To Save The World!

OOC: There doesn't appear to be a lot of regulation on what superhumans can and can't do beyond normal human restrictions. A superhuman working for the government probably wouldn't be called a 'hero' by most others, since heroes seem to have a long-standing mistrust of national governments, but there's nothing stopping him from working for them or from acting heroically either on or off the job. Aside from the League, which is less of a governing body and more of a loose organization of superheroes worldwide with limited UN special dispensation, almost everything about them is unofficial.

|H-D|

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: There is a government organization that hires SuperHeroes, which essentially operates with the Heroes carrying out their lives normally and getting called in to take down a particular Villain or act as guards for a high-priority subject. Apart from getting paid for their services, the Heroes in question aren't really associated with the government. My character Psionick is part of this organization, and for those of you who were around during the invasion, the attack on the Armada's war factory was staged by them.

Unfortunately, I haven't gone into detail with either Psionick of the organization because I haven't been able to come up with a decent name/acronym for it.

There are also huge red flags and international treaties preventing any government from knowingly employing supers in a military capacity...it doesn't mean it doesn't happen, but if anything like that were found out, a lot of people would lose their jobs/good reps. Not to mention the UN would launch a full-blown investigation, and the League would get involved to neutralize the supersoldiers...It wouldn't be pretty.

IC: (Loadstone)

"The Coalition moved back in during our regrouping after the invasion," Prism explained, not yet daring to relax. "A month or so ago, I guess." His shrug was inhibited by the metallic straight jacket Loadstone had him in.

"The facility is run by a woman called 'Triple-Helix,' though what her powers are I don't know. She stays in the labs on lowest level, doesn't socialize with the rest of us. About two days ago, there was a huge commotion, some sort of shipment for the labs. It didn't come like the supplies, though - someone brought it straight to Triple-Helix without coming through the base. I'm not allowed down there, but I've been with the Coalition long enough to know that if they're teleporting something in it's got to be important..."

~ Rumpelstiltskin

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: Okay, thanks for the info.

IC:

The doctor came into the room. He had a strong Latin accent. "Hello, I am Ramon Galvez. I'll be your doctor. I heard you got shot, this was at the docks yes?" "Yeah, wait...how did you know? I didn't tell the nurse that." "All will be answered in good time. For now, I need to put anesthetics so I may remove the bullet." Ramon placed a gas mask on Jack. He becomes unconscious.

OOC: That sounds bad, but don't worry the gov. forces him to do it due to his rep.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Weren't there a lot more people at the bank and the Coalition base?

IC: Right then, there were a lot of things Omega wanted to do. He wanted to turn back the last ten seconds and think of a different plan. He wanted to pursue the armored villain who by now had gotten away entirely. He wanted to pummel Apep into a state that would make her ready access to full-body bandages very fortunate. But years of experience had taught him how to prioritize and focus on the objective, so he knocked Apep out with a single, swift blow and dropped her on the pavement like a discarded plastic bag. There were more important things to do.

As soon as she was no longer a threat he zoomed down to the injured civilian. Using a trick he had learned during the invasion he formed a tightly-sealed bandage and patch over the injured zone with one hand while the other went to his communicator. "This is Omega," he said urgently. "I need an ambulance to-" He glanced at the street sign. "Seventy-third, fifth avenue. There's a badly injured civilian here. Left eye severely damaged, and I think he's in shock. Scramble a League healer if you have to." As an afterthought he glanced at Apep and added "Bring a prisoner transport with you, null-cuffs and all."

|H-D|

IC: Wondering briefly where the others were - without the robber, the force field had to be down - Shard stomped up behind the Robo-robbers' leader and grabbed his wrists, forming a diamond seal around them. That would hold him for a while... Actually, for several hours until the artificial diamond disintegrated. Getting the suit off him might be a bit of a challenge now. Well, someone else could worry about that. "I got the boss!" He called down the stairs at the others, who he had decided were probably wrapping up the other goons. "Should we call a prison van?"

*H-D*

NPC: Well, with the very limited amount of information apparently available to this grunt, Ultionis figured that was as much as they'd get out of him. He considered the kid's fate for a minute (and waited a few extra seconds just to worry him). Hard as he could be, he didn't intend to kill a prisoner. Still, that magna-board was the only means of transport Lodestone had besides 'one foot in front of the other', and they'd need it to get him down the shaft. He looked to the ferrokinetic and motioned toward the discarded laser cannons the sharkmen had wielded. Maybe he could restrain Prism with those.

Then his gaze returned to the supervillains' guard dog/flunkie. "It's your lucky day," he remarked. "I was thinking we should just drop you anyway, but we wouldn't get much out of these interrogation sessions if we went around killing the ones who talk. So you get to sit tight and wait for us to call someone in to pick you up when we're done. Hope for your sake you're not holding out on us - if we got killed down there, you'd be stuck to the side of that shaft until you starved. Ain't a pretty way to go." This would be Prism's last chance to tell them anything he might have 'forgotten to mention' before they bolted him to the shaft and covered up his mouth so he couldn't call for help.

(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: Seems that everyone else involved in these plots only post after we've nudged them with a PM. Or maybe other people just lead more fulfilling lives and can't post multiple times a week. :P

Incidentally you can carry on with the Omega/Ozo ICs without me for a while guys since Apep's out of it. Hard to IC an unconscious character!

IC(NPC) - Robo-Robbers @ Bank of America

"No need. The Police are still outside." Shard might have been surprised to see some of his crystal spikes curve apart, allowing a figure to walk down the stairs toward him - but thankfully it was Platinum who descended. The hero scanned the basement; the unconscious and defeated Robo-Robbers being rounded up by the heroes, and grinned. "Sorry for vanishing guys; I had to transport a civilian to safety. Seems that I missed the party." He looked down at Shard and the leader of the Robo-Robbers. "I'll head back out and tell the cops to get ready for prisoner transport. When you've got these guys restrained, bring 'em outside..."

Edited by Kumata

IC:

Jack wakes up in a strange room. Hardly any light except for a few light blue fluorescent lights built into the wall. He gets himself upright from the bed. He feels heavy and groggy after that anesthetic that put him to sleep. Then someone comes in and turns on the lights. He's temporarily blinded, but soon his eyes adjust to see Dr. Ramon Galvez.

OOC: Gah, must've missed your last IC.

IC - Gadgeteer @ League Jet

After several minutes Gadgeteer stood up. He ran over things one last time in his head.

The plan was to infiltrate General Warner's home and search for information pertaining to, or the actual presence of the files concerning Operation: Lockdown. Ideally he and Lone would be able to bypass all of the security measures and complete the mission undetected, but if not then Madness and Saosin would help them break in by force. The latter would be a very uncomfortable state of affairs and thus haste would be an essential part of the mission. They couldn't afford to come out of this empty-handed. Carapace had informed them that General Warner had a wife and daughter; if they were present during the break-in, if things turned sour, Viktor had no problems with the idea of using them as hostages.

The swarm of nanorobots engulfed Gadgeteer's form momentarily. He seemed to shrink in size as he switched to his black Stealth Mode.

He turned to Lone. "Ready..?"

IC:

"Where are we?" Jack asked with a hateful face. "Where are in a secret CIA base in Washington. No need to worry." He hands Jack a glass of water. "Why have you taken me here?" "That's classified until further notice,but in the mean time Jack. I suggest that you get some rest for tomorrow's mission." Ramon walks out of the room. "Wait what mission? Crazy ########, why kidnap a super hero. It makes no sense, why do they want me?"

OOC: Just to make things clear again. The government forces him into doing this, but he soon fights out of it.

IC(ozo): ozo stood atop a nearby building to rest his aching arms (after holding on to the edge of the hoverboard at top speed for who knows how long,)but mostly to watch the aftermath of the chase. he had spotted the strip of papyrus as it flew toward the unsuspecting newspaper vendor,and had barely avoided trying to jump down and help,knowing full well that doing so would cause more problems than it solved.he flinched as he heard the unmistakable splitting of flesh.as ozo turned to reboard his...board, he looked back.he should figure out some way to apologize,but he never apologizes.the most he could do is leave his own calling card(literally,a card with ozo's emblem printed on it.)and hope he finds it.for now, he would have to go into hiding, at least for a while until he can sort this all out.

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

IC:

(Lone)

As they were waiting, Lone had been running some programms, trying to make them run a bit better. He almost missed Victor calling his name. "Huh? Oh, yeah, I ready. Lets get this started, shall we?" John would be kidding himself if he wasn't nervous. One of the main rules he set for himself was that he wouldn't harm civilians. Hopefully the wife and daughter would be out.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: Weren't there a lot more people at the bank and the Coalition base?

OOC: We originally had ten players at the Coalition base; inactivity has greatly aided the Coalition's cause. :P In the interest of speeding up the plot slightly, what are the odds of bumping back into X-Calibur once we're down the elevator shaft, Kumata?

IC: (Loadstone)

Prism had nothing more to say, though by the way he slouched and exhaled he was clearly relieved. At least he was until Loadstone motioned to one of his teammates and, with a slashing motion across his throat, said, "Skyra, vac him."

The crystal teenager's eyes bulged as a vacuum surrounded his head, and he thrashed against his restraints. Loadstone tightened his grip on the magnaboard to compensate, and before long Prism was knocked unconscious by the lack of air.

"That vacuum trick didn't work too well against Golem-Girl, or I would have tried it before," Skyra admitted. "I wasn't even sure if this guy had to breathe."

"Looks that way," Loadstone replied, peeling the magnaboard off of Prism and magnetically dissecting the blasters. "If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that mystery shipment was Danielle Thomas. The timeline fits, and I heard enough about triple-stranded DNA growing up to know that a triple-helix generally has something to do with genetics. Even if it isn't Danielle, anything the Coalition is trying to keep from its own members is serious enough that we should be prepared for some harebrained scheme."

With a metallic shriek, he bent a metal brace off of the wall and wrapped it around the slumped figure of Prism. When he was finished, what had been the blasters was now a pair of metal shackles pinning Prism's arms to the brace. "This won't hold him for long when he wakes," Loadstone informed the others. "The only reason he didn't break out of the magnaboard was because he's an amateur, and I don't think he really wanted to hurt us anyway. He could have bent it in two if he'd wanted."

~ Rumpelstiltskin

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: Elvis - Shard stepped through the forcefield and took out both the Robo-Robber projecting the forcefield and the leader of the Robo-Robbers. The heroes now have to restrain the defeated Robo-Robbers and carry them out to the Police waiting outside.

Lord of Adders Black - me and Trans are waiting on an IC from you regarding Birkholm. And one for General Warner's place of residence would be helpful too, since the Lady Hexas group is practically there.

Rumpelstiltskin - sure, X-Calibur can reappear. I'd have to be joining in anyway since Triple-Helix is my NPC...

IC - Gadgeteer @ League Jet

"Activate the jet's invisibility function. Land, but not too close to our destination," Gadgeteer called to Saosin as he marched toward the craft's side doors. In his sleek Sealth Mode, his armour no longer made any clanking noises. His movement seemed much more fluid too, almost as if he wasn't wearing any armour at all.

When Saosin did as instructed Gadgeteer pulled open the doors. He hopped out onto hard ground. After Lone followed suit Gadgeteer closed the jet's doors again; what appeared to be a floating square of seating vanished entirely. Gadgeteer made his armour record the exact coordinates of the invisible jet in case they needed to find it later.

He turned to Lone, then sent a message across the communication channel they'd arranged between their suits yesterday. Maintain contact this way. Do not speak unless necessary. Take your time and stick to cover. He had no idea if Lone had engaged in any missions of stealth before. If he did then Gadgeteer probably sounded a bit patronizing. We both ought to keep scanning the area for safety. Now, let us begin.

They began the approach toward General Warner's house...

Edited by Kumata

IC:

(Lone)

Receiving the message, Lone was a bit shocked that it went right into his head. Taking a second, he responded. got it. Stealth wasn't Lone's biggest skill, but he was smart enough to know a few basic things thanks to his days as a gamer.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: "Oh, hang on, I'll be there in a - sit down Charlie! - Be there in a minute."

Sluice and Silver were left standing for a moment longer until they heard footsteps and the front door swung open. A woman, perhaps a little gaunt in appearance but with an aura of good health all but emanating from her, dressed in simple jeans and a flannel shirt, her light brown hair tied up in a ponytail away from her face.

"You would be the two Leaguers, right?"

IC: Warner's house looked normal to Gadgeteer's eyes, but the sensors in his suit told a different story. The air glowed and hummed with motion sensors and laser tripwires, and heat detectors...Warner hadn't exactly kept his paranoia in check. A casual burglar would have been caught five minutes ago. A determined one would probably have shaken their head and given up by now.

But Gadgeteer was neither of these things. He was a man with a mission. His stealth suit was up to the task of navigating round the houses severely overdeveloped security, and he soon found himself easing inside through a door Lone had picked the lock of

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC - Sluice @ Birkholm

Sluice smiled and nodded as the woman - presumably Dr. Ostermann - appeared. "Yes. So you were expecting us then?"

IC - Gadgeteer @ General Warner's house

Whether by design or oversight, there was a safe path through the varied security measures surrounding the house, albeit an awkward and lengthy one that required Gadgeteer and Lone to move practically in circles. Walking toward the house would take a minute, tops - walking toward it undetected took twenty.

Gadgeteer also noticed something else about the building. Upon approach he'd attempted to survey its interior, first by utilising the thermal imaging function of his armour and then the Omega Radiation scanner. But neither one seemed to penetrate the house's walls. The place was radiation-proofed. It seemed like an overly-cautious measure until one remembered that General Warner was the sort of man who made enemies with exo-suited sharks with satellite lasers. Turning your house into a bomb shelter seemed pretty sensible in that light. Gadgeteer transmitted his findings to Lone via their private channel as they made their approach.

Soon they reached a side door. Lone overcame the lock and Gadgeteer marched silently inside. The first thing he did was reattempt a viewing in thermal imaging and then Omega Radiation scanning, to see what he could pick up now that they were inside...

OOC: By 'normal house' am I right to imagine a typical American suburban house, like this?

american-herald-houseBg.jpg

IC:

A few minutes later, Galvez comes back and puts a collar on him. Jack tries to take off, but then a surge of electricity shocks him. "Do you really think you can escape. The collar is specially designed to neutralize the hero's absorption ability. That is why you got shocked. I can make the voltage go higher until the point your body implodes. I can also push a button which will explode the collar, you try to do anything dumb." "Why did you bring me here anyways." "Simple, come with me."

Galvez exits the room and into a hallway, Jack follows him. The whole corridor is white, even the lighting. Soldiers and workers walk the halls as they walk by. They then enter a room where it is filled with computers and monitoring systems. He sees a screen which shows a fire fight going on in an unknown location.

OOC: Yeah pretty much that

IC: The inside of the house was relatively free of alarms and security. Apparently the General hadn't wanted one of his family or pets to accidentally set something off.

Gadgeteer's scans revealed nothing out the ordinary...no wait, there! Something that was obvious in how blank it was. All his sensors picked it up as reading nothing, as though it wasn't even there. Even the fridge had some readings. Switching back to normal view, he saw it was a large picture of Warner's wife and daughter, posing for the latter's graduation. Gingerly he eased the picture off its hook to reveal a metal safe complete with tumbler lock. Tch, such a cliche. He probably would have guessed the location even if he hadn't picked it up through technological means.

A noise to his left startled him for a moment. A cat, fat and ginger, yowling at him before darting off who knew where. He could ignore it. The question was how to deal with the safe. Its old fashioned lock didn't rely on high-tech machinery so there was no way he or Lone could simply hack it

IC: "Yes, Mentor messaged ahead," she answered, "I mean, by telephone. He's not so much for the psychic powers nowadays. A shame. The detrimental effect it has on his spinal cord, while tragic, is still a fascinating side-affect. I'd very much like to try and study it in greater detail some day. Though I appreciate that comes across a little...morbid."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC - Gadgeteer @ General Warner's house

Ironic that after his desperate attempts to upgrade his armoured battle suit into a formidable unit Gadgeteer was now too technologically advanced. The skeleton key that his Stealth Mode sported suited any lock with a connection port. This one had none. He stared at the safe door silently, keeping half his attention on his environmental scans. He transmitted a message to Lone.

This is most likely linked to an alarm system... I would recommend trying to open it the proper way. Any ideas?

IC - Sluice @ Birkholm

"Erm... sort of." Sluice tried to keep her smile from deflating. A minor thought popped into her head; whether one day her own powers would turn out to be negatively affecting her health. At what point had Mentor found out? She carried on talking before she had time to dwell on it too much. "It's good that you're able to see us on such short notice. This is Silver, obviously. His, um, predicament is that he's half-human, half-Crystaxian - they're an extinct alien species - but his physical appearance used to be fully human. During the Technax invasion he was exposed to a strong burst of radiation that has been known to cause rapid physical mutation in Crystaxians, as well as power amplification and mental breakdown. The effect is rapid, and um, going by uh, past cases it's likely that he - that total madness will set in within a month a-and possibly death. We really... well obviously we'd like for you to do everything you can to try and cure what's happening..."

IC: Ostermann blew out with puffed cheeks, "Well...I'm not sure. We can take genetic samples and run tests but..." She shrugged, "We've only dealt with human subjects so far. Someone who's half alien...it'll be a bit of a challenge. But we can try." Her eyes lit up, "And life would get quite dull without the occasional challenge."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

real name:derrick destint.alias:tigerbladeappearance:(in suit)5'10,black fur suit with blades on his forearms and golden blades on his back,catlike green eyes,and a golden emblem on his forehead and chest shaped like a tiger(citizen mode)normal green eyes and black hair.same height.powers:can generate and manipulate mettalic blades that grow out of his body.he can also absorb a certain amount of metal and transform the golden blades on his back into a more aerodynamic state,which allows him to glide.the blades are extremely sharp and can cut through nearly anything,they are also near impossible to break,and they allow him to jump much higher than a normal human,as well as lift an object about the size and/or weight of a one-story house for a minute or two, trained in judo.allegiance:league heroarea:rochester,NYbio: as a 16 year old scholar,derrick experienced the dark side of new york when he saw a group of men in hazard suits pour omega radioactive material into a lake full of drinking water.he tried to stop them,but his judo training was no match for their omega radiaton coated swords.he tripped over a cat,and fell into the lake with the cat and one of the swords lodged in his chest.miraculously,his body absorbed all the radioactive material,and it transformed him into tigerblade.he searches for the people or organization that caused the attack and wants to stop them from ever doing it to anyone else.his situation was an anomaly,who knows what might happen next time?

Edited by stargatestaticTH

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

Hmm, a few issues. Firstly, you get chucked into a lake of what appears to be nuclear waste all you're going to get is cancer. Plain old radiation here works just as it does in the real world, we have crazy Omega Radiation as a mad science catch-all.

Assuming it was some sort of Omega radioactivity and there was some purpose in dumping it other than "mwahahahaha evil!" then why the cat? He doesn't seem to have gained any cat-related abilities, just a few aesthetics.

And I think you could do a bit more with the backstory than just the one event, however pivotal.

Sorry if this seems a bit harsh but I just think the profile could do with a bit more work

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Hmm, a few issues. Firstly, you get chucked into a lake of what appears to be nuclear waste all you're going to get is cancer. Plain old radiation here works just as it does in the real world, we have crazy Omega Radiation as a mad science catch-all.

Assuming it was some sort of Omega radioactivity and there was some purpose in dumping it other than "mwahahahaha evil!" then why the cat? He doesn't seem to have gained any cat-related abilities, just a few aesthetics.

And I think you could do a bit more with the backstory than just the one event, however pivotal.

Sorry if this seems a bit harsh but I just think the profile could do with a bit more work

then consider it omega radiation.even if it wasnt...well,like i said,its an anomaly that caused his transformation.the main reason the cat was used is that the cat causes him to trip and fall into the lake,and gives him the fur and the ability to actually use the blades that are inside of him.if he just fell in with the sword,he would just have a metal skeleton or a metallic armor-like structure under his skin.

Edited by stargatestaticTH

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

OOC: I really should get in the habit of using my other PCs more often...

IC: (Aquarius)

"...If I could only stabilize that chromosome, I wouldn't have to worry about cellular rejection any more," Aquarius muttered to himself, eyes scanning the wall of data pouring across the computer screen. Detailed diagrams of humanoid creatures littered the work space, interspersed with calculations and charts depicting the ratio of molecules in a DNA sequence. Several photographs of animals were pinned to a corkboard propped against the lab's partition, chief among them a killer whale, an andean condor, and a komodo dragon.

Things had been rather quiet for Aquarius since his rescue from League Headquarters, which suited him perfectly. It had been quite some time since he had gotten any quality labwork done, and he had heard it through the grapevine that Grand Cross was interested in commissioning a new breed of Sharkmen to replace the failed Quad. Though in honesty he was more interested in pursuing avian hybrids at the time, oceanic lifeforms had always fascinated him, and he had jumped at the challenge.

In his research he had found that only one ocean predator was known to prey on great white sharks, robbing them of their apex predator status - the killer whale. Orcas were intelligent enough to understand the concept of tonic immobility - that is, the seemingly paralytic effect imposed upon certain species of shark when they are flipped on their backs. (An effect that he had managed to overcome in the Sharkmen by employing and modifying the functions of the human inner ear.) The shocking case in which a killer whale had flipped a great white onto its back and drowned it had happened a decade earlier, but the inspiration the battle had provided Aquarius was fresh in his mind. If killer whales were able to take down sharks in the wild, what better creature to provide an elite Sharkman breed?

Well, at least the concept was a decent one. The execution was another matter entirely. No matter what he tried, the orca chromosome was rejecting the human DNA - which was confounding, considering he was transfusing the orca DNA into a human template. He was convinced one of his calculations was wrong, that he'd transposed a number at some point or some other irritable mistake of the sort, but nothing was readily apparent. He was about to give up for the day when the intercom buzzed.

"Aquarius, are you there?" came the reedy voice belonging to Contagion. "Hello?"

Aquarius leaned over and pushed a button on the machine. "I'm here," he said. "What's up?"

"I think you'd like to see this," Contagion replied. "Come on over while I still have it under the microscope."

Giving one last look at the flawed calculations for his Orcaman, Aquarius buzzed back. "I'll be right over."

~ Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: Time to get back in the saddle

IC:

Galvez then says,"This is the communications room. Here I will be monitoring your moves and situation. Now go into the hangar and, I'll debrief you along the way." He gives Jack an earpiece, and Jack heads out into the hangar. The hangar wasn't even that far since you can hear engines of planes and copters. Plus the door was always open. He gets into a chopper and flys off to an unknown destination.

IC: "Do understand that isn't a case where you can just do-over if something goes wrong, doctor" Silver replied bluntly, not approving of being labelled a "challenge" like some school kids difficult science experiment. If they couldn't find a solution in time, then we was going to die, pure and simple... and the current "life" he had lived was not what the psychic wanted to go out on.

"I am sure that was not the impression she intended to make, but any risks will be minimised by our correlation of data. I trust you wish to take advantage of the existing information on the condition and my advanced technology, correct?" Esp's hovering holodisc had invited itself into the conversation, directing her gaze to Dr. Ostermann. Silver merely grumbled something under his breath, his sour mood showing no signs of improvement until he actually got some good news.

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: I think I pot is in order. There is too much down time here.

IC:

Jack made his way to the country, receiving intel from Galvez. He really didn't like doing this, but he had no choice. Do or die as they say. "So your saying that you want me to protect the newly elected president of this country, all because a unknown terrorist organization is making treats. Sounds serious, why not let the government handle that."

"Cause the government is newly formed. Their army is still in training," replied Galvez.

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: So at first I was waiting on Dr. Ostermann to invite them inside, and then I eventually realised maybe LoAB was waiting on ME to have Esp relay the information.... it turned into a mess with nobody posting! XD

Plot jumpcables go!

IC: Esp's holographic form nodded and her projector floated inside, already starting to interface with Dr. Ostermann's local computer systems and upload the information the A.I. had already gathered on the sickness. Not really knowing whether he was meant to go inside or not Silver eventually just stepped inside and took a look around, expressing some confusion at the design of the place.... this didn't seem like a place you'd send suffers of genetic... mishaps.

"Why does this place look like it's meant to withstand such a blasting?" the psychic was unable to hold his tongue, but he did bring up a fair point... this place wasn't as expected, and it's solid design suggested that maybe some people who went in here had tried to wreck the place at some point. That did not inspire confidence...

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

OOC: Okay, I've been thinking on making another character, since I felt this place needed more interaction lately. So here it is.

Real Name: Ricardo MenendezAlias: InfiernoAppearance: 6'6, skinny-ish with black-dark brown hair. Dark brown eye color, has a growing mustache which he shaves off. Handsome, and smart.

Hero: Wears black biker finger-less gloves. Black suit with fire pinstripes covering it. Wears a black helmet with wielding visor on it. (Used to dim thhe lights so he can see when he uses his power.

Power: FireAllegiance: LeagueArea: Tampico, TamaulipasBio: Ricardo was born in the Mexican city/port of Tampico. He thrived and prosered there as a kid, until he moved into the US when he was seven. He lived in San Antonio where he learned English, and found out about his power over fire. On accident, Rick caused a school fire, which ended up evacuating the school, and shutting it down for a week until the damage was undone. The fire was caused when Rick sneaked into the school's cafeteria, where the cooking takes place. When a lady opened the door of an oven, Rick let out his hand and fire shot out of it, causing the gas of the oven to come out and explode. Injuring the woman, but not him. He was eight at the time, and the school reported it as a gas explosion.

When Ricardo was 18 years old, he moved back to Tampico and lived there for two years. At the same time, he brought with him his girlfriend, Giselle Gutierrez. He currently battles evil across the border, and sometimes crosses it from time to time, when they need help.

iC:

"Well that explains. So they hired a PMC to do this job. Well let's see how good I can handle this operation." Jack said getting off of the chopper, and onto African soil.

The city looked beautiful in the morning sun, and the coastal location made it more beautiful to see. Walking up to Jack, is the Prime Minister of the country, followed by two trained commandos. "Welcome Mr. Lightning Bolt, to my humble country. Please come with me as I show you around."

OOC: PMC stands for Private Military Corporation.

OOC: Define the power more. Can he merely control existing fire? Can he create fire? Can he become fire?

IC: "Many of the people who come here are...uh," Ostermann waved a hand vaguely, trying to find the words. Or possibly trying to find words that weren't laden with technobabble, "They're brought here. Because they're unstable. We have a teenager in isolation because he absorbs and assimilates DNA from any living thing he touches, a girl of six who has denticles for skin capable of shearing through steel, a boy of ten whose cells would burn him up endlessly replicating to churn out clone after clone if we didn't keep him on a strict regimen. Our oldest patient, the son of the woman who founded this place, has to be kept on constant dialysis because his blood is powerfully corrosive and he's not immune to it. It was built to withstand explosions because for all we knew when building it, thats what it would have to withstand. Most of the people here...they need help. And we needed to provide an environment that would keep everyone safe from each other."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: He can create and control existing fire. He can also absorb the heat around him so he can recharge. Can shoot fire balls and such.

IC:

Jack entered the back seat of a limo, with the Prime Minister. "I heard you were looking for protection for the time being while we train your men."

"Yes, I have, and in fact, I heard great things about you Mr. Lightning Bolt."

OOC: Sheesh, better shoot off some nudging PMs to, like... everyone.

Also I know this is a bit belated, but what the heck, I drew the rest of his army. Here's the my rendition of the dread warlord Technax!

Technax.png

IC - Sluice @ Ostermann's lab

Sluice was following Dr. Osterman, Silver and Esp's holographic avatar in quiet thought. It was a little reassuring to hear about the dangerous cases that Dr. Ostermann had dealt with in the past - it made Silver's condition seem more within her realm of expertise. But it was only a slight reassurance; she still felt a great deal of apprehension, and thought it best to stay quiet so that her uncertainty didn't show in her voice and possibly upset Silver. Okay, so he could read her mind and learn of her doubts, but in the past he'd considered that an uncrossable boundary and he was hopefully still enough of himself to respect that...