To Save The World!

IC [NYC/Steven]"If you insist." At this point Steven had been jaded against pretty much everything; superheroes fighting supervillains, aliens invading, by now a cyborg barely made him blink. "A warning though; you pay for your own drinks."With that Steven continued down the road, remembering a map in his head. He wanted to try a trick or two out at a bar; while he wasn't a drinking man, he felt this would be a perfect chance to test out an illusion trick he'd been thinking of.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:"The warmest part of Frigid's domain? Why not ask for the driest part of the ocean while you're at it?" asked Bolt. "There might be some place on Earth untouched by Frigid's conquest, but we don't have nearly the resources to find it. Not that Frigid has any reason to ever come out of her tower; not when she can materialize out of the frost anywhere in the world..."---Fade slipped upstairs, taking a step out into what had once been the living room. The fighting had taken an even greater toll on the house; the walls were cracked and crumbling under the weight of snow shifting overhead, bits of the ceiling had caved in, and debris was scattered just about everywhere. Fade leaned against the wall, head slumped, and extended an arm. Flecks of orange light crackled in his palm, sizzling with power and bathing the room in its glow."So... running out on us, are we?"Fade glanced up. The light of the portal cast deep shadows where it could not go, and from one of those shadows shapes were emerging, The shapes formed into a silhouette, revealing itself to be Longshot.“The others are still bickerin’ downstairs. Tha’s usually yer specialty, so I couldn’ help but worry when I noticed yah weren’t chimin’ in,” she said. "So... plannin' to tell yer friends 'fore you abscond into tha' night? I'd say abandonin' yer friends didn't seem like your style, but... well, you are...""If I leave, I'll be taking Plas with me. Provided I can convince him, of course, but since I'm his ride home I imagine that won't be hard," said Fade, refusing to make eye contact. "Kaname... I suppose I'll end up dragging him along too. This universe has enough problems without him in it.""Then this is a goodbye?" asked Longshot. "Nah' even gonna stick around to help?""Help how?" Fade said simply. "This isn't my world. This isn't my fight.""Don't you dare give me tha'. I know how yeh are; yer not nearly as hard to figure out as ya' like ta' think yeh are," Longshot said. "Yer the sorta person who'll fight to tha' bitter end fer someone you just met. The sort who'll stand against the entire world for somethin' he believes is right. The sort who wants to save everyone. Definitely not the sort to say this isn't their fight. Am I gettin' warm?"Fade chose not to say anything."Let me venture another guess. It ain't tha' this isn't yer fight. It's that it's too much yer fight," continued Longshot. "You don't wanna confont it, an' now that you have a way out, yer gonna take it. But, really... I'd say that makes all tha' argument to face that fight all tha' more compelling."Fade turned to Longshot, glaring down at her."If you're going to be so persistant about this... I've confronted this more than enough. Back in my universe I had to watch Frigid go mad and die, and if it wasn't enough I had to do it all over again. Then there's her madman of a father out to ruin my life, and he's warped an innocent woman into some sick imitation of her just to mess with me," he said. "I've got enough to deal with without dealing with her in alternate realities as well. And even if I stop her here, there's still an infinite number of realities out there. Infinite Frigid's just waiting to twist the knife a little further. Infinite worlds where I'm just a coin flip away from betraying the entire world. Why should I care about any of them?"Longshot let the room stand silent for a few moments. Then her fist swung out, striking Fade in the jaw."Alright... which part was that for?" asked Fade as he picked himself up off the floor."First, 'cause you really deserved it. Second, fer thinking yer imput's got nothing on these realities," Longshot said. "Want me to let ya in on a secret? Your reality, tha' one where Frigid became a zombie? There's a world out there where you've have said yes there. But there's also one where our Fade would'a told 'er no. Those realities don't make the choices fer yeh. It's yer choices that make them. An' right now, you need to make a choice..."Fade stopped. Wheels began turning in his head, plans were starting to form."...I think you've got a point, actually," he finally said, making a run for the stairs. "Alright, let's do this."---Gap's plan worked perfectly; Tornado sent a gust of wind barreling forwards at where he'd assumed Gap would be... not expecting it to strike him in the back and send him flying. He landed in the tangle of wires, sending sparks flying as they tangled and snapped. The glow of the computer monitors flickered, casting the entire room into an inky black void. A few enraged shouts could be heard as Tornado pulled himself free... then silence. The darkness was still concealing Gap, but now finding Tornado would be just as difficult. The sound of glass clinking broke the silence, Tornado's winds sweeping the cellar as he searched for Gap again...---Mystic heard Ultionis's psychic shout and, unfortunately for her, since she was still linked mentally to him it was like shouting with a megaphone into her mind. She tried not to let it distract her, however. Slowly, inch by inch, Mystic began altering the dimentions of her barrier, trying to force the whirlpool up higher until it could become a wave that came crashing over Dirge's defences...[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

OOC: @H-D - I was afraid you'd say that. Dragging it is, then.@Snelly - Useful charrie; from what I can tell, we've only had two or three League medics shown up to this point. Actually, I've noticed that in the wake of the alien invasion, these battles have become increasingly brutal and damaging to our characters (hence the sudden need for Doctor characters). Either we're so used to hurling attacks at mindless robots that we're having a hard time reconditioning to damageable humans, or we've just got a lot of agression that we need to work out. :PIC: (Loadstone)"Hey!" Loadstone shouted, twisting away from the disintegration bolt Archmage threw at him. He didn't know what it did, but he had a solid knowledge of the fact that getting hit by any kind of energy hurt. A lot.The way he moved meant that the bolt struck the back portion of the magnaboard, eating right through it like acid. Loadstone's eyes widened. All right, he definitely didn't want to get hit by those beams.Flipping around in the air to avoid a stray ball of plasma, Loadstone sent out a magnetic pulse toward Archmage. It was an old tactic of his - the pulse would grab hold of anything magnetic on a Villain and yank it backwards. Not content with the chances of Archmage not having anything magnetic on her, he followed it up with a blast of electricity with enough voltage to stun her.IC: (Aquarius)"Sure thing," Aquarius said through gritted teeth, waving a hand from Dread to Mystic. The ice melted off of Dread's armor, drops of water forming into icy needles that flew through the air toward the psychic. Seeing that the water surge was doing no good, he lashed out at it with his rapidly dwindling willpower, freezing the currents solid. What resulted was a towering ice structure that seemed to split the corridor in half.Aquarius clutched at his head. If someone didn't force Mystic to stop attacking him soon, he was going to be forced to concentrate solely on blocking the pain. "Let's...go," he panted, hurrying to put the ice construct between him and the remaining Heroes.IC: (NPC - Zaparus)"Oh, and just a side note, the League is likely to make a point of taking me into custody if they discover who I am," Zaparus said in an offhanded tone. "I used to work for the League - or so I'm told - and they're convinced that they can work me back into their ranks. Hence the old man disguise."~Lord Rahl~

OOC: I dunno 'bout the rest of you, but I think I've always been beating up Fade this much. Maybe the rest of you just finally caught up. :PIC:With the current frozen solid, Mystic had no more need to shape it with her mind. Without a single outward motion she spun the barrier to the side, bringing it about to her defense against the ice needles. A few got past her defenses and cut tiny slashes along her arm; Mystic winced but did her best to hide the pain from the villains present. She always strove to keep her emotions to herself in conversation; why should that change in battle?Next problem: the ice barrier Aquarius was trying to put between her and the villains. Mystic marched after them, letting her own barricade dissolve into ribbons of silvery-white energy. She let them swirl around her, then, one by one, sent them slamming against the ice. Cracks shot through the ice construct as it was slammed with telekinetic force, each blow threatening to crack clean through...---It did appear that Archmage had a few magnetic objects on her, as a few ornate and glittering necklaces and bracelets tore loose and followed after the magnetic orb. Unfortunately for Loadstone, her staff was not one of those things. She fired off a few disintegration bolts - albeit only to stop a few of Meltdown’s stray plasma bursts heading towards her - and grinned sideways towards Loadstone.“Hey, stealing fancy jewelery is usually my thing, not you Lea- Uhoh.Realizing there was also a bolt of electricity streaking towards her, Archmage sprung to evade. Planting her staff on the ground, Archmage used it for a bit of extra leverage to flip backwards and slide out of the way. She landed catlike on the ground nearby and sprung to her feet, leaving only a burning scorch on the carpet where she’d been seconds before.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Shard stepped closer under the cover of his (severely damaged) shield. He had a new plan, but it would require him to get in close, where she couldn't blast him to smithereens. He moved cautiously, if not very gracefully, around the villainess, waiting for her to drop her guard - and there was the distraction, as if on cue. Loadstone swooping in at just that moment seemed a tad coincidental, but he wasn't one to question good fortune. Discarding the heavy shield, he dashed in and stretched out his arm, aiming to grab the staff.Fun fact: Nobody could win a tug of war with him. He was a moving statue of diamond. If he gripped something and pulled, it would move. And despite her surprising gymnastics, Archmage frankly didn't look all that strong.*H-D*NPC: The ice barrier presented a problem, but at least this was a problem Ultionis was equipped to handle. He could tell Mystic was still linked to him - the little itch at the back of his head attested to psychic interaction - so he thought strongly to her, Get to cover. I'm gonna blow it. He extracted a grenade (the regular, explosive type this time) from his pocket, waited a moment for Mystic to get to safety, pulled the pin and tossed it to the base of the barrier. After that? Duck.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC:"alright then. I could use a drink.so where is this bar at?"

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: I usually don't draw characters that already have an image representing them in their profile. It is for this reason I'm not going to draw Kaname Crescent. His Black Lightning form, however...

KanameLightningForm.png

IC(NPC): A boost of wind sent Dirge soaring along the corridor, back into the shaft of the broken lift. He began forming a powerful updraft, so that when his allies reached him they would be swept upwards instantly...OOC: Gap IC later.

OOC: With how metal that looks, Kaname should use an ax instead of a sword.IC(Fellwyd): "Is there any particular advice you can give me on dealing with those who have the abilities you describe?" The alien saw how enemies with the ability to influence the minds of their enemies could be a problem, but didn't really see any clear way to combat someone that could do that, apart from disabling them quickly to avoid giving them the chance to attack.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC [NYC/Steven]"Dunno. I live life just searching for these things." Well, not entirely true; he was going off of a map he had memorized, after all. The duo soon arrived at the bar, Steven's form morphing to a thirty year old woman before walking in. Society, as he had found out while living in Britain, still was slanted. So if his little trick failed, this form would buy him an extra five seconds or so before someone tried clubbing/macing/shooting/other nastiness-ing him. If one is the universe's punching bag, one must learn to delay the punches for as long as possible.Slipping up to the bar, Steven ordered a drink, clinching his fist as he summoned an illusion. He handed the cashier a twenty dollar bill, the man breaking it and giving him back his change. Once the cash was successfully put away, Steven let his illusion go. He might of just figured out a get-rich-quick scheme. Thankfully for the world, he had no interest in being rich; if he did he'd of done this long ago. All he cared about was getting by without the universe beating him up.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: "I've heard that a useful tactic is to try and think lots of random thoughts." Sluice decided not to tell Fellwyd how many times she had been helplessly manipulated by psychics. It would only dent his confidence in her advice. "It might also help if you concentrated on alien words or concepts. Psychic attacks require concentration to generate, so if you can disrupt their focus that's helpful too."IC: Gadgeteer wrenched open a dumpster. Nothing. He peered into parked cars. Nothing. No matter which possible hiding place he checked, the boy was nowhere to be found. And now people were staring to approach him, the angry shopkeeper and others who had been inconvenienced by his wild searching. Rapidly losing patience for the entire situation, he activated his leg pistons and leapt onto a rooftop, slipping away from the sound of their annoyed protests.IC: As darkness fell Gap hopped into the wormhole before her. The sudden relocation would at least mean Tornado would have as much trouble finding her as her him. She tried to keep as quiet as possible in the silence that followed, breathing steadily and treading carefully. She heard the clinkle of glass and for a second thought she had him - but upon feeling the breeze around her legs realised that it was just the bottles being disturbed in the wind.As soundlessly as she could, she crouched, grabbed a bottled and flung it. Either it'd hit Tornado or trick him into thinking she was somewhere else...OOC: I understand now that I made a big mistake in not giving either Gadgeteer or Gap ranged attacks. Luckily I still have an Equipment Upgrade for Viktor that I haven't yet used...

Edited by Kumata

IC: once lone got to the bar he order a shot of whiskey. he hadn't had drink in a good long time. might as well have one now. lone gave the cashier a twenty and ordered another shot of whiskey, and a glass of vodka. he REALLY wanted to get wasted tonight."hey,Steven, you might need to drag me to a hotel or something in about an hour or two, alright?"OCC: if you have Steven say no it'll be fine. i just have lone order the two shots instead

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

IC: Plasmafire sighed. They were right, it'd be near impossible for Longshot to get a shot. He thought for a second, then held up a finger. "What about a plasma bolt? I've been shooting a couple off down here, they can cut through metal if need be. I'm sure a human skull wouldn't cause much resistance. Would she be able to freeze a beam of plasma?"IC: Negafire looked curiously at Zaparus. "That's a disguise? Dude, that's a pretty good one, then. Wait, what do ou mean, 'so I'm told'?"

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOCHuh. Superpowered fights, alien invasions, and bar scenes. I like this RPG. Also, Lone, Steven is 5'7" and thin. He can't carry your guy xDIC [NYC/Steven]"Me? Carry you? Mate, I'm not that good." The man shrugged, pondering just what else he could attempt to do. When you lived a life like his, you tended to get a rather uncaring approach to people, so he had no moral objections to randomly messing with people, so long as it was in the name of exploration. "So, what do you feel like doing, other than getting so drunk the police will be able to smell it a kilo away?"

voidstars.png

OOC: I'm beginning to wonder why the rest of the League that's in the Mansion hasn't noticed or done anything to stop the villains, seems kinda strange you know? :POr maybe there understaffed?NPC: Dr. LightDr. Light could just sit in his ward twiddling his thumbs, he made his way over to the security room, to see if he could spot any injured on the security cameras, thankfully, his medical ward was right by the security room. When he walked in, the security in the room, two supers were already eyeing the remaining working cameras in the battle zones in the mansion. On the video feed, Dr. Light spotted at least two critically injured supers where Aquarius was being held. One was partially covered in ice shards and looked like the back of his head was bleeding. The other seemed not much better, his mouth looked pretty bloody. Both were unconscious and could have concussions or worse, he had to get to them now. He made up his mind, he'd take a small team of his assistants and rush down there on the emergency elevator, the opposite direction the villains had come from, hopefully, the villains would be gone when he got down there...besides, they wouldn't attack medical personnel...would they?

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OCC: k. didn't think it would it work, but you've got give me credit for trying.IC:"maybe i shouldn't have that vodka...oh well. i DO have something in mind, but only if your up for it." said lone, think of his past, and how to tie up the loose ends of it.OCC:@sweetroll: im going to start the first sub-plot i have in mind for lone. if you want Steven to come, have Steven say so.

War...war never changes.

OOC: I understand now that I made a big mistake in not giving either Gadgeteer or Gap ranged attacks. Luckily I still have an Equipment Upgrade for Viktor that I haven't yet used...

OOC: Pah, what you call "a big mistake," I just call "added challenge." :biggrin:IC:Mystic caught Ultionus's mental message; she was about to voice her many concerns about this plan, but the agent had seen fit to hurl the grenade before she could do so. There wasn't much Mystic could do in this situation besides desperately throwing herself out of the way, throwing a psychic shield up behind her as she hit the ground to protect herself from the blast.---Archmage lunged backwards, spinning out of the way to bring her staff out of Shard's grasp. She brought her stave about to face Shard as she spun around again, firing some disintegration bursts his way."Wow, try and take the staff away?" said Archmage, mockingly congradulatory. "Good job! No one's ever thought of that before!"---A flutter of golden cloth glinted in Gap's vision for a second, barely visible in the dark. Then Tornado shot out of the darkness, gusts of wind twirling around his arm like a miniature twister before he slammed them into Gap."I'm not going to pretend this hasn't been amusing," said Tornado before vanishing into the darkness. "But I must ask: how much longer do you think you can keep this up?"The winds kicked up once again as Tornado reappeared, striking from behind to try and knock Gap of balance."I admire your efforts, but do you really expect to hide from the winds?" he asked. "Can you really hide from the air itself?"OOC: Fade IC later.[For Science!] Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Gah, this is the twelfth time I've written this. The internet hates me today.Actually, I've been wondering that myself. I'd say it's because the Villains are already having a hard enough time with the Heroes present, and having the literally dozens of Heroes in the base swarming them would mean none of them would be getting away. In game I'm sure there's some reason for the local Heroes to be out or preoccupied. Maybe there's some Coalition members elsewhere causing a distraction. (Hmmm...)Kaname's black lightning form looks like a metallic ghoul surrounded by crows. Which is to say, freaky, which is what I a ssume you were going for. :PIC: (Loadstone)"Oh please, I've fought staff-wielding lunatics before," Loadstone scoffed, electricity crackling along his arm as he let out a continuous stream of electricity at Archmage. "Unless the thing is grafted to your hand, you're at a disadvantage."IC: (Aquarius)Aquarius grabbed Impact's leg, his concentration too thin to even consider creating an ice stretcher. Then, with an icy bang, the grenade shattered the ice construct. Glassy shards of frozen water exploded outward - and somehow blew back down the corridor toward the Heroes, none of the shards falling past an invisible line on the floor, drawn with unnatural precision.Aquarius slumped where he stood, barely tugging at Impact. "That's it, I'm finished," he said through ragged breaths. "If that psychic doesn't let up soon, I'm going to go into shock..."IC: (NPC - Zaparus)Zaparus sighed. "It's a long story," he said. "Let me try my hand at the condensed version. I've been told that I was once the League member known as Gigabyte. One day I went out on a mission and never returned. It seems like the next time anyone saw me, I had started calling myself Zaparus and playing the Villain. I was snatched up by a Dutch crime lord affiliated with the Coalition and subjected to psychic evaluation. Despite the fact that I have a lifetime of memories as Zaparus, they said that it was evident that my mind had been tampered with. I worked for Van Duff up until about a month ago, when Mr. Mystery killed him and assimilated his crime network into the Coalition. And here I am."From what I've heard, both the League and the Coalition have searched high and low for the man who tampered with my memories, a Villain I've heard called Wiper. But he covers his tracks too well. You can understand how a man who can completely wipe someone's mind clean and rebuild it with false memories can easily tweak people's memories until no one remembers seeing him."I'm still convinced that they have the wrong man, though. You'd think that if my memories were tampered with, there would be some hazy moments somewhere. I, on the other hand, remember my entire life perfectly. You can't just replace something like that, regardless of what some psychic says; but try telling the League that."~Lord Rahl~

Edited by Lord Rahl

IC (Nihilo): Nihilo listend to Zaparang's story. It almost sounded like his own, except he was a selfish, cocky boy genius instead of a superhero, and he was split into two beings instead of having his mind changed (if it WAS changed).... Actually, on second thought, the resemblance was gone. Or was it? "Hey Zaparang, did you ever think that the goody-two-shoes you just died on that mission? That there were two of you all along?" Nihilo was cursed with his curiosity. He loved solving problems. Granted, most problems now could be solved quicker with a glob of antimatter, but he still loved a mental challenge.

Edited by King Joe

OOC: There is a robotic car covered in machine guns running about the place that hasn't gotten a lot of mention. For all we know, it's probably occupying at least some of the other heroes' attention. Plus, others might be occupied keeping other sensitive areas locked down like Mystic and company did when the attack happened (mansion's gotta be filled with all kinds of crazy junk no supervillain should get their hands on).IC:Mystic coughed, smoke from the grenade choking at her lungs. Tendrils of psychic energy whipped around her, trying to clear the air as she dragged herself back up. Mystic wasn't sure she could take much more of this, but she decided that was a problem she'd consider once she'd dealt with all the others first. Namely, the grenade had flooded the tiny corridor - or whatever was left after that blast, it was hard to be sure - with smoke, and she wasn't getting a clear view off anyone's eyesight. She could hone in on their minds still, but that didn't help her if she tripped over some bit of rubble on her way after them.Then a shard of ice cut through the smoke, slicing a deep cut across her cheek. Recoiling and wincing, Mystic threw up her arms in defence, slashing the air with telekinetic force to crush the ice shards before they struck again. With that threat clear, Mystic spread her arms and let the telekinetic force act as her hands, feeling every inch of the corridor. It was a technique Mystic used when her usual eyesight trick was no use, like a kind of psychic sonar, but it had the drawback of requiring much focus and concentration to maintain. Enough that she had to redirect attention from elsewhere, like her assault on Aquarius's mind. Drawing an image of the bomb-scarred corridor in her mind, Mystic darted off through the smoke in hot persuit of the fleeing villains.---Archmage flipped backwards to avoid getting fried. Loadstone's attack had her on the run to stay ahead, but she was still able to hurl disintegration bolts his way to hamper his progress."Lunatic? That's a bit uncalled for! Antisocial? Sure... kleptomaniac? Definitely... but lunatic? You've got me mistaken; I'm not crazy, I just work with it," she said, firing a bolt from her staff mid-vault aimed for Loadstone's head. "As for disadvantaged... just try getting hit by one of my beams and see what happens to you. Seems to me that's far more of a disadvantage..."[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: "I knew there was a good reason." - PotC: At Worlds EndIC: (Loadstone)"This is incredible!" Loadstone called out sarcastically, twisting around to avoid a bolt at his legs, then one at his side, and his head. In order to prevent hitting his teammates Loadstone had to break his attack while dodging, but made up for it by firing off streams from both his hands when he had a good shot. "I've found a sane member of the Coalition! What should I look for next, an honest politician?"IC: (Aquarius)With a gasp Aquarius sagged his shoulders, the sudden relief a sweet release of pent-up concentration. Freed from the psychic attack, as well as hidden by the smoke, Aquarius trickled water from his hands, the liquid hardening into a makeshift litter for Impact. With a grunt he managed to levitate it, then started off toward where Dirge was waiting for them.IC: (NPC - Zaparus)"Not really, no," Zaparus said. "I just don't remember anything about Gigabyte. It has to be some other person that looks like me. It couldn't be me." He sounded like he was trying to convince himself as much as Nihilo. "If it was, how do you cope with that? That your entire life has been a lie, that none of your memories ever really took place. And to top that all off, how do you reconcile that I used to abhor everything I live for now? It's too much of a heel-face turn for me to accept. I've always been Zaparus, and I always will be. I feel sorry for whoever Gigabyte was, but it's not me, I can tell you that for certain."~Lord Rahl~

NPC: Ultionis wasted no time activating the infrared vision mode on his mask. The smoke didn't worry him, he was used to fighting in areas of limited visibility. It was thicker than usual for a regular grenade, though - normally this would've dissipated in a few seconds. Odd. He'd have to check his gear when he had a moment. For now, though, the soldier used the concealment it offered to step out fully, both guns drawn, and begin firing at the leg areas of the retreating villains. The trouble with infrared was that it was hard to spot specific joints or target any part precisely, so he was forced to resort to emptying his clips in the right general area of their legs. There wasn't much chance he would hit something they couldn't live without, but still he never liked going for quantity of shots over quality.(H-D)IC: While Archmage seemed distracted with Lodestone, Shard hovered around to stand behind her. The moment she came too close, he would reach around and grab the staff. Easy. In theory.*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OCC: me and sweetrol theif are in a bar in the city. have your character met them there. warning you though, i'm about to send lone on a sub-plot in Vegas, if you want o join, go to the bar

War...war never changes.

OOC: Wow..when you asked me about it i didn't think that it would look so creepy..pretty nice.XD i'll bookmark it.I seem to have gotten Kaname on Fade's bad side lol. I wonder how i can get him out of that...maybe not lolMaybe this can be the time when I can figure out new techniques for Kaname to use while in his lightning form.IC:Kaname sighed, "Well, that just sucks...Wait..ah man." someone came to mind at this point, "That fool X-Blade would have been perfect for this since he can Negate her little Copies I think...but he's currently off doing his own thing as usual..." Then he remembered that he was supposed to meet X-blade for something....he cursed under his breath, "I was supposed to be at a meeting...great..." now he really had a reason to go back.----------------OOC: I don;t know if this could stretch out through dimensions but...IC:X-Blade sneezed loudly just after taking off his helmet. Both him and the Kid were sitting on a roof, she had Icecream and it was around her mouth when she asked, "You okay?"he nodded. "It felt like someone was talking about me behind my back.."--------------------------------------------------Kaname frowned, "But I have no idea if he could actually do that..I never really tried fighting him..." he muttered to himself.

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

OOC: You did use the word 'demonic', Kenpachi, so... :PI don't think it's too implausible that there aren't many heroes at the League base. It's a more comforting thought that rather than sitting around they're actually out doing, you know, hero stuff. Also Meltdown did set the place on fire, I guess at least some of them are tending to that?TPTI, I've just noticed that the first post still links to Dreadnought and not Gadgeteer. Could you change that please?IC: "Oh, you'd know all about hiding, wouldn't you?" Gap retorted, after righting herself from the spinning dodge she'd had to perform in order to evade the second strike. She wasn't particularly one for witty banter, but if Tornado kept talking then he'd be easier for her to locate in the dark. "I have to ask: are you toying with me for some reason, or is this really all you've got? The way my father spoke of you, I'd mistakenly assumed to be formidable in some way." If she could work out where he was and concentrate for a moment, the right kind of wormhole could end the battle...

Edited by Kumata

OCC: let strike get his rage on then. if you want to be in the plot though, have strike met lone at the bar.

War...war never changes.

IC: Negafire shrugged. "Dude, even if it turned out you were Gigabyte, you're not now. You're Zaparus, and that's that." Truth be told, Negafire had his doubts... How many people could say that their memories were perfect? No hazy spots whatsoever? That sounded like a memory transplant.IC: "I don't remember what she said about his condition... Hold on, I'll check." She tapped her earpiece and spoke into it. "Detective MacTaggart, this is Magneta checking in. We're in the basement of Eliott's house, and we have a couple questions. What was Eliott';s condition wgen he was found? Was he burned at all? On his hands, maybe?"

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOCNot quite ready to leave NYC yet, Lone.IC [NYC/Steven]"All depends, really. What are you looking to do?"OOCI'll make up for this horrible post later.

voidstars.png

NPC: "His hands? He was burned across most of his body. Second and third degree burns in strategic locations, plus other injuries - I'll spare you the grisly details, you really don't want to hear them, but long story short someone tortured him. It's not consistent with hot iron burns, so odds are they took a lit object, maybe the same thing used to light up the house, and applied it to his body. Anything else you need?"H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OCC: all right then. i can start it when your ready to leave. i do want some one going with lone to Las Vegas for the plot.IC: "Planning on heading back to Vegas, to tie up some lose ends."

War...war never changes.

IC: "Um... I don't know, is there any news on his condition? Or, is there any other information we don't have?"

OOC: I shall join this plot-line. Just prepare for some insanity.IC: Strike (NYC)Strike jumped onto the pickup truck, his fists effortlessly breaking through the steel top, and allowing him to grab the criminals, and jump off the pick-up as it crashed into a store. Running from the scene, Strike dissapeared quickly.Later that day, the criminals in question were found in front of the police station.Paul Smithson, tired and wanting fun, snuck into the bar, hoping and pray that the little alien friend of his wouldn't show up. Walking across the bar, Paul Smithson sat at the counter, next to Lone and Steven (He doesn't know their names, just saying who he sat next to) "One beer, please." Asked the grinning teenager. The bartender stared at him. "I.D." He gruffily said. "Uh..." murmured Paul as he looked to Steven and Lone for help.

pNNgXax.jpg

OCC: i had already planned for insanity, a bit more wont hurt. we head this post, both of are charas slightly intoxicated.IC:"he's with me. i'll pay extra for him."lone said to the bartender, and turned to the newcomer. "whats your name. best be a good idea to tell me."OCC: had have lone do that. its in his way of greeting some. he threatends to beat you to a pulp if you don't tell him your name. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tounge2.gif

War...war never changes.

NPC: "Last I checked the docs still had his condition at 'unstable,'" came the reply. "From what I can tell, that means he could get worse at just about any point. It's only been twenty minutes since we found him, you can't expect much just yet. I'll inform you if he gets any better... or worse."H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC:“Can she freeze plasma?” Skyra asked, glancing over at Plas with his good eye. “Well, let’s see, she froze you, so...”There was the sound of sliding rubble, turning their attention away from the discussion. Fade was hurrying down the slope of debris, Longshot following just slightly behind.“Alright, listen up,” said Fade. “I’ve got a plan, and it just might work, but if there’s even a chance of it working we need to leave now.Forcefield had been keeping silent most of the conversation, mostly because he really didn’t care if a bunch of heroes wanted to go off and get killed by Frigid, but turned and glared down at Fade.“Really? You do?” he asked. “I’ve heard a lot of talk about killing Frigid, but not much that’s gone anywhere. What makes you think you could have come up with a better plan.”“Because it’s crazy, and it’s suicidal, and there’s a good chance it’ll get us all killed, so of course you wouldn’t think about it,” said Fade. “But if I can pull it off, Frigid won’t be a problem any more. I’ll explain it after Jacob teleports us back to your base; this lab isn’t going to be safe once the heat dies down...”---“Are you trying to make me angry?” asked Tornado with a chuckle. “Did you expect my emotions to drive me to some kind of fatal error? I worked with superheroes for decades; trust me, I’ve seen that trick before.The winds began to pick up, swirling faster and faster in a circle around them. A few nearby wine racks were ripped to shreds by the force, sending bits of wood and glass spinning towards Gap.“If it seems I’ve gone easy for you, it’s only because of some value to me alive. But, if you wish, we could always find out just how much you can live through...”---The piercing sound of gunshots rang in Mystic’s ears; it appeared Ultionis was shooting down the corridor at the fleeing villains. Figuring all she could do was try and keep out of his line of fire while hoping Ultionis wouldn’t mistake her for a target, she pressed forwards after the villains. She reached out with her mind at Aquarius, trying to drag him back towards her as he made his retreat.---“Oh, you’d be amazed what wonders you can find when you open your narrow worldview just a bit. Can’t help you with the politicians, though. None of the ones I’ve robbed seemed very honest,” Archmage called out to Loadstone. “Say... there’s no chance you’d wanna be the second sane member of the Coalition, is there? I mean, I can’t imagine the position’s been filled...”Archmage was in the exact conflict she’d wanted to avoid - namely, fighting two superheroes at once - and she was very much aware of that fact. Just as she started moving a little close to Shard she swung about, firing two disintegration bolts in quick succession. If his diamond shield had been any indication, she doubted it would kill him if he couldn’t dodge it, but it ought to hurt enough to give him second thoughts about his “try and grab the stick” plan.Archmage was very much aware of her weaknesses - or, at least, her colleagues in the Coalition saw fit to remind her at every opportunity of her failings - and was doing her best to plan her strategy around them. She sprinted quickly to the side, trying to keep herself at a distance from both her attacks, making it difficult for one to sneak up without taking a disintegration beam to the face.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.