To Save The World!

IC:"His name is Nihilo, if Surge's report is to be believed. Miss Myers claims that Negafire is the one guarding her, so it's possible she may be able to get some more information off of him." said Mystic. "However, there is one bit of information she mentioned that worries me. She claims the villains who captured her made reference to one Grand Cross, one of the founding members of the Coalition. If they're taking orders from him, and if Danielle Thomas's kidnapping was at his command, we should be very concerned indeed."---Hivemind took one hand off the wheel, fumbling in her pocket for her map. She placed it on the dashboard and smoothed it out a little, occasionally glancing off the road to consult her map."Alright, looks like we've got a turn coming up... here!"The car swerved suddenly, weaving between confused and startled drivers as it shot down the street. Thankfully, there appeared to be less cars in their way the further they got out of the city, which was at least a good thing for the people in those cars."Oh man, this is awesome!" said Hivemind, watching as the dial on the speedometer climbed higher and higher. "Forget stealing trucks and boats, I just want to use this baby to get anywhere! Well, the truck was pretty fun to drive, but that's just because everyone was too scared of the aliens to get in my way..."---The wind whipped noisely across the frozen plain, sending snow tumbling about in waves. A few small tents had been set up around the hole, and a rope ladder had been set up for ease of access to the buried house below. A small fire had been set up at the center of the camp - when you had a pyrokinetic on your team, you could make close to anything burn - and Bolt was holding a pot of canned stew over the flames, occasionally trying to cook it faster with the aid of his heat vision.“Would you cut that out already?” muttered Arsenal irritably. “You’re gonna ruin it if you burn it like that.”“Right... because we’d hate to ruin rations like these,” replied Skyra, fixing his one good eye on the former crimelord. “This stuff has flavor in the same way I’m having a tropical vacation.”“Hey... don’t you control wind?” said Arsenal, shivering even under his snow gear. “Egro, can you do anything about this blasted weather? It’s probably pushing the temperate below zero.”“This is the best I can do,” Skyra said.“You can’t just freeze an entire planet and expect nature to adapt instantly. Frigid’s thrown everything out of whack, not the least of which being the weather,”Unable to come up with a suitable retort, Arsenal merely scowled and skulked where he was sitting. The group sat in silence for quite a while, the only sound the wail of the wind as they huddled around the campfire. Bolt finished cooking the stew, and passed it around to the others. They ate wordlessly, until finally Bolt got the courage to speak up.“So... do you think they’re telling the truth? About being from an alternate universe, that is...”“Well... anything’s possible,” said Skyra, shrugging. “Personally, I don’t care where he came from, as long as his plan actually works.“I fought Fade once, you know,” Forcefield spoke up, the eye sockets of his helmet glowing amber in the dark. “This fellow seems a lot like he did, before he, well-”“Oh, we all know how you fought Fade once,” snarled Arsenal. “Frankly, I think we’re all sick of it. That was long before Frigid, and you lost anyway.”“I’m just giving my professional opinion-”“Professional? Professional what? Your opinion as a professional former third-rate arms dealer?” asked Arsenal. “If you ask me, this Fade is a faker. X-Calibur’s nothing but a fool for trusting him... but he’s League, so what do you expect?”“Careful now,” said Skyra darkly. “Those aren’t words you want to say lightly.”“What do you care? It’s not like you were ever even League,” Arsenal said. “You’re just somebody unlucky enough to get stuck down here with the rest of us.”“Yeah, well I am League,” said Bolt. “You don’t speak ill of the dead, you don’t speak ill of the League. Besides, you’d better keep your voice down. We don’t want to do anything to attract unwanted attention.“Oh, I’m so sorry about what happened to your precious little League. If they were dumb enough to march into New York City to stop Frigid instead of running for their lives, they got what was coming to them,” said Arsenal, standing up and glaring at the others. “If I could have got out back then, I would’ve. Maybe I’d have been able to enjoy a few hours back in Paris before it all went down rather than sitting in the tundra freezing half to dea-”Arsenal stopped, gasping weakly. The bowl of stew fell from his hand, freezing instantly on the icy ground. He stared down at his chest, a gloved hand sticking straight through it. Arsenal’s body dropped weakly to the ground, staining the ice crimson.The figure who the gloved hand stepped forwards, seeming to have materialized out of the icy night itself. He was clad in black armor, a hood covering his face and a thick fur cape draped over his shoulders. Blades extended from his wrists as he advanced upon the group, Ice Golems rising from the wastes behind him.The group now knew for certain the Fade down below was from another universe. Their Fade was standing right in front of them.[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Oh that reminds me Kenpachi, although Sluice is pretty amateur at hand-to-hand there is one area in which she shines - she can use a katana with expert skill. Not that she has one at present.IC: Fellwyd was actually luckier for his alien perspective: he saw X-Blade run across the ice, and was able to conclude without bias that such a technique didn't work. Sluice, however, with her lifetime of experience as to what was commonplace on Earth and what was not, was helpless to do anything but balk at what had just happened. The ice... had turned... to paper? Even seeing what she had seen as a superhero, her brain could hardly begin to accept that as possible. Hence why X-Blade landed a perfect kick that floored her.She picked herself up, noticing that the villain had managed to retrieve his weapon. What could his power possibly be? The ice covering the floor began to retract, building on top of itself and combining with more water moisture from the air - forming a wall of ice. X-Blade was currently standing on a corner of the rooftop; the ice wall began to advance slowly towards him, threatening to push him off the edge. Sluice was going to stand by and see what happened next, that way she might get a better idea of her opponent's powers.IC: Gap took a few seconds to reply, having to first pull herself off of the left door of the car against which the g-forces of Hivemind's mad driving had thrust her. That was what she got for forgetting to wear her seatbelt. "Ow. Do you not have a vehicle of your own? Couldn't you ask a Coalition engineer to build one for you..?"

Edited by Kumata

IC:"What, like some kinda jet shaped like a bee, or a tank shaped like a beetle? Well, I suppose that'd be cool, but if I really need to get anywhere I can turn into a swarm or borrow a tiltrotor or something," said Hivemind. "Personally though, I'd just rather not ask anyone in the Coalition for something I don't absolutely need. They're not a bunch I really like the idea of owing too many favors to... erm, no offense, of course."[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Gap nodded, although she didn't really approve of with Hivemind's line of thinking. She was completely loyal to the Coalition, though she at least understood that it was futile to argue the point with more carefree-spirited villains.It was a question she suspected Hivemind had a negative answer to, but Gap ventured it anyway for the sake of conversation. "So do you have any more specific information on our target..?

Edited by Kumata

IC:"Well... I know the League busted him, so he's been living under an assumed name. He knows it's only a matter of time before the League catches up to him, so he's bound to be a little edgy," said Hivemind. "He's also been collecting his share of Coalition secrets when he wasn't busy selling us League secrets, and the higher-ups would rather his lips remain sealed. That's about it... oh, and he can control weather, but I figured that was kinda obvious."---The supercharger continued to spin, slow at first, but getting faster and faster. Things seemed to be going as normal... until suddenly ribbons of energy started to appear nearby. They spun like a wheel, until they revealed Jacob lying on the ground in the middle of a burning ring where the effect of his teleportation had burnt through tables and devices. X-Calibur rushed over to help him."What happened?""It was... It was..." Jacob gasped, terrified to the core. "...he... he was there.""Alright..." X-Calibur straightened up and charged his energy machete. "Looks like we have a problem. I'll guard the machine; someone go up to investigate..."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Oh, that would have made this alot funner.IC:Kaname felt very uneasy, he always read books where the heroes find something only for the enemy to pop up out of nowhere. Fade said to dismiss since that only happens in books. So Kaname didnt think much."Say you guys? ah nevermind..." Actually, he didnt want much to do with Fade and his group, he didnt know why, but it seems that he's remembering why he became a Solo hero anyway...but then again there is always time to think what side he should be on. Kaname had actually walked back into the deeper parts of the Lab where no one could see him. In between a row of things about fifty years away from everyone, he busied himself ;looking over small things quietly and carefully. he didnt want to touch anything.Why the ###### did i come here? i should've have stayed in my own timeline. then he remembered something. he looked in his pockets and sound them: Earplugs. he put them inside his ears, and made a small field of electricity in the floor behind him and around him. a slight disturbance near him would make him alarmed.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------X-Blade stood and walked closer to the Wall of Ice instead of backing away, he lifted up his sword and slashed down at the wall the second it got within the Zone. The wall turned to Paper and it scattered into the wind and all around.He smiled under his mask, thats it, the look he was looking for. Now he wondered if they could tell he was lying... "You know? It would have done good to have made sure this weapon stayed out of my hands..But what now? a stalemate?" then another thought got into his mind, "Oh wait, I forgot that i'm fighting someone who's never seen this power before...thats actually to your disadvantage.." X-Blade stood in a stance and lifted his weapon high, he kept an eye on the other person, and was waiting for them to attack. and not giving any hints to his power at all.I would expect that she will find out very soon in the next couple minutes, my show starts in like ten minutes. "Also we might want to finish this fast, My show is going to start very soon. i need a TV." he was careful not to make a single move for fear of Counters and combos. He didnt know the other guys powers and his power could only do so much.

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

Kaname felt very uneasy, he always read books where the heroes find something only for the enemy to pop up out of nowhere. Fade said to dismiss since that only happens in books. So Kaname didnt think much.

OOC: Well, technically Fade said he didn't need books to tell him that because he tends to live exactly what they say but hey, close enough.IC:"If he ain't comin', then I'm goin' up," Longshot said, arming her crossbow. If tha' rest of you wanna tag along, feel free."Fade stared at the lift, and then back to the Supercharger. On the one hand, whatever was up there had to be dangerous, and not to mention technically his fault. But on the other hand the Supercharger start-up sequence could be tricky, and he needed to be on hand if something went wrong.[For Science!] Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Half Dragon, Jona gonna resond to the group soon? ;)IC: Plasmafire looked away from the machine, igniting his hands. "I don't even want to guess who 'he' is, but it sounds bad. I'm heading up." Plasmafire ran towards the lift, pausing only to wait for Longshot.IC: Negafire chewed on his lip as the awkward silence came over them. "So... Wha happened to you, anyway? How'd you end up here?"

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:The lift had barely reached the top before Longshot jumped off, darting up the stairs as fast as she could. Not waiting for Plasmafire to catch up, she reached the hole and was soon climbing back up as was possible without the aid of a second arm; superhuman accuracy did help to prevent a nasty fall. At the top the scene had already descended into chaos, snowy golems marching out of the night and advancing on the group. Bolt sliced through them neatly with heat beams, while Skyra formed whirlwinds on his arms, slamming them into the snow golems like drills.Longshot charged right into the fray, firing off her explosive arrow into the nearest golem. It embedded itself in its icy mass then exploded a few moments later, destroying it from the inside out. But then Longshot caught sight of the one leading the charge; a cloaked figure dueling with Forcefield, slashing wristblades as the armored figure threw up energy barriers to defend himself. Longshot turned all her attention on him immediately, loading a bolt as quickly as she could and firing it at his head.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire ran after Longshot, bursting into flame and rocketing up the hole in the roof. He bust out into the open air and took in the scene. Seeing Longshot fire at... Oh, Fade, geat. This should be fun. He turned to look at the Ice Golems. Remembering the suscess he had earlier with plasma sparks, he created a handfull of them and tossed them at the golems closest to his teammates.

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:The sparks of plasma rained down the battelfield, obliterating a handful of golems. Those that took only minor damage were quickly reforming, however, and more were rising out of the snow to fill up the ranks. Meanwhile, flakes of snow rose up in the air, spinning about in the air faster and faster. The snow was forming itself into a twister, and it was whipping up the air around it, threatening to suck Plasmafire in.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire turned to the snow twister and held out a hand, a thick river of flame shooting towards the twister. If he was lucky, He could melt the snow and evaporate the water before it got to him... For good measure, he also tossed a plasma spark at the evil Fade. "Yo, Fade! Remember me?!"

OOC: Yeah, sorry, had RL stuff again. Who knew I'd be so busy on vacation?NPC: There was a brief sound of tapping keys. "Alright, aside from Elliot Thomas, we've also got one William Elliott, two Ts, in the department. Honestly neither of them have ever struck us as shady, but-" Now a sound like a ringing phone. "One sec, someone on the other line." She cut off for a while. After a couple of minutes she returned. "Okay, good news and bad news. The bad news is Thomas has just shown up to work with a set of ugly bruises, claiming he got mugged on the way home last night. The good news is we know who to check out first."NPC: Ultionis considered the matter carefully. "What if... This dream connection stuff- that's like forming a psychic link, right? One psychic I worked with could track someone down using a link like that." He turned to Mystic. "Would that be possible? If he goes to sleep again and gets contacted, could you trace it? If we know the location, my side can give us some intel on the surrounding area, maybe even any construction efforts known to have happened there."(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC:The flames were sucked up by the twister, melting some of the snow that formed it. Unfortunately, it was also shooting the flames in every direction across the battlefield, endangering both sides. And even without the snow powering the twister, it had still kicked up the wind enough that attempting to remain in the air would be very dangerous.Meanwhile, the plasma spark struck the ground in front of the alternate Fade, erupting into a ball of flames. For a second there was merely a pillar of flames as the plasma ate into the snow... and then the other Fade stepped from the inferno, flames licking at his cloak before the wind snuffed them out. He pulled back his hood; scars and burns crisscrossed across his face, but as he turned to stare up at Plasmafire they slowly began to heal, the wounds vanishing off his face."Hmm... you look familiar, but I just can't place you," he said. "Could you try dying? I think that might make it easier for me to recognize you..."---"I... I'm afraid that might be beyond my abilities," said Mystic quietly. "I picked up quite a lot of psychic interference after Skyra's encounter with Miss Myers, but nothing I could trace beyond the room, and since she's communicating over long distances it's even less likely."While she was trying not to betray any emotion in her expression, all of Mystic's body language made it seem like she was trying to shrink down out of sight. Mystic was not comfortable with the idea of a plan failing solely on her own limitations. She didn't want to let the others down like that.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: ...This is gonna end with someone killing his Uncle Ben, isn't it?

Well, Mastermind certainly hasn't heeded the "with great power comes great responsibility" lesson yet :P

OOC: Ah, so Mastermind is actually Mewtwo in disguise, not Silver. Got it.

Indeed, Mastermind's mutation did make him look exactly like Mewtwo, because copyright infrigement is my specialty! 8D And if you're going to have an overpowered psychic, they've got to look like the best!Mastermind has a major role in my 2nd plot arc, which has already begun.... after all, Silver is alive! But he never tried to contact Sluice in the past month, nor has Esp been able to detect him despite many scans.... I will also reveal that Mastermind himself is wearing Silver's cloak, and Silver is wearing a different one..... hmmmm.... Mastermind is the key ;) Also, look what I'm submitting for my 3rd character! If this isn't unique enough for you people I'll eat my hat!Real Name: NoneAlias: K.I.L.L.Appearance: the-car.jpg(Incidently, this car looks so evil since it potrayed a possesed car in the film: "The Car" =D)Power: Nanites and Adapting TechnologyKILL isn't actually comprised of metal, rubber and fabrics. Instead, his entire form is made up of microscopic insectoid robots, which fit lock together in a cube-like shape. Hundreds upon thousands upon millions make up KILL, imitating true automotive technology perfectly (save supposedly non-metal substances remaining magnetic). This nanite nature means even when KILL is completely totalled, his nanities will begin to repair and replicate themselves, eventually restoring KILL back to his peak roadraging effeciency. These nanities can swarm and consume matter to repair and create more nanities, as in the case when they are lost in battle; however they all retain a weakness to magnetic forces. A car yard's giant magnet stops KILL and his nanite makeup in their tracks.Another gift of his nanotech is the ability to adapt and use 'consumed' technology, intergrating into his form until he 'ejects' it. When KILL discovers desirable technology he wishes to intergrate, a portion of his body breaks off and swarms all over the target, breaking it down into microscopic components which are drawn back inside him, then reassembled and intergrated directly into KILL's frame moments later. For roadkill enjoyment KILL may consume the front plough of a snow plough truck, causing it to be 'eaten' from it's original placement and appear to grow onto KILL's front moments later, ready to be used to clear those pesky sidewalk-hogging-humans. Only a certain amount of these adapted features can ever be used at once, often ejected when their usefulness has ceased, or keeping them has become a burden (snow ploughs aren't great to use in this tunnels).Allegiance: Coalition of CorruptionArea: USABio: Let's get one thing out of the way: KILL is an evil car. Now, as automobiles don't usually have a tendency to travel without drivers naturally, it can only be presumed KILL was created, and indeed he was. There was a brilliant man, gifted with Omega Radiation-based intellect, especially towards robotics on a molecular scale. As he was a fan, a very big fan, shall we say completely obsessed with a show about a heroic car, he was inclined to make his own... until he relised, he could draw the REAL car too him! By creating the Anti-Car, to draw the hero to save it's creator.Such KILL was born, driven (excuse my pun) by an AI with remarkable similarities to the human mind. His programmed personality worked to perfection: immediatly taking his creator hostage the car laid a life-and-death trap for it's archnemesis who would surely arrive to save the day. But the hero never came, for they only existed in fiction. KILL's advanced mind soon worked this out, signifigantly faster than his deluded creator did... and with no-one to stop him, KILL did as he desired and his creator was no more. With the only person who knew everything about him dead, KILL was free to do as he pleased. As the villan he was designed to be, he craved power, to become more advanced... but he was smart enough to relise how this would not be achievable alone, not without risking his very existance. He would need the help of other criminals, surely. Squishy organic ones.His first attempt to threaten human criminals into subserviance went badly.... they ended up roadkill. But he was persistant, and eventually relised that squishy humans feared even stronger squishy humans... so he went up the 'food chain', and sought to get into cahoots with the Coalition of Corruption itself. The attempt to join had to be.... awkward (how do you respond to a car trying to join your evil organisation?) at best, but mutually beneficial... KILL had no qualms doing dirty work, as long as he would be rewarded with technology or learning he desired. Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC: Plasmafire lowered himself to the ground, crossing his arms defiantly. "Oh, ha ha. So very clever. Nice stunt with the regenerating there. Musta gotten your hands on that wonder drug, huh?" Yeah, he was taking a risk by just standing there. But his body was still in 'flame form', theoreticly a physical attack would just pass right through the fire making up his body at this point...IC: "We'll start there then. Thank you, detective, we'll look into it now." Magneta turned to look at Surge and Anais.(OOC: If she's with the other group disregard her in this post.) "Well, Thomas apparently got beat up last night, we'll start there."

OOC: Woah, an evil car... :blink: Sweet.....IC: Dreamcatcher"You know, I-I don't really remember exactly how it happened. I was in a taxi heading to New York City and....that's it, I can't remember after that. I just woke up here." OOC: You know, I guess someone should take credit for kidnapping her, an NPC perhaps? Whatever, it hardly matters I suppose.IC: SkyraSkyra could see that Mystic seemed a bit down. "Well if it's beyond your abilities, it's beyond your abilities, no big deal. I suppose it's like asking me to stop a hurricane, not exactly something I could do."Skyra decided to change the subject, "Anyway, I suppose the bottom line is we need more information. So, besides through Crystal, how do we get that?"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:"Yup, it sure works wonders. You ought to try it sometimes... you might need it, at least," said Otherfade. "Now, my dear Frigid couldn't help but notice when you teleported into the middle of a frozen wasteland, so she sent me to investigate. I might be wrong, but I can't help but shake the feeling you're digging where an old home of mine used to be. Are you going to explain what you're doing, or do I have to come down there myself?"---"Actually... even if I am unable to ascertain her location, it would be most vital for me to speak with her. If I can set up a psychic link with you while you sleep, I might be able to talk with her when she enters your dreams," said Mystic quickly, trying to reestablish what she saw as lost control over the situation. "And... And I... I could try to see if I can find her location through the psychic link. After all, I... I won't know it's impossible unless I try, correct?"She quickly cleared her throat, trying to cover up whatever nervousness she might be feeling; it wasn't particularly professional."As for more information, we still have Aquarius in our custody," Mystic suggested. "We might be able to get more information out of him... assuming he's even willing to talk, that is."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(Mr. No-One): "Well, considering the extremity of the current situation, is the League still firmly against using torture to get information out of a captured enemy combatant? Nothing life-threatening or disfiguring, of course - just a few forms of standardized unpleasantness to secure his cooperation."The spook got the feeling that he knew what the answer was going to be, but he had to ask. Just to check, see if there might be a more expedient way of doing things.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

NPC: "I know some of the best interrogation techniques," Ultionis said, "but most of them would have to be used outside the borders. We could try prying the information from his mind, but he's something of a veteran supervillain. I checked his file. He's likely to have some kind of psychic defense, and I expect he's familiar with every legal method of information retrieval. In other words, a tough nut to crack."(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Plasmafire raised a firey eyebrow. "What on Earth makes you think I'm going to let on to what we're doing here? If you think I'm intimidated by you, you're wrong. I've survived a lot worse than the likes of you. So, if you want to know why we're here, you're going to have to find out."IC: "Huh... Sounds like it could have been MindWarp... He screws with your head, creates a temporary state of confusion, some short-term memory loss... Could explain why you don't remember." Negafire shrugged, it was as good an explination as any.OOC: Yeah, throwing a random new NPC name out there just to get an explination. :P

IC:"Okay, I guess I'll just have to do that, then," Otherfade said, his body rippling as he stepped through Plasmafire's burning form. "Phasing, remember?"---"There will be NO torture. Not if I have any say in this matter," said Mystic firmly. "This is not up for debate."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire glared at Otherfade. "I was kind of banking on my tempature affecting you... I see no reason it shouldn't have worked, any chance you'll enlighten me?" At this point, Plasmafire was really hoping one of the other team members would try to help...

IC:"Well, heat used to do me in... but back then I was just a bit afraid of dying," said Otherfade. "Now I'm not, cause I kinda can't. Funny how that works, isn't it?"A bolt of metal streaked through the air, striking Otherfade in the shoulder. Longshot came charging up at him, already fumbling to load another bolt into her crossbow, cursing the entire time."What's the matter, Longshot? Aim not what it used to be? Or is that pile of junk you call a crossbow just not working again?" Otherfade taunted, raising his wristblades as he advanced upon her. "Do I have to take your other arm before you finally learn your place?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(Mr. No-One): "Okay, was kind of expecting that answer. Guess this means we get to do it the hard way. Or the easy way, if he's feeling talkative. So the hard way."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Plasmafire stepped between Otherfade and Longshot, the flames surrounding his body dying out. He still kept a pretty sizable layer of superheated air around him though. "Hey, play nice! Yo, that drug you and your wacko girlfriend are on, that stop pain too? Cuz if it don't, I really admire your pain tolerance." Yeah, considering his body was now tangible, he was taking a pretty big risk, but he hoped that with the super hot air around him, if Otherfade tried to swipe at him with those wristblades they'd a least be a bit more maleable by the time they reached him.

NPC: Ultionis glanced at Mr. No-One. "Technically speaking, torturing prisoners is illegal in this country anyway." Then he turned his gaze back to Mystic. "As I was saying, for more legitimate interrogation techniques, he's not easy to crack, and we don't have time for subtlety. He's just the sort to have some kind of psychic defense, but it's still worth a shot reading his mind. So you wanna try that first?"(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC(Mr. No-One): Raising an eyebrow at Captain Smug, the spook chose to remain silent about how big of a technicality that really was in situations like this. If someone kidnaps the President's kid, gets caught, and gets tortured, nobody in a position to know is likely to object.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:"Nope, pain is still painful. But pain is just the body's way of warning you about danger, isn't it?" asked Otherfade. "Not much point to caring about when you can't die. Of course, I never really let it get in the way when I could die, so there's that too."Otherfade lunged forwards, swinging a punch at Plasmafire. He might not be able to risk slashing him for fear of melting his wristblades, but he could still always phase a fist right through Plasmafire's skull.---"It's certainly worth a try," said Mystic. "As you say, he might have certain psychic resistances, but even the smallest details I can skim off his surface thoughts could prove useful. We can't control everything we think, after all."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC; Plasmafire barely saw it coming in time. He leaned back, his body bending at almost a 90 degree angle as he watched the fist sail just inches past his face. Heck, he could even see theshimmering effect as Otherfade phased his fist! And... The effect stopped just past his fist... Plasmafire reached up wildly, grabbing for Otherfades arm, near the elbow. If he could get a good grip, he might be able to burn the arm clean off! It might not cause any lasting effect, but it just might slow him down a bit...

NPC: Ultionis stood up abruptly. "Then we have our plan. Skyra, we need you to tire yourself out. Get to a point where you can sleep again and hope she contacts you. If need be, find sleeping pills, the doctors here might have something. But don't sleep until we get to you. Mystic and I will handle interrogation." He glanced at Mr. No-One. "I don't think I got your name, but I need you to check CIA files for past Coalition bases. It might give us a clue we can put together with the rest. If anyone has any other ideas, or any questions, now's the time to speak up. Otherwise, move out."(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC:As Plasmafire grabbed Otherfade's arm, he pulled his entire body backwards, dragging Plasmafire forwards. At the same time the snow shifted of its own accord, knocking him off balance. The two of them tumbled into the snow, the heat radiating of Plasmafire's body melting the snow and sending up a cloud of steam around the two. The steam obscuring his movements, Otherfade jumped to his feet and swung a swift kick at Plasmafire before he could get back up.---"No problems from me. Let's get moving," said Mystic. "Although... Skyra, if you have any trouble tiring yourself out, I'd recommend the League database. There are a few wordy entries in there I've always considered perfect cures for insomnia."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC (Surge): "Okay then. Let's get going." Said Surge. He picked up his two coworkers by the waist and took off. By creating an energy barrier in front of their faces, it kept them from being unable to see, while his minor control of moment energy (OOC: Did you know heat is just molecules vibrating at different speeds?) was able to keep them breathing. In a few moments they landed in front of the DA's office, where Elliot Thomas worked. OOC: I had to come up with a convoluted way for Surge to carry them at high speeds without them being blinded or suffocating due to lack of air.

OOC: Well, technically Fade said he didn't need books to tell him that because he tends to live exactly what they say but hey, close enough.

OOC: You got a point, i didnt remember exactly what he said yet so i improvised and wrote something that said the same thing.No Kaname IC, still wondering if i should let him join the fight.

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

IC: Skyra"Nah, I shouldn't have any trouble falling asleep. I haven't had a proper amount of sleep in days, so it should be easy. Though Mystic, if Crystal accidentally does that dream eating thing, or whatever you want a call it. Think you can act as the kill switch and wake me up? Because that was pretty painful last time." Skyra yawned. "Ya, I could easily fall asleep, I'm ready when you guys are."IC: Dreamcatcher"Hmm, that sounds like it could be it. I guess I can't really know though, since I don't recall."Crystal signed, she really need to get something...more from this guy, but he wasn't stupid, though, he wouldn't just start spilling important information. But she didn't think he knew she could contact people through her dreams, she could use that to her advantage. "So anyway, since we both seem to be stuck here with nothing better to do, got any interesting stores with encounters with other supers? Anything recent maybe?"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: You got a point, i didnt remember exactly what he said yet so i improvised and wrote something that said the same thing.

OOC: Well, it's the same thing, except for the part where it said exactly the opposite thing entirely.IC:"I should be able to wake you up should the need arise," said Mystic, before turning to leave the room. "Now, I should be leaving. I have a prisoner to attend to." [For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: "In that case," said Gap, speaking loud so as to be heard over the blaring music and squealing tires, "it would be best to try and keep him contained indoors. It sounds as if there's a good chance that he'll fight us, and if he does we want to be in a place where his powers are of small use. Meteorokinesis can be very dangerous in the right hands. Well, wrong hands. Well - you know what I mean." As part of her villainous upbringing she had been taught the ins and outs of dozens of superpowers. Already she was recalling all that she knew about weather manipulation; its strengths and weaknesses... because they were two members of the Coalition going to try and re-recruit a third, after all. Tensions were going to run high.IC: "What do you mean finish this fast? You were the one who attacked me! I didn't want to fight in the first place!" Sluice exclaimed. Mentally she 'gripped' the leftover ice and water around them, ready to react if X-Blade attacked again. She wasn't to make a move unless he did. As for Fellwyd though, she had no control over the alien's decisions...

Edited by Kumata

IC(Fellwyd): The alien was cautiously edging himself closer, trying to draw the enemy's attention to himself. He'd already worked out that water would be essentially useless for this fight, so unless Sluice was better at hand-to-hand combat than she let on, the task of achieving victory was likely to fall to the trained alien soldier.During the fight so far, he'd been analyzing the enemy's moves - he appeared to be a bit showy in combat, preferring the grand gesture to any sort of quick, decisive strike. This was good - a flashy show-off could have his arms snapped (or snapped off) in seconds by a level-headed veteran with a more simplistic approach to combat. The first step would be to take the ridiculous bludgeon the enemy called a sword away from him - the second would be to beat him senseless with it. All he needed was for his enemy to make a move towards either of them.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:"Oh yeah, power like that's gotta be deadly in the right wrong hands, no doubt there." Hivemind nodded. "Hey, I'm not quite up to date on how your powers work, but when we get to the house you can teleport inside it right? I mean, you can see the house now, so you can open up a wormhole inside it, yeah? I only ask because that was basically my plan for getting in the house. Sure, Tornado's not gonna like us just popping up on his property like that, but this plan doesn't give him a chance to start hurling lightning bolts while we're still walking to his front door."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.