To Save The World!

IC: The noise of a stomach growling barely registered in Negafire's mind, but after a few seconds it filtered through the layers of fantasy from the book he was reading, and he looked up, confused. "Um... Are you awake? And maybe hungry?"IC: Plasmafire nodded, waving a hand at his hair after Fade's comment about flames. The fire that made up his hair went out, replaced by actual, brown hair which fell down to just above Plasmafire's shoulders. "Ah. Better. We waiting for the others before we go down?"IC: Magneta nodded, waving Dylan foward. This is Dylan. He has information crucial to an investigation regarding a speedster break-in at the police station. We agreed to give him protection in exchange for that information. He seems to think that the speedster will come after him if he finds out what Dylan told us."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:"A speedster, you say?" Mystic asked, then muttered a few commands into her headset. "I'll just see who I can get to keep him under close watch. Preferably someone with superhuman reflexes; it doesn't matter how fast our speedster can go if Dylan is being guarded by someone whose eyes move just as quickly."---"Well, I just want to make sure entrance is still there. I mean, I've been trying to keep an eye on this place since I found it over in our universe, but with all that happened here who knows if it hasn't collapsed," said Fade. "Stella will probably have to widen out the hole up there a bit to make it safe for the others to climb down, that might take them a bit. Come on, let's move."[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC: Magneta looked at Surge. "Do you want to stay and guard Dylan? Because I could use your help in this investigation, if you'd preffer that."IC: Plasmafire nodded and made an overeggagerated waving motion down the hall. He also threw in a bad British accent for good measure. "After you, sir! Your kingdom awaits!"IC: Negafire chuckled and walked over to the minifridge reserved for the guards. "Well, technicly prisoners don't get fed for a couple more hours, but hey, I'm supposed to keep you comfortable. You got any food allergies, or anything you don't like?"

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC (Surge):"Whichever. I just saw my powers coming in handy here is all. I'll let Mystic decide where I would be most useful."OOC: Really, I just want Surge to fight this guy. Ever since I heard it was a speedster I was thinking how interesting the battle would be.

Edited by King Joe

IC:"Well, I'm sure your powers would be useful," said Mystic, although she was skeptical of his claims of traveling at lightspeed. Time appeared to slow the closer you got to the speed of light so if he was going that fast, would he even know? "But on the other hand, you two seem to be on a case, and it would probably be unwise to split your efforts. Besides, it's not like the League has any shortage of heroes capable of protecting Dylan."OOC: As Mystic's omnipotent-ish puppetmaster I hesitate to give her the final say on where Surge ought to go. I mean, guarding the guy just seems like it'd be a lot of boring sitting in a room and the wiser choice would be to head off to wherever the next plot-point is, but for all I know this is gonna be one of those things where they put the witness under protective custody but the bad guy kills him anyway because he's just such a smooth criminal.Since it seems like it could go either way I'd rather leave the choice with you guys.---IC:"Yup... my kingdom alright," Fade muttered as he started off towards the basement.Of course, this was his kingdom, sort of anyway. All of it, all the ice and wastes belonged to him, or at least it could have. If things had gone just a little differently, he would have called the entire world his domain. And all he had to do was give up everything he'd ever believed in."Hey! Wait up a'ready!"Longshot appeared at the top of stairs, sliding down the banister and executing a perfect landing next to Fade and Plasmafire."Yer not goin' down there without me," she said. "The others are still makin' there way down tha' rabbit hole. I'm 'ere to make sure Frigid's not just waitin' to spring a trap on yah fools."Fade simply nodded and shrugged. He had no problems going into this with a little extra firepower, so he had no reason to complain. They stepped out of the living room into an ancient abandoned kitchen, empty cabinets lining the walls and a pool of frozen water in the sink. Fade motioned over to an age-weathered door in the corner; Longshot took a running leap and kicked it down, knocking it off its hinges and raining splinters all the way down the basement stairs."You... didn't have to do that, you know," Fade said in surprise."Yer right. I didn't hafta do it at all," Longshot said with a sly grin as she armed her crossbow and set off down there stairs. "But tha's what makes it fun, isn't it?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

Fade motioned over to an age-weathered door in the corner; Longshot took a running leap and kicked it down, knocking it off its hinges and raining splinters all the way down the basement stairs."You... didn't have to do that, you know," Fade said in surprise.

OOC: I'm going to pretend that Fade is actually in his normal apartment with Longshot over for coffee when this happens. :biggrin:IC: After a few more minutes, Epsilon's voice rang out through the chamber."We've arrived at your flat Sarah."Sluice stood up. "Thankyou. I'm just going to pop in and get my League communicator, you can show me how to configure the frequency with my helmet or... whatever it was you said, and then could you take me and Fellwyd to the League Court of Great Britain?""No problem. I'll be waiting here. Don't take too long though."It turned out 'here' was the park located just in front of the apartment building where Sluice lived. It was mostly bare grass with trees lining the side; Esp had landed quite conspicuously in its centre. Sluice wondered why when she remembered that Esp's cloaking abilities weren't working, so if she remained here too long someone, be it Police or a local hero, might mistake her for some kind of threat. You couldn't blame them for that kind of trigger-happiness; the world had just come out of an alien invasion after all.The boarding ramp lowered onto the green, and Sluice stood at its apex."Fellwyd, I am just going into my home to get something, and then I'll come back and we will take you to the League. Do you want to come with me?" She reasoned that the alien might be interested in observing a human dwelling... Edited by Kumata

IC: "For the record, I agree with Longshot on that one. You gotta have some fun every now and then, at least when you're not in imminent danger." Plasmafire shrugged, chuckling to himself.

IC: Nagafire laughed and shook his head. "Don't worry, we're not Klingons here! Supervillains don't eat nasty food, we just eat regular stuff!" He put a sandwich on a paper plate and walked into Dreamcatchers cell. "Oh, wait... Shoot, this'll be interesting... If I untie you, can I trust you to not take off your blindfold?"

IC: "We need to track down someone named Elliot at the DA's office." Magneta replied. "And we'd better get there fast, before the speedster does."

IC(Fellwyd): "It would likely be better than simply waiting, due to the change in scenery." Actually, Fellwyd mainly wanted to go to get away from the passive-aggressive hologram, but he wasn't about to go and mention that.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:Kaname turned to X-caliber, "Hey I was wondering..never mind." Without much more words Kaname jumped into the hole after Longshot, Fade and Plasmafire.he had gotten to the bottom when he heard a small crash. Walking a short distance he found them and without much else just followed them. Why in the world does it feel like I seen this before? no no..not this place more like this situation...maybe it's just me.

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

Actually, Fellwyd mainly wanted to go to get away from the passive-aggressive hologram

OOC: If I've left this impression then that puts my mind at rest as to whether I've been portraying Esp's personality correctly. :biggrin:IC: Sluice and Fellwyd departed Esp, the boarding ramp closing up behind them. The area was quite quiet and they saw hardly any people as they crossed the park and entered the apartment building. They ascended in the elevator and reached the door of Sluice's flat. Using her keys (which thankfully hadn't strayed from her pocket during her underwater battling) Sluice unlocked the door and showed Fellwyd inside.She gave a little start as she noticed the back of an unknown man's head, engrossed in a book, but she quickly relaxed. She wasn't the only resident of this flat - she shared it with a solo hero named Photon - so her mind arrived at the logical conclusion that the man was an associate of his."Hello!" She said in a friendly manner, walking around to face the man...OOC: Shame Sluice isn't more suspicious or she could have gotten the drop on X-Blade, what with his back facing the door. Edited by Kumata

IC(Fellwyd): Given the manner in which Sluice greeted the man, Fellwyd assumed that his presence wasn't unwelcome, so he waited just inside of the door for them to get through with any normal social interaction and move onto the business of retrieving the thing they'd come to this place to retrieve. In the first couple of seconds, Fellwyd looked around the flat, taking about half of everything in. He didn't care much for the decor - not enough plants.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Yeah...thats actually bad sorta lol.IC:X-Blade heard the door open and a 'hello', he slowly turned his head noticing someone else in in the doorway while none other than his target walked closer. "Hello, it's a pleasure to finally meet you." He stood still holding the book in his hands, "I have to say you have a very good taste in books, this one I like."he turned to face her, his clothing and mask giving off a very oppressive presence. "Oh i'm sorry, the name is X-Blade."

Edited by Kenpachi Zaraki

odstreflect.png

IC: Sluice took in X-Blade's appearance; burned face, shock of white hair, black-and-white supersuit. Going by his name and appearance she thought that he was probably one of these '' kind of heroes who looked more menacing than some villains. There had been a lot of them running around in the 90s."I'm good thankyou, X-Blade. I'm Sluice, although it seems as if you know me already. Are you one of Photon's friends..?"

Edited by Kumata

IC(Fellwyd): While this whole conversation was going on - and, as far as the alien could tell, going perfectly normally - Fellwyd just sort of stood there by the door, awkwardly waving his hands in the air. He didn't want to look bored, even if he was, so he just stood there, waving his hands around. A human forced to go through this little ritual might find themselves vaguely wanting to beat whoever had come up with the Diemawr system of politeness with a large gold brick, perhaps with a lemon wrapped around it, but the whole thing was so normal to Fellwyd that it wasn't even uncomfortable anymore.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Drawing that pic of Sluice has put me in a drawing mood. So here's Surge & Nihilo!

Surge.pngNihilo.png

More on the way!IC: As she spoke to X-Blade, Sluice had noticed Fellwyd's movements out of the corner of her eye. She was utterly at a loss as to what he was doing, and planned to ask him once she'd finished her conversation with the visitor...

Edited by Kumata

IC:X-Blade shook his head, "Actually I'm a old old friend of Mentor's, he told me a little about you, and said that you were a Water Type of Hero. I just thought of testing you to see if My powers actually can match ones like yours, so i came out here to meet with you." If anything, his yellow eyes were strange too..Of course X-Blade knew what his powers could do, but he placed the helmet that had a strange white symbol, "And trust me, you two are part of the five who has seen my current face." He brought out a massive black-white Gear-Key-Blade looking thing from where he sat."There is no harm done with this gesture, I just want to see if the stories that I heard about you were true, One on One." he was asking for nothing more than a practice match. Actually, i dont think I'll Kill her..that old Hero in me is saying not too.

odstreflect.png

OOC: I'm going to pretend that Fade is actually in his normal apartment with Longshot over for coffee when this happens. :biggrin:

OOC: This is, of course, a scenario that could actually happen. :P Actually, it seems like it'd be a great setup for a sitcom, albeit a sitcom where the whacky misunderstandings lead to the characters trying to kill each other.IC:"Yeah... but try not to have 'a little fun' at the expense of a guys childhood home, m'kay?" Fade asked as he stepped down the stairs."If yeh think about it, it's nah really your home," said Longshot. "Just tha' home of someone who happened ta' be exactly like you... 'cept fer the fact I wanna kill him, of course.""So, yeah. Exactly like me, then," Fade said. "It's still a little close for comfort, though."He reached the bottom of the stairs, straining to see in the darkness."Plas, a little light?" he asked. "There's not likely to be any power in this place, so we'll need to force the entrance open ourselves once we find it."---"Well, I won't hold up your investigations any longer than I already hav-" Mystic said, stopping as she sensed another person approaching. She turned as they stepped forwards. "Yes? Who are you, and what do you want?"OOC: Rakata, the people there would me Magneta, Surge, Mystic and Skyra.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: "I don't know if this is the best time, sorry," said Sluice, after a moment's delay. She'd been a little taken aback by the idea that she was actually spoken about in tones of respect within the League. She thought the only things people would have to say about her would be regarding the Ikusen Sakeme incident. She had been on the crew of heroes who invaded the Armada Mothership several weeks back, so maybe that was it."My... friend, here," Sluice continued, gesturing towards Fellwyd - and pausing again for a moment as she tried to figure out why he was waving his arms around. "Er, I was going to take him to the League, to help him with something. I'm not sure how long it'll take. Um, if you give me your number though I wouldn't mind a practise match later. I'll get the number for this flat, hang on." She made her way towards Photon's bedroom, still operating under the assumption that he had been the one to let X-Blade in...

Edited by Kumata

IC:X-Blade just stared, if he was making a face it couldnt be seen because of the Mask, so there was no way she could have seen the smile on his face, "Well...that is unfortunate..." he placed the sword on his shoulder and started pacing,It would be a very big problem if I let them go, after all the League should think I'm dead...well thats kinda true. X-Blade was stuck thinking for the moment, "I can see that your busy, but c/mon, let a very Old Man have a little fun eh?" his voice was cold, and empty.

odstreflect.png

OOC: There's also a CIA agent drinking coffee. There's always a CIA agent drinking coffee.IC(Fellwyd): "Is it... customary, for people to be challenged to duels upon entering their homes?"If this was how life worked for people with homes on this planet, Fellwyd was thinking he might go ahead and stick to Cardiff bay.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: "No, Fellwyd, this is a bit of an, um, odd occurrence. X-Blade, I'm sorry, but Fellwyd here does need my help. I'll probably be free by this afternoon though," Sluice called back as she moved into the bedroom. "Hey, Photon, do you know the phone number for the flat-"She stopped. The bedroom was empty. She moved to the kitchen area, then the bathroom, then her own bedroom. All empty. She returned to the living area, suspicion gnawing at her mind. In her usual polite manner, however, she kept it out of her features."How - how did you get in here exactly..?"

Edited by Kumata

IC:A shapeshifter could prove useful; if they could locate where Danielle Thomas was being held, she could infiltrate the facility. Of course, that required them to actually locate her first. Perhaps the lead with Skyra's captured friend could provide them with the information they needed, but at the moment it was a plan best saved for later."I may have a mission for you in the future, Misteri. I will remember your name for later," Mystic said. "In the meantime, I believe Magneta and Surge are in the midst of an investigation of their own. I'm sure they would appreciate the assistance."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Magneta smiled, motioning for Surge to wait as she adressed Anias. "The more the merrier! If you'd like, I think we could use some help.Besides, the recruits need to learn how we conduct investigations here, eh Surge? " She asked playfully, winking at him in reference to the earlier almost-fiasco.IC: Plasmafire nodded and waved his hand, an orb of plasma appearing in the air. It was smaller than the ones he'd used previously, but he quickly condensed it to a more compact shape, intensifying both the light and heat coming off of it. "A bunch of superheroes versus one door? I think we can handle it."

IC (Surge): "Yeah, I haven't really done anything undercover in a while." said Surge, his form of solid light glowing. He then turned to Mystic. "Do you have a harness or something I could use to carry both of them? Solid light tends to be kinda slippery."

IC:"I... did not think to bring my harness with me today. Terribly sorry," Mystic said, honestly not anticipating the question. "However, if you require any other assistance in your investigations, feel free to contact me. I'm quite busy on a mission of my own, but if you need information I'll be happy to provide."---Now that he could see a little better, Fade made his way over to an abandoned, dust-coated workbench bolted into the wall. He felt along the inside, tapping a small button concealed underneath. A few empty clicks, then it became clear that the entrance simply wasn't going to open."The facility has its own power source; that way no one would the odd power drains during the Superconductor tests," said Fade. "But either the generator is out completely or its operating on low power. Either way, not enough to let us in."Nah a problem," said Longshot, loading an arrow with on the end into her crossbow, a large canister attached to the end with the word "BOOM" scrawled on it. "Jus' show me the entrance an' I'll get us in!""...Actually, let's hold off on that. An explosion down here's liable to bring down the house... and a couple hundred tons of ice and snow with it," said Fade. "Kaname, any chance you could give this thing a quick jolt? Just enough to get the lift working..."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.