To Save The World!

IC - Gadgeteer @ Submarine"For General Warner to build a private prison for his enemies and prevent them from going through any legal process, from coming into contact with other authorities suggests that Baron Carchas and any other prisoners know things about General Warner that the general would prefer kept secret," said Gadgeteer. He hesitated before speaking to the other heroes. "It seems that by locating Lockdown and exposing General Warner's corruption we may manage to achieve more than if we simply try to apprehend Lady Hexas now." He didn't say any more. Personally he was totally apathetic to the whole thing. In fact if he could kill Lady Hexas now, even if it meant that the rest of his team would die, and come out of this looking like a hero, then he would do it. He'd prefer if it were that simple. But to successfully maintain his masquerade he had to pretend to care about 'morals', and so he didn't say too much for fear of betraying how little he cared about the issue...

Edited by Kumata

IC: Just as he was about to duck and hope the sharkmen had the poor aim their shark heads implied, Ultionis found himself protected from the first blast by X-Calibur's timely intervention. With no time for a proper thanks, he nodded gratefully and holstered his guns, moving instead to extract something else from his belt: A pair of top-of-the-line fragmentation grenades. Lighter than the old M67s and with almost ten per cent more punching power in the shrapnel, perfect for getting through modern body armor and sharkman hide. He rolled out from behind X-Calibur and hurled both grenades, one after the other, calling out as he did. "Lodestone! Metal frags!" Hopefully he would get the message and protect them from any shrapnel that got close to them. It was a fair distance, but some of these heroes weren't armored and those metal shards could really fly. (H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: EpsilonUpon sighting the Sharkman's blaster, Epsilon's years of military training at the Project Epsilon headquarters kicked in.Several hostiles. Most or all likely equipped with laser weaponry. We've got a few people with long-range capability...Maybe it's time for a little Bruce Lee action.The hero was suddenly a blur. He sprinted towards the closest foe, but abruptly halted and sprung upward, performing a full flip over the hybrid creature. He landed with a gentile thud and unleashed a kung-fu kick at the Sharkman's back.Wait, frags? This is gonna hurt...

Edited by Zyke the Destroyer

67tlbk.png

[Omega Prime|Kyle Hanaka][Glass Tower Hotel, New York City, New York]Kyle picked himself off from the floor. He held his fist to his mouth and emitted a short hollow cough before fully standing up."Yeah," he replied. "I think I am, at least."He looked around the scorched room, the smell of burnt wood and plaster only outweighed by what he could only assume was the result of the explosion. "Where'd she go?"OOC: If I remember right, I'm allowed two characters, right?Real Name: Allison BlanchardAlias: PandoraAppearance: Late twenties/early thirties, well built, medium height. White overcoat, white hat. Thin, square glasses, black tint. Medium-long blonde hair in a ponytail.Power: No officially recognized metahuman abilities (extreme skill with accuracy, but no metagene/enhancements found). Martial arts and firearms training. Former freerunning in younger years Tactical genius. Eidetic memory. Glasses contain computer readout (HUD system).Allegiance: United States Special Crimes Unit (SCU), decidedly new branch of government. Originally the New York Special Crimes Division (NYSCD), but recently received government funding for a more wider reach.Area: Edwardsville, Wyoming (born), New York City (current base of operations)Bio: Alison is the head of the United States Special Crimes Unit, a former division of the NYPD that dealt specifically with metahuman activity. She was specifically trained in order to take down metahuman criminals in place of superhuman intervention. She's not entirely ungrateful at superhuman work, but tends to view most of them as sort of time bombs that could go off at any second. She thinks that the "regular" humans should be more prepared, and that the metagene would, for the safety of all, be best "put back into the box", hence the nickname "Pandora". Keeps a running database of metahumans she runs across via her team's own private intranet (graciously provided by Uncle Sam).I don't suppose I could create an NPC team for her, perhaps?

OOC: Kahi, Rumpelstiltskin actually created a similar organisation called the Superhuman Operations and Intelligence Branch, which has one or two of our NPCs as active members. You could use that instead, although I doubt you'd be able to have Pandora as its overall leader. In the end it's up to you (and Lord of Adders Black), I'm just making the suggestion for the sake of continuity.IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ Coalition Mine hideoutThere was a violent burst and an explosion. X-Calibur recoiled, holding an arm in front of his face. His supersuit was padded enough to absorb the impact of minor shrapnel. The same went for his helmet but since it contained a high-tech HUD he'd prefer to avoid damaging it unnecessarily.When it was over, and no shrapnel found its way to him, he looked up to see a shot from one of the blasters heading his way. He swiped his weapon to neutralise it and stood ready. He didn't make any offensive moves though. His weapon was close-range and he wasn't about to run forwards into Ultionis' line of fire, as unlike Epsilon he had no healing abilities...

Edited by Kumata

IC: EpsilonThere was a sickening crack as Epsilon was thrown against the wall by the force of the explosion. He was down for a second, but stood up soon enough and let his body push out the shrapnel riddling it. "Too many explosions," he complained, spitting out a piece of jagged, bloodied metal. He charged at the Sharkman that had fired at X-Calibur and drove a superhuman punch into its gut when he got close enough.OOC: I assume we can't auto-hit the Sharkmen, can we Kumata?

Edited by Zyke the Destroyer

67tlbk.png

OOC: Allison's approved, though if you do want her in the SOIB instead feel free to editIC: The gates swung open to allow Soundsmith to enter. As he walked through them he could hear the hum of machinery as he was scanned for weaponry. After the League Court in Britain had been destroyed an aliens had invaded, they'd upped the security a little

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: of course, all the security cameras would pick up was a harmonica in his pocket, a guitar on his back, and a few other musical instruments scattered on his person. Oh, and of course the armor and helmet. Nathan walked up to the front door, and not wanting to barge in he knocked.

Edited by Toa Kaithas

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: I was going to make Allison part of the SOIB, but after reading the article I realized that they were made to be a blend of both superhuman and human field agents. SCD is intended as a purely human precautionary division, I would guess possibly being a subdivision of Homeland Security. A lot of people view the division as being a metaphobic act by the government, however.I could rewrite Allison as being part of the SOIB, though that would change the original dynamic I had in mind for the character. Alternatively, I could have SCU be a possible branch of Interpol (or perhaps just an privately owned international based team in general, since I'm not quite sure about Interpol procedures and jurisdiction), and have her team work on a more international basis (which would distinguish it from the US stationed SOIB).Actually, that latter option could be worked in quite well. A privately sponsored team would free me up from sticking to police/federal agent procedures all of the time. I'll edit her bio with that, if that's okay.Again, is there a limit or something with how many NPCs I can sort of create here?

OOC: I assume we can't auto-hit the Sharkmen, can we Kumata?
OOC: Rumpelstiltskin brought them in so it's up to him. However - and this is just my guess - I'd say it's ok, given that Sharkmen are mass-produced grunts and not full-fledged characters.
Again, is there a limit or something with how many NPCs I can sort of create here?
There's no limit on the number of NPCs anyone can have (I have over 150, gotta catch 'em all) but the main thing is how you use them. You can't use them more actively than your PCs nor create NPCs with powers that break the powerset rules for PCs. We've had players in the past with NPC sidekicks/mentors who fought alongside them, but the NPCs were never the ones to win major battles, etc. The best way to think of it is that your PC is the main character and NPCs are the supporting cast.

OOC: Sorry guys, the server shut me out last night or I'd have answered some of these already:

OOC: I don't think we've ever established if League Jets can land safely on water, although I think they should - it's a sensible design feature given how much cross-continental journeying heroes do.
I once demonstrated that the shielding used to protect Heroes from unhealthy G-forces also keeps the jets watertight and able to withstand water pressure (at least to a certain degree). If they can safely make the transition from airplane to submarine, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to land on water.
OOC: I assume we can't auto-hit the Sharkmen, can we Kumata?
Actually, that was expressly the purpose that I created Sharkmen for. They're nothing more than expendable grunts; in no way do they count as characters or NPCs, just hunks of muscle you can pound the crud out of. It gets tedious restrictively fighting characters all the time, and Lupines just aren't designed to take the kind of beating our charries can dole out. :PFor the unfamiliar, Sharkmen are seven-foot-tall hybrids of a Great White Shark and a human, with thick, blueish-gray skin, dorsal fins, and shark-like heads. They have the physique of human bodybuilders, and their skin is thick enough to act like a sort of armor. They breathe through their skin, not with gills or lungs, which has proven to be one of the only major flaws in their design. Also, from here on out, they're going to be outfitted with adapted Technax Armada blasters; they're using prototypes now, but they'll become standard issue after this plot.@Kahi - I was actually going to suggest that the SCU be a division of the SOIB, which would make Pandora an Assistant Director, but I suppose an international team does have its perks.IC: (Loadstone)Loadstone flung his arms out as soon as Ultionis called to him, a field of magnetic energy cutting off the corridor and shielding the group from any shrapnel headed their way.The Sharkmen were still pushing toward the group, and the grenades easily soared into the cluster of hybrids. The Sharkmen in front had only enough time to turn around with a gurgling growl before the grenades exploded violently, metal shards tearing savagely at the Sharkmen. Shrapnel flew up and down the tunnel, ricocheting harmlessly off of Loadstone's shield but affecting most if not all of the Sharkmen present.For those who were tallying, at least a half-dozen Sharkmen were killed by the blast, while about as many that were still living sported numerous deep red gashes across their bodies. Pain only enraged them, it seemed, as the survivors threw themselves at the Heroes in a frenzy, blasters forgotten in a savage melee. Behind them, a small handful of Sharkmen who had survived the blast unscathed fired laser bolts at the Heroes.It was one of these Sharkmen that Epsilon punched; the blow was like punching a brick wall. The creature grunted and took a step back to steady itself, then responded by backhanding Epsilon toward the same wall he had just come from.~ Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: Wait, just to be sure, is the area in which you're using grenades a sort of enclosed tunnel?

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Pretty much, yeah; it's supposedly an abandoned mine, though the Coalition has rigged it with stuff like electric lights. If you're worried about the blast of the grenades being forced back toward the Heroes, Skyra could whip up a shield to protect them. If it's the structural integrity of the tunnel itself, either the Coalition reinforced it or the tunnel is now weakened and going to collapse if we don't knock it off.If it's none of the above, then feel free to ignore my hastily-made excuses. :P~ Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: If Skyra can whip up a barrier to keep the sudden changes in air pressure from turning the heroes into a bunch of gore smoothies, then the main thing remaining is the fact that everyone on the other side of the barrier is probably not-so-solid at this point. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on the structural integrity of the mine itself, though.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Omega glanced behind him at the gaping hole in the floor, then back at Prime. "We'll deal with that in a minute. You sure you're alright? That stuff looked nasty. Listen, if you start feeling like you might have internal bleeding or something, break off and find a hospital. I'll fight her alone if I have to." |H-D|NPC: Aside from Epsilon tossing himself at the blast zone like a madman, that was about as effective as could be hoped. As for Epsilon, well, hopefully the shrapnel and the smackdown he was getting would teach him not to rush in ahead of the team. For now, Ultionis pushed off with his leg, going from a kneeling position to a swift roll just in time to avoid a laser, then back on his knees a few feet away, guns in hand. His armor fared pretty well against thermal weapons, but a laser that size wasn't something he wanted to test it against.The sharkmen's numbers were down. No sense wasting any more grenades when he had bullets. He began taking shots at the ones armed with lasers, aiming for the hands, heads and weapons. If he could disable their armaments they were less of a threat. If he could kill them, a lot less of one.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ Coalition Mine hideoutThe League of Salvation had a firm rule that its members did not kill. Which kinds of living beings that rule applied to was uncertain. X-Calibur saw the sharkmen as existing outside of it. They'd been bred purely for battle; they had not come into being naturally and there was little to no chance of converting them into productive members of society. So, confident that this kind of killing fell within the League's accepted morality, X-Calibur swung his Energy Machete to meet a lone sharkman that was charging at him. Its weapon had been knocked aside in the blast, and it seemed to feel its massive muscles and teeth were enough to take on the red, white and blue hero. Well... perhaps, but it never found out. The special energy field that crackled around the blade of X-Calibur's weapon allowed it to cut through matter at a molecular level. It slid through the sharkman's tough hide as if it were butter, and kept going until it exited the other side. On the way it met a brain and severed it neatly. Gurgling and spasming, the sharkman fell as X-Calibur removed his weapon.He didn't have much time to view the corpse (not that he wanted to) for more blasts began streaking his way. Rolling to the side to avoid them, he broke into a sprint towards the closest, weapon held ready.IC - Apep @ Glass Pillar hotel"Gnnhh..." Apep's bony fingers gripped the edges of the lift doors. There was a mechanical whirr of protest as she prised them open.When the dark lift shaft became visible before her, she stepped forwards and dropped. Her paper tendrils gripped the walls and central lift cable, carrying her carefully downwards like a spider...

IC: Nathan was the repulsed from the door by some some sort of electromagnetic field. A warning sign was flashing on the gate entrance, and when he returned to look, drawn by the beeping sound it was making, saw it was shrieking about "Unauthorised Armour". Given the amount of heroes who used power armour in place of or in concert with superpowers, they weren't going to let just anyone walk in wearing some

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: The following IC has the Ymper stamp of approval, I swear it!IC: Fellwyd had titled his head to the left once Esp had translated Sluice's English into Welsh, but otherwise was unresponsive. Esp noted this began to extend into an awkward silence so decided to interrupt before it could get worse."It won't be long before we'll be at League Headquarters, but I think it's wise to inform you beforehand: I have determined the source and effects of Silver's mutation..... but...." her hologram glanced down at her feet as she paused, taking a long moment as if she didn't know how to put what she was going to say next. "I'm sorry, but I cannot bear any good news regarding it..."

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC: Nathan sighed and transformed his armor, and daggers back into their weapon shape (to make them fit through) and chucked them in. His guitar, harmonica, and about 3 other instruments followed. Ah, I'm walking into a potentially hostile environment with nothing but a Bon Jovi t-shirt, jeans, tennis shoes, and a blue plaid flannel shirt. Fun.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC - Sluice @ EpsilonSluice swallowed."L-let me have it," she said. "Even if it's bad news... it's better to know than being left in the dark. When we were going after Silver with only a hint that he might be alive... it was awful. I don't want to experience uncertainty like that again..."

IC: "Understood: <Fellwyd, this may take a while to explain but I will translate once Sluice has all the information>" Esp made sure Fellwyd knew he wasn't being ignored, as she was about to spout quite a lot of English which he wouldn't understand. She gestured and multiple holograms began to project into the room around her, DNA strands and crystalline constructs the most recognisable of them."Silver's mutation was caused by a specific crystal type that only existed upon Crystax itself: It's true name does not translate into English well, but the closest I could make it would be the God's Curse. I believe that the Core Crystal Technax used for the Mothership's superweapon was formerly a God's Curse that he heavily modified, and that's why it in particularly was so heavily shielded.... sheilds that were disabled when Silver destroyed it" she paused briefly to enlarge a hologram of the Core Crystal, something Sluice had witnessed before, albiet briefly. "Destroying a God's Curse causes it to unleash its radiation, which would've spread throughout the entire Mothership: even you were likely touched by it, however it only affects Crystaxian DNA specifically... and as Silver was in such close proximity, he would've taken the full force of the radiation. If it wasn't for his human DNA hybridising so well with his Crystaxian DNA that both were affected the exposure might have killed him instantly instead"."The God's Curse is something that had long since been forbiddion on the homeworld due to it's terrible consequences. It's effects causes the body to mutate horribly, usually into a non-humanoid form altogether, but massively boosts their powers in the process... you noticed Silver's abilities seemed far stronger when he was acting as Mastermind? I believe he may even have been holding back then, and if he used his full potenial... he would very likely achieve the power Ikusen Sakeme did when he possessed your body. There is a very good reason the warmongering Crytaxians of history willingly exposed themselves to this, in order to conquer other planets... they became ultimate warriors, taking down entire armies un-aided.... but all this comes at a cost..." she paused again, allowing some more of the information to sink in before she got to the most relevant part."The God's Curse was eventually outlawed because of it's crippling side effect: from the moment of exposure the mind of the afflicated will start to degrade. Degradation always occurs and can even be accelerated, but always results in the same thing: the mutated indivudal goes insane. The unstoppable warrior will no longer recognise his army, their mind falling apart.... eventually they will devolve into little more than an animal and treat every living as a threat. And when that happens, they will start killing everything on the planet until it is little more than a barren wasteland... and if they are not killed in the process, their mind will eventually completely collaspe in upon itself and they will simply cease functioning at all... Without a cure or even a way to stop the degredation Silver's mind will keep degrading... he's already spent a month alone and we've seen the effects that has had on his psyche. But it'll keep getting worse the longer he remains like this... and after a point, even if he cure him successfully his mind will be completely shattered and whatever psyche he has left will be permanent...""Simply put, if left untreated Silver will slowly go completely insane until it becomes fatal... and with the amount of power he now possesses, going insane may cause him to do catastrophic damage to the world in the process... I cannot say, but he may get to a point where he no longer relises you are important to him and tries to destroy you..." Esp slowly finished, able to take such data due to be an artifical mind: had she been human and discovered that her responsibility was put in such jepordy she may not have been able to handle it with such grace.OOC: I guess "bad news" seems like an understatement now, huh? :P

breakdown_signature.jpg

IC - Sluice @ Epsilon"Can it be undone?" Was all Sluice said. That was the one issue preventing her from absorbing just how terrible this information was. If it could be cured then the eventual effects were surely irrelevant, she rationalised...

IC: "At this time.... unknown. On Crystax a cure existed but the knowledge was kept higher than my clearance ever allowed, however creating a Crytaxian cure is not the difficult part. Silver is not 100% Crytaxian, he is part human, and his hybrid DNA is... for lack of a better word, fragile. It is amazing that the mutation did not kill him instantly, but at the cost of leaving his makeup delicate... the normal Crystaxian cure could cause his human DNA to fail, and a human-based cure could kill off his Crystaxian cells.." she empahsised her point by bringing up Silver's former DNA and showing the strands shattering apart. "Any cure Silver recieves will have to cure both his Crystaxian and human cells: any deviation could cripple or kill him outright. But even with the League that is likely to take time, and during that time Silver's mind will continue to degade: so I need to devote the majority of my resources to creating something that will prevent that degradation or at least slow it substantually...""..... this isn't what you want to hear, but.... my records show that no-one afflicted by this mutation has ever survived past a year... and some have only lasted weeks after first exposure. We'll only be able to stall so long until.... there won't be much left to save anymore..."

breakdown_signature.jpg

IC - Sluice @ EpsilonSluice was quiet for a while. She stared at the floor, thinking."...well, there are lots of scientists in the League... and a lot of Coalition scientists have been captured, and their data made public... the technology must exist, somewhere on Earth." She knew that Doctor Cole had advised her not to hide from or repress her negative emotions, but she had to treat this with some air of distance. Sluice wasn't certain she could handle facing the information head-on. And how would Silver take it, with his psyche so fragile? Maybe..."About Silver," she said to Esp's avatar, "do you... think we should tell him about the degradation..?"

Edited by Kumata

IC: "........ I cannot say, for both telling him and witholding the information poses risks. Telling him could cause him to slip into depression that he has suffered so much just to die.... but keeping it from him could upset him greatly were he ever to find out...." for once Esp seemed like she didn't have a proper answer and was still trying to draw a conclusion. "I do not believe it my place to make such a decision... since you know him signifigantly better than I, the choice should be up to you. You know how he might react either way..." "<Fellwyd, I apologise for the delay. To simplfy the matter for you: Silver's mutation has caused his powers to increase massively from their previous level, at the cost of his appearance. As well, his mental health will constantly degrade until he may eventually.... go insane, basically. We need to try and cure him so that doesn't happen as he is important to us>" Esp chose to explain to Fellwyd as well, albiet very simplified due to the fact she'd used a lot of stuff specific to Sluice previously, and using those would only confuse the alien even more.

breakdown_signature.jpg

IC - Sluice @ EpsilonEsp had hit the nail on the head: tell Silver now and he might become inconsolably depressed - which might even accelerate the mental decay - but withhold the information and when he found out later on - which, Sluice accepted, he definitely would - it could come as both a shock and a massive betrayal. Which might also accelerate the mental decay and, if he was far gone enough, turn him against them.In the end Sluice decided it was probably better to pick the lesser of two evils: tell him now, and do her best to help him deal with the news. Even though she wasn't certain that she could deal with it herself...

IC: "He should be regaining conciousness soon, if you wish to see him right away. His minor, phsyical wounds have been healed... but he may be less than pleased with the fact I sort of... surprise-tranquilzered him. Not that he would've gotten into the tube willingly..." Esp gestured to a doorway that slid open down the hall, which contained Silver's gel-filled containment tube (for lack of a better description). Within Silver was just starting to awaken, admittedly with poor timing as he was just relising he was actually "underwater"... and for someone with a drowning phobia, it was not the best place to wake up to. Immediatly the psychic began to panic, pressing his mishapen hands against the "glass" desperately and for the moment completely forgetting he had the ability to blast his way out... not that he'd forget long if he got desperate enough.

breakdown_signature.jpg

IC(Fellwyd): The alien was not altogether pleased with this new information - transporting someone who may decide to kill them all, especially when there was no guarantee that they would be able to subdue him if it came down to it did not sit particularly well with him."Would it be possible to keep him confined, so we may minimize the threat if the projected mental instability causes him to become violent?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC - Sluice @ EpsilonSluice had already begun to walk towards the tube where Silver was contained, so Fellwyd's question was left for Esp alone."Silver? Can you hear me?" She tried to exaggerate her mouth movements, so that he could at least lip-read her if he couldn't hear. When she noticed his panicked expression, she added: "Esp, he's awake. Let him out..."

IC: "<Only as a last resort. While we, that is, the League possesses the mean to disable his powers and keep him contained, doing so would likely cause his mind to degrade even more rapidly. For as long as I've known him he's been acting the hero, and was ultimately responsible for the defeat of an alien invasion that threatened to destroy the Earth... after going through all that just to be imprisoned, even for everyone else's protection, would be a huge blow to both his psyche and emotional well-being. But if he threatens to cause untold damage, we may not have another choice...>" Esp explained, well aware throwing Silver into a cell would only harm the psychic further while keeping everyone else safe, and it was not a choice. Noting Sluice's words from elsewhere she complied, the gel-like substance Silver was suspensed in starting to drain away. He didn't seem to calm down regardless, his view and hearing highly distorted from the inside the tube, at least until it all drained away and the tube began to open, the breath-mask retracting."T-Trying to kill me or what, sticking me in there?!?" Silver hissed at Esp, moving to step out of the tube and almost collasping immediatly when his body didn't react how he expected it too: he didn't have feeling in most of his body now that he thought about it."You may have a feeling of numbness briefly, that is perfectly normal"

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

IC: The alien looked over at the scene unfolding with the mutated psychic, waving towards him with his right hand, palm facing downwards."By the time such a threat became apparent, it is possible that it would be too late to prevent harm to civilians."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC - Sluice @ Epsilon"Easy. Here, let me help." Sluice tried to help Silver keep his footing, though the psychic's increase in size and mass made him quite heavy. By clutching Silver's hand and holding his arm over her shoulders, she was able to support the mutant's weight."Um, how are you feeling..?"

IC: "<That's a risk I'm willing to take: if Silver dies then I have not only failed my mandate to protect him but also doomed the Crystaxian species to complete extinction... allowing that is not a decision I will take lightly>" Esp was unapologetic about the risk to civils not being her highest concern, but in her view extinction of a species was not a just price to ensure the general safety of the global populace... especially on a planet where supervillians tried to take over the world on pratically a weekly basis."Ugh..... better, I guess? I'm not in a horrible amount of pain anymore.... d-did you shrink or did I get taller than I thought?" Silver was grateful for her assistance but at the same time didn't want to use her a crutch either, trying to use his tail to support himself instead. His question was based on the fact he and Sluice had formely been about the same height... Silver perhaps even a hair shorter, but now he was pratically looking down at her instead and it was a pretty odd change of perspective. The psychic glanced at her before quickly looking away, aware that it probably looked unintentionally creepy."P-Please don't lie... how bad is it? I wasn't exactly Pierce Brosnan before, but.... it's pretty bad, right?" OOC: Shockingly for a guy who wears an obscuring cloak, Silver actually does care about his appearance :P

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

IC - Sluice @ EpsilonLuckily for Sluice's sense of embarrassment she couldn't recall her time fighting 'Mastermind' as Abyss. Otherwise she'd be cringing severely at her having called Silver a 'three-toed abortion' among other such things."You should focus on the bright side... there's a chance that we can develop a cure," Sluice said, avoiding the question about his appearance. It wasn't a lie. Like telling someone they might win the lottery, the chance was there, it was just an overly-optimistic way of phrasing it...

IC(Fellwyd): The alien squinted at the visual representation of the AI, both hands now held in front of him and tilted downwards."There is not much hope for a species that consists only of a single specimen. By the Imperial Standard definition, the species you hold as your highest priority is already extinct."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom