemed to be going on "This is the manager."

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ Coalition Mine Hideout"Works for me," said X-Calibur. "Any objections?" When none were voiced, he pulled the cage lift's door aside with a rattle, then climbed in. The others followed, X-Calibur pressed the button marked '9' and with another rattle the lift began to descend. It shuddered as it made its way down through a vertical tunnel of dark, unlit rock, but the energy field Sugar Rush had provided for flooring kept the group unshaken.A minute later the lift stopped at level 9. The corridor that the group stepped out to appeared the same as the one they had just come from - metal panelling, with lights that only switched on when you were under them - but noticeably the corridor forked in three directions. Signs on the walls marked the three hallways as leading to 'Storage', 'Break room' and 'Surveillance'.And whilst the group were examining their three choices - in X-Calibur's case, using his helmet scanner to search for any useful data - the cage lift suddenly rattled down and out of sight."Shoot," said X-Calibur as he looked toward the empty shaft. "Should have seen that coming."IC - Sluice @ EpsilonThe slight smell of burning drew Sluice's attention to Fellwyd, whose translator was both heavily damaged and smoking."Fell- oh no, is that - your translator's broken? Can you understand me, Fellwyd?" Her answer was an expression of bewilderment from the alien, interrupted briefly by a look of recognition as she said his name. Sluice frowned. "Drat! Uh... I don't suppose... you can fix this yourself?" She tried miming the question to Fellwyd using lots of pointing, though it was questionable whether he would have any clue what she was trying to convey, given that she used several Earth-based mimes such as turning a screwdriver.IC - Gadgeteer @ SubmarineGadgeteer stomped (in his heavy Deep Sea Mode he couldn't do much else) through the submarine, Lone close behind. He studied the environment as they passed but there were no traps; no sign that this was anything other than a regular submarine. Perhaps Lady Hexas' defenses were as poor as they seemed, but he was still suspicious. Only one source of Omega Radiation meant that a battle couldn't be going on. Had the group been defeated already? Captured? Killed?Soon they faced a door, beyond which stood the Omega Radiation source."Ready your guns," he told Lone. "I am slow in this mode. It will be up to you to react to any sudden attack."He forced open the door.IC - Apep @ Glass Pillar hotelAs Omega spoke, some of Apep's paper tendrils yanked pieces of glass out of her body. They came out coated with congealed blood."Whoever said this was a hostage situation? I'm here to kill the little b****." The woman (white, mid-40s, strong jaw, chestnut hair, smart suit) hesitated at first. Then, as soon as she took in the fact that Omega's energy barrier would stop Apep from getting to her, she darted towards the door, off of which a knock was just resounding. "This is the manager," said a voice, and the woman flung the door open in response."S-su-supervillain attack!" She stammered to The Phantom. In her eagerness to escape she hadn't noticed, or perhaps didn't care that he wasn't really the manager. She didn't stop to say any more either: she pushed past The Phantom and sprinted down the corridor, heading for a pair of lift doors.Apep had watched the woman escape from the room, unable to do anything about it, then looked back at Omega. That deathmask with its sinister smile provided no clue as to her real emotions. "I was planning on using these on her, but I think they'll suit you." Apep's tendrils flung the collection of glass shards, and as soon as they had left the grip of her paper she was already off the bed and reaching for a small desk...

IC(Fellwyd): The alien did not, in fact, have any idea what she was talking (or miming) about, though generally when a piece of electronic equipment begins dangling loose wires and emitting smoke, repair is more or less out of the question.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: The Phantom:The door flung open, and a woman spit out "S-su-supervillain attack!" then pushed by and ran down the hall. Anyways, Drona crossed his legs and leaned against the door frame for a moment, observing the broken widow then walking in to the room, "And who, may I ask will be paying for this." Drone bit the inside of his lip to keep from laughing.OOC: By the way The Phantom appeared on a building next to the one Apep was on and/or swinging to, not the same one.

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

IC: Omega glanced at the manager. "Yeah, uh, I think there's a bill for these super-fights. Not sure if it's still up after the inva-" At this point he noticed a few very small, stinging sensations and glanced down at his chest to see glass bouncing off it. "Wow," he said, casting a deadpan look at Apep, "that did not hurt me at-" CRASH! He had looked up, as it happened, at just the right time to see a mass of wood flying right at him, but not fast enough to actually do anything about it. The impact sent him out the window and plummetting to the ground...For about four seconds. Then he righted himself in mid-air and rubbed his temple. His head was throbbing like... Well, like he'd just been hit right in the head with a small, wooden desk. He was tough enough to take it, but hopefully that was the heaviest thing she could hurl at him. He flew back up to the broken window and leveled a hard stare at the villainess, now looking distinctly unamused. "That one hurt."|H-D|NPC: X-Calibur was right, of course. They really should have seen that coming. Still, it could have been worse. There could have been guns behind the walls or something. "I vote surveillance," he said once he'd gotten his bearings. "It's the most likely to have useful information. Assuming the sign's telling the truth." The last time he had followed a map of a base the place marked 'master control room' had been a deathtrap. The real control room had been marked 'sewage access.' He was not going to repeat that mistake.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

[Omega Prime | Kyle Hanaka][Glass Pillar Hotel, New York, New York]Glass windows and wooden tables. So that's how these things were fought.Kyle wasn't ready to admit it, to Omega or to himself, but he had gotten far too lost in the escapade. It shouldn't be possible to lose a living renegade from the Museum of National History, but there was a lot more to the hero thing than he had previously thought.Prime time for an entrance? Primed for action?He had taken to watching the battle. He had fought "normal" humans before. They were easy enough, really. The simplest of pushes threw off their aim, and from there it was just a matter of pushing them into the nearest sharp object. Powers were something he had taken care to avoid, though. Now there wasn't really any avoiding it now.You're about to get primed? Prime time of my life?He would have love to say that he was standing back for tactical analysis, but the truth was this was just awe-inspiring to watch. He'd never been privy to a true battle, not up close, anyways. He'd seen the videos, of course, and he saw Gadgeteer smash a Sharkman through two buildings over him once, but he had never seen an actual battle. It wasn't until the table hit that he remembered why he was even there.Unleash my primal rage? Just in prime to save you?He took a good look at the two, strafing around, trying to find a place where he wouldn't hit Omega straight on. He thought he was far enough so that the King Tut reject didn't see him, but he couldn't be sure. One way to find out.Prime time for a beatdown? Time to prime you for battle?Yeah. The banter really wasn't his thing.Better to say less and hit hard anyway.He charged.OOC: School has been terribly busy, but I have some free time finally so here I am. Sorry for holding you up, Kumata and Half-Dragon.

OOC: No problem, glad you could join in.IC - Apep @ Glass Pillar hotelApep's paper tendrils snaked through the air, growing under her power, and smothered Omega Prime's face as he charged, obstructing his vision. She sidestepped so that should he continue he'd miss and crash into a cupboard."This must be the partner you spoke of. Aw look, he's even got your symbol on his back." Apep was referring to the Greek Omega character printed on Omega Prime's jacket. "Wonder if he's as durable as you?" The paper strips which coiled around Omega Prime's face started to twist tighter - in moments they would be squeezing hard around his neck.Meanwhile more bandages extended from Apep's body, hovering idly and pointing in various directions, ready for later use. True, growing more tendrils only took her a few seconds, but they were valuable seconds in the heat of battle.IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ Coalition Mine hideoutX-Calibur nodded. "Unless we deliberately want to run into some villains, then the break room is definitely out of the question. Depending on the purpose of this facility storage might be useful, but we can always come back to it. Plus with any luck they have surveillance indoors as well as outside; we can then use it to find out exactly what else is in this hideout. Although... if there is surveillance indoors then they surely know we're coming."The group progressed carefully forwards. Behind them the lights clicked off, and into the darkness they walked...

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Well Fellwyd doesn't need to be "tall, dark and handsome" when Silver is exceedingly paranoid. It's been a whole month since he last saw any of his friends after all and it felt like a lifetime.... anything could've happened! :PIC: When Sluice was pre-occupied trying to speak to Fellwyd, Esp neutralised Silver with a quick burst from an airborne tranquiliser. The mutant hero's body had no chance to try and gaurd from it so almost immediatly began to go limp, metallic tendrils descending from the ceiling to support his body and begin to carry him away to another part of the ship."I will handle Silver for now. As for Fellwyd... I believe his original translator may be beyond my capability to restore. It is my understanding that the language in question he speaks is primarily from Argentina and Wales..." Esp began, shifting through her database before turning her holographic avatar towards Fellwyd himself.<Is this the language your translator converted into English, and back? Do you understand this?> Esp asked in more-or-less accurate Welsh, already forming perliminary designs for a new translator mimicing his old one should the language she was using be correct.OOC: < > tags around is generally what I/we have used in the past to denote that they are not speaking in English.How do you want your new translator to be? His old one was kind of a like a necklace with a box on the end right?

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

OOC: Sort of a boxy thing he wore at his waist, actually. It probably had a little clippy thing to hook onto the 'armor' (small metal plates sewn onto leather) he wore.IC(Fellwyd): As he had originally crash-landed near Cardiff and had thus encountered an entire city of people who spoke his language, it shouldn't have been too surprising to the alien that the passive-aggressive spaceship got the language right, but it still took him a couple of seconds to make sure he was hearing it right before answering to the affirmative.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

[Omega Prime|Kyle Hanaka][Glass Tower Hotel, New York, New York]Well, that was a dismal failure.Chalk it up to experience, at least. Should've opened up with a psionic wave or something.Bandages coursed around his neck, strangling him. Not how he wanted to go. Time was ticking. He needed a way out. He was trying to push out from his neck, which he had admittedly never tried before. Not much luck. Barely enough to take a breath here and there.Something she said. Omega's symbol on his back. Maybe, just maybe, she thought he was his sidekick. Omega Boy or something like that. Same powerset but in a smaller and more vulnerable package. All she had seen was him fly. She wouldn't know he was a psionic.Worth a shot.He wrapped his arm around the bandages that held his neck, like he was trying to wrestle them from her. Then he leaned back, throwing his arms forward so that his back was parallel to the floor. Legs crouched, he kicked them forward, a powerful wave emitting from the motion of the kick and ramming into the mummified terror right in the stomach. The rest of her bandaged tendrils reached forward, but the moment had shocked her just enough to slightly loosen the hold on her makeshift noose. Kyle pushed away from her, but the strips of cloth whipped out and snagged his foot, violently snapping him out of his mental trajectory and sending him crashing to the floor.

Edited by Kahi

IC - Sluice @ EpsilonSluice raised an eyebrow. "Wait - hang on - Fellwyd speaks Welsh?" The bizarre revelations just kept coming.IC - Apep @ Glass Pillar hotel"Whuff!" Apep doubled over, her stomach folding in from the force of the blow. She halted for a moment in her attack, which allowed Omega Prime to slip out of her noose. But then more of the whipping bandages managed to trip the hero and, pressing her advantage, Apep mentally willed the tendrils that had just tried to choke the hero to coil together into one ropelike mass and plunge down the hero's throat."I've got a few options here: choke you, poke your eyeballs out, or rip your stomach out through your throat," murmured Apep, the tone of her voice suggesting that she was grinning as she said this. "Choices, choices..."

Edited by Kumata

IC: "That one hurt."By the time Omega came back up it seemed Prime had gotten into the fight and was... doing well enough, for a new guy. He could see Apep seemed to be having slight breathing troubles and was standing a couple of feet back from her previous spot - evidence of a strong hit to the midsection. Prime, however, was having somewhat greater breathing troubles. Eww... Good thing those were cloth. If they were paper the damage to his throat- Did not bear thinking about and would never again be thought about ewewew where was the brain bleach?Shoving these thoughts into the corner of his mind and hoping they hadn't shown on his otherwise pretty cool, stone-hard face, Omega extended his hand and calmly fired a beam through the bandages about a foot out from Prime's face. He didn't usually use this version of his blasts since it was outright lethal, but he was almost 98% certain those bandages weren't actually part of Apep's body. And if they were... He would need so much more than flowers and get-well cards sent to the hospital. Regardless, the attack burned through the bandages like a laser through... well, through old, linen cloth. Then, without missing a beat, he fired a more normal, concussive blast at Apep herself.|H-D|NPC: Ultionis glanced back at the elevator shaft, sans elevator. "Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling they know we're here," he remarked. And that, ladies and gentlemen, was about as funny as he ever got on a mission.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: I should clarify here that the strips Apep uses to attack are made of paper, papyrus specifically. Haven't posted her profile here yet but her main power is papyrokinesis; paper control. Unlike normal mummies she doesn't have any linen on her; the bandages around her body are just made up of layers of paper strips.IC - Apep @ Glass Pillar hotelThe moment that the bandages were severed they fell limp, ceasing their attempt to plunge down Omega Prime's throat.Apep lunged to try and dodge the concussive blast; it caught her on the shoulder and she span backwards, crashing into the energy barrier behind her. Those tendrils of hers that were extended rippled with the shock of the blow. Apep slid down the barrier and onto the floor with arms splayed in an exaggerated, cartoonish manner."Hnn... nice hit there," she rasped to Omega as she got to her feet. Her shoulder looked a little lower than it should be; with a crack-pop her bandages slid it back into place. "Omega Junior's not looking too great though. A little dry in the throat? This'll help." Her tendrils had snaked to the minibar beside her, and now they began flinging bottles of alcohol at Omega Prime.IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ Coalition Mine hideout"I meant more along the lines of them knowing exactly who we are, what we look like, et cetera. I'm sure the Coalition can recognise a few of us on sight, which means they'll immediately be aware of our powersets. But it's pointless worrying about it. Best thing to do is expect to be expected..."

IC: "Apparently so, even though the likleyhood of his species' native tongue actually equating to Welsh is astronomically low..." Esp glanced back at Sluice before speaking to Fellwyd once more: "<I do not believe I can repair your translator, so I will attempt to create a replacement: if possible I will remove the translation delay and allow it to work as close to real-time as I can. But for the moment, anything you wish to ask of Sluice you may run through me to translate>" "Sluice, do you have a destination in mind yet? I am still running tests on the sample I took from... Silver.... to confirm whether he is indeed who he claims to be..." Esp asked, not considering an uncloaked spaceship sitting in a Las Vegas backstreet the best idea in the world to do for an extended period. The supposed Silver was currently in another room of the ship, his form being placed in a recovery tank to speed up the bodies natural healing process.

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

IC: Saosin (Hexas' Sub, Pacific Trash Vortex)"Still, there are easier ways of doing this, ones that won't result in you and your beloved being locked away in a government facility until--"As he spoke, the door burst open and Tilian reflexively drew his gun for a minute before he saw two armored heroes force their way into the room; the one in the front obviously looked geared towards operation in deep temperatures and carried no firearms, while the latter had two SMGs drawn and ready to tear the room apart. Saosin recognized them instantly and lowered his gun."Take it easy!" he cried out to Lone as the cyborg finished making rounds around the room with his eyes. "This is a peaceful meeting."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: (Lone)Lone lowered his SMGs, but didn't put them away. Peace could go wrong at any time.

War...war never changes.

IC - Sluice @ Epsilon"I suppose we ought to head for the League HQ first. It's the best place I can think of to drop Darkness off; I'm sure someone there will know how to arrange for him to get put in one of the League penitentiaries."IC - Gadgeteer @ SubmarineGadgeteer observed the scene. It didn't look as if any fighting had gone on yet. Standing there was Lady Hexas, and the source of the Omega Radiation - Killer Mari, presumably. He wondered if the psychic was influencing Saosin and the others in any way. Unlikely, since Madness was there to mentally defend them. Still, Viktor didn't like it. At his core he was a soldier - he obtained targets and eliminated them. He'd never much been one for peace talks and negotiation. He saw them as delaying tactics; sympathy and understanding were weaknesses that more shrewd enemies could exploit."She is a criminal and our aim is to stop her. If you have abandoned that cause I would like to hear good reason for it..."

Edited by Kumata

IC: It was the work of a moment to bend the energy wall around so that it blocked the bottles - that wasn't what bothered Omega. He'd just taken a closer look at what was left sticking out of Prime's mouth. It was fluttering in a distinctly un-clothlike manner. It was also thin and looking sharper than he would've liked at the edges. Omega's expression turned to one of horror, then rage. He turned on Apep, no longer interested in banter, and further twisted the barrier until it curled in on itself, trapping Apep between it on three sides and the wall on the fourth. And then it began to shrink.|H-D|

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

[Omega Prime|Kyle Hanaka][Glass Tower Hotel, New York, New York]NononononoNot like this. Please not let it be like this.Paper down the throat. Paper. Not like this. Please.He coughed, violently, trying to eject the paper from his throat. Hraaaaar. His body seemed to take control, an inner force throwing itself from within himself and feeding the paper out. Adrenaline pumped through him as his powers, almost by themselves, forcibly slithered the paper from his mouth back out.Omega was already throwing himself at the paper-wrapped perpetrator, enclosing her in some sort of energy field. He wasn't sure if that would hold her. Didn't matter.Enraged, his fist clenched as the shards from the shattered glass bottles levitated around him. He was sick of this already. This was the second time he had died in the last thirty seconds. He wasn't going to go down now, barely thirty minutes since he even donned his makeshift costume. He had underestimated everything and forgotten what was truly important here. No time for this. The hit and miss tactics, the turn-table waiting rounds, the inane banter. Why couldn't she just shut up?Enough of this. He wasn't going to sit back as the awe-struck fanboy anymore. No more hot-headed charging into battle, no more misplaced sense of justice or heroism. Survival. He wasn't ready to die.Shards. Splinters. Anything. Everything. Paper. Tendrils. Crouching. Shrinking. Shields. Screaming.He was going to get out of this and he was going to get out of this alive. He would tear her to shreds and throw the pieces into the sun. He would rip off her face and shatter her remains into grains. He would do anything to keep alive.Whatever it takes.OOC: Sorry, Half-Dragon, I'm not exactly sure what the sharp object you were talking about was; hopefully that didn't detract from much. @Kumata: Quick note, this should still end in a curb-stomp-battle (at least, where its directly Prime vs Apep), seeing as how it doesn't make much sense for a new power to so easily take out a more trained/powerful individual in terms of direct combat.

OOC: The 'sharp object' Omega was talking about was paper - as against the soft flesh of the throat papercuts can be very bad - but then again, I'm assuming Omega Prime's saliva softened it just in time to prevent that nasty sort of injury.I just want to clarify two things - Omega Prime's hurling everything he can get his telekinetic hands on, right? And when Omega's energy barrier closes, will it be airtight?

Edited by Kumata

IC: "Acknowledged. As I told Fellwyd, anything you wish to run through him may be run through me until I can create a substitute translator for him. I will place Darkness in isolation, and Silver is now intergrated into a regeneration tank. He will be unconcious, but you may see him through here if you wish" Esp gestured to her equivelent of a doorway (which was a flat surface with no obvious knob) down the hall. Within that room an unconcious Silver was contained within a slanted tube, a gel-like substance completely filling the void around him and only a small breather-device preventing him from drowning in the substance. Darkness's remains, meanwhile, had been thrown behind a flicking energy barrier in another room, cutting him off from the rest of the ship if he actually recovered from those injuries.While starting to lift off from the Vegas street, speaking to her passengers and healing Silver's wounds (she had impressive multi-tasking skills), Esp in particular over the DNA sample taken from "Silver". The DNA contained matter similar to both alterted human and what resembled Crystaxian DNA... but that wasn't her greatest concern. The mutant DNA was far too similar to a form she had in her databanks, in particular entries from Crystaxian times... but the cause of this mutation couldn't possibly exist on Earth, it was unique to the destroyed Crystax itself! And if this was indeed the same mutation, then Silver's life and all those around him would be at risk...Perhaps for the first time, Esp hoped her diaognosis would be incorrect...

breakdown_signature.jpg

IC: Hexas frowned. With shark physiology she shouldn't have been able to do that, but then she shouldn't have her own suit of power armour either, so someone had clearly been doing some tinkering. While the first group of heroes could be held at bay knowing that a fight would probably destroy the dilapidated sub and unleash the crushing pressures of the Pacific Ocean on them, these two had enough cybernetic components to survive the depths and prevent drowning. They could be a problem, even if for now they didn't want to risk hurting the others. At a metal command, pistons in her exo-suit started tensing, gears locked with each other ready to turn, armour plates started sliding away from each other. She was readying for battle and wanted her weaponry readily available

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: (Lone)"Please, lets stay calm here." Lone put his SMGs in their spots on his armor, so she would see he wasn't going to shot her right then and there. We start fighting, and everyone else is dead in seconds, for sure.We need to keep this peaceful, somehow.

War...war never changes.

OOC: Omega's barriers are basically a whole field of energy. Completely airtight. Having twisted around to meet the other wall, I'd say it's already airtight. Considering which the shrinkage might cause some problems... How high does the air pressure have to be to cause negative effects on people?|H-D|

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: 100 atmospheres of pressure if you aren't breathing the air, but as the air gets compressed it gets to be a bit of a problem. Under pressure equivalent to that you would experience under about a meter of water, breathing without the assistance of something like a SCUBA tank becomes impossible. Normal air becomes hazardous at about 7 bars of pressure, and definitely lethal at 15.So, someone trapped in an airtight bubble that's compressing would be poisoned by nitrogen before death from the actual pressure would become a problem, and they'd probably just suffocate before the nitrogen becomes an issue.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Skyra - Coalition Mine Hideout -"And while we're at it, expect the unexpected too." I commented as we continued toward the surveillance room. "If they know we're here...and on the ninth floor...don't you think they might expect us to go toward the surveillance room?" I asked, I was feeling more and more like we were walking into a trap, though we really didn't have many options at this point.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Busy, so will IC my other characters later on.IC - Apep @ Glass Pillar hotelWith Omega's energy barrier completely cutting her off from the heroes and the 'manager' (whom Apep was beginning to suspect was another intervening super; managers didn't dress like that) Apep could feel a sort of heaviness around her, as the air pressure began to intensify. Most would panic in such a situation but it actually brought the villainness comfort. Because this was precisely what she needed. Without hesitating she willed the paper tendrils at her sides to grow, as others began to emerge from her mummified body. Her tendrils also still clutched several bottles of alcohol - she flung all but one of them forcefully into the floor, where they shattered, staining the carpet with strong-smelling liquids. The last she brought to the mouth slit in her facemask and poured it in."Seems that you have me trapped," she said after a gasp of satisfaction. The strips of paper continued extending as she spoke, though strangely they simply touched gently against the walls, spreading out but doing nothing. It almost looked like an eerie peacock's display. One brushed against a switch; it activated a light fixture at the head of the bed. "I'm enjoying myself so far; in fact I almost wish I didn't have a mission so I can devote my full attention to fighting you." By now she'd wrapped a length of paper tightly around the bedside bulb. It began smoking after a few seconds, and fairly soon it ignited. "But I do, so I'll leave you with some sage advice: your trap has holes in it, stupid."Apep plunged the burning tendril onto the alcohol-soaked floor. The flammable liquid, the dry paper covering the walls, the pressurised air - what resulted was a miniature explosion; a roaring flash that blasted through the ceiling and floor, filling the interior of Omega's energy barrier with whirling fire for several moments. When it died away all that remained was a flurry of ash, and a momentary glimpse of a smoking figure that dropped through the hole into the room below...

Edited by Kumata

IC: (Loadstone)Even as the last words came from Skyra's mouth, the tunnel began to rumble, a cloud of dust and dirt raining from the ceiling. Just on the outskirts of the pool of light surrounding the group, a large metallic wall began to slide down from the ceiling, threatening to seal off the hallway and prevent them from traveling further into the base."It's...not magnetic," Loadstone announced after attempting to stop the wall's descent. "Magneta?""Lead," she replied absently, brow furrowed in concentration. "There's a massive weight on the top of it," she added. Gears whined as she used her ferrokinetic powers to attempt to hold the barrier up. "I think they have a stone wall ready to slide down if I remove this one; I can't hold it much longer...""Everybody move!" Loadstone shouted, darting for the closing gap in the tunnel and motioning for the others to follow him as quickly as possible.OOC: At Kumata's request, I'm taking the lead with the Michigan Mine plot from here. The goal of this barrier is to separate the active characters from the inactive players; we'll meet back up at some point later on in the base. At this point, unless I'm forgetting anybody, Magneta, Mystic, Nil, and Siren are the ones whose status is in question.~ Rumpelstilstkin