To Save The World!

OOC: Hey, is the roster of survivors in the Frigidverse set? I have a mental image of Omega as a bitter, war-hardened survivor and it just won't go away...IC: See, right there, Shard thought. I knew it was too easy, and I was right. I hate it when I'm right. Sadly, while he was both strong and tough in his diamond form to an unnatural degree, one thing he wasn't is quick. He was essentially shifting crystal as if it were flesh, it wasn't supposed to move that way at all. And the consequence was that both disintegration beams hit him dead on in the chest, creating two big, ugly, painful cracks. He cried out, "Gaah! That hurt!" The crystal man glared at the robed woman. "Okay, so done playing now." The cracks patched themselves up, albeit badly - they were still clearly visible, but filled in with a different shade of grey crystal. He extended both arms before him, hands out as if to grab the staff again... and the hands promptly shot right off his wrists, moving forward at high speed to grab the staff. He always tried to avoid detaching parts of his crystalline body. It felt so inexplicably weird to have his hands some ten feet away from the wrists. But it was an effective technique, if only because nobody ever saw that one coming.*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC:"i met him coming into the town. so paul, i'm thinking of heading home to tie up loose ends, and one more person wouldn't be a bad thing."

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: That does sound cool, but I'd rather not include an alt version of Omega. It's just that including a character who draws power from Omega radiation in a fight against one likely to be a massive source of said radiation would probably make fighting Frigid a lot easier. Plus, pretty much everyone present at what was supposed to be the final battle of the Frigid arc supposedly died in this universe, so it doesn't look good for altverse!Omega.IC:Archmage glanced back in Shard's direction, tilting her head slightly in confusion."Well... yeah. It was supposed to hurt you," she said. "That was the intended outcome of me shooting you. Don't act so suprised,"Shard had been right about one thing: Archmage hadn't seen that trick coming. With barely enough time to react, Archmage ducked and slid underneath the flying hands, twisting her staff out of their grasp. Not wanting to risk them getting another chance at grabbing her staff, Archmage fired a volley of shots at the hands as they flew past, trying to destroy them before Shard could turn them around for a second shot.[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Is it possible that Omega died from Omega Radiation overload? I remember him struggling to stay in control both times when confronted with the massive amounts of OR emanating from the Omega Bomb/Hakkou Comet. The shock of seeing his teammates get slaughtered would understandably make him lose focus.IC: Gap heard the wind whistling towards her, twisting to evade it - and flinching as splinters tore through the upper right arm and back of her supersuit. He was flinging debris at her now! She dropped to the floor and rolled to the side, managing to avoid (though she didn't know it) the cluster of glass that soared by. She sprung to her feet and began to move about in as random a manner as she could. Another stream of wind knocked her off-balance and, tripping over a wire she hit the stone floor hard. She spent a moment laying still, grimacing as pain throbbed across her body, before managing to stand up."A little bad weather never bothered me," she said, doing her best to keep her voice level. She dropped to the floor again in case another flurry of debris was flying about, then held her breath, waiting for Tornado to speak up again. She was concentrating for her next wormhole - she just needed to know where to aim it...

Edited by Kumata

OOC: That's actually possible. If the overload gets too strong his body might not be able to contain it - at sufficient levels, it would cause him to go nuclear. Even he can't survive that, no matter what kind of energy he's got in him. IC: If detaching his hands and having them fly about was the freaky part of the plan, this was the tricky part. Making them fly around a bit (thankfully too small to be accurately hit while moving around like that) and move back in for the staff wasn't exactly hard on its own, but that was only half the plan. The other half was him walking up behind her while she's occupied (not that he's exactly silent - every move he makes sounds like glass sliding over glass, nevermind his heavy footsteps) and trying to wrap his arms around her before she can react. And if she does react, the hands come in and grab the staff. She can't focus on both... right?This is the part where something always goes wrong.*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOCI'd like to point out, Stevie still under illusion as a thirty year old woman. Strike probably is going raise an eyebrow by now because of screwed up pronouns :PIC [NYC/Steven]"Loose ends. Blah. Loose ends are never good for anyone. I'd like to know what exactly I'm getting into if I'm tagging along."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:Kaname sat calmly, maybe this was a time for him not to be the brat he's been lately.. Actually how he acted before was not part of his personality at all really.. Guess it's time to stop paying around and take this situation more seriously than I have been.."So, since this involves Suicide...What do you have in mind Fade?" maybe another good near-death experiance would be good for him. I've had plenty, but I got arrogant, so I might need one more to slap me in the face.

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

IC [NYC/Steven]"Oh, that. Sorry." Steven shrugged as he gave his illusion a slight ripple; not enough to draw attention but enough to make it clear what is was. "Real hassle, pronouns. 'Fraid this isn't actually me; I rarely travel as myself. I find it makes it much harder for people to track you down."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Strike (NYC)Strike raised his finger as if to say something, and then put it back down. "That's not akward." He murmured. Suddenly, a little head popped up behind Paul, it's strange face in a crazy grin. "Who are they? Friends? Or better yet, Bubblewrap?" It asked. Paul spit out his drink in suprise, spewing beer everywhere. "Gottagooutside." He blurted as he grabbed the two-foot alien and ran off. "Meetmeoutsidewhenyou'redone." He continued to blurt.

Edited by Lord Darkon

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Plasmafire nodded and stood next to Fade. "I'm with Fade. Frigid needs to go down, and any plan is better than none."IC: "Thank you Detective. I'll contact you if we find anything else." Magneta turned off her earpiece and sighed. "No luck, Surge. He's been burned almost everywhere, and is in no condition to talk. We've got to keep looking here."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC [NYC/Steven]"You get over it in time." Steven raised an eyebrow as the tiny creature scuttled about but made little comment over it; he was, after all, jaded to this sort of thing. "Interesting tip; the illusions aren't just a projection, but rather a full fledged 3D illusions. It's like, an odd sort of shapeshifting. The actual mass remains untouched but for all extents and purposes my original body is gone and replaced with this one. Of course, in reality, my original form is still there, as the conservation of mass and energy is in full effect here. It's an odd sort of duality which can cause your head to hurt if you think about it too long."

voidstars.png

IC:“Didn’t I just say ‘I’ll explain it when we get back to base’? Come on, it’s like Christmas: it’s no fun if you know the surprise,” Fade said to Kaname. “When these flames die down there’ll be nothing holding Frigid back, and I doubt she’ll be happy with what she finds down here. Which reminds me...”Fade swung his foot around, kicking over a shelf and raining debris down over Otherfade and neatly hiding his corpse. Amidst all the destruction, he was likely to be overlooked entirely. Fade knelt down, draping his double’s heavy fur cloak over his arm. Longshot approached her compatriots.“Look... I know what yeh’ must be thinkin’. I know it’s seemed like we ‘aven’t had a chance” she said. “But me an’ Fade got to talkin’... an’ I belive it kin work. It’s wha’ X-Calibur would’ve wanted.”The others were silent, but Bolt gave Fade a quiet nod.“Alright, that settles it, then,” said Fade. “Jake, kindly get us out of here, would’ya?”Jacob nodded, clenching his fists as he concentrated. Ribbons of energy swirled around the group, wisking them far away from the ruins of the hidden lab...---“Really? Are you sure? You don’t look too good right now,” Tornado called out. “Sure you can take much more? You’d be doing the both of us a favor if you just gave up now, you know. Unless you think you’ll be just as valuable to Grand Cross minus a limb or two...”The winds whipped dangerously, and a trio of miniature tornadoes peeled their way across the wine cellar. Racks were torn to shreds when the twisters grew close, and they would likely do the same to Gap if she got to close to one...---Archmage’s eyes darted back and forth, moving from Shard to his disembodied arms to the ever-present threat of Loadstone hovering literally overhead. Fortunately for her, at least two of those threats had one source, one that was easily disposed off. Archmage blasted at Shard with as much power as she could muster, aiming to strike where her previous attacks had already weakened. If she pulled this off, it ought to weaken his concentration enough for him to lose control over his floating hands.[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Turned out the hit broke more than just Shard's concentration. The quick fix on his chassis seemed to disintegrate on the spot and new cracks formed - bigger this time, due to the greater power. "Aaah!" His stumpy arms wrapped around his chest, the diamond man seemed to go completely rigid before slowly toppling over to crash against the ground. For a long while he lay there, immobile but groaning in pain, but something else does move.His hands, which had previously fallen to the ground even as he did, rose silently into the air... then not-so-silently formed into fists and flew at Archmage, now seeming more intent on her ribs than her staff.*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Strike (NYC)Strike only got to here the first five seconds of the conversation, thanks to the fact he was rushing outside with the 2' creature.Stopping outside of the bar, Paul sat It down. "STOP DOING THAT!" He yelled, atracting unwanted attention."Sorry... I thought there might be bubblewrap in there..." The alien snivled. Paul facepalmed before dragging the hand down his face. "Do. Not. Pop. up. Like. That." He commaned.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC:"we would be heading to Vegas, to tie up some loose ends. word of warning though, i have no idea what might happen when we get there,and unless you have your own ride you'll be with me there for time it takes."OCC: I gave both of you a little message like a Fallout DLC. no return unless you have your own ride.and i do now what should more or less happen, but some things will be left to you two.

War...war never changes.

OOC: That critter sounds like a Graske. Its only a matter of time before we hear the familiar wheezing sound of the TARDIS, if we haven't already. :PIC: (Surge): "I don't see anything significant, except that now we know for sure that he was tortured using fire, and we aren't dealing with another super in disguise. I think we should move on. Okay?"

Edited by King Joe

OOC: Anybody remember Killermike? The guy who had a shapeshifting character who's default form was The Doctor? How many DW reference have we had? :PIC: Plasmafire groaned as the group was teleported again, this teleportation stuff really screwed with his stomach... He was insanely glad when the red energy faded and they found themselves back in the subway tunnels.IC: "I agree. But where to? Unless I missed something, we don't have any more leads yet."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC (Surge): "I had a list, but I forgot it.... Maybe the DA? We know he's corrupt somehow, maybe we can talk it outta him without scaring him too much. If not, I can always go invisible conscience on him."OOC: Yeah, the real TARDIS is bound to land sometimes. Maybe next Christmas somewhere in England?

Edited by King Joe

OOC: I doubt TPtI would appreciate us bringing Doctor Who all the way into this. The most I would advise doing is winks and nods.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:When the swirl of energy died away, the group found themselves back on one of the platforms of Grand Central station. Fade wasted no time, marching off towards the nearest set of stairs up to the main terminal."Alright, here's how it's gotta go. First of all, we're gonna fight Frigid in her own tower. I know that sounds like a really bad idea, but seeing as we have no other options we might as well plan around that fact," Fade said as he walked. "Second, there's the issue of Stella. I know we're all hoping she got a jolt of power from the Supercharger before my double blew it to bits, but I know the machine and it's not likely. It needs time for the effects to set in, and that wasn't nearly enough time. Thankfully, my plan should solve both those problems-"Fade stopped as they stepped into the camp. The ramshackle cluster of tents was still spread across the floor of the terminal, but the whole building was as empty and still as the grave. As he looked around, there was not a single sign of life, not a solitary soul in sight. Fade's eyes scanned the ceiling; if Frigid had attacked, there should have been some sign of struggle. There should have been broken windows, shattered barricades, frozen bodies... but the camp was undisturbed. The fires were still burning, everything was has it had been left... but all the people who should have been inhabiting it were gone. Fade's wristblades snapped into position."Stay close... something isn't right here..."---Satisfied by the damage she'd done, Archmage turned to make sure her assault had removed the crystal hands from the equation as well. At first she was relieved to see this was the case... until they lifted up once more and started barreling towards her. They were upon her almost before she could react; Archmage swung her staff and made contact with the first one, sending it spinning backwards out of control. But she had less luck with the second one, which struck head on and sent Archmage flying.She hit the floor hard and slid several more feet, groaning and wheezing weakly from the blow. Shuddering, Archmage grabbed her weapon and pulled herself back up, using the staff for support. Then, energy began crackling along the surface of the stave as Archmage charged it up, bringing it to face the imobile form of Shard and preparing to fire. After that hit Archmage wanted to see him out of the equation entirely, and since he didn't look able to dodge at the moment it was the perfect time to do so.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: "Well, I think it's as good a plan as any. Let's just do one more sweep down here, I want to be sure we're not missing anything."IC: Plasmafire's eyes narrowed, and he clenched his fists. "Geez, these are the times I really with I had thermal imaging vision or something like that..."

OOC: Also, at the speed the RPG has been progressing thus far, waiting until Christmas to arrive in-game would take about 5 years real-time. :PHeeeeeeeeeeeere's Shard!

Shard.png

IC: The noise of the miniature tornadoes echoed throughout the cellar. Unnervingly Gap couldn't actually see what was happening; she could only hear the sound of wine racks getting torn to splinters. She backed away from the noise - where had Tornado's voice come from? She couldn't tell now. She could feel the wind whipping past her, particles of debris scratching her face - it was only a matter of moments before the sharper stuff reached her. Shutting her eyes, she willed a wormhole to form behind her. She hopped through and emerged somewhere on the other side of the chamber. Now she was even less certain of Tornado's location, but at least she was away from whatever wind-based attack had been making that noise.But maybe Tornado didn't know that. If she stayed quiet now, maybe he'd think he'd got her. Of course she would still have to work out where he was in order to manage any kind of surprise attack...

OOC: If I may, considering the fact that I am apparently the only person in this RPG who has no knowledge or interest in Doctor Who, I'm beginning to find all of the blatant references to it a bit annoying. As Nero and TPTI said, winks and nods are fine, but when we've seen a half-dozen characters or so who scream "I'm the Doctor" I think it's time to move on to referencing other material. :PBeing in possession of characters called Disney and Sauron, I'm hardly one to talk about such things, but I don't see anyone else creating a dozen characters like that. (Plus, I have an actual in game reason for those characters to be named such.)It's kind of like Transairion's Star Wars references - you can tell they're there, but he doesn't ham them up.IC: (Loadstone)As Archmage charged up her staff, a glowing cage of electricity crackled to life around her. Not only did it cut off her escape routes, it was also glowing brightly enough to block her view of Shard. "After considering your offer, I'm going to have to tell you unequivically no," Loadstone's voice replied from somewhere outside the dome. "You have my brother, which is one twin too many as it is."IC: (Aquarius)A shot rang out, and Aquarius felt a gust of wind narrowly miss his leg. At about the same time something grabbed him around the middle, tugging him back down the hallway. No way, he thought to himself.He willed water into existence, forming a wall of water behind him, between himself and the Heroes. Then he did something unexpected - instead of turning it into ice, he went toward the other end of the spectrum - water vapor. The difference between having simply created water vapor and converting water into vapor became apparent instantly to Ultionis' infrared vision - the process required the water to hit the boiling point, meaning that instead of ambient water vapor he had created a wall of boiling hot steam. He sent the curtain hurtling back toward the Heroes, hoping to distract them enough to let them escape.IC: (NPC - Zaparus)"You have a point," Zaparus admitted, albeit hesitantly. "But they're wrong, though," he added under his breath.The group was silent for a moment, the only sound the rush of the jet's engines. After a while Zaparus spoke up again."All right, I'm angling us onto the course we'd be using if we were coming from central Europe," he called back. "If we continue at our present speed, calculating in the fact that we'll have to slow down to speeds believable of a non-Coalition aircraft, we should be there in around fifteen minutes."~Lord Rahl~

Edited by Lord Rahl

IC:"meet up at the west side of town. he head out to Vegas from there."OCC: if anyone wants to go to Vegas, be at the west side of town.

War...war never changes.

OOC: I agree that the characters that are actually meant to be facsimiles of the Doctor himself are a bit much, really. Subtlety is still a thing that exists.EDIT: Also, meeting up at the "west side" of New York City seems incredibly vague.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OCC: @ shadows: i don't know any locations in NYC excpet the empire state buliding, so i went with west side of New York because of that. if you have an idea for a meeting location, i'd happily use it.

War...war never changes.

OOC: Well, there are plenty of landmarks that could be used, like, say, the Brooklyn Bridge or Central Park.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OCC: thanks. the meeting location is the Brooklyn bridge then.

War...war never changes.

IC: Negafire nodded when Zaparus gave their ETA, then spoke up. "Yo, if we're going for the story that I'm going to be your tour guide, what are we gonna say if people ask how that happened? We should be prepared for that."

OCC: all abord those heading to the mojave wasteland New Vegas Las Vegas.IC: Lone headed straight for the bridge. he already had all the supplies he needed for the long trip ahead.

War...war never changes.

IC:"Alright, spread out everybody," Fade said. "Make sure at you're always within sight of at least one other person. I don't want any more people vanishing mysteriously on us..."Fade stalked out through the dimly lit rows of tents and campfires. He tried to tell himself that he was reading the worst into the situation. For all he knew, Frigid could have found the base, and they'd had to retreat too quickly to take any of their supplies. But Fade had figured out by this point he lived a life where the worst-case scenario was generally the scenario, so he couldn't help but suspect the work. Fade pushed open the flaps of a nearby tent, slipping inside for a closer look...---Hivemind had been watching - well, listening in on, there was absolutely no way to watch in darkness like this - the fight between Gap and Tornado. She too had been waiting for an opportunity to strike, but was having little luck. Hivemind was in no condition to survive a prolonged battle, so if she was going to make a move it had to count. But now it seemed like Tornado's onslaught had taken Gap out; whether or not Tornado believed his attack to have succeeded, Hivemind almost certain of it. As far as she knew, it was just her and Tornado left in a pitch-black cellar. Time to do something about it or die trying.Figuring she was on her own now, Hivemind felt around in the dark for something resembling a weapon. She almost recoiled from a sharp sting and found it to be the pointed end of a bit of wood, blown off a wine rack by one of Tornado's twisters. Peering over the brim of her glasses, Hivemind caught a flash of gold that could only belong to Tornado's cape. Mustering up the last of her strength, Hivemind broke into a run, leaping onto Tornado's back and stabbing down with her makeshift stake. She caught Tornado in the shoulder, only to be hurled backwards by a strong wind into the hard stone floor. Tornado let out a cry of pain that echoed throughout the cellar, and tore the wooden stake out."So... the insect has a little sting after all," he muttered, tossing the stick aside and advancing on Hivemind. "Such a shame I'll have to squash you now..."----Mystic felt the rush of heat on her face, and threw up another sheild to defend herself. In the process she lost her grip on Aquarius, but Mystic wasn't about to let him go just yet. Since she didn't have to worry about the steam restricting visibility, Mystic charged down after the corridor to try and clear the gap between her and the fleeing prisoner.---"Ah... I kinda thought you looked a little familiar," muttered Archmage, sheilding her eyes from the glow. "Good job guarding Aquarius by the way, while we're on the subject. Just top notch. In the meantime, I've gotta go..."With that she turned her staff to the ground, unleashing the full force she'd charged up within it. The floor around her exploded in a shower of dust and debris, and when it cleared there was only a large hole in the floor where Archmage had once been standing...[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Gap was surprised to hear that Hivemind had managed a surprise attack on Tornado; she'd half expected her companion to be dead. Thankfully Hivemind's attack had served to both distract Tornado and reveal his rough location, so Gap concentrated again, ignoring the stinging of the cuts on her back. A wide wormhole formed above Tornado (and possibly Hivemind - Gap couldn't be sure how close she was to their target). In her mind Gap visualised the large stone statue which she had made a point to observe whilst traversing the mansion's hallways earlier.Mathematics was one of Gap's strong suits. No one who knew her found this to be unusual; her father was an astrophysicist, and the ability to calculate angles on the fly was very useful in conjunction with her wormhole abilities. In this instance, she had performed the quick mental calculation that large stone statue + gravity + trans-spatial portal = one unconscious villain. Or dead. She really wasn't fussed at this point...

Edited by Kumata

NPC: Only a few moments later Jona's voice came back on their communicators. "I just got a report back. Some bright spark decided to scan the guy for radiation; turns out he's saturated in Omega rads, meaning the fire wasn't just a normal one. Someone with fire powers seems to have tortured him by hand. Based on that evidence, I'm gonna try and get one of the League healers in on this case to see if we can't wake him up and get some answers. Finish your sweep of the house, then get to New York general hospital and ask to see him. The League card should get you in."IC: Shard looked up from his undignified kneeling position on the ground. "Did she- what just happened?" He sounded equal parts confused and pained. Apparently having several disintegrator beams blasted straight at his chest was starting to take its toll. *H-D*NPC: Ultionis instinctively ducked, shutting his eyes tight as the boiling steam nearly blinded him through the infrared lenses. It was just as well. The kevlar layer under his armor was very efficient at dissipating heat, but a rush of boiling steam is almost always problematic at the least. In this case, it was because the overlapping armor plates (while non-ferrous for the obvious reason of magnetic enemies) still had the distinctly metallic property of holding a lot of heat. Even under his kevlar, the soldier was starting to sweat already, and not just from the exertion of the battle. Still, no serious damage done...The villains had likely reached the end of the hallway and were probably about to head back to the hole they'd blasted earlier. Shutting off his infrared, Ultionis dashed out of the steam cloud and brought up his guns, firing at their legs again in a spray pattern. No matter how good you were, shooting on the move like that is never very accurate, but it should give them reason to pause, or at least slow down enough that he could get off a proper shot. Besides, he may even get lucky.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth