To Save The World!

IC: NPC CenturionThe Centurion duplicate yelped in pain at the shock and got up off of the Robo-Robber as quickly as he could. He clenched his fists as Soundsmith made his attack.The duplicate fighting the other Robber kept hammering at the criminal's chest and abdomen with quick punches. The few blows he actually took weren't that bad, but they hurt nonetheless.Meanwhile, the rest of the duplicates, along with the real Centurion, were still fanning out across the bank, looking for trapped civilians and more Robbers.

67tlbk.png

OOC: And stole her crown, which I'm pretty sure he actually lost at some point... he didn't take very good care of it!IC: "Force-cells? I'd hope he can't wiggle his way out of those.... but if you have any problems with him, let me know and I'll.... pay him a visit" Silver spoke up for the first time when his "sibling" was mentioned: the psychic feeling quite a lot of responsability for the supervillian's actions since the two of them had once been the same being. Because of the split he was no longer plaged by personality switches, but at the same time Darkness had accomplished a lot of evil deeds that weighed heavily on his concience... everything that Darkness accomplished could've been avoided if only he'd been able to stay one being. A sometimes insane hero was better than an always insane supervillian, he reasoned.... but then what kind of normal life could he have had with opposing two minds?Not like that matters anymore....

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

NPC: ...He was just now sounding the alarm? The guy with half a hundred monitors on the wall and a grenade going off practically right outside his door hadn't figured this out before now?
OOC: They figured the Sharkmen finished us off. Since the guy's reading a book, he's quite clearly not looking at security footage. :PIC: (Loadstone)The Sharkman Ultionis targeted didn't stand a chance, toppling limply onto the floor with two bullets in its brain. The other one, which had just managed to grab its blaster and start to take aim at Ultionis, flailed as Loadstone loosed a concentrated burst of electricity at it. Sharkmen dead, Loadstone stepped up onto his magnaboard and floated over the trapdoor toward the wreckage of the security monitors.The security guard, who had thrown himself to the floor with a squeal when Epsilon had destroyed the monitors, was just now climbing back to his feet. "G-g-grand Cross is gonna k-k-kill me," he groaned, frowning at what had once been a state-of-the-art security system. Perhaps that stutter wasn't entirely panic after all.His hazel eyes swung to Loadstone as the Hero approached, and he backed into the wall, eyes wide. "D-d-don't hurt me..."~ Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: So around this point I feel some explanation is owed to anyone who may have been waiting on me: Last week my computer broke down. Techs say it's probably nothing serious, just some power thing that the warranty should cover fine, but those guys can really drag their feet. Since then I've been kind of internet deprived. It's not back yet, but my mom's loaned me a laptop, so I can pretend it is... so long as I don't feel like playing videogames. Or watching videos. Or about half the things a computer is good for.I may be slightly bitter about this.With that out of the way, I kind of can't remember if I'm needed anywhere aside from what I see two posts above me, so if you were waiting on me, I could really use a reminder. Please and thank you!NPC: Not trusting the floor plates until he finished scanning them, Ultionis opted for the safe way of threatening a frightened, unarmed and generally helpless nerd: He pointed a gun at him and spoke in a serious yet menacing tone. "Grand Cross is the least of your worries," he said. "We, on the other hand, have some questions you're going to answer. First question: Do you know anything that would be useful to us?" He gestured with the gun. "Think carefully."(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: (Loadstone)The man looked fearfully from Loadstone to Ultionis, then glanced quickly at the door the Sharkmen had been guarding. Not the kind of glance judging whether or not he could make it there before he was shot, but hoping beyond hope that his short-lived alarm would summon some sort of aide. With no rescue noticeably forthcoming, the man closed his eyes and let out a pained sigh."Th-that would d-d-depend on who you are and what you c-c-consider usef-f-ful," he said to Ultionis, seeming to regain a small measure of composure.Loadstone moved between the man and the door, just to be on the safe side. People could do stupid things when they were desperate. "Try this - are there any more traps in the room?" he asked, motioning toward the floor panel in question. The man opened his mouth, then decided against trying to splutter out an answer and simply shook his head. Loadstone stepped carefully off of the magnaboard and willed it to hover over to the trapdoor, where it flattened to the floor and covered the panel.~ Rumpelstiltskin

NPC: "Good," Ultionis said, striding across the floor his scans confirmed was safe to stand before the security monitors. He never once let his gun waver, though - it was always ready to give the 'security chief' a new breathing hole and positioned so he'd know it. Some of the screens were still intact, despite Epsilon's best efforts. "I want a floor-by-floor schematic of this entire base, starting here," he commanded. "Any cameras on this level still active, bring them up here. If any reinforcements do come this way, you'll let us know. Whatever happens," he added, just to keep up the pressure, "they will not save you."(H-D)

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: From now until Christmas I'm going to be very busy, so expect my posting to get a bit sparse for a while.Half-Dragon: The last post concerning Omega was this one (read the Apep bit), and Shard meanwhile is still battling the same Robo-Robbers he was battling when you last posted. Just read what I'm about to IC now and that should get you up to speed on the fight.IC(NPC) - Robo-Robbers @ Bank of AmericaSoundsmith's attack struck the electrified Robo-Robber's head. Being of sonic nature it seemed to send a fierce vibration through the criminal's helmet; he fell backwards and hit the floor. After several moments of not moving it became clear that he had been knocked out by the blow, though his armour was still sparking with electricity.The other Robo-Robber, the one sparring with one of the Centurion duplicates, activated the blinding-light function of his helmet visor again. That gave him the chance to land a forceful kick that knocked the duplicate back several feet - a safe enough range, the Robo-Robber decided, to utilise his remaining weapon. He drew a device identical to the mini-missile launcher his partner had used and took aim. But not at the duplicate...The circular desk at the centre of the lobby was concealing a number of cowering employees, a fact which the other Centurion duplicates quickly noticed. And it was towards this group that the conscious Robo-Robber's weapon was now pointing."Alla you heroes, stay where you are, or I blow 'em sky high!" He yelled angrily.IC - Sluice @ League HQ"That's perfect," Sluice smiled to Mentor. "We'll get him there right away. And thanks again for the advice."She left Mentor's study, Silver and Fellwyd following after her. They traversed the mansion's hallways until they were once again outside, walking across the grounds toward where Epsilon was parked."I think the riskiest part of this is going to be moving him from Esp to the force-cells," Sluice said to Silver as they walked. "I can create a sort of ice cocoon to contain him physically, but I'll need you to block him from making any psychic attacks against me or Fellwyd. Do you think you can do that?" It wasn't a question of skill - Sluice knew Silver and Darkness were more or less evenly matched in mental strength - but moreso of focus; Sluice wasn't sure how reliable Silver's psychic powers were after the mutation...

Edited by Kumata

IC: That rang some alarm bells in Omega's head, but he was careful to keep his reaction to himself. Rather than let on he was concerned, he countered with a sort of disbelieving sneer. "In case the beating I just gave you didn't tip you off, I wasn't born yesterday. You don't have a partner. I can think of two reasons off the top of my head you wouldn't have a partner, starting with you trying to take me on alone."If you bluffed calling a bluff, was that like a double-bluff? Didn't matter. He didn't know for sure she didn't have a partner. For that matter her partner could have already attacked the woman in the hotel and gotten away while he was playing pinball in the hallways. But if he called it now and it turned out he was right, false alarm. If not... he really wished he carried a pair of those power-restraining cuffs around. |H-D|IC: And just when Shard had been about to land another punch, FLASH. Another stupid helmet flash, and he couldn't see his hand in front of his face. Worse, the robber hadn't actually been facing him, so at best he was blind in one eye from the reflection. At worst, not even a little. While he was shaking out the spots in his eyes, Shard heard the robber shout about heroes not moving and something being blown up, and once they cleared off he saw what the guy meant. Hostages. This just got really complicated. His powerset wasn't exactly subtle - it literally shone and sparkled under any light - so he was at a loss for what to do now...*H-D*

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC - Apep @ New YorkApep stared up at Omega, and for a few moments the only sound was the faint plip-plop of her paper tendrils continuing to pull glass shards out of her body. Then the villainness gave a sigh of acceptance."Ah well. Worth a shot. My target's probably managed to skedaddle by now anyway." She crossed her arms and leaned back against the curve of the energy sphere. "Well, this was fun while it lasted. So what happens now, big guy?"IC - Robo-Robbers @ Bank of America"Thaaat's it, you just all stay put," ordered the Robo-Robber, glancing around to check that none of the heroes were making a move against him, but never wavering his aim. "Now, here's how this is gonna play. The rest of the Robo-Robbers are down below, doin' what they needs to do. They'll come back up in a minute and you're not gonna do anything to stop 'em. You're just gonna let 'em all walk outside and then let me walk outside or I'll paint the walls with these people's innards, alla ya got that..?"

IC: Hanna [bank of America]There, a sudden spike of fear from inside the building. It sent her heart racing from the shared connnection. It was no longer a dull fear, but a sharp "I'MGONNADIE" kinda thing. If only there was sonething she could- wait. Hanna wasn't sure if she could do it, she'd never tried to over such a distance before.Pushing the thought aside, she focused on the feeling of calm, and sent it our through the building before her. The effect was definately weakened by the distance, but the people inside would feel a general feeling of peacefulness and "I don't want to hurt anyone".If anything, perhaps it would help to lessen the fear coming of in waves inside.OOC: Yay! subtle use of powers. :P

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Caige (Bank of America, Charlotte)That was when Christian Leto, who had snuck his way into the bank and hidden in a secure spot, struck.His power was, generally, frowned upon by most of the League, but Christian didn't have much of a choice in his genetics, nor did he have the capability to change his power. It did, undeniably, come in useful in times like this, however; he reached out with his head and cast terrifying visions into the subconscious of each Robo-Robber, paralyzing them with fear for several crucial seconds.Move in, move in, someone ****ing move in...-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: ...Well, that backfired. :IC: Hanna [Outside of the Bank of America]Hanna gasped suddenly, her eyes wide as she took a step back. It was she could do not to pass out. The people about her gave her funny looks, but Hanna was too skocked to notice. The sudden burst of emotion had overwhelmed her completely. The primal, instinctual fear from so many people at once had all been focused and compressed onto her. Her body threatened to shut down from the overexposure.Hanna realised she was shaking, and blinked a few times, trying to make sense of what just happened.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Now this is an interesting and unfortunate mix...IC(NPC) - Robo-Robbers @ Bank of AmericaThe Robo-Robber was quiet, waiting for the heroes to respond to the order he'd just barked. He was waiting, and waiting... time seemed to slow down... this silence was so comfortable. And his armour; the weight of it, the rough edges that dug into his joints, all those little imperfections seemed to wash away... an inexplicable sensation of bliss washed over the Robo-Robber. These heroes couldn't make a move against him; his allies would come up soon... life was good. He sort of regretted shouting earlier. In fact, what was he even doing? Pointing his micromissile launcher at the employees like that... it was totally unnecessary, things were cool, he didn't need to threaten anyone. He began to lower his weapon...And then, at the fringes of his mind, a harsh sensation. Writhing. Hissing. Snapping. Snakes. No - tentacles. Barbed tentacles emanating from a spider, a spider with a rotten yellow skull whose eyes were bleeding rivers of dark crimson blood, blood that rushed in a tide that swept over him, its current dragging him under where he was assailed by long, slimy, slithering eels, only they weren't eels, they were fingers, human fingers that clawed and grabbed and squeezed at him...This was all occurring in his subconscious, so all the Robo-Robber was consciously aware of was a sudden sense of chilling terror. He'd come to learn what the visions were later, during the many dream-filled (and sleepless) nights that were to come, but for now the fear was enough to make him squeeze the trigger, not even certain what it was he felt threatened by. There was a woosh and hiss as the micromissile launched...

Edited by Kumata

IC: NPC Centurion...And promptly exploded as the Centurion that had been shocked by the other Robo-Robber dove into its path, creating a flash of red energy. The one standing in front of the Robber with the missile launcher winced a bit as his companion went up in flames."Ow," he said simply before picking up the Robber by the throat. He glared through his visor."Stand down," he commanded.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC: Omega relaxed, though not so much as to let it show. Good. He'd been worried for a minute there. He lifted a hand to his communicator and set it to call the police, specifically the superhuman crimes unit that usually carted these lunatics away. "This is Omega," he said clearly. He didn't need to tell them he was League - he'd been around eight years. Even New York, with its surprisingly high superhero population, had taken notice of him. "One for transport outside the Beaumont Arms. Bring the cuffs and watch her carefully. This one's smarter than she looks." As he said it, he brought the orb containing them both - and them with it - down to ground level or nearly so. He did not, however, relax it or turn it into a dome to conserve energy. He'd conserve energy later. Last time he'd allowed her contact with the ground she'd blasted it apart. That wasn't likely here, but then it hadn't seemed likely at the time either. |H-D|IC: Now that the matter was dealt with, Shard took the initiative and moved behind the captive robber, knocking the rocket launcher from his hands and grabbing them roughly. He thrust them together and created a two-centimeter-thick diamond shell that sealed them together. This would have neutralized most threats very effectively, but considering how tricked-out these suits were he wasn't willing to believe that just yet. With that in mind Shard grew a large, diamond club around his left hand and held it at the ready, in case of any more tricks.*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: I totally...have no idea what's going on with Skyra anymore...XD
OOC: Not sure how far back you're familiar with. The team was split in half by the base's defenses, the active PCs moving forward while the inactive PCs and NPCs were left behind. Our group blasted through a large group of Sharkmen and infiltrated the security center, where X-Calibur fell through a trapdoor and Epsilon all but destroyed the security systems. Ultionis is currently bullying the security guard, whose only power is the ability to detect/see through powers like invisibility and astral projection, into giving them access to the security systems that are left.IC: (Loadstone)The man hesitated, studying Ultionis' gun as if to determine its make and model. Seemingly content with his assessment, he strolled back over to the security monitors with all the haughty dignity of a Coalition member. "That'll d-d-depend on whether any of the c-c-controls are st-st-st-still working," he said, shooting a frosty glare at Epsilon. "I'll d-do my b-b-best."Pushing aside the scorched remains of his novel, the security guard started messing with the control panel. Sparks flew periodically from the carnage around him, causing him to flinch, but he went about his task diligently. After several minutes without any visible progress, the Heroes were beginning to wonder if he was actually trying to bring up security footage or simply trying to stall them.There was a sudden shift in one of the monitors, followed by another, and then another. With the few monitors remaining, he managed to tap into the security cameras in the immediate vicinity of the security center, as well as bring up a 3D model of the base itself. Their current location was picked out in dark gray amidst the light gray of the rest of the structure.The security guard turned around, fists on his hips. "Happy n-n-now?"~ Rumpelstiltskin Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

IC: Hanna [Outside of Bank of America]Hanna gasped when she felt a sudden spike of pain from the building, her eyes wide. "...Oh..." she said, still not completely recovered from the wave of fear from earilier. Whatever was going on, it wasn't good, and she had to find out. Blinking a few times to clear her head, Hanna walked up to the police line."I need to get in there," she stated purposely, projecting her power onto one of the police officers.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC - Bank of America"Go right ahead, ma'am," said the Police officer, who was feeling unusually cooperative. He stepped aside to let Hanna walk past. She got close to the blasted-open entrance of the bank when suddenly a hand clapped onto her shoulder."Miss, you need to get to a safe distance," said the man in the black and silver spandex supersuit. It was Platinum, though she likely wouldn't know him. Since Hanna was in ordinary clothes Platinum had taken her for a powerless civilian.IC(NPC) - Robo-Robber @ Bank of America lobbyStill experiencing an unexplained tinge of fear within his subconscious, the Robo-Robber wasn't in any mood to resist. Besides, he wasn't aware of Centurion's power, and seeing one of the duplicates apparently kill himself by jumping in front of the micromissile had unnerved him even more."A-alright, alright, jeez, take it easy, I surrender, okay?"IC - Apep @ New York"I'm guessing you're with the League?" Apep's voice was nonchalant; she didn't seem overly concerned with her impending arrest. "I say so 'cause a solo would probably have tried to question me by now, y'know, find out who I am, what I was up to et cetera. Usually a lot of them don't get on with the Police. I was kind of looking forward to feeding you false info, y'know, set you off on a wild goose chase. The professionals are just boring..."

Edited by Kumata

OZO @ NYC:ozo stood on the roof of the building he had crashed into.by now he had figured out that the low-level emp pulse could not have come from this bag of paper,as it clearly was a past-style warrior,and a cowardly one at that.even though he probably shouldve been searching for the source,he couldnt stand the fact that he was distracted from his quarry in such a...what was the human word for it?...dishonorable?...dishonorable manner.as he watched,he saw another person conversing with his quarry."hmm...two against one...this should be interesting." *ozo launched himself from the roof,bikuritan pointed directly at his quarry.*

Edited by stargatestaticTH

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

IC: She wouldn't be the first, either - Omega had fallen for that twice before he caught on. "You could try it anyway," he said, shrugging and generally maintaining an air of vaguely interested, slightly chilly nonchalance. "NYPD's still two, three minutes away depending on traffic. Might as well keep ourselves entertained." He tapped his chin thoughtfully. "With villains there's always two options: Either you tried to kill her for personal reasons, or someone ordered you. Obvious, I know, but it's a place to start. So which was it? Did she owe you money, or were you planning to collect from someone else?" He doubted he could trust a word she said, of course. Until she was hooked up to one of those fancy lie detectors they had at the precinct, anything she said was just wind. But if he kept her busy inventing a story she probably wouldn't be able to think of an escape plan without halting and giving herself away. Multitasking was a myth in ninety per cent of cases.|H-D|NPC: "Happier if you could get a word in edgewise," Ultionis remarked, glancing up at the screens. He gestured to Lodestone. "Keep an eye on Chuckles. He so much as sneezes the wrong way, flash-fry him." To Skyra and Epsilon he added "Watch the camera feeds and entrances. If the feed flickers at regular intervals it means he's feeding us a loop. That happens..." He glanced at the nerd. "You get the idea." Seeing as no one had yet bothered him about threatening to kill the IT guy he figured they were at least able to keep up with the act. He might have his disagreements with heroes and their operational procedures (nonlethal tactics might work fine against the average criminal, but when dealing with terrorists or superpowered psychopaths shooting to kill was the only sane choice) but killing an unarmed noncombatant was out of the question. Besides, he might be useful. While Poindexter was left in Lodestone's capable hands Ultionis began the process of memorizing every detail of the model on the screen and plotting routes, strategies, exit plans and so on. Occasionally he would order the captive to rotate, zoom in or otherwise shift the image to give him a better view of something. Every detail, from the number of steps in the stairwell to the size and location of each individual room along a hallway, could be crucial to getting through this place alive. Assuming, of course, that all this was even accurate. If something on the map was marked deceptively (for instance the deathtrap marked 'main control room') Plan A was basically shot. Hence the exit plans. (H-D)

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: (Loadstone)"Sure, p-p-pick on the guy with the st-st-stut-t-t-stut-st-st- ... ... sp-speech imp-p-pe-pedi-im- ... ... issues," the security guard snarled with a grimace when he couldn't complete the words he wanted to use. "Why n-n-not? Everyone else d-d-does." He took up a position with his arms folded, leaning against the wall next to Loadstone, glaring daggers at Ultionis' back and shooting occasional nervous glances at Loadstone.Loadstone watched the man with a frown, absently tapping his thigh. "You don't seem like Coalition material, Porky," he said finally. When the man turned his glare on Loadstone, the Hero held up a calming hand. "Sorry, that's a bad habit of mine. Nothing personal; I make jokes about everyone, even Trigger-Happy over there." He punctuated that with a point toward Ultionis."But seriously, most of the Coalition are either psych-ward rejects or they just enjoy blasting things," Loadstone continued. "You're in plainclothes, haven't put up a fight, and don't seem to think that the world should grovel at your feet. I don't get how you're working security for the Coalition.""J-j-just because the m-m-majority of the Coalition is c-c-composed of Villains doesn't m-m-mean we're all evil," the security guard said with a light in his eyes that dared someone to call him wrong. "The C-c-coalition stands for Sup-p-p-sup-sup-erHuman sup-sup-p-per-sup- oh, you know what I mean! W-w-wanting a little r-r-r-r-recognition isn't a c-c-crime, is it? The C-c-coalition appreciates that I have a p-p-power, that it m-m-makes me sp-sp-special. It's the only d-d-darn thing that d-does, so I m-m-might as well get some c-c-credit for it."Another poorly-chosen nickname barked from Ultionis summoned the stuttering SuperHuman back to the computers. "I have a n-n-name, you kn-n-n-ow. It's C-c-clearsight."~ Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: To anyone involved in the Robo-Robbers plot - don't feel that you have to wait for me to progress. You've been told where the other Robo-Robbers are; go get 'em!IC - Apep @ New York"I'd be of a mind to kill her even if I hadn't been explicitly told to, but then again, that's my general demeanour toward most people," Apep said with a snigger. "It's a shame you're not solo y'know, 'cause if you knew anything about that woman there's a good chance you'd end up helping me kill her. But I'm afraid the vibes you're giving off are that of someone with too clean of a conscience. Pity. I'm speaking the truth here by the way. Sometimes honesty is the best policy, especially when you're frustratingly vague about it. I want this to gnaw at you for days, see, because the fact is there was someone of potentially great interest to you back there - oh and also, at great danger of a future assassination attempt from any of my comrades - and you didn't even bother to keep an eye on where she went. Or what her name was. Heck, can you even remember what she looked like..?"

Edited by Kumata

IC: Omega considered this. "She had a sort of..." he said slowly. "I mean, she kinda... I think her hair was brown?" He shrugged. "Eh, if you're telling the truth this'll come up again, someone will stop it and then we'll know. This is New York, after all, it's basically superhero central." That, and he could just ask the hotel who had that room with the exploded floor. They probably had a privacy policy, but if he used the right channels it would be an official investigation. That had weight.

Around that time something finally clicked in his head that had been bothering him since he found out her name. "Apep... One of the names for that snake that attacked Ra, right? When he went on the night journey." He looked at her oddly. "A spirit of evil and destruction. You're really enjoying the novelty of being the bad guy, huh?" Plenty of villains acknowledged they were on the wrong side of ethics, morality and all that stuff, but not a lot of them embraced it. Well, not enough to name themselves for it. That was kind of creepy.

|H-D|

IC: For all that his own part in the actual capture of this robo-robber was kind of minor (he didn't deal well with hostage situations) Shard was still rather pleased with himself. He'd done okay that time. But now they knew they had more pressing concerns. He turned to the stairs leading down to the vault. "More robbers down there, huh? We'd better check it out," he said, gesturing at the captive crooks. "Someone stay here and watch these two until the police get here."

He considered volunteering for that himself. He was fairly confident he could handle one fully-functional robo-robber or one bound and one unconscious robo-robber, but it sounded like there might be more down there. He probably wouldn't contribute a whole lot.

*H-D*

OOC: Before I add Ultionis' part I should ask, are there any features on the map that we ought to be aware of? Stairs down to the lower levels, secret passages or maintainance corridors, traps highlighted, et cetera?

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC - Apep @ New York

"Heh, sounds like someone paid attention in history class! But tell me, what's not to enjoy about doing what you want to whoever you want? I don't restrict myself with principles or rules like you heroes do. Now you, if you're with the League then no-killing's a default; I know they won't let you in unless you agree to that. But what happens when you meet someone that really pisses you off, do you just... bottle up your urge to kill them? Just let them continue being alive and existing? I've never tried to suppress that desire, so I'm genuinely curious here. Mustn't that like... suck all the time, stifling yourself like that..?"

IC: In point of fact Omega had done some independant research after the whole Anubis incident. If myths had a basis in fact, he needed as many myths as he could get his hands on. They were distorted by a few thousand years of ancient Egyptian reinterpretation and then again by modern Egyptological misinterpretation but hey, better than nothing. But that wasn't important right now. He still had his doubts Apep was telling the truth. It could be she just hadn't thought about it too much, but the original Apep wasn't a symbol of selfishness, it was the Egyptian incarnation of evil, chaos and destruction for its own sake. Seemed an odd choice for someone who just didn't give a flap about rules, laws and so on.

Or maybe he was overthinking it and she just liked the name. Not everyone had to pick something that represented them exactly.

Shaking himself from his reverie he shrugged at Apep's question. "Self-control," he said, seeing no reason to hold back. "Partly we know we'll hate ourselves, partly we do care about rules and stuff. Mostly? We're just not really bad people." He considered adding 'no offense' but they both knew that was a lie. "Not as complicated as you'd think. So to answer your question, kinda sucks somtimes, but it's worth it."

|H-D|

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: The Lady Hexas plot seems to have stalled some way back; are we all ok to gently timeskip over the going-to-sleep-for-a-while and dropping-Captain-Code-off-at-a-League-Penitentiary parts, and get back into action?

IC - Apep @ New York

"See, and that's why all you Leaguers are so boring," Apep sighed. "Your behaviour, your views, they're all so uncomplicated. I mean that little speech could have been pulled from the climax of a film! You see the world in such simple terms I don't know why you aren't all diagnosed with learning difficulties. You-" She paused; with no discernible expression it wasn't obvious as to why. She placed a hand on the chin of her deathmask in thought, then looked up at Omega again.

"...I wonder if all that would change once you get to know the woman whose life you've just saved," Apep said curiously. "You know, I - I want you to go after her now. I want to see how it affects your blinkered morals. So... I'm gonna make you an offer. I want to physically watch what occurs when you catch up to her," There was a tone of building excitement to Apep's voice. "You can, I dunno, put a tag on me or give me an escort or whatever you'd need to believe that I won't escape, but I'll only offer what I know about her - which is most everything - if I can accompany you on the way. Yeah, you might be able to gather the info you need without my help. But it'll be a lot slower, maybe waste enough time for her to cover her tracks or even disappear for good. Come on, can't I have a little fun before you toss me in jail..?"

OOC: Totally up to you whether you seize this chance or not. I just love villains and heroes being forced to team up. :P Either way though it'd be nice if Omega (and/or some other PCs) could go after this woman eventually, as I do have a backstory planned out for her.

Edited by Kumata

IC: Omega stroked his chin, considering the matter. All things considered she probably did know what she said she knew. It could be an elaborate ploy to get away - she'd shown serious smarts so far and might be able to escape even under escort. And even if she knew, she might just lie about it to keep from exposing her bosses' motives. Still, if the woman really was as bad as Apep was making her out to be then catching her would be a priority. Worth the risk? Maybe...

A plan started to form in his mind, but he'd need a moment to work out the details. "How do I know you'll tell me the truth?" He asked suspiciously. "You might just be messing with my head to get at my 'blinkered morals.'"

|H-D|

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: The way I envision the base is as an upside-down tower, with the corridors slowly descending in a spiral around the central lift (the one we came in on). Each level loops back around and passes by that same lift, though with a corridor running alongside it as opposed to from it, like on Level 9.

The majority of the base is converted mine tunnels like the ones previously described, with rooms placed spontaneously in or next to the tunnels themselves. There are several ventilation shafts along the outer edges, and all of the rooms are interconnected by them. Traps, if there are any marked, would most likely only extend down to Level 3, with the Coalition's heavier presence in the lower levels offsetting the lack of the base's defenses. I think it's probably a little more refined down there, as well; assuming the member's quarters, armory, etc. are down there, the hallways and room configuration are probably more like a typical base than a disguised mining facility.

At the very bottom of the base, at the end of the spiral of corridors on Level 1, is a room labeled as "Security Antechamber," with a smaller elevator shaft leading from the back of it down to Level 0. Level 0 consists solely of a circular chamber that is inaccessible by the central lift and any of the ventilation shafts (it has its own, not connected to any of the others). This chamber is listed as "Subject Testing Facility."

IC: (Loadstone)

Clearsight rolled his eyes. "You Heroes are all s-so c-c-certain of your p-p-place in the world, aren't you?" he stammered. "You n-never st-st-stop to consider that the g-g-governments of the world d-don't trust you, that the only r-r-reason Heroes aren't openly p-p-persecuted is because the League has t-turned you into c-c-celebrities. Half the g-general p-p-populace t-tolerates you, but the other half d-don't trust you or b-b-blames you for all their t-t-troubles. Is that so d-d-different from where the C-c-coalition stands?

"And for the r-r-record, my name is C-c-clearsight because that's my p-p-power. I c-can see through deceptive p-p-powers, like invisibility or i-i-illu-illu-sion. Another r-r-reason I was put on security d-d-duty," he added wryly.

~ Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: Hexas timeskip is a-go!

Korkoa's been inactive for a while so I'm going to use this chance to eject his character from the plot.

IC - Gadgeteer @ Los Angeles hotel

Viktor Borislav stretched and yawned, inhaling deeply, savouring the refreshing sensation that followed a good night's sleep. After going through the necessary procedures to see that Captain Code saw due punishment. Saosin had used his League ID to request 'emergency booking' at a nearby hotel, giving each member of the team a room of their own. The hotel was frequented by heroes, it seemed, for the staff paid no attention to the group's varied outfits or Gadgeteer's armoured battle suit. Each had retired to their rooms and slept. And slept. And slept.

After a good shower and a careful checkup of his armoured battle suit, Viktor had once again donned it, keeping it in Urban Mode for now, and travelled downstairs to the hotel's dining area where breakfast was being served. He collected a large bowl of cereal and a cluster of fruit for himself, then sat at a table where the others were eating.

He counted. Saosin, Lone, Madness, The Whistler. They were one short. Where was N-Ber?

"He took off during the night," Saosin explained, guessing Gadgeteer's unspoken question. "We checked his room but there was no sign."

Viktor mulled on this disappearance. It raised suspicions in his mind that N-Ber might be acting as a double-agent for Lady Hexas somehow, but with no evidence he quickly dismissed those thoughts. He wondered if N-Ber had simply chickened out; he'd seemed quite on edge yesterday. If Viktor had known about the 'visit' N-Ber had had from Mr. Mystery, he might have pondered a more permanent exit for the fiery hero.

Lowering the jaw of his faceplate in order to eat, Gadgeteer addressed the group. "We have all now had a chance to rest and clear our heads. We should recap. What is our aim now, and what suggestions do we have for how we should go about it?"

IC - Apep @ New York

"Well... isn't not knowing the fun of it?" The villainness chuckled...