To Save The World!

IC: SkyraSkyra, was unable to anything about Dirge's attack. He used his power make the air move the sound waves away from his ears, though it was only somewhat effective. Though, he could hardly hear at this point anyway, with the concussion and the blood loss and all. He barely flinched, determined to hold his ground. He was determined to prevent Aquarius from escaping, despite the fact that the odds were quite against them at this point. Aquarius still had to fight through him and Mystic.

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Thank you for the clear, concise answer.IC(Mr. No-One): The CIA agent was completely unconscious after the explosion.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: You know I hadn't missed Mr. No-One but I thought it'd be kind of unfair to attack him, since it'd just result in... well, exactly what's happened to him now.IC: Gadgeteer swivelled. How could the boy have gotten outside? Perhaps he had a superpower. That would explain how he had managed to escape from the Police in the first place. The armoured 'hero' stomped forwards, building up speed, and then-krishhh-leapt right through the window, in a maneuver that, if the boy he saw had been the real one, would have seen him land right on top of the fugitive and pin him to the sidewalk under his considerable weight. But as it turned out, all that lay beneath Gadgeteer was a collection of shattered glass. His fists clenched. Over the years Gadgeteer had battled against many different kinds of superbeings. He understood what he was dealing with now.The boy was a teleporter.IC: That was one technique Gap hadn't predicted. She twisted to try and avoid the lightning-coated arm, feeling a hot, sizzling sensation on her back as it brushed dangerously close. Her supersuit wasn't electricity-proof but at least it wasn't conductive either. She tried to get her footing and return to the shadows. She still had her strategy in mind, if only Tornado would let her use it.IC(NPC): Dirge began to let off more attacks, although rather than sonic booms they came in the form of rippling sound bursts containing more force than noise. What made them especially annoying was that, sound being what it was, they only appeared as slight distortions in the air and so were tricky to spot...

Edited by Kumata

OOC: First Silver, then Fellwyd, now this. Is that how you people see Sluice? As some sort of walking daycare?! :P

She just gives off this kind, nurturing motherly vibe that's oh so attra- ..... I mean..... noooooo she's a strong, independant woman :lookaround:IC(NPC): "Yes, yeeees yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Doctor Goodchild cackled manically as his creation, a horrendous mix of man and fly woke up in it's containment cell. The groteseque mess of jumbled parts, wings and limbs floundered around for a few seconds, screaming gibberish along the lines of "Graaaaaaaaaabaahraglashhhhhhiiiiiiimmmmmeeeeegaaaaaarh" and trying to get through the clear walls of its cell.Doctor Goodchild, renowned genetic scientist and lesser known evil genius knew this was one of his greater triumphs. True, these were still early days but this was a subject that had finally survived actually getting acid forced through their body, in order for it to be used offensively. The freak in the cage oblidged a demonstration, the maw of the fly-head spewing forth green acid which sizzled loudly, though sadly for it did not melt the special composition of it's cage. Intelligence would have to be tweaked, Goodchild noted, as now his subject had taken to ramming the cage wall in an attempt to get to its creator."Settle, settle.... can't have you broken yet, there's still so much to learn!" the aging doctor smirked, reaching for the 'calm' button only to notice another flashing that had escaped his attention earlier.... he frowned, reaching for the private phone line the flashing one. No-one was meant to call him on this line, and thus he couldn't remember a soul who'd know the number. "...... hello?""Doctor Goodchild"Oh.... him..."M-Mastermind! I wasn't expecting a call at this time, I'm just busy with a little... side project of mine....""I do not care for your experiments, Goodchild. What progress have you made regarding my.... condition?""Well, you see, Mastermind, the DNA sample I obtained is.... delicate.... especially given it's alien nature... whatever experiment that supposed Technax fellow did to you, it has both mutated and added foreign DNA to your own. Just analysing the stand in itself could take me mon-""...... so what progress HAVE you made?"Progress, progress..... he'd made progress, sure! Just not on that."Well I've began compiling an extensive database on the human, alien and mutated DNA and am in the process of unscambling them, and then I can test each with a neutro-adapter and discover the correct remedy to halt or reverse the mutations effects, according to the stimuli each resurgent strand adapts to as a resu-""Goodchild!""Y-Yes?""...... what on Earth made you believe lying to me would achieve anything?"Busted. Curses. But Mastermind was half the planet away, so he was safe from the mutant's wrath.... at least for a while. Accursed psychics, reading thoughts from that far!"It's not that I'm not working on it, your Masterfullness, I just-""Be silent! Since you will not tell me truth, I will explain it all to you. You have already given up on a cure, for what you've analysed of the DNA it's like nothing you've ever seen before... my body is composed of mutated DNA and alien DNA, and trying to seperate them is next to impossible.... but a cure would have to be complex beyond your understanding, for what might solve my mutation may in turn kill off the alien DNA that's now a part of my body, and vice-versa... put simply... it is far beyond what you could do with current technology.... that is all correct?"Silence. There was the nervous shaking of Goodchild's hand as he ran it through his thinning hairline, trying to keep cool. Mastermind knew everything, but had continued to invest for some time.... why would he do that?"I had hoped you would commit and stumble upon something at least remotely useful.. but you could not even manage that. You are now worthless to me""B-Be reasonable, you knew full well there's no garuntee of succe-""Goodbye, Doctor"The line went dead. Goodchild fumbled around under his desk, looking for the pistol he kept there. As if that'd help if Mastermind was coming for him, but it'd make him feel so much better. So where the heck was it, it was always there-"Raaaaaaaaghbraaahaaaabooo!"The freak flyman was looming over him, cocking it's head to the side a few times. Out of the corner of his eye Goodchild could see the faintest outline of a psychic aura fading from the creature's cell door.... Mastermind didn't even need to move to take him down. But if he could just reach the freak's designated killswitch he might survive a few more days...."BLAAAAAAAAARGH!" the flyman proceeded to vomit acid all over its master in a loving, affectionate way, said message not being recieved too well, what with all the agonized screaming. Since it was designed to be thick as a brick, the flyman just thought its master needed more "love" and vomited again, leaving no doubt the fate of the poor, poor Doctor. It would continue to empty its guts for several more minutes, until its attention was drawn to dozens of odd flying shapes in the air of the lab. Shouting gibberish at one of the shapes, it leapt at it and grabbed it in both mutated hands. Unfortunatly the shape promptly exploded along with the rest, blowing gouging holes in Goodchild's former lab as it was torn apart from inside, taking it's secrets along with it into the firestorm.********************Half a world away, Mastermind glanced down at his hand. So mishapen.... not normal... when would he finally be rid of this? Soon, he hoped..... but maybe it would never go away. Maybe he'd be stuck this way forever.... a true freak. The mutant growled and stood, turning away from a rudimentary table and slamming his tail down upon it in rage. The cheap plastic bent in the middle and collasped in on itself, it's keeping-stuff-off-the-floor days over. Mastermind silently raged, infuriated by his own appearance... what good was power if you had no chance at a normal existance! But things would change... one way or another, his luck WOULD change...OOC: That's my last post for about a week, going to the beach and that means no internet! :crying:Kumata has my permission to continue the Mastermind/Superbeing Smackdown plot as he see's fit, but I won't be able to control any SS teams (or Mastermind) until I get back. Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

OOC: Transairion, Dr. Freud will see you now. :PIC: "Do either of you need any supplies before we set off?""No, but I might ask you to hold onto our League IDs," said Sluice. "It'll be a bit of a giveaway if the staff search us and find those.""Right." A panel on one of the walls shifted, allowing a thin mechanical arm to extend and snatch the plastic cards from Sluice and Fellwyd's hands. "Like I said, we'll be there in under an hour. Sit tight." Another rumbling shudder revealed that Esp was taking off. Sluice sat herself upon the metal side bench, retracting her goggle-hood. She let out a slow sigh and appeared to be in deep thought for a few minutes. After a while she spoke up."Fellwyd, um, have you ever fought against a being with 'superpowers'? I mean, before you came to Earth?" It was a possibility - Sluice knew that Omega Radiation-fuelled abilities weren't exclusive to Earth. The late Crystaxian race had wielded them, for one...

Edited by Kumata

OOC: You know I hadn't missed Mr. No-One but I thought it'd be kind of unfair to attack him, since it'd just result in... well, exactly what's happened to him now.

OOC: Yeah, I kind of figured that after a while, I just wanted to make sure nobody was willing to attack the guy before I set him to, ah, 'sleep mode'. With no responses, I decided it would be best to just let him take a nap.Fellwyd IC coming later today - I haven't been awake for very long, so I'm not up to writing it right now. Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

NPC: From the outside it looked like most of the house had remained intact. From the inside it was clear that this was not the case. Not only had the roof collapsed inward, it seemed to have taken half of the second floor with it. The stairs were intact, as were most of the walls, but to move around would require navigating no end of treacherous, burnt ground and rubble, not to mention the few doorways that remained unblocked.There was one site that did seem to have been excavated: The path down to the basement, where William Elliott had been found. It seemed that he'd been left there after the interrogation, so if anything could be found, odds were good it'd be down there.NPC: Even by Ultionis' standards, this was not proving to be a good day. In the last one minute, he'd been thrown around like a ragdoll, hit with sonic waves that made his skull rattle like a dice cup, nearly deafened- Aagh! Make that twice - and forced to percieve a horde of skittering scorpions heading his way. And now, he noted as he stopped gripping his head, it seemed that was happening again too. He must've been hit with another blasted fear bolt because he could see the vile little creatures crawling across the ground like a wave of- No.He shook his head. It didn't make the scorpions go away. He closed his eyes. He could still hear the skittering. Finally he decided he would just have to deal with that and gripped his gun tighter. The good news was that Dread would have a much harder time moving around now. The bad news was that the softer leather had been hardened by the freeze grenade, so some of the weak points he'd aimed at earlier would be useless now. It was then that, for some reason, the villains began to retreat. It looked like a fighting retreat, but why would they- He stopped and turned around, ignoring that the scorpions had started making their way up his lower legs- There are no scorpions. There! A moving wall of ice. That could only mean one thing. His darts wouldn't get through there. It looked like he would have to resort to bullets a lot sooner than he'd wanted. He ejected the clips of darts and grabbed new ones, armor-piercing, live rounds this time, shaking off a scorpion- No scorpions. But it wasn't that easy. He could feel their legs moving up his, as if his armor weren't even there. He could feel the stinging in his legs as- Ignore it. He loaded the armor-piercing rounds. There was the feeling - first a burning sensation, followed by a slow, spreading numbness- It's in your head. Both guns now held proper ammunition. He called out to the villains. "Attention scumbags. I am now out of tranquilizer darts. This is your last chance to surrender before I start using lethal force." It was difficult, but he kept the fear out of his voice. He stepped on one of the scorpions- There are no scorpions. He couldn't feel his foot.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC [NYC/Steven]Having apparently outsmarted the armored superhero, Steven was rather pleased with himself. The clerk was in hysterics over his broken window, and was telling everyone to get out of the store. About five customers, Steven included, were pushed outside while the clerk tried to think of what he was going tell his boss. It was now Steven saw the blood dripping down next to him; his wound from when he broke the police car window. Quickly he fixed the illusion to have some cuts from the glass; last thing he needed was that giving him away.The mingled group broke off, and with them, Steven went on his way, trying to resist the urge to break into dance. He'd finally beaten the universe at it's own game; what could it do to him now.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC (Surge): Seeing the way open to the basement, Surge flashed down into it. As he entered the room, he not only looked for potential clues with his eyes, but extended tendrils of energy to feel for anything electronic or conductive, however without the strength to fry anything.

and with them, Steven went on his way, trying to resist the urge to break into dance. He'd finally beaten the universe at it's own game; what could it do to him now.

OOC: "Just then a piano collapsed onto Steven, killing him instantly" :PIC: Given that the boy hadn't teleported away earlier whilst attempting to navigate the traffic-laden street, and that he had only teleported to a short distance to escape the shop, Gadgeteer concluded that he must not be very skilled with his powers. That meant the boy might not have teleported far. Straightening up (and ignoring the shouts of the angry shopkeeper behind him) he scanned the environment for a possible hiding-place the boy might have chosen. His logic was perfectly sound, it was just unfortunate that it was dead wrong. Gadgeteer had gone back to regular viewing mode and was marching about, peering through other shop windows and alleys into which the boy could have escaped...

OOC:POh wait, now that I beat Gadgeteer kinda sorta... what am I suppose to do now? xDIC [NYC/Steven]The man kept his illusion up, walking down the busy streets as the finally began to dip below the horizon. Night was coming, and he'd like to get somewhere to stay before night completely fell. The good thing was that he had beaten a superhero; and if you could beat an armored man with what appeared to be superstrength, then he doubted any other heroes would be problematic as long as he kept his head low.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: SkyraSkyra did what he could to stop Dirge's attacks with his own powers, but it was proving difficult with his injuries. His body was screaming for him to just lie down. But he couldn't, not yet anyway...He continued to hold his ground.

IC:It wouls have seemed as though Mystic was at more of a disadvantage than the others, unable to see them and barely able to hear after those sonic booms. But she still had one advantage: she was seeing through Dirge's eyes, and could see the direction he was launching his sound bursts. She threw up a shield to protect herself, then moved it slightly to deflect a few headed for Skyra.Try and keep Aquarius occupied, she thought into Skyra's mind, figuring neither of them had the best hearing at the moment. I'll see if I can't deal with this one.Mystic turned away, bringing herself about to face Dirge. She extended her hands forwards, pushing force outwards down the corridor to slam against Dirge.Dread, meanwhile, continued to move a little further back down the hall. He'd heard Ultionis, but didn't particularly care. He didn't see much reason to surrender, and it wasn't like he'd never been threatened with death before; heck, sometimes by people who didn't work in the Coalition. Still, he launched a few stray fear beams into the air, not particularly caring if they hit anyone. Mostly, they were just there as a deterrent to anyone wishing to follow him.---Tornado spun about as Gap tried to vanish into the darkness, hurling more electricity after her. The cellar flashed with light as it sizzled by, illuminating Gap as she ran. If nothing else, the lightning would make hiding a bit harder. At the same time Tornado was hurling lightning from one hand, he raised the other and clenched his fist. The winds picked up once again, trying to drag Gap into the path of the crackling electricity...[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC: SkyraSkyra turned to Aquarius and is ice wall. I wonder if... Skyra, took the katana in his right hand and jabbed the ice wall, which began to crack. Skyra did this quite clumsy like do to his injuries, but still, all those years of sword training weren't for nothing. He pulled his katana out of the ice and jabbed again, this time, he hit the sweet spot, it shattered. "Hi...." He said to Aquarius, managing to grin a little despite the pain he was in.

NPC: I warned him. Forcing himself to focus despite the rising terror of scorpions crawling up his waist, Ultionis turned out from cover and took aim at Dread's knee, narrowly avoiding another fear beam as he did. He wasn't sure if another beam would really affect him, but he had no intention of finding out. For now, Dread had ignored his last opportunity to surrender. That was a mistake he would pay for with his left kneecap.There was a loud, sharp Bang! this time. Darts didn't make much noise, but this was a shaped round that could punch through plated titanium alloy. When it went off, people would know.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

Oh wait, now that I beat Gadgeteer kinda sorta... what am I suppose to do now? xD

OOC: Try and acquire a place to live without the universe turning on him, maybe.IC(NPC): Dirge tried to repel the oncoming telekinetic attack with a blast of hurricane-force winds. Given that psychic constructs usually trump physical influence he was largely unsuccessful, and staggered back as he attack struck.IC: Gap hopped and ducked as electricity flared against the floor and wine racks around her. Steadily the winds began to grow in strength, creating more and more resistance each time she leapt away from a bolt. Inwardly she cursed. Tornado being able to utilise lightning hadn't factored into her strategy. Either she'd have to adapt, or prevent him from using lightning somehow...Ducking behind another wine rack for cover, she was protected as the next electric bolt hit. She peeped out and observed the area in which Tornado was standing as fast as she could. The trail of wires crackled, moments before electricity surrounded his arm and he aimed another attack - of course, it must be being conducted from the roof, just like in that electrified hallway. She just needed to sever those wires.She rolled away as the wine bottles above her exploded with the force of the next attack. The exposed skin of her face was brushed by tiny glass shards, resulting in several papercut-like injuries. As she ducked behind the next wine rack she tried to catch her breath, but it was difficult with the ever-increasing winds. This had to end soon. If she could just sit here and gather her focus for a moment or two...

OOC: Bit more of a delay than expected. The bookstore botched my order, so I had to deal with that bit of nonsense.IC(Fellwyd): "Not as such, no. Many of those associated with the Diemawr, either as allies or enemies, have natural abilities differing from my own, but none so strange as what I have seen here. It is the attitudes more than the abilities that I have seen paralleled on other worlds - petty warlords like the Reaper, for example, are not rare in the universe."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OCC: @lord rahi, you are wrong, but thanks for getting me aproved :biggrin:IC: lone knew it was time to leave Hollywood. he had heard about a league base somewhere in NYC."best to get there, maybe someone will have some work fit for a cyborg."OCC: just to start off. any ideas on where to put him?

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC@TLW; You could travel to NYC and bump up with my illusionist character. That should be fun.

voidstars.png

OCC:@ sweetroll: sure, this will be very fun :biggrin:IC: as lone was running around the streets of New York, he ran right into a lady on the sidewalk,"oh, sorry ma'am.I didn't see you there."OCC: im assuming that steven looks like a hero. if not I'll edit it.EDIT: ok, that's fixed

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

IC: Plasmafire leaned heavilly against a wall and sighed. "Okay... So we need a plan, something we can get done fairly quick, while we still have momentum. Right off the bat, I'm thinking we need a big strike force. If Frigids can see wherever the frost is, trying to sneak in a small group won't work. I'm thinking that Longshot is the center of the plan, she's obviously our best chance at a headshot. The rest of us will need to protect her from Frigid's attacks and provide general distractions. If Stella pulls through, she'll be our go-to distraction, for obvious reasons. All we need is one good shot, guys. Now, admittedly, I'm a newcomer here so I may be missing information. Anyone have anything to add?"IC: Negafire settled back in his seat, trying to put himself in the mindset of Plasmafire. "Zaparus, is there any other information we need to know?"IC: Magneta saw Surge flash into the basement, and followed quickly. She reached the bottom of the starway and stood there, waiting for her eyes to adjust to the low light...

Edited by Toa Korkoa: Toa of plasma

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOCSteven is a 5' 7" Peruvian twenty two year old man -might be older, I can't keep all my character's ages straight in my head-, who is currently using his power to look like some random generic woman walking down the street. I suggest running and accidentally crashing into him, preferably from behind. Unexpected collisions cause his powers to go wacky.

voidstars.png

IC: So, thought Sluice, supervillains were a common occurrence across the universe. Why was she not surprised?"The reason I ask is because this tournament we're about to enter is, obviously, full of people with superpowers. Amongst superbeings there are certain powersets that are very common. So when we fight, I may be able to detail the powersets of our opponents for you."But in any case, if we meet him in the arena we should be especially careful of Mastermind. It seems that he possesses some sort of psychic powers - one of the most dangerous powersets." Sluice was not one to take psychic powers lightly. Her worst experiences in life had resulted from the influence of one psychic or another, and in turn those experiences had let to her current mental condition. "Psychic superbeings have the ability to influence the thoughts of others. They can read minds, attack minds, alter minds, control minds. They can also generate telekinetic force, which allows them to move objects without even touching them or create solid barriers of it. Sometimes they can even perceive brief glimpses of the future..."

OOC: @thelonewander - Alright, thanks for the confirmation. Like I said, I didn't recongize The Shadows Out of Time, so I'm trying not to make that mistake again. Welcome to the RPG!Also, it's Lord Rahl, with an L. It's not a Bionicle reference, but a reference to possibly the greatest fantasy-genre hero I've ever read about (who, I might add, is most epically displayed in my avatar). That's not the first time I've been called Lord Rahi, though. :biggrin:@TSOoT - I realized he was there, but I've just been throwing ambiguous attacks into the hallway with no specific target.IC: (Loadstone)Loadstone was flying down the hallway, desperately trying to escape the spiders that were following him. He seemed to be outdistancing them, like they were becoming insubstantial, dissipating...Focusing on where he was flying, he found himself in a pitched battle between Omega, Shard, and two more Coalition Villains. The sounds of battle echoed from within the mansion as well, accompanied by the revving of an automobile engine.OOC: Whatever happened to the Omega/Meltdown Shard/Archmage fight? We seemed to have abandoned that for the Aquarius one below...I'd have attacked KILL, but Trans just disappeared for a week, so there's no rush, I suppose.IC: (Aquarius)The ice wall shattered into hundreds of shards, which Aquarius hurled at Skyra with a grunt. "Hello yourself," he replied, willing up a wall of water to slam into the Heroes again. If he had it angled right, it would plow through Mystic and Ultionis."Take down the psychic!" he called out to no one in particular. The throbbing in his head and the pain radiating through his body was getting to be unbearable.OOC: Quick Q, H-D - how long is that tranquilizer dart supposed to last? Is Impact going to wake up, or is he going to have to be dragged out behind the others? :PIC: (NPC - Zaparus)By now the plane had lifted out of the hangar roof with gathering speed and was currently sailing out over the Arctic. Far below, the hangar doors closed back in on themselves, thick sheets of ice and fake snow causing them to blend back into the frozen waste."Well, you're probably aware of it, Negafire, but Nihilo has little knowledge of the ISNN, so I'll point it out - a good number of reporters and employees of the ISNN are superpowered," Zaparus replied. "The organization provides the perfect cover for Hero alter egos, and some of them are even League. In a legitimate sense, they need their powers to protect themselves when filming on the outskirts of a battle, so the people running the ISNN think nothing of it. Some of their reporters even have their own aliases themselves."Essentially what I'm saying is that if we let slip who we really are, there are probably going to be some League members nearby to pounce on us. And if that happens, the govenment will come down on us faster than you can imagine - neither of you are held in particularly high regard by the feds at this point. So, in the interests of completing the mission, if either of your identities is compromised, I'm going to have to disassociate myself from you and act like I was unaware of your masquerade."I figure I should let you know that up front, given that in the service of the Coalition greater betrayals have been known to occur. It's all about getting the information out of there, nothing personal."~Lord Rahl~

Edited by Lord Rahl

IC [NYC/Steven]Being a master in getting ran into by random people, Steven's illusion didn't flicker too much; but it did flicker enough for his actual form to show through before he controlled his thoughts.Here we go again...

voidstars.png

OOC: That dart? That's about four milligrams of ace - just shy of a horse tranquilizer and the maximum amount you can inject into the average human without poisoning them. He could be out for a while...NPC: There didn't seem to be any electronics in the basement, save for a washing machine and dryer, but on the bright side it looked to be relatively untouched by the fire. The place was made of cement and seemed to have held up nicely, meaning the evidence was almost untouched. Unfortunately... there wasn't much evidence. there was a chair that seemed to have been knocked over and a few scorchmarks on the wall that probably weren't from the fire, judging by the fact that one of them had a handprint shape. Other than that, the place was pretty empty.H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: SkyraThe concentrated air around Skyra was too thin to last long against the shards of ice, and dissipated quickly and the rest of the shards knocked Skyra right to the floor, he managed to prevent hitting the back of his head again thankfully. But now, he couldn't move, and more than one of those shards had managed to pierce weak spots in his armor around his arm and legs, thankfully the chest piece on his armor was strong enough to prevent the shards from getting through. He cried out in pain. "Sorry...guys...I'm out...." And with that he felt his eyes growing dark, unconsciousness was slowly closing in.OOC: He's out of the fight now....

Edited by Snelly

IC (Surge): Surge quit his energy tendrils when he discovered no electronic substances besides the washer and dryer, and walked over to look at the scorch marks. "Did McTaggert say Elliot was burned? I can't remember." Surge asked. He began trying to trace the scorch marks, to see if they had a point of origin that could be deduced. This would enable him to determine if the handprint was from someone who lit himself on fire, or someone lit on fire.IC (Nihilo): "And all this risk and possible death for a little paperwork..." Nihilo mumbled under his breath, slightly audibly. Neggy might have been able to hear it, but he wasn't sure about Zaparang.OOC: Thought I'd try the color thing.

Edited by King Joe

OOC:This looks like fun. With my useless Marvel & DC Comic knowledge, I should be able to get along fine. (I realize that this is not Marvel or DC RPG, just saying I know comics)Real Name: Paul SmithsonAlias: StrikeAppearance: When "powered" his entire body is covered in a black, sleek plastic-like substance that he can make appear and dissapear at will. His figure is very changed when "powered". How? He has long and lean arms, with crazy long 8 inch fingers, legs that are digitgrade (I think that's what it's called...) and a huge, grinning, fanged mouth, and a thinner, stretched head (No, he has eyes). More lean than normal, and his shoulders and lower arms are lined with spikes. Simply, " A Xenomorph mixed with Venom (Marvel Character)"Power(s): Strike is super-human, able to lift 20 tons, run at about 60 MPH, and leap huge distances. His body can be controled into shapes, such as two spikes for legs, or a hammer for a hand.Allegiance: Solo HeroArea: Born and Raised in America. Ohio, to be percise. Currently patrols New York.Bio: Paul Smithson is one of the stranger Heroes out there, thanks to his unique appearance. Strike is often compared to "A Xenomorph mixed with Venom (Marvel Character)", which fits suprisingly well. As Paul Smithson, he is quiet, helpful, and intelligent, but as Strike, he's insane, uncontrolable, and strange. The origin of Strike is strange as well, and goes as follows; Paul, helping a friend repair his car, was witness to a Alien crash-landing, thanks to a military plane striking it down. Paul's friend ran for help, but he stayed. Unusually brave, He walked over to the crash sight, and was confronted by the wounded alien. The alien, a being that could bond with hosts, bonded with Paul, forming the Hero we know as Strike. If the alien wishes, he can turn into a tiny, two foot verison of Strike, but is powerless in that form. The alien's mind rules the suit along with Paul.

Edited by Lord Darkon

pNNgXax.jpg

IC:"Well, it's a gamble, and we'll be lucky to even hit Frigid. Strike at her at range, and she'll freeze it in midair. Strike up close... well, then she'll just freeze you instead. It's not going to be as simple as plugging a bolt through her skull. Just because we know what could kill Frigid doesn't mean that suddenly we magically can," said Bolt. "Not to mention, fighting her in her tower is going to be close to suicide.. We've never been able to risk a close enough look at the tower to know its layout, and heights like that are not ideal for fighting her in an entire structure carved out of ice..."---Having lost sight of Gap behind the rows of wine racks, Tornado launched a sweeping arc of electricity through the air, sending shards of broken glass and burnt wood flying as he tried to flush her out. When he stopped this assault, however, the electricity surging across his body dissipated. Tornado paused for one moment, calling down another lightning strike to recharge himself for another attack...Further away, Hivemind rolled over and groaned. If she’d been in a bad state before, it had only gotten worse. She could barely stand, but since there were currently hurricane-force winds and bolts of lightning shooting overhead, not being able to stand up was probably for the best. Hivemind dragged herself up against a nearby wine rack, being careful not to rattle any bottles. By the looks of things Gap was in some serious danger, but there wasn’t much Hivemind could do. She’d be squashed instantly in a direct confrontation with Tornado; all she could do was wait to see if an opportunity presented itself...---Mystic could sense Skyra’s mind slipping into unconsciousness, and started turning her focus towards forcing him back awake. She quickly stopped herself, however, and allowed his mind to go dark. Skyra was already badly hurt, and forcing him to stay in the fight would probably kill him. As much as Mystic might have preferred some backup here - especially since Aquarius seemed determined to paint a target on her back - she realized it would only do more harm in the long run.More pressingly, there was the matter of the wave Aquarius was slamming down the corridor at her. Mystic ducked sideways, psychic energy forming a curving barrier at her command. With any luck, this would redirect the current away from herself and send it slamming right into Dirge.Dread, despite ignoring Ultionus’s warnings, had enough common sense to try and get out of the way of a man with a gun. At Ultionus fired he ducked out of the way, the bullet just barely missing his leg. Unfortunately, with the ice ruining the mobility of this suit, Dread was unable to balance himself and nearly crashed to the ground. As he sought to regain balance, Dread shot out a fear beam at Ultionus, hoping another rush of fear would occupy his mind long enough for Aquarius’s wave to hit.“Hey, you control ice, yeah?” Dread asked as he moved a little closer to Aquarius, motioning to the ice coating his armor. “Care to do something about all this, then?”---Archmage ducked and rolled out of the way of Shard, and swung her staff about to fire at Loadstone’s magna-board. Ideally, she just wanted to reduce his mobility by destroying his main form of transportation, but if it took off his legs as well Archmage wasn’t going to complain.[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC:Kaname raised a question from his little space, "Is there anywhere were the sun shines brightly and hot enough so that maybe we can Draw her out of her little cage? i mean so far I only seen and fought -And almost died- was nothing more than a copy. So how do we get the Real Frigid out of there and brought to a place where we can have an advantage? I mean if there was no wind I could make the area have no oxygen by radiating Lightning at a constant level, But we would need a place where she would actually make to come to in order to fight us."he remained silent for a few moments, "But then again i wouldn't know if her power would level out a little where there's npot much of her element to use to make a Copy of herself even if there was such a place."

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

IC: All was quiet for a moment. This was Gap's chance. Taking a deep breath, she rolled out from her hiding place and sprang to her feet. Tornado was still standing in the lighted centre of the room, currently non-electrified. He still had several other powers at his disposal, so she'd have to pull this off as fast as possible. She began to resume her familiar tactic of flinging-wine-bottles-from-the-shadows. For Tornado, the logical course of action was to direct his attacks towards the area where the wine bottles were flying from. And so he did, oblivious to the fact that just within the pool of shadows sat the freshly-formed opening of a wormhole. Gap had recovered her focus now. The other end of the wormhole was positioned at an angle in the darkness behind Tornado, so that the wind blast he was aiming for Gap should flow through and hit himself and - unless she'd worked it out wrong - propel him right into the tangle of wires, which hopefully would be enough to break them.IC(NPC): Dirge growled. He was clutching his forehead and didn't seem to have fully recovered from the last attack, but was able enough to generate a swell of wind that redirected the flow of water once more. With Mystic's barrier still in place, the water began to swirl in the centre of the corridor, forming a sort of flattened whirpool."Aquarius is free now!" Dirge yelled, using his sonic abilities to amplify his voice. "Let's not waste time in getting out of here!"IC(NPC): Meltdown had recovered from his daze, though he was now somewhat dizzy from all the blood rushing to his head (he was still hanging upside-down). In a listless attempt to get free he began flinging globs of plasma at Omega, although his aim was so vague that the attacks might end up hitting Shard, Loadstone or even Archmage...

Edited by Kumata

NPC: Ultionis ducked back, but just a moment too late. The fear beam grazed his arm as it whipped around the edge of the doorframe. Immediately the scorpions seemed to double in speed as well as numbers- Ignore it. Their stingers jabbed into his skin every inch of the- Ignore it. Burning, then numbness. It was getting difficult to move his legs- Ignore it! One crawled up his neck. Ignore it! His face. Ignore it! Its stinger hovered above his eye-I. Will. Not. BREAK!Had the thought been vocalized it would have been heard throughout the house. Instead, probably every psychic in this part of Manhattan heard it. Ultionis turned toward the wall and, without hesitation, slammed his forehead against it, gritting his teeth against a fresh wave of pain. It was blinding, and for a moment he thought he had overdone it, but as soon as he regained his footing he looked down. No scorpions. It seemed to have jolted the fear loose... for now. If he got hit with another of those things, he might not fare so well. That would teach him to underestimate someone because they dressed like a black knight from bad fantasy.Once all the feeling returned to his limbs he picked up his second pistol, dropped at some point in the confusion. Live rounds. Not armor-piercing in this one, but against average, medieval armor it wouldn't be necessary anyway. Then he promptly leapt out of the way of the wall of water coming up the hall - he wasn't sure if it would have gone through the doorway with Aquarius controlling it, but no chances taken. Brilliant. His arsenal did not at this time contain anything that could stop a - did that water wall just turn into a whirlpool? Whatever. Normally at this point he would have preferred to use a simple, incendiary grenade, but with two wounded plus Mystic in the area it was too much of a risk. Instead... He would have to wait. Once the villains got moving, he could shoot them, preferably in the back. Easier that way. (H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: when lone bumped into the lady, he saw it was an illuslion. he was shocked for about half a second then said as calmly as possible"tell me who you are right now or your going to have the fight of your life."OCC: this is going to be fun!!

War...war never changes.

OOC: Well, seeing as were all gonna need a doctor pretty soon, I'll make an NPC! :biggrin:NPC: Dr LightDr Light sat in the emergency room in the mansion, waiting for the current battle taking place all over the mansion to end, as soon as it did, he'd be cleared to rush as many injured people as he could to his ward and heal them up.He wished he could help in the fight, but as one of the few healers on site, he couldn't afford to risk getting hurt himself, people needed him to be ready to take care of the injured when the battle was over. OOC: Dr Light is a healer, and also has light based powers.IC: Skyra, DreamcatcherSkyra fell completely unconscious, he began to drift into a dream. Crystal awoke from her sleep on the beach in the dreamworld, she detected Skyra was asleep, but something wasn't quite right about it, like he hadn't fallen asleep the normal way. She couldn't seem to create a bridge from the dreamworld to his dream at the moment either. Skyra's mind was blocking it involuntarily.

Edited by Snelly

IC [NYC/Steven]"Mate," at this point it wasn't worth holding the illusion, so Steven let it drop. "Seriously, chill. No need to get all suddenly 'hey I'm going fight someone!' on me. Just a guy passing by; no need to get all rage on me."

voidstars.png

IC:"sorry. first thing i think when i see someone do that is go for a fight. wandering the world was done that to me.anyways... the names Lone."he said. lone was actully glad this guy wasn't looking for a fight.he just got his armor cleaned...OCC:i was woundering how you might react to lone being a little violent. see you took the safe route :)

War...war never changes.

OOCWell, Steven isn't the fighting sort of guy. His powers are about craftiness and trickery, not brute force. In a fight he's pretty losy, so he prefers not to be in direct confrontations.IC [NYC/Steven]"Steven. Well, actually, I have a few names, but that's the one I was given." The man shrugged. "Oh, and by the way, watch out up ahead. Man in powered armor; some superhero chasing after a lowlife. He doesn't seem to care about property damage."His form shimmered, a generic man taking his place. "If you don't mind, though, I've got places to be, things to see, people to speak to."OOCFollow him or something; it'll be worth your while.

voidstars.png

"your not getting away that easy.lets stick together. i might need something to wear though. a cyborg might attract wandering eyes"OCC: lone knows how to blend into a crowd. have Steven give lone a duster or something like that. lets see what you come up with.

War...war never changes.