To Save The World!

IC (Surge): "Well, I wasn't asking for yours specifically, I was asking if there was one somewhere I could use. BUT! As there isn't, I suppose we shall have to make do with hanging on for dear life. Or rope, we could do something with rope. WAIT!" Surge here walked over to the large hunk of metal they transported Dylan in. "Maybe Magenta could whip something up with this! Just something to keep you two from flying off, hitting the ground at a hundred miles an hour, and breaking every bone in your body. That's all."

Edited by King Joe

OOC: Sorry about the gap - holiday preparations keep everyone here busy.NPC: Around this time Dylan Eisling stirred, having been knocked unconscious by the ceiling of the metal hunk of junk he was rattled in (largely, it seemed to him, for the amusement of his captors - that had to violate some kind of civil right). He was not a pretty sight, and the smell was even worse - absolute terror and severe nausea seemed to have taken their toll. He stared up for a while, as if unsure which way up was, then took a deep breath, opened his mouth and screamed.NPC: Ultionis got up. He'd wasted enough time brooding. He would apologize for his outburst, explain the circumstances that lead to it and put the whole mess behind him. Hopefully next time they would have a somewhat more thought-out plan and the scenario wouldn't be repeated, but that was a consideration for later. For now he left the coffee shop and began making his way back to the League mansion. Hopefully they would at least hear him out.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC:"I... uh... I... do not actually own a harness..." Mystic mumbled quietly. It was a little hard to denote sarcasm when your voice rarely deviated from its normal proper tone.Thankfully, the others were distracted from her limited social skills by the sudden presence of a screaming man. Mystic focused her attention into his mind, attempting to bring enough soothing thoughts into his psyche to calm him down."Listen... Mr. Thomas? It's okay, you can calm down," she said. "You requested protection from the League? I can provide it for you."[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

NPC: The psychic soothing seemed to be doing its job. The criminal calmed down considerably, though he seemed a bit dull in the wits as a result. "Uh... huh? Right. Pertection." Then the fear started pushing back at the memory. "You gotta help me, the guy's a psycho!"H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC:"Yes, I heard all about this speedster of yours," Mystic said. "Try not to worry. There are dozens of superheroes in this building at any one time. We can easily arrange protection for you until he is apprehended."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

NPC: "I'll tell you right now, I dunno who he is. He just showed up, beat me around and started asking questions. When I didn't answer him, he broke my hand." The hand in question wasn't in great shape after having been jostled about like that. In fact it looked a good deal worse than it had before the heroes got to him...H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC:"Don't worry about it. The League has a well-equipped medical center here, we can get that arm treated in no time," Mystic said. "In the meantime, I'll see to it we get some of our best people working on guarding you, okay?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

NPC: "Yeah... Yeah... An' my arm... Was it that purple before?" For that matter there was a lot of purple showing up on him - bruises, by the look of it. Maybe that ride had been a bad idea. There was a particularly nasty bump on his head that had not been there when Magneta first got to him.NPC: Ultionis approached the mansion and spotted Mystic, along with a few others he didn't recognize. He shook his head a bit, sighed, straightened up and started walking purposefully toward her. He didn't exactly look like the picture of penance - more like a man about to do something unpleasant but necessary, and used to doing that sort of thing without complaint.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC:"I'm afraid I had no idea. I wasn't there, you see," Mystic said, at the same time psychically sending out a firm and clear message to Surge and Magneta: I don't know what you did, I can't prove if you even did it, but you will not do it again if you know what's good for you.Suddenly, she detected Ultonis walking up, and sighed heavily. Mystic turned to walk over to him."...Hold on, everyone. There's something I've got to deal with."[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Oh, lovely. He's just going to march up and interrupt the whole thing to save some face. This is why Ultionis is so much fun.IC(Mr. No-One): His coffee more-or-less finished, the spook had wandered around a bit, eventually ending up more-or-less outside, where a more-or-less purple man was more-or-less screaming his purple head off. He didn't say anything to interrupt the event - everyone looked quite busy - so he was happy to just stand still and observe the mess. After the man had calmed down, the G-man came marching up, looking like he'd just swallowed something rather sharp and live. This, the agent thought, was bound to get uncomfortable. Oh well.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

NPC: Ultionis stopped in front of Mystic and spoke up immediately. "Before you say anything, I'm sorry I exploded. You didn't deserve that. I assure you it won't happen again, and I do not intend to let my personal feelings get in the way of the mission." He cleared his throat, seeming a bit awkward. He wasn't used to apologizing. "Just thought you ought to know."(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC:Mystic was silent for a few moments, looking utterly emotionless. In those few seconds, how she might have reacted next was a complete mystery to everyone, possibly even herself."...Very well. Provided you can promise no more outbursts like before, you may continue to assist this investigation," she finally said. "Now, you may face a bit of an uphill battle in convincing the others to work with you, however. I suspect they might not be as willing to forgive you as I am. If you will excuse my honestly for just a moment... if it weren't for the good of the mission, I'm not quite sure even I would have forgiven you."---Hivemind skipped down the hall, occasionally poking her head through doorways to see what was going on. She’d dodged a plasma orb from Negafire - and had been perfectly content to leave him to explain why he’d left a burnt hole in the hallway by the cell block - and had spent her time since wandering aimlessly through the corridors of the Coalition’s base. She’d prefer to be back in the comfort of her own home doing research, but... well, she honestly didn’t know where the hangar was. She wasn’t even sure where she was. The base was big and Hivemind could never be bothered to acquaint herself with its layout.So she was amusing herself in the time until she eventually found a hangar with a working tiltrotor. Hivemind figured she’d find someone else to bother, possibly enough that they’d be eager to give her directions to the nearest exit. At least, that was the plan until she rounded a corner and saw a face she never enjoyed running into.“Why, hello Hivemind,” sneered Dare. “How was your mission, then?”“Oh, fantastic. We made the world a better place to be a bad person in, all in a day’s work,” muttered Hivemind. “So, don’t you have anything better do? You got any friends? A particularly evil goldfish you have to feed?”“Oh, believe me, I get no enjoyment out of seeing you- gah!” Dare’s body involuntarily twitched out of shock. “Anyway... I’m here to deliver a message.”“Oh... goodie...” Hivemind slouched against a wall, looking bored.“In case you’ve forgotten, the only reason at all anyone in the Coalition cares you exist is because for some - no doubt completely sensible and logical (gah!) - reason, our leaders chose you to wrangle in members who have left our fold,” said Dare. “Now, I can be completely honest in saying that you have been astoundingly lacking in your execution of this duty. But, I have a target the Coalition would much appreciate remains on our side: Tornado.”Hivemind’s response was a blank, apathetic stare.“...Should that name mean something to me?”“You never paid attention in history class, did you?” asked Dare, shaking his head sadly. “Tornado was one of the best heroes there was, from before the League even existed. He could bring the full force of nature itself down upon the forces of darkness, raining destruction down on the criminal element... literally, actually.”“Cool story. What does it have to do with me?”“Well, it was all a lie, of course. Tornado was never a great here; well, maybe for a time he was, but then he got greedy. He started to wonder if he’d thrown his lot in with the wrong side... and that was where we stepped in,” Dare explained. “Doctor Danger made him an offer: Tornado would maintain his facade, but funnel information on the activities of superheroes back to the Coalition. It was an offer too good to be true: no matter which side won the battle, Tornado would come out on top.“And it worked... for a while. But as the heroes grew more organized, as the League started to pull itself together, it was harder to hide his espionage. So, as suspicion started to grow, Tornado announced his retirement from heroism. We sent him off to one of our training facilities out in the Himalayas, where he could let the rest of the world forget he’d ever existed.“Then, several months ago, the training base was destroyed. We still don’t know who it was or how they did it, but we know they must have worked with the League. All our operatives were taken into custody, but before he could be taken into custody Tornado managed to escape. We have reason to believe he’s taken refuge in his mansion in England; probably under an assumed name to prevent the League from finding him.”“So you want me to go to his place and drag him back, huh?” asked Hivemind. “Well, I’ve already done one kidnapping recently, might as well make it a twofer...”“We’d prefer you keep things a little low key actually, unless you have no other choice. Really, Tornado isn’t particularly useful on his own; otherwise we’d have never stuck him in Tibet,” said Dare. “But he’s been sitting on a treasure-trove of info on the Coalition for years, and he’s already sold himself out once. We believe if he has no other choice, he’ll attempt use those secrets as a bargaining chip for League protection.”“...And nothing’s more likely to push him over into their camp than a massive Coalition attack on his pad, right?”“Yes. We need someone to approach him more conversationally, convince him to see the benefits of staying on our side,” Dare replied. “You know... because you’re have such excellent speaking skills- Gah!Hivemind paused, thinking it over.“...I don’t have any say in this, do I?”“Well, you can always say no,” said Dare, “but that would mean you’d disobeyed a direct order from your superiors.”“...Fine,” Hivemind muttered as she turned to walk away. “I’ll go get your stupid weatherman back... god, it’s like i have to do everything around here...[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

NPC: Ultionis nodded. "Truth be told, I wasn't asking to be forgiven. I'd rather live with my mistakes. I just hope we can concentrate on the good of the mission rather than our personal rivalries for a while. If we pull this off and get Ms. Thomas back, we can go our seperate ways."(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC:"Indeed," Mystic nodded as she spoke. "I'm not one to let grudges get in the way of a mission. Especially not one as important as this."She turned her attention back towards Surge and Magneta."We uncovered some new information while you were gone. Nothing that will bring us directly us to Miss Thomas, but there are some promising leads," she said just before stepping away. "I'll tell you all about it in a moment. There's just something I have to deal with first..."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

NPC: "Sure thing," Ultionis replied, and started to turn back to his ride, when he caught sight of Dylan Eisling and the heroes bringing him in. "What happened to him? Looks like someone dropped him in a metal box and shook him around." (H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC (Surge): Surge grinned sheepishly. "That's, well, that's sorta what happened. I don't think there would have been a better way to transport him though. But then again I'm completely new to working with the League. I could use all the help I could get."

IC:With that crisis mercifully dealt with, Mystic moved on to deal with the other. She marched up to Magneta and Surge, the glow of her eyes flaring just slightly brighter with anger. She stopped in front of them and spoke, loud and clearly with just a hint of displeasure:"Glove cycle. Sale inertia warp advertisement meantime potato, lamp inaccuracy middle phoenix guilt introduction. Producer misprint check impact..."Of course, she wasn't actually intending to say that. That was just how it was coming out. She'd used her powers to switch up the part of Surge's, Magneta's, and her own mind that processed language. To anyone else it sounded like complete gibberish - and rightfully so - but as Magenta and Surge were on the same wavelength as her mentally, they would interpret her words with the correct meaning. It was just a simple, easily reversible precaution to avoid eavesdropping; she could prevent the others from hearing with her powers too, but this approach ensured that anyone trained to resist psychic influence would be unable to listen in without her permission. She didn't know what had happened with Dylan, and wasn't about to shame these two if she was mistaken. As Surge and Magneta heard her - although they might be a bit confused by the fact her lips did not match her words - she was saying this:"Listen closely. I don't know just how Mr. Eisling wound up in this state, and for your sake I'm not going to ask. I don't know what you were thinking. Maybe you thought his lips light loosen a little if you roughed him up a bit first. We all had our own little rules of the game back when we were still solo. But remember that you are members of the League of Salvation. We have rules, and I will not stand for those rules being broken. I will not abide any of our own abusing a suspect, am I clear?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC:Kaname cracked his knuckles, "I think I can cook up some volts...how about this.." he seemed to find what looked like a small terminal to open the door. Placing his hand at where the power circuit should be he let quite a bit of electricity into it. "Alright then, anyone know how it opens?"-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------X-Blade had stepped right into Slucie's face when she turned around after looking for this 'Photon' "I think thats classified Information, but really, Mentor has talked about you before to me in person a while back. AND these files that I bought is what told me where to find you."She was within the boundaries, all he needed was to see her powers. "Listen, I'm in a little rush, I wouldnt suggest to ask questions that would take longer, Yes I'm sure you Really Really need to help your friend out but....I really really want to test my capacity against you."He held his sword at her friend, "I'm sure that in this situation, it would be bettre to listen to me, who you have no idea what kind of powers I have, so i would suggest that neither one of you try to run or attack me."he stepped back five feet and tugged at her shoulder with his blade, "To the rooftop: Now."

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

OOC: Next up we have another good/evil pair, Plasmafire and Negafire!

PlasmafireNegafire.png

IC: Sluice was quickly realising the sinister nature of this 'X-Blade', League heroes didn't tend to break into others' houses and pester them for a fight. But there was something about his oddly polite manner that didn't quite fit with what she would have expected from a villain. X-Blade had made it clear that he wanted a fight badly enough to threaten Sluice and Fellwyd; if she continued refusing then he would probably attack her anyway. So if a fight was inevitable then Sluice reasoned that she might as well take him up on his offer to move to the rooftop and avoid taking damage to her flat."Alright, alright," she nodded. "I am sorry Fellwyd, but it seems that this man will not wait." She reached to the back of her neck, pulling the goggles up and over her face. Then she left the flat with X-Blade and Fellwyd, locking the door behind her, and motioned to the lift at the end of the hallway."That will take us up on the roof..."

Edited by Kumata

OOC: I don't remember ever posting any updated character sheets for myself, so I'll get on that!Real Name: Timothy (Last name unknown, yeah let's go with that)Alias: SilverAppearance: Long grey hooded cloak, which hides most of his features from view. It was revealed that Silver was actually only a 21 year old young man who wore glasses, caucasian in appearance with black hair and deep brown eyes. After this was revealed, Silver took to leaving his hood down for once.Power: Psychic and Invisibility, with a wide array of mental abilities that include:- Average level of telekinetic, telepathic and very random precognitive ability- Psychic Blast (a wall-like blast of mental energy)- Psychic Wristblade (curved blades of energy from his wrists)- Psychic Buzzsaw (Whirling rounded blades that are directed through the air)- Psychic Flight (a more recent addition, likely a form of very advanced self-telekinetic focusing)- Psychic Orb (another recent addition, these unstable orbs explode violenty upon contact after being thrown)- Psychic Nova (an expanding dome, essentially a psychic blast but 360 degree's of effect)Silver's invisibility however is nothing special, simply becoming invisible to all visual spectrum's. However, to another invisible being he shows up like under a fluro light: this invisible state is neither silent or weightless.Allegiance: Former Solo Hero, now a member of the League of SalvationArea: AustraliaBio: Silver had his powers since he was born, but he managed to keep them secret all his life. His parents were killed when he was about 14 years old, in a house explosion when he was away. He then took on the identity of Silver, as his family was gone and he had nothing left of his old life. He has since then spent his time saving people in need in the cities of Australia, and no longer ventured as his own self: in his mind Tim had died the same night as his family. He lived homelessy for almost a decade before an apparent kidnapping attempt went arwy and he was transported to a base in the Nevada desert, where he met Sluice for the first time. She became his first and only friend in years, and he got understandably attached as a result.The Technax Invasion, which came about in part because of Silver's half alien heritage, sent what little of a life he had down the tube. His feelings were exploited and after being beaten senseless, he was brought upon the Mothership to be tortured. Despite a valiant rescue by heroes of the League and allies, Silver stubbornly abided by his plan to destroy the Mothership's planet-destroying weapon personally, being caught in the heart of the explosion that would consume the ship. Earth was saved, but at great cost to someone who had already lost so much: with this event the Epsilion (Esp) AI and craft fell into Sluice's ownership, at Silver's wishes more than anything.Real Name: MitchAlias: DarknessAppearance: Long black, torn and tattered cloak. As a twisted version of Silver, Darkness appears as a scarred and (unfortunatly) more physically attractive version of Silver, with a more spiked hairstyle and a badboy look.Power: Psychic, Invisibility, Dark Matter with a wide array of mental abilities that include:- Average level of telekinetic, telepathic and very random precognitive ability- Psychic Blast (a wall-like blast of mental energy)- Psychic Wristblade (curved blades of energy from his wrists)- Psychic Buzzsaw (Whirling rounded blades that are directed through the air)- Psychic Nova (an expanding dome, essentially a psychic blast but 360 degree's of effect)As Silver's, his invisibility however is nothing special, simply becoming invisible to all visual spectrum's. However, to another invisible being he shows up like under a fluro light: this invisible state is neither silent or weightless. Darkness is also uniquely not even truly human, composed of a semi-liquid, semi-solid black goop that can only be labelled as "Dark Matter". This Dark Matter composition essentially gives Darkness immortality, in the fact that any lethal action only seems to return him to a goopy state which will reform. It's origin is unknown, as is Darkness himself, as it doesn't seem possible for a psychic to force another personality from themselves, only for it to form a seperate being entirely.Allegiance: Solo VillianArea: AustraliaBio: Though Darkness only gained a body recently, he has existed within Silver for years. Silver's particular moral judgement suppressed his darker thoughts repeatedly, forming an almost split personality entirely: one that was nothing but the darker thoughts given voice. Still, the suppression of Silver's mind was greater than Darkness could overcome.... but as his life took a tragic turn, more and more oppotunities to creep to the surface appeared, and he took every oppotunity to try and wrest full control of the body for himself. Eventually, this resulted in an all out offensive that threatened to drive Silver insane, and through methods unknown Darkness was forcibily expelled from the psychic's body: only to form into his own twisted version of an "Anti-Silver". Naturally, he had a penchant for supervilliany and women, and went on to cause as much trouble as possible.After the untimely explosion of his possibly-insane-yet-still-hot sort-of-girlfriend Rush, Darkness was recruited to take down one of Technax's factories on Earth: a task he spent most of the time bickering and insulting Hivemind, who was totally not in his league of hotness by a longshot. Making off with part of an Inferno Walker's mainframe, which surely holds a wealth of information, he soon fell into a deep depression: he could not longer sense Silver, his "better half", and that could only mean death.... death that SHOULD have been at Darkness's hand! Feeling like only half a person without someone's life to ruin, he's taken to drinking: considering he was already an alcholic, it's not pretty.Mastermind/Mother Russia IC later, I swear =3

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

OOC: Okay, I'm going to assume that currently Surge if he speaks will speak in understandable gibberish too. IC (Surge): "Pizza ring hedgehog fly garbanzo legume peanut car...." And this seemingly gibberish speak went on for a while. However, translated in their heads, it sounded like this: "Sorry, we were just transporting him. He was in a sort of car thing. We weren't going to lay a finger on him I swear! Some of the stuff is stuff he did to himself freaking out about the speedster. Which, if I remember correctly, is most likely on his way to the DA's office. Weren't we supposed to beat him there?"

OOC: That'd be a correct assumption. The implication was that since Mystic switched their speech processing around to understand her, they'd speak the same way as well.Also, just as a point of clarification, there shouldn't be a "terminal" for Kaname to be accessing. It'd defeat the point of being a secret door if it had a control panel just anyone could find. ;) I'm just gonna say he's charging something else and carry on.IC:Fade should hope he knew how to work this thing; he'd done it all before, after all. He tapped the button under the workbench, and this time it worked. A large circular section of the floor depressed slightly, and a small panel slid open, a pair of controls extending outwards. Fade stepped away from the workbench and onto the circular platform."Alright, there should still be enough power running in the system to keep the lift running," he said. "Everybody get onboard, we're going down."---Mystic was silent, but the look of suspicion still remained on her face. She was reading Surge's aura, and she had to admit it didn't seem like he was trying to lie. There was a hint of guilt about him though, although it could have been simple guilt over accidentally causing Dylan's injuries. Mystic was choosing to hold back on her response, waiting for Magneta to give her explanation first.---"i... uh... excuse me..." Hivemind asked, sounding uncharacteristically timid and nervous. The moment didn't last. "Does anybody in this useless place know where the blasted hangar is? Thank you for your cooperation..."Hivemind rounded a corner, coming to another hallway she was sure she'd walked down five times before. Just because she had a mission didn't mean she miraculously had knowledge of how to get to to her destination. Her goal was the same as before, just with the added bonus that her bosses would probably kill her if she didn't do it. Of course, she could always have asked Dare where the tiltrotor hangars were - she knew for a fact he couldn't lie about it - but she didn't want to give him even the slightest bit of satisfaction. Besides, sooner or later she'd run out of space in the base to wander about, so she was bound to come across the hangar eventually.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

William Elliott woke up… or at least he felt like he woke up. But whether he opened or closed his eyes, there didn’t seem to be a difference. Everything was pitch-black. A voice, dark as the room and with a metallic edge, startled him into looking around. “William Elliott,” it said. “You hired Dylan Eisling to kidnap and murder seven people. You intentionally kept him out of prison so he wouldn’t talk. What do you have to say for yourself?”There was a brief ripping sound and a pained sensation around William’s lips – duct tape. He hadn’t even realized he was gagged. And now he tried to move, he could feel his arms and legs bound as well. “What is this? Who are you? Where have you tak-“He didn’t get a chance to finish, as something impacted with his gut, driving all the wind from his lungs. As he struggled for breath, the metal-edged voice spoke again. “I ask the questions here.” Another impact followed immediately, this time to his knee- and much harder. So hard that there was a cracking noise and William screamed as the pain shot up his leg. He was silenced with what felt like the back of a hand with armored knuckles smacking into his jaw. “Now tell me who you’re working for. I want names. All your associates. Everything.”William was silent for a while, save for heavy, labored breathing as he tried not to move his knee. “I… demand to see my lawyer.” This did not go over well with whoever was beating him – immediately there was another sharp impact on his other knee and again he screamed over the sound of a kneecap shattering. Another blow to the face shut him up.William tried to think through the thunderclouds of pain in his mind. There was no way anyone could know about that. He was one of the most well-connected men in office. He would have known instantly if any policeman or superhero was authorized to interrogate Dylan Eisling, there wasn’t even an arrest warrant. Unless… Unless whoever this was didn’t care that he would be interrogating a man with no convictions and no jail time.Apparently he was silent for too long. His assailant hit him in the gut again, hard. The man with the steel voice spoke again. “The names. Now.”“You have no evidence-“ Before he could finish, he felt a gloved hand close over the little finger of his own right hand and squeeze. At first this seemed like nothing, but then the heat began to rise. It went quickly from uncomfortable to painful and continued on, until the pain became unbearable and he started screaming again. He felt like someone had plunged that finger into an inferno. In a few moments the smell of burning flesh filled the air. He screamed and screamed until suddenly the pain stopped – like he could no longer feel anything in that finger. He was suddenly glad he couldn’t see it.There was a sudden, blinding light in front of him, and he shut his eyes tight. A wave of heat followed immediately. After several agonizing seconds his eyes finally seemed to adjust to the light and he stared. Before him was a gloved hand with metal knuckles, wreathed in fire that lit up the room, if dimly. And it lit up the face before him. “You have no idea how much pain I have left to give you.”William stared. “But- I know you! You’re with the League! You're-“ The next words were lost in an agonized scream.H-D

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: Gotta say, loving the Plasmafire/Negafire drawing!

IC: Plasmafire nodded and stepped gingerly onto the lift. It was an old one, and he didn't want it giving out on him.

IC: Magneta bit her lip and turned a little red as she nodded. When she spoke, it sounded like gibberish to everyone else, but within the circle it made sense. "It's basicly as Surge said. When he freaked out, I attempted to restrain him, which may have accidently caused some damage... But we didn't intentionally hurt him, I swear! I promised him he'd be safe with us..."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:Kaname also stepped into the Lift after then, careful to keep his power running through to keep it running. "You know? I read in books that sometimes the bad guys did some thing to one of the heroes, and when they get to a certain place the Villian just happens to show up I think it would suck if that happened before we used the Machine."---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------X-Blade kind of nudged them into the lift and said, "Don't worry, I wont kill you." he was as emotionless as he could ever be.he spun his weapon like a top and said, "Can you tell me why it seems that the League is hiring a bunch of kids these days? I mean i'm not saying your a kid, just asking."

odstreflect.png

William stared. “But- I know you! You’re with the League! You're-“

OOC: If this guy is a character we've already seen, then I think I know who it might be. :rolleyes:Glad you like the drawings Korkoa! :biggrin: Next up is Mystic!
Mystic.png

IC: "The League is hiring new members all the time. It makes sense that the new recruits would be younger, doesn't it?" Replied Sluice. There was a certain hardness to her voice.The lift chimed and they were at the roof. The three of them stepped out onto the gravelly surface, a blanket of grey clouds hanging overhead."What exactly are you asking of me, then?" Said Sluice. "You don't want to kill me, but you want to fight me. Why?"IC: Around one of the Coalition HQ's many corridor junctions came Gap. She was wearing an inquisitive expression, apparently having heard Hivemind's frustrated call for assistance."Oh, hello. I can warp you to the hangar, if you want..."OOC: Wasn't sure if that was a call for PC interaction CoKK. If not Gap'll leave Hivemind at the hangar.

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Cool job on Mystic! :biggrin:IC:"I don't need books. I know all about that kinda thing," said Fade. "And maybe if we don't talk about it, it won't happen. We can hope."The group gathered together on the lift, and Fade tapped the buttons on the controls in just the right order. The panel slid back into the wall, and slowly the lift began to descend with a worrisome creeping. For a few moments they were surrounded in darkness... until finally they were lowered down into a secondary chamber, concealed safely just underneath the house.It was a circular chamber, close to fifty feet wide in every direction. Fluorescent lights were suspended in a ring along the sloping sides of the ceiling, a few occasionally blinking on as they attempted to restore power. Their faint, flickering light shone down on rows and rows of shelves and workbenches, a scattering of assorted weaponry lying half-assembled atop it. Larger projects could be seen further back in the room, covered underneath sheets; the Supercharger no doubt one of them. Sadly, Fade had to admit this lab was actually in better condition than the one on his side; in this universe he'd never gotten into a fight with a rampaging supervillain down here, after all."Alright, spread out everybody," said Fade. "The Supercharger ought to be down here somewhere..."---Mystic stood silently, trying to sense out any hint that either of them were lying. She could try and see what their memories said on the subject, but she was trying to respect their privacy to a reasonable degree; besides, Mystic knew better how fallible something like memory could be. Still, there was no concrete proof of any wrongdoing, so she was going to let the issue slide for now."Very well. Your story appears to check out. But if I find you've been involved in another incident like this, I will not hesitate to report it," she said, shifting their speech back to normal. "I'd best let you get back to your investigation, then..."---Hivemind spun around at the sound of Gap's voice."Ah... Gap! Just the lady-who-can-also-teleport I was looking for!" she said enthusiastically. "Say, you know where... uh... England is, right? It's just... well, I could kinda use a ride..."She fumbled with a piece of paper in her pocket. Despite the generally crumpled up state a set of coordinates marked on a map were still visible."It's around hereish... I'd could always just take a tiltrotor, but a wormhole would be way faster, y'know?" Hivemind explained. "Plus, I'm not sure the bosses will trust me with a tiltrotor seeing how the last one I flew had a completely unanticipated run-in with the ground..."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

NPC: Ultionis blinked. "Uh, what was that?" He'd just heard them spend about a minute spouting out completely random words with no discernible pattern or means of recognition. Stranger yet, none of them seemed confused, and Mystic walked out looking troubled and saying something about reporting them. Answers would be nice at this point.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Gap had also been aimlessly wandering the base, though unlike Hivemind she had actually been trying to get acquainted with its layout - that way she could create wormholes leading to any part of it. Not wanting to seem without anything to do however, she considered Hivemind's request with an air of indecision."Hm... all right, but I can't take you to that exact spot. I can generally only go to places I've been before. I can take you to within the same city, but that's it..."OOC: Which city are we headed to?

OOC: I'd intended for it to mean Mystic had switched off the voice gibberish after the bit about reporting them, but I was in a rush and probably didn't make it clear enough.IC:"Sorry, that was some League business I'd needed to deal with. It's... just a bit complicated," said Mystic as she walked away from Surge and Magneta. "No bearing on the Danielle Thomas case, don't worry about it."---Hivemind attempted to smooth out the wrinkled map, adjusting her glasses as she read the directions."Alright, looks like my target is a mansion a few kilometers out of Manchester," she said. "If you can get us there, we'll need to procure a vehicle to make it the rest of the way... fortunately I'm very good at that! Ready to go?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire ignited his body and flew down to the far end of the room, taking care not to set anyhing ablaze along the way. When he got there he extinguished the fire surrounding him and began pulling sheets off machines, looking for anything that looked promising...IC: Magneta nodded quickly. "Understood." She turned to Anais, and smiled a little. "Mysteri, was it? You still want to come with us?"

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

NPC: At this point the League communicators in Surge, Magneta et al's ears buzzed. "This is Detective Chief Jona MacTaggart. I've been given temporary authorization to contact you via your League comms, just until this job's over. Have you found Eisling yet? Did he have anything to say?"H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC:Kaname looked around, who knew that yet again, he was going to be in some underground area. Geez, well it made since, he did live underground too after all. Most of this is pretty cool stuff..----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------X-Blade took his position at least twenty feet away. He faced her and said, "It wants really like that in my time. but oh well, like they say time changes people." he hit the roof with his sword hard enough to make several cracks in it."There are many reasons that Villains like me that would tell you things, but really that just makes them look weak..I for one have no reason, i dont need a reason to fight. I just want people to know I'm still alive, using my powers would tell them that.." he held his weapon up and took his stance, "Bring it."It's really a nuance with the other guy here..I dont know his abilities so it could be bad. Behind the mask, cold Yellow eyes looked on blankly.

odstreflect.png

IC(NPC): "YEAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHHH" Mother Russia screamed fiercly as she swung her oversized sickle with the force of a demolition ball, aiming to no less than decapitate Mastermind where he stood. At least, where he had just been standing, for the psychic had stepped just out of her range, the sickle whoosing through the air and sending his cloak fluttering briefly. Snarling she leapt foward, aiming her free fist where he stood but again he darted away, sending her punch into the rocky floor, creating a deep gouge of rock and dirt. "Stay steel little man, so Mother Russia can CRUSH you!"Mastermind just stared at her, silently. Mockingly. Infuriatingly silent.The oversized bear of a woman glanced at her sickle before smashing it deep into the ground, embedding it into the dirt where she could retrieve it later. Cracking her knuckles, which sounded more like turtle shells being ground together, she rushed the psychic again. Mastermind seemed almost bored, predicting each of her moves flawlessy as she attacked, darting away the smallest distance, only for her to attack again and repeat the motion. After several games of this the stadium floor looked like an exploded minefield, but Mastermind had yet to take a hit. Still, MR began to smirk: the psychic had been backed into one of the rounded ends of the battlefield and now had to deal with being trapped between the shield and her. Mastermind gave his surrondings a glance as his opponent advanced on him, merely continuing to stare blankly (presumably, since his face was hidden) as she loomed over him."No where left to run, tiny freak""We'll see" Mastermind smirked beneath his hood, dashing directly upwards and avoided her desperate attempt to grab him. "Can't jump that high?" he was on the verge of laughter, sailing over her head until she leapt upwards a great distance, intent of proving him wrong and crushing him in her hands like putty. It was now Mastermind finally chose to act, seizing Mother Russia's body from her telekintically, and sending her smashing into the sheild protecting the audiance (to both applause and horror, as her dress was thrown up on one side). Letting her smash back to the floor Mastermind landed neatly, starting to approach to toy with her some more before seizing up in place, his aura flaring. A vision of the future had hit him as strong as any attack would, locking him in place as it unfolded before his eyes... and leaving him completely vulnerable.With the combined fury of all Soviet Russia behind her, MR was more wary of approaching the still Mastermind, suspicious of a trap. But when he continued to stand still, he was far too tempting of a target for her to ignore, and she wound up a punch that would level a mountain. Mastermind was still, unresponsive to the approaching doom as the vision played out in his mind, before finally it ended and he blinked back to reality: just in time to see Mother Russia's fist about to connect with his face. The sound of impact was comparable to a building being demolished, chunks of rock and dirt from the ground being flung up into the air from the immediate area as the obscured form of Mastermind's remains tore through the entire length of the stadium floor, the far wall cracked and almost crumbling where he finally stopped... if there was anything left but ex-Mastermind-mush."NO PUNY MAN CAN BEST MOTHER RUSSIA!" the victorious Mother Russia gloated, raising her arms to the crowd, most of whom were cheering: clearly Mastermind's fans felt robbed. The announcer had little problem with this upset, however."Can you believe that everyone? Mother Russia has retained her championship title for the second time, defeating the unbeaten Mastermind with a single mighty punch! I feel sorry for whoever has to clean up what's left of him, I'm not sure our champion allowed anything to remain intact an- hey hold on!"Mother Russia slowly turned from where she'd been stirring up the audiance to Mastermind's tomb, where everyone's attention was now firmly fixed. The settled dust was being stirred again as, somehow, a still intact Mastermind was getting back up from the rubble around him: a previously unseen barrier around his body was pulsing brightly, having shielded him from the attack completely.... but despite the cracks in the shield, he didn't look any worse for wear."Iz not possible! Defending from that would break the mind of any psychic, or keel them outright! Any ordinary psychic should be dead!" Mother Russia exclaimed angrily, feeling robbed. Surely there had to be a necrokinetic interfering with the match, bringing Mastermind back from the grave when he lost.... he couldn't be alive, you couldn't survive that with your mind intact! Though she couldn't tell, underneath his hood Mastermind was smiling maliciously."You are right... any ordinary psychic should be dead.... but I am not your ordinary psychic"OOC: =OAlso, Mastermind's tail design:mastermind_tail.jpgIt's shaped like a depressed snake! 8D

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC:"...And we are GO!" Hivemind said, diving through the tear and letting herself surf across the folds of reality.---Plasmafire's search proved futile at first, just the occasional gutted battlemech or bit of oddly large weaponry. Finally, one sheet slid aside, revealing a claw-shaped device slightly larger than himself. At the base was a large circular platform, a set of controls extending on a pole. Three long prongs extended upwards, intricate machinery lined along the inside of their steel framework. A few dish-shaped emitters lined the prongs, facing inwards towards the center of the machine. The whole thing had a delicate look as if one wrong look might cause it to fall apart, and might have already done so.Meanwhile, Fade pulled aside another sheet, revealing something of a different, but no less familiar nature. A large, egg-shaped pod, the sheet of glass covering the top obscured by a thin layer of frost. Tubes ran in tangles from the base of the pod, connected to two large tanks behind it. Fade wiped some frost aside, revealing a young brown-haired girl curled up inside. She practically looked like she was sleeping.Of course, Fade thought to himself. If he never made it down here, then Isobel never made it out. She'd never gotten a chance for a life outside this room, a chance for anything at all. He'd suspected it all along... but knowing it for sure was something else entirely...[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(Fellwyd): With no idea as to what was actually going on, the alien was just sort of standing off to the side of the two, watching and still awkwardly waving his hands. If this was some sort of ritual of honorable combat, interfering could be detrimental, but if it was just some lunatic challenging people to fights, not interfering might not be an option.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom