To Save The World!

IC: Saosin (League Jet, Pacific Trash Vortex)Tilian made his way to the fridge and plucked a ham sub from out of the jet's stock, deciding to use a bottle of water with a Propel flavored water pack as a chaser. He took a seat at one of the tables and unfurled the wrapper to the sub, taking a bite out of it and examining the contents: ham, American cheese, lettuce, tomato, black olives, yellow mustard. It would be enough to keep him ready to go for a while. He took another few bites before mixing the Propel and the water, taking a sip out of it and setting it down so he could get a look at the rest of the team, as well as the prisoners, silently tossing over the events of the submarine inside his head.After a minute, he decided he'd dwell on it after sleep, and he finished up his meal before lying down on the couch and closing his eyes. Briefly, it flitted through his head that they should have a destination in mind, but then exhaustion took hold, and Saosin's mind went blank...NPC: Siren (Coalition Stronghold, Northern Michigan)Siren's eyes widened as X-Calibur dropped, and for a couple seconds, panic took hold over her, but she took a couple deep breaths and drew her weapon anyway. Time to step things up.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Room for one more?IC: Caige (League HQ, New York City)Man, what a day it had been.The SOIB agent was beat: after bringing down the pyrokinetic that had been raising h*** in the subway system and driving Goddess home - he'd gotten her number, which was some form of silver lining, at least - he was thoroughly beat, and wanted nothing more than to camp out at a Starbuck's and wait for the night shift at the FBI field office to roll around. Fate, however, was not so kind: a new gang was attacking the Bank of America, and a team was being put together at the League HQ to take 'em down. The FBI demanded a presence at bank robberies; since the days of John Dillinger's personal war against the FBI, these things had been taken with the utmost seriousness, and Christian, as a registered League member, had good relations with most of the members.So, naturally, he was sent in, and after a couple minutes of searching he'd located the budding group and nodded in greeting."Hey, Platinum," Christian said in greeting to the team leader, whom he'd met a couple times in passing. "Looks like I'm joining in on the fun today. FBI doesn't feel like taking any chances with these clowns."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Epsilon"Well this is just fantastic," muttered Epsilon.Trap doors, sharkmen, one puny guy monitoring the screens. Charging in is not an option. And lord knows how long until reinforcements show up...His eyes flicked across the chamber, looking for possible options. And he found one.He leaped forward and upward, wrapping his hands around a pipe in the ceiling. Before it could give way under his weight, he swung his legs out towards the monitors and let go.CRASH!The entire assembly of security appliances exploded in a shower of glass and sparks, and the alarm slowly died down. Epsilon picked himself up off of the floor and brushed pieces of glass off of his nearly-wrecked costume. He eyed the sharkmen and held up his fists."Come get some!"OOC: Now to introduce an NPC I've been thinking of for a while...IC: NPC CenturionA tall, imposing figure approached the assembling group of heroes led by Platinum. He was garbed in red, white, blue, and black, with a white crested helmet and a visor that hung over his eyes. He gave a salute and said,"Centurion reporting for duty."

Edited by Zyke the Destroyer

67tlbk.png

OOC: Was kind of expecting the Hexas group to like, go somewhere for sleep rather than plop down right then and there. Since when did jets have couches...IC - Gadgeteer @ Pacific Trash VortexSeeing Saosin grab a sandwich from the jet's onboard fridge, Gadgeteer helped himself to one too. His faceplate swung up, revealing his heavily bearded face as he munched."We needff," he said with mouthful of bread, "to find a safe placff to land. Althoughf, hhe-" He pointed to Captain Code "- needff to be dropped off firsht."IC(NPC) - Platinum @ League HQ"No kidding," Platinum grinned at Soundsmith's remark. "Well, this should certainly be enough people. Let's not waste any more time. Follow me to the hangar, everyone."During the walk through the mansion's hallways the group exchanged info about their aliases and powers. By the time they'd reached the hidden elevator that took them down to the mansion's more technological basement level, each knew who the other was and at least the basic workings of their powers."... so since I can create diamond and you can control it, feel free to manipulate any diamond constructs I create if you feel it's necessary," Platinum was saying to Shard. Now that they were on the metal-panelled basement level - whose polished modern look was almost an opposite of the rustic mansion furniture they'd just come from - Platinum led the group towards a spacious hangar. The majority of vehicles that populated it were the familiar sleek black League Jets.He strode toward the nearest one and pulled open a side door. "Hop in, everyone. I'll pilot. Journey shouldn't take long, so use the flight to prepare yourselves..."

OOC: I figured Whistler was still piloting and the group had already decided on going to New York City, so the need to specify wasn't there.And when I said couch, I pretty much meant he put the chair into recline; not sure how that got lost in translation, but alas.IC: Saosin (League Jet, Pacific Trash Vortex)"We can drop him off in Los Angeles," Tilian mumbled sleepily. "It's on our flight path, anyway..."-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC(Whistler): The businessman heard the conversation in the cabin, and pressed a button, which, with a click heard throughout the airplane, activated the cockpit/cabin intercom."If we could get a consensus on where to drop off our prisoner, I'd be more than happy to make a slight course adjustment and take care of that. Personally I'd prefer to keep him away from major population centers, but the way I understand it, the League doesn't really have any bases away from big cities."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC - Gadgeteer @ League Jet"Lof Angeleef," mumbled Gadgeteer. "Shaosin can fee that he if depofited into a League Pentenerry." That last word was too complex to escape his food-filled mouth; it had been an attempt at 'penitentiary'...

IC: The others felt the plane tilt slightly as the businessman made the appropriate adjustments."Alright, at our current velocity, shouldn't take us more than thirty minutes to reach the League base there, and no less than three hours to wade through the paperwork."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Saosin (League Jet, Pacific Ocean)"I'll put a call into a guy I know on the ground," Saosin yawned. "We'll see if we can't cut down on the red tape a bit..."Somewhere, in the recesses of his pockets, his hands began to fiddle around for his cell phone; the Californian League member extracted it carefully and made sure he had no pressing texts or phone calls before leaning it against his chest."I don't trust the shark's deal. She talks like my lawyer."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: (Tragedy)Alex put his mask on, then sat down. "Ready to go."

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC(NPC) - Platinum @ League JetThe sensation of the League Jet lifting off and rocketing into the sky was barely felt by its passengers, as were the accompanying g-forces that bombarded the craft. Were they to look through any of the side windows they would see, beyond a layer of cloud, the city of New York whizzing by, followed by other settlements and patches of fields and bare land too fast to identify. Then it all crawled to a near-stop and the city below them was, if they knew it by sight, recognisable as Charlotte, North Carolina.The jet swerved and came to a neat landing upon a flat rooftop. There was a hiss as the side door opened and a gangplank extended. As the heroes got out, the jet seemed to disappear behind them - Platinum had activated its invisibility drive, a common feature in the jets."Here we are," Platinum said to the group as he climbed out of the cockpit. He gestured toward a building across the street from them; a massive skyscraper with a glassy 'crown' "This is the Bank of America Corporate center. Let's head down." He hopped off the rooftop and the soles of his boots glowed purple, causing him to float downwards at a gentle speed.At ground level, a number of flashing Police vehicles had been parked as a sort of barricade to stop civilians from getting too close to the scene. There was evidence of a fight, with sections of sidewalk having been shattered and the building's front wall almost completely blasted open. Bits of masonry and glass were everywhere. A few ambulances and their crews were tending to injured Police officers.When the heroes had all made their way onto the ground, Platinum quickly surveyed the scene. "Looks like the Police couldn't do much to stop them. You five had better head on in. I'll speak to the Police and paramedics; let them know who we are and see if I can divine any more info about the situation I'll catch up to you as soon as I can."IC - Gadgeteer @ League Jet"I am wonderingf iff it might be poffible to defieve Lady Hekfaf schomehow. Sho that we can bring down both her andf General Warner."Gadgeteer swallowed the last of his sandwich. It provided that deliciously invigorating feeling food only provided when one had gone too long without it. Yet still his muscles ached and his brain began to slip into fog, urging him to sleep. He didn't dare sit down on the jet though - not after he'd nodded off before. He wanted to be conscious until they reached the ground.His faceplate slid back into position. "Is there anywhere on the ground we can all safely rest?" He was hoping there was, he didn't particularly want to go through the hassle of booking a hotel - one, because he'd have to come up with an elaborate way of concealing his armoured battle suit, and two, he had hardly any money and would prefer to save what he had for the purchasing of additional mechanical parts. That reminded him; with three days to work with, perhaps he could perform a more thorough job on his armour... the Deep Sea Mode seemed to work fine, but he hadn't managed to test the other two modes yet...

Edited by Kumata

IC: NPC CenturionCenturion's eyes glowed blue through his visor. His form glowed with blue energy that extended out next to him, and when it faded, there was another Centurion standing there. This process repeated itself until there were four or five duplicates present."Let's move."The Centurions stepped inside the building.

67tlbk.png

IC: Caige (Charlotte, North Carolina)"I should give a preliminary report to the FBI," Christian pointed out, observing the chaos and running his right hand through his trimmed blonde hair. "SOIB is gonna ride me like Secretariat for sitreps.'-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC - Bank of AmericaMingled with the glass fragments and bits of brickwork that had littered the ground outside, the interior of the building's lobby was also strewn with papers. Colourful works of art were displayed upon the smooth marble walls; some had fallen to the floor, others were ripped and dirtied. In the center there was a large desk; the computers atop it were smashed and broken.Those that had entered the building didn't have much time to observe all this, as a pair of figures standing by the desk - dressed from head-to-toe in silvery-black armoured gear, like futuristic soldiers - took aim and fired. One utilised what was essentially a machine-gun, noisily firing a rapid stream of bullets. The other aimed a torch-like device which launched a translucent-red beam of intense heat, that melted a trail into the floor as it swept up towards the heroes...

IC: It may have taken a moment, but the door opened to Fellwyd, Silver and Sluice. Mentor wheeled aside to let them enter, rubbing his eyes a little. Apparently "thinking in his study" was code for "afternoon nap". A powerful hero and charismatic leader he may have been, but he was still an ageing man. "And what can I help you three with?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: (Outside the building) Decked out in full combat mode (meaning he was now essentially a moving diamond statue) Shard nodded at Platinum and Caige. They'd join in soon enough. "Guess we'll go get our intel the hard way," he remarked, turning to enter the building with the others.(Inside)Shard didn't know why the robber was sweeping the heat beam upwards across the floor before aiming at the actual heroes in his way, but he could tell well enough what it did. Secure in the knowledge that diamond endured heat and pressure during formation that made this look like a hot summer day, he stepped between the beam and the others, letting it harmlessly glint off his shiny exterior. He strode forward as if he wasn't at all being fired on and raised his fist to deliver a swift, crushing blow to the armored torso.*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC - Sluice @ League HQ"Sorry to disturb you. Um, I don't know if you know us, we haven't formally met. I'm Sluice, this is Fellwyd, and this is... Silver." Sluice wondered how clued up Mentor was in League affairs; whether he knew who Silver was and of his apparent death. "The thing is, Silver... is in a bad way. When he was up on the Armada Mothership he got bombarded with alien radiation, and it's... it's caused him to mutate into what you see now. From what we know of the type of radiation, the physical changes are over, b-but his mind... it'll slowly degenerate, unless we can work out a cure that will treat Silver's half-human, half-Crystaxian DNA. I thought... you know, being who you are, you might be able to help devise a cure, or at least tell us of someone who can."IC(NPC) - Robo-Robbers @ Bank of AmericaThe first Robo-Robber twisted to evade Soundsmith's blasts, but he couldn't dodge them all. When they struck him his arm flung upwards, bringing the machine-gun with it and spraying bullets all over the wall and ceiling. With his other arm he drew another weapon; it looked like a sort of flare-gun. However the thing it fired was definitely not a flare; it looked like a miniature missile, streaking straight toward the musical hero.Meanwhile, at the last moment before Shard's fist met armour plating the other Robo-Robber's helmet visor shone with a brilliant white light. Though it didn't stop the punch from connecting (the man hunched over, obviously affected by the blow) it would most likely blind Shard at least temporarily, and then there was another thing. Depending on the exact nature of Shard's crystalline form, the light would either be reflected back at its user or be refracted in a dozen different directions - possibly blinding his allies - as if Shard were a human-sized disco ball...

IC: On the bright side, Shard was not transparent and would not light up like a diamond disco ball, blinding the entire room with his blinginess. This was no accident. He had tried going out like that once, in pure diamond form, and it had been a sunny day. The resulting traffic accident was not pretty. Ever since then his diamond form was actually only mostly diamond, having enough trace impurities running through the stratum to render it a pretty, shiny and completely opaque shade of teal. It actually wasn't even that shiny, but with a flash that bright it only needed a decent bit of reflectiveness to effectively blind both combatants."Sonova-" Shard clapped a hand over his eyes and stepped back out of shock, shaking his head desperately to try and remove the spots currently blotting out anything at all. Who knew being blinded would hurt the eyes so much? Come to that he wasn't certain he actually had eyes being that what he did have was made of crystal, but he saw forward out of his head and he'd just been blinded, so he probably did. And for some reason they could feel pain. And being blinded really freaking hurt.Eventually, once sight returned (presumably to them both) he sneered at the robber. "Cute trick," he said, "but I can adapt." And as he said it, a pair of black lenses made of pure jet formed over his eyes, like ray bans attached to his face. He wasn't sure the equivalent of mirrored sunglasses would actually work against another flash, but it was certainly worth a shot. Dealing with the robber was simpler: He just came at him with a right hook aimed squarely at the chest.*H-D*

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: "Hmm, not sure I can help myself," said Mentor, "Xenobiology was never my strong suit even with his half human side. I could possibly do something about his mental deterioration but if the problem is more physical it would only be a stop-gap measure."He wheeled over to his desk and started flicking through a rolodex, "The problem is that the Crystaxians were unknown to us up until the invasion. And even now we only know that they used to exist, we have no information on biology that could help. Even our experts are amateurs in that field. Best I can do is give you the name of an expert on human meta-evolution, hope she can help."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC - Sluice @ League HQ"Anything you can do is hugely appreciated, honestly," said Sluice with a thankful smile. "Epsilon is working on it too, and I don't doubt her, but... well, she wasn't specifically designed for this sort of thing, and I know this world has one or two people that are smarter than computers when it comes to their area of expertise."IC(NPC) Robo-Robbers @ Bank of AmericaThere was a human-sized fireball as the mini-missile exploded. Its blast didn't quite reach Soundsmith but a wave of heat did. The Robo-Robber who had fired it saw Centurion (well, one of them) coming - they shouldn't have announced their attack - and pressed a button on his wrist. There was a buzz. Centurion's tackle connected. The Robo-Robber went down - only now his armour had become electrified, shocking the Centurion duplicate.Shard and the other Centurion were doing better; the Robo-Robber couldn't avoid both of them. The Robo-Robber lashed out in an angry, unskilled attempt to fight them off, but for every instance he swung a fist out or tried to block a punch there was another guaranteed to hit him...

IC: Mentor took a page from the rolodex and passed it to Sluice. It gave the name, phone number and address of one Professor Sara Ostermann."She runs a small, private institution on the island of Birkholm," Mentor said, "Dedicated to the study of meta-evolution in living things. If you need help with any kind of mutation, she'd be my first port of call."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Say, I'm quite interesting in rejoining this RPG, and was wondering if there's anything I can really jump into at the moment. (A small recap of recent events wouldn't hurt, either.)Also, although I've already got two characters, I'm not quite satisfied with one, and was wondering if I would be able to just sort of fade that character out off-screen, so to say, without having to do some sort of "death thing" on-screen.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Welcome back Frost Dragon! The best plot for you to jump in on is one that's just started. At the Bank of America Corporate Center a gang called the Robo-Robbers is enacting a robbery. A team of League heroes consisting of Soundsmith, Tragedy, Shard, Caige, an NPC belonging to Zyke the Destroyer called Centurion and an NPC belonging to me called Platinum have just arrived at the scene, and all save Caige and Platinum are battling two Robo-Robbers in the building's lobby. Caige and Platinum are outside with the Police, who have made a perimeter to stop civilians getting too close.IC(NPC) Robo-Robbers @ Bank of AmericaThe electrified Robo-Robber grabbed the Centurion duplicate that had tackled him and tried to pull him into the path of Soundsmith's swing.IC - Sluice @ League HQ"Thanks so much," said Sluice with a smile, taking the page with Ms. Ostermann's details. "We can head there right away. Oh - although," she suddenly frowned as a thought came to her. "We er, have a prisoner on-board Epsilon, the supervillain Darkness... I'm not entirely sure what the protocol is for putting a villain in one of the League's Penitentiaries. Are we, um, alright to leave him here to be, you know, formally charged or processed whatever it is needs to be done..?"

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Thanks for that! :) I suppose I'll just start off there, then...IC: Hanna [bank of America]See, it isn't that hard, Hanna thought as she walked along the sidewalk. She was doing her best to try and have a normal day, no fighting, no alien mutants, no supersuit, just normal. Unfortunately, her powers didn't go away with the suit, and despite her best efforts to ignore them, it was really hard to. When you felt every single little emotion or feeling of those around you, it made it hard just to "normal". Still, she seemed to be managing, mostly.Well, that was until she saw a crowd gathered around one of the taller buildings, the people there being a huge source of nervousness and excitement, something that made Hanna's stomach feel weird. That was another thing, she didn't just know what other people were feeling, she shared that feeling.Frowning, Hanna got closer, pushing her way through the crowd to see what was going on. Reaching the edge of the police line, the empath tried to glance inside. She was getting various feelings from inside, but it did nothing but confuse her. What is going on?

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -