To Save The World!

OOC; Negafire doesn't know that though. ;) All he knows is that she said now that she knew his name she'd haunt his dreams.IC: "Hivemind, I don't know who you'd go to to get authorization for that, but it's not me! Try Grand Cross, you two seem to have an understanding with each other. All I know is I'm not letting you or your crazy come near this girl unless I'm ordered to do so." Negafire stepped in front of Crystal and glared at Hivemind, crossing his arms. "For the record, I'm not a fan of human experimentation."IC: Magneta considered her options for a moment, then said: "How's this? We take you into protective custody. You'll be surrounded all day by armed superheroes with nothing better to do than protect you. You give us the information. We track this guy down, catch him, and then tell the police, after he's safely handcuffed with our famouse League power neutralizing cuffs."

Edited by Toa Korkoa: Toa of plasma

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: Not much of a shot in the dark - Jona MacTaggart told them point-blank that the entire reason she called in superpowered assistance was due to strong evidence that the thief was a speedster. Just FYI.NPC: "Y-you won't tell the police?" He gulped. "He'll know if they find out. If they find out, his target will too, and he'll know. He'll know I told you and- and- Oh god, you gotta help me!" The man looked utterly pathetic like this - probably on the verge of tears.NPC: Ultionis wasted no time. His assault rifle had an effective range of approximately 400 meters. With the slow glide to keep them both from splattering against either the pavement or the water, neither Skyra nor the terrorist were more than seventy meters away, he could tell immediately. Child's play. He took careful aim with the rifle and began letting off short, controlled, three-round bursts. He was an expert marksman with years of experience and training and sixty rounds per cartridge. This wouldn't take long.H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: In my defense, I can't be expected to remember that at 20 after 11 while I'm half asleep! :P JK.IC: "That's what we're here for, Dylan." Magneta said, in a more calm tone. "Now, you have to understand, we will have to tell the police eventually, but that can wait until we catch the man who did this to you. We'll find him, find the guy he was looking for. And we'll make sure you're safe the whole time. I promise. But you have to cooperate, okay? We can't help you if you don't help us."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: SkyraSkyra used his powers to move out of the way of the bullets, though some of them he had to reflect using a blast of wind, causing them to narrowly miss him. Skyra decided to land on the statute, from here he could orchestrate the wind more accurately.He began making a cyclone, which began to pull the crazy madman toward it. It wasn't big enough to effect anyone else.OOC: Alright, not a MASSIVE cyclone. :P

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Wait - the Statue of Liberty is huge, and there's SWAT all over the island. Not only would it take a long time at safe velocity to reach the ground from the crown, but a cyclone would catch gods-know-how-many of them in it.NPC: He seemed to calm down. Slightly. "Alright... alright. I don't know much. I just do the jobs I'm told. Every now and then a guy calling himself Elliot, think he's from the DA's office- he calls me and gives me a job to do. I grab someone he names off the street and they disappear. I told the crazy guy Elliot's name, and he told me to confess to the police about the jobs, but nothing about our talk or my contact. Didn't want him to know. There, I told you everything, now you gotta do your part!"H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC (Surge): "You can be sure we will." said Surge, as he gave Dylan back control over his arms and legs. Aside to Magenta he said "We have power-draining cuffs? Really? I gotta see those."OOC: So, how do we get him to the League? One of those League jets?And I must say after the NPC Doctor I'm tempted to make one on the Leauge side called The Master...

Edited by King Joe

OOC: So, how do we get him to the League? One of those League jets?

OOC: In the spirit of all the Doctor Who references as of late, I should remind you... "We are in a car."IC:Hivemind leaned against a wall, crossed her arms, and pouted."...I bet your Good Spock duplicate isn't even an organ donor," she muttered bitterly. "And Grand Cross... well, dude creeps me out less that the other guy, but man does he not have a sense of humor. It's like telling jokes to a brick wall. Honestly, he's not the sort of guy I want to be asking favors too."She paused, looking to either side of her, and then behind her at the wall just in case."...Wow. Usually when someone says something like that, they guy they're talking about is standing right there. Lucky."[For Science!] Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

ICM: "Oh, heck yeah we have power draining cuffs! You'll get a look, don't worry." She hopped onto the roof of the car-shaped dumpster and patted the metal beside her. "C'mon, let's get him back to the League!"ICN: "Actually, he is an organ doner. I should know, I was there trying to talk him out of it at the time." Negafire said, watching in amusement as Hivemind looked for Grand Cross. "Better watch it, I hear these walls have ears." He joked, smiling to himself.

IC: DreamcatcherDreamcatcher's sobbing had calmed down a bit, though she still had tears streaming. That Hivemind character wanted to experiment on her brain! Not exactly the most comforting news, at least that Negafire guy didn't want that.She thought about what she should do, she could always wait till they fell asleep and try to find out what she could from their dreams, but they probably planned for that. Then she remembered one person she had met a couple months ago back in Florida, he had powers, and he had said he was joining the League, maybe, maybe she could contact him in his dreams, he could at least tell them she was out there somewhere, wherever she was....Of course, she'd need to fall asleep to do that, not something very easy to do right now."How long you gonna keep me tied up like this? You can't keep me like this forever..." She was getting hungry...among other things.

Edited by Snelly

IC:"Given our usual construction standards - I mean, seriously, whose idea was it to subcontract our last base out to a group called the Order of Extortion? - I wouldn't be surprised if there were all sorts of body parts in these walls, let alone ears," she said with a shrug. "But yeah, I'm sure the Coalition's got all sorts of ways to monitor what they're lackey's are doing. Maybe even something as small as a fly on the wall... Oh. No. Wait. That would be me..."---"Braveness... madness... these days, does it really make a difference?" asked X-Calibur."...Actually, the difference is simple. Bravery is doing something incredibly dangerous and risky. Madness is the same, except you're not getting paid," said a voice from nearby. "I haven't seen a bleedin' dime in months, so I guess I must be mad."Fade saw two familiar faces approach. One had steadfastly refused to alter his costume to acknowledge the harsh winter weather, wearing the same lightly armored crimson supersuit, helmet, and cape Fade had seen him in last. The other was snugly bundled in a parka and cold weather gear, but still wore a tattered old tie and bowler hat as a reminder of the life he'd once lead."Well, well... Forcefield, Arsenal..." Fade said as the two of them walked up. "Can't say you're a welcome sight in any universe...""They say you're still, as the saying goes, pure as the driven snow over on your side," sneered Forcefield. "What a shame; it was so amusing watching you turn out not to be above it all after all."Fade leaned over to X-Calibur."Please tell me we've got more on our side than just a pair of failed black market weapons dealers.""Well, Stella's gonna be coming with us. If this Supercharger of yours really does work, we need to put her through it as quickly as possible," said X-Calibur. "That, plus a few of the other League member's still alive in New York-""An' me."Longshot marched forwards, crossbow slung across her back. She was limping slightly, but the determination on her face suggested it would not be wise to point it out. Behind her, Ash came running up."Sorry," she said. "I tried to get her to stay in bed, but when she found out what you were planning-""No... no need to apologize..." said X-Calibur, understanding. "Once Longshot's got an idea in her head, nothing human or otherwise - and no amount of property damage - is liable to stop her.""Y'guys are plannin' to take down Frigid, eh? Then I'm in," she said. "I lost m' crossbow... I lost m' arm... I lost m' hat to tha' frozen witch. I wanna see to it personally she gets wha's comin' to 'er. What're ya'll waitin for? Let's get movin'!"[For Science]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Terribly sorry for my conspicuous lack of posts, I've just left university for the winter break. Three hour drive, all that stuff.IC(Mr. No-One): Generally speaking, defusing a bomb was tough, delicate work, requiring a lot of concentration to pull it off.Generally speaking, bombs were complicated in these sorts of situations, because any terrorist worth their salt wanted to get as much bang for their buck as possible, and that meant trying to avoid getting the bomb defused.Generally speaking, there were wires that should not, under any circumstances, be cut, because bombs just liked to work that way.In this case, however, faced with the work of something considerably less than a demolitions expert, the most difficult part of the job for the spy had been convincing himself that he wasn't hallucinating the jumbled mess before him. Said jumbled mess more closely resembled a bowl of spaghetti than any kind of intelligently-designed bomb, except that if you snipped a strand of spaghetti at random, the pasta would still be functional. After tracing the path of each wire from the plastic explosives to the receiver, Mr. No-One made an astonishing discovery. Using a device that was much like a League communicator in much the same way that a walkie-talkie with a Volkswagen logo on it was much like a VW bug, he relayed his discovery to the rest of the team."Regret to inform you, lady and gentlemen, that our terrorist, and here I use that term with as much contempt as humanly possible, has wired his bombs in series. As in, receiver, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, end of the line. Except it's not a line. He wired it and then just sort of set it there. It more accurately fits the visual description a mad man living in a box might give of the progression of time than any sane work of circuitry. Except time generally hasn't just been snipped with wire-cutters."OOC: Oh, right, and I'm notforgetting one of these again. Must keep the train rolling. Speaking of which, remember that time a few characters fought an actual freaking train? That was cool.IC(Fellwyd): Outwardly, Fellwyd made no comment on the suit, instead making the universal gesture of not really having anything to say. Inwardly, he thought the goggles were a bit of a nice touch, but the whole thing could do with a steel plate or five.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:Hijek jabbed at the detonator with his fingers as it flew into the cyclone. However, Hijek had dabbed the detonator with Semtex, which Mystic did not know. The impending bullets sunk into him. Hijek felt a sharp pain in his abdomen, which then turned into relief when the bullets shot out of his body, and dropped into the sea. The cyclone had pulled him in.OOC: Real Name: Anais AlpicatAlias: MisteriAppearance: Appearing to be slim, mid-twenty woman with blonde hair and blue-green eyes. Actual age: 158Powers: Shapeshifting, reduced agingAllegiance: League of SalvationArea: AndorraBio: Anais was a troubled girl in Andorra, always getting bullied. One she'd discovered she could manipulate herr body. She'd even masqueraded as her class's teacher one time. But one day, when she got off the carriage from school, her house was in flames. She fled, fearing that however had done this would go after her. Her career in espionage was starting to unravel itself. Instead of causing chaos for power, Anais tried to be a good person. She wants to stopthe villains from causing deaths, which she really dislikes.

Edited by Rakata

OOC: Oh man, Ghost Train? Yeah, that guy was freaking awesome...IC:With the detonator flung from Hijek's hands, Mystic saw fit to launch it as high above the bay as physically possible, then applied as much telekinetic force as she could to crush it into tiny bits. Her comm beeped, picking up Mr. No-One's message. She liked what she was hearing, but still would prefer to cut through to the truth, perhaps without quite so many rambling metaphors.<Sir, I believe I've safely removed the detonator from the equation,> her voice echoed in Mr. No-One's head. <Can I take your word as confirmation the device itself has been disarmed?>[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: JSYK, the cyclone isn't big enough to harm anyone else, I edited the word 'massive' out of that previous post. :)IC: Skyra"Hey Mystic!" Skyra called out from the perch on the statue he stood on, while spinning his finger in the air, keeping the cyclone spinning. "How long should I keep him spinning like this?" Skyra watched Hijek spin around and around. "He's gotta be pretty dizzy by now."

NPC: "Did you or did you not disarm the bomb?" Ultionis cut in impatiently. He had seen the bullets go in, but the terrorist didn't seem injured. Brilliant. He promptly switched out the cartridge for one loaded with incendiary rounds - they would leave nasty burns as they passed through, burns that tended to disable superhuman regeneration by cauterizing the wound.H-D

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC(Mr. No-One): "I rather thought including the word snipped would have made it fairly clear. The wiring this guy used was about as clever as Christmas lights. The device is harmless."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

NPC: "Good." He took aim again, tracking the terrorist through the cyclone and calculating in his head everything from his trajectory to how the wind would interfere with the bullets' path. "Don't have rubber bullets for this thing anyway." He found a workable, if unreliable firing pattern that was nevertheless the best he could do and began laying down careful, accurate fire on the supervillain.H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC:<Very good. Try to remove the device from the area of the Statue as quickly as possible. Inert or not, I'd hardly consider that large a quantity of explosives 'harmless' under any circumstances,> Mystic thought to Mr. No-One, before turning her attention to Skyra. <I trust you have a pair of our cuffs with you; they should be standard League issue. Once you can safely restrain and neutralize the target, then you can let him down. No sooner.>[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC:

If he kept spinning any longer, he'd go crazy.

Oh, like that ship hasn't sailed already.IC(Mr. No-One): "Confirmed, working on extraction of the device now. Suggestions on a location to remove it to?"Before he attempted to move it, a little bit of caution made the spy disconnect each wire from each individual block of C-4. No sense in letting Murphy's Law get a hold of this one. With each bomb disconnected from each of the other bombs, he gently picked them all up, and waited for a good idea as to where to take the bomb.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Skyra"Yes ma'am." Skyra smiled as he jumped off the statue and descended to the ground. The cyclone keep going, though it slowly sank toward the ground. When Skyra finally landed, he looked up at the cyclone, "Hmm....I think I'll keep him spinning till he hits the ground for good measure." Skyra took his time lowering the cyclone. Making sure everyone in the area had time to clear out of the way. Police circled the area, guns aimed at Hijek.Once the quite dizzy Hijek landed face first into the ground, Skyra stopped the cyclone. He quickly put his knee onto the villain's back to pin him there, then he handcuffed him. "Sorry, is that too tight?" Skyra said mockingly.OOC: He's pretty much caught at this point, so no reason to delay the arrest.

IC:<My first concern is simply getting it out of the statue. That should be sufficient as a first step,> thought Mystic. <The island is surrounded by police and SWAT teams; I would trust there is probably a bomb disposal unit among them equipped to handle this.>[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(Mr. No-One): The spy responded briefly, for once - given how quiet his usual work had to be, a mission where he got to talk was an excellent outlet for the rather talkative side of his personality - and began searching for an elevator. Given how user-friendly monuments tended to be, said elevator was located quickly, and the most boring part of the mission could commence.A couple of minutes later, the elevator reached the ground floor, and the defunct bomb was handed off to bomb-squad personnel, who quickly set about getting rid of the whole thing rather more efficiently than a generalist like the spy could have.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

NPC: Ultionis added his two cents to the comm on his way down the other elevator, intending to be down on the ground by the time the terrorist was. "If the wires are cut, it should be safe to remove the dets." That was short for detonators - not the thing that set the bombs off, but the tiny explosives inside the chunks of C4. As explosives went, C4 was among the strongest, but also the safest to use, since the only way to set it off would be to create a much smaller explosion inside the material. You could light a fire right under the stuff and it wouldn't go off unless you did that. Removing the sparks that would light the bomb up would make the C4 essentially harmless plastic. When he got to the ground he pushed past the police and SWAT teams to look down at the prisoner. He said nothing, simply glanced at Skyra. "Is a jet coming to pick this trash up?"H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC:"The pilot has been circling the area since we first departed," replied Mystic as she exited at the base of the statue. "He should be here at a moment's notice to pick up our suspect."She marched forwards, her attention turned to Hijek."You just tried to destroy a national monument, and I can't imagine any of these men are going to be particularly happy with you about that," Mystic said. "But I am here for answers. You were witnessed among known members of the Coalition of Corruption whilst they engaged in the kidnapping of one Danielle Thomas, daughter to the President of the United States. I've attempted to search your mind, but I have found no knowledge that links you to this plan. In case I have simply not dug deeply enough, I'm giving you one chance to explain your presence at the incident in Washington honestly... before I decided to conduct a more thorough examination of your brain."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(Mr. No-One): The spy joined the group standing around the terrorist. He half-hoped that the terrorist refused to comply, so he'd have an excuse to injure the scum.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: SkyraThe plane finally landed and the group entered. Skyra went first with Hijek and made sure he was properly restrained in his seat. Skyra sat down in the seat across from him. He signed heavily, what a day it had been. At least this mission was a success, unlike the one to rescue Danielle Thomas. Skyra looked at his clothes, pretty teared up everywhere, it's what he got for wearing civilian clothes on duty. "Hmm, oh ya, my new costume should be ready by now...that engineering guy said it would be ready by tonight." Skyra said, mostly to himself.OOC: Time for round two with creating my costume. Just gonna be a simple lightweight body armor that's leather on the outside. Basically just bullet proof armor on the inside of it. It wouldn't help at all with armor piercing bullets.

NPC: Ultionis sat back, checking his assault rifle and cleaning out the barrel. He did that after every mission, no matter how brief, to keep it in peak condition. In the meantime he'd pulled off his mask, leaving it to lie across his upper back like a hood and revealing his head. He was dark-skinned, with black dreadlocks and deep, brown eyes. His face was firm and surprisingly handsome, considering he usually kept it covered up, and he looked to be in his mid-thirties. Not normally one to talk much, he nevertheless broke the silence that had dropped across the group. "I've been wondering: How did he know we were coming? We didn't make any noise, but he jumped out the window when we were ten feet from the door. Anyone know if he's psychic?" It was a question that had been bothering him for some time. H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC:"I had attempted to coerce our subject into surrender by means of psychic influence. A more direct form of mental assault might have taken him down faster, but given the unknown variables surrounding our target at the time I feared that direct confrontation would result in the detonation of the bomb," explained Mystic, her wording clinical, detached, and official. Even if she worked for the League, she sounded like she might as well be explaining herself before a military tribunal. "At the time I had hoped to resolve the situation nonviolently, but I may have misjudged how resistant he would be to my psychic suggestions. I do, however, feel I was justified in failing to anticipate that our subject would try to jump out a window."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: By the way TPTI, you can add Nihilo's name to the list of Coalition members now.IC: Gap concentrated, and the air before her and Nihilo split open, widening into a wormhole that was about six feet in diameter. Nihilo hovered in; Gap waited a few moments and then hopped in after him.After passing through the swirling blackness they emerged in an alleyway. Going from the crisp, ventilated air of the Coalition HQ to foul-smelling alley was quite a transition. It was quite long, dotted all over with dumpsters, fire escapes and cardboard boxes. There was the ragged figure of a sleeping homeless man sprawled across some of them. The buildings that loomed on either side cast it in shadow, but from the light coming from its entrance they could see it was only midday."We're not far from Times Square, so Grand Central should be a few blocks away," said Gap quietly as the wormhole closed behind her...

IC: DreamcatcherHer captors seemed too busy to notice her. She decided to try something else. "Do I have to stay tied to this chair? It's not like I could escape...I'll-I'll behave, I won't try anything....I'm just so tired of being stuck like-like this." She stammered a bit.

Edited by Snelly

IC (Nihilo): "That was just a meeting place. We're going to the New York Stock Exchange." When they reached the building, Nihilo led Gap around to an alley behind it, and repulsed a part of a dumpster. A hatch opened with the dumpster on top, and Nihilo went in. After quite a few corridors that led them deeper below the surface, they emerged in a dark chamber that Nihilo called his home. "This should be all you need to wormhole here. If that's what you call it. I'm not giving you the ten cent tour, so be on your way."IC (Surge): Surge hopped up onto the "car" wondering how this reshaped dumpster would get them anywhere unless he made it fly. Still, he decided to wait and see what Magenta did to make it roll.

IC: Gap scanned the chamber for a few moments. Then, with an arm extended, she forced another spatial split into existence and disappeared. About ten seconds passed before another wormhole appeared and she was standing in the chamber again."Just making sure that I could," she told Nihilo, and warped away for good this time...

IC (Nihilo): Nihilo relaxed. The stock exchange was the perfect place to feed off of emotions. Hate, anger, fear and loss all came in amazing amounts. As he fed, he decided to see how his little "project" was going. If this project came to fruition, his rightful place would be secured.OOC: Can I make an NPC?

IC:"Hey, listen. I can't say I'm any more happy with the thought of us keeping women tied up in in some dark basement - without good reason, anyway - then you probably are," said Hivemind. She motioned over her shoulder to Negafire, despite the fact Crystal obviously couldn't see any of it. "But Ole' Bizzaro over here's under strict orders, and he doesn't seem like the sort to disobey them. I mean, if he's not gonna grant what's, honestly, an pretty simple request from me, I really can't see him listening to you."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.