To Save The World!

IC: "I don't understand what you mean," said Sluice. "Why do you need to show people that you're alive? Why must you fight to do that?" She wasn't going to be the first to attack this guy; not if there was a chance of resolving matters peacefully. Whatever those matters were. Try as she might, she couldn't really grasp any meaning in his cryptic statements.IC: Gap jumped in after Hivemind and, one journey of swirling blackness later, emerged in the shadow of a tall stone building. Above them was a stained-glass window; they had appeared just outside of Manchester cathedral. Busy roads stood some distance from the cathedral, as well as an array of parked cars."Plenty of vehicles to pick from," said Gap. "And that sign says that there's a bus station not far away, if you don't need to be inconspicuous- oh. Um, what... is the purpose of this mission exactly?" Gap suddenly felt a bit naive, not to have asked already...

IC: Magneta winced at the buzzing sound before speaking into her communicator. "Chief Mac Taggart, This is Magneta. We have found Eisling, but it appears the speedster who broke into your station found him first. We've placed him in protective custody at the League base, it was the only way to get him to talk. We're following up another lead, looking for somebody named Elliot at the DA's office."IC: Plasmafire almost passed the flimsy machine by, but thought it warented a closer look. "Hey... Fade? I think I might have found something!"

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

NPC: Jona sounded confused. "The DA's office? What would they have to do with a criminal like Eisling? Hang on, I'm pulling up the files... There's only one Elliot in the office: Elliot Thomas. Doesn't seem to be anybody important. You sure that's what he said?"H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC:There was a rustling in a nearby tree, and Hivemind dropped down from where she'd landed after getting flung out the wormhole. Brushing a few leaves from her hair, she rushed over to Gap."Whoo! Man, that's never gonna get old!" she said. Her train of thought slowed just a bit as she registered Gap's question. "Right, I probably should have mentioned that, shouldn't I? I don't suppose you've ever heard of a fellow called Tornado? Used to be a big League hero, but turned out he was working for us the whole time. The Coalition wants him back, he's gone into hiding, so I guess it's up to me to convince him to come back."Hivemind turned around, looking at the cars in the nearby lot and on the street."Now, if he sees us coming he might freak out, think we've been sent to kill him and alert the League. So we ought to pick something inconspicuous, something ordinary, something no one would bother looking... twice... at..." Hivemind said, her head practically turning on a pivot as she watched a bright yellow sports car drive by. "....or we could pick thatonethatoneohmygodletstakethatonepleasepleaseplease?"---"Uh... yeah," Fade muttered, a little distracted. "I'll be right over... just a second."Longshot, looking a little perplexed, took a few steps over to the stasis chamber."Eh? Who's tha' girl?""She... she would have been somebody... in another world, another set of circumstances, at least. She would have had a chance at a better life," Fade said. "But here... no, she was nothing more than a lab rat. Never even knew there was a world beyond the walls of this lab. And she never had a chance because I failed her."He stared at Isobel in the tank for a second, then back to Longshot."Look, I don't know if we'll succeed here, but..." he stopped, stammering over his words. "But if anyone does make it out of the fight with Frigid... just... make sure she has a good life, okay?"To Fade's surprise Longshot nodded, placing her hand on Fade's shoulder."You kin' count on me," she said solemnly. "Now... I'm thinkin' Plas might'a found something important. Might want to go check it out.""Oh." Fade said. He took one last look at the frozen Isobel, then stepped over towards the sound of Plasmafire's voice. "Right. Of course, I'll be right over."[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC:Kaname heard Plasmafire yell out and he walked over, seeing Fade and Longshot walk over to him from some Pod, he decided not to look over there. he continued over to Plasmafire. "Well, it's what we are looking for right?"-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------X-Blade laughed, but it was dry and full of well nothing. "You bring up a good question: Why fight to reveal my existence? the answer is simple. Because the League Betrayed me and left me to Die, so why not fight? They wished for My death because My powers would have been dangerous to them if i left, so they killed me off so to speak." he slowly left his sword down, and looked up then back at Sluice."But enough about the Past, once they know I'm alive, they will quake in fear because some of their members who wield certain Elements will die by my hand no matter how good they are with things such as Fire or Metal, you are also on that list, but then i wont kill you, just severely wound you. And plant my Symbol, the Gear for you to take to the League."Of course, the reason why he wouldnt go there himself is that because it would have been suicide for him. "You wouldnt understand my reasons, but it don't matter if you understand or not: Either you Fight or Die."

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

IC: "I'm sorry if certain members of the League betrayed you, but that's no reason to swear revenge on the whole organisation. Explain to the League, or even the Police, what happened and who was responsible. If you're telling the truth and you're innocent in all this-" Sluice was prepared to let the breaking-in of her flat and the death-threats slide- "then justice will be done to those that are guilty. I can assure you of that." Sluice believed that it was always best to try and avoid a fight. Many villains only got that way because the authorities weren't prepared to listen to their side of the story, or because they saw superheroes as some kind of unrelenting soldiers of law.IC: Gap knew vaguely of Tornado; her father had spoken of him once or twice. His decades-long deception of the League was something that the Coalition's higher-ups liked to boast about amongst each other. She knew nothing of his personality, though she assumed that he must be quite old by now. Perhaps convincing him to obey to their whims wouldn't be difficult. Her mind had just come upon this point when Hivemind (eagerly) spotted the sports car."But - you - you were just saying that we shouldn't-" Gap stuttered, her confusion and frustration preventing her from stringing together a proper sentence. Once again she was finding it difficult to understand her comrade. Either Hivemind was performing a very unfunny joke or possessed some kind of ADD-like personality deficit. It didn't seem as if she was taking the mission very seriously, and if Gap neglected to correct this behaviour, her father would-And that was when Gap realised.She'd teamed up with Hivemind of her own volition. Grand Cross hadn't sent her. He might not even know where she was.For the first time in her life - for seven years of being a supervillain - she had embarked on a mission... and was free to do whatever she wanted without fearing her father's reaction."Yes," said Gap, "yes, let's take the car..."

Edited by Kumata

OOC: So now Hivemind's going into this with no adult supervision... this can only end well. :biggrin:IC:"Yes!" exclaimed Hivemind, who was practically jumping up and down by this point. "Alright, just hold on while I grab the car. You look just a little too... y'know, supervillainy to go about inconspicuously, so just kinda stay low until I bring the car around, kay?"With that she vanished into a swarm of bees, trailing through the sky after the yellow car...---"Yup, that's the Supercharger, all right... or what's left of it," said Fade. "It looks like it's in a pretty poor state. I'll need to check if it actually works before we can even think about using it."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC:"You really dont understand do you?" X-Blade said, "I am someone that no one would help, I am a Fallen Being." his speech was as calm as ever, it was really a shock that he hadnt exploded yet. "I'll tell you this, I am not like those Villains like you've faced. I am a Hero that was betrayed by his own friends."With one strong throw, X-Blade threw his weapon in a spinning like motion towards Sluice, "We are done talking."-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Kaname looked at it, "Wow, and this thing can make your powers an extra boost in seconds?"

odstreflect.png

IC(Fellwyd): Watching the scene with growing confusion as the strange man rambled and then started throwing things, Fellwyd felt the need to ask one very important question. He still wasn't entirely sure if interfering would be right, but one thing had really stood out to him throughout the whole scenario."Is he someone that might be called... a nutter?"

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:"A few seconds? Well, technically it's a few seconds, if you discount the time it spends warming up first. As for a quick power boost... you're thinking way too small. What the Supercharger promises is what every supervillain dreams of: good old fashioned unlimited power," Fade explained as he pried open the framework to inspect the mechanisms inside. "...Which is precisely why no one is even going to think of touching this machine, understood? If you step into the Supercharger there's no coming back from it, and power like that won't just change you physically. There's not a soul alive - man, woman, or otherwise - who could stop power like that from going to their head. Over here things might be desperate enough for a plan like this, but I am not unleashing this sort of thing on our universe, understood?"[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC:Kaname nodded, "Hey, I'm content with the Powers I have, As far as I'm concerned I already upgraded my powers, I'd rather work for my next evolution for my power-ups like I have been instead of using machines." he walked away from the machine, of course he had thought about using it, but he wasnt going to forsake himself because of a power boots. he'll just go about his ways on going to the next level his own way."By the way, I forgot to ask: Is Frigid a fallen Hero?" this was more pointing to him wondering about an old comrade of his.

odstreflect.png

IC:Fade glowered at Kaname. Sure, he probably didn't have any idea just what history and memories such a question brought up, but he'd still managed to charge headfirst through that minefield of trauma with all the subtlety of a drunken bulldozer operator. They were dealing with a villain that almost anyone could tell Fade had a history with; it wasn't exactly unreasonable to expect others to approach the topic with a little more caution than that. Fade turned his attention away from Kaname, snatching a wrench off a workbench and clenching it tightly. He knelt down to examine the underside of the device, tightening a few bolts here and there."Well, seeing how you were nice enough to ask... she was a hero, then she wasn't. What more can I say?" he muttered, not facing Kaname as he spoke. "If that's enough to let her join your Fallen Heroes Only Club, well then... whoop-de-freaking-doo."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: All this talk about Frigid seems like a good time to drop in with my rendition of her!

Frigid-1.png

IC: Well, Sluice had tried to reason with this guy. She'd given him a chance to resolve his issues peacefully and he'd thrown it in her face (along with his weapon). So as she dived out of the way of the spinning gearblade she began gathering water molecules from the air around them. Despite her best wishes, it looked like he was going to get a fight after all. It was at that point Fellwyd voiced his query."I think it is safe to say that of anyone who throws swords at another person's face!" Sluice exclaimed. Coalescing water moisture into ice, she started simple - half a dozen hollow ice daggers went soaring towards X-Blade.IC: Gap followed the swarm, keeping hidden behind cover and in shadows as much as she could. A few doubts crept into her mind - even if her father hadn't sent her on this mission, he might still be disappointed in her if it failed in some way - but she reasoned that she could always blame any divergences from the plan on Hivemind. The bug-lady was a little loopy after all, plus it would be her word against Grand Cross' own daughter...

Edited by Kumata

OOC: I'd call the drawing cool but... well, that would make me a terrible person. :P Good job, though!IC:Hivemind's swarm buzzed over rooftops as she pursued the sports car. It came to a stop just in front of a hotel, a middle age man dressed in a suit that must have cost nearly as much as the car stepping out and handing the keys to a valet on his way inside. The valet sat down in the driver's seat, only vaguely registering a buzzing outside the open passenger-side window as something to worry about. The sound of something landing in the seat next to him gave him much more cause for alarm, but before he could turn to investigate what it was he was interrupted by a boot connecting itself with his skull.The sports car rocked and shook for a few moments and then suddenly and abruptly sped forward, tires squealing as it made a u-turn in the middle of the street. The car sped down the road back to Gap, leaving skid marks on the road as it came suddenly to a halt. The doors swung upwards and open like a pair of majestic wings; Hivemind's head popped up out of one... and the unconscious valet's body slumped over and fell out the other."Oh... well, darn. Help me get his body out of sight, will ya?" Hivemind muttered, dragging the valet into some nearby bushes. "I gave him the old boot to the head, so he'll probably be out for a while. Plus, when he wakes up, I don't imagine he'll be able to give much description beyond 'highly practical taste in footwear'..."[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Was unable to get internet where I was the past few days, finally read through everything I missed :oIC: Dreamcatcher"Don't worry, I won't go for my blindfolds." Crystal figured that trying to escape would be pointless, she could try of course, but she figured she'd just get captured again and then they'd put her back in that chair. Crystal decided to pry for information. She decided to ask a question that didn't come out as asking for too much information. "So, I was just curious, I know I can't see and all but, I haven't hear any other voices of prisoners around here, am I the only one or do you have separate chambers or something?"IC: SkyraSkyra had been listening to all the conversations and people around him, except the gibberish part with Mystic, though he figured that was another trick of hers. "Not to be rude guys, but um...shouldn't we get on with our investigation? Maybe we should go over all intell we have." Skyra looked around, the area they were currently residing in was too...open. "We should go somewhere more private though. Just as a precaution."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:Kaname looked at Fade, he guessed that it was a very touchy subject for him. Since it happened not so long ago as opposed to when it happened with Kaname, "I was part of a small Hero group of at least seven heroes, one of them betrayed us kill everyone by me and one other, in turn it was the most darkest years of my life. This Man killed four of us by himself, I wasnt even there. all I saw was dead bodies and my closest friend who turned rampant after learning some truth about his family. I too was forced to kill him with help of a Friend named X-Blade."he walked to another weird object, "Then we joined the League about three or four years after the death of our group. Only for three months later to fight an enemy who had some sort of power over Nucular Molecules, X-Blade lost his mind during that fight which lead to his death and I killed the Villain, only to find out that same Villain was also part of my group who somehow survived his wounds. I understand your pain all to well, no days go by when i regretted cutting down my friends who i grew up with. I'm sure that you feel the same regret."He walked away, of course he understood Fade's problem, but Kaname wasnt going to let him think he was the only one with friends who turned into Villains and got killed.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------X-Blade smirked underneath his mask, he saw her Element -thats easier to say for him- and simply said, "Element: Water, variant Ice: frozen water. Negate Ability activated: Will Negate all water substances, including ice, mist and other water variants.". he thought it would be interesting too see what would happen if he just stood watching her face when she saw her attack turned in to paper-like shreds. But he figured it was more sporting to make her think he was all talk by running and going for his weapon.being very careful not the spill it yet, he jumped into the air out of the way, it was close but the six daggers flew harmlessly underneath him without getting into his 'Zone' "Everyone gets provoked when a weapon is thrown in their face. Also, you failed to make a decisive Blow to me, now you will regret it when you get into my Zone." he thought he would Add Zone to see what she would do. He ran towards her with the intent on trying to get back his weapon, he smiled underneath the mask, if she thought that the weapon was the source of his power, then she would try to keep him away from it.That or she would try a barrage of Ice daggers at him, which would get into the Zone and be negated.

odstreflect.png

IC(Fellwyd): "Would it be inadvisable to interfere? If this is ritualistic combat, I do not want to cost you the honor of a clean victory."The alien was still confused, though the confusion had been lessened somewhat by the confirmation of the man's insanity.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Plasmafire stood there, only half listening to the conversations around him. He was mainly looking at the guts of the supercharger, trying to figure out the wiring. He'd had a little experience with electrical equipment, and he wanted to make sure this thing didn't blow up in their faces, or possibly fry Stella...IC: Magneta spoke quickly into her communicator. "Detective Mac Taggart, can you check last names? I want to ckeck every lead before we go after what could be the wrong man." She turned to Anais and said, "Well, our little group doesn't need an infiltration yet, per se, but we could defenitly use your help. What do you say?"IC: Negafire looked around the cell block before untying Dreamcatchers hands and placing the plate on her lap. "Well, you're the only prisoner in this cell block right now, but... We did just snag someone else, maybe they got put in a higher security block... Plus, this is a pretty new base, we haven't really had time to fill the place up."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

He walked away, of course he understood Fade's problem, but Kaname wasnt going to let him think he was the only one with friends who turned into Villains and got killed.

OOC: Wow, that is just absurdly petty of him. :blink:IC:Fade glanced up towards Kaname, still working on the mechanics of the Supercharger."Look... I'm not asking you to understand my 'pain.' I'm not looking for sympathy; I don't need it," he said. "If I have a problem, I can deal with it myself. The only reason I'm telling you guys any of this is because you might need it to survive. Just so we're clear."The lift started to lower once more; this time it brought X-Calibur and Stella down with it. X-Calibur stepped forward, glancing down at the Supercharger."The others have established a perimeter up above; they'll keep watch if anything starts moving out there," he said. "You sure you can get this piece of junk working again?""Well, I took it apart before. I think I've got a pretty good idea of how to put it back together again," said Fade. "Of course, this is an older model; the instruments are a little more delicate. We'll have to warm it up slowly, or the whole thing could burn out."---"OhmigodohmygodOHMIGOD! That was so cool! Do it again!" Hivemind cheered as the unconscious valet vanished through the portal. "Man, I've gotta remember you when garbage day rolls around..."She hopped back into the driver's seat, making a motion towards the passenger seat indicating it probably wasn't wise to stick around in supervillain gear next to a stolen car right after tearing a rip in the fabric of spacetime."So, where'd you send the dude? Like... the Sahara desert or Antarctica or something? asked Hivemind, positively giddy. "Was it the moon? It was the moon, wasn't it? Please tell me you sent the guy to the moon. That'd be just the coolest thing ever."---"Yes. I do apologize for the delay; some matters must simply be dealt with swiftly," said Mystic as they walked away. "This is a fairly large mansion, I'm sure we can find someplace secluded to talk. I can tell us for certain if the room is secure; after all, I can sense any mind attempting to spy upon us."[For Science!] Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: DreamcatcherCrystal said nothing more and ate her sandwich, which tasted like peanut butter and jelly. She figured the fact that Negafire admitted they had just recently kidnapped someone was the best information she would get. IC: SkyraThe group arrived at a room in the back of the mansion, none of the other rooms around were being used currently, so it was a perfect place to discuss delicate information. "Alright, so, Mystic, you want to tell them about the whole dream thing?" Skyra didn't really feel like being the one to explain it all, and besides, Mystic seemed good at this sorta thing.

IC:"Indeed. Sykra claims an old associate of his, a woman by the name of Crystal Myers who possesses the ability to communicate through dreams, reached out to him in his sleep. Based on certain psychic auras following the event, I believe him to be telling the truth," explained Mystic. "In this dream, Miss Myers claims to have been captured by the Coalition, and was reaching out to Skyra for help; unfortunately she was not able to provide enough information to positively identify her location. Now, I wish nothing more than to see her safe return, but the opportunity this presents is undeniable. Through her dreams, she can provide us with information direct from the heart of the Coalition operations, information that could lead to Miss Thomas's safe return. The Coalition of Corruption has just handed us the perfect spy into their operations."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Petty yes, consider it some sort of thinking he adopted cause of his old age, since some Old people(like my grandma and sometimes myself) think the same way. So you might see a little more of that thinking soon.IC:Kaname just sighed, whispering to himself "It's too bad since i already understand it. of course my situation was on a much different scale, so i could be wrong." At least he got a better understanding of Fade's past and personality...of course seeing Frigid in the final stages of this little problem they are facing could be bad for Fade..hopefully nothing happens and Fade dont go against them.

odstreflect.png

NPC: Ultionis nodded. "An insider is the perfect opportunity... But only if that insider knows anything. What are the limits of her abilities? Does she know anything about the compound besides the cell she's in? For that matter, are we sure she's in the same compound? I'm as glad as anyone for a break, but we can't rush into this without knowing what's what." One thing his instructors in the Navy SEALs had drilled into his head until he could hear the words in his dreams was that Information. Is. Everything. (Come to that, he could just about hear it now) If they knew nothing about the building they were storming they would be cut down in four minutes and seventeen seconds on average. (H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: "I can't create wormholes that extend as far as the moon," said Gap, a little apologetically, as she climbed into the passenger's seat. Though she was trying to keep a neutral face Hivemind's reaction had pleased her; after a lifetime of being told by her father that her powers were malformed, incomplete, it was nice to have someone react with awe to them for once."I sent him to the Alps, close to one of my father's hideouts. If he wakes up, then my old teammates will finish him off..."OOC: No time for a Sluice IC just yet.

IC(PC): WOO-WOO-WOO-WOO-WOO-WOO-WOO-WOOAn armoured bank truck shot through a red light, narrowly avoiding a taxi and several other cars as several desperate police cruisers tailed. One was forced to stop pursuit lest it cause an accident itself, but the other raced behind the truck, holding close despite the driver's desperate attempt to shake the law."Don't cops have anything better to do?" the larger of the theives exclaimed, checking to see if he still had plenty of rounds in his pistol."Well, this happens you steal an armoured truck from RIGHT OUTSIDE THE BANK!" the smaller, brains of the operation berated their partner, who resulted in the attention they now had from the police. "Just lose them after we get through that overpass!". Mrs Foot met Mr Accelerator aggressively, the truck starting to pull away from their pursuer. If they got much farther, they'd hit heavy traffic.. and with a truck built like a tank, they'd be far more likely to try and ram their way through, risking lives.Thankfully, you can always count on heroes to butt in on criminals action at the most innoppotune moment. A solid barrier of energy had appeared from nowhere in front of the truck, which slammed into it near top speed: coming to a very sudden and probably whiplash-causing stop. At that speed the front of the truck had crumpled severely, and one of the crooks was already out cold, the other stumbling out the side door and trying to clear their head."I'd surrender if I were you, then I'll go easy" a cloaked figure said from just behind, sending the theif stumbling as he whirled around, cocking his pistol shakily. Well, half of the pistol, as a blur of blue had suddenly robbed the gun of it's barrel, cleaved right off. "Unless you're going to throw the bullets at me, I think you're kind of out of options with that""Freaking supers, always sticking your nose where it doesn't belong!""Can't help it, crime stinks so bad. Going to come quietly?" the cloaked figure asked, backpedalling as the criminal tried to bludgeon him with the butt of the pistol. A blast of psychic power sending him sailing into the side of the truck, where he slumped in a heap, was a good of a response to an attempted pistolwhipping. "I'll take that as a no, then..."Noting another police cruiser approaching, the hero swirled his cloak and disappeared from view, turning invisible... not that any onlookers would know that for sure. He reappeared on a rooftop a few moments later, surveying his work as the crooks were arrested for their crimes. A blue aura flared from his eyes, and he reached out with his powers, sensing for calls of distress.... it wasn't long before another lit up his mind."A hero's work is never done...." Silver smirked, forming a wristblade as he leapt from the rooftop down to the street below, off to prevent another crime in progress.OOC: ........ surprise? :P

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

OOC: Yes, actually, because I was thinking that Mastermind was Silver in disguise somehow! :oIC: "This guy is just another supervillain - there's no ritual to this,"" Sluice told Fellwyd hurriedly. "Your intervention would be much appreciated!"X-Blade was talking about Sluice coming close to his 'zone', hinting that it would be advantageous for him if she did. Well, she had no intention of doing that. She preferred to fight at long range anyway, being an average-at-best meele fighter. So, now that X-Blade was charging towards her, she willed the ground just ahead of her to freeze over. He'd slip, and as soon as he hit the floor she'd bind him in ice...OOC: Kenpachi, I'm imagining that as X-Blade runs across the ice patches of it will turn to paper as he does so? Feel free to have an autohit against Sluice in any case, since she won't be expecting X-Blade to make it across unhindered.

Edited by Kumata

IC: Skyra"Well, your right, we should know what were getting into before we storm in. The truth is Crystal doesn't know much at all, yet. Though she might be able to get more information. For now all we really know is that she's there, and a few names she overheard." Skyra sighed, the really didn't know much of anything about this base. "We might want to focus on finding out where exactly this base is. Anyone have any ideas how we might do that?"

Edited by Snelly

OOC: Mwhahaha, Mastermind is just a complicated diversion/plot tool! And it worked! =DIn fact, to celebrate Silver's awesomeness, and scare you all with my terrible editing skills, I cooked this up a few minutes ago!awesome_silver.jpgAwesome Silver is awesome! My editing skills are not!IC(NPC): (Meanwhile, in the land of diversion's that totally got Kumata :evilgrin: )There was a whirling in the air as the severed blade of Mother Russia's sickle flew, landing heavily in the dirt almost half the stadium away. She was still glancing at the handle in shock when the blast of energy hit, smashing into her like a truck and sending her sailing even further than her sickle blade. Coughing up blood, she grimaced and started to tear great chunks of earth and stone from the floor as Mastermind slowly advanced. A hunk of earth was sent flying, only to hit the nigh-impossibly precise sheid just over his outfit and shatter.... leaving Mastermind underharmed. She'd already tried outright smashing him in the face after his little revival, but that time he didn't even flinch.... he just kept coming. Several more chunks of rock met the same fate as the first, until Mother Russia found herself backed up in the same corner she had 'trapped' Mastermind earlier."Yield, and I won't humilate you any further" . Why that little smart-"MOTHER RUSSIA WILL NEVER SURRENDER!" she bellowed furiously, balling both hands into fights and swinging them together, aiming to crush Mastermind and his sheild to pulp between them. Mastermind raised his own arms, revealing his hands for the first time: large grey-skinned palms with only three fingers, and unweildy spherical fingertips. These hands glowed with a psychic aura as he focused his power, telekintitcally stopping her mighty swings in their tracks, and holding them in place when she desperatly tried to pull away."I gave you the chance to yield... you should have taken it" Mastermind told her quietly, his aura flaring even brighter, growing as a shield of energy grew, blasting outwards brightly. Some of the audiance chose to avert their eyes, while some were blinded momentarily, but when it subsided there was a crater where Mastermind had been, an unconcious Mother Russia at its centre. Mastermind himself rose into the air, before setting down gently and briefly looking around the cheering audiance as he was proclaimed the champion. Without another word, he pulled his cloak tighter around his form and the mutant psychic exited... he would collect his payment in private, and then he had a personal matter to attend to...

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

he would collect his payment in private, and then he had a personal matter to attend to...

OOC: ...This is gonna end with someone killing his Uncle Ben, isn't it? :oIC:Even if it was monumentally presumptuous of Kaname to assume that just because some teammates betrayed him that made him the expert on everybody who had ever been betrayed by anybody, Fade had to admit the guy was merely working off an incomplete picture of the whole story. Of course, Fade had no intention of ever telling him the complete story. That just about left ignoring Kaname on the subject as the only option. Fade was okay with this; if Kaname was fully informed he'd probably still react in the same smug, self-centered sort of way.He tied a few wires together, and the core of the Supercharger let out a low hum. He stepped up to the control panel and switched it on; a mechanical voice weakly attempted to greet him with "W-W-W-WELCOME BACK, EDWA-ED-ED-ED..." until a smack against the side shut that down. Fade tapped a few buttons, and the clawlike prongs of the supercharger slowly began to spin in a circle around the platform."Well, that should mean it's working," Fade said, stepping away from the device. "But the power core is in pretty bad shape, so I'm gonna have to charge it up pretty slow."---"Oh, okay. The Alps is still cool... well, cold... well, freezing," said Hivemind. "Still pretty nifty, regardless of how many moons you didn't send him too. Now... time to drive."She flicked on the radio, letting loud rock anthems blare out of the speakers. Hivemind pulled down the throttle and slammed her foot down on the accelerator, sending the car peeling across the street past two lanes of traffic. Leaving their cursing and honking behind, Hivemind sped off down the street, on a course that ought to take them both in the direction of the city limits...---"Storming their base simply isn't an option at this point, even if we did know where it was," said Mystic. "But yes, Miss Myer's knowledge of the base she is being held in is limited; we can't confirm if Miss Thomas is there or not. However, she may be able to gather more intel with time, depending on what the Coalition wants with her. She's already confirmed two members of the team in DC - Negafire and Hivemind - were there, it's possible she could learn even more. Both our organizations should continue to investigate through other avenues, of course, but the potential for information this presents is undeniable."OOC: Rakata, if Anais is supposed to be responding to the Mystic/Skyra/Ultonius/Mr. No-One group, they aren't with your group anymore.[For Science!] Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Can't we just assume she was with them because I'd like to get her moving on and walking around the mansion doesn't seem fun.IC:Hijek threw the officer to the ground. His capture would not be for long. He placed one of the bombs he had earlier onto the door in the back of the truck. He activated it, sending him injured but flying into the air as the convoy crashed into the destroyed vehicle. He swooped up to a skyscraper, and looked down. Vengeance...

OOC: Anais is still with Surge and Magneta; Mystic et al were part of another, completely seperate group that just happened to meet up with the briefly because the duo had information they needed. They moved off to get on with their own plot, while Surge, Magneta, and presumably Anais were about to go off to continue theirs.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Anais is still with Surge and Magneta; Mystic et al were part of another, completely seperate group that just happened to meet up with the briefly because the duo had information they needed. They moved off to get on with their own plot, while Surge, Magneta, and presumably Anais were about to go off to continue theirs.[For Science!]

OOC: That's how I understood it. We're getting info from McTaggart before zipping off at high speed to apprehend a suspect.

OOC: Ah, so Mastermind is actually Mewtwo in disguise, not Silver. Got it. :PIC: Gap stared out of the window as they sped erratically across Manchester. She considered trying to form a wormhole to warp vehicles out of their way, but thought that such an obvious application of powers might draw the attention of any local superheroes. Sure, they weren't exactly laying low, but grand theft auto was something that the Police tended to take more notice of. And she would much rather come up against ordinary powerless humans - she had no qualms with killing them...

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Hey, if anyone wants an interesting fight with a non-super lunatic in a costume, try causing trouble somewhere in Scotland. Preferably a city, but if you don't feel like doing a city, non-city places work too.Also, would Hijek really still have bombs on him after he's been arrested? Really?IC(Mr. No-One): "Well, the important thing is that we have a means of gathering information. At least one of the people involved in the Washington incident was, for all of their powers, exceptionally dim, so she might have some luck questioning either Negafire or... what was the name of the one with the antimatter, again?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: @Kutuma: yeah, pretty much so. actually i dont think i stated it or maybe i dont remember, i think he is susceptible to surprise attacks, but since Sluice used her ability while he was looking, surprise would be very hard since it'll negate it now even if he doesnt see it.(hence why he can only negate one element, maybe two as time passes if TPTI allows it)If thats correct, then it's actually a good thing that you have Fellwyd with you, but since i never stated what kind of fighting X-Blade does, it'll be hard to do much without explaining anything. Of course i could pull off a Aikido move on him or something like jujitsu. but that would mean he trained in martial arts mostly.(I'm finding myself in alot of RPs when i have a character that has a power but has a counter to fix that single power weakness, like Kaname, if his lighting was negated or deactivated he could still fight X-Blade through swordsmanship.Okay, small little explanation is done XDIC:X-Blade said under his helmet as he ran towards her, hearing what she said. "Just? such arrogance will prove to be your downfall." Just was the Ice patches got with five feet of him(or was it six feet?) it turned into a Paper-like liquid almost instantly, it splattered around all over the place the closer he got to Sluice. He jumped forward, and time seemed to slow down, "Like I said, you failed to make a decisive Blow." he spun and kicked her in the upper back hard towards the shoulders.he landed on the ground and jumped at his weapon, retrieving it before standing, "A Hero's weakness is underestimating the Villain, of course the Villain usually loses, but I'm a different story."OOC: no Kaname ic yet.it's actually a very good thing that he does not have Anti-Psychic powers, or else he would be able to beat pretty much 80% of the characters...i think 80-% of characters are Psychics anyway.....gah dont wanna know. let me dream XD

odstreflect.png

IC(Fellwyd): With the question answered, the hand-waving stopped, replaced by a rather rigid placement of the arms in front of the chest as the alien watched the enemy make his move. With what happened to the ice, it became rather clear that water-based attacks weren't going to do much of anything to this guy.Fellwyd moved forward cautiously, keeping his eyes on the enemy's sword - if, truthfully, it could be called a sword. Most swords were rather more practically shaped than that piece of junk. Still, it could probably cause a decent amount of blunt-force trauma if used properly, so it would be best to keep an eye on it. As he kept one eye on the sword, Fellwyd was watching, waiting for an opening in the fight where he could strike with minimal probability of an effective counter-strike.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom