To Save The World!

OOC: Well, really it would be more like adding -1 and 1, because in a matter-antimatter annihilation, both of them go away.

OOC: Yeah, thats what I was trying to say.IC (Nihilo): Nihilo streaked toward the force field, trying to keep in line with the Super inside it. Even if he missed, he should still be inside the force field, and able to hurt this guy. His head made contact. "RRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!" he screamed, as the pain began searing through his body. He kept drawing on the fear and chaos around him to keep himself fueled, at least enough to be able to significantly hurt if not kill this dude.OOC: Since the Super Secret Service agent ain't mine, I ain't gonna say if Nihilo is able to make it through or not.

IC(Fellwyd): The alien briefly considered helping the superhero that had fallen into the water, but then reasoned that, creatures or not, someone who could control the water could probably handle a quick swim. Instead, he looked at the Reaper floating in the air."You say your strength is in your army, your corpses, your slaves? Then watch them die."Sliding down from the roof of the container, the alien grabbed onto the handle of the container's door and pulled, snapping the lock and wrenching the door open. With what was likely yet another horde of zombies ready to pour from the container, Fellwyd turned his attention to those who had been thrown from the dropped container, using claws and jaws on rotting flesh as he jumped into the fray, and, as before, many of the chunks of zombies ended up being thrown at the Reaper.OOC: Can the Reaper re-animate animals as well? Might be interesting if it was, say, zombie rhinos in that container.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Sarah had had time to gather a lungful of air before plunging into the water. It was brownish-green and too clouded for her to see much further than a dozen or so feet around. Though she was an excellent swimmer (it was a longtime hobby of hers) she didn't need to lift a finger in order to control her motion underwater. She simply had to shift the liquid around her, travelling as effortlessly as Plasmafire could travel through air. She chose not to surface just yet however - she was going to move around to another side of the barge, then spring up to hopefully launch some kind of surprise attack against The Reaper. There were muffled sounds of impact as zombies crashed into the water all around. Sarah kept it in mind to be extra careful about keeping her mouth closed tight.She'd been travelling for around thirty seconds, making her way around the huge shadow of the barge above, when something seemed to materialise up ahead and make an approach at alarming speed. She dodged instinctively, but something very sharp scraped her shoulder, tearing through her shirt and drawing blood. She glanced after the attacker but it had disappeared, hidden by the murky depths. The shark-like creatures that had been attacking the civilians sprang to mind, and she braced herself - just in time for the creature's second charge. With a burst of vigour she willed the water around the creature to freeze. It did just that, giving her a clear look at the thing. Sepia-grey skin with exposed sections of muscle and bone - as she'd thought: a zombie shark!Its icy prison dragged it into the depths, its beady, lifeless eyes sending a chill down Sarah's spine. That and the realisation that there were more of them...OOC: That answer your question? :D

OOC: Yes, quite. Do I get zombie rhinos, then, or are they not really his style? The Reaper seems like a rather flashy guy, but Idunno about rhinos.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: You can have zombie whatever you want - if it's organic and it's dead, he can reanimate it. But he's based in the UK, so with foreign animals like Rhinos I'd say one or two at most, then they can be assumed to have come from a zoo.IC: The Reaper observed Fellwyd's resistance with a mixture of irritation and amusement: the reptilian was cutting down large numbers of his undead servants, true, but when he did fall (The Reaper was confident that he would) his great physical abilities would make him a valuable asset upon reanimation.He considered this all while deflecting and dodging. Though the individual projectiles were having little effect, slowly but surely The Reaper was displaying more signs of ache and exertion. He couldn't keep it up forever...

Edited by Kumata

IC:Kaname stared, okay he'll admit that this one is pretty good. But man..he couldn't believe it. "Wow, your a little upstart now are you? Well I'll say No deal." his lightning formed died down and a long katana sword suddenly appeared. "Geez, I've fought so many villains in my life i dont even remember the first one i fought..."Kaname levitated to Frigid's level using his powers, "And man, every single one of them said the exact same things your saying. You have mercy on me? Your arrogant, you were a child when I was fighting Aliens and Super Villains that make you look like a spoiled princess...That only thing that gets me is that you think you can beat me with just a copy..Well, why dont you come in actual person and say such things to my face cause frankly you are what we older people call..."he was five feet behind Frigid in an instant, "A Brat: Black Lighting Tempest Level 2" A massive blast of Black Lightning came from his sword as he slashed down. Because of the scale of the attack Kaname was forced to actually back off quite a bit to seeming keep himself from getting hurt. "Ice is just like Water: Lightning can go through it."Kaname knew that this was far from over, his opponent had the advantage of the terrain and everything so he wouldn't be surprised if Frigid appeared behind him or used some eternal glacier attack or something. He fought enough Ice type users to know how it goes.OOC: Kaname might actually be the oldest person here right now lol

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

OOC: I just realized that he also has the combined strength of all of those sharks in the water. Ouch.I also just realized what I'm going to have to do now, since I'm working with a character who has literally never seen a rhinoceros.IC(Fellwyd): After his efforts had made a sizable dent in the crowd of zombies, Fellwyd took a second to look back at the container he had opened, casually twisting the head off of another zombie and throwing it backwards at the Reaper. Surprisingly, the zombies in the crate weren't all rushing madly at him - in fact, they seemed to be lining up on either side of the entrance, like they were forming a corridor. And, come to think of it, there were fewer of them than one might have expected. Like maybe this container wasn't completely filled with human zombies...Heavy footfalls sounding from within the darkness of the container confirmed the worst, as a massive creature slowly plodded into the sunlight. The very first part of it to come into view was a thick horn, attached to a muzzle that had most of the flesh stripped off of it, revealing a fairly empty nasal cavity and jaws filled with blunt, squarish teeth. The head that followed the horn was heavily built and very boxy, with a second, shorter horn following the first, a wide, flat forehead, and tiny bloodshot eyes. The body, when it came into the light, was even more impressive than the head - the creature was essentially built like a tank, with pillar-like legs, and a barrel-like torso that might have weight half a ton by itself. In life, this creature must have been one of the fiercest fighters on the planet, and it lost little of that majesty when reanimated.As soon as it was into the sun, the great beast charged, head down, at Fellwyd, clearly aiming to either gore him or crush him. Not entirely keen on either of those ideas, Fellwyd ducked and rolled out of the way, noting with alarm that the creature stopped short of rushing off of the barge, and, displaying more agility than he would have expected, turned to attack Fellwyd again. With nothing limiting its endurance but the will of its master, the beast could keep up this deadly dance forever - the same could not be said of Fellwyd, who was living flesh and blood, and could feel fatigue like any other mortal. As he rolled out of the way of the beast again, Fellwyd started working out a plan for bringing it down...

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Negafire had been thrown in the air by the forcefield, where he had stayed, considering he was still flaming. He was about to rejoin the fray when he heard a distant bang, and... Whoa...Something had screwed with the fire that was making up his head. He turned around and saw a small crater in the ground, an obvious impact point for a bullet. "Really?! Now I'm getting sniped at?! What will it take for these people to understand, you can't kill a fire by shooting it!"IC: When the building shook, Plasmaire was almost thrown off his feet. So, he decided a new tactic was in order... "Longshot, cover me for a sec!" He cried, kneeling down and placing his hands, palm down, on the floor. They were on the roof of a bulding, so if he could just heat the roof up, and only the roof, it should melt the snow without destroying the foundation... He chanelled as much heat into the roof as he thought was safe, considering it had been frozen for who knows how long...

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:"Yer friend might want to shut his mouth 'bout Frigid coming down here," said Longshot as she moved to cover Plasmafire, her voice heavy with a fear Fade never thought he'd here from her. "Tha'd be a very bad idea.. fer all o' us.""Not sure I'd call him a friend right now," Fade muttered, dodging the flailing spikes of an Ice Golem.Normally he'd be inclined to show a little more sympathy towards Kaname's situation, but normally he didn't have to deal with someone who'd tried to sell them all out to Frigid - to say nothing of the countless lives on infinite worlds he would have condemned to subjugation and death. If he wanted to get in a fight with a fully-supercharged Frigid, then he was free to do so; maybe, just maybe Fade might pull his sorry rear out of danger if he got in over his head.Which, he admitted, was a pretty likely possibility. In any other world Kaname would have been absolutely right about Frigid; she was almost certainly a brat, a spoiled princess with delusions of grandeur. But here, her plans had succeeded and she'd been exposed to the full power of the Supercharger. Fade wasn't sure he could calcuate the upper limits of that sort of power; really, the only reason she hadn't just killed them all instantly was because she was trying to do it from several miles away.And somehow, she had that power all thanks to him. That was the one thing Fade couldn't wrap his head around, and it was killing him inside. He'd tried his hardest to try and save Jen, done everything in his power to try and pull her back from the brink, but... this? No, he'd never have stood by and let Frigid do all this. There had to be some mistake; the only source he had was Longshot, who was unreliable even in the best of realities. There had to be another side to the story, some detail Longshot wasn't keen to that made all of this make sense... but Fade wasn't sticking around to find out. Just knowing there was a universe where this version of Frigid still lived was enough torture for one day.This Frigid, meanwhile, appeared to care even less than Fade about Kaname's attack. She didn't appear to even react as he brought his sword down... and then she dissolved in a shower of snowflakes, Kaname's blade slicing empty air. The snowy apparition of Frigid materialized just across the roof, a sly laugh echoing in the chilly air. She spread her arms wide, indicating the frosty cityscape around them."Do you see this? Do you see all of this? I did this; I created all of this. I carved my kingdom across the face of the Earth itself. I think I've earned the right to a little arrogance," she said with a sly smirk. "But you? You want me to descend from on high for a little duel with you? I admire your courage; in person, my powers cut down half the League in minutes. I'm sure I might have even killed you at some point; I've killed so many people, it's hard to keep track. And when I get that device, I'm sure I'll get the chance to kill you a trillion times over."But do you know what? None of those deaths would matter in the slightest. You're nothing to me; you're barely more than a snowflake in the storm compared to me," said Frigid. "It will only take the merest fraction of my powers to wipe you from this Earth, have no delusions there."She raised her arms, and the snow and ice began to shake violently. The building cracked and creaked as fissures of ice errupted, ripping it up from the inside out. Fade had the common sense to grap Longshot and get out of there, diving off the side of the building and casting out his grappler, hoping he could catch anything before he hit the ground. Despite Plasmafire's best efforts the roof beneath Kaname crumbled to dust, giving way to a gaping maw of frost and snow. Enormous spikes of ice sprung forth along the sides of the pit, reaching out eagerly to try and impale him.[For Science]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire yelped as the floor beneath him gave out, and he fell through the air for a few seconds before igniting his body and floating. He looked around and saw the pit of ice spikes under Kaname. Knowing he couldn't catch the so called hero without burning him, he simply lobbed a fireball at the spikes, hoping to buy Kaname time to get out of it himself. He looked up, trying to figure out the best way to get out of the inside of a crumbling building, and eventually decided on simply smashing through a nearby window. He quickly saw Fade and Longshot falling through the air, with Fade's grappler trailing above them.He swooped down and grabbed the end of the grappler, making sure not to touch the rope with his firey body. He pulled up, wincing as the metal bit into his hands, but hopefully he could slow the fall at least...

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:The line snapped back and forth suddenly as Plasmafire caught hold of his grappler hook, the change of direction so sudden Fade almost lost his grip on Longshot. The two of them swung across the icy chasm between the buildings, Fade hoping that Plasmafire wouldn't lose his grip on the grappling line until they were at least a little closer to solid ground. The pair crashed through a frozen window on a nearby building, sending a crystalline shower of ice and glass as they tumbled into the frost-coated ruins of what had once been an apartment."Urgh..." Fade groaned quietly as he got to his feet, extending an arm down to Longshot. "...You okay?""Only 'bout as well as I've been recently... but thanks fer the save there," Longshot muttered bitterly, reluctantly accepting Fade's help getting up. Gratitude was not one of Longshot's stronger attributes. "Look... we need ta' get outta 'ere. The longer we stay 'ere, the more tha' witch Frigid's gonna bring down on our heads. All we kin do is lie low an' hope she doesn' find us. Trust me on this; I've seen far t'many good folks die fightin' her."A low, ominous cracking filled the air. Slowly, almost unnoticeably at first, the ice coating the walls and floors started to shift and move. More specifically, it was moving towards Fade and Longshot."See wha' I mean!" she shouted. "Jus' go. Whatever yah do, din't let tha' ice touch you!"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(Mr. No-One): After retrieving his gun, the spy looked at Sparky. Then he looked at the fire hydrant. Back to Sparky. Once more at the hydrant.Gripping the valve on top of the hydrant with both hands, the spy twisted. He might not be any kind of Superman or anything like that, no, but he was a bit far from weak - unlike some of the costumed lunatics he'd seen, Mr. No-One was tall, rather strongly built, and exercised regularly. Opening the fire hydrant was a strain, sure, but once that valve got loose, hundreds of gallons of water burst forth, geysering into the air."Oh, Sparky. Know the funny thing about water? Very high specific heat. Higher than quite a few types of rock. That's why it takes so much energy to heat water up. And guess what happens when you introduce something with a high specific heat to a heat source? No, wait, you're too stupid to guess, I'll tell you. Said something absorbs the heat - quite a bit more than, say, if I was throwing sand at you. Get all this water in the air, and it just might not be good for you."OOC: That's what I love about playing with characters - you start out with this image of a really serious fellow, and then you get him in a fight, and you find out that he can be really talkative and just a bit manic sometimes.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: I'm probably way off the wall on this one, but I was under the impression that if antimatter and matter were to come into contact, they would explode violently. Either I have a very incorrect understanding of the nature of antimatter, or what we've been using is hardly antimatter at all.Edit: Confirmed by a quick check of Wikipedia - "The result of antimatter meeting matter is an explosion."IC: (Aquarius)Typhoon's winds did their job, causing the car to spin with a metallic groan. The superpowered agent merely closed his eyes, grimacing as he was spun with the rest of the vehicle. The forcefield was far from stationary, however; connected as it was to the agent's arms, it spun with the car, the already shimmering orange surface becoming more and more opaque as the winds picked up speed. This also had the adverse affect of practically cancelling Nihilo's attack; the being of antimatter had been gambling on cutting a hole through a small segment of the shield; spinning as it was, his body merely dissipated a small portion of it before the shield rotated to an intact portion. The agent's face contorted with strain, if not a touch of agony, as Nihilo made contact with it, however.~Lord Rahl~

Edited by Lord Rahl

IC(Mr. No-One): After retrieving his gun, the spy looked at Sparky. Then he looked at the fire hydrant. Back to Sparky. Once more at the hydrant.

OOC: ...the hydrant is now diamonds?IC:Hivemind, seeing Newspaper Man going for a fire hydrant, made the tactically sound move of getting the heck out of there, as fast as she could. A sudden spray of water like that wouldn't just be a pain for Negafire, but all that water crashing down would probably do a serious number on her bug swarms too. Sure, most of the Service agents were now free to use their guns - assuming the water presently spraying in their faces didn't obstruct their aim just as well - but most of the team had already proven they could shrug off a few shots.Meanwhile, Hivemind figured she needed another target to occupy herself with while the rest of team was retrieving the girl. Someone like... that sniper who'd been taking a few shots at Negafire. Her swarm of bees buzzed through the air towards him; first, they would block the view through his sniper scope, ensuring he couldn't turn the gun on anyone actually important like Typhoon. Second... she was going to find out just how well that suit protected him against bee stings.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC (Nihilo): Seeing his attack was getting nowhere (thanks to Typhoon) he broke off, flying away, figuring out where he could help now that it was spinning like a top. Then he got it. Instead of targeting the side, he would target the TOP! It was risky, but if he was careful and pulled up when he broke through, he should be able to penetrate without harming the target. The target was in the back seat, and the super was in the front. Nihilo reverted to the first order he had been given. "Get High." This time, he went almost to the edge of space. Space was a nice place, but there wasn't anything to feed of off. Yeah, Nihilo visited space. The hole in the ozone layer? Yeah, that was him. Anyway, now he was trying to punch a hole in something much smaller, but also much harder. He began to hurtle towards earth, adjusting his trajectory as he went. The most imperative thing was to hit the very top of the field, at precisely the right angle. Miss the top, and he was in for pain, unless he was really lucky. Wrong angle, and the Coalition would forever hunt him down for breaking into their base and blowing his trial mission. Yeah, a lot was riding on this cosmic game of darts. At least for Nihilo. But he was desperate.

IC: Plasmafire flew in after Fade and Longshot just in time to hear Longshot say not to touch the ice. "Okay, you guys book it, I'll be right behind you covering you, got it?" Plasmafire pointed at the oncoming tendrils of ice, blasting off a few plasma beams at them. All he had to do was slow it down so they could all get out of here...IC: Negafire gulped, really wishing he'd killed this guy... Then an idea struck him. "Oh yeah? Well, do you know how much heat human skin can withstand?" He asked, pointing to the hydrant andheating the valve quickly. "A lot less than I can generate!"OOC: I know what you mean, TSOT. Negafire was, in my mind, supposed to be a mean spirited, malicious character, but somehow, mainly at the hands of Mr. No-One, he's been reduced to some incomptent loser. O.o

OOC: Let's see... Right then, can Nihilo travel at the speed of light? Because, if not, he's going to be gone a while. And that's assuming, given the trouble of aiming from space with what is essentially human eyes and a human brain - speaking of which, since energy can't touch him without basically a matter-antimatter annihilation, and since he usually repels both matter and energy, that means light energy can't touch him, which means he's blind - that he even hits anywhere near his target. Be lucky to hit in the same state, especially accounting for the rotation of the Earth. Start aiming for DC, you wind up in Kansas.IC(Mr. No-One): Seeing as the valve had already been opened, the spy was quite free to take his hands off of it, and had done so well before the heat reached dangerous levels."Well, I don't know the exact amount, but seeing as the sun, all that ways away, can cause third-degree burns, and considering that you're still pointing at the fire hydrant right now, I'm guessing I'm really glad I'm not holding onto that thing at the moment. What, do you expect me to grab back onto it and shut it off, Sparky?"OOC: Well, he does have mean-spirited and malicious going for him, he just seems to be a bit bad at implementing it. Great fun, though.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Just for the record, Nihilo probably wouldn't have to worry so much about getting on Grand Cross's good side if he didn't keep pulling increasingly more risky stunts that endanger the life of their target. Just sayin'. ;)IC:Fade jumped across the room and kicked open the door, the ice-damaged wood splintering as he crashed through it. He and Longshot made a run down the hall, the walls and floors slicking with ice behind them. Plasmafire was doing a good job slowing the advance of the ice, but it was still steadily advancing, actually shifting and moving around the plasma beams as it advanced. The group was quickly approaching the end of the hallway; Fade struck his wristblade through the window, shattering the frosted glass. Longshot hurried to keep up, but the frost proved faster. Layers of ice crept up from the ground and started to coat her legs, Longshot struggling in desperation as the ice began to entrap her...[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Yeah, but that's what's fun about Nihilo - he seems to be all about the grand, omni-destructive gesture. From my understanding, he seems to be the sort of character who would be fine with dying so long as he leaves a big crater and a smoking corpse. And not smoking in the slangy, sort-of-thing-John-Derek-was-talking-about-when-he-said "Live fast, die young, and leave a good-looking corpse" sense of it, either. No, I mean a literal smoking corpse, unidentifiable because it turns out blazes of glory burn things pretty effectively.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: My bad, thought Mr. No-One was still turning the thing...IC: "OH ****!" Negafire yelled before the hydrant erupted. He managed to superheat the air around himself, and really superheat, effectivly turning the water into steam before it could touch him. Unfortunatly, the air was really humid now... Not good for maintaining fire form. He dropped that, instead opting for shooting plasma beams at the agent, this time being very careful not to aim near the car...IC: "Oh no you don't!" Plasmafire cried, holding his hand towards Longshot and heating the air around her legs. "C'mon Longshot, you're gonna make it! Keep running girl!"

IC:The ice began to weaken and crack, and with one last kick Longshot broke free. She staggered, nearly falling, but regained her footing upon realizing another misstep would bring her right to the icy fate she'd just barely avoided. She dove through the window, followed moments later by Fade. He glided down to a rootop just below, while Longshot made a reasonably safe fall into a snowdrift.The only one left was Plasmafire, and as he ran the temperature seemed to drop. It was already freezing cold in the icy ruins of New York, but this was unfathomably cold; Plasmafire's own powers were probably the only thing keeping him from freezing to death instantly. Crystals of ice began to form in the air, linking together into barriers to block Plasmafire's process. Up ahead a thick wall of ice started to form around the shattered window, threatening to block Plasmafire's escape. In the cold reflections of the icy walls, Frigid's face gazed down on him."Oh, sorry about this, jester," she said. "I guess I decided I'll just kill you after all. Far less of a hassle."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire growled as he stumbled towards the freezing window. "Fat chance, White Witch, I'm not dying that easy. And by the way... I aint nobody's jester!" With that, Plasmafire found a burst of energy, racing towards the forming ice. He leapt towards it, his body bursting into flame as he superheated the air in front of him. If he was gonna go out, he was at least gonna make it look good.

IC:The superheated air rushed forwards like a wave, funneled and focused by the tight walls of the corridor. The ice barrier burst as it struck the heatwave, exploding into a thousand shards just as Plasmafire dove through. He landed on the rooftop below, where Fade was helping Longshot get up."Ugh... I don' feel so good... so cold... can' quite feel m'legs..." she murmured, her voice a little incoherent and slurred, shaking as she struggled to stand. "We... we gotta git outta 'ere... while we can... question is... whad'ya want t'do 'bout your lightning friend back there?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire knelt over Longshot, holding his hands above her legs and slowly heating the air around them.It sounded like she might be getting hypothermic, so she needed to get warm. When she inquired about Kaname, he shrugged. "I dunno. Seems like he tried to sell us out. I say if we run into him, we let him explain, but if not, we have to keep moving. What do you say Fade?"

IC(Mr. No-One): The beams of plasma, being, as they were, comparatively narrow streams of unpleasantness, weren't terrible difficult to dodge, and, with his hands free, the spook was quite happy to raise his gun, aim his gun at Sparky, and fire his gun. With Sparky more flesh-and-bone and less fire-and-flame, there was no particularly good reason why this one shouldn't hit - course, he was aiming while moving, so it might just be a limb-shot, but that, he reasoned, would be better than Sparky continuing to go around without a bullet or two in him.OOC: Feel free to have it hit him in the shoulder, the hand, the leg, whatever - not all bullet wounds need to be fatal, but with the effort Mr. No-One has put into shooting somebody, it's only fair to have it pay off at least a little bit.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:Fade frowned, deep in thought."Do you have a hideout or something?" he finally asked Longshot. "Some place where we can wait until Frigid's lost interest in us? Some place warm, preferably?""Yeah... me an' a few other supers... all tha's left, really," Longshot mumbled. "I... I kin show yah the way..."Fade nodded, and leaned over to Plasmafire."Plas, she's in pretty bad shape. If she doesn't get help soon, I can't see her making through this," he whispered. "Get her to safety, to wherever this hideout of hers is. I'm gonna head back for Kaname. Yeah, he probably did just try and sell us for his thirty pieces of silver, but for all I know he was trying to trick Frigid; a monumentally stupid idea, but perhaps a little more noble. I'd just prefer to know for sure rather than assume."He headed across the roof, hooking his grappler around a flagpole to swing away."I'm gonna get him out of there, and I'm gonna hear his side of the story. If I don't like it, well... I don't exactly have any problems with just abandoning him in this dimension."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Negafire continued shooting plasma beams at the agent, trying to drive him away from the car. It should work, in theory. Only someone with a death wish would try to make it through a bunch of streams of super hot gas. He smiled to himself, he finally seemed to be getting the upper hand... Then he got shot. The bullet was lodged in his left shoulder, and Negafire yelled in plain. "AAHHH! It's not like burning agony at all, and I know what burning feels like!" He held out his right hand and sent a jet of flame, towards the agent, just looking to burn something...IC: Plasmafire nodded and stood next to Longshot. "You be careful Fade. Come find us as soon as you can." He turned to Longshot and pulled her good arm over his shoulder, trying to steady her. "Come on Longshot, let's get you some help."

Edited by Toa Korkoa: Toa of plasma

IC:Fade nodded, diving over the side of the building. He let his grappling line unreel itself, then grabbed hold of it and swung over to the other side of the street. He extended his wristblades, embedding them in the frozen side of the building, and started his climb to the top."We... we need t'find a... a... one a' those subway stations," said Longshot. "We've bin hidin' in the tunnels, mostly. It's warmer down there... harder for ole' Frigid to find us down thar..."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire nodded and glanced over the edge of the roof. "We're in luck! There's a subway station about a block down the street. We just have to get down there... Longshot, Can you make it down there, you think? Or should we find another way?"

IC:"Yeh, I kin' keep 'til then. I've... I've bin through worse, yah know," Longshot replied, just a little bit of her trademark temper returning. "Or did'ja think I just misplaced me other arm?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(Mr. No-One): While the jet of fire failed to burn the spy, who was now five feet to the left and shooting at Sparky again, it did have the lovely side-effect of contributing to the melting of all that ice Aquarius had created - while the melting was much too local to help any remaining Secret Service agents, it at least brightened the place up a bit.Speaking of the Secret Service, the ones who had previously been occupied with Hivemind's wasps were now considerably less wasp-swarmed, and still just as armed with real guns that shoot real bullets."You know, Sparky," the spook said, grinning as he leapt to the side to avoid yet another burst of flame, "now might be a good time to take yourself out of the fight. I've got a gun, quite a few Secret Service agents have guns, and you're the only one we can actually hit right now. Guarantee you can't cook more than seven combat-trained government operatives in time to keep yourself from turning into Swiss cheese."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: (Aquarius)A wall of water condensed between the Secret Service agents and Negafire, sucking some of the humidity out of the air in the process. Aquarius stood by the fire hydrant, smiling a truly evil smile. "Swiss cheese, you say?" he called out to Mr. No-One, flexing a hand toward the hydrant. The stream of water bursting from it twisted, shooting instead toward the CIA agent, and conveniently forming into gleaming, razor-sharp icicles along the way. "Now that's an excellent idea..."OOC: I'm gonna wait for TPTI's reaction before posting as the super-agent, and subsequently what Nihilo's attack ends up doing.~Lord Rahl~

IC: Well, his tactic was working...Typhoon had noted that the super had been sent spinning with his forcefield, so tried creating more powerful winds to spin the field faster and faster. Your sense of balance was located in your ears, so shutting your eyes and making the forcefield opaque would do squat to help with dizziness. And since this power apparently relied on concentration to maintain, enough dizziness should shatter hat concentration and lower the forcefield

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Whilst Fellwyd confronted the Rhinoceros, The Reaper floated gently onto uppermost part of the slanted deck, hand resting on the handle of another shipping container.Sarah rose to the surface, gasping a fresh lungful of air (well, she'd hardly call it 'fresh', the taste of death was everywhere) then plunged back down, not keen on a zombie shark taking advantage of her unawareness and biting her legs off. She'd made a good choice, for she immediately spotted another of the beasts swimming speedily towards her as she re-submerged; with no time to gather enough concentration to freeze it, she instead formed a current that sent it careening into the hull of the barge. Its back arched up and split open, revealing a broken spine. Sarah wished she could avoid the gruesome sight, but she had to keep it in view in case it tried another attack.Then she became aware of movement to her right. She rotated to see two more zombie sharks gunning for her; she redirected them with another current, only to notice more dark shapes forming within the cloudy water...

NPC: Ultionis cursed. There went plan A. Now he was going to have to use one of those 'special ammunition' bullets the R&D boys had cooked up. He didn't really mind usually, an incendiary or explosive clip could save his life, but this one was a bit... gimmicky. Still, what works works, so he loaded up another round into his rifle, this one bright red and white to keep him from confusing it with the rest. That was because this one, on impact, would explode and release an oxygen-suppressant foam similar to what firefighters used, but designed to expand much faster. Soon the stuff would be all over a three meter radius of the impact point, which if Ultionis' aim was true (it always was) would be right at the pyrokinetic's feet.Adjust for added weight of compressed foam, wind, distance, gravity and...BANG!H-D

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC (Nihilo): As Nihilo plummeted towards earth, he got another idea. One that would ensure the target's safety. He adjusted his angle of approach so that he would not be going straight down, but he would still hit the top of the field. "Hivemind, I know you're watching me. I need your help. I'm gonna bust a hole in this guy's shield, and I need you to send something in to bug him once I do. Can you do that for me?"

OOC: Seriously, what speed is Nihilo traveling at? Unless he's going at relativistic velocities - and it would require a lot of power to do that - the round trip from the ground to space and back again is going to take a bit of a long time, relative to the length of the fight.IC(Mr. No-One): The CIA agent flattened himself against the ground as soon as he saw the first of the icicles form, though that didn't stop one of those lower in the stream from embedding itself in his shoulder before he hit the ground. Using his remaining good arm, he took aim at Aquarius and fired, not really caring where he hit the super so long as he put him in enough pain to get him to stop trying to impale him.IC(Fellwyd): With the horned beast right behind him, Fellwyd jumped up onto the side of the open shipping container, gripping the edge of it with his claws. When the beast struck the container right after him, it knocked him loose - and onto the back of the beast. Feeling the sudden weight on its back, the reanimated creature started thrashing about, wildly throwing its weight about in an attempt to shake off its rider, but the alien's grip held firm. The problem - and the proof that he maybe hadn't really thought this through all the way - was that he couldn't really do anything but hold on at this point.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: He didn't go all the way to space, just almost there. And almost is really a relative term. But the point of getting so high was to get quite a bit of speed on the way down. As for aiming, he's constantly adjusting. He will be until he makes contact. He sees he's heading for Kansas, he adjusts for DC. Simple as that. Also, I would reason that if you have any kind of power that gives you a speed boost, be it flight, or just super speed, you get an increased level of perception and be able to react faster so you can actually USE said speed-based powers.Anyway, explanation over. Nihilo's gonna hit (yes, it did take him a while, hence why he was able to "talk" to Hivemind. I sure hope those bugs followed him up...). Also, yeah, its a fictional antimatter. Work with it.IC (Nihilo): Nihilo screamed closer and closer to his metaphorical dartboard. He made countless adjustments in his flight as he flew, taking into account the earths rotation, and correcting his accuracy, sorta like how people adjust to keep their cars on the road. As he got closer, he was able to adjust his angle, leading to him hitting the top at more of a 45 degree angle than a 90. If all went well, the increased speed combined with hitting the top should let him break through, and if Hivemind got his message, all he would need to concentrate on would be getting out of there without dying. That would be nice. BAM-CHUNK!Nihilo was now lying in a smoking crater about 50 feet in the ground. He had pierced the field, the front of the car, and obviously, the ground. He began to repel himself off of the sides of the tunnel, staying down there, and used the fear and confusion of the bystanders to nurse his wounds.OOC: If Nihilo's attack shouldn't have succeeded (since I'm not in control of the other characters) just say he bounced off.

OOC: Seriously, what speed is Nihilo traveling at? Unless he's going at relativistic velocities - and it would require a lot of power to do that - the round trip from the ground to space and back again is going to take a bit of a long time, relative to the length of the fight.

OOC: Well, it probably would depend on what we'd define as "the edge of space", and what we're defining as "a long time", but either way relativistic speeds seems like a bit of an overestimation. If he's only going as far as, say the Kármán line, that'd be about a hundred kilometers up. If we ignore factors like air resistance and gravitation pull and the like (and factor in the fact I'm rather shoddy at math :P ), if he can travel above Mach I straight up, the round trip should take about ten minutes (which still should take longer than Nihilo was portrayed as doing, but we can make a few licenses for narrative purposes). I am of course, making some assumptions about the speeds Nihilo was traveling at - I have no idea if he's capable of breaking the sound barrier or not, and really can't think of any reason he should be able to behind artistic license - but that's about the bare minimum it'd take for him to make the whole trip.On the other hand, if we're defining the edge of space as, say, somewhere in the upper exosphere (10,000 km), then that'd be a lot harder to explain away. Going at about the same speed mentioned previously it'd take hours for him to complete the entire trip, and that's a pretty conservative estimate. And no matter what distance he went, Hivemind's bugs probably wouldn't be able to follow very high (and Hivemind's not a dedicated enough spy to bother), but there's a whole variety of different ways you could justify something like that. At the very least, that he could have said it before vanishing into the upper atmosphere.Of course, I'm not an expert here, so it's entirely possible I'm mistaken or entirely dead wrong about all of this. If so, just carry on as usual everybody.[For Science!] Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Well, usually I try to play along with things like this - it being a superhero RPG and all that - but some things, like accelerating a human-sized object to the speed needed to make it to the Kármán line quick enough for it to be relevant to the fight with Nihilo's listed set of powers (which doesn't include super-speed) or navigating to a point as precise as a car from that height with Nihilo's listed set of powers (which doesn't include super-eyesight or a brain that's equal to a high-end navigational computer, or any equivalent of GPS) stretch that willing suspension of disbelief to the breaking point.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom