To Save The World!

IC: As they stepped onto the hard, dry ground Sluice looked around. This wasn't her first time in the Sonoran desert. She'd been here many months ago, having an adventure or two with the mutant heroine Blade-Angel. She hadn't seen her or her lupine husband Mac in a long while; Sluice hoped they were doing okay after the alien invasion.This was also the place (well technically, beneath here) where she had first met Silver. And now here she was trying to find him again. It was funny how things worked out sometimes.She tried to erase any trace of friendliness from her features as she and Fellwyd approached the burly guards...

IC(Fellwyd): Given the nature of the mission, he could understand why they were taking a direct approach, but that didn't mean he had to be particularly happy about it. Entering an area filled with those classified as enemies through the front door usually meant an exit in a cardboard box.Nonetheless, he kept pace with Sluice, keeping an eye out for hidden explosives, machine gun turrets - anything that might reasonably be used to defend a large base.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: So, figure that I'll finally give this a third shot, first since the downtime. Now, for a heavily revised version of my character from way back when. Maybe he can do something this time. XDReal Name: Dieter GeistAlias: Grau (German for grey)Appearance: Grau is tall. To the nth degree. He measures at eight feet in total height. For that height, he looks almost emaciated, though not to the point of being a shriveled prune. His skin is a ghostly light gray, and his eyes are black and white. Prefers to wear a pair of Navy-style camo shorts and a white tank top. Carries a rapier on one hip, a claymore on his back, and Glock 9mm on his other hip.Power: Intangibilty and flight (via personal density control), resistance to extreme cold, seeming immortality of ageAllegiance: Coalition of CorruptionArea: Originally from Northern GermanyBio: Deiter Geist was abnormal since he was a kid. He was allergic to the sun, exceedingly tall, and he could trek in the snow wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top. In addition, he always had the metabolism of a machine. Despite how much he ever ate, he never gained muscle or fat. Despite this, he has always been very strong, strong enough to support his frame and use it to his advantage.German scientists picked up on his oddities and took him as soon as he was old enough to join the German military. He joined because he wanted to help his country in a small war that was happening; what he got was the ability to seemingly live forever. He could walk the fields of battle, bullets flying through him from every direction, and yet he was never wounded. The enemy troops soon realized, however, that he wasn't completely intangible, and they found that he was brutally fast in dispatching them with either sword or pistol.He doesn't care if his real name is known or not - he's a man that enjoys evil and has a lust for blood. While being on call for the German military, he has joined the Coalition. He cares not for partners, though he does make sure that if he is paired that his fellow villain survives.And a new character, as we can have two now (Right? I think I saw that...)...Real Name: Taylor FinchAlias: GoddessAppearance: 5'8", with a very feminine body. She has well-tanned skin and long, golden-blonde hair. Her eyes are a soft green, and she seems to always have a smile upon her face. Wears a form-fitting blue suit with gold trimPower: Illusions, mental trickeryAllegiance: League of SalvationArea: Northeast United StatesBio: Taylor Finch, Miss America and Miss Universe for years. A fashion model all her life, but also an accomplished martial artist and ballerina. Why would she risk injury as a hero? Her sense of morality. She's a model, and a darn right intelligent one, too. She believes that she should use her powers, beauty, and intelligence for good. She likes being a hero, a geek, and a model all at once.

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

OOCHey look another illusion character. :PYeah, I vanished from this RPG because I ran out of things to do xD Any plots open -other than the Vegas one; sorry, but Steven doesn't roll like that-, or do I have to vanish for another month? xD

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: This is a pretty intense fight, Cokk. :P Any chance Fade'll get at Sakeme soon? I'm running out of ideas here. :PIC: Plasmafire winced as the winds picked up again. There was no way he could ignite himself again, his body'd be ripped apart! But... He took a gamble, and superheated the air around, and especially underneath him. The superhot air lifted him off his feet, where he was caught by Skyra's air currents and tossed around for a moment. Well, at least that got him away from Longshot's bolt... He then noticed that while he was spinning through the air, he occasionally got close to Longshot... When he next got close to her, he sucked the heat out of the air, dropping, hopefully, in her direction. He intended to tackle her, knock her out maybe, then go back after Bolt. Skyra he could handle for now, but Longshot was a problem...IC: "Innocent? Of... OH!" Negafire stepped a little closer to Inquisitor, and lowered his voice ."The kidnapping? Dude, I've been in Europe for the past three days. I think somehow, the evil clone I fought in Japan is back... I can't prove that though..." He cleared his throat and shrugged. "By the way, my... 'hobby', is known to the good doctor here, but not to his bodyguard. So, I'd apreciate it if it wasn't broadcast too loudly around him?" Negafire really hoped that would keep Inquisitor from asking Zaparas questions about their 'friendship' he wasn't prepared to answer...

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: I've made things difficult, meanwhile, with a character who would love to get into things, but is;1. In Scotland, and2. Really not much more than a well-meaning fool in a costume.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCIt's not that he doesn't like to get into things, it's that he got asked to go 'tie up loose ends', and when he asked why he should go kill someone, he never got an answer. My guy would of been in the Vegas plot if he got a reason to kill someone; he tries not to kill people for unknown reasons.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: (Loadstone)The bolt split the magnaboard right down the middle, sending the two haves spinning off toward the sides of the hall. Loadstone began to charge up another bolt of electricity when Omega created an energy dome around Archmage, and he paused, waiting for an opportunity to strike. In his hesitation, however, he noticed a certain psychic climbing out of a hole sheered into an elevator shaft. Hastily dispelling the electricity, Loadstone rushed over to help Mystic to her feet. "Sorry, I didn't see you there," he said appologetically. "Been a bit busy trying not to get disintegrated, actually..."IC: (Aquarius)Ultionis was correct, Aquarius' concentration was shattered as the bullet pierced his shoulder - the shoulder of his wounded arm, as luck would have it. As he cried out, however, it became apparent that that wasn't exactly such a good thing. Just like Dirge's earlier episode of raging winds, the thin tendril of water winding toward Ultionis erupted into a torrent, an enormous swell of water pulsating out from Aquarius in time to the throbbing of whatever pain he was feeling. The sudden burst drenched Ultionis from head-to-toe, and as it continued it threatened to wisk him away if the force of it didn't drown him first...IC: (NPC - Zaparus)Inquisitor shot a covert look at Nihilo, then nodded to Negafire. "My lips are sealed," he said in that same hushed tone. As he opened his mouth to continue, however, Zaparus interrupted."I'm sure zat you two have a lot of catching up to do, but ve are falling a bit behind schedule," he pointed out. "Can ve not talk on ze way to ze studios?""Yes, of course, my appologies," Inquisitor said, motioning for the driver to lead the way as the group headed out of the airpoirt. "I admit that I'm a bit flustered, actually, as we were given such short notice of your arrival. I was one of the reporters covering the recent kidnapping when we got the call. I'm sure you've heard what happened.""I have heard zat ze President's daughter vas kidnapped," Zaparus replied. "My heart goes out to ze people of your country, and her poor mozher. Ze Coalition struck a low blow, taking such a sveet girl.""Right in broad daylight, no less," Inquisitor added, shaking his head. "I have a hard time believing it myself."~Lord Rahl~

NPC: On the bright side, the torrent of water had shattered the thin remains of ice on Ultionis' chest, and his armor had protected him from the sharp pieces of ice this resulted in. Not-so-bright side? It also knocked the air out of him, and he'd left the rebreather in the cycle too. In retrospect that was a dumb move on his part. Sure, he could blame the League cuffs that were supposed to hold Aquarius, but it was still a slip-up. You always plan for a prisoner's possible escape, and always bring a rebreather into combat against aquakinetics. But the kicking-himself part would have to wait until later. For now, the only reason he hadn't been blasted back already was because his leg was still frozen to the ground, which unfortunately meant that he was being blasted constantly by a stream of water that threatened to drown him. He'd managed to keep his gun out of the water by throwing it aside when it hit (well, okay, he dropped it by accident and kicked it away - he was drowning, hard to think straight) so he'd have to pick that up again later, but that would be useless if he couldn't survive the attack. Options and oxygen were running low. Only one thing he could think to do. He raised his free foot and kicked the place he thought Aquarius' head would be with all his might. If he'd been a bit more clear-headed he might have held back a bit, as all his might would be enough to snap a horse's neck, but again: Drowning. Oxygen low. No time to think. Or aim. (H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: ...Yeah. XDAnyways, anywhere either Grau or Goddess could jump in the action?

OOCYou can have your illusionist lady/Goddess pop in at the random bar Steven is at in NYC and we can have an illusion-off. 8U

voidstars.png

IC:Longshot spotted Plasmafire falling, and quickly calculated the best angle with which to dive out of the way at the last moment. As she ducked to the side, Longshot swung around to strike a kick into Plasmafire's back as he landed. And, knowing her powers, it was reasonable to assume she'd aimed her boot to land exactly where it would cause the most damage.Meanwhile, Fade caught sight of Sakeme, standing off to the side and observing the fighting. Sakeme spotted him almost immediately, and hurled waves of water and spears of ice his way. Fade rushed to dodge; yes, he could have phased through it, but he couldn't come back into phase without risking drowning. Fade guessed at least some of Sakeme's concentration was tied up keeping his mind-controlled subjects in line; either that would keep him distracted enough to let Fade get closer, or their fighting might force him to lose some of his control over the heroes. Fade just needed to stay alive long enough to find out.---Tornado saw Gap's hasty tumble and, seeing it as a sign she was starting to falter, took the opportunity to strike. He shifted the winds, attempting to throw off Gap's aim before she could land her kick. At the same time, focuses bursts of wind pounded the ground around her, leaving deep indentations in the stone floor where they struck as he attempted to hit Gap. Suddenly, in the midst of all this chaos, Gap's communicator chirped once again."Uh... hey again," Hivemind said in a low voice over the comm. "I... I haven't caught you at a bad time... have I?"---Mystic nodded and extended a hand, clasping it around Loadstone's arm and pulling herself up. She paused a moment to catch her breath, trying to brush a few loose strands of hair out of her face; true, she couldn't see them, but she still knew they were there and it'd just be bugging her. Regardless of her best efforts, at least one strand steadfastly refused to remain in place, and Mystic just chose to ignore it. There were far more important issues at the moment."Well... thank you for your assistance, however delayed it might be," she said. Then, her face shifted into a frown. "Now, just what do you two think you're doing? This team of villains was sent here to retrieve Aquarius. We need you upstairs, ready to cut off their escape route, not letting some madwoman with a stave lead you on a wild goose chase across the mansion!"Archmage whirled around, taking a moment to confirm all her escape routes had been cut off. She cast a glare at Omega, then began blasting away at the shield with all of her might. Omega had been half right about the effectiveness of his constructs, as the shield was absorbing the impact of the disintegration bolts at the moment. But the shield was held in place by Omega's own will and focus, and a bolt of energy powerful enough to disintegrate a target had a lot of energy behind it. Thus, whether or not the shield would hold much longer under Archmage's barrage was wholly dependent on whether Omega could maintain against the intense forces pounding at the walls of the shield.[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC: Omega groaned, clutching his head with one hand while the other shook as he struggled to maintain the energy construct. "Love to help you with that, Myst," he said as nonchalantly as he could while dealing with a headache vaguely reminiscent of a small thermonuclear warhead inside his skull, "but I got enough of a headache just keeping her from disintegrating half the mansion on top of our WOULD YOU CUT THAT OUT?!" Apparently the increasing strain on his mind was getting to him. Omega lifted his hand suddenly, and the sphere of energy followed suit as if held within it, tearing up the chunk of floor inside it. He shook the sphere like a snowglobe for a moment, then slammed it back down where it was before. Even if it didn't stop Archmage, it should at least buy him some time to cool down. Not that this occurred to Omega, who had basically done that because he was mad.|H-D|

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC (Nihilo): Why was Zappy looking at him? He didn't say anything! He was supposed to be a bodyguard, so he was supposed to be suspicious! He was getting frustrated with the distrust Zaparus was sending his way until he realized something: it was distrust. A negative emotion. Nihilo jumped at the chance, and silently and invisibly began to feed off of the emotion.

OOC: Eh, I don't think she would go into a bar for any reason. Unless you can think of one.

Dieter Geist, Grau/Mansion Holding Aquarius, Helping the EscapeIC:

So, this was the mansion, eh? Pitiful. Grau had walked right past anything that might keep a normal being from advancing. No, he had just kept strolling along peacefully. After all, in a few moments he would gave to fight a bunch of heroes to save this Aquarius guy. Then his peace would be put on hold for duty to the Coalition. Not that he had a sense of morality, or a true sense of duty, but he would get to kill a few people.Thus, pulling his rapier and pistol from each hip with the opposing hands, he kept going. Usage of the claymore would wait until he got in a real fight with one of the heroes. Then they would find just how deadly a sword that could pass through defenses would be. They would taste the futility of fighting a ghost. He chuckled grimly as he took the final, fateful steps into the main area of fighting.One bullet, two bullets, three bullets flew from his Glock with deadly precision. One was aimed to pierce through the struggling Ultionis' skull, the other two at two other heroes' chests. Grau fully stepped from the wall, returning his hand and weapon into an intangible state. "So, zhis is ze group ov villains to aid in an ezcape ov Aquarius? Vell, let's get a move on, zhen."

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

OOC: Is your plot one that Gadgeteer could possibly get into, TPTI? I was going to start ICing him again but I'll hold off if so.IC: BOOM, BOOM, BOOM went the floor around Gap as high-pressured winds cracked it into craters. After landing (awkwardly, and nowhere near Tornado) she'd had only a split-second to react before they started to appear. She hopped and twirled about as she avoided them, performing what looked like some drunken dance.She looked back on her decision to try and intimidate Tornado, then considered now the wild, angered, desperate villain who wasn't holding back in his attacks against her. She wished she could wormhole back in time and slap herself.Hivemind's voice buzzed behind the din of everything else. Gap just about made out what her comrade had to say, but hardly had time to respond. She replied in short bursts, during the exhalations as she landed in-between dodging wind-impacts."You'd - better be - messaging - to say - you're ready!" Luckily Tornado was now standing still, so positioning a wormhole to swallow him up would be easy. The tricky part would be gathering a moment to concentrate on forming said wormhole. But Gap awaited Hivemind's response first, in case her plan had changed at all...

Edited by Kumata

OOCI figure you go into the bar for a drink. :PBut since Steven seems to be meeting people via highspeed collisions, this should work;IC [steven/NYC]The man, having drinked enough for his tastes, decided it was time to leave the bar and find some place to stay. The illusionist left, heading down the streets still under veil of illusion.OOCI'll make up for the horribly short IC later; crashing into Steven from behind is how he's meeting everyone today, so maybe that?

voidstars.png

OOC: Maybe Steven could be the one to crash into her. He has been drinking after all.

OOCConceivable; that should work. So, ToD, just say Goddess is walking down the street or something and Steven can drunkenly and randomly slam into her xD

voidstars.png

OOC: Alrighty, then. XD

Taylor Finch, Goddess/New York City, Bumping into StevenIC:

Taylor walked down the street, annoyed by the rather rude wolf whistles that the occasional passerby felt the need to voice. That was one of the problems about being a famous model and an illusionist - it seemed every other man that she met felt the need to babble unintelligibly about her beauty, try to grope her, or ask her out. She sighed, hand clenched into a fist to deck anyone that might try any of those while she was stopped on the street corner. Knowing her luck, it would be some drunk that would stumble into her. When the crosswalk showed she could move forward, she sighed and shook her head as she continued forward.

OOC: Thank you for deciding to join the Aquarius bunch, ToD, we desperately need the help. :P I feel the need to point out that this mansion is Mentor's home, situated above the League Headquarters in New York City. Also, so as to dispell our suspension of disbelief, I happen to have a good reason for Grau to be there, other than he just happened to pop in.Reinforcements, guys!IC: (League Headquarters)The initial team sent to retrieve Aquarius had done a remarkable job getting as far as they had, given that they had broken into (and nearly escaped from) the central hub of the League itself. But what none of those Villains had known, however, was that the Coalition had little faith in their success. In case of a situation just like this, when the Villains were incapacitated, unconscious, or too busy fighting the Heroes to escape, a second wave of Coalition members who were waiting nearby would step in.And step in they had, as Grau had demonstrated quite nicely. Mere seconds after his barrage, another man in a dyed blue leather jacket and a steel blue track suit turned the corner, blue sunglasses masking his eyes as he surveyed the scene."Blowhard, we've found Aquarius," Spex spoke into his Coalition communicator. "If we get tied down here, remember that the other Villains are a lesser priority."Ultionis' kick missed Aquarius' head by a mile, but rammed him in the chest hard enough to knock the wind out of him. The water failed as Aquarius gasped, too weak to fight any more. Luckily, it seemed, he no longer had to.One of the Heroes Grau had shot twisted around to dodge the bullet, then lashed out with his wrist. A series of vines slithered out of concealed pouches in the wrist of his suit, growing out at a rapid rate in an attempt to snare the Villain.Meanwhile, across the mansion and down in the sublevels, Loadstone fixed Mystic with a pointed stare. "They broke him out?" he asked, startled. "How was I supposed to know that? For the record, we're the only reason that this madwoman and her buddy up there weren't part of the assault that managed to reach the interrogation room."OOC: You know, KJ, I totally forgot about Nihilo's emotion reading powers. Zaparus trusts Nihilo, to an extent at least, and hasn't looked at him sideways since they got off the plane. Inquisitor, on the other hand, has looked at him suspiciously at least twice...For that matter, feel free to get all kinds of negative emotions off of Inquisitor; it's not readily apparent, but he's a jealous, vindictive jrk. Of course, he masks it behind a pleasant demeanor, so not even most of his coworkers know that. ;) IC: (NPCs - Washington, D.C.)Inquisitor led the group into the back of a long black limosine with a tan colored interior. He sat on the side closer to the driver, leaving the others to sit across from him."The ISNN Studios are located in downtown Washington," Inquisitor told Zaparus. "Several blocks north of the White House, in fact. Assuming we don't hit traffic, it shouldn't take too long to get there."~Lord Rahl~

IC [NYC/Steven]In this instance the superheroine's worries weren't exactly correct. Steven wasn't quite what you'd consider drunk, just a little unsteady, and in the dimming light of the evening, his eyesight wasn't the greatest. Nonetheless he did haphazardly crash into a woman walking down the street, and that combined with the alcohol snapped his illusion -still a thirty year old woman-, his true form reverting back as he and the woman stumbled into a collapsed heap.Well there's the first time I hit someone instead of them hitting me today, he dully noted in his mind

voidstars.png

OOC: Actually, Rahl, that's what Kumata and I were thinking. Reinforcements. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. =P

Grau glanced at his assigned teammate. The guy was fast, that was for sure. Of course, he hadn't exactly been running or even walking fast, but the point still stood. He continued walking forward, ignoring the vines that passed through his body. He raised the Glock once more and fired off five more rounds, aiming to dispatch of this vine-wielding hero as quickly as he could. With another glance at Spex, he calmly said, "Grab Aquarius, Spex. I'll keep zhem at bay vhile you get him out."

Taylor rolled away from whoever pumped into her, fist raised -Then she put it down, seeing another woman -Then raised it again and punched whoever this guy was square in the face. With that, she picked herself off the ground and offered a hand to help him up. Sure, she had just punched him in the face, but her heroism overcame that fleeting feeling of annoyance. "Er - sorry about that. I, uh, was kind of surprised. Are you okay, sir?"

Edited by Toa of Dancing

IC [NYC/Steven]"Owwww..." Steven muttered a few Spanish curses under his breath before accepting the hand, getting himself up as he shook his head for a moment. "I think you broke a tooth. I'm thinking clearer now though, so that's helpful. Do all Americans punch people in the face for bumping into them or is the universe just playing it's usual games?"Subconsciously, he took in the woman. Well built to say the least, but Steven, as with many other things, was jaded against that sort of thing. Other men may of been drooling by now, whereas he simply took it in stride. He did, after all, have the ability to make realistic illusions; when you could potentially be that every day of your waking life, you stopped caring as much. That, and the universe hated him; for all he knew this woman was about to blow his head off with a gun. It was common knowledge all Americans carried guns after all.

Edited by Sweetroll Thief Alex Humva

voidstars.png

IC:"Oh, no, don't worry about that! Everything... everything's set up on my end..." Hivemind said, a slight painful wheezing in her voice. "I'll just need you to set up the wormhole... make it big... big as you can... oh, and duck. Seriously. Just duck. I... I can see this going haywire pretty easy..."Tornado, meanwhile, continued his assault, currents of wind slicing through the air like razor-sharp blades towards Gap...---"Who or what they came here for is irrelevant in this situation; what is important is that they are not allowed to escape. They're most likely to exit the way they came in, likely why this woman and her company remained behind. In chasing after her that exit route is critically under-defended; it was not strictly necessary for both of you to pursue this woman," Mystic said, attempting to explain herself as calmly as possible given the situation. "But none of that is important right now; I need to get up there to head off their escape, and your aforementioned madwoman just destroyed the nearest lift. If either of you can assist me, it would be most appreciated.""Hey, I - oof! - resent the - ow! madwoman comments, you know!" Archmage shouted out as she bounced against the walls of Omega's shield.Archmage had spent most of the time shaking around making every effort she could to slam as hard against the shield as she could, or at least as hard as was possible without serious injuries. She couldn't do anything to stop the shaking, so instead she'd figured she'd make Omega deal with about a hundred-or-so pounds slamming against the sides of his shield. Now that the shaking died down Archmage slumped down against the side of the orb, charging her staff once again to resume blasting against it...[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

OOC: CoKK, I just noticed you stopped ICing Dread. Did you forget him?For some reason this next character is the one I've drawn the most versions of. It's Loadstone!

LoadstoneNew.png

IC: Gap found the 'sharp' winds easier to dodge - they were more compact and not as destructive as the impact-wind - but they were also the trickiest to see coming. Eyes narrowed, she leaned and sidestepped as fast as physics would allow her, feeling the occasional lancing sting as one scraped her arm or leg. With the craters dotted about it was getting difficult for her to keep her balance too. It was with great mental effort she was driving out thoughts of pain, how exhausted she was, anything that might serve to distract her. She realised now that that mental processing power was what she needed in order to concentrate on forming a wormhole. In other words: her only option now was to stop dodging, focus her hardest, and hope she could rip a hole in spacetime before Tornado's winds ripped a hole in her.

With one last leap backwards, Gap landed on all fours and began to visualise the gate outside...

All Americans besides Taylor, Miss Goddess, maybe. She however, had no such thing anywhere on her person, just a pair of blue jeans and a pink turtleneck blouse. The hero-suit was beneath those, of course. With a smirk, she replied, "No, I, uh, reacted in self-defense. The perverts that generally run into me deserve punches. You don't seem to be drooling and triping over yourself, though, so... I'm willing to help pay the dental bill, if that will help."

IC [NYC/Steven]"That requires me going to a doctor. I don't go to doctors, not anymore. Last time I went to one... eh, my tooth will fix itself." He used a hand to feel his jaw for a moment, then spit up some blood and had a chip of tooth, about the size of a rice grain. "So that's why it hurts so much. You can throw a good punch, to say the least. Question though; typically when people see me change form, they run screaming, or try to kill me. So either you're genre savvy, or a super. Which might you be?"

voidstars.png

Taylor Finch, Goddess/New York City, Speaking with StevenIC:

"...Uh, come to think of it, the fact that you changed didn't even really register," replied Taylor with a concerned glance at the tooth bit and the blood, "I guess you could say I'm both. I go on a site that has a bunch of tropes in it, and for some reason I'm not surprised when they happen in real life - am I rambling? Sorry... I'm kind of a nerd. So, uh, you have powers of illusion too? And healing, I would assume?"

IC: Plasmafire cried out as Longshot's boot connected. Yeah, that definitely felt like a kidney... Aaaaand now he was ticked. He picked himself off the floor and advanced on Longshot, superheating the air for a few feet around him. "Until now I was going easy on you. No more of that." He muttered, hurling fireballs at her as he ran at the controlled hero.IC: Negafire looked around the inside of the limo. "Dude, is this one of those limos that has a fridge hidden in it somewhere?"

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC [NYC/Steven]"Ah yes, that site. It ruined my life." Steven shrugged. "But yeah, I'm an illusionist. No healer though; this tooth is going take forever to fix itself, if it ever does. So if you're an illusionist, is that your actual form, or are you under guise?" It was an honest question, considering her proportions.

voidstars.png

"Question though; typically when people see me change form, they run screaming, or try to kill me."

OOC: Clearly he's never been to Tokyo. :P

OOC: Actually, Rahl, that's what Kumata and I were thinking. Reinforcements. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. =P

OOC: I guess I'm not the only one who had that idea, then. I've been meaning to bring some extra NPCs in since Dirge got shot.Something about Loadstone's face looks...odd. The longer I look at it, the more satisfied I get, but that first glance always looks wierd somehow... I think it's the lines above his mouth, if I had to hazard a guess...Not complaining though, the rest of him looks fabulous, as usual. :biggrin:IC: (League Headquarters)Spex's responce to Grau was to fire a burst of blue energy from his eyes, blasting back the other Hero who had attempted to place himself between the Villain and Aquarius. Though he had some choice comments for his German companion, he had the composure to keep his mouth shut as he knelt beside the Coalition geneticist.The vine-wielding Hero snarled at Grau, the vines suddenly disconnecting from his wrists as he rolled behind a corner, narrowly dodging the bullets as they peppered the wall behind where he had been standing. Maple-Man had fought intangible Villains before, and they were a pain in the rear to defeat. His suit also had a layer of Kevlar padding; he'd been in the Hero business long enough to understand its usefulness. No point in taking chances, though.Pulling a maple seed out of another hidden pouch, Maple-Man fed his willpower into it, causing it to grow. In seconds he had a stout maple staff in his hands, roots clustered at one end and a few budding leaves at the other. He readied himself for the Villain to turn the corner, gripping the staff tightly in both hands.---"I was dueling with her first," Loadstone replied defensively, summoning what was left of his magnaboard and sealing the pieces together. It was much smaller than before, but he didn't have extra time to find more metal to add to it. It would still hold two people."I can fly you to the ground level," he added, climbing onto the hovering board and holding out a hand to help Mystic onto it.IC: (NPC - Zaparus)Inquisitor suppressed a grimace as the limo began moving. "Yes, it is," he said pleasantly. "We want to be sure that Dr. Schuller is comfortable, after all. He is doing the ISNN a great service, upgrading our filming equipment."~Lord Rahl~

Grau didn't turn the corner. No, he was intangible. There were much more efficient ways to dispatch of heroes than turning the corner. Like stabbing through their body from body swinging the sword from the wall. flying above them and shooting through the skull.But he wasn't supposed to focus on one hero. He was, instead, supposed to fend off all of them. That wasn't hard, of course. He could stand there and fire at them while feeling none of their feeble attempts to fight back. Or, better, he could get physical, stab them through the chest. If one of them decided to be fun, he could pull the claymore from his back and end it with a single slice. But for now he settled to keep walking forward, quickly changing between every hero in his fire. One has taken a bullet to the shoulder and, subsequently, wasn't able to do much more than fling bolts of ice at Grau.Ice, eh? Normally an intangible being's weakness was temperature. Sure, fire made Grau very uncomfortable. Ice? It felt like a spring breeze to him. If anything, it energized him. The villain suddenly rushed forward, stabbing the frosty hero through the heart before flinging him on the ground and crushing his neck.The rest, of course, were more intelligent; they had the sense to stay out of physical range. Yet they were still in range of the Glock, and Grau used this to his advantage. He kept shooting to kill - what was to stop him?

"Well, you said the tooth would heal, so... And I'm really sorry. Are you sure you don't want to go to a dentist?" she asked, seeming to ignore the last question. She really didn't like it when someone thought her "perfect" body was due to illusion.

IC [NYC/Steven]"It might, might not. Tooth doesn't heal by itself, but proper fluoride treatments can cover that sort of thing up. But trust me, doctors are the worst thing possible for a person of... my sort of luck." Steven took note of the sidestepping of his question. Someone was touchy. He focused for a moment, and the chip in his tooth vanished, replaced by what seemed to be real tooth. "Blah. Still hurts, but not so much. Funny thing, illusions. I don't know about other illusionists, but my illusions are actually real. Well, as real as my focus is. That's why when I stumbled into you my illusion snapped; normally I could of kept it manageable, but I've had a little too much to drink probably. If I make, say, an illusion of a third arm, I can feel that arm just like I actually had it, but that means if someone cut it I'd feel pain too, and it'd break the illusion."It was obvious at that point that Steven's drink was keeping him from keeping his mouth shut.

Edited by Sweetroll Thief Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"Really? That sound interesting. My illusions are just plain illusions. Of course, I can make someone believe that they're real, even if they see it magically appear. I could shoot an imaginary gun and trick them into feeling the bullet fly through their skull. They would then die, of course. Good thing that I'm inclined to not kill people, I guess..." she said, also rambling.

OOCDear god help us all, two illusionists rambling on. This could last another ten pages. xDIC [NYC/Steven]"But wouldn't that require a component of the victims will too?" Steven was normally intrigued with these things, and the drink wasn't helping matters. "Couldn't one, if properly mentally trained or use to these things, resist the illusion slash mental projection? Take for instance myself; I live with illusions all the time, wouldn't I have a built up mental resistance to such things?"

voidstars.png