To Save The World!

IC: Epsilon"What the--"Slap!Epsilon was thrown backwards and hit the wall yet again."Now that just wasn't cool."Let's see. At least ten enemies still standing, probably more. Huge, muscular physique, tough skin...Let's just hope my blades can do the trick.He flexed his wrists and two jagged, serrated bone knives emerged. He lunged towards the first sharkman, letting out a battle cry. He allowed himself a satisfied smile as hardened bone sunk deep into the hybrid mutation's flesh.

67tlbk.png

OOC:

The alien squinted at the visual representation of the AI
33.jpg

Fellwyd: "Not sure if sub-standard intellgience, or just stubbornly ignorant of extinction probability"

IC: Esp's grimaced, her hologram colouring flicking from green from to red in the process."<Don't think I'm not aware of the viability of saving this species! I have options, but none are as viable without Silver alive! You think any of these.... humans really care about Crystaxian culture? Without him all that's left is the remanents of a dead race, the last member of the royal family gone and my ultimate objective to safegaurd him an utter failure. Do not think I won't risk a few humans to ensure the Crytaxian species has any kind of future!>" she responded with an uncharacteristic show of aggression before staring back down at the ground, her colour shifting back to a familiar green."<I've already failed too many times as it is.... because of my failure both his parents are gone. I promised her I'd protect him no matter what. I can't fail her again...>"Elsewhere in the craft, Silver grimaced slightly as Sluice completely skirted around the quesiton he asked of her. It must be pretty bad then, as Abyss said... but Abyss isn't the Sluice I knew."Well... that's better news that I've had in a while then! Usually everyone had no idea how to even begin a treatment... but am I even going to last that long? I'm going to have to go through all this chemotheraphy and stuff...." Silver sighed, trying to support more of his own weight before noticing Sluice looking quite confused. "All that radiation DID give me like, every form of cancer on the planet, right? That's why I didn't come back... just to lay in some hospitial bed for... however long I last. Especially not looking like this" the psychic seemed to be under the impression that his mutation also carried with it a fatal amount of cancer, something Esp had not mentioned in the slightest.... it seemed unlikely that she couldn't detect such things, but rather that Silver had no way to know and just assumed one of the worst things that he could.

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC - Sluice @ Epsilon"It's... well, you, um, you don't have cancer..." said Sluice slowly. "Er, look, we're nearly at the League base. I think it might be best for us to talk in a... more relaxed environment... they have several comfort rooms at the mansion, I'm sure we can find an empty one."It wasn't just that she thought a friendlier environment than the cold metal interior of Esp might soften the blow. It was that if Silver reacted in the worst possible way to the news there'd be plenty of heroes around to subdue him...

Edited by Kumata

IC(Fellwyd): The alien was silent for a moment, surprised by the outburst - and by what he saw as some very troublesome priorities."You have your objectives, and I have mine. If he becomes a threat to civilians, I will do what is necessary to end that threat. Understood?"

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: "<I understand. Just be aware that Silver's power will be immense, and your personal attempts to subdue him with no clear powers of your own have low chances of success.... he already dislikes you for filling his role of sorts: do not rely on him to show mercy when out of his mind>" Esp was factually blunt that if Silver did get out of hand, Fellwyd's efforts to subdue him may result in a terrible beating or outright elimination. Such an event would also turn the entirety of the League against Silver, so it would probably already be at a near-worst case scenario regardless. "<We're approaching the League HQ now>""Ah....." Silver didn't seem entirely sure of what Sluice was suggesting. He understood the words fine, but seemed to only interpret them as:"Why don't the two of us find a nice, private place where I can give you a massage and we can have an intimate discussion?"Fortunatly he was also still sane enough to know that was totally wrong, but he still couldn't fathom what a "comfort room" was. And it sure wasn't going to actually be a overly fluffy room where Sarah would coddle over him while wearing a white dress complete with angelic wings and a halo hovering over her head... Silver quickly snapped back to reality when he relised he'd been quiet for a bit too long, and his tail had started swishing around behind him in a manner that looked suspiciously like wagging."Uh, sure, yes! We can talk... I guess it's not good news, but hey! Not cancer! That's good, I'm not going to be in hospital... I've already taken so much from you and Photon too, I can't possible add some massive medical bills by... well.... dying.""We're about to arrive the League HQ. Are you... ok?""I'm just.... great, just super. I can probably.... handle myself now" Silver tried to support the entirety of his weight now, starting to succeed now that his tail wasn't so numb anymore and it stuck out behind him: acting as a kind of counterbalance to his now awkward bodily dimensions. While he appreciated Sluice's help immensly, he didn't want to seem like he couldn't even handle walking alone. He already had so much more to prove to begin with...OOC: Hey, I have a question: Was Silver just deemed missing, or killed on the Mothership? If the latter, does that mean he got a spot in the Hall of Fallen Heroes? It's not often you can visit somewhere that honours your own passing....... just try and ignore the fact Silver visited his own grave far earlier in the RPG :P Kumata, if you're confused why Silver took "comfort room" like that in his head, it's due to the fact as soon as I read it I thought about some kind of spa/"gentlemans club" where female attendants coddle patrons so....... fantasing helps keep Silver sane, don't judge! xD

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

OOC: If Skyra can whip up a barrier to keep the sudden changes in air pressure from turning the heroes into a bunch of gore smoothies, then the main thing remaining is the fact that everyone on the other side of the barrier is probably not-so-solid at this point. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on the structural integrity of the mine itself, though.
OOC: *taps chin thoughtfully* Sharkmen are designed to withstand the pressures of being underwater? 33 ft. of water is double the entire atmosphere's pressure. That's why they survived? :lookaround:
OOC: Hey, I have a question: Was Silver just deemed missing, or killed on the Mothership? If the latter, does that mean he got a spot in the Hall of Fallen Heroes? It's not often you can visit somewhere that honours your own passing...
I'm pretty sure we were all but certain he was dead, yeah. I always thought he had a spot in the Hall, but not having anything of his I'm not sure what they would have put there to remember him...Actually, funny that you should mention that. I've been recently working on a general layout/map of the mansion/base (something you'd think we'd have after five years), and came up with an idea for the location of the Hall. Since everyone's constantly running around the mansion and the base, yet no one has ever even mentioned the Hall in passing, I was wondering if it couldn't be it's own stand-alone structure out in the gardens behind the mansion. It would be a more tranquil, meditative place then in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Headquarters.IC: (Loadstone)Amidst the chaos of the fight, Loadstone stepped as close to the front of the group of Heroes as possible, and raised a gloved hand. Careful not to hit X-Calibur, who was hacking apart another unfortunate hybrid, and attempting to spare Epsilon from the worst of the attack, the electromagnetic SuperHero let loose a dozen streams of electricity that danced and crackled along the tunnel like lightning. The blast was pure devastation: Sharkmen shuddered and collapsed, light panels exploded from the ceiling in a cloud of sparks, and laser blasters charred and smoked when the lightning touched them.When Loadstone stopped, the group was left in both darkness and silence. Whether any Sharkmen had survived was yet to be seen, but Loadstone had ended most of the threat...~ Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: The pressure wave from the explosion of a grenade is rather more than two atmospheres, and another problem is the rapid change in pressure - a human can survive going 33 feet underwater just fine, but if you give them, say, 1 atmosphere of pressure to begin with, then hit them with a wave of compressed air, then drop it back to 1 atm, things get weird. Put a grenade into an enclosed space and every person in that space ends up looking like this.Chunky-Salsa.jpgMinus the jars.And these are fragmentation grenades, which means, in addition to the blast force (which, admittedly, wouldn't necessarily be enough to kill you if you weren't in a tunnel), you've got shrapnel flying around. Two fragmentation grenades, so plenty of shrapnel, and some degree of constructive interference between the blasts. Yeah, the sharks are dead.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: You know, I think I can hardly be faulted for not knowing the exact outcome of the use of certain military weapons in very specific scenarios, especially considering the fact that my genre of expertise is fantasy, where a crossbow is about as complicated as it gets. That being said, I do try to keep things as accurate to life as possible, and I appreciate that humans would not survive the blast. Once you throw in armor-skinned creatures that have many components of shark anatomy, however, things become a bit tricky to envision accurately. Shark-men, not Man-sharks, implies that their interior physiology is based much more on the shark side of things, in which case they could withstand depths of far more than 33 ft. and higher atmospheric pressures. Thick skin helps hold things together, as well; at worst, I can see them having a serious case of decompression sickness, which they thankfully did not survive long enough to suffer.Keeping in mind that we are dealing with creatures and scenarios not found commonly in the real world, I am more than happy to invoke the fiction portion of science fiction. The man who thought it wise to use explosive weapons in an enclosed space has made no arguments against my defense, save saying that he had expected no less. Considering that your scientific assertions place the attack squarely in the realm of one-hit godmodding, I think we should just drop the subject and move on. One way or another, the Sharkmen are now dead, and whether you consider the last few posts and just how they were killed relevant or not is entirely up to you. :)Now, I did have an NPC post I've been meaning to write, and I may attempt to edit it in. Given my recent track record, however, I don't consider it likely.~ Rumpelstiltskin

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

IC: The mansion's hall was bustling with activity. Heroes or just ordinary staff were marching purposefully from one spot to another, passing through doors, walking up stairs, slipping into hidden passages (every base worth its salt was required to have at least three secret passages). "Ah, you must be Soundsmith. I saw you coming," said one hero in a silvery suit; the precog known as Allsight

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: (NPC - Spectral)Moving as quietly as his alias implied, Spectral ducked into the mouth of the alleyway and checked to see if he was being followed. A foolish thought, considering he was invisible, but you could never be too careful. Anyone slinking along an alley in the middle of the night was bound to be up to trouble, whether they held a valid League ID or not.It had taken nearly half the day to get results back from the fingerprints found in Gabriel Lapointe's apartment, but those results had led Spectral to a Hungarian mercenary who just happened to be in the vicinity of Paris, according to some of Spectral's contacts. He supposed he owed Aquarius for teaching him how to ferret out information from the criminal underground; it seemed that there were always some criminals who were more than willing to tell everything they knew to a Hero, so long as that Hero turned a blind eye to their own meager crimes. And through the proper channels, it hadn't been too hard to arrange a meeting with that mercenary, either.Spectral turned the corner and stopped dead in his tracks; well, perhaps dead better described the man lying in a pool of blood in the middle of the alleyway. Shimmering into visibility almost subconsciously, Spectral rushed over to the body, dropping down onto his knees to check for a pulse. No such luck; the man's pallid skin was still and cold to the touch. Frowning as he pulled his glove back on, Spectral studied the corpse. He didn't need his medical degree to determine that the enormous gash in the man's chest had been the cause of death; he had probably died of a severed artery before a punctured lung could have done him in. And there was only one weapon he knew of that could make a wound like that..."Le Gardien," he growled as he stood up."Consorting with criminals?" a mechanized voice said from farther down the alley. An armored figure stepped into view, the clinking of his armor far quieter than Spectral would have believed possible. The murder weapon, an enormous greatsword that couldn't be lifted without SuperHuman strength, was sheathed across Le Gardien's back."Your face is familiar," the vigilante continued in his native French. "You work for the League?""Oui," Spectral replied sourly, stepping around the pool of blood to confront the armored figure. "And if you know that, you should have a good idea of just how upset I am that you killed this man."Le Gardien folded his arms and tilted his head in a manner that gave Spectral the impression that he was raising his eyebrow. "This man was a mercenary, wanted in six different countries for more crimes than I'd care to count. I merely put him out of business...permanently.""What you did was murder my only lead in a kidnapping investigation!" Spectral snapped back, turning around to glare at the dead body like it had been his fault. "How the h*** am I supposed to find Gabriel Lapointe now?"The clank of metal on pavement was the only indication Spectral had that Le Gardien had moved, but it was enough for him to instinctively turn intangible. He spun through the Solo Hero's arm and whipped out his telescopic staff, flicking it out to its full length and assuming a defensive position behind Le Gardien. To his credit, Le Gardien merely turned around nonchalantly, acting like he had never intended to slam Spectral into the wall by his collar."What did you say about Gabriel Lapointe?" Le Gardien asked quietly."He's been kidnapped," Spectral answered, lowering his staff and cocking his head to one side. "You know him?"Now it was Le Gardien's turn to glare at the dead man behind him. After a very long pause, he responded. "Yes. He's an old friend; a retired Hero I was quite fond of. A man with many enemies."That explained a lot. "Perhaps you can help me find him.""You and your League's code of honor will only get in my way," Le Gardien replied absently. "I'll handle this from here."Spectral had to keep himself from smacking the man in the back of his helmet. "And exactly what authority do you have to order me around?"Once again, Le Gardien surprised him with the speed and grace only years of practice could produce, especially bogged down in a suit of armor. In one smooth motion he had drawn that impossibly large sword, spun on on heel, and pointed the weapon at Spectral's head. Only by remaining intangible had Spectral managed not to flinch."Listen to me, pretty boy," Le Gardien hissed. "You'll stay out of my way, or you will regret it. Do you understand me?"Spectral was flabbergasted. Pretty boy? He'd always heard it said that he was the most attractive member of the New York Four, but he'd never believed it. He'd seen women literally swoon over Loadstone and Aquarius, and Mechanic's bad-boy looks combined with his sincere nature put him in the same league of cute as a litter of puppies. But pretty boy? Now that was just uncalled for.Flashing Le Gardien a smirk that held about as much mirth as a dog's snarl, Spectral threw back his own insults. "I know you think you're God's gift to France, old man, but I've got news for you." The way the Frenchman's back stiffened at being called an old man was very satisfying. "Your version of justice is nearly two hundred years out of date. Personally, I would think that threatening a member of the world's largest organization of SuperHeroes would be one of the quickest ways for you to get your metallic keister tossed in a jail cell for however much longer you plan on living, but clearly with all your brawn you don't have brains enough to think in those terms."And trust me, if we can keep someone like Alakazam from escaping for nearly ten years, we can certainly find a place to stick you."Le Gardien's chest heaved with a particularly aggressive sigh, but he sheathed his sword nonetheless. "Perhaps a...truce...is in order," he said reluctantly, each word sounding like it had been pulled from him. "If we keep each other informed, we can cover twice as much ground as we could on our own."Spectral relaxed his stance somewhat. "I'd settle for you not murdering any suspects I manage to get my hands on, but I'll keep you in the loop if you tell me if you find anything.""Done," Le Gardien said, turning and stalking off down the alley without so much as a look back. The man was not a people person, that was for sure, but Spectral had just gotten more cooperation from the legendary Frenchman than anyone in the League had managed to since the organization's founding. He couldn't help but wonder, just who was this Gabriel Lapointe?~ Rumpelstiltskin

Kumata, if you're confused why Silver took "comfort room" like that in his head, it's due to the fact as soon as I read it I thought about some kind of spa/"gentlemans club" where female attendants coddle patrons so...
OOC: What I meant by it was basically a break room - a comfy room for heroes to relax after/between missions - but it's weird saying that a mansion has break rooms. There's probably a better word for it but it escapes me at present.IC - Sluice @ EpsilonAs Espilon juddered into landing her gangplank slid open, pressing onto neatly-trimmed grass. It seemed that the Crystaxian spacecraft had chosen to land on the lawn outside Mentor's mansion - logically it was the closest available parking spot to the base, she either wasn't aware of or hadn't considered the bad etiquette of landing upon such a well-kept garden. Sluice, with the hood of her supersuit back in place, led Silver and Fellwyd out of the craft and towards the mansion."This is it: the League HQ," she said to Fellwyd. And then when the alien cocked its head at her with a now-familiar look of confusion, Sluice realised the absence of a translator and darted back up the gangplank. "Um, I don't suppose you've finished building Fellwyd a new translator yet... could we give him an earpiece, and you listen to and then translate whatever I say into his ear..?" She spoke hesitantly, feeling that she was asking too much - but, she reminded herself, Esp had a highly advanced computer for a brain; dividing her attention like that shouldn't be much of a problem.IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ Coalition Mine hideoutThe darkness only lasted for a few moments; there was a faint click as up ahead as the closest undamaged ceiling light activated. X-Calibur had jogged ahead to trigger it. Its light thinly illuminated the group of Sharkmen, which appeared now as more of a bloody grey mass, smoking in places and dribbling fluids in others. The stench they gave off was disgusting, too, and so thick in the air you could practically choke on it."Let's move," X-Calibur called to the others... Edited by Kumata

OOC:

OOC: What I meant by it was basically a break room - a comfy room for heroes to relax after/between missions - but it's weird saying that a mansion has break rooms. There's probably a better word for it but it escapes me at present.
I assumed that'd be what you were generally going for... but any excuse for Silver to exercise his imagination works for me :3
I'm pretty sure we were all but certain he was dead, yeah. I always thought he had a spot in the Hall, but not having anything of his I'm not sure what they would have put there to remember him...Actually, funny that you should mention that. I've been recently working on a general layout/map of the mansion/base (something you'd think we'd have after five years), and came up with an idea for the location of the Hall. Since everyone's constantly running around the mansion and the base, yet no one has ever even mentioned the Hall in passing, I was wondering if it couldn't be it's own stand-alone structure out in the gardens behind the mansion. It would be a more tranquil, meditative place then in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Headquarters.
Silver's glasses (smashed and pretty broken), as well as a torn off section of his cloak were actually left behind after Technax stabbed and abducted him, so if those were recovered they could always have been placed in the Hall.Sounds like a good idea, though it'd nessecitate editing the Wiki which claims it's within the mansion itself. That's just my opinion however, Silver might actually be the first actual PC to even temporarily have a spot there: we're just so good at keeping heroes alive that it hardly even sees use!IC: "Ah, yes the translator. His replacement is only partially complete, I suppose we could the earpeice method in the meantime... I just presumed he'd prefer a new translator similar in design to his old one..." Esp provided Sluice with an earpeice to give to Fellwyd, assuming Fellwyd did indeed having some kind of ear-analogues on his body. She would then attempt to translate everything said in English to Welsh as real-time as she could manage, which would be nearly instanteous except in the instance where multiple people were speaking at once.Silver meanwhile was glancing at his surrondings, bewildered: he had been here before, right? Then why didn't anything look the same. Taking a few steps along the grass, he soon figured out why: there hadn't been much in the way of grass last time as it had been covered in snow! The psychic had fond memories of his first trip here... mostly since it had been his first time seeing real snow to begin with and he'd spent a lot of that time throwing at Sluice.... if only were still snowy now he have a lot more fun. Instead he just pulled his cloak a little tighter around himself, unsure of whether to keep his hood on or not... either way his visage was still unpleasant.

breakdown_signature.jpg

IC - Gadgeteer @ Submarine"For General Warner to build a private prison for his enemies and prevent them from going through any legal process, from coming into contact with other authorities suggests that Baron Carchas and any other prisoners know things about General Warner that the general would prefer kept secret," said Gadgeteer. He hesitated before speaking to the other heroes. "It seems that by locating Lockdown and exposing General Warner's corruption we may manage to achieve more than if we simply try to apprehend Lady Hexas now." He didn't say any more. Personally he was totally apathetic to the whole thing. In fact if he could kill Lady Hexas now, even if it meant that the rest of his team would die, and come out of this looking like a hero, then he would do it. He'd prefer if it were that simple. But to successfully maintain his masquerade he had to pretend to care about 'morals', and so he didn't say too much for fear of betraying how little he cared about the issue...
IC: Saosin (Hexas' Sub, Pacific Trash Vortex)And now he gets it."We'll still need a way to get to the files," Tilian pointed out. "We only need them for upwards of a minute or two; from there, the plans will be in my head and I can rehash them out on paper."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC - Gadgeteer @ Submarine"When we searched for them before we were acting under the impression that digital copies existed; that they could be extracted from a computer database," said Gadgeteer. "But now we have a better idea of where to look. I would presume that, since these files detail an illegally-built facility they do not reside within any official storage. The most logical place to look for them is somewhere only General Warner has control over; a place that he owns, perhaps even his place of residence if he is a paranoid man."IC - Sluice @ League HQSluice exited Epsilon and handed the small earpiece to Fellwyd. Having been designed to fit snugly inside a human ear it wouldn't work quite as well for the alien - he'd just have to hold it beside his own acoustic receptacles. She pressed the device into his scaly hand and raised it towards his ear."We'll use this as a temporary translator until Esp has finished making your new one," she said. Esp's voice buzzed out of the earpiece a moment later. "So anyway, this is the headquarters of the League of Salvation. You'll see a lot of other heroes here. Stay close to me and Silver."She began walking across the lawn towards a gravel path; Silver and Fellwyd moving to keep up with her. The gravel path stretched from a pair of ornate gates towards a large door. Sluice clutched the handle, tried to open the door and was surprised to feel that it was locked. She felt a strange tingle and heard an electronic buzz - hidden scanners were surveying the three that stood in the mansion's doorway. Then a mechanical voice echoed from an intercom built into the gates behind them:"Unauthorised superbeing detected." It was accompanied by a flashing red error message. Sluice looked back at the gates, confused, then realised that it was referring to Silver."Uh..." She walked over to the intercom "That's - it's Silver. He's changed a little bit but he's still with the League. I'm Sluice; I can vouch for him." She pulled her League ID card out of her hidden back pocket and raised it toward the screen. There was a pause, then with another buzz the error message vanished."I don't remember security being this tight," she murmured as she rejoined Silver and Fellwyd. She grabbed the door handle and was able to pull it open now. In they went, into the bustling entrance hall. You wouldn't think it had been devastated by a Coalition attack not one day earlier; the place looked as good as new. They passed a young armoured hero and the silver-suited Allsight; Sluice saw Cure-All heatedly discussing some blueprints with an unknown League member, and was that Stella who had just vanished round a corner? Sluice pressed on, avoiding eye contact - nice as it was to see familiar faces, she needed to be alone to discuss the news with Silver before asking the League to help him with his little problem.Leaving the entrance hall they turned into a corridor, this one less busy; Sluice looked through the open doorways at the rooms available. Some heroes appeared to be in a meeting, talking about an upcoming mission; others were relaxing on couches, lazily watching ISNN; soon she found an unoccupied room. She led Silver and Fellwyd inside and closed the door.There were a few comfy chairs, a TV and a hot drinks dispenser. It looked a little out-of-place, even tacky, inside a mansion of such extravagance. Sluice could feel herself trembling a little bit in anticipation of the conversation that was to come. She needed tea."Drink?" She asked Silver as she approached the dispenser. "Um, Fellwyd... why don't you get one for yourself; you can decide what you like the taste of. Just press these buttons and the picture next to them is the drink you'll get." And it might give him something to do rather than awkwardly hang around while Silver and I talk, she thought...

Edited by Kumata

OOC:

Sluice could feel herself trembling a little bit in anticipation of the conversation that was to come. She needed tea.
I found this far more hilarious than I think I should have... maybe because I read in a tone of utter desperation, that she'd simply die without having tea. :PIC: Trailing behind Sluice while she took the lead was something Silver had plenty of experiance in.... it had pretty been all he'd known since he met her (as shameful as that was). The psychic did however find himself getting slightly agitated this "Fellwyd" alien fellow had basically taken up the same position as well... he was a handful already, she didn't need any extra stress from this guy, he rationalised. He found their adventuring duo much more pleasant (and more likely to result in affections flying around) as a duo, not a trio. And he sure didn't need any additional competition now that he looked like this."Unauthorised superbeing detected"Pfft, he doesn't even show up as part of the League, weirdo..."That's - it's Silver. He's changed a little bit but he's still with the League. I'm Sluice; I can vouch for him."Oooh.... Silver's self-confidence took a nosedive when it became apparent the security system had rejected him instead of the new guy. True, he was pretty sure he'd lost his actual League ID sometime during the Invasion debacle, but he took as a sign Fellwyd was better than him... something he really didn't approve of. Now trailing a little behind when they got moving again, the psychic took in the League HQ for a second time... though it felt like this was all new again. All these apparently important League members bustling around, some he vaguely recognised as meeting before, while others were totally new. Though his outfit had pretty much stayed the same, he'd have been flabberghasted if any of them actually knew who he was... it's not like he was important.... well, he did save the whole planet, but that's just what heroes are meant to do, right?I wonder how many people even know I took down the Mothership... I don't remember ever being mentioned of the news, was I just lumped in with everyone else? Except they all got away unharmed, and I didn't... it was understandable that given his current condition a little recognition for his efforts wouldn't go amiss. A statue would've been nice, sure, or maybe a medal? Heck he'd settle for a metaphorical key to the Earth that had little market value... Soon Sluice was dissappearing inside another doorway: this was it!Wait, no it wasn't. Ok, he admitted he'd set his hopes far, faaaar too high (angel-outfit massage, better keep dreaming), and Fellwyd was in the room too so... yeah what he'd hoped for would've been incredibly awkward anyway. But well, this was still good! He hadn't watched any real TV since he'd last been in Photon's flat, which felt like years ago, so that was a plus. It could've been a lot worse, just a metal table with that one dangly light that flickers over it, and some shifty-looking government agent sitting at the far end..."Drink?""Huh? Oh, uh.... t-tea would be nice..." he almost totally missed her question, losing himself in his own thoughts again, but he quickly relised he'd probably made an error there. Why'd I say tea, I should've said I don't need anything! he cursed himself, staring down at his triple-digited hand: it was not a hand that could hold a delicate disposable cup easily. It couldn't grip a lot of things he'd taken for granted now.... cutlerly for one. While Sluice busiest herself with the dispenser, Silver took the oppotunity to study her new supersuit (well, the back half anyway): it was quite different to her old one, seemingly more colourful while the helmet was.... well it was no "wavy mask" that she used to wear. He had really gotten attached to that mask actually...But no matter how much your outfit changes, you always manage to look the same as ever... he mused, noting how this suit also accented her figure quite nicely... maybe a little too nicely, for he quickly relised he was starting to spend too long staring inappropiately, paniced, and rapidly looked in another direction. Well, he had missed the only woman in his life for an entire month...

breakdown_signature.jpg

IC(Fellwyd): As it happened, the alien's ears were much more like those of a bird than human ears, which meant that the only externally-visible structures were small holes in the sides of his head. Cupping the earpiece in his right hand, he held it close to his head, moving his hand back and forth to try and optimize hearing. After a few moments of awkward fidgeting, he apparently got it into a position he was comfortable with, and followed along with his head tilted slightly to the right, translator just over an inch away.As the three walked towards the door, Fellwyd's mind was on the conversation he'd had with the ship's computer. He quite plainly remembered how 'Mastermind' had fought in the arena, and he knew without any doubt that, alone and unarmored, he would certainly die fighting such an opponent. The computer's allegiance was to a dead race, so he could expect no help there, and he was not at all certain that Sluice would be willing or able to do what was necessary if the mutant became a threat to the civilian population.When they reached the entrance, there was an electronic voice accompanied by a flashing red light. Something about an unauthorised superbeing. Fellwyd admired the efficiency of the alert, though, looking at the building itself, the thing that stood out to him the most was how little armor was on it. They hadn't even taken into account the possibility of hostile aircraft or airborne superbeings, judging by the absence of anti-aircraft batteries on the roof. Humans were strange.When the door opened, the strangeness of the base increased. At first glance, it looked more like a civilian residence than the headquarters for a paramilitary force. Perhaps, he thought, there was another level to the base, something that allowed it to adequately fulfill its function.When they got to what was apparently a break-room, the alien found himself waiting off to the side while the other two prepared drinks from a machine. He knew from limited prior experience with human food-procuring devices that he would probably need some time to work this one, so it was probably best to let the others get theirs first.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC - Sluice @ League HQSluice handed Silver a plastic cup full of orangey liquid, leaving Fellwyd to work out the drinks dispenser. She sat down in a chair that was mostly opposite Silver and took a sip. Well. Whatever this was it wasn't tea."Right," she said. She hesitated, put her cup down on a coffee table. "Well. It's - it's not... sorry, but what I have to say, it's not good news. It's a bit hard for me to say, s-so sorry about that. Um, your um, your... condition." She gave a vague gesture toward Silver's mutated body, as if he was at all uncertain as to what she meant. "Whilst you were u-unconscious, Esp performed some scans. She found, um, the r-radiation that you absorbed from the, er, the Extinction Cannon's crystal... it... what's happened to you now... is not going to... it's going to carry on. Y-your body is going to, um, slowly continue to m-mutate, and your mind..." She sighed. "Your mind's going to, um, devolve too, and because of you-your hybrid DNA the condition's very hard to treat, but although, we may be able to... well Esp is going to do all that she can to work out a way to cure you, and I've brought you here to the League so that they - I mean, I'm sure they can help you, the important thing is not to take this news as a definite, it's more - more a risk you're going to face, b-but it's important not to give up hope, I-I-I really think..."She stopped herself; she was rambling and stuttering, and she wanted to give Silver a chance to speak. Though she was worried about what exactly he'd say...

Edited by Kumata

IC: Silver had telekinetically supported his drink (tea was brown the last time he had, right? Was this some kind of fancy new brand?) to stop his misshappen hands from dropping it, taking a seat when Sluice did albiet somewhat akwardly as the seat wasn't designed with his big tail in mind... it certainly didn't help Sluice any to see him struggling in even basic things such as sitting and holding. Then she started to explain it all, and he listened, just holding his whatever-it-was drink. As she went on he seemingly got more downcast (his tail sinking lower) and got even more quiet than usual, soon totally silent and not even his breathing audible. Then Sluice seemed unable to continue and he glanced up a little, sending his drink telekinetically floating over to land on the coffee table quietly."So.... what you're saying is it's only going to get worse...." It was barely above a whisper, simply because Silver couldn't muster much more as he stared at his misshappen hand and the orb-tipped fingers he now possessed. He had held onto the hope that, somehow, an easy-fix would exist or that the worst was already over... that all he'd suffered for a month was the hard part over already. But it was going to get worse. Maybe a lot worse. He'd suffered so much already just to suffer even more now. The psychic couldn't reacted any number of ways to learning what he just had: he could've burst into tears, refused to believe what he was being told... he couldn't been thrown into a rage and tried to blow up the whole League HQ. But he didn't do any of those things, he was just sitting there, unnervingly quiet...."W-What's the longest I'll last?"OOC: Just clarifying, Silver's body won't actually degrade any further as his "morph" from human to mutant has already happened long ago: only his mind will degrade (which will eventually cause him to pretty much go braindead, and the body stops living then).Unless you're aware of that and just had Sluice put it another way XD

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

IC(Fellwyd): The alien set the translator down, and grabbed a cup. He was reasonably certain that he didn't want to be a part of this conversation. He was also reasonably certain that he would like a nice cup of tea.Moving over to the dispenser, he saw three buttons, each with a picture, and none with a picture that was anything recognizable to him. Deciding to just take his chances, he pressed the first button, and was rewarded with what appeared to be very hot water. He sniffed it carefully, and then took a sip. Definitely water. Definitely hotter than was in any way proper. He discreetly poured it into a potted plant, and pressed the second button.Water again. He squinted at the picture, trying to find some hidden clue as to why two of his options so far had been precisely identical. The images weren't identical, what was this machine playing at? Dumping the water into the plant, he gave the machine a bit of a thump and tried again. Still water - though he didn't know it, those two options were both completely out of the non-water components of their beverages. Emptying more water into the now-sodden (and slightly boiled) plant, he decided to try his luck with the third button.It wasn't water, that much could be said. It was a sort of murky orange color, and smelled rather strongly of something halfway between a boiled potato and a dog. Deciding that this would have to do, the alien stood beside the dispenser, and took a cautious sip.It was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: I'm going to just assume Prime declared himself fit for duty.IC: Omega dived down through the hole, hovering above the scorched ground where Apep had landed. A quick scan revealed sooty footprints leading out. Perfect. Gesturing to Prime to follow (as if it wasn't obvious) he flew off after the footprints. After a while he almost didn't need them - he could feel Apep giving off an Omega radiation signature, like any super did when they actively used their powers. Probably she was replacing those 'bandages' of hers (why papyrus? Mummies were wrapped in linen. He should know, he'd met the guy who invented the process). Finally he came to an open elevator door - with no elevator. It did, however, seem to have papyrus strips wrapped around the central cable - taut, like they were holding something. And in other news, two plus two is four, he thought, peering down the shaft. And sure enough, there she was. He considered blasting her with a concussive bolt, but at this range he probably couldn't hit her. And if he did, she'd almost certainly fall to her death. Le sigh. On the bright side, that left the direct approach: Fly down there and tackle her. He was all but bulletproof, what did he have to fear from a few papyrus strips?Ignoring the fact that he'd just jinxed this entire battle, Omega dropped like a rock down the elevator shaft, arms wide open, aiming to grab her halfway down and hold her in a wrestling grip he saw on TV once. |H-D|NPC: Blood everywhere. Cooked flesh. Overwhelming stench. If it weren't for the fish smell, Ultionis reflected, this could be the bad old days. Disturbingly, it made him feel almost at home - this was now a battlefield. A military operation. It was his territory. The superheroes notwithstanding. He put his fingers on the triggerguards and crept forward, scanning the area with a few different vision modes on his mask. If there were any more hostiles ahead, he would see them. And he was sure there was a perfectly good, strategic reason why Lodestone hadn't just done that in the first place.(H-D)

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: Whoops, I misremembered the 'no physical mutation' part. Well, in her worried state I guess Sluice got it wrong too.IC - Sluice @ Epsilon"What - what I'm saying is that it'll get worse until we can develop a cure," Sluice emphasised the second half of her sentence. "Esp... seemed to know about the radiation that's affected you, she said it was from," Sluice paused to remember, "a God's Curse crystal, s-so there have been, um, instances of similar um, you know, afflictions as yours in the past, on Crystax... she said that the er, the victims, they lasted - held out - anywhere from a year to um... to s-several weeks..."IC - Apep @ Glass Pillar hotelIt was hard to miss orange light glinting off of every metal surface as Omega descended after Apep. She looked up."Well you are a tough cookie. Not a burn mark on you!.. unless this is the sidekick I'm talking to." Paper tendrils crisscrossed below Omega like a web. There was no way they were going to resist his strength, but they did block his view during the moments up until he burst through them. When Omega's view was cleared he saw Apep balancing on a narrow ledge and halfway through prising a set of lift doors open so as to escape into a corridor. And a dozen or so feet below her, with the gap closing fast, was a lift rumbling up to meet the pair...

IC: "He is not my-" Omega was stopped halfway through his protest by a net of papyrus that failed utterly at even slowing him down, but kinda got in his face anyway. Huh. So that was what he had to fear from papyrus strips. Well, that wasn't so- WHAM. "Ow."Once his cognitive processing got back in gear, he reflected that it was a good thing he'd controlled his descent to grab with minimal damage. If he'd just careened down with intent to smash, that impact would've really hurt him rather than just daze. Also probably broken the elevator. He shook his head and looked back up. Apep was trying to make another getaway. Clever one, that mummy-girl. But they both knew it was a delaying tactic. She couldn't really hurt him. Well, maybe if she collapsed a wall on him or something. But not directly. He just had to stick to her like peanut butter on toast and sooner or later she'd slip up.Shaking off the last of the knock to the head, Omega launched himself up and came level with Apep. With the elevator still coming upward there was no time for a quip, so he just charged in. He'd bull rush her before she had a chance to do anything else clever. Simple. Efficient. Effective. Aside of course from the fact that his plans never worked for some reason, even the simple, efficient and effective ones.|H-D|

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC - Apep @ Glass Pillar hotelOmega's bull rush certainly did the job in that he barrelled into Apep, forcing her through the narrow space between the lift doors and into the corridor. Behind them the lift travelled upwards safely. At this proximity a distinct odour of cooked meat could be smelt coming off of the villainness. Apep reacted quickly to Omega's attack; paper immediately began to grow from her shoulders and around his head. It was again a distracting maneuver, for while Omega performed the (easy) task of tearing the papyrus strips away from his eyes more tendrils had snaked away from Apep, coiling around objects that decorated the edges of the corridor. Within about ten seconds of having entered the corridor Omega soon found such things a potted plants, small tables and a fire extinguisher being flung at him, whilst the attempts at blocking his vision with paper continued...OOC: I'm so glad this battle is taking place in a building with objects. It's the only way Apep really stands a chance :P

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Whoops, I misremembered the 'no physical mutation' part. Well, in her worried state I guess Sluice got it wrong too.
OOC: Maybe it's just me, but she seems to be taking the news far worse than Silver is! Maybe she just aware Photon is a bit of a womaniser and doesn't want to be left alone with him after Silver's kicked the bucket... Fellwyd doesn't even count as a person, he's an alien (racist! I hear you say).I kid of course :PIC: "Weeks? I passed weeks... well.... weeks ago. So basically what you're saying is I'm going to... lose my mind completely. Or just keel over sometime in the next year anyway. Insanity and death, or death and insanity, that's just great. Is it too much to ask for something to go my way, once, just once?! And just NOT have problems?!" Silver got a bit more emotional now, grabbing a cushion and pressing it into his face in agitation for a few seconds. He could live with looking like this for a while, sure.... but being pretty much guarunteed of not living past a year AND going crazy in the meantime? And if there was any "safe period" where he wouldn't actually suffer any degradation, well he'd already passed that weeks ago apparently, so... he was screwed. Doomed. Cya envisioned future normal life, you're now over before you even had a chance to begin..."What did I do to deserve this?" he mumbled into the cushion a bit, showing more of a depressing mood than ever: "I had all this stuff planned..."

breakdown_signature.jpg

IC - Sluice @ EpsilonSluice didn't answer right away; she didn't know how to answer. She completely shared Silver's point of view. He'd lived such a lonely life, and could just as easily have used his powers for personal gain - but he'd chosen to protect people from the shadows, never asking for credit. Even after meeting her and being persuaded to join the League he'd fought on the side of good without complaint. And when he destroyed the God's Curse crystal up on the Armada Mothership - neutralising the extinction cannon and thus preventing Earth's destruction - he'd done so fully expecting his life to be forfeit and accepting that sacrifice. And yet for all he'd done, no real rewards had come of it. Maybe victory is the reward, she thought. We heroes sacrifice personal happiness and safety for the sake of preserving everyone else's."What... what stuff did you have planned?" She asked. "I'm not - I don't want to think of this as, um, y-your last days, b-but... if they are... at the very least, I'd like to help you achieve some of those plans..."

OOC:

at the very least, I'd like to help you achieve some of those plans..."
This is the part where most people say "Anything?" and Sluice nods, regretting it for the rest of her days. :PSilver Silver Silver, letting golden oppotunities slip away time after time... *tsk tsk's*IC: The psychic was unresponsive for a few seconds before placing his cushion-faceshield aside, starting to look down at the floor."It means a lot to hear that, Sarah, it really does but... I don't think it can be helped like this. What I planned was.... well... to live. A normal life, I mean... you know, get a job, have a home... I've spend eight years just getting by day to day, but never planning ahead that far, never.... having any real future. Then you turned all that around: you got me into the League, you and Photon gave me a place to stay... some actual stability. I had a real chance of actually getting a job, doing something other than saving people all the time... you know, a proper future. And... well.... here we are now and I'm like this. You think I could get any kind of normal job looking like something out of a horror flick? Or...." he paused, not sure whether to continue or not for a few moments. "Or have any kind of family...""I've all ever wanted for so many years was the chance to just.... lead a normal life like everyone else. No matter how hard I try and adapt, I'll just never fit in... not like this. But.... better me than someone who already had a life to live, I guess...." he trailed off on a bit of a cruel, postive note that at least he had little of a life when it happened: the same thing happening to someone like Sluice would be much harsher for her, he figured. She already had family, friends... well she did have a job sometime before the Invasion. All he'd done had been following her around, and before that.... well... before that he didn't officially exist as a hero at all. Ruining someone with no life was better than ruining someone with a life... right? Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

IC - Sluice @ League HQ"W-well like you said, you have a home. You could always um... you know... go back there, take a break from League work, until a cure has been developed." Sluice was being forcibly optimistic; she didn't want to believe - or accept - that this was it for Silver. "And, well, maybe you can't get a job as such, but you could do fun things, you know, relaxing things. Go on holiday somewhere, just see the sights. I'm happy to stay by your side through all this, Tim, if, um, that's what you'd want. At the very least, you deserve to be able to enjoy yourself."Though she'd never say it out loud, or even consciously admit it, Sluice felt she deserved it too. This year it seemed as if she'd done nothing but fight crime, losing her original home, her job, her secret identity, and maybe even her sanity. And her parents were still missing after the invasion. But these thoughts of self-concern were tucked away on an almost automatic impulse, joining the myriad of thoughts and desires that composed the Abyss personality. With Silver facing much larger problems, she'd feel ashamed to wantonly think such thoughts...

IC: "I'm not sure hiding in the flat and being an even bigger pain for Photon would help, but..... I wouldn't mind a break of some kind. Even for a little while, just not being able to worry about everything would be great. But unless League membership comes with annual free resort trips, I'm not letting you pay for anything Sarah. You know full well I'm broke, and just because I'm sick doesn't mean you can bankrupt yourself trying to make it all better: I've survived this long in pretty much a gladiator's pit, Photon's flat is basically a resort as far as I'm concerned..." while the psychic (like most other people) would always enjoy time in some fancy resort, he had no way to pay a share or anything of the sort... and outright mooching off Sluice's kindness was not something he was willing to do. Not when he pratically was doing so already with regards to Photon's flat... he already owed the pair of them a lot.He chuckled softly. "You really think I'd be able to slip under the radar on any public beach? Maybe with a really big sunhat..."

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

IC: "We have rooms for that on the first floor," Allsight answered, "Just take the main stairs and take a room, theres a few others signing up today so you might have to wait. Once you've got a room just fill our details into the terminal and it'll issue you a card. There are scanners in the room to assess your power and its levels, that won't be a problem will it?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: "Ow!" A potted plant is heavier than it looks. All that dirt in the clay jar makes it a good club if the jar doesn't fly off. Omega careened forward haphazardly, trying to tear the bandages off with one hand and hold on to Apep with the other. Holding on wasn't hard - his arm was like iron - but he couldn't see where he was going and kept getting pelted by- "Ouch!" Ah. A table. That was the second time today. Well, at least he hadn't flown into a wall. Walls seemed to have something against him. If he had a buck for every time he'd slammed into a wall he wouldn't need college loans, and in fact-It was at this point when a fire extinguisher nailed him on the back and sent him tumbling around in the air, but that with extinguisher, an idea hit him too. She wanted him flying blind? Fine. See if she liked the result. With barely half a plan formed in his mind, Omega tightened his grip and hurtled off down the hallway, taking every possible opportunity to scrape and slam along the walls, floor and ceiling - with Apep taking the brunt. |H-D|

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

Happy 5th birthday TSTW! I had something much more grandiose planned, but this particular deadline had arrived far more quickly than I expected it to... anyway, I apologise for this being half-finished, but I'd rather post this on the day than struggle to finish it months down the line. So uh, just imagine it being 10x better!

TSTW5years-1.jpg

IC - Sluice @ League HQSluice had to admit Silver had a point about money. Even if she did pay for all of them to go somewhere luxurious, her savings would be depleted fast."Well... we have free transport in Esp at least. We could just visit places rather than stay there, you know?"IC - Apep @ Glass Pillar hotel"Oof - ow - hey - how d'you drive this thing?" Grunted Apep as Omega banged her against the walls and floor. But the bandages that covered her were shifting - new paper was growing, adding to the layers and beginning to cushion Apep. Plus the hero was running out of hallway...

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Wow. Just... Wow.Seriously. That is awesome. And thank you - all you guys - for the awesome years. The forums have hit some rough patches, but like any good hero we've taken the hit, and like any good villain that was never the last BZP had seen of us. IC: "'This thing' has autopilot," Omega called over the sound of them constantly smacking into things. "You just bandaged it up!" He detoured to ram her into a wall. "If you're as smart as you think you are, this is where you surrender. Otherwise, you better hope we're heading for a window!" He accelerated a bit more to drive the point home. He couldn't see where he was going at all - he'd stopped even trying to tear off the bandages. "I slam into walls twice a week. This won't hurt me a bit."|H-D|

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: You know I think I could spend hours looking at that trying to work out who was who and what was whatIC: The scanners and terminals did their work, and Nathan was soon issued with a card bearing his photo and registration number within the League. It had a special chip to identify him to any higher computers capable of reading such things to ensure it couldn't be forged-and people had tried that in the past. He was, to all intents and purposes a fully fledged member of the League of Salvation

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: I adore than collage of images Kumata! I'm especially fond of the Saskeme scene, as well as the uncoloured Technax Amarda image right down the bottom where Technax's "unstoppable" troops are just being slaughtered effortlessly by heroes and villians alike :PIC: "I guess that's a good point. Even a short trip might do us some good...." Silver couldn't argue with that logic, though Esp may not take so kindly to being relagated to a tour guide. "But I know you didn't bring me all the way here just to talk, we could've done that anywhere really. The League's going to want to... take tissue samples and all that fun stuff, right? We should probably get that over with... it won't be plesant" the psychic didn't want to delay a possible cure any longer than he had to, even though it was highly unlikely the League's methods of obtaining tissue samples would be any less painful than every other one he'd had taken so far... albiet those had gone to some questionable people.

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

OOC: Thanks! I'd hoped to do five memorable scenes from the RPG's history... you know, cause it's the 5th birthday... but I only got round to drawing 4 and only three of those I managed to colour, and only one was shaded!There's always next year I guess :PIC - Sluice @ League HQSluice finished her tea and stood up. "I... I honestly can't say for sure what they'll need to do, but you're right... it's best to get it all done as soon as possible. Let's try to find Mentor."Rather than walk round asking every hero they bumped into Sluice thought it would be best to talk to the retired psychic. He owned the mansion and therefore the base; he must know what manner of medical and scientific equipment it held and - unless Sluice was mistaken - he was the scientist who'd discovered and named Omega radiation. Since Silver's problem was radiation-based then he might be able to help. Or at least point them to someone who could.Sluice turned to Fellwyd, who was still standing by the drinks dispenser. "We're um, we're going now."IC - Apep @ Glass Pillar hotel"Window's fine by me. I could use some fresh air anyway," It wasn't clear whether she was bluffing or serious, but - for the moment at least - Apep's paper tendrils ceased to grasp for objects to throw at Omega, instead retracting to her torso. She still wheezed and grunted with each impact, but otherwise did nothing...

IC: Saosin (Hexas' Sub, Pacific Trash Vortex)"The most logical place to start looking would be the UN building at New York. The man has floors full of information locked up and at his disposal. Maybe if we search through the paperwork, we can find some sort of deeper hiding place."-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND